• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Welcome to the Neighborhood | OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Hello! This is still accepting, but I'd really rather you go without faceclaims rather than use non-drawn faceclaims. If you want, I could also draw you some pictures of your characters if you send me descriptions for them :)

That’d be lovely! I’ll send you a written description for each of them once I’ve made up my mind on what the people in my household look like! (Yep, already decided on who will be in my household.)

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties
I'll add the real fc's back in when I get home from work so you can use them as reference. I have descriptions of the two oldest children, but still have to do a write-up for the rest. Or, if you don't mind, I can just use some sort of cartoon generator like the examples I sent; then it's less work for you. Just let me know.

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties
I'll add the real fc's back in when I get home from work so you can use them as reference. I have descriptions of the two oldest children, but still have to do a write-up for the rest. Or, if you don't mind, I can just use some sort of cartoon generator like the examples I sent; then it's less work for you. Just let me know.
Tbh im looking forward to drawing all these characters! However, I wouldn't mind you using a cartoon generator at all!!

Do you mind if anyone in my family is uncommonly tall/short? I doubt it's really that much of a problem, but I absolutely have to make sure.
Tbh im looking forward to drawing all these characters! However, I wouldn't mind you using a cartoon generator at all!!

I went to fiddle around with the generator then ended up actually liking the outcome, so I went ahead and did that. The pics are shoulders up tho, so I'll just go more in depth on body in the descriptions... Then everything should be good and done. :)

Aato Aato
Could you link that generator too me? I’d love to give it a go

I used this one (headshot); it gives some opportunity to portray aging with face effects and shading. I also like this (3/4 body) and have used it in the past, but doesn't get as detailed. Both have female and male options. Never used this, but it's got a heavier woman's body (3/4 body).

If none of those are quite the aesthetic you like, there are other creators with different styles; you just gotta explore.

I know like nothing about dog ages...would any of you have an accurate guess on how old this dog looks? It will be the Maher family's dog. German Shepherd + Rhodesian Ridgeback. Months old? A year? Two years?
Rhodesian-Ridgeback.jpg

I know like nothing about dog ages...would any of you have an accurate guess on how old this dog looks? It will be the Maher family's dog. German Shepherd + Rhodesian Ridgeback. Months old? A year? Two years?
Rhodesian-Ridgeback.jpg

I'd say around a year or two, yes. It looks pretty puppy-ish. You could also get away with 9+ months... depending on if you want to play with the idea of it getting bigger. A dog probably grows and bulks up until about 2 years.

Do you know if the houses are generally the same amount of stories or not? I don’t want to make a single story and be the only short house on the block or vise versa. :neutralteeth:

Do you know if the houses are generally the same amount of stories or not? I don’t want to make a single story and be the only short house on the block or vise versa. :neutralteeth:

Oh, yea they usually are. I live in a neighborhood where the houses are pretty same-y like that.

Oh, yea they usually are. I live in a neighborhood where the houses are pretty same-y like that.
Good question, good answer! Personally, I live in a neighborhood with a mix of two and one story houses, and kind of figured this was two story houses, but if you guys want single story houses I will not deny you.

Good question, good answer! Personally, I live in a neighborhood with a mix of two and one story houses, and kind of figured this was two story houses, but if you guys want single story houses I will not deny you.

I’m perfectly fine doing a double story home, I just wanted to know the expectations before getting set on any one thing.

Could I use a Sims 4 screenshot as a faceclaim? Like, not backing out of your offer to draw my family or anything, just getting the jist of what my options are here.

Could I use a Sims 4 screenshot as a faceclaim? Like, not backing out of your offer to draw my family or anything, just getting the jist of what my options are here.
That's perfectly okay! I'm not very specific about faceclaims, actually- I'd just rather have no pictures of real people.

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to give everyone a head's up: things are taking longer than I intended on my end. I had a lot more going on this week than expected, and I'm about to get to a point of doing things more regularly, so I might not be as active as I'd like!

However, I am hoping to get things going by June 2nd at the worst, more likely by the end of next week. This includes art! It might just be loose sketches, but I really hope you'll all like what I'm able to provide :)

If you have any questions, as always, hit me with them!

Sounds snazzy to me! Also, I’m sorry Nana, Miguel, and Caspian’s photos are taking so long. I’m on vacation and didn’t take my drawing tablets

Sounds snazzy to me! Also, I’m sorry Nana, Miguel, and Caspian’s photos are taking so long. I’m on vacation and didn’t take my drawing tablets
It's no problem! I'm actually about to go on vacation- that's why I'm going to be busier aha. Hopefully not too busy, but I'll keep you all updated!

Oh, I understand. I’m currently on vacation and really can’t finish my sheets right now. But when I get back, I’ll definitely use a Sims 4 face claim for everyone as a placeholder for whatever the final pictures will be. (I don’t want to be part of the overwhelmingness, so I won’t pester you about drawing right now.)

Woo! Sorry for not really working on my character sheets, been caught up with another roleplay for a while.

...Do you just have a lot of time on your hands? I've literally never seen someone respond to a post faster than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back