• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ๐Ÿ“š๐ŸŒจ๏ธ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ข๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐ŸŒจ๏ธ๐Ÿ“š

Hey there! I'm Meehr, but feel free to call me Willow, Jean or any variation of 'your illustrious majesty.' (that is a joke i am not that self-centered please believe me)
In short, I'm looking to keep my inspiration for writing flowing and to exercise my writing muscles while I'm at it, so I thought I'd open up a search thread on the site.
Apologies in advance for the lack of fancy coding, I'm not really proficient at it, nor is it what I'm on this site for.

With that out of the way, I suppose I'll elaborate a tiny bit about myself and set down some rules.
  • First things first; I don't really have anything against minors, but I'd prefer if my partners were over 18 years of age.
  • In terms of writing, all I'm asking for is a decent degree of literacy and a genuine interest in the specific plot we're gunning for.
  • I'd prefer if you weren't already involved with dozens of other writing partners. Nothing's more disappointing that a story dying overnight because the other person just straight up forgot it exists.
  • On a similar note, a reply once every 3-7 days sounds like an acceptable pace to me.
  • Work with me to have an idea of the plot going forward, rather than flying completely by the seat of your pants and then randomly dropping the roleplay because you're not satisfied with the direction.
  • Let me know about any triggers and topics you'd rather avoid. Personally, I don't have any (with the exception of mindless, meaningless gore and abuse) and I enjoy exploring dark themes in depth, so keep that in mind I guess.
  • Don't be a jerk, follow site rules.

With that out of the way, I hereby present to you; the plots I'm interested in writing atm. Unless a character is specifically highlighted, I'm willing to play both of the main leads as presented. Any genders, sexualities and identities are fine for any character; they are characters first and don't represent my own tastes. I see a lot of checks floating around by people that seem like they just want to hook up; that's not really me, but I'm completely fine with any kind of romance if it has time to develop.

tl;dr: Character A has to traverse an eldritch dreamland to be granted a wish accompanied by Character B, a trashy spellcaster with nothing better to do.

At the hands of the decimation wrought by continent-spanning total war, many are left on the precipice between hope and despair. Unable to surrender to their misfortune, yet devoid of determination to escape it, they spend their lives idling away in dreamlandโ€”only to one day be consumed by it entirely. They are presented with a singular goal; reach and find salvation within the Imaginary Fortress of the Beyond.

The set-up for this story is such. Set against the backdrop of a fantasy world dominated by humans, an exhausting and vast war finally begins to grind to a halt as resources dry up. Character A, a victim of the conflict who has lost everything but the will to survive, begins spending more and more time day-dreaming about a world where everything had gone differently. What they don't know is that their day-dreams are in truth the result of an ancient spell, which activates when a strong wish of change is born into the world. By the time they realise their dreams are growing uncannily long and that they are waking with memories they never made, it is already too late. The next thing they know, they have been whisked away to a world beyond the veil of dreams. With their former memories slowly dissipating, a single task has been implanted into their heart. Find the Imaginary Fortress and be granted the wish you yearn for.

Thankfully, they are also blessed with a guide in the form of Character B. A carefree and particularly sleazy good-for-nothing witch/wizard, they have decided to take Character A under their wing, simply because 'they have nothing better to do.'

This is a setting I have spent a bit of time world-building, so if it's caught your eye, I'll be happy to elaborate on it further in DM's. It draws strong inspiration from the works of Lovecraft and co. (excluding the xenophobia) and its main theme is escapism.

tl;dr: An ambitious warlord and their retainer scramble to secure their holdings and unify their country.

Inspired by the history of the Sengoku Jidai, as well as japanese myths and legends in general, this story involves an island nation plunged into civil war. In this bloody and chaotic conflict, Character A, the local warlord and newly crowned head of their clan, decides to take things upon themselves and unify the fragmented states into one prosperous nation. Joined by Character B, their favoured retainer of any possible background, they set out on a journey of politics, war and strategy to accomplish their goal.

With this plot, I'm looking to try my hand at tactics, petty politics and all the other things affiliated with civil warfare. It'll center around clans bickering, exhausting sieges and the sacrifices that need to be made in the name of ambition. Really, it's just a dumb anime war plot.

tl;dr: literally black butler

No really, what it says above. There's nothing deep about this, just a victorian setting and demons in heels. In case you're out of the loop, a disgraced child noble (Character A) who has everything taken away from them is approached by a demon (Character B) and the two end up forging a contract in the name of revenge. The demon serves the orphan until their revenge is fulfilled as their loyal servant, in echange for their master's soul once the deed is done.

I'm willing to put practically any spin on this; genders, social position, the kind of supernatural creature and even the setting. Anything about that can be discussed in DM's.

In this fantasy world, simply being an adventurer isn't nearly enough to pay the bills for most people. I mean, why should any noble bother hiring incompetent newbies, when established names will surely do the job? As for the peasants who might have need of said newbies, they're never quite in the position to offer any grand reward, aside from a pat on the back and a good feeling of charity. As such, Character A and B have both decided to take the logical approach to adventuring; selling sought-after material products, rather than offering their services on an over-saturated market. Together, they pillage ancient tombs, disturb legendary wildlife, risk their lives by chasing after forgotten artefacts; all in the hope of pawning them off to rich alchemists and nobles for a hefty profit.

Wandering from town to town in a tiny caravan, the dreaded foe of these fearless heroes is more often the fluctuating relic market, rather than any perils they face in the field. Well, market be damned! If eating another meal means having to slaughter a field of living vegetables, then radish peddlers they'll become!

I suppose this would be more of a light-hearted slice-of-life plot with a focus on adventure, as our adventurers traverse the many different nations of a generic fantasy land. Aside from going on quests to obtain their own merchandise, they'd get to experience unique cultures and just mess around, hoping that the ogres they stole from yesterday won't return to squash them into giblets. I'd obviously be down for world-building for this plot, but I'd prefer to keep it relevant to the scenes directly ahead so that we actually start someday.

tl;dr: dark magical girl/madoka-esque plot

Go on then, make a wish. This one's similar to the Black Butler prompt in that it's essentially a fandom story, following a similar premise to Madoka Magica. Two magical girls team up to battle the regrets and shame of their city/friends given form, only to discover themselves falling deeper and deeper into a pit from which there is no turning back. Happy to solve the specifics in DM's.

And that's about it for now. Note that a prompt being marked as Currently Down doesn't specifically mean I'm already involved in it, just that my spark for it has subsided for the moment. As a last tidbit, I'd appreciate it if you didn't comment on this thread. Rather, if you have any questions or want to hit me up, just send me a DM so we can get right to business. As for any comments that might end up landing here anyway, they'll probably just be cleaned if I want to bump the thread or so.

Ty for reading this far, feel free to hmu and cya!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back