Literature What are you reading?

hadal

What book are you currently reading? What have you read recently?

I recently finished American Pastoral by Philip Roth and I just started Notes From Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started reading a fantasy series called "the Malazan book of the fallen" and just finished a book called 'guy in real life' they're both good, but the first one is a really long series.

Technically not a singular book, but a bunch of short stories stuffed into one book, I recently finished reading the Necronomicon which contains all the wonderful writings of H.P Lovecraft. 

Absolutely loved it! <3

I have this weird thing where after I read a book, a movie/TV adaptation of that book or series comes out from nowhere.

It started with Harry Potter. A month after I finished the first book, the first movie came out.

Then Eragon. God that movie was bad.

Ender's Game took over a year but that came out, too, and was also nothing compared to the book.

Game of Thrones was great - also had the first season shoot out weeks after I finished the first book.

And most recently Shannara. The TV series took the teen angst up to 11, but otherwise I suppose it was a decent adaptation.

Currently reading Stephen King's Dark Tower series. And considering literally everything by King becomes a movie eventually, I'm pretty stoked.

I'm rereading Radio Silence by Alice Oseman. Currently, nothing bad has happened in the novel but about half way through the book starts stabbing your emotions repeatedly. I don't even get emotional about books but damn.

I'm rereading Radio Silence by Alice Oseman. Currently, nothing bad has happened in the novel but about half way through the book starts stabbing your emotions repeatedly. I don't even get emotional about books but damn.

Not even Solangelo, Jinkxy? (Okay, you know I had to)

I'm reading Intertwined by Gena Showalter, who wrote one of my absolute favorite series, the White Rabbit Chronicles. This book actually came out before them, but oh, well. It's all good so far, just the normal "misunderstood" teenage boy with four souls trapped inside his body.

Wait what.

I'm also trying to reread Warriors from beginning to "end" (meaning, where they are currently.)

Well, right now, I'm reading Dr. Bloodmoney, and will soon proceed to A Scanner Darkly.

[SIZE= 12px]Philip K. Dick is a p[/SIZE][SIZE= 12px]ree-tay good author, I'd say. [/SIZE]

His Majesty's dragon by Naomi novik

Dragons in the Napoleon wars. Need I say more? 

Shokougeki no souma - manga/anime about crazy cooking school. Lol. I'm almost done it though. 

Alongside almost a dozen more manga that I'm waiting for new chapters of. 

Also hopefully rereading Brent weeks black prism series soon... If my coworker ever remembers to bring the damn books. 

I have this book called the woodsmen of yesterday, its partly burned down on the right bottom corner. Rather horrid looking now but the book itself is from the '60s ! It explains all the oldways of camping :)  I could survive off this book that's how explicitly explained everything is . I love it I finished it in one night but im rereading it to really study that shieeet. My last book was an art book about figure drawing.

I'm reading Angel Stations by Gary Gibson. If one could not guess already it a science fiction book or as one of the quotes ends up calling it a 'space opera'. It seems to switch through character perspectives quite a lot so far, I'm about halfway through the book and about five people's perspectives and a side character that popped up. In all honesty it made things rather confusing at first but now some of the characters are starting to slowly come together or are heading toward specific directions that could connect them, so I'm hoping it wraps up rather neatly and quickly! Otherwise using the multiple character perspectives would seem, a bit unnecessary in place of introducing a character and explaining things about them along the way like..most books.

Today I hope to pick up a motivational book. Called the Motivation Manifesto from the library. I also hope to look through a couple drawing books over the coming season, and a bit of rpg books Werewolf Apocalypse specifically. Although I really aught to focus on Sci-fi since I rarely invest or read that genre really over fantasy.

Last edited by a moderator:
 Finished the Harry Potter series a while ago for the first time, and I loved it. Right now I'm re-reading the Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Really emotional book, really immerses you into Nazi Germany.  

Currently I am reading After You by Jojo Moyes, the sequel to Me Before You.

There is a movie adaptation for Me Before You, but I have yet to watch it. This novel is a romance novel but it takes on a different perspective on the sacrifice for love and well I nearly cried in the end.

The Bird and the Sword - Amy Harmon

How is that book? As in what do you like about it and what do you think about it?

I ended up reading the Motivation Manifesto book; 9 Declarations Your Personal Power. I wanted it to help be inspired to do more in everyday life and be more productive in getting things done here and there. It does have some helpful advice and some basic tips like just throwing yourself into doing the work to build up motivation and habit through effort.

How is that book? As in what do you like about it and what do you think about it?

I like it. In fact, it was hard for me to put down. The pacing of the story is great and the author writes beautifully. I like the lore and magic. There is also a nice plot twist at the end. I have to say though, after finishing it, I realized it wasn't very impressionable. Nothing really new, or refreshing, but it stuck well in the traditions of a romance novel. 

Some people dislike it because there is some sexism, but that's natural since it's set in a time when kings ruled. Anyways, I do recommend it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back