Other What do you hate the most?

What I hate most is probably relativism/subjectivism. If there is one thing I could consider and archnemesis of me and everything I stand for, that is what relativism and subjectivism is. Frankly I find the notion of it absurd at best and downright arrogant and deceptive at worst. It is not solely responsible for society's problems, things aren't that black and white, but it is something which shakes the foundations of any attempts at solutions and at our core values.

However, now that I've ranted for a moment with the honest more direct means possible, I would like to clarify what I mean when I refer to "relativism/subjectivism". What I am referring to is to the idea that either reality itself or anything we can't concretely and physically measure is subjective, this is entirely dependent on oen's view, feelings or opinion. A common example is morals. When one says that what's right or wrong is subjective that is part of relativism, as they are implying the moral value of the action depends not on an objective measure but on one's own personal feelings or opinions.

There are many reasons why this makes no sense, and just as many reasons why it is a problem to think in such a way. To name one, people disagreeing is the sole justification given by most as to why they believe morals to be anything other than what gives them weight, being real and objective. Relativism creates an echo chamber of one's own opinion and beliefs, undermines any attempt at bringing or so much as suggesting change by mislabeling it as oppressive action or stepping out of bounds and removes all weight from that with which it works. In the eyes of relativism, Hitler and Jesus are moral equals.

When people can't believe I am doing something for them even though I prove it through actions, always expecting me to have an agenda that will end up getting them dead or something.

People that turn everything into a debate.

When you are telling someone something be it a past experience or something else they have do a one up.

I hate when you tell someone something legitimately bothers you, like you are telling them something deep and their response is 'ignore it' however they unload on you with every problem ever since childhood.

The suppression of free speech by by mobs of righteous left-wing nuts both on the Internet and in real life.

Corporations' obsession with controlling the political environment of their companies.

When someone reads that you won't reply to messages in your partner search thread, then sends a message in your partner search thread.

Like its understandable if you can't send messages, but if you can, then buzz off buddy.

•vegetables. especially the green ones.
•rap and how it's infecting every genre from screamo to radio pop.
•pumpkin spice anything. ew. i usually love starbucks, but no thanks.
•the new trend of saying anyone who doesn't like current trends is "not like other boys/girls" like being different is a bad thing. personally, i hate 99% of what's popular at the moment, but not because it's popular... it's stuff i've always disliked. you have a right to like it, and i have a right to dislike it.
•dark roots on dyed hair, especially unnatural colors. it looks so lazy... and i have unnatural hair, so i know the upkeep.
•long car rides... bleh.
•instagram "baddies" and the glorification of being mean/rude/bitchy.
•anyone who puts carrots in sushi.
•short jokes. they aren't funny.

People who dish out disrespect and expect none in return. That's not the way interaction works.

People who call you "honey", "sweetie", or some variant, knowing full well they have zero (0) affection or respect for you and are really just trying to be patronizing. It's transparent and it's ugly.

People who think they're entitled to your attention. Your wanting to talk isn't more important than me not wanting to listen to you. It's that simple. Learn to leave people alone.

PDA. Anything beyond hugging/handholding/maybe just one very quick kiss. Please stop.

When we use "everyone is beautiful!" to mean "everyone has value". It's so hollow and counterproductive. You can be valuable, important, and worthy of respect without being pretty, and I think that's a better message.

And lastly, winter. I'm pretty sure Hell is actually a frozen wasteland.

Last edited:
The term mary sue. It's so hilariously misused nowadays that it's lost all meaning and only serves as a shorthand for "I don't like this character but I'm not gonna bother explaining why".

Turkeys. They're ugly oversized rats with useless wings that just crowd around on country roads. GET OFF THE ROAD, GRANDPA. I DON'T HAVE ALL DAY.

In terms of roleplaying? I hate the lack of effort. I am a busy human, and if I'm taking the effort to run / host a game, and / or bother making a character in the first place, I expect some quality and timeliness on the other end.

I also hate exhaustive lore. As in, lore that was written for the sake of making it complex and not written in a way that is easy to understand and written to give a basis for making something wonderful. If the basic info of your RP, that I must know to play, is more than 2 pages long in a Google Doc, I'm not going to bother reading it.

Careful execution is critical. Deliver all the parts necessary, make it enticing, and I'll put in astounding levels of effort, and be more loyal than is probably natural. But if you need a 500 page thesis to explain how I can fit my characters into the narrative you've spun, you've lost me on page 1.

In terms of life? Inefficiency and lack of effort where it counts. Coworkers who can't do their job, or shirk responsibilities. Wasting time thinking instead of doing. I guess it extends everywhere. Time is our most precious commodity, and I guard mine viciously.

Wasting time is not an option.

Unwarranted sexual advances just because I'm being open about it. If I say something about sex it does NOT mean I'll sleep with anyone, especially YOU, So-and-so, who didn't contribute to my discussion at all and just waited 'till I left. It's not an invitation!

"I'll treat you better than your girlfriend/boyfriend." Sure, whatever, but I have to sleep with one eye open if you're the one coming over.

So...I cry a lot. And I hate that. I also hate it when I get told "Don't cry!" Like...it's not a bad thing. I'll cry for a bit and then get on with my life. Don't tell me what to do!

Jokes about abortions/miscarriages. I appreciate dark jokes if they're witty and not when I'm talking about actual scared children. Fuck off x7.

Using anime gifs/reaction images in serious conversation. Fuck off x6.

"You don't need to work out!" I don't need to work out, but I want to. Fuck off x5.

Hate it when I forget what I want to write about stuff I hate.

In either anime or videogames(some JRPGS) there's that one character that has feelings for the main character but will get unnaturally angry because the main character doesn't notice. Coincidentally, that one character is the most useless of the group that will end up volunteering themselves to the bad guys as they think it will help matters when it doesn't. Case in point chapter 4 in Trails of Cold Steel.

In anime I hate the whole one sharp tooth in characters. It just looks annoying because it happens often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back