• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Well of Wishes | Main IC | [Closed]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Kuma
1603663930062.jpeg
Hospital Waiting Room
April 20th, afternoon
BriiAngelic BriiAngelic (Helena and Ro) Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider (Amalgahsett) Taigakitt Taigakitt (Doctor Cash)
Currently imitating Vanessa Wagner's face without hair, likeness is difficult to tell

Kuma followed the mother and daughter through the streets, connecting what Nezumi could gather to flesh out a map in their head. The church was a fort onto its own; the walls stark and looming. Young Ro wandered, though not far on the trip. She carried that trident, which still sent a shock down her spine. What if Sparkles tried to take it from the child? Kuma understood the agreement, even agreed with the trade, but she was still glad the weapon was far from the syphid. Off her shoulder, she could see the Stone, where some of the group were touring. Or something. It seemed like one stone, but perhaps they circled it? She had tuned out the interest the others had, even those villagers who greeted them.

The hospital was good sized, likely to accommodate the influx of visitors this town had, but upon entering, the class division was clear. As was Helena and Ro’s side. It hadn’t been something she had noticed before. Immediately, Kuma shifted, pulling her bo staff out. Her expression blanked, and her arms seemed to gain muscles as she walked after the two. In her basic clothes, she could not pull off nobility, but she could easily be ignored as the duo’s guard. People of both ranks ignored guards. Beneath those of higher nobility, while those below tried not to attract attention. And Kuma had a lot of experience as a guard.

pirate?.pngpirate.jpg

After settling at a table, Jane and Rose gladly accepted the drinks Pozou had brought them. Jane thanked him and Rose gave her usual nod. They sipped on their brews and Rose relaxed a little. She was quite the drinker and had the habit of outdrinking most sailors and pirates. A man's shout made Rose shoot her eyes open. She flicked her eyes to the direction of the shout and saw a man dressed similarly to smugglers making a beeline for their table. Furrowing her brow she looked to Jane who seemed construed by the shout as well. Grabbing her knife as instinct she locked her eyes on the stranger. He had begun interrogating Pozou and her grip on weapon tightened.

She set down her drink and saw Jane tense up. Finding Jane’s hand under the table, she gave it a tight squeeze, communicating to her sister that she would handle this. Jane looked to Rose when she squeezed her hand and slightly nodded, understanding her message. She looked back at the strange man and squeezed her hand back. The stranger began speaking down on their group and Rose bit her tongue hoping Pozou could handle this without her interruption. Making eye contact with the smuggler as he offered her a job, she frowned. He had now included them and Rose gladly accepted the invitation to speak.

You are stupid to think you could offer me a selfish man's job when you just berated my companions in front of me. Plus, this is my day of relaxing not business.” Rose said, taking a sip of her drink, her other hand still tightly gripping her knife. “I’m going to have to ask you to leave so I can continue to speak with the doctor.” She said, glancing at Pozou. She hid a small smirk behind the rim of her mug. She had always enjoyed bartering and a dull man like this would give her quite the entertainment.

Arcanist Arcanist Jet Jet

11b03a75d32cef822c4edb0f2c927743.jpg

Amad nodded when his customers requested clothing, then scoured the overstocked storeroom for suitable items. He searched mannequin stands, mounted shelves and metal clothing racks, parsing through products while mumbling "no no not this one" and"that's better" when good selections were found. The search continued for almost a minute, stopping when several pieces were ammassed on a wooden cart he pushed around. Then he returned to the others, exuding excitement while bragging about his unique wares. "This is from the south! I call it evening sky for obvious reasons. The gemstones are stars!" He went, passing an Almasian mask to Daisy. The cotton vail was deep blue with swirling black patterns, and glimmering opals dotted the darkness. He adored it more than most pieces in his possession.

His next selection was a coat made from winter foxes — this one was another personal favorite. It displayed orange-reds and stark whites, creating complex and unique patterns. Amad pictured Daisy wearing the luscious coat and tapped his chin, entering salesmen mode once more. "You'd look fantastic wearing this! And though it's not completely waterproof, it's very resistant and warm too. You can put it on and see for yourself in the changing room. Oh and feel free to test it with water if you can summon it!" He explained, handing over the coat without getting close, remembering how she moved back the last time... adventurers were so paranoid!

Then he cleared his throat and focused on Kiel, speaking with a warm tone.
"I found this for you. It's a western import that's slim and elegant. A perfect match in my opinion!" And what he presented was a three piece set. It contained a pastel blue tunic with midnight embroidery, decorated with silver buttons and clasps. There were matching pants too, and accentuating both was a silver sash of western silks. The overall design was narrow and angular, perfect for slimmer builds.

Amad loved the clothes on a personal level, and hoped the handsome customer would too. In that vain he complimented the young man to encourage a purchase, keeping the same warmth from before. "You'd look like a dragon prince in this, and it would fit like a glove! You should try it on in the changing rooms... if you're interested in the clothes of course" He said, maintaining steady eye contact the entire time.

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Fred Colon Fred Colon

Last edited:
Valentine
Mentions: -| Interactions: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Aedzel)

Valentine.jpg
Valentine’s troupe, unlike some of the audience, actually showed some enthusiasm and genuine curiosity in Cardi Beak and Passtry. Valentine, well, not so much. They weren’t exactly into the explicit material. If anything, by the shifting and the glancing elsewhere, he grew more uncomfortable listening to it.

“They get worse every year...” They could hear Elbereth muttering to herself, and he had to hold back a chuckle at the disgust seeping into their mother’s voice. She was never quite the fan of that sort of explicit music herself, though, she was a traditionalist when it came to music. She pat the shoulder of Valentine, and gave them a wink, “I don’t think we’ll have much problem following them up.”

“Easy,” Valentine laughed, “this isn’t a competition, you know.”

“Oh, please. It’s no fun without a little bit of competition,”
Elbereth winked, patting Valentine on the shoulder. “Now, let’s get out there and break a leg.” She grinned before leaving Valentine to recite his lines quietly to himself, and to make sure that everybody knew their places and where they were meant to be.

The play itself, when it finally got going, was simple enough for anyone to grasp. A young man, Peregrine, grows up in a poor family, in an attempt to help his family rise above their station, assumes the identity of a long-lost noble to scam others out of their money. A recipe for disaster, but it made for good drama, if anything.

They had extended the stage out into the audience themselves; actors -- sorry, noble ladies and lords, parading in peacocking colours of reds, blues, greens, dresses and suits galore, all dancing with or without partners among the crowd. In amongst them was a violinist, dressed in his own lilac suit, playing a slow and regal tune.

Valentine -- oh, sorry, Peregrine -- was an imposter, dressed in a snow-white suit and cape, the underside a rich and royal blue, sifting and dancing their way through the crowd. Elbereth, before they shifted into their respective roles, of course, encouraged Valentine to take a willing participant from the crowd to dance with them. Of course, simultaneously, many people eyed Peregrine looking for a partner, and avoided their gaze. They wondered if they should have given up their pursuit, until they saw someone in the crowd, with golden wings that the sun hit just right. Quetzola were known for their talented dancing skills, so surely taking them on as a partner would make for a splendid performance.

Peregrine approached Aedzel, tapping her on the shoulder, before over-exaggerating a bow and a greeting. “My lady,” they grinned before holding out a hand to her, “care for a dance?”

The clothes were.... a lot. Much, much more vibrant and fine than anything that Daisy had ever worn. Especially the mask. Gemstones? On her face? She was looking for something less ostentatious than her tusked mask. But the salesman was pushy, and she found herself in the dressing room before she knew it. Well, she was here. She might as well change.

She stripped her funerary garments off her body and replaced them with the fine clothes the store owner had brought her. She wondered how much this would cost. Every Rosenbloom was given a substantial amount of money every time they left the manor, and Daisy was frugal. She had only used it on cheap room and board. It wasn't a matter of if she could afford the clothes, but if it was worth it. Hopefully she'd be able to supplement her money somehow along the line.

She stepped out of the room, fully dressed, and looked at herself in the mirror. Her heart skipped a beat. She looked... good. Not just good, but... grand, if she did say so herself. The shopkeeper certainly knew what he was about. Daisy supposed it was his job. She turned to him and Kiel, thinking. There wasn't much of a need for clothes like this. But... if they ran into her uncle he would surely expect her to be in the blacks of house Rosenbloom. This could function as a disguise! The excuse was thin, Daisy knew that, but she found herself saying.

"I'll take them." She coughed into her hand, embarrassed that she'd said that with just a bit too much enthusiasm. "And just some plain dark clothes, as well. And whatever bandannas my compatriot has chosen for me. Thank you for your services, shop keeper."

She looked at herself in the mirror. Reds and whites. Not what a Rosenbloom would ever think to wear. But she wasn't really a Rosenbloom at the moment, was she? Not until she could take back the family manor, lay those lost to rest and force her uncle to pay in his life blood.

Mentions: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Jet Jet

20201201_124833.jpg

Ayana bared a narrow smile, almost laughing when Celestine corrected the nickname. Then she stared down her annoyed amphibious friend and answered “Sorry I meant to say, Angry Rage Princess, Celestine Oceania the Syphid!” Her apology sounded serious, making the sarcastic mess seem even more absurd. Celestine would probably have a stroke hearing the verbal monstrosity too — something bound to happen whenever nobles crossed Ayana's path. Her people lacked birthright hierarchies after all, making princess and lord worthless words... why would blood decide station anyway?

The concept was dumb and fancy names meant nothing. Absolute power swelled heads then shattered the crowns around them, far better were people with contained strength who could be held accountable. Ayana wanted to argue against monarchies and ancient names that empowered undeserving people, but the princess would defend them forever. That would turn a pleasant adventure into a never ending debate, and who wanted that? Celestine maybe... but besides her there were none. Everyone else seemed happy without drama, so the hunter stopped at sarcasm. Then she sighed and chimed a more honest "You're welcome Celestine" before focusing on the northerner.

Freya's comment from before was funny because — as the human saying went — it was true. Ayana would become a frozen block up north, unless she wore a thousand layers over her small body. The hunter actually took a moment because of the joke, wondering how to survive in a tundra before concluding "With enough clothing I'd make it to your town! I could waddle around in furs like arctic birds!" She was kidding of course, but maybe the north really was that cold? Goosebumps covered her body at the thought, before she added a serious request. "One day you must take me to your home. I would be the first of my kind to go there!"

In the silence Ayana glanced between Obsidian and Lorrin, who wanted to learn from the missing guide. "They must be off giving another tour" she went after scanning the square once again, sounding rather disappointed this time. She hoped a guide would show up soon, hearing stories from one was better than random locals with unfounded opinions. But there was something she suspected about the boulder without needing guidance, wondering aloud "The stone must be connected to giants, from before the first years. Look at the statue I bought!" Ayana displayed her wooden figurine while speaking, pointing at the carved stone balanced on his shoulder. He connected to whatever story explained this place, that much was obvious, even to an idealistic foreigner.

Lost Echo Lost Echo Taigakitt Taigakitt Sarahspn Sarahspn Pik Pik Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Attachments

• 31abd45b0fa076583bd9ab792fb28a10-1.jpg
    31abd45b0fa076583bd9ab792fb28a10-1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
kiel2.png

Kiel Shan

Kiel watched as the shopkeeper rummaged through his wares in order to find exactly what he thought would suit the woman. The way he worked was akin to a book keeper asked for a certain text, or a librarian searching through vast knowledge to find specific records. When he came back, he handed Daisy a mask that was dotted with sparkling jewels and had the swirling colors of black and royal blue, truly making it seem like a sky as he so aptly named the piece. Honestly, Kiel was surprised he was willing to part with it. The endearment Amad showed towards it was that an artist showed to their finest work. He may have simply been a shrewd salesman, but Kiel knew nothing about that, nor would his naive, good-natured self expect someone to be so conniving.

Upon seeing the blend of oranges and whites that Amad then went on to pick out for Daisy, Kiel oriented his search of bandanas to complement those colors. He found some other shades of orange, along with some reds, yellows, and pinks, but also tried for various blues. After his search, he only had a small handful, being just as discerning when it came to clothes as Amad was.

"Oh! If that's the case, I can cast some water magic," Kiel offered. Surely his injury didn't affect his magic prowess. He'd make sure to keep it light though. He didn't believe his magical abilities could summon a flood or anything, but the other man did say the furs were only water resistant, so...

After Daisy entered the changing room to try on the wares picked out for her, Kiel turned his attention to Amad and the clothes he had picked out for him. "Oh..." he sighed, clearly in awe with the color. The silver buttons and sash brought out the darker colors of the rest of the garments. It was a similar coloration to the mask that Amad had presented to Daisy moments ago; perhaps the man had a certain style he himself gravitated towards. It was darker than what Kiel was used to wearing, as the sheer clothing worn in the heat under the desert sun looked drab in anything other than the brightest of colors, but there were a lot of changes happening for him at the moment, so why couldn't his attire change as well. The compliment fell flat on Kiel, but the quality and artistry of the clothing won him over anyway. "Yes, I'd like to try them on!" he said with an excited smile.

After Daisy stepped out, he let out another awed, "oh..." and then went on to add, "you look great!" As she viewed herself in the mirror, Kiel personally invested in her decision of whether to buy it or not. When she looked to him for what he presumed was a reaction of opinion, he simply gave an approving nod, and found himself beaming when she agreed to purchase the wares. "Oh, right," he said, handing over the bandanas when she mentioned them. Looking at how the rest of the clothing suited her, he almost felt those were unnecessary at this point, although if Daisy wanted them, who was he to say no?

Once the changing room was free, he stepped in and tried on the garments that Amad had picked out for him. When he stepped out, like with the previous outfit he wore, he found it a little constricting as it hugged his frame. Assuming that was just a feeling he would have to get used to, instead he looked in the mirror and focused on his appearance in the attire. "Wow..." He had never seen a dragon prince, as the other predicted he would resemble, nor really knew how to distinguish royalty from commoners, but either way, he found himself almost smitten with how he looked. "I'll take them as well," he said, turning back to Amad. Hopefully the man would be okay with them walking out in their new clothes, because Kiel wasn't quite keen on changing back.

Fred Colon Fred Colon Jet Jet

Amalgahsett
Hospital

"Oh, a plague doctors outfit." Amal shifted uncomfortably. "I hope there isn't a pandemic thats going around." Pushing the thought from her mind she took a deep breath after being ever so slightly worried. "Okay, its right down the hall right?" She asked to confirm before glancing around one last time to see a weird set of individuals walk into the hospital. Staring for a few seconds longer than she probably should of her big eyes fixed onto one the likes of which she hadn't seen before. Visibly seeing the individuals muscles expand made Amal feel uncomfortable, something that wasn't easily done outside of the medical side of things.

"Is Doctor Cash a medical nick name for the doctors that assist those that pay or....?" Amal asked seeing the connection with cash being a monetary object and having to pay for higher medical care. "I probably could have patched myself up but I cant exactly reach where I was-" She stopped her train of words dead, realizing that she almost spilled the beans on her trying to scam someone out of their shiny bits. "What do you pay here for someone who can heal others? I can do some weird things, my peoples manner of using magic is alittle.... unorthodox but it definitely works." Amal continued on but not saying what exactly it was that she could do.

Going with the doctor she walked into the room before her wings unfurled before adjusting and tucking back even tighter. "Got a good hit on my arm." She let out showing the doctor her arm. "Can't bandage it right with only one hand" Amal continued.

Mentions:
BriiAngelic BriiAngelic (Roland)
Lost Echo Lost Echo (Kuma)
(Helena)​

Lorrin Yumi
comm_pik_Full_colour.jpg

Jet Jet Lost Echo Lost Echo Taigakitt Taigakitt Sarahspn Sarahspn Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

"Your probably right but it's never a good sign to be this late regardless of the reason. Hopefully, this tour is a good one." Starring up at the large stone in front of them he could admit it's a rather nice landmark but he's seen better and its honesty a wonder how something like this can even attract attention. Honestly, the only reason he wanted to attend this tour was so he could learn as much about the town as possible. The local legends don't really mean much to him he just wants to know about any popular sites or the general layout of the town in case they needed to make a quick escape. But he was starting to wonder he could do that without the tour especially if there going to be this late, maybe he should have just gone to the church but stealth isn't his best suit he would likely get noticed sneaking around right away. Lorrin would be snapped out of his thoughts apon hearing Ayana's voice. Giants hu maybe the lore will be interesting.

Doctor.jpgThe woman was smiling warmly at the Quetzola as she waited for confirmation she was good to go. The mention of plague had her tilt her head, “No plagues around here, but a Doctor must be careful if someone from out of town were to be exhibiting particular signs of catchable diseases.

Doctor Cash is also very precious to us. She can fix the most complex of injuries!” A voice from down the hall sang out his praises of her, to which the Doctor accepted, no sign of waving such adoration away.

As the Doctor was about to urge her down the hall, a voice called out, asking if anyone would be able to help them. Doctor Cash waved a staff member down, “Excuse me, Dear. Go see what they require?

The woman, who was dressed like a nurse of the establishment, her blonde locks were tied up into a tight bun. She nodded, smiled, and turned on her heel to assist the lobby. As she approached Helena and Roland, “You required assistance? How can I be of service, M’lady?” She also made sure to pay Kuma some gazeful attention, noting the aggression that seemed to be built up in the body, though her expression remained sweet.

The people in the lobby stayed as they were, not an angry face in sight. Were some of these people even injured? Maybe they just liked the attention that was rumored to be given by Doctor Cash or other staff members.

As the nurse attended to Helena, Roland, and Kuma, Doctor Cash brought her attention back to Amalgahsett, who was inquiring about her name. “My name is not a nickname. I was born as a Cash. It has given people the wrong impression before.

They approached the door and walked within. Once inside, she closed the door behind her, locking it in the process. Being a more famous doctor, there have been times where she was looking over shyer people when the door would be barged in on. Ever since, she had taken up locking doors to protect the privacy of her patients.

Approaching the Quetzola after setting her mask on a table nearby, she gingerly took the arm into her hands, inspecting carefully. “We are always on the lookout for more healers. I’d be more than happy to bring you on.

As her fingers carefully trailed across skin, a touch that often could raise goosebumps across flesh, she hummed. “In fact-

The Doctor wrapped her hand tight around the forearm and tugged, pulling the Quetzola into her arms, her face inches from the other. The Quetzola wouldn’t have had the chance to really wrestle free from the grasp as she smiled sweetly, “I am rather fond of Quetzola. I can give you the best pay.” Doctor Cash’s arms around the other’s waist, whether the Quetzola was willing or not, a flash of white could be seen dancing in her irises, as traces of magic moved across her skin. That magic would touch Amalgahsett, a warm feeling coming from the magic, “Now, don’t struggle. I can’t help you if you struggle. This is the best care I have to offer for paying customers~

Valentine/Aedzel (Collab)
Mentions: -| Interactions: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Aedzel), MythyDW MythyDW (Jace), Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Amalia)

Valentine.jpg
Aedzel.jpg
As raunchy as both performances were, Aedzel enjoyed it both quite well. Music is, after all, a form of expression. But the next performance, now that was interesting to her most. The troupes the Quetzola has been with had never done any sort of theatrics, merely singing and playing of instruments. It made her wonder who had such a mind to create such a story, to her it was enticing.

Aedzel knew how to act, but it was a pale comparison to what these performers can do. Perhaps she could learn a thing or two, Daisy was already suspicious of her after all. With her hands at her back she leaned a little further to Jace and whispered in his ear while her eyes stuck like glue to the act, “Perhaps we can go after them, don’t worry about practice! When you start singing, I will follow after you’re lead.”

A tap on her shoulder had taken her attention away from her companion, catching the sight of one of the actors, whose hair color reminded her of daffodils. A smile made way to her lips, it wasn’t small, nor was it big. There was mirth, but it was contained. “It is a pleasure to dance with you, sir.”

Although she didn’t wear the silk dress of nobles, she curtsied like one all the same. She gave her two companions a look and mouthed that she will be back before taking the hand of the stranger and following his lead.

Oho, a Quetzola who could play a part too? Even better. She’d make for quite the exquisite dance partner after all! After she had mouthed something to some companions of hers - a young man dressed in dark clothing, and someone else dressed in armour (that pink, so striking!), she took his hand, and soon, they were off.

The dance itself wasn’t too hard to get the hang of. A simple waltz with some simple footwork, and enough spinning around that could make one dizzy. But Valentine would lead, and whispered some reassurance to her during the dance.

“No need to worry about not getting all the steps,”
they said with a smile. “I’m not much of a dancer myself as much as my looks would indicate.” Whether they meant it as Valentine or Peregrine, was to be debated. Such was an actor’s life, to blur the lines between reality and fantasy. “Just follow my lead, and you’ll practically be dancing on air. Oh, well, uh, I suppose you would be used to that, wouldn’t you?” They laughed, a musical, joyful sound at the irony of his line, and him dancing with a Quetzola.

Aedzel's eyes twinkled in delight, a snarky remark coming out of her lips. “Since you’re not much of a dancer… should I lead then?” Her words were a mere quip as she matched Valentine’s movement with her own, fluid and full of grace. She let herself be swept away by the music and the movements, while keeping her eyes trained on her partner.

“Oh, touché, my lady…” Valentine chuckled, now much more determined to lead their partner. The Quetzola was following their movements wonderfully. She had been so light on her feet, so graceful in each small movement. Valentine had struck gold - quite literally by her colouring - in gaining such a wonderful partner.

The two practically floated through the crowd, in between bystanders, past others who danced with one another. It seemed as if it would last forever, until Valentine stumbled with their back against another person who had been dancing among the crowd. The dancing ceased between the two couples, and the man, who had turned to chastise the one who bumped into him and his partner, couldn’t help but exclaim, “Peregrine?”

Apparently, Peregrine’s identity, if anyone had been paying attention enough at this stage, was not meant to be found out here. They let go of Aedzel’s hands, without so much as a thank you or a compliment more, and started shifting past others in the crowd, with the man running after them, calling their name. Eventually, more of the nobles started disappearing from the crowd too, their invasion of the audience’s space over.

Aedzel had almost forgotten that she wasn't just there to enjoy some dancing in the square, she had become a prop for the play and while she didn't mind it seemed to cut a bit too fast for her taste. Understanding that it was her time to leave, she gave a quick look between the two before leaving and finding herself back at the company of her companions from earlier.

"Things have taken a turn, exciting isn't it?"
She asked Amalia and Jace with a smile on her face as if she was never a part of the show just a few seconds ago. She was still a bit giddy from earlier, but now she had a focus to the play that held more intent than it did before.

The rest of the play culminated in some high stakes. Peregrine, involved in identity fraud, and being chased down by the authorities, eventually died in a high-speed chase. Though, not all ended badly. The money which he had come to acquire under his identity fraud was handed out to his family, who were able to make a new start for themselves, and who would always see the dear Peregrine as a kind soul, even if others afterwards wouldn’t. The play seemed well received by the crowd, some moved by it, some thoroughly entertained. A few seemed disgruntled by the rather tragic ending, but tragic dramas weren’t always a crowd pleaser.

Pozou Artith
Mentions: - | Interactions: Sarahspn Sarahspn (Jane/Rose), Jet Jet (Kadar)

Pozou.jpg
The more Kadar revelled in Pozou's presence, and his nervous disposition, the more uncomfortable the Quetzola grew. He rarely interacted with people of...Kadar's callibre. Though he had some experience of being on a pirate ship, he left that all to the captain and his crewmates. He was happy just to shop at the local markets and stay onboard the ship, and out of trouble. He watched him guzzle his beer out of the corner of his eye, again, hoping, rather pathetically, he would just get bored and leave him.

Pozou glanced at him. "Chickens...in a coop?" He repeated, as if he had misheard him or misunderstood. But the reality was that he understood clearly what was going on, even if anyone else couldn't. He wasn't sure how to react. If he was braver, he would have told him to take such a saying back, but he could only sit in silence after that, unsure of what more to say.

Pozou's nails scratched at the table as Kadar continued, only, this time, bringing comrades into it, other races. He couldn't believe the gaul of this man, to spout such words and judgements upon others he knew nothing about. And Quetzola being the 'better ones'? It only opened up his own race to ridicule and judgement too. He wondered what Kadar would think, if he knew how some his own people lived. Sure, his village wasn't a marvel, but it was home, and it was practical. His distant cousins would have thought otherwise, though then again, those bright coloured and philandering birds were often more vain and concerned by themselves.

Pozou couldn't stick the man any longer, but he couldn't seem to build up his courage. When he felt more obliged to speak his mind, he did so, though again, it was quiet, hardly courageous to anyone. "I...I don't appreciate your comments. Especially not if it's in reference to my comrades or their race..."

Though, by then, Kadar had moved onto Rose and Jane, not targeting, but offering them prospectable jobs. His words seemed much more accompanying to them than they did to Pozou, and he loathed to know why that was, being a Quetzola, and the women being more for...personal gain.

But, if there was one thing Pozou knew, it was that Rose could handle her own, and by Quetzocoatl, she did. A much braver person than he, and a knife to wave in his face should he refuse to leave. Man, could he do with some lessons from her...

knight1.jpgknight2.jpg

Amalia Winters

Amalia didn't feel one way or another about the explicit artists and their raunchy lyrics. She had heard some of both the bards' poetry before, and although most were not her favorite, some songs did indeed get stuck in her head. The ones they had performed today were such songs, although she would do no more than hum the general tune. When she replayed the lyrics in her head though, the woman couldn't help but get a little bit of a chuckle from them.

After the performances, Amalia joined in during the applause. When the troupe took the stage next, she quieted down with the rest crowd and watched the show they put on. The story of a pauper posing a noble was nothing new, but this group of performers were able to make it their own. The knight could see that they truly put effort into rehearsals, and learned their character in and out. The performance took an interesting turn when the actors seeped into the audience, dancing to the cry of a violin through the seats. Shows like these were unique, in Amalia's opinion, but she wasn't too fond of having to turn to see one part of the show and missing the other. She was also not a fan of being summoned for audience participation, and it seemed she narrowly escaped a embarrassing fate as the Quetzola she sat next to was chosen instead of her.

She just gave her companion a smile when the other mouthed her words before continuing to watch. Aedzel was surprisingly a good dancer, although maybe Amalia wouldn't have found that so surprising had she known her history as a performer. Either way, her friend seemed to blend right in with the act, so much so that when Peregine was discovered and the next scene commenced, seeing the woman return to her next to the knight was somewhat unsettling.

"Indeed..." she responded to her friend's question. It was strange; the show had entranced her with the calm and serene dancing, and now had her hooked with what the outcome would be for Peregine. These performers were truly masters of their craft. After the show had finished, Amalia happily applauded, even joining some of the others in the crowd to give a standing ovation. It was nice to see a story that had a more realistic end, as opposed to the fairytale-style happily ever after. It wasn't all tragedy for Peregine though, as their family would live comfortably, leaving the audience with some semblance of a silver lining.

Once the actors took their bows and exited the stage, and the applause had calmed down, the knight turned to her two companions. "So, you two will be performing next?" she asked, having overheard their planning.

Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Arcanist Arcanist MythyDW MythyDW

Stone, Yo, Church Dude

ChurchDude.jpgProbably predictable, but whenever someone waved their hello in their direction, of course Yo had waved back with a smile upon her lips. Stone stayed rather stone-faced through their walk, his green eyes glancing around cautiously. His tail flicked, the fur slightly poofed up.

Upon making it near the church, of course there was someone in what seemed like church clothing standing outside, and Leone had approached, acting very different from his usual manner.

The man at the gate pushed himself off the wall and smiled graciously, as if appreciating the check on his well-being, “I’d be in better straights if I could just get into the church! It’s been sealed tight and I can’t seem to find my way in. No one can!” He waved his hand in a way that was saying ‘no’ to the coins. “I don’t mind walking you around the campground. Your money could be donated to the church after we get inside.

He turned to face within the gate that led up the stairs to the church, “In fact, if you can help get this gate unsealed, I would see to it that you are rewarded for your efforts!” Turning his head to look at Leone, he continued, “I understand it’s asking a lot of tourists, but we’re at our wit’s end, and I’d much rather not be dragged into a rift for not attending!

Vaaltari of Jata

The trek towards their destination was uneventful with little much of note to really comment on. Vaaltari followed his group consisting of himself, one qilaio that he knew as the Princess, Stone, and Leone.

With a familiar to tag along.

In passing guards he was more surprised to find no questioning than the free pass they were allowed. It was clear that whatever had aroused suspicion upon them, had yet to leave Whaleport in full and reach these sectors.

Behind his mask however, his eyes narrowed. But for how long will that last, he wondered.

Upon reaching the oh so great church of the Inquisition and finding its current state less inviting than he had expected, he found himself at a loss. Were the churches in these lands not open to all 24/7 as the spiritual ancestral grounds and ritual sanctions were for his own homeland? As Leone engaged conversation with the stranger, Vaaltari stretched his neck out, careful not to make it obvious, as he had a look around. Aside from the yard up ahead, there was little activity around that showed him the place was truly active. As he kept his sensors on the conversation but his eyes moving, he found that there truly was nothing inviting about the church in this moment. The Windows provided little vision of any priests moving about, he could hear no voices, see no open doors. This place radiated stay out, and the more he studied it- the more he wanted to know exactly why.

Luckily, the Ruligarkans familiar was among them. Leaning towards Stone, Vaal whispered: "I will be back, I am going to see what is going on around here. I feel things do not seem...right. For a pious group so famous, it is odd they shut themselves like this. I will return shortly, keep your eyes above."

He gave Yo's shoulder a gentle squeeze, a signal for her attention, then leaning forward to whisper in her ear he said: "I'll be back." Speaking louder, butting into Leone's conversation as it continued, "I apologize friends, but I believe I had too much to drink on our way here. I recall a rest stop not far from the church, I will go visit it quickly and shall return momentarily. Sir, if you don't mind I will be back quickly- by all means if the church opens its doors while I am away, please, wait for me."

With a bow then rising- the Matugna made an about turn without waiting for an answer, jogging away. Putting up the act that perhaps he really did have to go after all.

Turning a corner Vaal vanished from the sight of the others, walking the streets he noticed a pair of guards up ahead, slipped into an alleyway, and then standing in the narrow space- looked up.

Claws emerged from his glowing palms. Muscles in his hand flexed, both palms and fingers grew a little larger. He sank his nails into the hard timber wood that made up the building, and then did the same with the other hand. Climbing swiftly, making leaps as he scaled, Vaal was on the roof of the building in just a few seconds. Below him the guards passed unsuspecting, ahead of him- a few buildings and a couple meters away- there was the church and the others.

Vaaltari ran to the edge of one building, jumped, landed, kept going. He leaped across three rooftops then running to the very edge of the roof, he crouched low, focused- breathed in; magic coursed through muscles in his calves and thighs, bulging like balloons, till he launched forward and began taking off, all the muscles snapping down like strained elastic bands. The Matugna went flying across the street, over the heads of unsuspecting below. Vaaltari flew across the sky, clothes billowing around him, a spec of shadow below. He zoomed like a magically charged bolt of energy towards the roof top in a straight path, going over the heads of his comrades as he came in from their blindspot above on the leftmost side. When he slammed into the roof top, it was at a skid. Claws from his feet sank into the rooftop, leaving marks as they sliced through to slow him down. Falling into a roll that Vaal used to bleed off momentum.

When he came to a stop he rose, looked around. Then upon seeing no one, Vaal approached the front side of the building. Peering down he saw the others below.

Success.

Time to get to work.

A hand came up, the mask came off. Moving the face plate off and attaching it to a latch on his hip, Vaal breathed in through the aerovibra in his body, and then exhaled through the reptilian slits that acted as his nostrils on his narrow nose.

The Matugna blinked. The world was normal, with color one moment. The next, it shifted into varying spectrums of red, purple, and blue.

The yellow of his eyes became black. And in the same moment, the tattoo lines that acted like 'eyebrows' and facial paint on his forehead, ripped open- revealing ocular organs. Eyes swimming in black, orbs of indigo, opened and surveyed their surroundings. Five eyes looked around in different directions, all at once, searching the area- seeing no new heat signatures. Each signature one Vaaltari already recognized as citizens, his teammates, and the church civil.

Then all five eyes looked down, focusing, pupils dilating.

Vaaltari saw the roof in grey scale, as if it weren't even there or as if he were seeing through it in some way.

Dots of red appeared before him. Heat signatures. Living breathing bodies, each one emitting their presence that one of his eyes locked on before moving to another. When all five eyes locked on to the nearest of targets he could see on one of the floors, Vaaltari moved to the edge, walked right off- stepped down, sank his claws into the walls, and then casually walked his way to a close by spot before shifting into a wall crawl. Attempting to listen in, and see what it was they might be able to share, if he coulg gleam enough at all.

Mentions: Jet Jet Lost Echo Lost Echo

Interactions: Taigakitt Taigakitt

Last edited:
Kadar Bashara | بشرة قادر
sayid.jpg

Kadar leaned forward and scooted closer to his favorite table, moving slower than molasses to prolong the scraping sound. His inching movements drew annoyed glares from around the room, but he ignored them and passed amused ones between new friends instead. They were good company all around, bleeding hearts usually were. He loved chipping away at them, especially ones like Pozou who were "true egalitarian believers through and through!"

Kadar almost laughed when the thought landed, because science deniers were cute, especially when they were a doctor. Not to mention the cute redhead who spurned smuggling, even though she was a bloody pirate. Kadar could smith armor from the irony on display here, almost laughing again at how ridiculous they seemed. But then he frowned for a moment, sensing aggression from his buddies. Their cold shoulders made him feel extremely... underappreciated. Here he was paying compliments to Quetzola and handing out opportunities for free, and this was the response? Unbelievable!

In truth he understood their anger, but playing the advocate and blaming them was priceless. The humorous concept was so grand he refused to contain laughter again, obnoxiously howling like a hyena while bending to the side. "You... you people... you people kill me I can't" He sputtered between ragged breaths and straggling laughter, approaching tears before composing emotions and adding "I must thank you... really I must. It's been many moons since I was this entertained!" Kadar was honest about one thing, he was certainly entertained.

Then he slowly returned to a forward leaning position, flagging down the nearest server with a wave. "Four whiskey shots for me and these comedians eh? And make it faster than my last order or I'll have words with your boss." His tone was demanding and immature, misunderstanding the concept of wait your turn asshole. But who was he to care? Instead he carelessly leaned back, interlocking hands behind his head before saying something substantial for once. "It's no skin from my fingers if you to reject the offer... so be it. Your loss but alas, maybe you're up to something bigger and better eh? I see a group like yours in a champion lodge and it makes me wonder... you hunting treasure perhaps? Or taking out a bandit king hmm? Tell me and maybe I'll go away." Kadar smiled at Rose, appreciating her anger. He wanted to rustle her branches and see what fell from the tree. Maybe she would attack him then, but champion lodges had rules. Throwing a punch meant expulsion, plus Kadar could hold his own.

Pozou was another game entirely, he was shier than nocturnals during daytime, making him an extremely hard target. Kadar would try a new angle then, approaching from an academic perspective when saying "You're misled my friend, leading Almasian scientists have proven my point about your mixblood friends. It is written." His point touched on southern schools of craniometry, where brain shapes were measured to deduce intelligence. Kadar had no understanding of the methods used, but most results supported human superiority. He hoped that would get Birdman going, even if the ignorant argument became an intellectual debate.

(OOC Almasian "scientists" are full of shit)
Arcanist Arcanist Sarahspn Sarahspn

Last edited:
11b03a75d32cef822c4edb0f2c927743.jpg

Amad watched his customers emerge, completely enamored with how they looked. He wanted to gush over how the clothing matched them, but stopped before speaking a word. There was business he needed to attend instead, so he remained quiet and went emotionless before snapping his fingers, activating the enchanted products they wore. Without warning the clothes became solid as steel and stretched around them like snakes, completely constricting both adventurers.

They could breath and maybe speak but nothing else, dropping like rocks to the floor. Amad said nothing through the entire process, locking the front door and closing window drapes. Then he grabbed two black hoods from a box behind the counter, approaching his prisoners immediately after. "You will be safe soon" he said without inflection, kneeling down to place head coverings over them.

In absolute darkness they were dragged across the store into a back room. Then they were searched for dangerous items, and heard the merchant step back before suddenly dropping through empty space. For several seconds they descended through increasingly cold air, landing in even colder water with a huge splash. Without the ability to swim they twisted and turned in vain, struggling to survive before new hands pulled them to the surface.

Nothing was said when they were dragged from water onto dry, seemingly natural ground. And none were exchanged when they were carted away through cold tunnels, smelling moss and deep earth. After a couple minutes the confused captives were dumped in a cell somewhere unknown, and their hoods were removed by a burly bearded man wearing pedestrian garb. He remained silent while slapping cold metal bracelets around them both, before marching from the cell and snapping his fingers, undoing the binding effect. The prison door was shut immediately after, leaving both prisoners to wonder what the fuck was happening.

"First time?" Went an older man from across the sparse cell, leaning against the roughly hewn left wall. Near the opposite one was an odorous hole where business could be done, but there was nothing else populating the room. Illumination came from everburn torches in the main tunnel, but everything else was decayed and run down. Even the walls looked close to crumbling, with roots sticking from them in spades. Then there was the constant drip drip drip that echoed through the area, showing how poorly maintained the dungeon was.

The strange cellmate was haggard looking and older, but presentable. From his appearance he'd been underground for some time though, showing pale skin with sunken eyes. "Names' Tammond, and don't use magic by the by. Those bracelets will shock you into a fucking convulsion. Trust me... I tried." He explained, holding up his unwashed arm. Around his wrist was another steel bracelet, and below it was a boiling burn where blackened skin struggled to stay attached.

Tammond
278864fbe1b3b46c0c588baa9d91be0a.jpg
Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Fred Colon Fred Colon

Last edited:
Champion's Lodge Server
Involved: Kadar ( Jet Jet ) | Rose & Jane ( Sarahspn Sarahspn ) | Pozou ( Arcanist Arcanist )

Tavern.jpgThe server was flagged down. Approaching Kadar and company, she kept a simple upon her face, “Of course. We will be quicker for you this time.” Upon turning on her heel and going back to the bar, she readied the drinks. She exchanged soft words with the woman behind the counter before walking back to the table, smiling brightly. Setting the drinks down carefully, she said, “I was able to make these drinks on the house for you… For your trouble. Please, enjoy!” She clasped her hands together and up towards her face in a cheery manner. “Anything else I can bring for our lovely patrons?

Entertainer
Involved: Amalia ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean ) | Aedzel ( Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum ) | Jace ( MythyDW MythyDW )

Entertainer.jpgPurple hands clapped and cheered after the play was over, coming from an elven figure way in the back. He was tall and had sharp features, white hair braided over a bare shoulder, wearing clothes that screamed “entertainer.” During the play, they may have been seen walking around the edges, chatting up men and women alike. His eyebrows did the flirty up-and-down a couple times. With each head shake, he had nodded and moved on.

Finally, he came up behind the fancily-armored person, Quetzola woman that had danced on stage, and the human man. “Would any of you fancy some time with me~ I’m running a special today!

pirate?.pngpirate.jpg

Rose’s face stayed void of emotion as the smuggler laughed, his loud volume piercing her ears as would nails on a chalkboard. I hate men. She watched the man's charade of humor and confidence and rolled her eyes. She set her drink down on the table and leaned forward, resting on her elbow. The stranger had begun ordering for them and Rose took the time to look at Jane, giving her a wink. Jane met her sister's eyes and smiled, holding back a laugh. “Don’t hold back,” Jane whispered, smirking. Rose turned back to them that had started talking to her.

"We’re just comrades enjoying a drink at the local Champion’s lodge. It’s best to stay out of other people’s business.” She didn’t want to give too much energy to this man’s antics but hoped that pushing him away will make him push back harder. The smuggler went back to harassing Pozou and Rose rolled her eyes. “I thought I asked you to leave. You’re like a gnat during spring, annoying.” She said, leaning back in her chair before crossing her arms.

She had let go of her knife but made sure she would be able to grab it quickly. A server had approached the table with a tray full of drinks. “Thank you,” Jane said, smiling at the server. Rose grabbed her old drink and finished it off. Setting it on the table, she glanced at the server as she dug into her pocket for coins. “I’d like another.” She said handing, her a few coins.

Jet Jet Arcanist Arcanist Taigakitt Taigakitt

Pozou Artith
Mentions: Sarahspn Sarahspn (Jane/Rose) | Interactions: Jet Jet (Kadar)

Pozou.jpg
Kadar's laughter was grating. A harsh, bellowing sound that only seemed to give Pozou more of a headache the more it bounced inside his head. Pozou was not a particularly violent person. Many joked it was why he went into the medical profession in the first instance. He used to cry at his father cutting up live fish, a testament apparently to how sensitive he was (even though he was only a chick at the time, perhaps only two or three at most). If Kadar really was pushing his buttons, it was working, working just too well for his liking.

The fact that he considered them 'entertainment', only further served to ruffle Pozou's feathers the wrong way.

And then the man ordered them shots, only serving to show his intention of staying and being a pest to them for longer. He had listened as the conversation had turned back to Rose again, and before that, his urgent usherings for drink. What an insensitive, careless man...though, he supposed he fit his job description well, if he was a smuggler or armsdealer by trade. Again, Rose did relatively well at keeping her cool, clearly a woman who had dealings with these sorts of men in the past. It seemed like Kadar had grown bored of playing predator and prey with the pirate, and turned to him instead.

And it seemed like Kadar was well and truly trying to pluck his feathers now, and had done so successfully. Pozou took a whisky shot - not even thanking Kadar for it - and rose to his feet suddenly. He turned to him and let rip. "Leading Almasian scientists are full of shit," he told him rather crassly, losing far more of his composure than he'd have liked to. "They don't know the distance between the frontal lobe and their ass as far as I'm concerned. Just about anyone can write down anything nowadays, but it doesn't mean it should be taken as gospel!" He felt himself about to divulge into a complete tangent, something he wasn't prone to doing to just anyone. Maybe that early day drinking was a terrible idea.

"Almasians have such a large inferiority complex that they have to justify it by measuring heads and brains of races that they can't fully comprehend! The brain is a complex organ made up of so many processes that brain size or head shape hasn't anything to do with it!" His rant was beginning to attract the eyes and ears of several patrons within the Lodge, but he hadn't seem to notice in his tangent. In fact, he was beginning to get so hyped up, that occassionally, you could hear a gutteral squawk escape his throat every few words.

"If you're so content-aawk that everything that's wr-aawk-tten, there are countless case st-aaw-dies on why A-aaw-lmasian scientific theories are complete bull-shaww-t! I'm sure there's a library around here tha-aaw-t can provide you with something to cure that ignorance-aaawk!"Pozou coughed into his arm, the squawking having dried his throat out. It was only after he finished his fit of coughing that he noticed the Lodge had severely quietened down, that patrons had turned to watch the new entertainment that was being provided for them. If his face wasn't already red enough from the sounds he was making, it only tinted even more red at the realisation he had put himself on the stand.

And had caught himself right in a Quetzola birdtrap set by Kadar.

450a9b546bc25237a27c38d219d2fbc6 (2).jpg

Leone understood wonky situations better than most, but what the hell was going on here? Why would a guardsman ask random tourists for criminal assistance? Why would someone protecting churches break into one? Maybe the stranger was another intruder then, wearing stolen gear to escape unwanted attention? Leone assumed as much, changing his expression from lowbrow to serious, measuring the guardsman again. Then he moved hands to hips and stood straight, abandoning his corny persona.

"If you're here to rob the place... have you tried knocking?" He sarcastically asked, gesturing at the cathedral before confidently continuing. "The Inquisition would never freeze out their own troops, so let's shove the bullshit aside shall we? We have no love lost with the church either, so maybe we can help each other out?" He was serious now, keeping strong eye contact with the man, gleaning information.

Then he approached the imposing gate, palmed the massive lock and sent pressure magic through, ramming down mechanical pins — but strong enchantments froze them in place. He expected nothing less from church defenses, explaining the phenomenon without surprise. "Wards, strong ones too. The gates' locked tighter than a bank vault... maybe tools won't be stopped though?" He sounded unsure, but gave old methods a chance, grabbing a narrow leather case from his back pocket.

Inside were many steel picks, ranging from three to nine inches. He snagged two longer ones, then explored the enchanted lock with them, scraping over eleven metal pins. The sheer number posed problems, but design and placements were standard — breaking through would be annoying but not impossible. He would handle the overwhelming amount step by step, pressing down the closest pin, drawing a sweet-sounding click from its mechanism. Leone smirked hearing the sound, before another enchantment engaged, turning his tools into rust on the wind. "More wards... you've got to be kidding me!" He grumbled with uncharacteristic frustration, sighing when he was done brushing metal dust from his hands.

Looking between everyone else, he subdued his uncharacteristic annoyance and spoke in a more relaxed tone. "I don't see a way through unless we get a barrel of nitro. We need to find a way under the walls or we're never getting in." There wasn't anything else he could do here; removing wards required serious training, something he never had growing up. So unless the others were holding out on masterful magic powers, the gate was a dead end.

Vaal was gone too which made chances slimmer. Having an extra person to suggest ideas would help them out, not to mention his potential knowledge of locks and enchantments. Unfortunately he was away on solo endeavors, annoying Leone more than losing tools. People running off and going rogue wasn't going to help them succeed, but alas, now there were three.

Taigakitt Taigakitt The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Lost Echo Lost Echo

(OOC: Nitro is an explosive liquid)

Last edited:
Daisy immediately got to her feet and began removing the strange, binding clothes, afraid of a repeat performance. A moment later she stood bare in the long shift and leggings she wore beneath her clothes, both sweat stained and dirty from her travels.

Daisy's eyes scanned the cell, the area outside, for clues as to what the hell just happened. A moment later, she remembered Kiel, and knelt down beside him.

"Are you alright?" She asked. Daisy tried to make sure Kiel's wound hadn't been aggravated by the rather abrupt and indelicate handling of them while they'd been bound. When Kiel was settled, she turned her head to the man across the way. "Why, Mr. Tammond? Are they inquisitors? Why did they do that to us? And with such a... roundabout, if effective method of ensnarement?"

Strangely, while surprised and frightened, she was almost happy that the shop keeper had been hostile. She knew where she stood with hostiles, interacting with a shopkeeper, while safer, was much less comfortable for her. She took a deep breath through her nose. She'd never been in a cell before, but she wouldn't be imprisoned or long. She had a job to do. She ran a hand across her ruined lips. No. Nothing could keep her bound long. Still kneeling next to Kiel, and listening for Tammond's answer, Daisy began scanning the cell for a stone or something else that could be use as a bludgeon of some sort. She didn't expect to be able to smash or fight her way free, but finding a tool was a start.

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Jet Jet

kiel2.png

Kiel Shan

Just as Kiel was ready to hand over the coin that Pozou had given him earlier that day, he felt the new clothing suddenly weighing down on his frame. "Wha-!" was all he could let out before falling to the floor with a thud. "What's going on?!" he called as he watched the shopkeeper closing the window blinds and locking the front door. He squirmed in the heavy fabrics bound around him, watching as the man approached with a box and pulled out two black hoods. "What do you mean?!" Kiel tried to ask after the man made mention of them being "safe," but was masked instead of getting an answer.

He felt himself being dragged across the wooden floor, all the while kicking and writhing in his binds, shouting for help and answers. After the dragging had stopped, Kiel felt himself being frisked, during which he resolved to somehow break a limb free from the heavy clothes while the man was feeling around. Sadly, that was just wishful thinking, and before he knew it, the shopkeeper had finished his search and was stepping away from them. A moment of silence passed where he didn't hear any footsteps before he felt himself plummeting downwards, similar to the sensation one may have in a dream before suddenly waking up. Kiel was fairly certain he was awake, but still prayed this was indeed some sort of nightmare which he would wake from right before hitting the ground, lest he meet his fate on impact.

Even though, unlike in the dreams, he did hit a bottom, it wasn't solid. The coldness of the water washed over him as he heard a splash on impact, and wet his skin and clothing. He tried his best to get himself to reemerge, but the clothes around him kept his arms and legs bound, and their weight pulled him down faster than his flailing could bring him up. By some miracle of the gods, Kiel felt himself being pulled up as the air in his lungs was almost depleted. He took a deep breath in with a sharp and loud exhale when he felt his head break out from the water, letting out a few coughs. While being carted away, Kiel was too busy catching his breath and making sure he was still alive to question what was happening. Only when his hood was removed by a large man with a beard did he think to ask any questions.

"What's happening?! Why are you doing this to us?!" Once again, he got no answers, instead getting cuffs slapped onto his wrists. He was then thrown into a cell with his companion before the man snapped his fingers in a similar gesture as the shopkeeper to return the weight of clothing to normal. As the bars were shut before them, the light blue haired man scrambled up to them, still on the ground, and once again calling out for answers. He pulled at the bars, not honestly expecting them to budge, but hoping once again for a miracle.

His vain actions were stopped when he heard an unfamiliar voice call out from behind him. He turned around to look in the direction it came from to see a rugged man standing in the corner. He introduced himself before warning them against using magic. Kiel grimaced at the wound he had received from his attempt when he showed it to them. Honestly, Kiel was too panicked to think to use it, but was thankful nonetheless for the warning, as to prevent him from trying it after he could once think logically.

When Daisy came over to check on him, the adrenaline he was feeling had dissipated. Only then did he remember his leg, which sent shooting agony up his body from the trauma it had just experienced. He winced and let out a hiss, but still answered Daisy with an affirmative, "yes. How about yourself?"

Only when Daisy started to question Tammond did Kiel take a moment to take in his surroundings. They were in some decrepit cell with poor lighting and a pungent odor. Unlike Daisy, he felt confused and hurt by the shopkeeper's actions. He had seemed so friendly, and with such a discerning eye surely he could support himself without getting involved in whatever shady business this was. While Daisy proactively looked for an escape, the desert man instead found himself too preoccupied with processing these feelings of betrayal.

He then remembered something their cellmate had said. "You asked if this was our first time," he said, turning to the man. "Does that mean this has happened to you before? Is this some sort of common practice in Stone's Throw?"

Jet Jet Fred Colon Fred Colon

Calicus
eedf7b184e2a1174143d08fb9b2c8aa2.jpg

Bones popped when Calicus strode across the square, showing his obscene age. Being old had advantages though, people allowed him to walk through doors first which was nice. He could also scream at people and blame dementia, not to mention senior discounts. But even though his age preceeded creation events and dwarven curses, he made haste when someone shouted for a guide. Centennials needed money too of course, and showing visitors around made enough.

Dashing through crowds at over one mile an hour, he approached obvious tourists who stood near the stone. They were blatant outsiders, drawing out warmth he rarely showed — because outsiders tipped better than locals. Calicus grinned when waving the golden geese down, then straightened his back with a boney crunch before introducing himself. "A guide you seek and a guide you've found, I can give you a peek and show you around!" His raspy tone carried mysterious wonder, like dramatic oracles from ancient legends.

"The tour is free but tips are encouraged, and being a miser is very discouraged!" He humorously added, following a comedic routine honed over many years. The purple ranger immediately answered "YES OF COURSE" and devoured her dessert, looking extremely eager to begin. He was eager too and nodded when she agreed, anticipating good money from enthusiastic customers. Then he bounced his gaze from person to person and rhymed, "What do you say what's your decision? To your forested friend I suggest you all listen!"

He paused a moment and became serious for once, explaining more about himself thereafter. "You can call me Calicus. I've been workin' here twenty years, so I know these parts better than anyone else. And I know where to find Giant bones!" He extended a weak bow to complete the opener, lowering his head several inches... unable to go deeper because of countless, untreated medical conditions he somehow survived.

Taigakitt Taigakitt Pik Pik Sarahspn Sarahspn Lost Echo Lost Echo Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Attachments

• eedf7b184e2a1174143d08fb9b2c8aa2.jpg
    eedf7b184e2a1174143d08fb9b2c8aa2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back