• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Well of Wishes | Main IC | [Closed]

Characters
Here
Other
Here

• 337d1ade0c87309357ca6c17a9e4172a.jpg

Tags:
    Kuma "Korina" ( Lost Echo Lost Echo ) The Nurse ( Taigakitt Taigakitt )
    Mentions:
    Kiel "Nielos" ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean )
    ~ Hospital ~
    Love Doesn't Grow in Massachusetts || Helena's CS File

Kuma shifted her body again, adding muscles where smooth skin once was. She was undoubtedly impressed but did the very best to keep that off of her expression. The eavesdropping she did held little use as the place was too noisy for her. What little she heard spoken was unintelligible. She felt Roland come and cling to her but she could barely contain the anger in her bones. Luckily her boy was smart and knew better than to ask in mixed company.

She let out a small breath as she tried to meditate it away. Hospitals always pissed her off, she was more used to seeing clerics running to aid the wounded. Seeing them sitting waiting to be noticed… well she would never make it in such an environment. She took her hand and reached up to run it above Roland’s cloaked head. Comfort but also a little reminder to be strong and confident.

The blonde nurse came bounding up to them. She looked around briefly wondering how many were on staff. Curious. She felt Roland let go and saw him straighten out his spine standing at full height when the woman approached. Good that’s what she liked to see.

“Thank you, actually the three of us are uninjuried. Or at the very least nothing that myself and my peer couldn’t handle. But you see one of our court lads injured himself quite greatly. While our resident physician has worked tirelessly to save the lad well he will need a more experienced doctor.”

She glanced at Roland and Kuma from the side of her eyes well it seemed she should be doing most of the talking. Still she only assisted Pozou with Kiel as the boy had mostly been stable by the time she’d been in the shape to be doing anything. Kuma would undoubtedly have more information than she would.

“Oh my how rude of me. I should introduce myself now shouldn’t I? I am Sybilla Angelos, this is my daughter Dorothea Angelos, though we call her Ro. This woman beside me is one of our guards, she’s from the west, her name is Korina. While she may be our guard she’s got far more on the situation with poor Nielos.”

She was playing the long game hard. While it’d be much safer to play that they were part of a trope or such acts it wouldn’t bring them the needed care. The Angelos name, while not that well known, was known enough. Faking that Kuma was a part of it would be impossible. It wouldn’t last long from Kiel either with his clearly Almasian features but getting them to him was the goal.

It was fortunate that she looked more like a centosian born woman than an almasian one. She may have been a daughter of a bastard but at least she had ambiguity going for her. She heard Roland’s voice chime in at the end of her words.

“Apologies ma’am. You see my mother and I are simply tense after such an attack, while I may carry this trident it's more ceremonial than useful for defense. Still we can pay plenty for help for my dear cousin.”

She held together her neutral expression as she felt the ghost of a smile hit her lips for a moment. With her hands held politely in front of her she glanced at the nurse and allowed the politely fake smile to grace her lips.

Amalgahsett
Interactions: Doctor Cash Taigakitt Taigakitt

“I honestly don’t have any work right now, I only recently arrived in the city and while I am not lacking in money I tend to wander and get into trouble if I dont have something on my mind or something to keep myself busy. Its honestly a really bad trait but I always find myself so full of energy that I-” Amal cut herself off as the doctor began to speak again. “Oh… well I appreciate you thinking that I will do well, I could always…. uhmmm…” The quetzola trailed off as she felt herself being tugged suddenly.

Eyes going wide her wings fluttered, small bits of feathers bursting in a minimal display of self defence as she instinctively tried to make herself look bigger than she actually was, which considering her relatively small frame didn’t do much at all. “I…. I…” she continued on trying to talk as her breath hit Doctor Cash, the distance between the two pretty much nonexistent. “C-Care…. oh…” She let out a small gasp as the warm sensation began to dance across her skin.

Squeezing her eyes closed, Amal felt her anxiety begin to build, her own magic flaring in response as a musical tone could be heard building around Amal, almost like a bird song but just on the fringe of what the doctor would be able to hear. The harmony caused the air to pulse before the sensation emanating from the doctor broke down the quetzola’s barriers and she pretty much melted into the doctor’s arms. “Mmmhm… but what are you going to do?” Amal mumbled, her wings slumping down from their rigid position. Whatever Cash was going to do, the once struggling Quetzola seemed to relax significantly.​

Kuma
View attachment 799130
Hospital Waiting Room
April 20th, afternoon
BriiAngelic BriiAngelic (Helena and Ro) Taigakitt Taigakitt (Nurse)
Currently imitating Vanessa Wagner's face without hair; the likeness is difficult to tell

Carefully, Kuma surveilled the room. There was a woman, evidently the doctor, one of her eyes replaced by a glass panel. She carried a strange leather mask, its beak grotesquely long. Whatever it was, perhaps it was best she was busy with that highly adorned Quetzola. The assistant who greeted them was an easily forgotten face (especially as all Centosians looked the same.) Those who waited were calm, unlikely to be threats. Kuma preferred class divides. It reminded her of home. When everyone knew their place, followed the unspoken rules, there was order. As much as she was a Sakra of Kul, she also knew the value of order. Often she found herself outside of the hierarchy here in these strange lands. It was like watching home, unable to be there, or even touch it.

But at the moment, she had her place. She was Korina, guard of Sybilla and Dorothea Angelos. She could question why Helena did not trust this place later. At her introduction, Korina bowed gracefully, her stance relaxing into one of preparedness, instead of aggression.

When Lady Dorothea spoke up, she allowed a tinge of an expression to cross her face. Regret? Failure? Defensiveness? Though not clear, it was evident the guard rued allowing one of the court to be injured. She returned to a neutral expression, though determination shone through.

278864fbe1b3b46c0c588baa9d91be0a.jpg

Tammon groaned. His cellmates were naive people who asked questions — not the best company before executioners came. But here they were anyway. Three mismatched prisoners, passing time until what? Death? Slavery? Experimentation? He was prepared for each one... spending weeks alone made bad outcomes sound reasonable. And time alone corroded his charisma too, making questions hard to answer. He needed a moment to carefully place each word before finally speaking.

"Not my first time in a cell, but getting kidnapped by prostitutes? That's a new one... I got drugged and taken down here in my sleep. No chance the church would pull something like that, cause zealots have the balls to stab you in the front." His tone sent unfocused anger at everything, even the reasonable questions. Then he sighed, crossed arms and leaned back against the wall, shaking his head. "It doesn't make sense for slavers to be behind this shit, especially with the weak prisoners that were here before me. But I don't know what else this could be."

Tammond paused a moment, swallowed nervously and clenched his hands. Then he added "You know there were nine others when I was brought here. One by one they were taken away." He suddenly sounded depressed and scared, imagining where prisoners were brought — picturing torture chambers, branding irons and sadistic slavers. He wanted to believe in something better of course, but what else made sense?

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Fred Colon Fred Colon

Last edited:

The woman standing before Helena, Roland, and Kuma… sorry… Sybilla, Dorothea, and Korina, was definitely on the short side compared to them. Dorothea was an easier 5 inches taller! Despite her short stature, she was always bubbly and didn’t seem to be easily threatened.

If you need an experienced doctor, Doctor Cash is just about finished with her current patient! She’s absolutely amazing, and I’m sure she’d be the best one suited for the job! Please, take a seat anywhere you’d like or stand. She shouldn’t be long!” The name seemed to flash recognition across the nurse’s face. A few patients in the lobby started excitedly whispering amongst themselves, as if a celebrity was amongst them.

With that, she turned on her heel to go let other staff know.

~*~​

Doctor.jpgDoctor Cash could feel the Quetzola slump into her arms as her magic worked it’s warmth across flesh and nerves. Her sweet smile never faded, though it did widen as she was questioned what she was going to do.

Sleep now, Dear. Just… sleep.

The magic that took hold of Amalgahsett took root, no longer capable of being expelled. Eyes would become droopy and muscles no longer capable of moving. She would fall into a deep sleep in-

3…

2…

1…

Once the woman was passed out, a giggle was suppressed in the Doctor’s throat as she caressed the Quetzola’s cheek. “Oh, gorgeous beauty. Yes, you’ll get the best care~

Doctor Cash carefully scooped Amalgahsett up and placed her onto the table just as a soft knock was heard on the door. Giving her a look over, she nodded and moved to the door, opening it up.

The guy from earlier singing his praises was smiling happily at the door, expectantly, “Ready?

Doctor Cash patted the man on the head in response as she also picked up her mask. “Yes.

In the man came into the room, “Oh, Diane said you have another group outside~

With a nod, she left the room and walked down the hall and into the lobby.

Inside the room with Amalgahsett, the man scooped her unconscious body and walked out, heading towards the back of the hospital and out the back door.

~*~​

Doctor Cash approached the trio, mask in hand, that Diane filled her in on, “Hello. My name is Doctor Cash. I take it that I am needed to assist. I am available to leave the hospital if that is what you desire to take care of your injured? I take it that they couldn’t join you here because the risk of moving them is too great? You can fill me in on his situation as we make our way there.

Dude with Amalgahsett
Involved: Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Jet Jet Fred Colon Fred Colon

NurseDude.jpgDrip.

Dripdrip.

The air was cold, and felt wet. Footsteps could be heard down the stony tunnels. Those footsteps sounded like they walked over a puddle every other step. Water droplets and footsteps both echoed.

A feather fell to the ground. A gorgeous, reddish Quetzola feather, floated down into a sizable puddle and drifted away.

The man from the hospital was still smiling as he followed along, though now his legs, knees down, were wet. A woman was over his shoulder. That woman had feathered wings. She’s the Quetzola.

...ne by one they were taken away.” Kiel, Daisy, and Tammon may hear those footsteps approaching, though it wasn’t just one set anymore. There was a second pair, not too far behind from someone unknown.

Finally, within eye distance, the hospital man could be seen carrying Amalgahsett. There was a cell next to them that was opened up as she was set down carefully onto the ground, in a corner. He crouched beside her, giggling, “See? I told you! Doctor Cash is the best~

Pressing a kiss to his own hand and blowing it in the unconscious Amalgahsett’s direction, he stepped out and closed the door, locking it. Amalgahsett would wake pretty soon, “I do apologize for leaving you in your own cell, but you’ll have company. I must head back and keep up the good work. I’ll get a good reward for helping them with you.

Whether he was called out to or not, he’d start happily a-humming and walking away in the direction he came, passing by the other approaching footsteps.

Freya Hamrammr

Freya2.jpgAt Ayana’s request to visit her home, Freya nodded, delighted, “Of course! We’ll make sure you have all the layers necessary. Just don’t roll down a hill, lest you want to become a snowball.” Freya laughed prior to taking a bite of her treat.

As others introduced themselves to Celestine, Freya kept her expression neutral. There wasn’t anything for her to say on the matter and her stance would have been well known amongst the group by now.

When Ayana mentioned giants and pulled out a souvenir, Freya eyed it carefully. She heard a few things about Stone’s Throw when she was younger, but only in passing. “Well, maybe once the guide arrives, they can give more insight!

Just as she finished her Ice, she noticed a rather feeble looking man approaching. He had rhymes and she wondered if that was just part of the show, or if he was always like that even outside of his duty.

She nodded her head in his direction, “We are in your hands, sir.

Tavern
Involved: Jet Jet Sarahspn Sarahspn Arcanist Arcanist

Tavern.jpgThe server looked at Rose and Jane as the redheaded one held out coins. With a bright smile, she took the coins, “Yes! Of course! Right away for my precious patrons~” She winked at Rose. Her expression remained unchanged as Pozou exploded in expressions best described as enraged.

Soon…

Turning on her heel, she walked back to the bar to the beat of the band, humming to the tune. She let the person behind the bar know they required another drink.

Almost…

Once again turning on her heel, her dress fluttering around her, she held a new drink in her hand as she made her way back.

Time!

Those who had been drinking drinks from the lodge would start to feel sluggish, words to be slurred before finally slumping and collapsing to the ground. Some strong alcoholic drinks, huh!

Stone, Yo, and Church Dude

A faint shout that sounded like “Yama!” would be heard by Vaaltari as two heat signatures were walking towards the back of the church, passing by a signature that seemed to be sitting up against a cold wall. The two that were walking, a shorter figure seemed to be pulling a figure larger than themselves onwards.

“Finally… get out of… need air!” The tone of a voice was in and out, as it wasn’t like the figure was shouting at the top of their lungs or anything.

~*~​

GStone.jpgYo took a step back and cast a nervous glance in Leone’s direction. The sudden shift in his attitude threw her off. To her, the church man sounded distressed about the situation and needed help… Though, when she looked at Stone’s expression, it seemed even he had his doubts.

The church man sighed softly, “Yes, I’ve tried knocking. I got a shock to my being just for even touching the gate! If you can somehow help me out, I’ll see what I can do for you guys. I’ll definitely make it worth your while. I wouldn’t ask someone that didn’t look capable.

Stone, Yo and the Church Man watched as Leone worked the built-in lock of the gate. The redheaded man tilted his head curiously, his finger tapping his chin, surprised that Leone did not receive a shock like he had.

The redhead approached the gate after the lockpick turned to rust and flew away. At the touch of the imposing door, a zap could be clearly heard by those in the vicinity, causing stray hairs to poke up in places. Quickly tugging his hand back, he licked his fingers, tears in his eyes, “I don’t get it!

The Momerki looked up at the tall walls that surrounded the church, his ears flattening back as he sized the height. They looked to be much too tall to climb for the others of the group. He may have fared fine, but going alone in this moment may not bode well.
Mentions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Jet Jet

Last edited:
"I'm fine." Daisy assured Kiel, frowning. The man across the cell didn’t seem like he was going to be of much help escaping. She focused on what she could do. Prepare. Think. Adapt. Those were things Daisy could do. More, she could still use her earth sense. She closed her eyes and focused on the stone around her, the stone her body was constantly in tune with, constantly registering on an unconscious level. "No one is near except for us." Daisy said to the others. That was strange. But she couldn’t spend too much time wondering why. She had to do something.

The clothes in her cell were magic. Not the type that was readily available to her, but still, Magic, likely very difficult to break. She began knotting the clothes together into one long line,, as if she were going to use it to climb down a window. When that was finished, she looked down at the other bits of extraneous cloth.

She wanted to use her mask to create some sort of sling, but she didn’t quite know how to do that and so had to settled for ‘rock in a sock’. She pushed as many stones as she could manage into the center of the mask, and then wrapped the cloth around them, making sure enough cloth was left so that she could hold onto it and swing it.

She made a few practice swipes against the wall, testing to see how it worked. It wasn’t anything as good as Somber, her shovel, but it would do in a pinch, and it made a satisfying crunch-clatter sound against the wall.
Daisy turned to Kiel.
“I know you’re hurt, but a little extra muscle behind me would likely improve our chances. Can you make some sort of weapon? Or have any other ideas?” She looked to Tammond. “Same goes for you. It seems like you’ve given up, but perhaps I’m wrong.”
She took the undershirt of the coat and kept it close at hand. It was unbreakable magical cloth. If all else failed she could use it to garrote someone.
Suddenly she felt movement in the stones. A moment later, footsteps. She lifted up her shift, and shoved her makeshift flail into her heavy wool underwear. Not the most comfortable spot to hide it, but hopefully no one would poke around in there. The ‘rope’ she threw into the corner of the room and sat on to cover. She didn’t know what she was going to do with it yet, but having a rope was better than not having a rope.
Then she waited, letting her ruined lips twist into a scowl, as she watched the door.

Jet Jet Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

[Collab Post with Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum ]
< Also mentioned: Taigakitt Taigakitt Anne Boolean Anne Boolean >​

Jace had watched the play with a small smile, though his eyes watched every detail as he had become accustomed to doing in his line of work. He especially watched Aedzel when she went off with an actor, trying to make sure that he tried no funny business. For a moment he nearly panicked when the guard chase began, but forced himself to stay calm. It wouldn’t do to run off for no reason.

Once the play was over, Amelia asked if they were going to perform next. Jace hesitated for a moment as he wondered if he was good enough to follow up after that, but eventually nodded. Before he could say anything, though, a rather provocatively dressed man came up and gave each of them the once-over. Jace coughed and shook his head.

“N-No thank you, I’m married,” he said before glancing at the Quetzola. “Are you ready? I would like to sing…”

Aedzel snapped her head towards Jace, never expected that he was already married. Still, she didn't let it show on her face. "Perhaps some other time, sir. She said to the entertainer before turning her attention back to her male companion.

" Just do what you need to do and I'll back you up. I'm pretty good at improvisation."
Aedzel's eyes twinkled as her lips formed a smile as she walked towards the stage, the mandolin in her hands. Her left fingers held the neck of her instruments while the other lay by the strings waiting for Jace's signal. "Whenever you are."

Jace hesitated for a moment as Aedzel moved on stage, but followed soon enough and stood beside her while looking out upon the crowd. It was a larger audience than he’d ever sung for before, but after a moment of centering himself with closed eyes he smiled. He cleared his throat to garner attention, and then began.

The song he offered was a slower song than that of the earlier artists, but the words carried a message of love that would be unmistakable. He let himself go, a small breeze blowing through the audience as he sang a favorite ballad of his wife’s, one he serenaded her with many times before. His emotions poured out, the sadness of being away from her mixed with the adoration and absolute love he felt for her.

Aedzel smiled as she plucked at the strings of her mandolin to create a fitting tune. She loved ballads the most and she was nothing but eager to help Jace perform this song. As he sang, she accompanied his voice with a hum from hers and blending their voices to form a harmony gave his poem more meaning.

Once he finished he paused for a moment and let the wind settle. Once any applause had passed he would start clapping himself, a fast and happy beat. The next song he sang was a fun, bopping tune that the children often asked for. It didn’t have any deeper meaning than a song about a guy and his adventures, but the way that he carried it was filled with energy. Many times at the orphanage it would have the children dancing and forgetting their worries, having fun and loving life. And Jace hoped maybe he still had the touch.

The moment that Jace had started clapping, it was easy to figure out what was next. "Hey!" Aedzel called to the crowd to liven up the crowd, strumming to create a fast-paced melody that would keep anyone's blood pumping. Aedzel had started hopping on the stage, creating small dances and spins as she played her stringed instruments. A wide grin was plastered on her face that she showed towards the audience, as they in turn smiled at each other and started to sway to the rhythm.

Jace as well had lost himself to the beat, tapping his foot and while he didn’t get as expressive as Aedzel it was clear that he was enjoying it. The song finished with Jace opening it up for a solo from his companion, keeping the beat going until she was finished. He felt better than he had in months after he finished. He bowed to the applause and smiled to Aedzel as they left the stage.

“Thank you,”
he said quietly to her. “That meant a lot.”

"Well, this is my job you know." Aedzel replied jokingly even if it was the truth. It was what gave her life meaning when she was at her darkest time. "I'm glad tho, and people loved it!" She pointed over to the smiling faces in front of them, the Quetzola didn't usually act this way but it has been a while since she played and she had an act to keep up with the group. "Now come on, let's get back to Amalia."

sayid-1.jpg

Kadar respectfully nodded, cheered and drank his strong amber shot, shrugging when Rose disrespected him. Her insults were great, but the main entertainment was young Pozou who went next. He made the scene when shouting smarmy nonsense, becoming so enraged that squawks erupted during his rant.

Kadar was astonished, processing the show with growing glee, before exploding into obnoxious laughter. He was louder than crowds at a comedy club, drawing attention from every corner of the room. For twenty seconds he continued the annoying noises — more than enough to bother anyone nearby.

Then he went cold, suddenly stood and stepped forward, stopping inches from Pozou. He was so close he could feel warm breath brush his deadpanned face. Bystanders would see a brewing battle between them, and Kadar menacingly stared down the doctor, but no punches were thrown. Instead he broke the tense standoff with a cheery nod and asked "Better? Feels good to let loose for once eh? I respect Quetzols so I won't stab you for the outburst! Even though you're wrong of course."

He clapped Pozou's shoulder with a smile, then turned serious and continued "There are three types. The predators, the prey and the ones nobody fucks with. It's best to be the first, but at least you can be the last eh...? How about another round, for being such a good sport?"

Kadar flagged down the server and demanded "Another round!" But something changed when he turned to the sailors again. His words were slurred and mumbled instead of confident and collected, making them impossible to understand. "Itsh happy hour shomewhere no? Youshould drinmore yoush... you... I donknow... don't know whatsh..." He went as vision blurred and warm numbness spread through his body. Thoughts dimmed and slowed too, not to mention severe chest tightness that made him wheeze.

Kadar understood what was happening and immediately angered, venomously coughing out "Poi... poison!" before stumbling sideways and slamming the table, sending empty glasses to the ground. Then he clattered from the wooden surface and faceplanted the floorboards, splitting skin on his forehead. He was still breathing but was unconscious for now, previewing what would happen to anyone else who drank here.

Sarahspn Sarahspn Arcanist Arcanist Taigakitt Taigakitt

Last edited:
kiel2.png

Kiel Shan

While he was brooding over the betrayal from the shopkeeper, it seemed as if Kiel too had given up. He didn't react to the silence from Tammond after his questions, not concerned about whether they would be answered. When the man did speak up though, he turned to face him.

"I see... you were seeking companionship when it happened to you... that must have really hurt." Kiel was just interacting with someone in order to procure some wares. He couldn't imagine how betrayed Tammond must have felt when the person he was expecting sympathy and care from turned out to be a traitor. "We were simply purchasing clothing... we weren't drugged, but rather the clothes were enchanted and rendered us heavy and immobile. We were hooded and dropped into some sort of lake before being pulled out and carted here."

He supposed the likelihood of the Inquisition being behind this being low was some sort of silver lining. The thought of the organization brought back the woman who injured him, and the memories of the fight caused a mix of anger and fear to bubble up in him. Part of him was even disappointed that this wasn't the work of the Inquisition. It meant less of an opportunity to run into that woman again. The scenario brought up a sense of terror, but there was also a small sliver of hope that Kiel would be able to best her in combat, and take away her life like she had taken away his.

"The shopkeeper who ensnared us told us we would now 'be safe,'" he added after Tammond had finished speaking. Maybe at the beginning of this journey he would have truly believed the man had good intentions, but now it just seemed unlikely to him. "I don't suppose there's some superstition in this town about something that attacks people who aren't jailed?"

His light blue eyes turned to Daisy as he heard a commotion coming from her direction. Although he hadn't paid much mind to her words earlier about them being alone, he now saw that she was doing everything she could with this opportunity. He watched as she knotted together the new clothes they had just bought. Normally, he would chastise her for mistreating them, but based on the state they were in, nice clothes wouldn't exactly be a high-priority problem. He continued to watch as she made some sort of make-shift flail with the left over clothes after the rope was finished.

"I had a sword but the shopkeeper took it from me earlier..." Kiel responded. "And he took my staff as well." Looking beyond the staff as simply a weapon, the light blue haired man now realized walking would be a challenge. "Perhaps I can make something like that," he commented, motioning to the "rock in a sock". He tried to see if there was any extra clothing of Daisy's which he could use, but would resort to removing and tearing his own clothes if needed. He tried his best to find any stones that were laying around nearby, although did move with some pain if necessary in order to pick one up that was farther away. Upon seeing Daisy quickly hide her new creations and eyeing the door, he too did his best to hide the weapon he was working on by stuffing it in some of the clothing he did still have one.

He heard someone come in and watched as the man passed by their cell, holding what looked to be a Quetzola. There was an opening of a cell door that sounded very close by before the man's voice was once again audible. He told someone, presumably the Quetzola he was imprisoning, something about a doctor, as well as apologized for giving them their own cell. There was no response though, which coupled with her being carried, led Kiel to assume she was unconscious. The same man then walked past the bars which held the three, humming a happy tune and generally having an air which seemed to cheerful for someone imprisoning another in a dungeon. There weren't left to their own devices yet either, as another set of footsteps could be heard, slightly out of sync with the cheerful man's.

Jet Jet Fred Colon Fred Colon Taigakitt Taigakitt Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

Last edited:
278864fbe1b3b46c0c588baa9d91be0a.jpg

Tammond leaned back, watching his cellmates make weapons and prepare for escape. He respected their passion but expected nothing. They could bash steel doors and stone walls for twenty years without making progress. But seeing attempted breakouts shaved no skin from his nose, and watching them was better than watching roots grow from a wall. He only took issue with one thing — when the woman mentioned his willpower. Her comment soured his emotionless look, damaging his downtrodden confidence even more.

"Look... there were nine of us last week, we tried everything you can think of. Come up with something we didn't... then maybe I'll care" He sounded cynical and weakly shrugged, disregarding escape as an option. Then he noted what the young man said about capture and companionship, how could someone be so naive? Tammond would've laughed under normal circumstances, managing only a meager smile before answering his cellmate. "Ever hear the saying about paying them to leave? I don't care about companionship kid, my ex took everything, even the fucking horse. The one who drugged me was just a working lass at the tavern... And more importantly, you were kidnapped by a merchant? That means this is bigger than I thought, maybe the locals are involved with the slave trade? They could be capturing people, bringing them to the docks and loading them on southbound ships."

He paced when considering possibilities, stopping when new footsteps echoed down the hallway. Whoever made them eventually opened the neighboring cell and dropped someone there, complimenting a local doctor before heading away. Tammond was surprised hearing a guard speak, they were always stone-cold and strangely sternfaced. But this one sounded normal and mentioned a reward for "helping them" making him an obvious outsider — maybe even a mercenary or contractor? Tammond wanted answers and dashed to the barred door, shouting "HEY COME BACK! WE HAVE A SICK PERSON HERE! HE'S DYING!"

He sounded desperate and shook steel bars for good measure, hoping the charismatic guard would return. Assuming he came back, Tammond would promise mountains of money for assistance breaking out. Then he could escape and never return to the damnable town of bloody kidnappers.

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean
Taigakitt Taigakitt
Fred Colon Fred Colon

Last edited:
Nezumi, Bonded Rat
Inquisition Church's front gate
April 20th, afternoon
Jet Jet (Leone) The Regal Rper The Regal Rper (Vaaltari) Taigakitt Taigakitt (Yo, Stone and the Church Man)
Nezumi rode silently on Leone’s shoulder, creating her own map of the town. Her vision was poor: there was nothing for her whiskers to reach, to enhance it. But she knew the smells of a town and could tell the turns the group took. It was an incomplete map; so incomplete. It lacked the tiny holes that bridged houses together. The layout of the sewers to quickly get from one place to another. Even Kuma couldn’t get a complete map herself.

Upon reaching the church, a massive looming structure of darkness to her, they walked right in? Even excusing the fact that they were excommunicated a little over a week ago, what was this? The rat’s nose sniffed harder, finding the building covered in magic. Was the church relying merely on magic? Was it drawing power from one of those orbs? Could it truly make up for the lack of guards?

They were instead greeted by a man, claiming to be an acolyte who could not enter the domain. Had he offended his gods? Nezumi was unclear how one went about that, but presumed they, like the Matu and humans, were much more easily offended than rats.

The two blooder left. His ruse was polite, but seen through, though wherever he was going to investigate was still unknown. And how could it? He had left no bonded to communicate through. Was this to be two investigations hoping to not stumble upon the other? This was why Nezumi preferred working alone or with other bondeds. They could be trusted to be sensible. Instead, she was with these three strangers, two of which would likely enjoy eating her.

Her ride dropped their innocent tourist ruse all the way to blatant thief. He brought them close to the doors, sending a burst of magic, making her nose itch. Then, after he literally pulled out lockpicks (his skillset was broadening into helpful terrority) in broad daylight and attempted to break in. The supposed acolyte most definitely did not care. Though he did not claim his goal as robbery, Nezumi did agree with Leone that it wasn’t simply a prayer meeting.

Nezumi flinched badly at the zap, remembering how close the Electric Beast was to killing them. ~See, this is why we are careful before we touch shit!~ She chittered into her ride’s ear, trying to get her fur to lay flat again. Looking back at the massive building Nezumi thought. She could likely find a way into the building. Many places warded against intrusion ignored animals; she would have to check with the locals. Even Kuma could likely enter through the same holes the rat used. But these large solid beings…And she was faced with the same problem as the two blooder. Even if she left, she would not be able to communicate.

Her attention went back to the zapped man. What about him differed? Was it intent? Secrets were a different spoil than treasure, but both could be stolen. Did he plan to kill someone inside? Why inside? It would be much easier away from their sanctum. Nezumi sniffed hard, trying to parse out the different smells beyond the lightly burnt one.

Obsidian
At the Stone
April 20th, afternoon
Spoke with: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Celestine) Jet Jet (Calicus)
Mentions: Jet Jet (Ayana)
Near: Taigakitt Taigakitt (Freya) Sarahspn Sarahspn (Gwen) Pik Pik (Lorrin)

Don't you and it share the same origin? Isn't it somewhat like an ancestor to you?"

Was it? Obsidian looked up at the large stone before them. “While we are both Igneous rocks, formed as molten lava cooled, I was formed on the surface and cooled quickly. This dolerite was formed within the crust.” She turned to look back at the syphid, “But my creators did not include any information on my ancestors, and I have not been to this town before, so I do not know. Would you know the history of any distant cousin of yours?”

The excitable elf also yearned for a guide, though she’d picked up a souvenir of a giant figure carrying the boulder. Giants? Obsidian remembered Bjorn speaking of giant golems that fought in the north. Which his ancestors would use to cleave through armies. Perhaps, as she hoped, there were other uses for giants and golems.

Their guide arrived soon after. He must be very wise to have lived as long as he appeared. She felt it was sensible to pay the man for his aid, though truth be told, Obsidian would have paid him if he begged for the money as well. He almost immediately spoke of giants too, lending aid to Ayana’s guess. “Do you mean giant’s bones or bones that are excessively large?” Obsidian took her question as mere inquiry, not pedantic or mocking.

pirate?.pngpirate.jpg

Jane watched as Pozou stood up and her face went pale. Oh no.Uh... Pozou.” She squeaked, trying not to be too loud. The last thing she wanted was the smuggler's attention. To no avail, Pozou continued squawking, literally. The whole tavern began to stare and she covered her face with her hair. Leaning back in her chair and looked at Rose, grimacing. Rose met Jane’s eyes and sighed. She didn’t want to take control of the situation but it seems like the doctor had lost his cool and Rose stood up. She went to say something but Kadar’s long and obnoxious laughed stopped her. She winced at the volume of his boisterous laughter and let out a small groan.

Ugh, men.” She said under her breath with an eye roll to accompany it. Watching as Kadar stepped closer to Pozou, Rose grabbed her knife. Taking it out of its sheath, she gripped it. She knew the rules of the lodge but was willing to turn in early for the night if it meant saving her companion from a crazy air-head. Kadar had turned towards her and she faulted for a moment. His entire demeanor changed and almost seemed like all the liquor was hitting him at once. “Seems like someone can’t handle a drink or two.” She said, laughing a little. Rose had spoken too soon. Her smile faded and she lost her balance, falling back into her chair. Her knife fell out of her hand, falling onto the floor with a loud clang.

Rose? What’s wrong?” Jane asked, grabbing her sister’s arm. “Poison?” She whispered in unison with the smuggler. “..No.. we got… drugged.” Rose fought to keep her eyes open, gripping the edge of the table. As hard as she tried to stay awake, the pirate eventually collapsed against the table. In shock, Jane looked around the tavern. Patrons were beginning to drop like flies. Some on the floor like Kadar, others like Rose. Looking at her drink, Jane let out a sigh of relief when she saw she hadn’t drunk even half of her cup.

Standing up, her vision became clouded. She fought off what little drug was in her system and took a deep breath. She scanned the room to see who was still awake and spotted the server facing their table, Rose’s drink in her hand. “You! What did you do?” She yelled her face twisting into anger.

Jet Jet Arcanist Arcanist Taigakitt Taigakitt

eedf7b184e2a1174143d08fb9b2c8aa2.jpg

Calicus beckoned everyone to come along, then shambled towards the stone and poetically answered Obsidian. "Bones from giants rest deep underground, under the rocks old Calicus found!"

By deep he meant twenty feet below ground, where caves sprawled under sewer systems. He would guide people there once another stop was visited, and then the stone would complete the tour. He explained as much when rhyming again, continuing his practiced performance. "The Stone's our last stop because first you must know, the legends and stories of ancient Stone's Throw! For now we'll leave this place and return when you know the whole story."

So he passed the boulder without narration, heading down a wide street connected to the square. Then he guided the group through town, stopping when a huge clearing presented itself. The area had no houses or businesses, only lush grass, blooming flowers, random rocks and small trees. There was only one man-made item, a large wooden sign held between steel posts, standing center field.

"Careful for Rope Snakes, we've been getting them recently!" Calicus suddenly warned, abandoning theatrics when approaching dense grass. But he soon returned to character, wondrously narrating again "Twenty thousand years ago, on this mundane field the giant Thuum dueled his twin brother Rashem. They battled for the heart of mother earth, who couldn't choose between them... so strong was her love for both day and night." He talked and walked through the clearing, stopping beside the wooden sign. Its engravement read,

Eons ago there were two giants named Thuum and Rashem, champions of sun and moon respectively. Both were obsessed with Gaia and begged her to choose between them, proposing marriage and eternal service.

Gaia spent a century wondering who to marry, but when she approached a decision, seasons passed and her desires changed. Thuum and Rashem grew frustrated and impatient over many years, and eventually came to a drastic agreement. They would duel, and the winner would be the only choice remaining.

For three months they clashed, stopping when Thuum hurled the famous stone and slayed Rashem. The victorious champion expected marriage but was banished instead, because Gaia loved both men and now one was dead, murdered by the winner. But to honor the grand victory, lower gods spread sunlight through the night sky, giving birth to the stars.

Calicus gave everyone time to read, then pointed to a huge depression on the ground where "The Stone used to be" He also mentioned how Thuum abandoned civilization when Gaia abandoned him, and recounted how competitive both giants were. Apparently they fought for attention through sports competitions, impossible puzzles, and dangerous missions!

He eventually stopped rambling with a deep breath, then suddenly quipped, "A moment I'll be so stay here a second, the bones are next you'll be seeing a legend!" He sounded electric and bounded away, kneeling below a maple tree. From there he brushed soil from a wooden hatch, and searched his cluttered clothing for keys.

Lost Echo Lost Echo Sarahspn Sarahspn Taigakitt Taigakitt Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Pik Pik

Last edited:
knight1.jpgknight2.jpg

Amalia Winters

It seemed the performers weren't the only ones making the most of the good mood the audience was in. From behind her visor, Amalia noticed a man with a purple complexion going through the aisles and propositioning some of the people in attendance. Their eyes were coy and their expression was flirty. Those, along with the provocative attire they wore, made it obvious to Amalia what line of work they were in. The knight had no issues with how people made their livings, as long as they weren't hurting innocent people. Even then, she and some of her colleagues in the military may have broken that rule themselves due to orders passed down from their superiors, so she really couldn't judge. Despite that, when the man approached and propositioned her, she joined the others who shook their heads no.

"Thank you, sir," she responded, "but I have to decline." Not only was she not a person who could jump in bed with someone she had just met, but on top of that, her insecurities about her own appearance and body would keep her from doing so with someone she trusted, and probably even someone she was in love with.

With that, she turned her attention to the stage, which now had her two companions standing upon it. While the human man sang, the Quetzola was able to improvise a tune to go along with his voice. Such a feat was unimaginable to Amalia, unless they had some form of telepathy. Even then, if she was in one of their shoes, her lack of even basic musical talent would still make putting on such a performance impossible. When they were finished, she once again stood up and applauded, similar to the standing ovation she gave the troupe before them. The only different was her applause was louder for the two companions she was more familiar with.

"That was amazing," she complimented when the two returned. "I can't even begin to imagine doing something like that. You two are extremely talented."

Taigakitt Taigakitt MythyDW MythyDW Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Hubyr, Sigurd, Luna
Collab with: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Sarahspn Sarahspn

Hubyr.jpgWhat a downright beautiful situation,” came a gruff voice from a shirtless elf. Hubyr had been travelling for almost two and a half months now and had met up with a sexy wall of a companion, seeing as they had similar goals of finding someone.

Thus, they found themselves in Stone’s Throw after some inquiries. Most of the humans were nice here. They didn’t call him terrible names or say terrible things like the last place. Things like, “Put on a shirt!” or “I didn’t know muscles came in short statures!” The short comments always ticked the elf off. He was quite tall, thankyouverymuch!

Having heard how helpful churches could be for the human populace, Hubyr had made it a point to stop at the church in town, though they had to find their own way. That was one thing that the humans in this town were not showing people to.

Now they were stuck in the very church they had come to seek the help of, unable to leave. Trapped. For a couple weeks now. This was no way to find the gurgof (traitor), nor the people Sigurd was searching for.

Hubyr was sitting in a pew. Well, more like laying. One leg draped over the edge of the seat as the other was propped up against the back. His elbows kept him in a more sitting position as he leaned his head back, looking at the world upside-down. The building was making him feel cramped. He wanted to be outside where the trees were. Not in some stone building with walls.

Of course, the situation was anything but melancholy. There was a pensive tension hanging in the air. An empath’s hair would probably rise if they entered and were smashed with the wave. He didn’t see why he couldn’t just go out and smash through everything, but the mages were speaking against it. Thus, Hubyr’s boredom.

Right now, at the entrance door, someone was standing guard, keeping an eye on the massive wooden plank stuck across the double doors, a measure to keep unwanted people out.

We aren’t going to get anywhere just sitting here and waiting to be rescued. We must be our own heroes if we want to survive.” With a grunt, Hubyr swung his legs over the edge and stood up. Not for the first time, he went to walk around to find any entrances or exits he could find or muscle his way out of, if no one tried to stop him.

~*~​

Luna.jpgLuna tossed and turned in her bed, attempting to fall asleep for her midday nap. She groaned when she couldn’t find a comfortable position. Opening her eyes, she was met with the familiar sight of... nothing. The mage has been blind for most of her life and no spell, potion, or token could reverse it. She felt the warmth of the sun coming through her window on her skin and she sighed. Sitting up, she grabbed the black piece of cloth that rested on her bedside table. She tied the wrap tightly around her eyes and threw the covers off of her. She didn’t need to cover her eyes but she hated when people stared at her white iresis. She could feel their pitiful stares that made her jaw clench.

Standing up, she grabbed her bag and walked out of her room. Feeling her way downstairs she entered the nave of the church and heard Hubyr talking. Sounds like he was attempting to escape again. She huffed and sat in a nearby pew, facing the chancel. Thinking back as to why they arrived at this godforsaken church, Luna frowned. She had only tagged along as a final attempt to see if the priests and master mages could heal her eyesight but they had walked into a trap.

They couldn't leave no matter how hard everyone tried, especially Hubyr. Even Luna had attempted to escape a few times but her lack of eyesight failed her every time.

~*~​

He stared into the colorful glass of the back wall. Such beauty from the lighting hitting it just in such a way. He was sure every moment they spent stuck in this wonder was another moment of docked pay for Henrietta. His mission was to do the task and return with his group, not get separated and fail his job as the bodyguard. This church fell under the general religion of Greater Centos, which meant as pleasant of a place as it was it wasn’t his to enjoy. He could feel as welcome as he wanted for now but should they be let on that he was an active practitioner of Drauttir he doubted they would allow him in so easily.He rose his hand above his face from his spot sitting down at the pews. His twin rose from her spot across from him. Skadi paced the floor in front of him seeming agitated. The air shuttered around her form as he was the only one graced with her presence. She could not speak, would not until he was more devout. Sitting in a Church of the Sanovulni was probably just as infuriating to her. She gestured to the windows with the motion of nocking an arrow. He started to speak to her.

Sigurd.jpg“Skadi, Please. I …. tried that. They stopped me once… The glass is pretty.”

Luckily for his wayward twin his current companion seemed to agree. As Hubyr rose Skadi’s arms rose in a pleased manner similar to a cheer. He rose to his own feet to meet the man halfway. He didn’t mind sitting around but they were both right he’d been sworn to his contract. With the sound of the metal clinking from the small amounts of armor the man carried he gathered his weapons, ones he’d left carelessly leaning in the pews near Hubyr. His weapons were more for intimidation than practical use as he tended to favor the magic gifted to the Drautim.

Skadi motioned for him to follow her movements as she waved her arm side to side. He mimicked the motion as the two practiced shifting the earth below them. A technique used before grand earth magic in their kind. He could feel where the earth was and its resistance to the mixing below the church. Yet the ground was like soup to him, at least while he didn’t expend too much of the favor placed upon him.

“The earth fights Hubyr. It wishes to be left in peace for it works tirelessly to hold this structure to the heavens. It will yield but it will do so angrily.”

Being crushed under a building is not how I envision my death, so it would probably be best left alone, Sigurd.” While Hubyr appreciated the attempt. Rounding a corner, he saw stairs that lead to the depths of the building. The person that typically stopped Hubyr from going any further was sitting with his back up against a wall, muttering to himself, rocking back and forth with his arms wrapped around his knees.

With a tilt of his head, Hubyr approached, “Go take a break. Sigurd and I can take over for you.

The man looked up, and upon doing so, seeing his eyes and cheeks sunken in was a sign that he wasn’t doing too hot. Whether it was starvation or exhaustion, Hubyr wasn’t sure. Regardless, it meant he couldn’t be wrestled away this time. There wasn’t much fight in his voice as he answered, “You’ll just end up where no one is allowed right now.

Hubyr flexed his chest and nodded, “That is correct.

The man sighed, his shoulders drooping, “Not like I can stop you right now anyway. Just… don’t leave anything open.

Expression brightening up, Hubyr shouted, “YAMA!” (Note: Yama is an elven shout similar to “Hurrah!”) Grabbing Sigurd’s wrist, he pulled him forward, “Finally, we can get moving and get out of this cramped building. I need air!

He dropped his concentration on the earth below as Hubyr pulled him. Despite being far taller than Hubyr the man had significant strength. He’d never been a weakling himself but he was a schoolmaster primarily. He let the smaller man guide him down the staircase as he watched Skadi flitter around stopping only to wave to the man that once guarded the steps.

“Do you know where we’re going Hubyr? Or are we simply descending into the ‘combs?”

Bah! I just figured if this village was at all similar to other human settlements, their church connects to a catacomb, and maybe even a way out. Or a back door. Somewhere that is easier to get out of than the front, since Masters are watching it. Not like they were giving us information about what is going on outside.

Once at the bottom of the stairs, a massive light-wooden door stood in their way to possible freedom. Hubyr released Sigurd and put a palm flat out, fingers spread onto the oak door etched with metal design. The design resembled something that represented how Centosians respected the dead. A gorgeous handle was set into the door as well.

The door wasn’t the only thing here. There were quite a bit of objects in front of it, including a few planks nailed to keep the door from opening inwards. This would take a moment to clear out, and even then, they would have to hope magic wasn’t going to be involved.

Hubyr’s hand dropped to the edge of a wooden plank and tugged, “Wanna help me get this stuff out of the way?

Last edited:

Gambler.JPGThe unknown footsteps passed by the humming nurse man, no words exchanged. In fact, the nurse man completely ignored the words of the imprisoned.

At first, they weren’t visible until they emerged as if out of shadows. Their clothing was all black, their skin even darker. The darkness was so deep in skin pigment that light was sucked within, and a nose was not visible. A smile was plastered to their face, revealing white behind their mouth, their teeth definitely discernible. A hat kept their eyes from view.

They tapped the wall outside of the cell in an off-rhythm as they spoke, their voice low and raspy, almost a hiss, “Now, you can try smacking that wall all you’d like-” their voice shifted to a higher-pitched, more gleeful tone, “-It amuses us!

Their face turned toward Tammond, “A sick person?! Whomst!? We must remedy this immediately! We can’t have someone dying of sickness.” Their gloved hands smacked the sides of their face, but the smile remained.

With a giggle, they pressed their cheek against the bars, the movement causing their hat to push up on their head, revealing bright white-lit eyes. No pupils. No iris. Nothing. Shadow didn’t touch their eyes. “Are you the sick person?” They seemed to be referring to Kiel. Their chest seemed to shake as a body would if someone giggled, though they didn’t make the sound.

Last edited:
Valentine
Mentions: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Amalia), MythyDW MythyDW (Jace), Taigakitt Taigakitt (Entertainer)| Interactions: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Aedzel)

Valentine.jpg

As soon as Valentine and their troupe had finished the play, taken their final bows, and got off-stage, Elbereth was the first to greet them, punching them playfully on the shoulder.

“Nice job, Peregrine! Even better than in rehearsals, but I suppose that’s no surprise.”
She grinned, folding her arms over her chest.

“Of course it isn’t,” Valentine responded with absolute confidence, and flashing a shining grin of his own. “Otherwise, I wouldn’t be in this troupe, would I?”

“Well, not onstage, maybe backstage. I couldn’t throw that adorable little face out onto the street,”
Elbereth pinched their cheeks, to which their child feigned embarrassment and tried to bat her away with their hand. They loved the attention, really.

“Oh, Valen, how wonderful you were!”
Another voice sounded, belonging to a woman much smaller than Elbereth, a little stouter, and a beautiful, melodious voice to match.

Valentine, shrugging with that same feigning they had been doing, replied, “Oh, but of course you would say that, Mama.”

“Please, Valentine’s head is practically swelling, Madeleine,” Elbereth jibed.

“Give credit where credit is due!” Her wife responded, turning back to Valentine with a wicked grin. “And I saw you picked quite the lovely woman to dance with you! I hope you managed to get her name.”

Valentine rolled their eyes. Always wanting to set them up with a nice woman...or man...or well...anything that moved, it seemed. “No, I didn’t. Really, I just picked her at random, it wasn’t calculated--”

“Oh, shh! That’s her going onstage now! And with...” Madeleine squinted, though, her smile dropped. “With another man?! After she had just danced with you!”

“Mama, are you forgetting--?”

“Let her despair,”
Elbereth patted his shoulder. “She needs time to take this horrible news in.”

Both the man and woman onstage were an odd pairing, to be sure, but the combined

playing of the instrument and the singing was marvellous to hear. Easier on the ears than the other songs, for sure...once the song had ended, many of the troupe who hadn’t been packing away things, or had paused, clapped for the performance, as did Valentine and their mothers.

Though, as soon as the performance was over, and they had left the stage to head over to an armoured female it seemed, Madeleine was pushing Valentine towards them. “Go on! Go speak to her!”

“Mama, I don’t thi--”

“Go on, we’ve got the rest of packing up covered!” Elbereth said with a grin, quickly grabbing Madeleine as they both made off laughing, leaving Valentine little choice but to go and engage in conversation. Honestly, those women...

Valentine eventually arrived alongside Aedzel, Jace, and Amalia, and a strange looking man that they assumed was...one of a particularly raunchy vocation. They couldn’t say they were incredibly comfortable with the notion; not that they had anything against workers of that kind, of course...but Valentine just hoped they weren’t asked or roped into anything.

Anyway, they couldn’t help but tap the shoulder of the Quetzola, and once she turned, gave her the biggest smile they could muster. “Hi, there. I suppose I should thank you for that marvellous performance you gave out there.”

Their Jailer, or whatever they were, was strange. That didn't bother Daisy. She'd seen monsters before, she wasn't afraid. Granted, she usually had her family to back her up, or in this most recent case her new band of friends, but it was what it was. Kiel might help, a little. But hurt and deprived of magic as he was he wasn't sure how much help he would be. Tammond would be useless. Fortunately for Daisy, magic was a supplement, not her weapon. She relied on her strength and speed more than her Geomancy, and she still had both of those. She just needed their jailer to step inside... taunt them some more... let their guard down. She wasn't sure she would win. This creature seemed powerful. But she would try. Better that than to sit here and rot.

She took its taunting in stride. She welcomed it. Taunting, mockery, was foolish. Even if you were in a position of unassailable power It made you more vulnerable, it made you weaker. Gave your opponents more time to think, to take your measure. People always thought they were in stronger positions of power than they really were. His mockery rolled off Daisy like water off a duck.

"If you're ever looking down the wrong end of a blade, pray the one holding it is an evil man, because an evil man will gloat, he'll revel in your doom, and that will give you time to plan, to react, to understand your foe. They'll enjoy your fear and pain, savor it like a fine wine, and in those handful of moments you'll have time to act. Hope that its an evil man, because a good one will kill you without a word." Her father had told her once. (Actual quote that I butchered is from Terry Pratchett)

So all Daisy did was stare them down, looking for anything that might help her. Keys, a physical vulnerability, and idea as to what the creature was.

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt

kiel.png

Kiel Shan

It seemed the other man was just as dejected as Kiel was. He wasn't willing to try unless they came up with an escape plan that was novel. In contrast, Kiel still tried his best to make an effort, if only for Daisy's sake.

He rose an eyebrow at the idiom Tammond brought up. "'Paying them to leave?'" he quoted. "No, I haven't," he answered, "at least not in this context." Maybe it made sense for people trying to intimidate or harass someone, but when you were already paying someone for their companionship, it made no sense to him that you would then want them to leave. The other's sentiment about not caring about companionship also confused the light blue haired man, making him question why he was soliciting a prostitute in the first place if that was the case, but he didn't question it. Instead, he listened to Tammond's theory about this whole operation and what he suspected their outcomes would be.

Being shipped off to the south? Well, in that case he'd be closer to home. It made no sense that they would provide them with free travel, though. Tammond had mentioned trafficking before but had claimed the people chosen weren't in good enough states for slave labor or the like, so they probably weren't expected to work at their destination. Then there was the experimentation bit, which, after Tammond summoned the other prison guard, their demeanor made it seem highly plausible.

Even Kiel, a person who only assumed good intentions from people, was taken aback by their sudden back and forth in attitude. Although he was wary of them, his good nature still seemed to win out. "Er... no, I'm not sick," he responded. "I'm just injured..." His light blue eyes shot a glance to Tammond. He was innocent, sure, but wasn't stupid enough to not catch on to what the man was planning. "I'm worried about it getting worse though... and... I don't want to die from sepsis. Perhaps someone can take a look at it?"

Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt Fred Colon Fred Colon

450a9b546bc25237a27c38d219d2fbc6 (2)-1.jpg

Leone scratched his head, wondering what separated him from the stranger, but there was nothing he could say. The only difference between them was clothing, but why would church wards target church clothes? He was completely stumped and humorously asked "Maybe the gate knows I'm a wonderful, upstanding citizen?" Then he shrugged once and gently brushed Nezumi, murmuring "You'll be okay little one" hoping she would feel better soon, even though her reasons for stress were unknown. Leone guessed she worried about dangerous wards, but who could say without Kuma here?

After brushing her again, he focused on the stranger and spoke seriously. "I don't understand a damn thing about this gate but I know we're not getting through it. Are there ways underground? Do any sewer systems run under the church? What about escape tunnels? Anything like that?" He spammed ideas one after another, hoping something would stick. Then he glanced between Nezumi and Stone, asking them "We humans weren't blessed with strong senses, but what about you two? Can either of you sense anything? Maybe a noise or smell from underground?" Leone sounded unsure, knowing nothing about Momerki and rats.

"Oh and we should start searching before anyone asks questions, keep your ears and noses peeled" he casually added before strolling away, looking for manholes or drains. Assuming the group found something, they could head underground and breach the basement from below. It was a classic heist strategy... not that Leone was a veteran bank robber or anything. But he knew stories, and copying them would be easy unless a cave in killed them all.

Taigakitt Taigakitt
Lost Echo Lost Echo
The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back