• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn had just woken up and was casually walking throughout the forest. The sun was beaming down on her through the treetops. Her soft blue-green eyes then spotted a small yellow flower on the ground, she then leaned down and picked it up. She put it up under her nose and did a small, graceful sniff. "Ooh," she whispered to herself. "This will go perfect with my flower crown!" she spoke her thoughts. Kaitlyn had been living out in these woods for about fourteen years now, and things haven't changed a bit.

She turned and headed back to the waterfall with the small flower in her hand. She had spotted a few more along the way there, she then placed a purple one behind her ear. She sat down on a rock and put some flowers on her crown. She smiled with satisfaction, she then sighed. She was alone once again. Tears welled up in her eyes. The purple flower fell from by her ear and onto the water from the waterfall's surface. Kaitlyn stood up and grabbed a hand-woven basket. "I guess I'll just... go find some berries..." she sighed and walked to find some berries.
Thanny Thanny

Winding his way through the tree-shadowed undergrowth was a young man who, to an observer, would seem quite lost for straying so far from the beaten path of the primitive roads that stretched from village to village. He looked up with an eye of interest, as if sifting through the local flora and fauna for a picturesque view. The deeper he went into the forest, the more it looked like old growth. The hands of humankind seemed to not touch this place for quite a while; it was wild and unscarred, ensuring lovely sights in a sea of green and brown, a fine difference from the greys of hewn stone and dark, oil-painted square-cut wood of the village buildings.

He freed himself with his walking stick from the tangle of thin vines wrapped around a bush and slipped into what appeared to be a grove that allowed enough sunlight to grow a fair number of bushes laden with edible berries, a fine treat for a wayward traveler such as he was! Without much hesitation, he ventured over to a bush and checked for ripeness, perhaps startling a number of foraging birds in the area that sought the same prize.

Kaitlyn Williams

"Now, where are those berries..?" she asked herself, with some slight irritation in her tone. She had never seemed to get lost like this. She usually could find the bush without any issues. Something was off in the air to her. She flicked her ears and listened. She spotted two deer together, a stag and a doe. She sighed. Love was tough. Seeing animals together made her even more depressed, she exhaled a sigh.

She then spotted the oversized bush decently ahead of her. She smiled and stepped forward and began taking some berries off. Placing some into her basket. No, she wasn't very tall, not even five feet. She was itsy-bitsy. She then saw the bush budge. Was someone else there? She was hoping it wasn't a human. She had no trust in them. They had murdered her family when she was around five years of age. She stepped backward and somehow stumbled onto the ground. She pulled herself back into a hole in a small tree around two feet back.​

The bush was nice and large, holding ripe and unripe fruits of raspberries. Feeling famished, and a bit of a sweet-lover, the young man pulled at some of the succulent berries and brought them to his mouth after a short checkover. During the second pull he snagged a thorn on his sleeve and accidentally yanked the bush. What next happened startled him: a noise from behind the bush was summoned to existence. He withdrew and checked for his nearby walking stick, awkwardly holding it with both hands to defend himself if need be.

Nothing immediate seemed to happen, and he peeked around the bush to find . . . just a tree. Wait, not just a tree. Something curled up within a hollow within it. He paled and backed up, unsure of its animalistic appearance, and yet those hands seemed human.

"W-werewolf?!" he voiced in incredulity, this time with him turning heel to get further into the clearing. Once in the open, he turned to view what he had seen, at the same time sure and unsure of what he had seen being the truth. Was it just some creature that nestled itself in there? Was it really something of his overactive imagination, or was it truth? He dared to check with his voice.

"I want no trouble, whoever or whatever you are," he voiced, stick ahead of him. Maybe it could understand him or scurry off. Either way he hoped it was not just some monster.

Kaitlyn Williams

She was holding her knees against her chest and heard some movement outside of the tree. There was someone out there... Nervous, she tempted to squeeze in more, even though there wasn't much room in the tree. She saw a figure standing out and had seen her. She gulped roughly. The figure was a human. She held in her whimpers when she heard him speak. She simply eyed her basket she had made herself, that did have berries in it but had been dropped.

She was too nervous to speak. To move. To breath even! She was completely terrified. But now when she thought about it, he probably was too. Her face slowly began to soothe and she untensed her muscles.

"What do you want from me..? And who are you..?" she spoke out of fear. She couldn't really control what she said at this point.​

Glancing up from above his shillelagh, the young man looked puzzled. It was a feminine voice that greeted him, not what he expected. What did he expect? Growls and snarls? He did not know besides maybe it scurrying away or toward him in a rush of bloodlust. And then he saw the berry pickings from the discarded basket. Perhaps he was mistaken, that this was a woman wearing a wolf pelt with its head still attached. He coaxed his muscles from the adrenaline rush he had and dropped his weapon to his side.

"I'm sorry. I did not know that anyone even lived out here," he brought to voice, scratching his head beneath his cap with his free hand. "I'm sorry about your berries as well. Hopefully I did not scare you too much. How about I help you out with filling your basket and we can call it even?"

He eyed the hollow all the while, not exactly seeing her well enough from his location in the sunny clearing with his eyes quickly adjusting to sunlight. Right now he thought she was human.

Kaitlyn Williams

"Well I live out here, this forest is my home," her voice was husky, still startled from before. His voice was male, she flicked her ears as she listened to him speak. She hasn't spoken to anyone in so long, she was kind of grateful. She relaxed as he offered to help her pick some of the desired berries. She was hugging her tail, but she simply crawled out and stood straight. She was a few feet away from him, still nervous and somewhat shy.

"Sure..." she leaned down and picked up the basket with two hands. She examined his posture in silence, making it obvious she was curious. She had never been so close to a human being before. Her tail was very fluffy and looked like to was made of silk. Yes, she took care of herself as any human would. She lived behind a waterfall and bathed in the water. She flicked her ear once more, making it obvious, that she was indeed not human.​

The boy reeled back in surprise when he realised that in fact she really was not human in shape, but that was not to say that she was monstrous. In fact, she looked quite lovely if you consider her as a whole, with that lustrous tail and those darling ears as she leaned in with curious eyes. He gulped as he was assessed, but he did not let loose his tongue or make a threatening gesture with his stick for fear of startling this individual. She was shorter than him by about a head, but that was hardly surprising to him, as he considered himself tall.

When he decided to speak, he made sure to not wholly turn his back on her as he ventured towards the bush again, kneeling and putting his stick on the ground to pick at tiny berries of the right consistency.

"So, uh . . . nice place you have settled in," he said, trying to quell the nervousness that threatened to escape his voice box. He failed. "The old part of the forest is rather nice. I just happened upon it while taking a walk."

Kaitlyn Williams

It was as if she knew she was making him uncomfortable, but she had never been so curious. It took her a good few minutes to come over and pick some berries next to him. She sat on her knees and was searching around also. Kaitlyn would shoot him a glance every few seconds, still madly curious of him. "I only pick berries here," she spoke after he did. Her voice sounded angelic and soothing. "Would you like to see where I stay?" she wanted to know more about him. Trust was the one thing that was key to her.

"It is beautiful here... funny thing, I haven't spoken to anyone in years," she confessed. She motioned her hand up and parted her hair behind one of her ears, in a shy manner.​

"Where you stay?" he asked, his voice still slightly a-quiver over the minutes, or was it the lack of using his voice for that long, or maybe that he forgot to swallow before speaking? He did not know, but he tried to correct all of these things by gulping slightly and responding further. "I admit that I am curious. From what I have seen, there was no sign of human interaction anywhere, or, ah . . ."

He looked her over again, his cheeks quickly burning from a blush. He did not know exactly what she was, but her mannerisms all seemed quite human. Was she human? Did some witch cast a spell on her to turn her this way? Was she just like this from birth? Did she come from a family that seemed just as animalistic as she did? He had a multitude of questions to ask her, but was not sure of where to begin or what would be even correct to say. Whatever she was, though, she was lovely. There was no doubt about that.

"Wait, you are all alone?" he further questioned in surprise. "No one to talk to? That sounds like a lonely existence. Had I been in that situation, I might have gone mad, or at least talk to things that would not understand me like rocks and birds."

He looked down at his collected berries and poured them into her basket, catching a glimpse of her purple flower crown. It seemed that she had plenty of things to keep her company, and the skills to weave a basket, unless it came from one of the villages.

Kaitlyn Williams

"Believe it or not, there's a waterfall deep in this forest," she replied, placing a few berries into her basket. She examined him and noticed his cheeks blushing, she didn't have a clue what it meant. But he seemed unbothered from it. She was slowly swishing her tail to and fro, watching his every move. She looked over his face and downward, not knowing what's considered weird. You couldn't blame her! She has been alone for so long, how would you know?

"Yeah, I'm alone out here. For about fifteen years," she made it sound like it didn't bother her, but it did. She actually enjoyed his company. She picked up the basket and stood up. Obviously about to head back to her home. She began walking, gripping the basket with both hands, down in front of herself. The silence was killing her. "I'm Kaitlyn, by the way. And you are...?" her voice trailed off, expecting him to say his name.​

A waterfall! In this area of rolling hills he had not yet seen a large enough stream to sustain itself while also feeding the trees, but a waterfall sounded lovely! He was very interested now, being a bit of a nature lover, and coupling that with new company of such an intriguing nature he could not pass up the idea. He seemed entirely unfazed by her looking him up and down, more beaming with excitement than catching on.

"Fifteen years," he mumbled in disbelief once the excitement died away, then looking at her features once more. She seemed so young, too. Was she as young as she seemed? If she was, she had to be . . .

He followed her, catching up his shillelagh and jogging up to her side, again admiring her physique and those lovely ears and tail from a different viewpoint. She really was quite cute, putting some of the village girls he dated to shame. Alas, though, that he did not date them for very long before they grew tired of him, always seemingly for a different reason.

Her asking of his name snapped him from his brooding thoughts, and he smiled up toward her.

"Timoteo," he replied, "or Timo for short. It is a pleasure meeting you. A lovely name, Kaitlyn."

Kaitlyn Williams

"Timoteo..." she silently said his name back to herself. "Thank you," she smiled a little from the compliment to her name. The young girl has never known love and has no clue the word exists nor what it would mean. She pushed her way past some trees that seemed familiar to her, and she'd touch them walking past. "We should be getting close," she spoke after one tree, in particular, caught her attention. The graceful sound of a waterfall was nearby, Kaitlyn smiled and pushed her way into a clearing.

"Here we are," she said, facing the waterfall. She simply blew a piece of her hair from her face. She turned to him to see what his reaction would be to such beauty deep in this forest.​

Timoteo looked about as he ventured further and further into the forest, trying to make landmarks within his mind as he did but not really finding much of anything to recall. Instead, he gauged a general cardinal direction from the sun -- eastward, he thought, or was it west? Was the sun already going down or was it still climbing its ladder throughout the sky? -- and guessed from there. If need be, maybe he can get directions from Kaitlyn to trek back to the village he and his parents called home before the day was done. Weaving through a forest was challenging at night, at least for a human.

Kaitlyn alerted him that they were close, and Timo could almost hear the waterfall's soft plunge into a pool. And then he saw it. It was tall, arcing overhead from a hill and plunging just a little further beneath it, by about ten or twenty feet, he wagered. The water then migrated further downhill past a few boulders and a fair distance away from where they were standing. His mouth hung agape at the impressive display of this, and of what appeared to be a dry cave beneath its curtain of water.

"This is where you call home?" he uttered, almost struck speechless. His eyes seemed glued to the sight, as if refusing to part ways with such splendor.

((Feel free to ret-con my description to your liking; I was basing it off of the image you showed regarding where she spends much of her time.))

Kaitlyn Williams

"Yes. Welcome to my humble home," she spoke, striding closer to the water. A small zephyr blew in, making Kaitlyn's hair blow gracefully with it. Many animals were gathered around the newcomer and were sniffing at him. Kaitlyn giggled and walked up to him. "The animals seem to be fond of you," she smiled softly as a cardinal landed on his shoulder. A baby deer even walked over and nuzzled at his hand. The animals were indeed very friendly, not knowing humans, it seemed. Kaitlyn's eyes got huge when a bear came walking over and was carrying a basket. "Thank you, my dear bear," Kaitlyn smiled at the bear and it walked away.

She grunted as the basket was awfully heavy for her to carry. It had a lot of fish inside of it. Kaitlyn could obviously talk to animals. She then walked over to the water and managed to walk along with some stepping stones that led behind the waterfall. "Come in!" she peered out at him and motioned with her hand to follow.​

Timoteo was still spellbound as Kaitlyn ventured ahead and as he was surrounded by . . . animals? He was very much taken aback by woodland creatures and a cardinal that perched on his shoulder. The fawn especially took him by surprise as it nuzzled his hand fearlessly, and after some sensation of understanding what was happening he rubbed its lovely head and neck back. These animals were intrepid after mankind's hunting. Perhaps here they were accustomed to Kaitlyn's presence, and as a result more understanding of humans? She had an enviable understanding of them and them her, it seemed.

As if one more surprise would be missed when a bear lumbered its way to Kaitlyn. Even a bear? Wow! They were dangerous near the forest and worrisome, but not here. He thanked his lucky stars that he did not have to flee from the situation, or try to defend the girl if ut stalked up to her as if she were a meal. Then again, there was that basket in its mouth. Amazing.

Upon Kaitlyn's invitation, he glanced over to where she entered and parted ways with the animals, sending the cardinal and fawn away with a "Nice to meet you" and a smile. He bounced his way across the stepping stones and into the cave, looking about.

"You really have quite the abode! We do not even nearly have anything like this in the village. How did you get here? How are you able to speak with the animals here."

His eyes were wide and his pupils, while narrow, tried to adjust to the dimmer light of the cave. He was once again beside himself in excitement, perhaps overly so. So many new things to see, to hear. Even the soft pat of moisture from the spray of the waterfall was new to him.

Kaitlyn Williams

She smiled when he seemed so comfortable with her animal friends, they were all so friendly. She had gotten inside her cave behind the waterfall with ease. She waiting patiently for him to arrive inside, she smiled softly as he appeared. "My family was raised near here. I decided to make it home," she had her cheeks raised with the cutest smile. "Yes, I can speak and understand the animals here," she nodded and placed down the basket of fish on a rock. "There's much more to see, Timo. But I'll need to gain your trust first. Could we... maybe... I don't know... be friends...?" she questioned, shyly rubbing her arm.​

"Friends, huh?" he brought to voice, blinking stupidly due to being surprised by the request. He never really made friends as quickly or as successfully as this, usually requiring more times of meeting than one, but there was something about her that made him, even without the adventures of visiting her waterfall home, that made him think that even still he would be friends with her fast. Cracking a grin and laughing a note, he said, "For sure, Kaitlyn! We are friends from now on. As for trust, you have gained mine. While I worried for my life on a few occasions, you are very nice and accepted me into your home seemingly without so much as a lick of worry. I cannot say that for a lot of people. Even I might not be like that, regrettably."

He paused for a moment, pursing his lips as if in thought, but that lasted only a short while.

"Well, no matter. For you I would offer the same thing, only I worry that my parents might refuse. But, ah, I would like to see you again, maybe tomorrow? I am fully free, then, but I should probably head back home before people find out I was gone for a night."

Kaitlyn Williams

She smiled excitedly, she finally had someone as a friend! Someone she could hang out with and talk with, without being sad and alone. Her tail swayed in a happy, wagging motion. “Tomorrow sounds good! I’m always free! I mean, where else would I go?” She chuckled. Kaitlyn would take any friends at this point in her life. Only if she could sense a small relationship or feeling with that person.

Well come follow me, I’ll walk you back to where we met today,” she responded, walking past him and out the home. She walked past some familiar landmarks and stopped at the berry bush. “Here we are!” The moon was pretty much rose up and was beaming down on her, making her look all so majestic.

I’ll see you tomorrow, Timo!” She spoke and turned away.​

((Sorry for the wait even though I was viewing; I was wrangling up a finale for a collaboration project I was working on for a half a year. It ended pretty well!))

Timoteo could not help but smile at Kaitlyn's joy and chuckled along with her. Yes, she was certainly quite the lovely individual, and to think that he could have completely missed the chance to meet her by not being in the right place at the right time . . . well, that would have been terrible. He hardly knew anything about her, and yet he craved to do so. Such was a rare quality for anyone he had ever met, and he felt . . . well, he felt blessed.

Stealing glances every now and again as she led on, he felt bad that he had to leave, but all good things have to end sometime, and there was always tomorrow. However, the way she looked in the moonlight was an image he burned into memory. Would he love her? He wondered if that is what he felt, but he wondered if that was right or not. He was unsure if she was human. Is it all right to do so, as human as she might seem? He could only wonder, but for now they were here, two young people having the time of their lives in the company of each other. There was enough there in friendship, or so he felt at the time being.

"See you tomorrow, Kait!" he exclaimed, waving his hand as he slipped into the foliage, led on by the moon's ebbing overhead light.

When he made it back, he slipped into the open window of his room, oozed into bed, and dreamed good dreams of the mystical girl he had met, and of adventures to be had.

((End day for Timoteo. If you would like, I can draft something up for the next day when he next arrives. Let me know your thoughts!))

Kaitlyn Williams

"Bye!" she said waving goodbye to him and walking away. She sighed and walked along, looking around her. She felt alone again, but she knew it wouldn't be too long until they meet again. She got back to the waterfall and saw many of the animals were going home with a mate or family. She sighed and walked into her home, lying on her bed she had passed down to her. Alined with some moss and cotton. She lied down staring up to the ceiling, she couldn't get him off of her mind... confusion crossed her. What was this feeling?

(Yeah, sure go ahead! Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy today!)​

After a hearty breakfast -- having not eaten much yesterday besides berries and, again, breakfast -- and a low-grade scolding from his parents regarding how he had come home late, he ventured back into the underbrush outside the village and made his way back to the berry bushes he had met Kaitlyn before, scoring some trees with a piece of charcoal freshly looted from the house's wood-fire stove to mark a temporary trail. With this it would be hard for him to get lost excepting at night, and he smiled to himself after he finished the last tree and reached the location. What was he even thinking, drawing marks on the trees in charcoal when night was of the most concern? There was always time to correct it, but for now it aided him in committing the trail to memory.

Looking down at his hand, he realised that his palm was coated, as dark as the half-gone charcoal stick it held. Perhaps Kaitlyn's stream would be a better place to wash off than any lesser tributary that flowed through the low grounds, or even some vernal pools. Some of those sources of water smelled strongly of sickening muck and green algae, and were sometimes populated by nuisance insects.

After a failed attempt to wipe it off on his pantleg, he decided to wait a short while, perhaps pluck a few berries for himself to enjoy in the meantime. With one hand dirty, he shufted his shillelagh to the charcoal-covered one and started to tug off just a small selection. After all, this was foraged by her. He wanted to be careful of how many he could take.

((Not a problem! Life comes first.))

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn had woken up with birds singing outside her home, smiling she walked out. "Good morning everyone!" she said, many birds singing in return to her. She sat on the water's edge and stuck her feet in the water. It was very early, the sun had just risen. Without hesitation, she decided to take a bath. Her falling down into some dirt and dust yesterday made her scoff. She looked around cautiously, not seeing anyone, and got in the water. Her arms supporting up behind her. She sighed calmly.

She took some flowers out of her hair and rested soothingly. Then Timoteo came to her head again, making her lips poke out. Why is he always on my brain? She questioned herself. She was hoping to see him today, she smiled at the thought of it. She wasn't really considered nude anyway. Since she did have fur instead of skin.​

((To make a scene or to not make a scene? That is the question for us writers. =P Dare I walk in with unfortunate timing while she is taking a dip in the water?))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back