• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [OPEN] World of Gea: The Greatest Adventure - An exploration Fantasy roleplay. [20/25]

EdwardDewey98

Professional Argentine
Banner.jpg

Welcome to the recruitment thread for my upcoming roleplay! The World of Gea is a Fantasy setting that I created nearly twenty years ago, inspired by various fantasy media such as works of Tolkien, Lewis, Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, etc. But most importantly, I took inspiration from the real world. Through folklore and faith, humans have created hundreds of wondrous creatures and beings. We've gave birth to countless cultures, each with their own unique histories that are translated into my setting.

Through fantasy, we get to explore unique and fantastical worlds, and that exactly what I want to give those interested in this roleplay. You, the players, will be joining an adventuring company created by the Cartographers Guild, funded by the Emperor of Eranoire, with the mission of exploring the old realms and new ones alike. Through your travels, you'll be visiting distant and foreign realms, meeting new races that range from the typical fantasy archetypes to exotic new peoples, fighting strange creatures and monsters and you will be involved in new and unique adventures in each region you visit. But the main goal of this long adventure is to discover new lands, untouched and unseen by those before you. So let me ask you, visitor... are you willing to join the greatest adventure?

Anyone can join! Players can play as myriad of races such as Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Minotaurs, Tengus, Orks, etc. of nearly any background: from the lowest peasant, to a well-renowned minor count or baron. I have 12 slots, 7 of these have been reserved for possible players but nothing is cast on stone just yet and someone might drop out! So keep an eye out if you are interested! It is currently unknown when we would start, but it will happen sometime soon.

Link to the World of Gea Wiki: W.o.G Wiki
Link to the Thread: The Greatest Adventure

To create your character, you must use the character sheet down bellow. If you have questions regarding the nationality of your character, you can ask me or look into the wiki, which is still being worked on at the moment - translating years of notebooks into the internet is a hard and arduous task! As stated before, players can play as nearly any race on the wiki, but new races can be added if you have any suggestions! If you have any questions, you can ask them here and I'll gladly answer them. Once you are done with your character sheet, post it. And if everything is in order, you are free to send me a private message about joining our discord group where I'll constantly update the players on new posts.

Update 1/12/2020: As of today, I'm adding a few requirements. You must have an intermediate understanding of English. While the thread is not ready yet, I expect players to write at least 250 to 500 words. Of course that depends on the situation, sometimes short answers are better than long ones.

Update 31/5/2021: Sadly, due to various personal problems such as studies and general lack of time, we have lost the wonderful additions of Callop and Dakarai. Due to this, I am looking into recruiting two more players interested to join the expeditionary company. Currently, our players are in the city of Waterham solving a crime. I intend to introduce new player characters after the players solve the case. This will give newer players time to think about their characters. Feel free to ask any questions here or in private messages!

Update 19/8/2022: Still open for new players! You can ask me any questions about the lore and setting either here or in DMs.

Update 22/8/2022: As things become active in the main thread again, we still have a few spots open for new players. I've finally decided to set up the amount of free player slots - with 19 lovely players in, we have 6 free slots for new players and their characters. Feel free to message me or ask here for any information related to the lore, the setting or about your character.

I've also wanted to talk about Seconday Player Characters and Player-made NPCs. Players who want to play with various characters can do so, however, for now I am putting the limit of 2 characters per player, if the story continues forth and the player continues to expand both their characters well, they will be able to make a third one if so desired. NPC's on the other hand, have no limit and will be considered secondary support characters who will travel alongside the other NPCs of the Expeditionary Company.

With that being said, please! Ask any inquiries you might have and I hope to see you join The Greatest Adventure!

banner_characters2.jpg

Character Sheet
• Picture: (Preferably drawn art.)
• Name:
• Race:
(If you have any questions please ask them down bellow or through DM's.)
• Class: (More like combat style, which can range from melee combat, archery and magic. Feel free to ask me about it.)
• Age: (Some races live longer than others so please feel free to ask me about it or check the wikia.)
• Nationality: (The nations part of the wiki is a heavy work-in-progress so feel free to ask me.)
• Bio: (This can be worked upon on a later date.)

Example:

• Picture:

Ser Alberto.png
• Name: Ser Alberto de Tarantina
• Race: Human
• Class: Knight
• Nationality: Arcoñal
• Bio: Ser Alberto Eubeko Valentino de Tarantina is a retired knight originating from the Kingdom of Arcoña that served and later led the famous knight order known as "Los Caballeros de Salabianca". Ser Alberto is beloved by the population in Arcoña and was only forced to step down from his role as Grandmaster of the Order when he spoke out against the slavery of Goblins carried out on the New World. Ever since then, he's served as a knight-errant, looking for new adventures despite his advanced and venerable age.

Primary Player Characters:
Gsera, created by joshuadim joshuadim
Kastalli, created by Beann Beann
Sentry, created by Breadman Breadman
Devereaux, created by Infab Infab
Gawain Epharim, created by Dmaster Dmaster
Syllannan Marley, created by Roda the Red Roda the Red
Korzhev, created by FloweryMuffin FloweryMuffin
Petrocles, created by Emperor Sagan Emperor Sagan
Noradriia Besile, created by Vexumin Vexumin
Calocis Fellshade, created by Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
Amani Al-Kassam, created by BriiAngelic BriiAngelic
Mihret Vivar, created by The Prophet The Prophet
Hazel, created by AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa
Pandora, created by Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider
Tatum-Aurani Fafner, created by SilverFlight SilverFlight
Lucius, created by simj26 simj26
Chi'sa, created by Taigakitt Taigakitt
Ziggy, created by Anne Boolean Anne Boolean
Cassius Sage, created by Terrier B Terrier B

Secondary Player Characters:
Olivier de Lyonesse, created by Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
Ahanu ka Yup'kwa, created by BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

NPC's Created by Players:
Ser Waylond Nathairóir, created by Breadman Breadman
Ser Pottrey Nathairóir, created Breadman Breadman
Olga, Holga and Volga, created by Breadman Breadman
Mathias, created by Infab Infab
Klaarghiz, created by Roda the Red Roda the Red
Grigorij, created by joshuadim joshuadim

Player Characters turned into NPCs:
Angelica Bow, created by Emperor Sagan Emperor Sagan
Malthara Kilrae, created by Infab Infab

In Memoriam:
Zen, created by Ace Cream Ace Cream
Callop Sidhe, created by Fauxs Fauxs
Grunde, created by Auda Auda
Dakarai Sarconocis, created by Develius Develius
Abasi, created by Woffy Woffy
Clarissia Helwryx, created by Jasno Jasno
Clementine, created by Saturn_moon Saturn_moon
Anija, created by Zillamaster55 Zillamaster55

Remember! If you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to help!

Last edited:
• Picture:
Gsera.png

• Name: Gsera
• Race: Ddraig
• Class: Druid
• Nationality: None
• Bio: A young drake hailing from Eonach Coillte, Gsera had spent more of her life growing up in the safety of the woods her father, Geros, lived within under his protective gaze. Having spent decades interacting with the various Tuatha and Fir Bolg tribes that inhabited the woods, Gsera learned to use magic from the former's healing arts and the latter's storm magics. Contrary to what most think of drakes and dragons, Gsera is a gentle and conflict-averse being who perfers to make friends whenever she can. And although she was perfectly comfortable to continue growing in the safety of the Emerald Woods, she always sought to see the world outside of the woods she had spent her existence in even if those outside regarded her with fear and vitriol. And so, taking on her illusory Tuatha form she ventured out of the sacred woods and pushed onwards into the greater world beyond.

images (80).jpeg
  1. name: Ivan Eldon Mannerings
  2. race: human
  3. class: cleric
  4. gender: male
  5. age 35
  6. nationality: west helmos
  7. BIO: was born in a cold life he had no mother but his father was nice he taught ivan the ways of healing
  8. when ivan was 19 he sold potions and other stuff he was starting to feel happy but his father died of illness
  9. and soon ivan decided to go out of the town to take his potions on the Road and explore with his Arcane Magic.

What is the writing length requirement? And how about the technological level of the world?
Depends on the situation, but more than 250 words would be preferable.

As for the technology, it depends on the area, some areas are in the bronze age, others on dark ages while a few are in an early renaissance. Gun powder and muskets exist but they are incredibly rare for example.

is that good enough

it is! details can be discussed later on discord, i'll send you a link later.

Depends on the situation, but more than 250 words would be preferable.

As for the technology, it depends on the area, some areas are in the bronze age, others on dark ages while a few are in an early renaissance. Gun powder and muskets exist but they are incredibly rare for example.

it is! details can be discussed later on discord, i'll send you a link later.
thanks i like to right in my free time will that help because i right 3 or 4 sentences

5082c040ea39427aa5612e3355382f5.jpg
• Name: Zen
• Race: tengu
• Class: rogue/ninja
• Nationality: Shigese
• Bio: A former assassin from an underground criminal organization. After getting fed up with the dirty tasks there he fled away and became a messenger in Eranoire. Sometimes he looks around in fear that the organization would send someone to finish him off, but it never happens... for now.

Last edited:
Pramanix.600.2599208.jpg
Name: Kastalli
Race: Hybrid of Rakshasa and Human
Class: Bard
Nationality: Island of Skæg
Bio: Kastalli holds a deep appreciation for the cold regions as it is all she has known. Trained as a huntress to acquire her own food and pelts, she is mostly accustomed to dealing with creatures and monsters. Although she continues to carry the skills she was taught, her love for music provides her with a different skill set in sound magic. Rather than keep her music to herself, she decided to set out to explore new areas of Gea by joining the Cartographer's Guild.

This is quite interesting. I won't be able to join now due to lack of time, but if someone drops in the future and I'm not pressed for time, I will consider it. Hope it all goes well, seems like it'll be fun. I like that there's a wiki. Will it include dice or any other mechanics? (Also, I want to let you know that the right-side menu in the wikia with what I suppose was to be info for 'Races', 'Nations', 'Monsters', 'Characters' actually leads to a 'Create New Wiki Page' page when you click on any of those, so you might want to fix that if it's a mistake).

This is quite interesting. I won't be able to join now due to lack of time, but if someone drops in the future and I'm not pressed for time, I will consider it. Hope it all goes well, seems like it'll be fun. I like that there's a wiki. Will it include dice or any other mechanics? (Also, I want to let you know that the right-side menu in the wikia with what I suppose was to be info for 'Races', 'Nations', 'Monsters', 'Characters' actually leads to a 'Create New Wiki Page' page when you click on any of those, so you might want to fix that if it's a mistake).
Thank you very much for these kind words! Hopefully we will see you in the future! As for the wiki, it's a work in progress and translating 20 years of written paper into the interwebs is a bit complicated lol!

lulu-zhang-character-design-valkyrie.png

• Name: Sentry
• Race: Yatuski
• Class: Barbarian/Fighter
• Nationality: Doesn't exist anymore
• Bio: If you ask her to recount her life, Sentry would buy you a drink to compensate you for your time. As a small girl, she studied inscription from her grandmother while her brothers were outside learning to fight. Much to her frustration. Then life changed one day for her. She awoke one day to find her skin turned to stone. A blessing few of her people posses and soon the king's men would come for her. Despite his intimidating look, king Cadmus was with a warm heart to those like her. He trained Sentry to be a great warrior and protector of their people.

Years would pass as she became part of Cadmus' guard and their friendship grew as they traveled the land and lend aid to those who need it, but that chapter of her life would close with his death at the hands of the Minotavur. Taking a vow of protection, Sentry would receive another boon from the gods. In a vision they instructed her to take his ring as it granted her life beyond mortal reach. She would protect it until the day someone worthy of his name would come and pick up his crown. She would be their test.

Centuries pass and Sentry would fight off man, beast and everything in between that would dare enter the shrine and take from it. Then one day the cultists would come. Using dark magic, they would subdue her and take her away from the tomb. Next thing she knew, she was in a wizard's tower somewhere far away and the vile sorcerer attempting to meddle with her mind. In a blind rage she would crush his head and take the rest of her frustrations out on any of the cultists that couldn't escape. The incident would leave some scars as parts of her memory would be missing. The shrine's location among the missing pieces.

Now she travels the land like the old days. Lending her services to those in need, seeking adventure and clues to her own goal.

Amazing characters so far! I have added them to the wikia. Also, I've updated the thread to add two requirements.

Update 1/12/2020: As of today, I'm adding a few requirements. You must have an intermediate understanding of English. While the thread is not ready yet, I expect players to write at least 250 to 500 words. Of course that depends on the situation, sometimes short answers are better than long ones.

Harlequin.jpg

Name: Devereaux
Race: Human
Class: Archer/Bard
Nationality: Empire of Eranoire

"All the world's a stage, you see...and it isn't hard to tell what role the marvelous Devereaux plays in it."

Devereaux, a Harlequin who's skill with a bow is quite remarkable. How did a simple entertainer become such an expert marksman? Well, Devereaux picked up the bow at the age of seven, as a sort of a Plan B in the event that life as an entertainer for the masses and royalty didn't go so well. Surprisingly, and to the great benefit of his father, it did. Devereaux, once of the right age, performed in a number of his father's commedia as they caught on in Eranoire. But that didn't stop him from continuing to practice the art of archery. And once his father saw how well he could handle a bow (regardless of length), he decided to try and work his talent into performances outside of his passion plays. Devereaux used his archery skills to perform a variety of seemingly impossible shots and tricks, entertaining crowds and legitimate archers whom would try and imitate him only to fail.

Eventually, Devereaux's father would pass away from Bloodbrick, and soon the group that his father had gathered together to perform went their separate ways. Either to strike out on their own, or to join other groups in performing passion plays. Devereaux, whom wanted something more than simple stage plays and trick shooting for crowds, decided to try his hand in adventuring. And found that it wasn't all that hard to plant arrows through flesh and skulls instead of apples and plates.

Lady Landsknect - Angelica Bow for Eds RP - unknown artist.jpg

Name: Angelica Bow

• Race: Hobálfar (Half-Elf)

• Class: Fighter

• Nationality: Stateless, born in Kaiserdom of Hamala

• Bio: Angelica has been a mercenary for most of her life. Her father, a human, was a warrior of the Drachenjäger, who settled down with her elven mother after his leg was crippled in one of the legendary hunts. From an early age, Angelica and her family lived as travelers, calling home wherever their wagon settled as neither her mother or father could give up their mercenary ways - a habit they passed on to their darling daughter. Enthralled by the colorful, surly mercenaries she lived among, Angelica learned a number of valuable skills before she even picked up a sword - maintaining equipment, nursing wounds, and how to drink from sunrise to sunup and still walk home. When she was finally old enough, Angelica took up her father's old flamberge zweihander and joined the ranks of the Drachenjäger under his good recommendation.

But hunting beasts was not for her. The work was exhausting and tedious, and the end of the hunts too dangerous for such little compensation for a junior fighter such as herself. After more than a few choice words with her once-comrades, Angelica left the Drachenjäger and took to much easier and far more rewarding work - slaying people. She was no stranger to these battlefields, having grown up around them, and she found that the gold rarely stopped coming after a day on the field. And if the gold didn't come, there was always the bodies to loot. Fair game, after all. Shunning the ways of the knights in every conceivable fashion, Angelica cared not for chivalry and honor, only glory and riches. When the mercenary work began to dry up in the region, she leapt at the chance to travel far past the borders she had known in a quest to sate her lust for blood, gold, and conquest.​

Omg, interested interested, IU'll get to workin' on a CS tomorrow if that's ok, this can be a placeholder for now??

Skelemage.jpg

• Name: Gawain Epharim
• Race:
Undead
• Class: Wizard/Necromancer
• Nationality: Brannorian
• Bio:

Time. Matter. Space. All aspects of the universe as it is understood by the creatures residing on it have been measurable and predictable within parameters discovered and calculated over ages past. As a result should one elevate their understanding of the universe, they discover the building blocks that hold it together and can exert their will on it as they see fit. Such thinking is obvious to those who become wizards, using their rigorous study and knowledge of the world to weave great spells to reconfigure reality with mere thoughts and energy. Despite the fantastical nature of such abilities, the novelty has worn incredibly thin, and most wizards with an insatiable lust for knowledge can grow bored of their awe-inspiring abilities. How could they not? For being people who covet reasoning and dedication, spells just become the equivalent a tool, a routine ritual tucked away in your proverbial pack like one would hold a dagger or arrows. The real intrigue and excitement for a wizard is when they are presented with something they cannot understand or describe, something that breaks that routine and can be picked apart by a dizzying series of rapid questions and answers. When a wizard is met with such an epiphany, they'll often throw themselves at their quandaries for days on end, never satisfied until they can be confident in the nature of their discovery.

Despite falling within all of these stereotypes and more, Gawain is not a typical wizard by any stretch of the imagination. In life he sought to covet every scrap of knowledge that he could gather, confident that even the smallest factoid would be of use to a conundrum of the future. As a result early after he ascended the ranks of wizardry and gained mastery in his field, he dedicated himself and various arcane constructs to erecting an immense tower where he could both store his collected knowledge and work in absolute solitude. Whispers of that tower spread across the land both during its construction and well after, its entrance guarded by loyal skeletal sentinels that only allow entry for the eccentric wizard himself. Staring down on the land he sought to understand everything about, Gawain conducted his work for decades. From spellcraft tomes to encyclopedias, if there was any book that held the absolute truth of any subject a copy of it was in his possession and stored there. Yet he was not a selfish sort, and would share his volumes with like-minded people if they had anything that he saw as useful, be it arcane artifacts or rumors of places of potential significance.

One such destination had him visit some sort of place of power, the only information he had to go off of had been this strange arranged rock formation where whispers on the wind could vaguely be heard. Having nothing more than a general region he could find it, Gawain set off in search of the location and its secrets. While it had taken him the better part of a year to locate it, he had done so without too much incident save from the usual pitfalls that came with traveling alone. In an open field on a day clouded by grey clouds and barely lit by patches of sunlight breaking through the covering overhead, he discovered black stone spires pointing to the heavens. On his approach he had began to hear the whispers, the monolithic obelisks arranged in a circle with the center left bare, the words of the language as esoteric as could be while odd runic inscriptions dotted each spire. The whispers on the wind scratched at the back of his mind in a most unpleasant sensation, but nothing he would not weather in the name of progress. Working tirelessly with his tools and taking notes for a whole hour or so, he had began to scrawl possible functions for this odd structure. A focusing point for mana for the use of powerful rituals perhaps? Or maybe some ancient celestial orrery for the tracking of celestial bodies? In time he received his answer, the fragmented voices droning into a hum as the spires came to life, their speared tips the corners of a gateway that had opened directly overhead...

Gawain was immediately met with something out of his depth, something indescribable, maddening, so beyond reason and understanding that he felt his eyes implode with a sickening crackle for just gazing upon the creature and its homeland. Yet as he was rendered blind, he could still hear, still see the psychic disturbance in his memory and current thought patterns as it continued to assail his faculties in the span of a few seconds. He let out a scream of pain as he was rendered deaf by his eardrums exploding outward, blood pouring from the sides of his head as the pressure within his brain grew and grew. An intense bubbling came at his skin and his whole visage began to burn and melt as if it were a candle set near a deep fissure in the earth. The curious wizard collapsed in a heap as the gateway closed, dead from the sheer sensory overload of such an indescribable monstrosity.

Or so he thought. In what felt like an instant he awoke with a start, his body in that same empty field he had found himself in before his meeting with that otherworldly being. However, things were not as they once were. The spires of obsidian had crumbled to practical nothingness, eroded by a full century of meddling and wars passed. Upon examination of himself he soon came to realize that he had still lost his face, the experience that scarred him had not been any mere dream, and he was now reborn as an undead of some sort. As he stood and recollected his thoughts, he found one burning obsession driving him above all else: encounter that creature yet again, find out all that can be discovered about its realm and existence. Entrap it so that future generations may benefit from the knowledge and research that will follow. Gawain was reborn as an undead, and he had much work to do.

The wizard had only his vague memory and the traumatic experience to drive him, the notes he had taken on the structure far too haphazard and early along to be of any use to him. He could only go back to his tower, which had thankfully stood the test of time in his absence. Once there he threw himself at every tome he possessed, trying to discover any hint of what could have created the anomaly he saw before him. There was no place on the planet that was like the background of what he saw in that gateway, hinting at a whole new undiscovered land to be explored. He began to theorize that perhaps this had been a whole other part of existence entirely, perhaps even the afterlife, though he could not say for sure. What he did know was that some ancient people had managed to breach the space between his world and that one, and he would discover their methods and make them his own. And he was fortunate enough to have the drive and all of eternity to do it.​

Not a problem! You can use that as a placeholder, you might be the lucky because you might have just filled in our last spot!

Ah!Oh my goodness, ok! I'd get to work on a CS right now, butit's a little late here atm, and I know if I force my brain to work my writing will be sloppy haha, but I'll get one made first thing in the morning!!

Ah!Oh my goodness, ok! I'd get to work on a CS right now, butit's a little late here atm, and I know if I force my brain to work my writing will be sloppy haha, but I'll get one made first thing in the morning!!
If you need rest go get some. I'm sure your character will shine the most once you are rested!

• Update 2/12/2020: Hello everyone! As of today all player slots are filled. However, there's still 4 players who are not confirmed 100%, if one of these players drops out, I'll update the thread! On another note, I am extremely thankful for the attention this thread has been getting throughout the days it's been up. Thank you for showing even the slightest interest in this idea and setting!

SyllaHD2.jpg

Name: Syllannan Marley

Race: Ljósálfar Half-Elf

Class: Spellblade/Eldritch Knight

Nationality: Brannoria

Bio:
A wandering light elf decided to rest at a modest inn in the city of Ællgan during his travels in Brannoria, and a simple meeting of eyes with Abigail, the owner's daughter, was all it took for the flames of love to ignite, leading them to spending two weeks together until the elf had to resume his journey.
Syllannan was the fruit of this encounter, a half-elf full of energy and curiosity, and a hunger for books and stories. His favorite tales were those of the heroes from his elven heritage, powerful wizards who mastered the power of the arcane with grace and wisdom, so it was only natural that the young half-elf wanted to follow the same steps, dutifully studying and training at the Silverin Academy. There was a big issue though, because despite Ljósálfar elves being the most magically atunned among all the civilized species, much to Sylla's dismay he was far more suited to feats of a warrior, displaying remarkable physical capabilities and a good aptitude for close combat, most likely because of his mother's side having a long history of soldiers and mercenaries, and while the amount of mana he's able to contain within him was actually quite decent, Syllannan lacked the finesse and concentration to control his powers in any complex matter, so spellcasting beyond the simplicity of a fireball or a ray of mana was out of the question.
One day while struggling to control the magical flow through his catalyst, Sylla was reminded of Grand Master Tew, a well known and respected Ljósálfar wizard who founded the Silverin Academy many years ago after helping to stop the Hamalan-Eranoiran invasion at the Eonach Collite. Sylla also remembered the powerful catalyst of the grand master, an ivory staff made from ancient trees, and decided that the only way for him to breakthrough his training was to practice with that staff, since such a great artifact could show him levels of sorcery he was a stranger to. A couple days later, Sylla managed to sneak into the master's chamber and borrow the staff for a single afternoon, and headed towards the outskirts of the city for some diligent training.
After well over an hour of constant chanting and casting, the results were nothing more than the simple spells Syllannan was used to except for a considerable increase in power. Right when he was prepairing to return to the academy, a famished and rabid warg ambushed Sylla and leapt at him. A few minutes later, the corpse of the warg was laying cold on the floor, blood dripping down it's head, and next to it was the half-elf, panting in exhaustion while holding the battered and cracked staff, just being used as bludgeoning weapon to mercilessly clubber the monster to death. It was not long until Sylla's actions were discovered, nearly having him permanently banished from the academy if not for the empathy of the grand master, who left it as a year-long expulsion. Despite this, Syllannan had a realization: he was not a simple mage, he was a warrior, a warrior capable to harness magic, and sitting around in a room reading scrolls or wiggling a stick wouldn't get him anywhere. He had to find his own path to mastering the arcane, and the only way to achieve it would be to step out of the comfort of his home and seek adventure, just like his father did all those years back.

Attachments

• 1606972446396.png
    1606972446396.png
    270 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back