• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Well of Wishes | Main IC | [Closed]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
pirate?.pngpirate.jpg

Yes, I’m fine, thank you,” Rose said, taking Jane into her arms. She breathed a sigh of relief when her sister settled in her arms. “I would like to get Jane back to camp, but someone must stay with the syphid. She didn’t say anything useful but maybe we could get information out of her. We can carry her and Liam back at the same time when we get the cart.” She said, brushing the hair out of Jane’s face before turning her cold eyes to meet Amalia’s. Turning to Kuma, Rose slightly nodded. “You’re right. A lake is not normal for a syphid. Maybe something is happening back home in the sea.” Rose thought out loud, furrowing her brow.

Looking towards Freya, Rose nodded at the woman’s concerns. “I agree that she should be punished. She almost killed two of our members, but she has info that could be useful. Could you please watch her and Liam while we’re gone? If she gives you trouble, don’t hold back.” Rose asked, giving her a small smile. Looking past Freya, she nodded towards Helena. “Thank you, be safe.” She said as she watched the group walk away towards the island. She hoped they would stay safe as they searched for the healing herbs and Rose let out a small sigh. “We’ll be back soon, Freya,” she said before turning towards the woods.

After minutes of walking, Rose and Amaila finally arrived back to the camp and the sister made a beeline for her tent. Laying Jane on the ground, Rose frowned, tears welling up in her eyes. Taking a deep breath she pushed the emotions away and began making Jane comfortable. "Mmm, Rose?" Jane whispered, slightly waking up. "Jane! Thank the gods!" Rose said, a small tear escaping her eye as she hugged her sister. "What happened?" the younger sister asked, groaning a little when she moved. "Shh you're okay, don't move. Some syphid attacked us and Liam and Kuma saved you. Helena and I took care of the syhpid." she said, giving her a small smile. "Just rest. Amalia and I are going to get Liam, he's hurt as well but, we'll be back soon, I promise." She continued before giving Jane a small kiss on the forehead. Jane nodded and gave Rose a small smile. The older sister stood up and left the tent. "We need someone to watch her." She said, looking towards Amalia.

Mentions: EldridSmith EldridSmith Jet Jet
Interactions: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Lost Echo Lost Echo Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

knight1.jpgknight2.jpg

Amalia Winters

As expected, Amalia's suggestion of taking their attacker with them was not popular. Extracting information was indeed one of the reasons she wanted to but also her morals as a soldier compelled her. Even if they were an enemy, never let a soldier die on the field. Not all soldiers in the Marsh Gates believed in it for benevolent reasons but they followed it. Incapacitated opponents would be brought back and nursed to health and then usually end up as prisoners. Like part of Amalia's reasoning, it was for interrogation purposes, although they also did it to have free extra laborers. Thankfully, her companions were willing to humor her. Freya would keep an eye on Liam and the syphid, although she assured them that if the aquatic woman made one false move she would cut her down. Amalia couldn't argue with those terms; she managed to preserve the teal-skinned woman's life for the time being but if she willingly tried to throw it away then there was no more the knight could do. As for where a syphid should and shouldn't be, Amalia couldn't say. Her extent of schooling in history and foreign affairs mostly centered on how the Marsh Gates was supreme and anyone who got in their way should be torn down.

She show her usual solidarity with a silent nod from her armor when Rose assured her that she was okay and gave Freya her best wishes in a manner much the same when Rose wished for her safety. Despite the older pirate sister saying she was okay, Amalia still kept an eye on her as they returned to the camp through the trees. She believed Rose was capable but it was now dark and she was sure the redhead had been shaken up with the encounter she just had. The knight would make sure to step in if the woman stumbled or if carrying Jane was becoming too strenuous for her but otherwise she stayed a few steps behind so that Rose could find comfort with her injured family member.

Upon returning to camp, while Rose returned Jane to their tent, Amalia looked through the other tents that were set up and tried to remember which belonged to who in their incursion. To avoid causing unnecessary annoyance, she would only wake those who were medically trained or were physically strong to help with the current situation. Thankfully, one who was the former was already awake.

"Excuse me," Amalia said, approaching the group of night owls. Among them was the human dancer, Kiel, and the one she was looking for: Pozou. Another unfamiliar Quetzola was standing among them though as well as an unfamiliar woman with ears of a feline and a brown mule beside her. Normally, Amalia would want to investigate these newcomers who had wandered into their encampment but they had more pressing matters. "I know it's late and I apologize for troubling you at this hour but a few of our companions were injured," she said to the male avian. "Would you mind taking a look at them?"

Not long after, Rose returned to her side after presumably putting Jane to rest. "I think we have someone for the job," Amalia said before returning her attention to the Quetzola. It was somewhat manipulative to put the pressure of two people asking for his services on him now but a life lost was worse than some impoliteness. Amalia's eyes then spotted a cart behind the girl with the mule. "We also have two more who are wounded but are too heavy to carry back," she explained. "Would it be possible for us to use your cart for a few moments to retrieve them?" She then turned to Rose. "Do you have some rope? We'll need to restrain the syphid."

Sarahspn Sarahspn Taigakitt Taigakitt Arcanist Arcanist Rogue Savior Rogue Savior Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Nezumi leaned up into the large finger as it ran small strokes over the top of her head. It helped ease her worry on her bonded’s latest adventure. The Matu had done many since coming to this strange land, but perhaps this ‘quest’ would have the longest impact. Even with her lengthened years, the rat preferred to focus on the immediate happenings. To separate made sense, someone had to keep an eye on the electric beast, and nothing was getting Nezumi on that island alone. The others’ response solidified that truth. It was strange to feel second hand the short term connection, but she did not begrudge them; it did not last long, and Kuma was hers.

A small whiff of air was released in amusement, as Nezumi nodded her head, allowing her whiskers to brush the roughened skin of this woman’s hand. It was definitely a preferred reaction for humans. She was nearly at her maturity though, cute was for pups. As the arm lifted, the rat encircled it, easily keeping her balance on the layers of her armor. Breaking off at her shoulder, she switched sides, climbing over her fur--imagine having enough to weave like that--to avoid inhibiting easy access to the woman’s weapon. From the opposite shoulder, she watched as the others...just left? What of the creature? Her understanding of the tongue was enough to know they would not kill the beast, but to just leave it there? Uncaged or tied? Not even leashed? /What fools are this?/ the chitters were louder this time, each word sharper as she bit them out. She would have to get the woman to fix it. There were no vines, which admittedly made it more difficult for snakes to hide--her nose shifted towards the huge monster. Could she get him tied too?

Sending her dilemma to Kuma, who was in awe of the elf girl’s magic, she got a suggestion, ~“Ayana does not carry a fishing rod,”~ the mental image of one was included, as if that would aid her, ~“She was at first, she must have dropped it near the snake.”~ Here, the Matu breathed in deeply. Ayana’s scent was throughout her magic, and Nezumi’s nose was strong enough to find it even without the tang all magic had.

Even from the shoulder, the rat could distinguish the elf. Jumping down, she began to run immediately upon hitting the sand. Her whiskers twitched, allowing her to avoid obstacles, such as the deep impressions of footprints. She froze at the large body, unwilling to get closer. She had practice overcoming instincts, and with the knowledge the electric beast was more of a danger, she skirted the snake to her goal. She pressed her nose into the contraption--outsiders needed the strangest things. Carefully, she grasped the hook, which was tasty with the residue of fish, in her teeth, pulling gently. The wrapped thread released its load easily. Excellent. For a moment more, she considered attempting to tie the snake. The hook was near one of his burns, which was likely worse for the sand in it. She decided he must be too wounded to attack...though he would likely need food to recover, even small bites. She began pulling the hook and thread to the large woman.

9974bc8bc3ef11719753a03e31eebae5.jpg
20200731_153539.jpg

Krakthoom roared, struggling to stand as blood sprayed from weeping wounds. The flow was uncontrollable and nightmarish, soaking the hunters who'd damaged old Boar Boss with a combined assault. Daisy would endure the spraying more than others, as she was directly below a large gash in the boar's stomach, but Lorrin and Stone were far from unblemished by the unending red waves — where was the nearest laundromat again?

Good mages could remove tough stains from clothing, including the satanic
ménage à trois of blood, red wines and tomato-based sauces. And such a mage was needed even more now, as another stream sprayed from monstrous veins like water through a cracked dam. The hunters were getting drenched because of how close they were to the source it was absolutely disgusting. And it was equally hilarious to horrible people like Radameer who cackled from afar, watching the hunters become breathing tomatoes.

Radameer could see the tomatoes were winning, and writing was on the wall that Krakthoom was screwed. So he moseyed down towards the battling group, happy his hard work was done and that the monster would pass soon, but steeled strength sustained him at Radameer's annoyance. The beast even bucked once to remove Stone without success, showing unexpected vitality in the face of many wounds. He wanted to follow with another aggressive defense too, but exhaustion from blood loss was too strong. He found nothing but a small ember when searching for energy, mustering only the strength to charge forward one last time. His loopy run was undefined and targeted nothing in particular — with no place or enemy in mind. There was no purpose in his movements anymore, only serene calm and nostalgic memories.

Krakthoom was eleven months old in his fondest recollection, running through the forest with his original pack. Back then there were dozens around him he adored, from eleven siblings to strong parents and packmates he relied on. There were many he remembered from long ago, and he hoped to run with them again soon — he really hoped he would. Those days were so... simple.

Then he crashed into the ground, dead.

Across the forest, a large baby boar raised his head and accepted an invisible crown. In due time he would replace the dead king, but for now the seat was empty — Radameer couldn't be happier! "Sweet mother that was one show you folks put on!" he went with unhealthy excitement, rushing the dead boar with glee. "Don't feel too bad bout the kill ya sad saps, this boar been killed at least sixty innocent people" he explained, and with a casual wave he created a large wind-blade. With a second wave he dropped the blade against Krakthoom's neck and separated his head from torso. "Old Rada doesn't back down on his words now, you just head on back to ya camp and I'll bring ya them trinkets I mentioned" he added as the boar's head rolled, accompanied by the visible wind blade dissolving into nothingness.

"Just put a stick in front ya tent, stickin up from the dirt! Then I'll know whos tent is whos ya know? I'll sneak ya camp n' toss rewards into the tents when I feel like it. None-ya gonna rush old Rada when this head needs treatment" he added, levitating the boar's head with more wind magic. The sudden display of arcane attunement would probably surprise the hunters, amusing Radameer as he began his victorious walk home.

Pik Pik BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Taigakitt Taigakitt Fred Colon Fred Colon

Last edited:
within moments and the team effort of both Pozou and Kiel. the mule remained calm through the process of healing that they made the mule albeit scared at first slowly calmed down as the cleaning and bandaging of her legs were made, the mule afterward seems to have been relieved of the pain that came with the itching from the soon to become an infection, the mule almost seems happy that that was no longer the case she felt albeit a bit different from the feeling of bandages wrapped around her legs. for now see relaxes, thanks them by rubbing their head towards her healer in an affectionate matter, the mule for what's worth was given treatment and even a snack so for what it's worth she feels like her her new companions are friends worth keeping

Screenshot_1.png

the young girl smiles looking at the rest "well being taken in by a church I learned that their's good and bad people in this world, there are those who attack indiscriminately of what you are, what your race is or if you brought ill intent or not. but you all seem kind. when I was little being taken by that same church the woman that took me in when I was little always said to not skim on food, so I've always made more than enough. and if there is leftover I can always pack them in an icebox and used the ingredients for more creative snacks later on"

within some time and eating her fair share of the snacks she brought lotus looks at the mule, she looks amazed at the handiwork those two were able to contribute helping the mule, she offers a hug to them both, as she approaches her hood falls to the side, revealing cat-like ears not just that they seem quite warm and cozy to the touch despite the more cold climate from the night she stumbles back for a moment, her ears dropping a bit not knowing what this revelation this might bring to them, her hands going from the motion of a hug to holding them behind their back. she looks back at them and to the mule who seems to be really friendly at this point in time. with a somewhat soft downcasted expression she replies to them. being used to being told to leave once people saw what she really was she replies

"thank you for taking good care of my girl here... when you said that I was indeed different you weren't wrong... I am what I am but... I'm no thief, I'm just a traveler trying to live life the best way I can... i care not for taking what's not mine... i don't have a lot but I worked hard to get what I have... I hope you won't hate me for hiding that part of me... but for me this is survival, if not for the help of others every so often theirs no telling how far behind I would have stayed... hopefully, you won't mind me staying for the night"

lotus does not think of them as bad people, quite the contrary she feels grateful to have finally find strangers that showed kindness to them, it has been a tough journey, she has passed by many cities during her life, many of which she was not welcome in, she hopes her new companions continue to show a kind disposition to them, for it is not her fault to have been born the way she was.

Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Arcanist Arcanist Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Freya Hamrammr

FreyaCrop.pngThe rat she was asked to watch was quite the chatterbox, Freya decided. Just chitter-chattering away about something. She couldn’t help but grin at the small squeaks.

As her gaze stayed upon the syphid unconscious on the ground, she could hear a faint unwinding sound. Looking in the direction, she could see the rat dragging the line of the fishing rod towards her.

Her brows shot up, “I can’t really fish right now, but you gave me an idea, Little One.

She stepped closer, careful to not step on Nezumi, keeping a side eye on the murderous fish on land. Reaching down, she went to take the hook from the rat, “Here, let me take that so you don’t hook herself.

As long as the rat didn’t do anything to prevent Freya from taking the hook, she would pick up the rod in one hand, keeping the hook in the other. She didn’t want to accidentally hook herself, Liam, or the rat.

Checking how much line she had, she determined it was enough to restrain the killer fish for now.

She knelt down next to the unconscious syphid, and starting with her hands, she’d work to tie them behind her back, as tight as she could. She went to tie legs together, but then saw that it was unnecessary, as there were no legs to tie together.

Last edited:
Yo Saiwa

YoFC.jpgCrashing could be heard nearby, the sound of falling trees reaching Yo’s slightly pointed ears.

Wiping the back of her hand across her cheeks and nose, she looked in the direction of the noise. The events prior to her being knocked out flooded her memory. She thought she had heard some of her friends shout for her, prior to being smacked into a tree.

Which would mean!?

She pushed off from the tree, hissing at the pull on her back. Ignoring it, she took off running in the direction of the crashes. Not wanting to drop the random piece of jewelry that she had, she put the necklace on, which sat above her own.

Soon, she crashed into a clearing. The first thing her golden gaze landed on were the downed trees, splintered and dangerous.

Concerned now that the boar had done his damage and ate everyone, she scrambled up onto a fallen log to get a better view. It wasn’t difficult to find the boar by this point, though he was missing a head.

Next to the body were three red figures. Upon closer inspection, they were covered in blood.

Worried for their well-being, she crouched down to hop off the log. She turned around and slipped down, trying not to trip.

Once her feet were firmly planted back on the ground, she turned around, then started running towards them, uncaring for her own pain and appearance- a torn shirt was nothing compared to being drenched in blood.

Are you okay!?

• 337d1ade0c87309357ca6c17a9e4172a.jpg

Tags:
    Ayana ( Jet Jet ) Kuma ( Lost Echo Lost Echo ) Jace ( MythyDW MythyDW ) Pozou ( Arcanist Arcanist (Mentioned))
    ~ Island ~
    Terncliff Theme || Helena's CS File

A chill to the bone was silenced with the weight of a shackle. The expanding flame was but a parlor trick that resonated with her as she felt her eyes drawn to the lanturn. Her breath synchronized with the flame as she bit back the urge to touch it. Would it grow from her touch? Not at all, though she wished it so.

She turned to thank Kuma for her efforts before she halted her words as the woman. Her first instinct to hearing it had only been done on animals was of course to reject it. Yet the cold slowed her movements even as the flame helped to bring the color back to her face. Before she could draw a weapon she found her wrist grasped by the tentacle-like appendage of Kuma’s. Every second a new bodily horror appeared from the woman, just who was she.

Yet her split second of disgust and rejection were washed away as the warmth of the bond came in. For a second she felt the mirror of her own determination, and of a respect she herself had never held. Odd. Infuriatingly intrusive. Still she let the bond sit, not attempting to throw the woman out. She wondered just how much that said about her, still she was never one to risk what was unnecessary. If the woman wished to pry around in her soul it was a small price to pay for the warmth that fueled her life. It wasn’t necessary long as Ayana seemed to generate a spell that negated the effects of the iceland.

“Thank you Kuma, Thank you Ayana. Kuma I do believe that this will be unnecessary now?”

She motioned to the tentacle surrounding her wrist. She didn’t mind the thing when necessary but she had no intention of keeping it while unnecessary. She let her own gratefulness seep in before the connection cut. She heard Ayana’s quip and looked at the girl with a tilt of her head. Oh right she had never mentioned to the girl, she never mentioned much to anyone other than Richard that she had familiarity with the desert.

“Northerners perhaps…”

She walked last letting the others lead the way. If worse came to worse she had the trident she acquired but it was unlikely to be much of a weapon in her hands. Luckily for the group it seemed the frigid temperatures limited the local fauna. Yet somehow it did less for the flora, she would love to study it and its effects but she didn’t have the time. She ran her fingertips along a patch of bark.

She clipped off a few twigs with leaves and placed them into a small bag intending to bring them back to analyze with Pozou. She heard a shout when Jace went falling down. His leg was covered in ice as it seemed to form around him. Eternal Winter, it seemed. She rushed forwards grabbing his forearm to stop his struggling.

“Stop struggling you fool! You’ll only allow hypothermia to quicken it’s grasp.”

She supposed he was lucky enough to have Ayana here. If this was what they would deal with but a few strides in she certainly was glad that she tagged along. It seemed that for all his words the journey was not without its dangers.

syphid_final.png

Celestine Oceania

Celestine had been out cold for long enough for most of the group to disperse. Only when she felt herself being turned over and some pulling and chaffing around her wrists did stir. When her eyes opened she was clueless as to where she was and what happened. It took her a moment to remember. Oh right. That stupid pink-haired land dweller cheated and used a sedative on her. Hell, the rest of the land dwellers were dirty cheaters as well, ganging up on her to fight. They were cowards as well, as even though they outnumbered her they still felt the need to call for help. No wonder they were ruining the sea.

One thing didn't add up though... when she woke up, she expected to be floating in water, either staring at the lakebed or the sky. Instead, she was on the shore, laying on her stomach and covered in sand. She tried to push herself off of the ground but found that she couldn't move her arms from behind her back. She attempted to struggle to pull them apart but whatever was binding her started to press painfully into her wrists.

The syphid let out a groan as she gave up, turning her head to notice a woman standing not too far from her. She was one of the reinforcements, Celestine identified.

"So, your superiors left you on look out?" she asked. "Are they off corrupting some other part of the world? Are disappointed you couldn't take part?" Honestly, it was a surprise to her that she was left alive. As far as she knew, land dwellers were savages whose violence knew no bounds. They killed not only on accident from their lack of self-control, but also just for enjoyment. What would that mean for Celestine then, she wondered. Were they planning on taking her back to their home to torture for their sick sadistic kicks? Or were they planning on cooking her and eating her, as she certainly knew land dwellers weren't above eating other creatures of sapience.

Taigakitt Taigakitt

Drowning in blood. It wasn't the problem that Daisy had expected when she stabbed the boar, but it was still a problem. She peeled her blood drenched bandanna from off of her face before the cloth smothered her. It smacked a tree with an unpleasantly squishy 'splat'. Her face was still covered in the blood that seeped through. Hopefully that would be enough to conceal her ruined lips and cheek. It would do little, however, to hide her teeth that were eternally bared in a snarl, no flesh left in some places to hide them. But either way she didn't care. She was too tired. She only hid them to be polite, anyway.

She was bumped, battered and bruised. She'd kept her spear in the boar as long as she could, and the beasts forward momentum and yanked her from the hole and dragged her a short way along the ground. She staggered back to her feet. Everyone seemed to be in one piece, which was good.

A random old man was babbling something about sticks and tomatoes. He had some skill with wind magic, however, so while likely mad, Daisy did think he might deliver on his promise.
"Are you ok?!" Yo cried out. More than the circumstances, Daisy was embarrassed by meeting the other woman so soon after she stormed off.
"I am fine." Daisy said,"But I'm in dire need of a bath. I've a number of cuts and scrapes, and mixing blood can be dangerous, so I'd like to clean them out before anything untoward happens. How are you doing, Yo? And the rest of you? Nice work slaying the boar. It seems I'm queen of the tomatoes."

She looked back at the mad old man and the now headless beast and frowned. That thing could have killed all of them. It was a miracle that the worst they had were a few scrapes and a whole lot of blood, most of it not theirs.

Vaaltari of Jata

Upon seeing Obsidian had settled the matter of getting the others across Vaaltari landed on the other side securing the rope to a protrusion of stone so as to keep it taut to allow the others the opportunity to use it as security

Hearing Myrrea's comment however, the Matugna's lower jaw visibly shifted behind his mask. As if considering an act to take that msy have been bad or not. He didn't quite favor those jeers and jabs even if they were in jest and humor, they weren't funny. Not to him at least, and judging from Gwen's brief reaction, she had not found it amusing either. Perhaps he would do something. Maybe later though. For now he turned his attention to the others as they crossed and then looking to Obsidian he patted her on the shoulder. "Much appreciated for your concern. Fret not though, I know quite well my limits." Moving onwards, he followed the trail Myrrea had went on.

Mentions: N/A

Interactions: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Jet Jet Lost Echo Lost Echo Sarahspn Sarahspn

Pozou Artith
Mentions: River Group | Interactions: Rogue Savior Rogue Savior (Lotus), Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Kiel/Amalia), Sarahspn Sarahspn (Rose)

Porou 2.jpg
Pozou had been glad for Kiel's help. You'd have thought, having trained as a doctor, that he would have learned to both comfort and operate with ease. The extra pair of hands proved an immense help, for both came away unscathed and without a single cloppering. Not bad for his first animal patient. As he came away from Baguette, he chuckled at Kiel and he nodded, "Agreed. We should take advantage of such hospitality while it's being offered to us."

The Quetzola had listened to Lotus's explanation of being taken in by the church, and how she was taught not to discriminate others for who or what they are. It sounded as if some parts of Centos would have benefited from the same lessons, but he was glad there were at least a few more people in the world who had developed such a mindset. "Sounds as if you know your way around food then," he chuckled.

Soon enough, he approached the spread with Kiel, unsure of where to start. He figured he would opt for something light. Eating late had always brought on bloating and...well, other worse things that he had rather not subject his tentmate too. He hadn't even noticed Lotus's hood falling, nor the appearance of her tail, until she had began speaking. He glanced around and he froze slightly, unsure what to make of the sight.

Pozou didn't hate Moavset. He would have been a hypocrite if he did. But let's just say Quetzola hadn't very many great stories to share about them. A few in his village always spoke of them in a way that they were to be feared. One too many scary stories resurfaced in his mind, overtaking it as he only caught snippets of Lotus's words. When he realised he hadn't been listening fully, he stammered a response, "Oh, well, uh, there's nothing wrong with that, I think..." Though, before he could try and save himself, he noticed the fishing group having returned...and with Rose rushing into the tent with her sister, Jane. He blinked, until Amalia approached him. He listened to her request, and noticing a few of them were injured, hadn't hesitated to give affirmation.

"Not at all," he answered, even after Amalia had assured the others she had found someone for the job. Pozou grabbed his bag, which had been in the process of being packed up anyway. Seemed his skills were being put to good use this evening. First Kiel, Baguette, now Jane too, it seemed. Without another word, and without needing to asked, Pozou quickly moved to the pirate sisters' tent, and parted some of the cloth.

"It's Pozou," the Quetzola reassured them, should they think it was someone else. It was a tight squeeze, but he managed to manoeuvre into the tent with his belongings. He looked to Rose, opening his bag as he began to gather some remedies. "Tell me what happened, and we'll go from there."[/COLOR]

matilda-fiship-tacher.jpg

Aedzel Phriln

"It's fine, I... Had a hard time sleeping anyway." She said to Kiel, dismissing his apologies politely as there really wasn't anything to apologize for. She merely watched and listened by the sides, well, that is if her mind wasn't drifting to places she never wants to go to and put her in a trance. Things she doesn't want to be reminded of.

The smell of food wafts in the air and brought her attention back to reality. Kiel and Pozou were right, there was a lot of food and it was amazing that this traveler in front of them was able to cook something that truly looked delicious. When was the last time she had a meal like this? Just the mere smell that invaded her nose made her hungrier than she thought.

Aedzel approached, taking a piece and finding joy at the taste of freshly cooked food. "This is delicious." She commented, finding some form of comfort with the meal. Giving Lotus a a smile, it wasn't sincere but it was probably the sincerest that she could give.

The sun-feathered Quetzola watched as Lotus walked away, in full view of when her hood fell to her shoulders and revealed a set of ears. It didn't bother her that the woman in front of her was a Moavset but she hated listening to Lotus's monologue, if she wasn't acting so nicely she wouldhave rolled her eyes and left. In a way she was in the same postion as the Moavset... But he catfolk by the cart has a better reason for lying than she does.

She flinched when people came over, people that Pozou recognised and by extension, Kiel too, most likely. She can't deny that she felt quite overwhelmed by the people and the injuries they brought with them. It made Aedzel wndeer just what does these people do, but from the interactions it was clear that her old friend grew up to be a practitioner of medicine. She felt useless, watching everything happen. It's not like she has any skill to offer too.

She looked over to Lotus, "Hey..." Her voice was loud enough to be heard but steady despite whats hapening. "They're asking if they can borrow your cart to retrieve their other injured companions."

mention: || interaction: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Arcanist Arcanist Rogue Savior Rogue Savior Sarahspn Sarahspn

Their guide seemed to fall into insults easily. They were aiding Myrrea; even if it were merely profit for them all, which still sat oddly in her, she needed them. Why was she acting so mean? Secretly Obsidian could see why the previous groups had left. Already her barbs were hurting the group. She should say something to the cat.

Obsidian waited as Gwen crossed. At the woman’s first slip, she stepped onto the makeshift bridge, as if to help, but her staff caught her instead. Sharing a glance at Leone, who must be more worried than her (of course he had to be--golems could not have true emotions), she waited for Gwen’s call of safety.

She went next, assuming Leone must be last to retrieve his rope. She could feel the last echoes of her magic beneath her feet, confident in its strength. The water had already drenched the stones, and after one foot got slipped into the water, Obsidian kept a hand on the rope to stability. Gwen had climbed the hill, leaving Vaal to accept her arrival. He thanked her, then began to catch up with the two. Before he could get far, she grabbed at his arm, “You’re not alone anymore.” Letting him go, she turned, to wait for Leone to cross and gather his rope.

Last edited:
Okay, this was strange. Perhaps she didn’t think this through. When Ayana’s connection attached, she could tell part of the emotions she sent matched, but then things got muddled. Would it not work? Would the heat get through if the connection wasn’t true? Would Ayana’s magic make up the difference? Then determination met its match, pulling her attention that way. Something left a sour taste in her mouth, but Kuma could not guess at its source. That the syphid still breathed? The respect seemed to falter--obviously the mother didn’t respect her, but why would she need an outsider’s respect?--but the determination grew in its place, keeping the bond secure. The last, which she worried about the least--he’d admitted only hearing of these herbs secondhand, they could give him a burn and use trial and error if necessary--well, the loneliness was true.

It was uneven, this exchange. Whether it was they lacked Kukumita’s grace or were ignorant of how to bond, Kuma felt stretched, pulled in three directions as their bodies absorbed the heat. But it was working. Ayana seemed to blossom with the warmth and Helena’s shivering slowed before stopping. The male shook his head slightly? What the hell? She could have left him to freeze. Maybe she should have. She knew humans were unsheathed; surely if fingers would freeze off, that would follow.

Then Ayana spoke, drawing her attention, “It’s to share warmth. My home can easily fall to these temperatures, not all of our animals can survive them. I attempted to use emotions to make the connection.” She trailed off, seeing Ayana preparing a spell. Perhaps she should have elaborated more, for Freya certainly knew of Nezumi now, but keeping things simple, especially in front of strangers--she knew she’d need to ignore Helena’s opinion soon--was best.

Then the man thanked her, nodding this time with a smile. What did he think she’d not notice his rejection? Her other eyes were not hidden anymore. Then he began to walk away! Already feeling too stretched, Kuma released his arm, just in time to watch the magic. That was power. Ayana was clearly worthy of being Pack. Those genes, she was gorgeous. Her magic was strong enough that it likely created a barrier over her mind, making it a surprise any connection could be formed. Had Ayana had to open it herself? So many questions, “You’re incredible. That’s as good as a sun.”

Nezumi distracted her. While her opinion of Ayana and forest elves was skyrocketing, the humans still managed to drop lower. Rose could be excused, she had Jane to focus on, and probably didn’t expect the rest of them to be idiots. Suggesting the fishing wire, she inhaled the scent of the magic all around her. It was heavenly. She wanted to taste Ayana directly. As she absorbed the tentacle, she inverted it, running slime along its surface.

Helena spoke again, asking to be released, which Kuma did promptly, only catching part of the gratitude. To receive something back so clearly was a surprise. It helped sooth the disrespect; more likely her standards were just so high. After all she defeated that syphid so quickly. “Yes; definitely emergencies only.” The groan was still apparent, even with the thanks. it may have not hurt, but the weirdness would linger.

Kuma followed after Ayana studying the landscape. “Who made this place?” It was oddly even. No island was naturally this uniform. From behind, she could see Helena collecting samples. Did she recognize the trees? Kuma hadn’t even asked if anyone recognized the glowing ones. She’d assumed so, but as she knew of none in this strange land, it hadn’t mattered. The stones up ahead were obviously a barrier of some sort. Perhaps only physical, but even for that, it seemed overdone.

Then the man fell through. Or well only his foot. Kuma stared for a moment, as he freaked out. This was going to be another way too much blood occurrence, wasn’t it? At least she could wash. As Helena rushed forward, reprimanding him out of his panic, Ayana took what Kuma felt was the more reasonable approach. To question how they seemed to attract Kul’s chaos. “She was not bald,” Kuma replied in a deadpan voice, before following as the effort to save the man became a group one.

Distracting as the power of Ayana’s sun was--it was boiling it already--Kuma could not mistake the heat. Grimacing, she went to the man’s opposite side. There she worked on the remaining ice. It pulled up easily, having already softened. She refroze it, for melting ice was always slicker than fully frozen, then began to stack them beside her.

This continued twice before one stopped halfway, then contorted into a jagged ball. /Burn it all Nezumi, get out of there. Sencacd fjapdsf./ Her words might have been in her native tongue, but the cursing was obvious, even quiet as it was. “Should have just killed it” she muttered, throwing that one further away. She had to trust Nezumi to take care of herself; she was smart enough to be hidden within the forest.

Turning back to her task, she checked to see if the man had enough space to free himself. Strange. There wasn’t any red. Was his blood clear? Did that vary by sex? Vanessa was female, were all of those red? Her gaze glanced to Helena, what would she bleed? Or was it something else? Was he not human? “Are you hurt?” she asked, her diplomacy showing through.

Jet Jet MythyDW MythyDW BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

450a9b546bc25237a27c38d219d2fbc6.jpg

Leone raised eyebrows and hummed a curious hmmmm, watching the stranger launch across the cavern. Vaal's arm-extension was impossible for known races, posing unanswerable questions to the rogue. His main one was an obvious what the hell is this guy? Leone figured he wasn't from the seven recorded races, unless radical experimentation was involved — but even the best mage-doctors could only do so much. Alterations of this degree were impossible, and so the rogue was unsure what to think. He could only guess the truth when answering Gwen.

"I've never seen anything like that, even in the west. Maybe he's a new type of experiment from a medical mage? Or from the far east even?" he went, speaking over Obsidian's loud construction project. Her spell compressed rocks and muck into strong blocks, forming a stone bridge that crossed the river. Leone's rope was overshadowed by her massive spell, making it clear that caverns were her home environment. And even though the rogue played second fiddle to Obsidian, he was more impressed than jealous, half-nodding when the bridge was complete.

Never failing to make fun of his own situation, he looked between the rope and her bridge several times, saying "My line seems a little inadequate, but I can't place why that is?" He made sarcasm even more obvious when inspecting the rope with false intrigue, pretending to compare it against bridge. He even let a thoughtful moment pass, adding a more serious "many thanks bridge builder" while tugging his line once, checking strength before strolling to the river.

Leone's casual walk lasted only a few seconds — Gwen's stumble made sure of that. Knots squeezed his heart when she balanced on the edge, and he reached for throwing knives when her foot brushed the water. He would be ready to help if something attacked from below, and this was more than nerves speaking. It was no stretch to imagine monsters were bobbing below the water, waiting to pounce on unsuspecting prey.

Gwen however, was capable enough to remain standing, and a moment later she crossed the bridge without an issue. Looking back she confidently shouted "It's safe" — Leone smiled and returned a fate-tempting "It does look stable enough... what could possibly go wrong right?"

Then, with amused gods watching, he began the tumultuous crossing. His expensive boots provided the traction needed to remain standing, but soaked stones made things... interesting nonetheless. Every step was an opportunity to tumble overboard, making Leone scan the water for enemies in case footing betrayed him. He even caught a glimpse of one large orange eyeball, glowing gently below the surface. Whatever the creature was, Leone wasn't hanging around to sing kumbaya with it. Instead he doubled his pace and arrived soon after on the opposing shore, heading uphill to where the others assembled.

"Yes we're coming this century, but jot me down for the last decade of it eh?" He mentioned to Myyrea upon arrival, before approaching the next tunnel. "A whole new world is a bold claim, I hope you're right... and it seems we have one here who comes from a new world already" he continued, referencing Vaal with hands to hips, peering into the claustrophobic pathway. And with a gentle wave he advanced his Lumen spell into the abyssal opening, hoping to reveal any hidden dangers inside the darkness.

Sarahspn Sarahspn BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Lost Echo Lost Echo The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Last edited:
Freya Hamrammr

FreyaCrop.pngOnce Freya was set, she took to being a couple steps away, drawing her axe into her hands. She didn’t want to take more risk than they already were. She wasn’t about to ostracize herself from the group though. She gave her warning.

A sound from the fish reached her ears, which had her adjust her axe in hand as she stared hard at the creature.

Superiors?

This creature had some strange thought processes, but Freya wasn’t about to let her be provoked with words. It was stupid actions she was looking for.

You’re lucky the girl didn’t want to kill you for some damned reason, else you’d already be dead.” The girl she was referring to was Rose. Rose’s holding back honestly surprised Freya, what with her sister getting injured and all.

She didn’t provide an answer to those stupid questions, but she did warn out, “You make one move, a single twitch, you’ll regret it.” She didn’t want to even allow her that much.

syphid_final.png

Celestine Oceania

Celestine let out a snort. "You're trying to tell me you all left me alive as an act of mercy?" She let out a small chuckle. "Please. We syphids are well-versed in the sadistic and barbaric ways of you land dwellers. So tell me, what type of torture have I been 'lucky' enough to be kept alive for? Will you tear off my scales one by one and leave me to bake in the heat? Or are you planning on chopping me into segments and making me what as you start to devour me in my last moments?" Those were the least gruesome ways she had read of for ways that land dwellers tortured their victims.

"I'm surprised, honestly, that the pirates have managed to make so many powerful looking people their subordinates. What do they have over you? How are they threatening you?" The amusing idea of an amicable and symbiotic relationship between the group popped up in her head, to which she had to hold back a reaction of bursting into laughter. Every syphid across the seafloor knew that land dwellers didn't have the intelligence to form deals, and were too self-centered to help others from the goodness of their heart. No, just like among animals, it was a dog eat dog world out on land. Truly survival of the fittest. How were her people, with their superior intellect and ability to empathize, losing to such chaotic beings? Perhaps recognizing their own power and acting responsible with it was their downfall. Perhaps one couldn't survive in this world if they saw worth in every living being, even those lower than them, lest they be taken advantage of for the mercy they grant.

"... I know all the damage you cause is without purpose, but if there was someone who was heading your operation, I suppose congratulations would be due. If this person existed, soon enough their goal will be achieved. Much of the seafloor is dying and crumbling, and soon enough it'll be all void of life. It'll be one more place your destructive hand has reached. How much longer will it take, I wonder, until the whole world falls underneath the chaos you bring?" She let out a soft sigh. "... And I suppose I have a part to play in it as well. It's true I love my people, but I acted rashly, and now have doomed them all. It seems I wasn't quite ready to be a queen. I have no siblings either, so this is where the Oceania line will end." Celestine let out a chuckle. "Again, I know you didn't do it from the kindness of your heart, or even after consciously thinking about it, but allowing me to speak to you has made me more ready to accept my fate. For that, I must thank you, barbaric land dweller."

She considered doing what the giantess warned her not to, and moving around or separating her legs to provoke her. It would most likely be a swift death, and a much less painful one than what would come through the torture the land dwellers would put her through. An image played in her mind of her mourning father though, and her sorrowful people. She saw the state of her kingdom getting worse and worse, and her kind eventually dying out. This depressing outcome sparked a drive in her. No, she wouldn't give up. She would keep fighting until her very last breath. She would wait for an opening and find a way to escape, and show that the land dwellers' sadistic ways were their own downfall. She would live, and prove to the world that the civilized and responsible will always win out against the simple and chaotic.

Taigakitt Taigakitt

< Lost Echo Lost Echo Jet Jet BriiAngelic BriiAngelic >

Jace was quite surprised then the group of strangers came to his assistance - one melting the ice with her magic, another shifting the shards away from the skin and the third doing what he would later assume to be calming techniques. The moment one grabbed his shoulders he would shift and then stop moving as he realized that, for whatever reason, he wasn't alone.

Once he was able to remove his foot Jace flopped back for a moment before working to his feet. One of them asked if he was hurt and he offered her a small smile. "No... thank you, but I'm fine. You moved swiftly enough." he took in a deep breath and fished out a gold locket from beneath his clothes, kissing it once before stuffing it back in. "But if there's more spots like that we could have some issues..." Once more he took in a deep breath and closed his eyes, focusing magic inward. When he let out the breath it was low and slow, magic amplifying it to blow the top snow layer off. He took a moment to look at where his foot had been trapped before nodding.

"Right. It should be simpler now." he said as he noted the thin spots seemed to have air beneath them and thus could be spotted. "Just don't step on discolored sections and it should be fine." with that he stepped forward... once. Then he paused.

"Look... thank you. I really mean it. You could have kept going, left me behind. Wouldn't have been surprising..." he bit his lip. "If you're heading toward Almanor, maybe I can tag along. Get you a free stay outside of their inordinately priced inns."

With that said Jace would weave his way towards the structure - there weren't that many ice pits, to be fair, so it wouldn't be hard to avoid them. "We're looking for... small trees made of pure ice. That's what Rada said, at least. I assume they only look like that, not actually made of ice."

pirate?.pngpirate.jpg

Rose looked to the person Amalia found to help Jane. She studied the Quetzola and searched her brain to remember his name. Peter? Pongo? Pozou! She smiled a little when she remembered. “Thank you, Pozou.” Rose said, giving him a nod. She scanned the group of people behind them and noted the unfamiliar face. Putting her guard up, she turned back to Amaila. She asked about rope and Rose patted her pockets and belt. To her surprise, she pulled out a short rope that she had forgotten about. “It’s short but is enough to tie her fin up.” She said, handing the rope to the knight. Her attention was grabbed by Pozou who had already entered the tent that Jane was resting in. Following the Quetzola inside, she sat next to Jane facing the man.

Jane had fallen into a light sleep but awoke when she heard someone enter the tent. Opening her eyes, she expected to see her sister but to her surprise, she met eyes with one of the Quetzolas of the group. She gave Pozou a small smile and looked over to see Rose entering the tent as well. Jane reached her hand out slightly and Rose grabbed it, giving it a small squeeze.

Jane, Liam, and Kuma were in the lake about to play a game together. I had just joined them in the water but we heard a stranger's voice.” Rose began explaining, glancing over to Jane every now and then. Jane was listening carefully, having forgotten most of what had happened. “It was some syphid. I’ve interacted with my fair share of some but this one was bloodthirsty. She had sent a lightning bolt towards Jane but Kuma had created an ice wall. It stopped a direct hit, but the electrical currents in the water had uh-“ Rose’s breath hitched in her throat, thinking back to watching Jane fall lifelessly into the cold water. “They knocked Jane and Liam out cold. Then Helena, Ayana, and a few others showed up and helped me defeat the syphid. Freya stayed with Liam and the syphid to watch them while everyone else went to the island to gather things to heal everyone.” She finished, letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding in.

Looking over her sister's face and body, Jane noticed a few burns and cuts. “Rose.” She said quietly, reaching up to her sister's arms to look over the wounds. “I’m fine,” Rose said, reassuring her. Turning back to Pozou, Rose gave him a small smile that looked more like a grimace. "Can you heal her or keep her comfortable until Helena arrives?" She asked, regaining her composure.

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Arcanist Arcanist

• Asuramaru_confused_after_seeing_Krul.PNG.png

Tags:
    Stone, Yo ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Lorrin ( Pik Pik ) Daisy ( Fred Colon Fred Colon ) Rada ( Jet Jet ) Bjorn ( EldridSmith EldridSmith )
    ~ Ivory Forest ~
    Rotten Life || Roland's CS File

Blood covered the floor and everyone down there. He wanted nothing more than for whatever was blocking his sight from before to return. Blood was… was familiar. Time didn’t make things better, only easier to forget. Sickening. Fishing was so much easier on the mind. It was better the nothingness left, at least this way he’d see that Lorrin and Stone were still down there. Lorrin had a dagger in its stomach and it looked more like the thing exploded than it really was ended by a knife strike.

He took a deep breath and gagged but he had to. He repeated Helena’s words in his head. Blood is just dirty water. Blood is just dirty water. You either fix the leak or drain it completely. Oh gods, he hoped that all that blood was the boars. He jumped down from his perch on the tree.

He scanned everyone seeing they were still on their feet. Okay he could do this. He was going to ask if they were okay when Radameer started to monologue. He wanted to tell the old man that he shouldn’t go off alone until he started to levitate the head. He let it go. The old man was suspicious, he didn’t really trust these trinkets. At least the boar was dead. He didn't have the chance to ask anyways as it seemed Miss Yo had found them. He slipped out from behind the tree as she asked if the three were okay

“The boar was an issue, but at least our hunting trip was successful. We should… we should see if we can find a river too.”

He put his daggers away back into the sheathes hooked at his boots. He went to lift the boar expecting it to be a struggle but not to the level he found. Hesitantly he grabbed it by it’s shoulders and found that it was not going to move with him alone. He looked down at the boar and then back to the others. He let it go as his hands were now covered in it’s blood.

“Ummm. If we want to eat it we probably shouldn’t drag it but I don’t think we’re moving it any other way. Unless you also have some wind magic ma’am?”

Last edited:
1601741081505.pngOf course, the human thought she was an idiot; at least she was nice. And she did her job; the arms of the beast were tied. But then the electric beast awoke. Filtering out her bonded’s cursing, she fled into the underbrush, the darkened leaves concealing her dark form. The large woman filled her role well, threatening the monster. As the only witness, the rat hoped she would not waste the opportunity. Though the kind to flee threats, Kuma and Nezumi knew to kill them if the chance arose. The fish creature was large; it would help feed the group. More than the rest filling the lake.

Once more, she started ranting. Nezumi merely let the words flow to Kuma: their meaning incomprehensible to the rat. The Matu let most of it pass without notice, focused on the surroundings around them. She got the general gist: she was expecting torture--what did she know?--and felt the sisters were in charge? Her attention wavered from Jace’s reassurance and caution as her tales of destruction bleed through. Even Nezumi understood the concept of a Princess. Which led to the question; where was her Tanaka? Her guard? The expectation of torture made more sense at least.

Nezumi could not smell another form similar to hers. She wished she could warn the large woman of the possibility. She seemed intuitive; hopefully, she would also realize a Princess would not venture alone. Even with her monstrous electricity. Nezumi began to shift around the leaves, circling the lake. If there was another, unknown scent, she would find it.

Kuroko.Tetsuya.full.1952762.jpgknight1.jpgknight2.jpg

Kiel Shan Amalia Winters

Upon hearing Lotus's words, Kiel was happy to know that the leftovers wouldn't be going to waste. Food was precious in the desert, so his tribe only hunted and foraged for enough to fill themselves for the current meal. They definitely never had enough to cook up such a banquet such as this. With a lighter conscience, the light-blue-haired man helped himself to some of the eggs.

The reveal of Lotus's ears didn't elicit any sort of reaction from Kiel. In fact, he found himself confused as to why the woman was suddenly bashful and why Pozou now seemed somewhat hesitant. When the woman mentioned her past of living with a woman of the cloth and being raised on good morals yet still thought of as a thief, Kiel couldn't help but ask, "really? I wonder why that is..." His tribe never paid any heed to the stories told about other races, nor did he even know if any about the felines made their way down to the desert. "I have no issues with that," he said when the woman asked to stay with them through the night, "although I'm not sure if we have any extra tents..."

Before he could start eating though, the group of four was joined by the armored knight Amalia. He also noticed behind her that the pirate woman Rose was carrying her sister back to their tent. He recalled they had gone to the lake in order to spend some time relaxing, and figured that Jane had simply fallen asleep. He assumed the others were still enjoying themselves by the lakeside, despite the sun having set awhile ago, although Amalia told a different story.

"I see..." he muttered upon hearing what had happened. When Rose returned, it seemed Pozou was once again called upon for his skills. His light-blue-eyes wandered over to the tent that Pozou made his way over to and he wondered if he should join. When he saw the man duck down and enter though, he looked down at his bandaged leg and thought about how much pain that would cause him. Opting to stay here with the others, Kiel hoped that Pozou would understand his selfish decision.

After Rose had procured some rope and Lotus gave her and Amalia permission to use her cart, they set off with it to bring back the other wounded. "We'll have to find a clearing to the river and then follow it down to the lake," the knight said. After unloading Lotus's belongings, she then started dragging it to an opening in the trees with Rose accompanying her.

Thankfully, the two women were able to come to the riverside fairly quickly, and although it took longer to get to the lake by following the river, it didn't take too much time to arrive at the lakeside. Amalia had made sure to pull the cart with all her strength as well, knowing time was of the essence when it came to treating the wounded.

"We've brought a cart," she said to Freya when the taller woman came into sight. "Hopefully you had no trouble watching the syphid." This comment earned her a glare from Celestine, but it wasn't one she could easily see since the undersea woman only moved her eyes in order to comply with Freya's orders.

Taigakitt Taigakitt Sarahspn Sarahspn Rogue Savior Rogue Savior Arcanist Arcanist Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Lost Echo Lost Echo

Pozou Artith
Mentions: - | Interactions:USER=28384] Sarahspn Sarahspn [/USER] (Rose/Jane)

Porou 2.jpg

As Pozou listened to Rose's explanation of what had happened, the Quetzola began to do some basic checks over Jane. He frowned at the word 'Syphid' popping up. He had heard stories from crewmates about their encounters with Syphids, and they were enough to keep Pozou wide-eyed and flinching at every bump against the ship. He leaned near Jane, to listen to her breathing and to see how far her chest was rising. Listening further to Rose, he hummed, taking in the details.

"That lightning bolt must have been pretty powerful then," Pozou frowned, his eyes moving over Jane. He noticed the burns seared on her arms and the cuts gathering like tally marks beside them. It really had done a number on the poor woman. He had wondered if there were burns or injuries elsewhere, though, he figured he should ask about that before going ahead and checking for himself.

The Quetzola looked up at Rose and nodded. "Thank you for telling me all that...it helps, really, it does." He could see how difficult it was for Rose, and how brave a face that Jane must have been putting on for her sister, while suffering Quetzocoatl knew what kind of pain. "Maybe, if no one else gets the opportunity too, I can look over Liam too, see if that helps any." But regardless, he nodded to Rose's request. "I can try and soothe her burns, try and keep her as alert as I can. I don't have any magic of my own unfortunately, but I can at least help with the external at the moment." He looked to the burns before looking back to Rose.

"Can I ask you to gather some cold water for me? I know that might be the last thing you want to do right now, but it'll help to cool Jane's wounds." Pozou looked back to Jane, hoping she was still awake and at least slightly alert for the two to converse. "Jane, do you feel any pain anywhere else? Anywhere you might have burns. If so, can I take a look at them? I want to try and make you as comfortable as I can." As much as the situation could have been dire, the first step, if a patient was still conscious at least, was to let them know of what may be done next. "If there's anything else that feels off to you, let me know. I'll help you as best I can."

Freya Hamrammr

FreyaCrop.pngListening to the syphid speak, Freya offered no words back. Keeping her face hardened, she felt pity for the creature. Tied up and resorting to remarks about “land-dwellers” that she seemed to have an extremely biased view on.

The statement about “not ready to be a queen” caught her attention a bit. She didn’t understand royalty when it came to the inner-workings of any race that wasn’t her own up north, but she knew of stories. Princesses shouldn’t come alone. Not only that, a ruler shouldn’t have such locked-in world views, in Freya’s opinion.

When the rat she was left to watch over started to charge into the underbrush, she frowned. She couldn’t blame the poor creature, considering the subject of their attack was awake now. She’ll search for her when she has help.

The sound of a cart approaching reached her ears, which was music compared to the ravings of a delusional fish.

In response to Amalia, Freya huffed out, “They’re extremely talkative, but did the smart thing and stayed still. Seems to me like they're underwater royalty based on their words, but they could just be posturing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back