• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We All Break Sometimes (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Blu
the faker
Blu smiled as she felt Della kissed her shoulder as she rested her head on it. She then asked a question that Blu was not prepared to hear.

Blu was stunned.

Did Della really just ask her to move in? With her and Ever? Was it too early for them to move in together but as she sat there with her two favorite people in the world. She knew how much it sucked to be away from them, to be away from her family because that's what she considered them to be for her. Her family. Why was she even debating it? This is her home, even when she goes back to her small apartment, it never felt like the place she belonged. It always felt like an empty place. A place that wasn't home. She wanted to go home, and see Della and Everleigh there. As she opened her mouth to answer her, the young girl in her lap, opened her mouth instead.

"Sing more!"

Blu just nodded as she looked at Della. She looked down at Ever "Ok, I'll sing the rest of the song, then you go get ready for dinner little one. " She saw the little one nod as she starts to play the song. She looks at Della with trying to convey her message through this song. Trying to give her the answer through this song that was about her.....

"I'm weak enough to recognize
That this is the first time love has caught me by surprise
And it's been years, my dear
Since I have missed someone
Like I miss you."

She sung softly as she looked at Della. How could the answer be anything but yes? Blu...wanted to come home to them.

"Promise you'll stay right here
Beneath the starlit sky
Cause I can't contain the way I feel
When you're here by my side
And if ever there be a smile to melt this girl's cold heart
Darling it's yours

I'm breathing quicker now
Cause every time I look in her eyes
I'm forced to cover mine
My nervous bones are shaking
Oh, it's her laugh that brings me back home"

Blu blushes as she sings knowing every word to be true. She couldn't help herself, Della just had a way to bring all the nervous butterflies but she wouldn't change a thing.

"Promise you'll stay right here
Beneath the starlit sky
Cause I can't contain the way I feel
When you're here by my side

And if ever there be a smile to melt this girl's cold heart
Darling it's yours

I've found true love

Promise you'll stay right here
And smile like you do
If ever there be a girl for me
I'm sure it's you"

She ends the song looking at Della softly letting out all her feelings in the song. She felt Ever get off her lap as soon as the song ended, and run to the bathroom. And as soon as she did, Blu pulled Della onto her lap kissing her softly.

"Yes. " Blu said softly as she pulled away, from her, wrapping her arms around her.

"Of course, I'll move in with you. "

della apartment
embaressed.
coded by natasha.

Dan Stark
e8f2d98b793242089012a388135baf2e.gif

Dan could tell Max was very upset and didn't really know what to say to make the situation better without an explanation from Max. He just sipped his coffee until Max grabbed paper and a pen and wrote it. He waited until Max was done writing before he took the pen back and wrote his part of the note, "don't apologize, I'm just happy to see you not in grippy socks. I'm sorry that that happened though." He gave a small smile then continued, "I kinda guessed? But I didn't want to say anything to make you uncomfortable in case you weren't... Don't worry about it, I am too." He put the pen down then watched as Max stood up.
It took him a moment to put together what Max said then nodded and signed back, "I'm down." Dan sort of felt bad for not working harder on learning more sign language for Max but between being stuck at home and being stuck in the hospital, Dan didn't even have time for school learning let alone learning for his friend. Standing up, he placed his bag on Max's bed. He never really drank, besides the few times he was invited to a party out of pity, but he didn't want to disappoint Max by driving out this far just to be super lame. "Your parents let you drink... water?" He signed, not realizing that he signed water instead of alcohol.
Opening up his backpack he grabbed his wind breaker to layer over top of his sweater then drank up the rest of his coffee. This Max was so much more different than hospital Max and he was a little excited about it. They were only really used to seeing the vulnerable side of each other. He wasn't sure if Max was being this way though because he was sad. Zipping it up, he slipped his phone into his front pocket, "I'm excited to meet your friend." He said with a small comforting smile despite him actually being nervous. People had a tendency to not like him.

Mentions: Chimney Swift Chimney Swift
Outfit

Bristol Ricci

It was nice to have Hudson sitting next to her and as he spoke, she let her hand slide into his to give him a reassuring squeeze. It didn’t matter what Hudson was grateful for because her father said to be grateful for anything is a blessing. A life to live is a life to have things to be grateful for and she had never been told that someone was grateful for her besides her dad. It may have seemed small to him; she could see it in his smile but to her it meant so much more. To have someone else be grateful for her was a monumental experience for Bri. Someone who maybe didn’t want to leave her after only knowing her for a few months. Maybe, just maybe he could be someone she could feel safe around, comfortable maybe. Someone where she didn’t have to worry about every small thing she did or said or didn’t say. Maybe for once her brain could let her be at peace with a friend.

Hudson had gotten up to wash his plate, but Bri had grabbed hers and her fathers, not letting him help her with her set of dishes. He was a guest, and she would not let him do any extra work like cleaning dishes. That was what the dishwasher would help with. She listened in as he spoke to her father about his father. Bri really didn’t know much about her dad’s business life, so she hadn’t really known or heard much about Hudson’s father.

Her dad was silent for a moment, “We worked together once, many years ago. You and Bri were very young back then.” Bri scrunched her face why had she never mentioned anything to her? “I am not a man who particularly agrees with our mayor, and it has led to some disagreements between myself and your father. He is a great man at his job, but we do not always agree on how to handle matters when it comes to the political problems of this town when they require lawyers.” Was her father protecting her? Why did she always feel so lost about everyone and everything in this town?

She quietly made her way back to the table, not sure what to make of Hudson knowing about her father but her not knowing about his. “There’s apple pie cooking.” She quietly interrupted her father. His eyes drifted to her, “I bet it’s wonderful, sweetheart.” Why did everything feel so wrong in this conversation? Her father continued speaking with Hudson, “I do hope he and your mother are doing well. And your sister. I heard she was away for a while in California. It must be wonderful to have the whole family together again. Tell me about yourself. Hobbies, goals in life.” Why did it feel like her father was beginning to interview Hudson? She gave her dad a look and he responded back letting her know full well that he needed to know more about the boy that she was spending time with.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): travelbypages travelbypages

Della Bressett
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4f37305262596e7751564d776a673d3d2d3630362e313566646662366166303266386364343338373033303036323932342e676966

Della frowned some when Blu didn't say anything about moving in together and kept singing. Biting her lip, she back off some. She and Ev would still move somewhere nicer. Where the people above them wouldn't wake her up with pointless partying. There was a nice condo she had seen with a park in the complex that Everleigh would love. They could move there... But what if Blu hated her now for asking? They'd only been dating a few weeks but she had known and loved Blu for months. She didn't want her stupid question to ruin what they had. What if Blu wasn't feeling the same way?
It wasn't until Blu finished the song then turned to kiss her with a yes. Wrapping her arms around Blu, she kissed the girl again. While they have not yet done the deed, Della was becoming more comfortable with Blu. Moving in together though, made her feel a completely different way than Elliot did when they moved in together. Sure it was just as exciting, but she felt a whole different way for Blu. More love, more passion, and more affection. "You had me scared there." She finally said when she broke the kiss, "these neighbors, they keep waking up Ev at night, and even now when we're having a family dinner all I can hear is them roller blading on the floor and laughing. I want somewhere where Everleigh can have her own space." She told Blu, running her fingers through the girls hair affectionately.
When a timer went off in the kitchen, Della gave Blu one more affectionate kiss before she stood and took the turkey out of the oven. Grabbing plates from the cupboard she moved to set the table. It was much different than when Blu had dinner there before, instead she set her plate up right next to Blu's. Being her regular wine-o self she poured them some wine, Ev some bubbly juice, and dishes the dino nuggets and some veggies for the toddler. "I'm thankful for this... Thankful for you." Della told Blu and took her hand as she watched Everleigh's hand go full throttle to the dino's.
Mentions: r e i r e i

Hudson Green
ETV6.gif

Hudson nodded some to her dad when he mentioned he didn't agree with his parents view on the mayor, "yeah... I don't really agree with them liking the mayor either..." He said, trailing off some to think more about his words, "I do appreciate the way they raised me and Odi though, even if she's a little materialistic..." He said with a slight shrug. He did give his parents props for being so open to help Odi with her transition. A lot of parents are different in that sense, he just didn't like how mean and spoilt she was, "I also respect the work you and my father do, or my father did. I don't think I could ever be smart enough for that." He said with a slight not.
He heard Bri chime in about the pie and he could tell she was nervous about her father's interrogation so he gave her a reassuring nod to not worry, that he could handle it. He didn't want to speak too ill of his sister to Bri's dad so he chose not to reply back to that statement. When he did ask about Hudsons hobbies though he got a little excited, "well to be honest, I'm not the best at school... So college isn't really in my mind. I love teaching surf to the tourists though. I also really want to compete in some tournaments, there was one in Hawaii that I missed out on going to this year but I do plan to go next year." He told the man, almost giddy talking about surfing.
"I also want to open a surf shop, I already make and sell boards, I would just like my own space to do it besides a small shed in my parents yard. Painting and glossing them is really fun." The boy stopped talking when he realized he's spoken too much. He did this a lot. Let his thoughts get out of control, talk too much about one thing... "Sorry sir, I just really enjoy the sport..." He told the man, apologizing for his rambling. He didn't want her dad to hate him for talking too much.
Mentions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Blu
the faker
Blu shook her head "I'm sorry. The question did catch me off guard and then the little one wanted me to keep singing. " She said softly as she looked at the woman that honestly she had fallen in love with. She thinks that she was already in love with her, even while she was dating Derrick. Blu never cheated on Derrick, while she was with him, she was with him completely but she couldn't help but want to be with Della. Maybe that was a sign that she was already falling in love with her.

"But my answer was always going to be a yes. I'm home with you, and Ever. You guys are my home." Blu said as she smiled softly at Della as she held her. Feeling the young mother run her fingers through Blu's hair. She felt a type of peace that she never felt before, something that she could now never live without. "Then let's find somewhere that she can have her own room, a yard, maybe a puppy...and even a extra room. " She said softly as she thought of the future. Maybe that extra room could be used for a new member of their family...she didn't care, she just wanted her in her future always.

Blu heard the timer go off and Della gave her one more kiss before getting off her lap and going into the kitchen. She watched as she began to set up the table. Blu heard her as she said a family dinner. She called the dinner, a family one. Something that Blu never thought she would have again. Something that she never wanted to live without. She wanted a million more family dinners. She wanted to wake up to Everleigh jumping on the bed waking Blu and Della up.

She wanted to see Della beside her as she went to sleep or wale up to. She wanted everything with her. Blu never wanted it so bad before. She found where she belonged, she thought as she walked to her place by Della.

It was different...when she had dinner before. Ever was between them but now she was right next to her. Blu felt Della take her hand and said what she was thankful for. Making Blu blushed as she said she was thankful for her.

"I'm thankful for this. I'm thankful for my little one of course..but most of all..I'm thankful for falling in love with you. I love you." Blu said without thinking much about it. They may have never said it but it was not something that needed to be said. Blu felt Della's love but she wanted her to know that she loved her truly without question. That she didn't need to be scared

Blu loves her. She was her home.

della apartment
embaressed.
coded by natasha.

MOOD: Dejected & Broken

OUTFIT: N/A

basics
MENTIONS: Tatum ( Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler )

INT:
None

tags
TL;DR The bleakness won

tl;dr
Ryker Thompson

"The devil doesn’t come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you’ve ever wished for."

His hands were shaking. Ryker had placed the phone face down on the counter and slid it away from his reach, watching it glide across the faux granite countertop till he heard the crack as it hit the hardwood floor on the other side. Maybe if he had thrown it away earlier, maybe he could’ve avoided the spiral that had just occurred before his very eyes, but at that moment the damage was done and Tatum was… Gone. Like the switch of a light bulb being flicked, all those good things he’d felt were disappearing, being shoved away and gone, buried underneath years of avoidance and escapism.

Ryker had protected himself first, always his heart and always his mind, knowing that if he allowed people to come in too close they’d just leave him. It was irrational sure, but the broken barely beating heart that was encased in a black wall of frigid steel had to be protected at all costs. He wanted to love Tatum, he wanted her desperately, in every single way available and he wanted to be at her beck and call every single day of his life. He would’ve done it too, but that slithering voice that had dug its claws in, sunk them so deep into the soft spots of his spine that it was becoming so incredibly hard to see life through any other color, it was all dark shadows that morphed into all the things he so desperately wanted in life.

Stability.
Happiness.
Trust.
Love.

Instead the Devil gifted Ryker’s breaking black heart the opposite.

Hate.
Fear.
Loss.
Loneliness.

It was sucking him in like a black hole. The world that was his kitchen began to spin around, that familiar soul sucking sensation that he’d felt in the hospital after his crash, when death’s white face hovered over him. Maybe he should’ve been taken that day and then everyone would’ve stopped hurting…

“Stop.” Ryker put his hands over his ears and his knees buckled underneath him, all the strength in his body was sucked and his voice became a weak whimper, words barely breathing past his lips as he doubled over in pain. It was that thing talking to him again, its iron black claws sunk deeper into his flesh and wracked his whole body in a physical pain more nerve bending than he’d ever felt before.

Alcohol… Alcohol would numb it out, it always numbed him out, Ryker’s thoughts and eyes were blinded by the hot tears pouring out of his eyes as he nearly ripped the cabinet door off the hinges where all his liquor was at. He couldn’t tell what the first bottle he grabbed was, whether it was clear or brown, he couldn’t even tell the taste, all he could feel was the burn of the liquid scorching down his throat and the first vestiges of numbness.

He shifted backwards and his back hit the cabinets behind him, another long swig of the heavy bottle went burning down his throat. All the while, through his busted black heart and hot tears, the icy chill of that formless beast who’s claws locked them together, its gravelly voice spoke into his brain…

If you keep them away, you’ll be safe, I’ll keep you safe…

code by valen t.

Della Bressett
31e26b5a9bc0550cb8ae33086f889ad4.gif

Della felt calm and reassured with everything Blu was saying. That they were her home. She didn't picture herself ever finding someone who could put so much care and attention into her and Everleigh. Single mom's weren't exactly what people wanted on the market. With young hot singles who just want fun, someone like Della would need patience and time with both her raising her daughter and balancing a job. Elliot always told her he would be all she could find with how ugly and useless she was but Blu seemed to be proving him wrong. Blu gave her the love she desired.
Her heart melted some when Blu described exactly what she wanted. "Everleigh would die for a puppy." She whispered as to not get the toddlers hopes up, "and her own room, a princess room. All of it. I would too as long as it's with you." Della smiled some. When they were all seated and Della had told Blu what she was thankful for, she listened to what Blu had to say. As the words, 'I love you' came out, Della wanted nothing more than to jump across the table at Blu but held herself back because of Everleigh. Blu had no idea how much those words meant to her and she could feel herself tear up some as she looked to the roof and closed her eyes for a moment.
Finally Della responded, taking Blu's hand tightly, "I love you too Blu." She told her. She had been told she'd never be loved, time and time again. At some points, like when she and Everleigh were hiding in the locked bathroom, or when they got in the car with their things packed, she believed Elliots words. She believed when her parents said she'd never find another man to take care of them like Elliot did. And before Blu, when it was late and she was alone in her thoughts, she had debated on going back to her parents and to Elliot. Ultimately, that wasn't the best choice and she had this woman at the table with her who loves her.
When she was done with dinner and Everleigh was too, she grabbed their plates and put them in the dish washer as well as packed up all the left overs. Everleigh already seemed to be tired from the turkey and food so Della went to wash the girls face then set her up for a nap, which since Halloween and the new noisy neighbors, she'd gotten a small toddler bed for the little girl. It was set up closer to the closet with the room divider between the beds. She figured it be best with her relationship. Plus, Everleigh needed to get used to her own bed for her own room soon. Putting on the little CD player beside the bed, which was now necessary to drown out the new neighbors, it didn't take long for the little one to sleep.
Going back to the dining room, she cleaned up whatever else she needed to and sat down. It wasn't late yet, so she knew the nap would be good to avoid a grumpy toddler. "Sorry I got emotional earlier... he told me I'd never be loved. So it meant a lot." She told Blu, pulling in her girlfriend to cuddle, "you have no idea how much it meant to me." She told Blu, kissing the top of the girls head. It was moments like these, with Blu in her arms, where she knew she was home wherever Blu was.

Blu
the faker
Blu was in awe, Della actually said it back to her. She loved her. When she saw the tears in Della's eyes when she told her that she loved her, she was scared that she might have gone too fast for her. She was ready to take back those words and pretend it never happened but then the young mother said it back to her. And Blu couldn't breath for a second. She just felt this rush of relief but she also felt happiness and love for this small family of hers. She doesn't care if it's not offical, they were a family and Blu would never let them go. She's staying for as long as they wanted her around. She felt the young mother hold her hand, and she tightly held her back as they ate dinner.

She never thought she would find someone to love her as Della does. She holds her when she needs it, she's affectionate even in public. She doesn't pressure Blu to have sex, and she's patient. Della actually has gone to all of her performances since they started dating. She's in the front cheering her on, and Blu just never wanted her to not be there. She wants her around to cheer her on at her gigs. She wants Everleigh to call her mom. She wants to adopt Everleigh if she could. She wants to marry Della. She wants everything in life with Della. Blu watched as Della cleaned up, she wouldn't let Blu help her of course. Blu helped her get Ever down for a nap, she kissed her little one softly on the head as she went off to sleep.

Getting pulled onto the bed with Della, she cuddled into Della laying her head on her breasts. She felt her kiss her on top of her head, Blu smiled looking up at Della. "I love you. I don't care how many times I have to say it for you to hear me instead of him but I'll do it forever if I have to. " She said softly as she looked at the woman she loved so deeply and truly. "I love that little girl. So much that I want to adopt her. I want her to know that she doesn't need a dad. I'll be her other parent forever. " Blu moves up and kisses her softly

"He was so very wrong my love. You are so worth being loved and you are loved so much by me and Ever. I love you, and I want you in my life forever. I just...I want to marry you one day and maybe that's too soon to say but I just know...that you are it for me. I never want anyone else but you." She kisses her deeply and passionately pouring all her emotions into it.

della apartment
loved, and at peace.
coded by natasha.

Bristol Ricci

Bri let herself listen quietly as Hudson spoke about his hopes for opening up a surf shop and she had absolutely no idea what she wanted to do in the future. Everything felt so bleak and empty when the future was brought up. How could she begin to have plans like that? As he continued to speak she could see her dad was listening carefully taking in every word that Hudson spoke, sizing up if the plans were feasible. But then Hudson stopped talking abruptly and apologized, which put confusion on Bri’s face. Calvin on the other hand knew and took a moment to make sure he didn’t phrase anything wrong, “It is wonderful to have a passion and you seem to know much about surfing. More than I know. Smarts don’t always come from what we learn in a controlled academic environment, it comes by what brings us joy.”

Joy, that one word, it was so easy but what brought Bristol joy? Juni kept making her feel like she was ruining joy for Hudson, Hudson seemed like he was happy about everything, and all she did was stay silent. She could sense the change in Hudson as he relaxed because her father was a patient man. When her father clapped his hands together Bri looked up, “Now tell me, what have the two of you been up to.” Bri froze in trying to explain what they had been doing, “You two have been spending a lot of time together, and the backyard is not a private place for nosy fathers.” The embarrassment of her father and he only chuckled, “Come now, Bri. I was young once too.” God could kill her now.

She didn’t need to know about her father’s past, “Skateboarding.” She blurted out. A surprised looked appeared on her father’s face, “Are you enjoying that?” he asked her, his voice a little softer and Bri nodded, “Tell me about it.” He always wanted to know but the look he gave when he looked at the two of them was one that only a parent would fully understand. His daughter was growing up.

The silence hung for a moment, “Hudson, was walking me back on Halloween because I went to meet with Henri, so I saw his skateboard and he started teaching me. Between my studies and classes, Hudson has been helping me learn. I can actually stand and push off on my own. I still struggle with turning, but I can stand on my own now. He is really patient with me.” Bri looked over at Hudson a smile on her face, he was patient and even though Juni made it seem like he wouldn’t be, Hudson had given her no reason to doubt his patience.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): travelbypages travelbypages

Della Bressett
d314072132c107f553866fbbba87193e64acbe90.gifv

Della smiled at Blu's constant reassurance. She knew what Blu dealt with, who constant heartbreaks, and the bad people she dated. They were on the same boat of just wanting love and giving love. She listened to the girl ramble about love, adopting Everleigh, and marriage and she couldn't help but smile, "I just asked you to move in, told you I love you, and now you're thinking about marriage and kids." She laughed some, not in a mocking way, but a content way. Elliot never truly wanted a family with love, he wanted property, a trophy wife.
Shifting their positions so Blu was on her back, Della moved to her side and propped herself up on her elbow so she was looking down at Blu, "I want all that too but I just want to enjoy us first. Love, marriage, more love, kids." She told Blu and moved her other hand to the girls cheek before leaning down to give Blu a tender kiss, letting it linger some. When she broke the kiss she studied Blu's face, "I mean, we haven't even gotten the sex thing figured out yet either. You've never been with anyone, I've only been with a man, one man." Her tone was caring but also nervous.
While she knew she was very attracted to Blu and sometimes when things were hot she knew she wanted to, Della was just scared that Blu wouldn't like the experience or that their passion didn't match. Sex needed to be passionate, good, all of that for a relationship to work for a long time. Compatibility became something important for Della after her experience with Elliot. With him there was no romance, no passion. He got bored of her and became unattracted to her after she had Everleigh. Even when she lost the mom weight he still said, 'you're body is ruined for me'. She didn't ever want Blu to think of her that way.

MOOD: Less nervous

OUTFIT: Outfit

basics
MENTIONS:
None

INT:
.Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat.
tags
TL;DR Niila is meeting Arthur’s grandparents for the first time.
tl;dr
Niila Ahonen
"I will vanish away if I don't get 100 % of your love."
Niila smiled at Arthur as he felt her squeezing his hand under the table. It was a gesture that calmed down both of them. The boy’s smile, however, vanished almost immediately as he switched his gaze back to the old man. He expected to get confronted by his questions again, but instead the man had stopped talking. It was as if he was considering the boy’s words in order to determine how much truth was behind them.

After the moment of silence, Arthur’s grandpa’s attention turned from Niila to his granddaughter. "Arthur. Do you like him? Do you want to be with him even with uncertainty in the future? That would make you happy?" The man asked her in a serious tone. Arthur didn't hesitate even a moment. She immediately opened her mouth and started explaining her thoughts to the elderly.

Niila couldn’t help but turn a little red in the face as Arthur Expressed her love to him saying how happy he makes her and how she feels the best she has ever felt, how she wanted to be with him for a long time. All the words were enough to make Niila’s heart all flutterish. The Finnish boy couldn’t stop smiling. Oh how happy her words made him. "....I'm just hoping that you see how great of a guy he is sooner rather than later." Arthur ended her speech with no shake to her voice.

She then bowed her head slightly at her grandfather. "Please have an open mind Jii-san and accept that we are doing our best.” She continued and Niila nodded firmly to show that he shared his girlfriend’s thoughts. The man seemed stunned by this, by Arthur’s words, and even her grandma didn’t say anything.

"Okay. I see. Let's start eating before the food gets cold." The grandma then said and it seemed as if the tension had been lifted. Niila suddenly felt a lot more relaxed and he could enjoy the delicious food to his fullest. As they continued eating Niila was again faced with questions but this time ones that he had expected.

It was time for Arthur’s grandma to ask the general questions, mostly questions about his family and culture. Niila answered that he had both asian and western roots, his father being half Finnish and half Thai and his mom being half Thai and half Chinese. When Niila was asked if he was close with his family, he told his parents were divorced and when he really didn’t keep in contact with his dad’s side of family he had a warm relationship with his little sister and his moms.

Niila kept answering the woman’s questions and telling things about his life like his family and culture. She really seemed interested in what he was saying. It made Niila feel welcomed even though he had been at first a little shunned by Arthur’s grandpa's ways to act. Every once in a while Niila would take glances at Arthur and smile at her. He was glad the first meeting with her grandparents was going well, even if the start was little rocky.
code by valen t.

MOOD: silly goofy mood

OUTFIT: Sheep Sweater

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Carson Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

tags
TL;DR Ivy's antics continue at the sleepover party
tl;dr
Ivy Dawkins
Don't threaten me with a good time

“Work on the oven. Right. I see how it is,” Ivy pouted thoughtfully, pacing back and forth a few steps before planting herself back in front of Carson. “You’re gonna Hansel and Gretel me, aren’t you? Lure me into an apartment made of candy and whimsy and then you make me climb in the oven and BOOM, roasted orphan for Thanksgiving dinner. Stick a rosemary sprig in my butt, why don't ya?” She waggled her finger accusingly in Carson’s face. “Very sneaky, Car. And I woulda done it for you too.” Satisfied with her little non-sequitur, she smiled and returned to reality. “The oven’s not turned on, sweaty.” With a couple of rapidly-pressed buttons, the oven was in perfect working condition, “There. Voila, voici. That'll be 50 bucks please.”

For all her troublemaking and oddities, Ivy was a clever girl. Though she’d never been allowed to operate an oven before, she figured the contraption out in a matter of minutes. Just like she and her gremlin friends figured out how to unmoor a boat and set it floating across the harbor. She was like an octopus, or a little baby monkey… if she wasn’t entertained, she would find ways to entertain herself. Ways that usually involved suffering and cucumbers.

She was pleased to hear that Carson was letting her stay over for the night. She’d have to have a long and annoying conversation about it with her social worker later, but just the thought of spending a night away from Allison’s pathetic whine-crying was too tantalizing to resist. Ivy didn’t give a damn about the state government-instituted rules, and was frequently running the risk of a more restrictive placement. Massachusetts’ foster child stipulations were a bit more lenient than other places, but technically she wasn’t supposed to be running around willy-nilly as she often was. She was always supposed to be under the eyes of some qualified adult, and yet often found ways to continue her delinquency.

“I hope Sydney’s room has a secret booze stash somewhere.” Ivy mused with a playful eyeroll, still bugging Carson about her no-alcohol-for-kids rule. Carson was a cool adult, but not that cool. Or maybe she was just justifiably afraid of getting CPS angry at her. Ivy understood but did not appreciate this. She'd much rather just break the law for a little fun.

code by valen t.

MOOD: heartbroken

OUTFIT: Fall Flannels

basics
MENTIONS:
Mariah tamarapasek tamarapasek

INT:
Dan travelbypages travelbypages

tags
TL;DR

tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

We accept the love we think we deserve.

Max couldn’t help but laugh a little when Dan asked him if his parents let him drink water. The signs for “water” and “wine” were fairly similar both in handshape and placement, so Max understood what Dan was trying to say. Taking the moment to teach Dan a new word, Max smiled thoughtfully and slowly said. “Well, more like… alcohol.” He clarified, going through a list of similar and related terms, spelling them all out first so Dan could follow along with him. “Vodka, rum… you know, that kind of stuff. And uh, no. My parents don’t let me, but… you only live once?” Max seemed to have momentarily shed his misery and instead was showing signs of giddy excitement. His smile was a little forced, his eyes wide and nervously darting back and forth, but he was upright and alert, still riding the adrenaline rush of coming out of the closet to his friend.

Maybe it wasn’t so bad after all, he thought, to be honest with himself…

Maybe he was finally learning how to be brave.

“Come on,” He waved Dan over once they’d both got their jackets and shoes back on, and the two boys ran back down the stairs, past Max’s parents who looked up at them in surprise as their son and his friend rushed by. At least Max seemed to be in better spirits, they observed, so they chose not to intervene and just went back to preparing Thanksgiving dinner, sure that the boys would be back soon.

“I’ll text Mariah to meet us at the beach.” Max said out loud to Dan once he was sure that they were far enough away from the house. He wasn’t sure yet where they were actually going to get drinks, but was sure someone in town would be happy to set them up with some. The young people of Anchor Bay were known for being a little rowdy, which usually just made Max nervous and uncomfortable, but now he felt ready to join in on the teenage rebellion. Ready to shed the pain of being cheated on, the crushing weight of everything he’d gone through this year, and just forget about it all for a night. He wanted to go somewhere the fear and regret wouldn’t follow him.

code by valen t.

Hudson Green
Jamie-Fan-Art-jamie-campbell-bower-37686764-245-200.gif

Hudson smiled brightly when her dad didn't scold him for not wanting to go to college. He got a lot of scolding from everyone, even strangers, it never came as a surprise to him when people did now either. However it did surprise him when people didn't scold him for it. The society today expects young people to grow up, go to school, make good money, and more than likely be miserable. Hudson just didn't want any of that. He didn't need money or smarts to be happy. He just needed a board, a wave, and now Bristol.
When her father brought up the back yard not being private Hudson felt his face redden and he looked down, unsure of what excuse he could come up with, 'sorry sir idk what you saw but our faces were just hugging' wasn't one he could exactly say out loud. "Oh I uhm." He stuttered until Bri told him she was learning to skateboard, "yeah! She's uh, she's getting really good at it. I would say surfing is better to learn but the waves are too cold now." He rambled again to avoid talking about what went on in the backyard to her father.
When he saw Max's SOS for booze he finally looked at the two of them, "well I best be going, it was very nice to meet you Mr. Ricci. Thank you for having me over for this holiday." He stood and shook her dad's hand again then looked to Bri and motioned for her to follow. Once outside he stepped to the side of the door between the window and door so her dad couldn't see and wrapped his arms around her. This hug was a lot more different than the others before. Before he kept his hugs friendly, this hug showed he truly did like her. Pulling away some the boy leaned down to kiss the girl one more time. He let it linger for a moment, "text me to hang out whenever okay? And don't let Juni get in your head." He said when he pulled away. With one more quick peck on her lips he stepped away and went down the stairs to grab his board from the grass.
Before long he found himself at the convenience store, looking for a not so gross kind of tequila, got some beers, then picked out snacks and water so Max and his friends wouldn't completely die. His fake I.D. never failed him and once outside, he put the alcohol in his backpack and started toward the beach. One he was there he walked across the sand to a bigger boulder that sat somewhat near the edge of the beach line and sat on top of it, sending Max a quick text that he was there. He didn't mind if he had to wait though, he enjoyed being anywhere that wasn't home.
Mentions: Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Blu
the faker
Blu just shrugged "When you know, you just know. I know that I want all those things with you. I never wanted that before, I never knew this kind of love before. Yea I loved my first girlfriend, but compared to the love I have for you...it's tiny. " She said honestly. She thought she was full of love with her first girlfriend but in reality, it was just puppy love. It was nothing compared to the big-ass love that she had for Della and Ever. She wanted everything with them. She just knew. Now she understood why people want to get married when they found the one person that they feel like they cannot live without. That one person that makes your world spin, but also makes it calm and peaceful. That can calm the storm in your mind and heart. It's amazing, and you never want to let go. You want them in your life forever. She looked up at the woman she loved and just smiled softly at her. "I like us...I love us. " She said honestly as she felt Del's hand cup her cheek.

The young mom leaned down and kissed her tenderly, and she felt her love so deeply that it warmed her. Her eyes were still closed when Della pulled away. She opened them when she started to talk about sex. Blu had to be honest, she really fucking wanted to. She really really fucking wanted to. It's becoming an issue of how much she wanted to, as it is in her mind all day long. She just didn't know how to tell Della that she was ready but maybe this was the time, now that they were discussing it. "I know...I haven't been with anyone and you've been with just him" Blu's voice grows darker as she thinks about the man who didn't treat her girls right. That hurt them, broke her love's confidence, and made her afraid of loving again. "But I really want you. Like it's crazy how much you drive me insane. I mean...I was half ready to jump your fucking bones while you were cooking. You have no idea how fucking sexy and amazing you look right now." Blu says honestly as she looks down at her fingers.

"But you have experience, and I don't...I don't even know what to do. Or if you would even like it. " She said softly "Because you are really fucking beautiful and I just want it to be good for you so you won't go away because I'm horrible at sex...." Blu adds as she shyly looks down her fingers.

This was something that was on her mind a lot. And she wanted to talk about it, to see if the nervousness any better.

della apartment
nervous and shy.
coded by natasha.

Tatum Browne

Sometimes people don’t break at first, they crack and leak out the love that consumed them, and the love is replaced with pain, self-hatred, self-pity, a deep ugliness that can’t be cleaned easily. An ugly that can’t be seen by all but can be felt in the thoughts directed at oneself, and Tatum felt every direct attack against herself. Her hand clenched her phone as she kept reading Ryker’s words over and over, she had expected too much. She had put too much and misread everything; she was exactly what she believed. No one could love an ex-addict, love wasn’t something she could ever attain with her history, she was too much, the baggage too much, the expectations too much. She was too much. Over and over the words too much played in Tatum’s brain a taunt to remind her that she was deserving of nothing, and she had brought this all on herself. She had made the choices, made the assumptions, got her own hopes up, how could she ever let herself be so stupid for thinking Ryker would have seen the arrangement as anything more than sex, causal sex.

She had let herself be used in the name of what she thought was love, spent more time than necessary because she wore rose-colored glasses, every ounce of her had convinced her that she was with the person that was her better half. She had managed to tell herself an elaborate lie and rather than drugs or alcohol, she made that lie her addiction. Tatum would never be healed; she would always be addicted to something and how could she expect anyone to put up with that. The pain it had caused her family and friends, why would she ever think she could willingly convince another to accept the baggage, accept the responsibility that was her?

The reflection of herself was nothing, but a façade, she was a faker and of course everyone could see it. It wasn’t hard to see that she was never going to be the person that her family wanted, but as she wiped her face of tears, cleaning the mascara that had run down, and reapplying the lost makeup, her mask of pretending to be perfect returned. Unlocking the door and back to her family the smile on her face once again so she could enjoy the holidays with her parents, grandparents, aunts, uncle, and cousins. She would make small talk, keep her chin high all while each breath caused more pain to her ever cracking heart.

Mention(s): Interaction(s):

Carson Hughes

As Carson listened to the rambles Ivy, she couldn’t help but roll her eyes, “No witch asks their meal to set their own oven, If I had wanted to eat someone it wouldn’t be you. Too short for me.” Carson had to joke back with the young girl, make light of a day where neither of them had real family, and at least try to make the most out of whatever the world was offering them. But truly the joy came when Ivy finally got the oven to start heating which meant that they would most likely get some kind of meal tonight even if it wasn’t perfect. They deserved at least a semi decent meal and worst-case scenario Buffy was preparing them plates because his faith was not in them to do well.

As Carson looked at the recipe card and then ignoring Ivy’s talk of alcohol, she looked at the green veggies, “Which one smells like cilantro?” as she held up two bundles one being parsley and the other being cilantro and she needed to make sure she used parsley in her potatoes. She held the herbs to the girl, “if you lie, we get cilantro potatoes, remember that. You are here so we can attempt some stupid meal on a pointless holiday.” Her eyes narrowed on Ivy so the younger girl knew that Carson wasn’t playing a game this time, she really was trying for the two of them. Her skills at cooking were at zero but so many people were rooting for her to fail that she wanted to prove to herself that she could make a decent meal.

“Once you decide chop it up and put I aside. I have the potatoes boiling to mash them. You can do that if you want, Mildred left recipes to follow, so I don’t think we can do too bad. If we work together.” Carson smiled at the girl, “You do deserve a nice holiday meal, cause as terrible as you are, you are a good kid. I will lie and say I never said this to you. You lie enough so you could cry wolf and I’ll still be free of people thinking I’m soft.” Though she didn’t really care if people found her soft, she did want the best for most people. “Happy Thanksgiving, gremlin. Ruin this one and I’ll make sure next year you’re stuck at your shitty foster care room.” And Carson meant that. She liked Ivy but not enough to let her ruin a holiday she hated to hate it even more.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

-
-

basics
MENTIONS:

Ryker OdinsTwoWolves OdinsTwoWolves

INT:

Calla travelbypages travelbypages

Ashley tamarapasek tamarapasek

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
The Thackerys

"OW! SON of a goddamn..." Aaron Thackery trailed off, gently scooping up the tiny orange kitten that had just stalked and attacked his socked foot. "Christine, come get your demon cat!" He grumbled, looking the tabby over as if he might be able to glimpse any sign of his true demonic form.

"Problem, honey?" His wife glanced over her shoulder from the kitchen counter, stifling a laugh as Aaron appeared in the doorway toting the kitten. "Sorry but she's busy," Deirdre added, playfully nudging her daughter with an elbow as the little blonde girl peeled potatoes with the blasé expertise of a 30 year old sous chef. Little Chrissy loved cooking. She'd been learning at the chef's side since she was small, whether helping to prepare meals for their family or watching the goings on in the bustling kitchen of her mother's fancy French restaurant.

Deirdre wiped her hands on her apron before making a grab for the ringing kitchen telephone. Her brow furrowed as the brunette tried to make sense of the polite stranger inquiring about her son's death. "Dustin's...what? Oh no no, dear, there's been some kind of mistake. My son's right here. He's completely fine," She reassured the voice on the other end, just as the boy came bounding down the stairs with his girlfriend in tow, cuddling her own black and white kitten from Ryker's litter.

"Dusty, what is going on? Someone just called here thinking you were dead!" Deirdre crossed her arms quizzically as the young couple wandered into the kitchen. The boy shot a quick glance at Ashley supressing a knowing grin, but could only shrug sheepishly in response. "I dunno! Probably a prank or something."

"Dusty's deeeead!" Chrissy hooted, abandoning her post to dance around making fun of her brother. "You're the one that died in the movie," He laughed, catching the giggling girl by the wrists before she could shove him in retaliation. "I'm happy to be with myyyy friiiend, Harry Potter!" Dustin teased, reciting the line from Dobby's death scene in a high pitched British accent as he puppeted the little girl's hands around.

Chrissy yanked them away indignantly, embarassed Dustin was poking fun at her big elf ears in front of Ashley. She successfully shoved him this time before stomping off to cuddle her kitten, which only made the boy cackle heartily.

"Dustin." Deirdre scolded him gently, shooting her son a glare. "I guess I'm on my own then?" She pouted loudly enough for Chrissy to hear in the next room, heaving an exaggerated sigh. But smiled as her husband slipped his arms around her from behind, giving her a quick squeeze before picking up where their daughter left off with the potatoes.
code by valen t.

Della Bressett
6c6f65878476495de3ec09247ad4371b2ad20815.gifv

Della couldn't help but laugh as Blu said out loud everything she was thinking, "I think you read my mind." She pointed out and moved a finger under Blu's chin to look back at her, "I have experience yes, but with a man. The only experience I have with female... parts, is with myself." She said with a laugh and gave Blu a light kiss. "It'll be a learning curve for both of us. I think we could just take it slow..." She said as she kissed Blu.
The girl still worried that maybe they wouldn't mesh well with good sex but she hoped that they could learn along with each other. But she knew that no matter what happened, she would stick by Blu's side for it all. She just found her, fell in love with her, she didn't want something as small as sex jeopardizing what they've built together, "Blu..." The girl said as she moved a hand to Blu's hair, lightly twisting a strand around her finger, "I am completely in love with you. With you, whenever we try, will be like my first time with a man. Scary but the more you do it, the better it gets right?" She said with a small reassuring smile.
Rolling Blu onto her back and carefully hovering over her, Della began to press little kisses along Blu's neck, "trust me when I say I've never been so scared to want somebody before I met you." She mumbled as she moved her lips to Blu's collar bone, her hand moving to Blu's hip then lightly trailing up under Blu's sweater to the girls ribs. After leaving a few little love marks on Blu's collarbone and neck. With her thumb lightly brushing against the bottom of Blu's breast, Della pulled her lips away from Blu's skin and looked back to the girls face, "I love you and I want this to work with us. We can take it slow, figure out what we like." She then kissed Blu's lips again.
Della was just about to take a little nip at Blu's lip when she heard a familiar little voice at the edge of the bed. Sitting up quickly while simultaneously tugging Blu's shirt down, Della looked to Everleigh who was looking at them with a tilted head and frustrated tone, "walk, to the park. I wanna play at the park." She heard the little girls frustrated demand that her mom hadn't heard her the first time. With her face redder than a tomato she glanced to Blu with a small smile, "another reason for Everleigh to have her own room." She told Blu with a laugh and scooted to the edge of the bed to scoop up the three year old to go get her dressed for the chilly weather.

MOOD: Chill

OUTFIT: Here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Calla travelbypages travelbypages

Oliver Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

Diana ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

tags
TL;DR
tl;dr
Nico Trippe
Killing someone's vibe should be a fucking crime
Nico gathered his armfull of goodies and rushed out of his beat up old Volkswagen Bus, jogging to the house. After quite the struggle while holding so much stuff, he finally succeeded and burst through the front door. "Hey hey!" He shouted, closing it with a bump of his knee. The young man was thrilled to find all of his roommates gathered together in the kitchen, all standing around the oven just as a Calla was opening it.

All of them seemed to be going through a hard time this Thanksgiving, so he'd snuck out to procure a little something for each of them to hopefully brighten their day. Like Diana, his friend and also coworker at the Cove House. Even someone as oblivious as Nico could notice she seemed very down in the last few days leading up to the holiday. "Matty told me mums and daisies can improve your mood and drive away bad feelings," He explained, his rather clunky way of saying I know you're going through something and I hope this cheers you up a little, handing the singer a bouquet of chrysanthemums and pink daisies.

And poor little Oliver. In the weeks that Oli had been living with the small group, he seemed to be getting a little more comfortable with venturing up from his little basement abode to hang out with the roommates. That is, until about a day or so before Thanksgiving, it was like a switch had flipped and Oli seemed disturbed about something and suddenly very withdrawn once again.

"It's a bonsai tree. Isn't it cool? Matty said we should probably research some stuff on the internet on how to take care of it," He nattered on cheerfully, handing Oliver the small tree he'd been clutching. Matilda had a couple of the cute little trees in her shop and the way she explained how meticulous their required care was made Nico think the curious boy might enjoy learning about his tiny new tree and how to care for it.

He turned to Calla with a smile, curling an arm around her waist to pull her close and give her lips a quick peck. Then released her from his grasp so he could take a step back to offer the bouquet of blush pink calla lilies and cheerful roses. Matty had arrangements in more warm autumnal colors but the pastel pinks and lilac shades just screamed Calla to him.

Calla was still worrying about Oliver of course, especially on this day when his mood seemed to have taken a nosedive, so he of course wanted to cheer her up too. But the opportunity to get flowers for the girl he was falling in love with was the main reason he just had to beg Matty to meet up at her shop on a holiday. Nico had never had a girlfriend, he didn't know the "rules" or etiquette. But he supposed it might not require some type of occasion, and maybe Calla might not shun him as a weirdo if he also wanted to buy her flowers any old time, even if it's not a holiday or anniversary or something.

"Oh shit, let me help." Finally realizing he'd interrupted them trying to get the turkey from the oven, Nico fumbled with some oven mitts before carefully retrieving the turkey, placing it ceremoniously atop the stove. "Whoa, it looks great!" He turned to smile proudly at Calla, giving her forehead a kiss.

code by valen t.

Blu
the faker
Blu felt her chin being raised as she looked at Della who was looking at her with the softest looks. She laughed softly "Same here." She said as she closed her eyes kissing Del back softly. She could have died right there and then, and she would have been at peace. She was at peace in Del's arms, and in her small apartment, it hasn't felt anything less than home. She was home with her. "I was always good at studying. You are looking at one of the top students in her high school." She said with a smirk as she kissed Della back. She never knew someone's lips could be so addicting. So inviting. So understanding. She loved kissing the young mom, and kissing her drew out her desire to have her. She pulled away as Della addressed her.

"I am completely and utterly in love with you too, I just want this to be perfect." Blu said softly to her felt Della pushing her on her back. She looked up to see Della hovering over her, as she began to kiss her neck, making her breath hitched as she moves her neck to give her more room. She softly smilies listening to her words "You and me both my love. " She said softly as she feels Della's leaving love bites on her collarbone making Blu moan out softly as she loses all sense of mind and falls completely to the way that Della making her feel. Blu felt her hand skim the bottom of her breast. She is more than out of it. She felt Della move away from her collarbone and she looked at the young woman above her. All she could think was that 'wow, she's so fucking beautiful. I'm so in love with you.' She brings up her hand cupping her cheek "I love you too. She said softly as she felt Della kiss her again. She was about to kissing the kiss when she heard a small voice at the foot of the bed.

Blu and Della hurried up and got up looking normal. She felt herself blush as she looked at Della. Ever must had asked them that...and they never heard her because they..were busy. She laughed nodding "Her own room...would be a good idea." She said as she climbs out of bed giving Della and Ever a kiss on their forehead as they went to get ready. She herself also got ready. Blu was leaning against the door waiting for the two girls.

Blu remembered a time before where she went out to play in the park with her favorite girl. She shook her head of the thoughts. Scarlet was living her life free of the trouble of being the gay's little sister. She left her for that reason and that reason alone. She shook her head as she waited for Della and Ever

Her little family.

della apartment
nervous and shy.
coded by natasha.

Della Bressett
834ac78f25e76c1b330f8a7708b97e665de11ba2.gifv

Della took Everleigh to her dresser and pulled out a wooly sweater for the kid as well as a beanie. She also helped the toddler into her ugg boots then went to the door to meet Blu. Slipping an arm around Blu's waist she gave Blu a little peck on the lips but was interrupted by Everleigh planting a big smackey kiss on the blue haired girls cheek. With a laugh Della looked at Everleigh who had a goofy smile on her lips, "park!" Was all the girl said and swung her legs which bumped against Della's leg. With an eyeroll, Della took Blu's hand and led them out of the basement suite to Everleigh's stroller outside.
After buckling the toddler in she looked to Blu and smiled, "it's this or the kid leashes." It was always her tradition with Everleigh to stop and get ice cream but now it was too cold for that so when they got to the convenience store Della bought the small girl a little hot chocolate from their cappuccino machine then got both her and Blu a cappuccino. "Usually it's i.c.e.c.r.e.a.m" She said in a whisper and handed Blu her a cup, beginning their way toward the park. Once at the park, Della let Everleigh out of the stroller then put a straw in the hot chocolate so Everleigh could take gentle sips to not burn herself. When the little one was done one sip she handed the cup to Blu then took off toward the jungle gym to start playing.
Hooking an arm through Blu's, Della sat close to the other girl so that their legs were touching, and rested her head on Blu's shoulder. Her and Everleigh had been coming to the park alone for months now. It was always alone, with their ice cream, and silence. The difference now was that Blu was here too, the person whom Everleigh looked up to and trusted to be the parent that she was missing.
"Oh! We could look at condo's now." Della sat up some and pulled out her phone to scroll through listings. The girl pointed out a few that seemed big enough in budget until she stopped at one and began to thoroughly look through the photos. The yard was big, it was pretty close to the park that they were currently at, 4 bedrooms with two full baths and one half bath. If she had wanted it for just her and Everleigh it wouldn't work budget wise since it was 200 over what she could do alone but with Blu she had hope. "What about this one?" She asked Blu, her eyes lit with excitement. She didn't want to say it had room to grow just yet, but if her and Blu were serious it was a house that was perfect for a family. "It's rent to own too... If we like it maybe one day we could buy it." She said, glancing at Everleigh as she went across the little zip line with a cute excited scream.

Processing. . . .

outfit: here

mood: nervous+determined

Arthur says. . . .

The rest of dinner went smoothly. It seemed like her Sobo liked Niila a lot which was a good thing. Her Jii-san however didn't say anything and just continued eating. That worried Arthur slightly,but she hoped he wouldn't do anything rash a lot all.

"Arthur. Let's go ahead and bring out dessert okay?" Her grandmother said while getting up. Arthur nodded and gave Niilas hand a quick squeeze to reassure him that he wasn't alone.

As the two women went to the kitchen Jii-san was looking at Niila. His hand was under his chin like he was thinking of what to say.

"Arthur.." he started off by saying.

"She is very important to me. Like I said earlier. I have seen her come back here with many tears in her eyes because of guys who don't treat her well. We have seen a lot,but this is the..this is the first time that she has spoke up to me. Which tells me 4 things." He said holding up four fingers and glancing over at Arthur. Her and her grandmother laughing about something he could comprehend.

"The first is that she is serious about you. The second is that I 'should' be nice since you aren't going away from her life anytime soon it seems. The third is that a 'should' trust you. And the fourthand most important. She is happy." He sighed as he rubbed his temples together.

"I will give you a chance,but you have to promise to do everything you can to make her happy. She deserves only the best and if she thinks that you can provide that for her..who am I to stand in the way. Right?" Jii-san asked Niila across the table.

@Myling
coded by kaninchen

Wynn Jones
93c28592227e_ladybird2.gif

Wynn didn't expect to find his mom home when he got back from the library to pack his things. He didn't expect Jenny to invite him to stay at her family's house, but after what his mom had done when she found him sneaking in at Halloween, he knew he couldn't stay or his freedom would be completely gone. But the look on her face now was worse. Sure, his back still hurt from the lashings she had done at Halloween, but he was used to those. Now, he wasn't sure what she'd do with him sneaking in once again, "I knew I couldn't trust you. I knew you'd sneak out again. I told you that town is full of nothing but sin and filth." He could hear her tone was angry and snarky. But he didn't say anything as he pushed passed to his room, which she just followed him to.
"All they'll do is corrupt you Wynn, no one there cares about you, they probably already think you're a freak." She taunted as he packed up his clothes into a backpack, "I don't care, mom. I'm not doing this anymore." He told her as he slung his bag over his shoulder then secured it with the other arm. "If you leave, God will send you to hell." The woman responded and began doing a prayer as she blocked him from leaving his room. "Move." He told her as she continued her prayer, "I said move mom." And when the woman did not move, Wynn pushed passed her. He was bigger than her though he was weak from little to no exercise other than the biking he was doing to town.
When he reached the kitchen to leave out the side door he felt a sharp pain dig into his arm, "you will sit boy, and you will pray with me. Get whatever sin has entered your body from all the sneaking off." It hurt as her nails dragged into his arm as he yanked it away, "I'm not you mom. I don't care about God, or heaven, or hell. It's all made up in a book. This," he said as he angrily grabbed her bible from her free hand, "this is a book with stories written by a man who wanted people to feel not alone." He told her as he walked over to the junk drawer and pulled out a lighter, "it's a leather binding with paper inside." He said as he lit the book in flames.
The woman's screaming caught him off guard as she came toward him and grabbed it to put it in the sink, "you have tarnished the words of God. You have defied all he wishes for us. You're the devil. My boy is the devil." She mumbled and he noticed as she grabbed a knife off the counter, "you're no good, like you're father." She said as she began to come toward him. It wasn't hard to disarm the woman who then retaliated against him by slapping him across the face, her nails crossing his skin as she did so, leaving little trails of blood from his cheek bone to his lip. The boy looked at her in shock as he chucked the knife across the kitchen and quickly left the house. She was losing it.
Hopping on his bike he quickly took off back to town, peddling as fast as he could. By the time he reached town, despite the cold, he was sweating and he cheek was still bleeding. He knew she wouldn't step anywhere neat Anchor Bay so he stopped for a moment to swipe at the blood on his cheek and lip with his sleeve. He hoped Jenny wouldn't ask questions about what happened with his mom. Starting up biking again, Wynn eventually made it to Jenny's house and parked his bike to lean against the side of the house just in case his mom did come searching, he wanted it out of view. Swiping at his cheek again he went up the front steps and rang the doorbell.
Mentions: Qwertycakes Qwertycakes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back