• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Welcome to the Neighborhood | OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Hey guys! Just a casual reminder (of something that I could have been clearer on oof) that I would prefer drawn faceclaims to realistic ones.

Good question 'cause I guess even "cartoons" vary, haha, but...

original.jpg

Screenshot-211.png

Screenshot-76.png

^^Just to get a better idea of what you had in mind

Good question 'cause I guess even "cartoons" vary, haha, but...

original.jpg

Screenshot-211.png

Screenshot-76.png

^^Just to get a better idea of what you had in mind
Oh! More cartoon :)

If any of you want, though, i can do a quick sketch for you guys

Shit I didn't read any of this and before I went on a mad realistic pic spam on my character sheet...
My bad I'll change it
you are %100 welcome to draw them though xD mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Shit I didn't read any of this and before I went on a mad realistic pic spam on my character sheet...
My bad I'll change it
you are %100 welcome to draw them though xD mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties
No problem! And I'll try to get some sketches done tomorrow. If you guys wouldnt mind sending me more detailed descriptions/references, I'd be super grateful :)
Is it cool if i use sketches of my own?
Definitely!!!

Wait what? only drawn cartoon character pictures? Okay then, guess you'll have to draw my family?

(EDIT: now I see it in the interest check--I must've missed it before.)

I’m trying my best haha

Nothing I could draw would do her justice she’s meant to be this colourful lady with loud outfits and colourful makeup aaa
I can’t find an image anywhere that fits her x.x

Usually I can find cartoons so easy but I literally used that picture of Ms Qi as the inspiration for her so nothing else feels right, I like to write characters based on drawings same with the dude Julian, I wrote it from his picture

I’m thinking I might make a new fam there are some cool cartoons out there that will fit the role play asthetic mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Usually I can find cartoons so easy but I literally used that picture of Ms Qi as the inspiration for her so nothing else feels right, I like to write characters based on drawings same with the dude Julian, I wrote it from his picture

I’m thinking I might make a new fam there are some cool cartoons out there that will fit the role play asthetic mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties
I actually like that drawing a lot!!! And if you want, like I said, I can totally draw something for you- and I can use the pics you used as references, too! They wouldn't look exactly like the people they're based on, but hopefully I could do them justice :)

I don't want you to have to change the whole family to fit a requirement, so I'd really like to work something out.

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

thanks :) I can draw very basic things and I don't have any art supplies at the moment unfortunatly just a biro and some paper :P

I'm trying to find a few drawings that are basic enough for me to copy and change the details of because I really fall down on bodies and making them not look distorted or un-human lol
do you need any specific details from me for the drawings?

thanks :) I can draw very basic things and I don't have any art supplies at the moment unfortunatly just a biro and some paper :P

I'm trying to find a few drawings that are basic enough for me to copy and change the details of because I really fall down on bodies and making them not look distorted or un-human lol
do you need any specific details from me for the drawings?
I don't think so- I'll let you know if I stumbled upon anything I need more details for :)

Wait what? only drawn cartoon character pictures? Okay then, guess you'll have to draw my family?

(EDIT: now I see it in the interest check--I must've missed it before.)
It's alright- I think a lot of people did! I could have made it much clearer. I'm totally down to draw your family, though!

Vyosa Vyosa I just saw your art, and I gotta say: I love it!!! It looks really good, and really got across personalities- at least, in my opinion lol

Thank you kindly! I’ll probably re draw Fin like I did with Jane. If I get to play I’ll probably start drawing other families just for fun haha. I’m also excited to see your art!

Last edited:
The pictures I have are only temporary, I'm working on some cartoonier drawings. I do photoshop, so they'll be more accurate. But your welcome to draw them if you want!

Hey, is this still accepting? I think this looks really cool. I can’t really draw though, so is it okay if I use non-drawn faceclaims?

Hey, is this still accepting? I think this looks really cool. I can’t really draw though, so is it okay if I use non-drawn faceclaims?
Hello! This is still accepting, but I'd really rather you go without faceclaims rather than use non-drawn faceclaims. If you want, I could also draw you some pictures of your characters if you send me descriptions for them :)

It’s really awesome and much appreciated that you can draw families—but I hope we won’t be swamping you with too many characters all at once!

That said, I will try to iron out all my characters ASAP so you know their appearance, and send along some reference pics! I’m furthest along on grandpa Donnie, including some appearance details and a picture so you could feel free to start on him. Fun fact, I stumbled across the picture when I saw an article about an 80+ year old German guy who is basically the alpha amongst a wolf pack lol. Werner Fruend is his name IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back