• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We All Break Sometimes (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
MOOD: conflicted; united; concerned; in love

OUTFIT Liv Nolan

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

purplecowdutch purplecowdutch (Alistair)

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Eileen)
tags
TL;DR
Nolan and Olivia, made for each other. It will always be them.
tl;dr
The Marriotts
I'll love you despite whatever crap life might throw our way

Olivia joined her husband not long after he stepped inside, as if she wanted him to stop spending time with Eileen. She slipped her arm into the crook of his as she looked at the shorter brunette woman. Eileen, it was nice to meet you. The words that leave Olivia's mouth sound sweet, but Nolan knew his wife. Two more seconds in that environment and she was going to do something that Liv does when she feels threatened.

He unwraps his arm from her to replace it on her waist, pulling her closer. A soft look of love landing on Liv's features and she returns his affection with a soft smile. We'll meet again Eileen, we just have to deal with a family emergency, real quick. Nolan's looking at Eileen again, but he looks at her in a way that signified that they were not just two strangers again. There was promise in his words; they were going to meet again. After Eileen's quick departure, the Marriotts turn away, wrapped in each other as they walk towards the exit.

Olivia glances back a little, wanting to see how Eileen felt about Nolan and Olivia leaving together, just like they had arrived, but right next to the middle aged woman was Alistair, and Liv could only feel a little guilty.

The married couple make their way through the venue, somehow unwrapping themselves from each other to clutch hands as if their life depended on it. They move in silence, not angry or upset with each other, just silence. The firefighter walks his wife to her side of the car, opening the door for her and letting her settle in the leather seat. He kisses her hand which she in turn slips to caress his stubbled cheek, the action bringing a smile to both their faces. Again, the sit side by side in the car, in comfortable silence, their hands joined together in the middle, her wedding ring's cool metal pressing into his warm skin. I love you Olivia, you know that right?

I love you too Nolan, always.

code by valen t.

MOOD: ...

OUTFIT:
Summertime

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Nolan ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie
Liv ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie
Alistair purplecowdutch purplecowdutch
Niila Myling Myling

tags
TL;DR Oliver's mom is kinda pleasant when she wants to be. Somehow that makes it worse..
tl;dr
Eileen and Oliver
Family priorities.

“We'll meet again Eileen, we just have to deal with a family emergency, real quick.”

“Of course. Take care, Nolan. Lovely seeing you, Olivia.”
Her smile only faded once the two of them disappeared out of the room.
Family emergency…
Somehow, those words still hung in the air after they'd left. Eileen shrugged lightly, brushing it off. Family. Of course. The two of them, Nolan and his wife...
His wife. Something a little more than jealousy rubbed Eileen the wrong way when it came to Olivia Matthews-Marriott. Just an instant dislike of the pretty, well-off young woman that stormed off with Alistair for most of the night. What was it about her, even?

"I guess that's my cue to head out for the night. Got to be home before anyone misses me." The bittersweet tone of her voice at the last bit of her sentence betrayed a slight wry sarcasm. Of course, she'd said nothing of her own family to Alistair yet. Alistair was an escape, a hookup... no need to burden him with all that.
So why had she told Nolan?
Nolan was different. They'd only just met, and already Eileen was unsure of what they would become, but also deeply, tantalizingly curious.
Yes, they would surely meet again.

Luckily, she was well and off the ship before a certain rowdy group of girls cut it loose from the docks.

Still in her long evening dress and heels, Eileen walked through the town back towards where the taller scaffolded buildings struck out against the treeline. Decades after the last of the factories were shut down, one could still smell the smoke and residual soot when walking in this district. It was the last remaining relic of a side of Anchor Bay that had since gentrified in much the same way that all other Massachusetts small towns did, eventually. Affluent folk loved the romantic seaside, the historical buildings, the beautiful scenery... and everyone else got gently pushed into the margins.

On her way back towards the haggard Pritchford Lane apartment complex that she lived in, Eileen passed by the bus stop in front of the SuperPlus convenience store that faintly lit up the sidewalk with the artificial green-red-blue glow of its sign. She paused for a moment, thinking of stopping inside for some cigarettes or a few small necessities, when she noticed the two boys loitering in front of the store.
One of them sat beside an ice chest and the other looking off, as though waiting for someone to come back from inside. Both had the same sort of dark hair and simple attire, and for a moment it almost tricked her into passing them off as brothers, until she saw the smaller of the boys seemed nervous and flighty, tugging at strands of his hair, his head held tilted at an odd angle that immediately reminded her of--
Her son. Oliver. It had to be him. No doubt in her mind. In seconds, she was running up to them.

“There you are!”

Oliver nearly jumped to his feet, flinching and backing away as she approached him. She could already hear him start stammering, trying to work up an apology, but Eileen knew better than to think he could bring himself to speak. Poor boy could never get a word out under stress, and in a way, that was probably for the better.

Eileen stepped between the two boys, taking Oliver by the wrist. Though her teenage son was nearly as tall as she was, she snaked an arm around his skinny frame and squeezed him close to her side as though he were a small child. Oliver, who almost always recoiled away from touch, stood petrified like a statue, hardly even blinking as his mother’s hand cupped his chin to turn his head towards her.

“Oh, I’ve been looking for you everywhere. I called the neighbors– do you know how worried I was? Do you even know? Oh. I was so scared…” Eileen’s soft, hushed voice might have seemed soothing to an unfamiliar listener. Her thumb brushed across her son’s cheek, stopping when he shivered and tried to pull away.

She turned to the other boy, with a tired but warm smile. “Oh my, I’m so sorry. This is... my son, Oliver. He wanders off sometimes... I swear, he's not supposed to be out on his own this late. He needs someone looking out for him, always needed extra care...” Oliver, who had nothing to say, simply stared at the ground with his eyes half-closed, shrinking as far away from everyone as he could get while still being held protectively to his mother's side. So totally still that he looked almost ghostly.

“I have to get him home now. Here’s my number if this ever happens again. And don’t hesitate to ask me anything.” Retrieving a pencil and small notepad from her purse, she scratched out her phone number and name on a sheet of paper, carefully ripping it off to hand it to Niila. "Apologies again." Arm gently but firmly around her son's shoulders, she turned and the two of them left.

No one would hear from Oliver again until the morning.

code by valen t.

MOOD: nervous; upset; heartbroken

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
@tamarapasek (Ashley)

Qwertycakes Qwertycakes (Dustin)

purplecowdutch purplecowdutch (Vincent)

INT:
Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max)
tags
TL;DR
she's heartbroken and needs to get off the boat.

tl;dr
Winnie Matthews
the scars you can't see are the hardest to heal

When Winona danced, when she ran on the track field, when she painted in her room as the sun came up, she felt like flying. There was something carefree and free about making art, about performing to win, about Winona using her talents to not only impress the world but herself as she pushed limits put upon them. But when she flew over that small space between the dock and the boat, Winnie felt herself running away and she felt scared and broken and hurt.

The wind beating against her face as she jumped was not the only thing that was there, but tears as well. And when she landed alongside Max, adrenaline and heartbreak hit her all at once. She teetered over slightly, a dull pain shooting in her lower back and her friend grasping at her as he tried to stand back up too. The awareness of her own feelings, was put on pause for a second as she glanced over Max. He looked sick and she felt guilty for doing something so reckless to her friend who's heart sat on the weaker side. Her actions along with everything else that she was feeling make her laugh.The sound echoing from the deep trenches of her, the sound seemingly impossible after the day she had.

It's too good to be true, because she starts crying again. Her hands clutching at the sleeves of Max as she shook her head. I'm sorry Max. She's also laughing, the situation of everything around them confusing everything more. That was so stupid of me. I'm sorry.

When he offers to leave, she nods, relief flooding over her. She takes her hand off of him and signs to him. I drove, we can go to your house. I wasn't really having a good time here. Winnie didn't know why she didn't tell MAx that she and Dusting broke up, or rather she broke up with Dustin. Maybe saying it made it too real, and she wasn't ready to let go of the euphoria that came along with being Dustin's girlfriend. She takes his hand again, needing someone to ground her before she possibly did something else stupid. She was probably squeezing his hand hard enough to maybe break something.

They make it to her car and she sits there for a moment, not looking at Max as to calm herself. She wipes the mess that's on her face before looking at her friend, a soft smile on her face. Yeah, let's go.

code by valen t.

MOOD: stunned

OUTFIT: xxx

basics
MENTIONS:
Harper Dazzle Dazzle

INT:
Winona ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie
Ryan purplecowdutch purplecowdutch

tags
TL;DR
Max is about to get absolutely wrecked by his own anxiety
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

We accept the love we think we deserve.

"Winnie? You're crying..." Max noticed the tears streaking down his friend's face and his heart plummeted. What had happened? Winona was terrified of the ocean, and what had just happened certainly left both of them shaken up, but she looked heartbroken. He hadn't seen her cry like this since the months after her father was killed in the crash...
He couldn't just let his friend cry.
"...Hey, come here." he softly beckoned her closer and pulled her into a hug, letting her head rest on his shoulder, feeling her ragged breathing. When they broke apart, he saw that she looked like she was laughing through the tears. He didn't know how to feel about that, or how to interpret the emotions she was going through. He didn't ask her again if she was alright; he knew she wasn't. But it felt wrong not to say anything to her now.
The two of them started walking back towards Winnie's car, her still drying her face and Max walking with a slight limp from hitting his knee on the wooden dock. Winnie too seemed to be walking with some discomfort: Max didn't know that her back was still bothering her, though there was concern in his eyes when he looked over at her. He gently but awkwardly patted her shoulder, trying unsuccessfully to lighten the mood. He couldn't stop thinking about where Harper was now. Why hadn't she said anything when she got off the boat? Why did she leave him hanging? Harper would never lie to him, but he wondered if there was some reason why she hadn't told him until it was too late to get back to him.
He'd never be able to ask her, so he pushed the thought aside.

It was all he could do now not to throw up in Winnie's car. Or really, not throw up in her car again. Max had a well-earned reputation for having a weak stomach, but he never wanted that misfortune to fall on anyone but himself. The last thing Winona needed tonight was another incident.
Luckily, he managed to get her attention in time for her to pull to the curb.

Max's house wasn't a long drive from the waterfront, but after stopping to let Max cough up his guts on the side of the road and getting turned around a couple of times after that, it took them a while to arrive there.
The front door into the living room was left open for them. When they stepped in, Max's father came up to greet them.
The doctor immediately noticed that the two kids looked like they'd had a rough night. Poor Winona tear-stained and weary, his son looking on the verge of a breakdown, both of them far too scuffed up and exhausted for just a boat party to have caused.
"Welcome back, both of you." Joel Berkowitz signed and spoke at the same time... which was a bit unusual, since Winnie was fluent enough that usually when it was just their two families they'd only be signing. They'd only do both if there was someone who didn't sign, which immediately had Max a little confused. "Is everyone okay? You two look like you could use something to drink. Go on inside and sit, okay? I'll make tea, or some hot chocolate, whatever you two decide on. No coffee this late for you, Max; you need to actually sleep tonight." The atmosphere in the house still felt weird to Max, who hadn't yet even taken off his shoes as he stepped into the foyer after Winnie.

Max looked over his father's shoulder into the living room. There was his mother, of course, who looked up from her tea to wave over to him and Winona, but next to her on the couch was someone else.
Someone Max didn't know. The anxious teen, already suspicious, narrowed his eyes and took a step back towards the porch.
"Dad, who's this?" He asked curtly, pointing.
He watched his father take a deep, exasperated sigh, and his mother quickly look back down into her teacup to do the same. Was he in trouble? What the hell was going on?
"Alright, why don't the two of you just take a seat for now." Joel nodded to the stranger on the couch, lacing his fingers together for a moment. The air was so heavy with tension that it seemed like the house would start to sink.
"Ryan, would you like to introduce yourself? No pressure. Whatever you're ready for."
code by valen t.

MOOD: excited, butterflies

OUTFIT: a blouse and a navy-blue blazer with black pants

basics
TL;DR Sed fermentum tortor nulla, vel sodales nibh bibendum eu. Maecenas a lacus a libero blandit commodo. In lobortis aliquam urna, id tempor ex semper at
tl;dr
vinnie lowes

Vinnie didn’t expect the tanned stranger to walk up to them and looked slightly agitated when he recognized the familiar face. Ronan was not his best friend but definitely the best friend of Kalila who unwillingly dragged Vinnie along with her and Ronan most of the time. Not only was he friends with Kalila but also with his now-girlfriend, the red haired girl in front of him.
Ronan was absolutely the biggest flirt he had ever experienced but knowing his history with their friends, Vinnie assumed it was just to annoy him

Dylan knew what he was doing when he suggested Vinnie would leave them for Ronan and he shared his younger brother a foul look. ‘Yes, Ronan,’ Vincent answered, now showing him the fake ID. Ronan put up puppy eyes to make him get some alcohol and Vinnie looked at Jenny hoping she would crush Ronan’s dreams right there and then but that obviously didn’t happen.

Though nobody gave a concrete answer, Ronan rambled on about his heart break which Vincent would honestly care less about. His mind was set on a bunch of different priorities and that was getting drunk, really fast.
Vincent looked at Dylan and Jenny, giving Dylan a small push and Jenny the opposite before he gazed at Ronan, giving him the cold shoulder. ‘We’ll get the alcohol, alright? But promise me, you'll behave,’ Vinnie said to Ronan who was excited for the both of them at this point. ‘So, who broke your heart?’ Vinnie asked before walking straight into the big crowd that had already arrived, he didn't remember ever asking Ronan anything personally but he seemed to be alright tonight and some distraction wouldn't hurt. The boat regatta was filled with people and though Vinnie knew most of the adults he didn't care to chit chat tonight, his parents wouldn't notice it anyway.

Vinnie was looking for Winnie but was afraid she had already left, he felt a little guilty he was still thinking about the gorgeous brunette while his girlfriend was right outside. ’What do you want to drink?’ Vinnie added before Ronan could answer,
‘to soften your pain.’
The young man now with a soft smile on his face, Jenny and Kalila would be proud to know he finally helped Ronan instead of slamming him down. Though he was helping him with alcohol it was more than he probably would have expected. 'I'd suggest a beer but knowing you, you'd probably want champagne or something fancy,' Vincent grinned before holding his hand up at the bar to get the bartender's attention.

code by valen t.

MOOD: vague, numb

OUTFIT: a white shirt and a blue jeans, kicked off sneakers

basics
TL;DR Sed fermentum tortor nulla, vel sodales nibh bibendum eu. Maecenas a lacus a libero blandit commodo. In lobortis aliquam urna, id tempor ex semper at
tl;dr
Ryan miller

Ryan tapped on the steering wheel as he stared at the big family house from a safe distance, he had put the volume of the radio up and smoked at least half of his pack he just bought. His mom had kicked him out a couple of weeks ago and after couch surfing on some friend's couches he had now made the decision to look up his official birth-father. He had known the address for at least half his life but after the stories his mom had told him, he believed he would be off worse here. That was one of the many lies she had told him and part of the reason he had lit up half the school. Well, that sounded way worse than what actually happened but he wasn't going to think about that anymore. From now on, what was in the past stays in the past and he would not look back to that shitty, forgotten town he came from.

Only minutes later he stood eye in eye with Dr. Berkowitz, his eyes peeked through the giant house which only looked more immense now he actually got in. Ryan forgot that in a split second he must have messed up their entire lives, the shock on both of their faces made him feel upset and even a bit angry. He was forgotten and grew up with his toxic mom while he could've been here, in this friendly suburban where he would've gotten anything his heart desired.
They were friendly too him, maybe even a little too friendly. Their shock grew as Ryan told them he was kicked out a couple of weeks ago and looking for a place to stay, a decision they obviously had to think about although Joel seemed like he wanted nothing less for his new found son. Ryan didn't trust a single bit of it, his southern accent thick, as he explained what happened. Well, not everything that happened of course. In this story he was definitely more of a victim than the arsonist the others in his town made him out to be, maybe this story was actually the true narrative, at least that's what Ryan wished it was.

After a few hours of him sitting on the couch and overcoming the shock he actually had a little half-brother, Ryan couldn't believe what he was hearing and faked the worst fake smile he ever had. He couldn't believe he was not only put aside for years but that there was a better version of him. It almost felt like an alternate universe and Ryan was stuck in the wrong one. After discussing for a while, Joel came to the conclusion

Though this definitely wasn't an easy conversation for both of the parties, Ryan had made himself quite comfortable on the brown couch filled with cushions. He had kicked off his shoes and put his white, dirty socks now on the table while Rachel made him tea. Ryan was pretty sure these two were insane and they would've let anyone in at this point, he had never met anyone like them. Joel had given him a little heads up his half-brother Max would be coming home and as he heard the door open, his eyes waited patiently for the gaze of his other half. His socks still out on the coffee table as he saw not only one but two enter the door, it was easy to see who was his little brother now.

The dark brown haired boy stood back a bit, obviously shaken up by the whole stranger sitting on their couch thing, he wondered if it ran in the genes. Ryan looked up at the two and noticed the girl next to him, was that his girlfriend? Ryan noticed the puffy eyes right away, guessing they both had a rough night and it wouldn't get a lot easier.
Joel came back and gave him a heartwarming smile before asking him to introduce himself; Ryan on his turn put down the tea and patted on the couch as if it was his home to invite them to sit next to the young man. He now coughed a little before stating his name.
'
I'm Ryan, I'm Joel's long, lost son.' The words came out easy and he put on a smile, looking at his new parents before placing his gaze on the two newcomers. 'I know, you wouldn't say so, right?' Ryan said, pointing to Joel and then pointing towards his own face, hoping the joke would break a bit of the tension in the air. Ryan had never been shy or been shy being the center of attention, it was just sad he never had the chance to be the center but now he was here he would take full advantage of it.

'I actually came from Texas, today. Houston to be specific. I heard a lot about you. Max, right?' Ryan followed up as he looked at the girl. 'And m'lady next to him. I hope not another one of my siblings?'

code by valen t.

MOOD: nervous; upset; heartbroken; uncomfortable; confused

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max) (Joel)

purplecowdutch purplecowdutch (Ryan)
tags
TL;DR

tl;dr
Winnie Matthews

This was not what Winona expected to see when she walked into the Berkowitz's home. She'd been to the Berkowitz's house plenty of times as the two families had gotten close since they first met. Coming over had been a sort of solace, especially after her own dad had died. Right now she just wanted that same solace, maybe start on Max's room like she had promised to do that summer. Summer was quickly coming to an end and for a second time in her life she was grateful for that, she needed another distraction. The regrets, memories, doubts were all too overbearing.

Is everyone okay? You two look like you could use something to drink. Everything was not okay, and she could definitely use a drink. Winnie felt guilty for even thinking about drinking. She hadn't had a drink in over a year, she couldn't let some guy derail that. Albeit, the guy was someone that she loved in a healthy way and provided her with a happiness that she had been looking a while for. He wasn't some guy, he was Dustin Thackery. She is so blinded by her thoughts that she doesn't absorb the situation at first, but when the words long, lost son settle on her ears, she finally notices the somewhat attractive guy that is sitting in the Berkowitz living room.

Ryan, as he had introduced himself as, somehow was able to exhibit a chaotic aura that definitely contrasted the calm environment Max's house usually put out. It didn't make Winnie uncomfortable, but Winnie was very much aware of the older boy. She hears him try to make light of the situation, and her hands try to catch up in sign to translate. Though Max could read lips and probably didn't need help, it was a bit of a reflex. The news surprises Winnie and causes for her to reevaluate everything that she thought of Dr. Berkowitz, the man that kind of became a surrogate father to her. She glances to the older Berkowitz before answering Ryan's question, his accent adding charm to his words. Uh...n–no. Just a friend of Max's.

Winnie can't take another emotion on her plate, especially not whatever she was feeling now as she glanced between Max, Dr. Berkowitz, Mrs. Berkowitz, and this new Ryan character. This seems...Winnie has to stop herself and start over as she was only signing, remembering that Ryan didn't know sign language. This seems like an important discussion for the family, maybe I shouldn't be here. Her statement dwindles into a whisper, and her hands even stop moving, that she isn't sure if anyone else knew that she wanted to leave.

It seemed like all Winnie wanted to do today was run. But again, she couldn't bring herself to leave Max, so even though the question was up in the air, she didn't move. Waiting for her friend's reaction to all this.
code by valen t.

MOOD: stunned

basics
MENTIONS:
Zach
Isa

INT:

tags
TL;DR
Awkward Family Shit
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

"I'm Ryan, I'm Joel's long, lost son."
Rachel and Joel Berkowitz both seemed a bit surprised that Ryan was ready to come out with that knowledge right away. They'd let him know beforehand that they were perfectly happy to just tell Max that he was a friend staying with the family for a while, and break the news to him later, but it might be better to just lay it all out now. The two parents watched their child, waiting for his response and seeing that he already wasn't taking it well.

Max was dumbstruck, hardly breathing.
Son?
He didn't see it right. No. No way. There was no way that was true.
Max turned to Winnie in disbelief, begging for confirmation. Winona, kindly interpreting for her friend, said the same. Max's hand clamped over his mouth, stifling a strangled cry that quickly turned into hyperventilating gasps. He felt as though his throat were closing off, his lungs filling with cement. Like he was drowning. There was no way that the guy sitting across from him in his own how was his brother. Max was an only child, always had been... there was Isa, who affectionately called Max her little brother, but they weren't related in the slightest. And until Anchor Bay, the only friend he ever had was Zach. And while there was nothing particularly brotherly about Zach and Max's odd friendship, he'd never grown up even thinking that he could have a sibling.
“Did you cheat!?” Max blurted out at his father. Just about every face in the room turned red.
“Oy, Max! Of course not. This was… this would have been a year before I met your mother.” The doctor glanced over at Winona and then at Ryan and his wife, mouthing an apology to all three of them. He wasn’t about to explain in detail the kind of antics he got up to when he was in medical school. Rachel knew; they were always open about those things with each other since they began a committed relationship seventeen years ago. But even though they were both fully aware of what things were like back then, neither of them could ever have predicted this.
Why Ryan's mother had never said a word, they may never find out.

“I don’t understand.” Max's words were almost lost to his trembling hands. "Why would you... why is... why..."
Seeing her husband start to falter for a response, Rachel took a turn guiding the panicked conversation. “It’s a complicated situation, Max. Very complicated. We don't have all the details ourselves, and…”
"SO WHY DON'T YOU ASK HIM!?"
“Max! Manners!” Mrs. Berkowitz signed sternly, matching her son's lightning-quick pace.
Joel pinched the bridge of his nose for a moment, silently counting to ten. “Max. I’m going to ask you to calm down.” This conversation was doomed. There was no way to bring Max down now and he knew it. Of all the days that Ryan could have shown up at their doorstep, it had to be today...

Poor Winona, who had walked into the middle of this unknowingly, started to excuse herself. "This seems like an important discussion for the family, maybe I shouldn't be here." Of course, the Berkowitzes understood. The girl didn't need this dropped on her. Not right now, especially when she'd only come by expecting a normal night hanging out with their son. Tonight was anything but that, and it was clear that both she and Max had already been having a rough day.
“Oh, of course, of course.” Joel Berkowitz nodded, clearly making an effort to stay composed. “This was all very unexpected. I apologize. You don’t need to stay for this, Winona.”

“You know what?” Max interjected, speaking out loud. His parents both looked at him, shock crossing their faces.
“Maybe-- Maybe I shouldn’t be here.” Max always had a pronounced deaf accent that was heightened by stress, making understanding his words a bit difficult if one wasn't used to the way that he sounded. After getting picked on for it all throughout elementary and middle school, he always avoided using his voice unless he needed to.
"I can't be here. I can't. You... I can't believe you."
He stood up from the couch, his parents both bolting up after him as they saw him start storming off towards the door. For a normal family, having a teenager storm out of the house in the middle of a family disaster wouldn't be such a cause for alarm, but after everything that had happened this year... Max's parents had learned to be worried.
"Max!!"
But before they could say or do anything to him, Max bolted down the front steps and ran down the street.

code by valen t.

MOOD: vague, numb

OUTFIT: a white shirt and a blue jeans, kicked off sneakers

basics
tl;dr
Ryan miller

Ryan knew what he was getting into when he knocked on the door but never did he expect himself to come in a situation like this. All eyes were focused on him as he felt thankful when the dark-haired girl answered. She knew how to sign perfectly and he wondered if she herself had any hearing problems.
Max on the other hand, took the news, well, differently. The boy standing in the light blue suit reminded him a lot of the older man next to him, Ryan couldn’t help but wonder if he had any similarities with the two as he looked unconsciously at his hands.

‘Did you cheat!?’ Ryan looked at Joel before looking back at Max who was very obviously losing his marbles at this point. Ryan’s gaze was shooting back and forth between the two while Joel mouthed an inaudible sorry. His eyes fell on the tall girl who Joel called Winona, she mumbled something about how this should be a private conversation but in all honestly Ryan didn’t feel the same awkward tension they were all experiencing. He was actually enjoying the drama happening all around him.

Max interrupted the two and Ryan slid to the edge of the couch to hear what he had to say, he had a hard time understanding his half brother but the anger wasn’t to be misunderstood. He was really angry and not even at him, no, at his own father. Ryan met with Max's eyes at one point in between the yelling, he was pretty sure they wouldn't get along and Ryan already despised him for having the childhood he never had. Ryan looked at him daring, he wasn't going to let anyone push him away again.

The blue suit disappeared after the door slammed only seconds behind him, Ryan couldn’t believe what he was seeing. His mother would’ve told him to not come back but the Berkowitz actually seemed to care. They wanted him back.
Ryan stood up as Ms and Mr. Berkowitz seemed in obvious distress but he kept quiet and softly smiled as they both looked apologetic at the new stranger in their house.

The two way too caring parents stepped outside the house, hoping to catch a glimpse of their boy. Ryan didn’t think he would be too hard to find, Max his blue suit lighted up the whole neighborhood.
Ryan stood outside for a second before looking back inside, he had only been here for an hour and it already felt like he broke up another household. ‘That was a great entrance, wasn’t it?’ He spoke after a moment of silence, looking at Winona, the mysterious girl he wondered what she was doing here in the first place. ‘Do you often stir up a room like this?’ Ryan added jokingly, reaching in his pocket for a lighter.

code by valen t.

MOOD: possibly buzzed

OUTFIT:

basics
TL;DR
tl;dr
Astraea Dupante
there are so many beautiful reasons to be happy....

Astraea was glad to have run into such a friendly face, but Derrick’s comment did get her thinking. Maybe hanging out with a stranger when she was plastered wasn’t her best idea… Though, it wasn’t any better than her walking into the bar without shoes. Though, she was still curious as to what Rhys’ answer would be. “Hey… Are you dangerous?”

“I mean. Not that I think you are, but my friend is freaking out and he wanted me to ask.” She spoke over the music to the best of her ability. Usually Astraea was easily loud, but the night was wearing on her and she was getting pretty tired. Especially after everything she had gone through.

“Hi!” Astraea smiled at his friends at the bar. “I hit him pretty hard, I knocked his hat off and everything! Not that I meant… It wasn’t on purpose.”

Astraea let Rhys’ lead the way over to his table. Though she didn’t have much choice, it was nice to meet some other faces in town. Astraea took the seat next to the man that Rhys called… Dani? That’s what she thought he said at least. She couldn’t be too sure. “Okay..” She said softly as she rested her arms on the table leaning her chin against them.

“Oh… I didn’t think you did… Do? Do strangers do that????” Astraea lifted her head slightly, you could see behind her eyes, her mind was running wild, but her body had slowed down after all the shots that her and Carson had taken that night. The adrenaline that had been keeping her going for so long began to wear off and she was ready to find her way home and into bed. Maybe bug Artie to tuck her in even.

hmm?” She mumbled meeting Dani’s eyes. “Oh… The harbor, they had that boat.. race thing. But they don’t actually race boats.. It’s weird.”

Rhys returned to the table rather quickly, or at least time had felt like it had passed quickly. Astraea wasn’t too sure how long he had actually been gone. “I’m too tired to eat now…” Astraea turned her head to the side, though she could feel her stomach start to tighten from the lack of food, and her nose was hit with the smell of fried food.

“Though.” She lifted her head off the table once more. “I think I could be convinced…”

code by valen t.

Processing. . . .

outfit: link here

mood: everywhere

Arthur says. . . .

After she came back from the bathroom she told Oliver to tell her when he's home and then it was just Niila and her. All she needed to do was release the crab and that was it. Maybe go to the emergency room by herself if her hand doesn't get better.

Nilla and her walked to the beach and even after releasing the crab they stayed there. Arthur didn't know how long it had been, but the sun had set already and the street lights started to come on. Did she notice? No. She was laying on Niilas chest and that's all she was focused on. Was she too heavy? Was her breathing too hard? Was he just being nice-- no no she couldn't think like that. He wouldn't do that.. he said he would be truthful to her. Usually she didn't trust many people, but just him saying those sweet words kept her bad thoughts at bay.

Her hand was atop of his warm rising chest. Arthur could even hear his day heart beat faintly. A smile rose to her lips at how cute that was. She lightly gripped on his shirt to maybe get it attention before opening her mouth. "Niila..I don't want to leave, but it wouldn't be good if you got a cold or something" she said with a small giggle before reluctantly raising her head off of his chest and sitting herself up. Arthur looked around to see nobody was really around except a few stragglers. She ran her good hand through her blonde hair, as she figured it was messy, before pulling down her pantlegs and putting on her shoes. After she was done she felt bad that Niila was waiting on her. "Sorry I'm moving slow.. I'm just tired" she said, yawning a few seconds after and standing up.

How far is my place again? Ugh..and then he's probably gonna go home right now too so I'll be alone walking by myself. He wouldn't walk me home, right? No he wouldn't.. he's probably happy that he's leaving so he doesn't have to deal with me anymore today.

Arthur was right beside him as they started walking. "Y-You're going home right now..huh?" She said, her light brown eyes looking down at her shoes as she started to get anxious. Her arms were crossed around her body while the slight wind blew stands of her blonde hair everwhere and her soft lips were being bit by her teeth.

Eww you sound desperate and not cute at all ahhhh I need to stop talking so much..we are almost at the part where we would need to spilt ways anyways..he'll be free of me. Must be ecstatic..

@Myling @ChimneySwift
coded by kaninchen

Last edited:

scroll

angry puppy

Niila.

mood

Hoping to spend some more time with Arthur

outfit

SuperPlus > Beach

interactions

Arthur

”Okay. Maybe that helps.”
Niila answered to Arthur who decided to go to give a wash to her hands. She walked inside the store and Niila was left in Oliver’s company to the store’s parking lot. “I hope she really is fine.” Niila mumbled more to himself than to the younger boy. He didn’t know the other boy that well and it was in fact a little awkward now that Arthur was gone.

Niila didn’t know whether he should try to do some small talk or just stay quiet. HIs left hand went on top of his head, moving a couple dark brown hair strands away from his eyes. Then he opened his mouth to speak and looked at Oliver. He didn’t know what to say and decided against speaking, so he ended up closing his mouth.

Niila hoped Arthur would come back soon. And soon a woman joined him and Oliver, but it was no Arthur but the boy’s mother. Apparently she had been looking for Oliver. The atmosphere changed once again, but into what? Niila couldn’t tell. Oliver’s mother seemed friendly enough but something was off.

She started apologizing and even gave her phone number to Niila. “Umm.. It’s all right.” Niila simply said. He didn’t know what else to say or how he was expected to act. Niila watched as their backs faded away. He was let all alone and honestly that felt better than being left alone with someone he didn’t know that well.

Niila and Arthur had stayed on the beach for a while even after releasing the crab. Sun was setting down and Arthur looked breathtakingly in the lightning, not that she looked awful in any lightning. Niila was laying on top of the sand and Arthur on top of him. They were close together and it felt extremely nice.

So when Arthur lightly gripped on his shirt and stated her worries about Niila catching a cold, the boy just chuckled. "I won't catch a cold that easily. Do you know how cold it gets in Finland in winter time?" He smiled at the girl before continuing his speech. "Besides, even if I catch a cold, it's totally worth spending this moment with you. So let's just stay like this for a little while."

Niila watched endearingly arthur who fixed her blond long locks. She ran her non injured hand through her blonde hair, putting on her shoes. Niila rose in a sitting position and waited for the girl to get ready. He wished they could have laid on the sand a while longer.
But maybe it was better this way: he didn't want to catch any feelings if Arthur wasn't feeling the same towards him. And even when he kept saying that to himself, deep down Niila knew he had already catched all the feelings towards Arthur.

"Oh, it's all fine." He answered to Arthur who was apologizing for being so slow. Niila got up as well. He looked away from Arthur for a while, noticing the city's lights had turned on. They kept a close distance as they started walking away from the beach. "Umm.. Not yet. To be honest I would have preferred some more alone time with you. We didn't really have time to chat, did we?"

Niila said as he felt the embarrassment growing inside him. WOuld Arthur think he was being too clingy? Maybe he shouldn't have said that. But his mouth didn't obey his mind, but started to talk some more. "If you don't mind I could walk you to your home and perhaps we could do some chit chatting while walking?"

♡coded by uxie♡

Processing. . . .

mood: flustered

Arthur says. . . .

Arthur was taken aback a little as he suggested walking her home and talking more. Her face tinted pink,but only if he was looking he would've noticed since it was dark outside now. "No we didn't get to talk really...but I'd like it..i-if you walked me home I meant." She said flustered as she continued "I want to be with you longer so I really don't mind.." Now she's gone and done it. She hoped after he dropped her off home he wouldn't think of her as weird for wanting to doend more time with him. Or even to be laying an top of him like earlier. Just thinking about that made her brain go haywire, making her stumble as she walked. Her hand grabbed Niilas arm as to not face plant into the floor. She sighed. "I must be more tired than I thought" she laughed. Her hand did stay on his arm, keeping them closer together. She usually is a naturally fast walker,but she slowed down to hope for even a few more seconds with him.

As they walked Arthur pointed out alley ways people could get getting stabbed in at that moment or even a car rolling up and asking if they needed a ride before they go missing. All these scenarios she would usually keep to herself,but Niila said he didn't mind. Maybe she should've took that as don't talk TOO much about it. Even thinking about it like that it didn't stop her from talking. Her face was bright with enthusiasm while she talked, her hand squeezing Niilas arm from time to time.

"Sorry sometimes I forget that my thoughts can get pretty gruesome..haaahhh you'd probably prefer someone who talks about normal things like family or school." She admitted scratching the back of her head slightly as they neared her place.

She figured Niila would say bye to her and she'd go inside. She kept telling herself to just go inside and just say goodnight and that would be that. Did that happen? No. Of course not. Arthur wrapped her arms around his neck to pull him into a tight hug.

Should I even ask him to sleepover? No no he will think that's weird right? I..not to have sex with him- right now - or wait no no ughhh brain be quiet.

Her arms tightened around him without her saying much else except, "just a little longer please.." she mumbled in his ear, her soft lips grazing it in the process. His scent was filling her senses now instead of her usually orange scent. It was comforting and she could smell it all day. That's clingy though so she wouldn't acknowledge that thought..for now.

@Myling
coded by kaninchen

Last edited:

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

tags
TL;DR

tl;dr
Winnie Matthews

Winnie could see the panic starting to rise on Max's features and she expected him to run out of the room. His outburst was reasonable. It looked like Max was going through it too and Winnie felt a little guilty for not checking up on him, but with everything that has happened in the past few hours, she wasn't in the best state of mind.

When Max's parents move after him, she's awkwardly left behind with Ryan. She glances at him, trying to piece together who he was, her eyes glancing away from him when his settle on her. His comment about her stirring a room causes her to scoff, but gets her to look at him. That's all you, what a nice way to introduce yourself. She smiles, but it's small and a little forced. Look, it was nice meeting you, but I'm gonna go look for Max too. His parents probably won't find him.

And Winnie was sure she was right, though the Berkowitz's seemed like a family that was close, but she felt as if there was a lot of things that they kept from each other and from outsiders. Tonight, proved her point. She starts making her way towards the door as well, an apologetic look on her face as she was leaving this new guest in a home he didn't know. Again, sorry. But welcome to Anchor Bay, hope you like it. For just a second Winona is able to pull herself out of her sadness to make her smile as genuine as possible before she turns around and walks out of her friend's house. When Win gets in her car, her movements are basically automatic as she pulls her car towards the destination she thought Max would be.

It doesn't take long for the dancer to find the wandering boy. Max had slowed down from his run but she was sure that he was heading towards the town library. He looked so dejected and frazzled, she was sure that his mind was running a mile a minute. He doesn't see her at first, so Winnie parks her little Nissan, texts Dr. B, and gets out, running out to him. Soon, the two of them are walking side by side, in silence at first but then Winnie grabs his hand beckoning him to stop. This time she's the one that offers the hug, her arms wrapping over his shoulders and pulling him.

Tonight, they were each other's lifelines. She steps back to sign to him. Come on, I know where we can go. She loops her arm with his and leads him towards the only sanctuary she knew, the dance studio.
code by valen t.

scroll

angry puppy

Niila.

mood

Happy to spend more time with Arthur

outfit

Home route

interactions

Arthur

”That’s good then.”
Niila said with a big smile that would’ve been untypical for him if he was in anybody else’s company. But with Arthur on his side he tends to smile a lot more. For some reason it was easier for him to be honest with his feelings when the girl was around him.

Niila continued smiling like an idiot as they walked while chatting. Well it was more Arthur talking alone and Niila listening to her. Her subjects of talk were quite gruesome. She kept pointing out alley ways people could get stabbed or explaining scenarios of moments where a car would roll up asking if they needed a ride before they go missing.

One would be weirded out by this, but Niila knew Arthur’s interest in writing so he knew where the thoughts popped up. Besides, he loved seeing the girl happy and if Niila listening to such things made her happy, he would gladly do it. So when she started apologizing for talking about such things the boy just bursted out laughing.

“Please, you could talk about ear wax and I would be like please tell me more.” After that sentence the Finn was ready to punch himself. Really, earwax? Ugh. Why he must have said something so dumb. What would Arthur now think about him? Niila felt the sudden urge to explain his words further. He needed to fix this.

“Look I don’t care what you talk about, I’m just happy you're trusting me enough to share your thoughts. I like your smile when you explain about these things. So no, I wouldn't prefer someone else who would talk about boring things like school.” Niila was smiling once again as he looked at Arthur’s pretty brown eyes.

Niila had been so busy looking at Arthur that he was confused when they stopped walking. Right. They had come to Arthur’s house. There was no reason to walk anymore. DId this mean Niila needed to leave? He really didn’t want to. He was glad that he was able to spend some alone time with Arthur, but he was yearning for more.

Just when had he become so clingy? He really didn’t want to let Arthur go yet but spend more time with the girl. This really was not like him. He just hoped Arthur would ask him to stay, but that wouldn’t happen. Niila had barely spoken anything when they walked. Why would Arthur want to be any longer in company of someone who was so silent and boring?

So when Niila heard the words ‘just a little longer’, he wasn’t first sure if he had imagined it or if the girl had really stated that. “You want me to stay longer?” Niila’s voice was full of excitement and happiness but also hints of fear. What if he had mistaken and Arthur just wanted him to leave? That would make him sad.

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

ballet boy

Ronan.

mood

sad, angry

boat regatta

interactions

Vinnie

"Of course I will behave!"
Ronan said in his forced cheerful tone to Vinnie who had promised to get alcohol for him if he just behaved, “Who do you think I even am? Of course I won't let you down, Vinnie my love.” He then continued rambling with a hint of mischief in his tone. Oops, did he just say that when Jenny was around?

“Oops.. Sorry! I guess he’s your property now.” Ro then apologized for his friend Jenny, who just laughed at it shaking her head. It was a known fact Ronan flirted on Vinnie only to make him annoyed. Was he really into him? No. Well he was good looking, but Jesse was the one for him. Or perhaps Vanja once Ro just grew a little older.

Ronan grinned at Vinnie’s question. Ro had not mentioned any names but had he already given too much information? Jesse didn’t want him to talk about them to anyone and Ronan didn’t want to think about the consequences if he did so. “Umm.. He’s this one upperclassman but you probably don’t know him.” He simply answered.

Vinnie was acting suspiciously nice. He never asked such personal questions from Ronan nor smiled like that. It all made Ronan a little confused. All was good but all being so good made him feel like something bad would soon happen. It was the same constant feeling as in Jesse’s company. Oh.. Why did he keep constantly thinking about Jesse? He had promised himself to forget the older boy for this night and have fun, but so far it hasn't happened. Perhaps he doomed himself with all the Jesse thoughts or perhaps it was the irony of fate. No matter what it was, there they were: Sunny and Jesse. Ronan knew Jesse would bring the girl instead of him, but he couldn’t help but feel hurt by the sight.

Ronan wanted to go there and do something to make himself feel better. Oh how good it would feel to slap Jesse on the face or something. Instead Ro took a deep breath and turned his attention back to Vinnie. “Beer is fine. I’m not in fact used to the fancy stuff.” He simply answered the other boy’s rambling about Ronan preferring fancy stuff like champagne. Either Vinnie’s fake id was very convincing or the bartender didn’t mind giving alcohol to minors. Whatever it was they lucked out and got their beers. It was sorta mind blowing how easy it was. Time after time they were able to get more beers.

The longer the evening got, the drunker Ronan Became. In fact Ro started to feel pretty wasted. Standing became more difficult and everything seemed funny for some reason. Maybe alcohol really was a good way to handle emotions. Ronan wasn’t sure if he was actually having fun, but he surely didn’t feel as sad as before. Just as Ronan started to think that evening wasn’t too bad, he saw them again. Sunny and Jesse.

The girl was leaning over Jesse as if she owned him. It made Ronan both sad and furious. Oh how much he wished to be in the girl’s place. The more Ronan looked at them, the more hurt he felt. He stared directly at Jesse’s eyes. There was no remorse in them. At least that’s how drunk Ronan understood it. Did the blondie not know how hurt it made him?

’Fine, I’m gonna make you hurt too.’ Ro thought in his mind. So when Vinnie was once again going to get more beer, Ronan stopped him by gripping his hand. “Don’t go!” He said purposely in a too loud voice. Couple heads turned towards them, Jesse’s included. Ronan looked again directly at Jesse’s eyes before doing his next move. He got closer to Vinnie, forcefully grabbing the taller boy's face between his hands and kissed him. He knew it was wrong but at the moment it felt like a good decision.

♡coded by uxie♡

Processing. . . .

mood: flustered

Arthur says. . . .

Arthur heard his voice after she said just a little longer. "Only if you want to..I just..I don't want you to leave, but that sounds.. weird huh?" She said in a soft voice.

Out of all the times to be embarrassed this had to take the cake. Not only did she say that,but her mouth almost blurted out what she really wanted to say. She just wanted to be in his company for as long as she could be. If he would even want to maybe come up then she would gladly just melt and die happy.

She pulled away from the hug slowly, avoiding eye contact at first. "And if you want to..I don't mind you staying over tonight? It's late anyways and it wouldn't be good for my conscience a-and I think..I think I'd sleep better..with you?" After the words came out her mouth she immediately covered her face so he wouldn't see how red her face was.

Feeling were annoying...to an extent.

Arthur then just mustered up the courage to take his hand in hers and go inside her place. She wasn't forcing him and her grip wasn't tight enough to where he couldn't pull away if he wanted to. What if he did? She would be heartbroken..

What is he doing to me..?

@Myling
coded by kaninchen

MOOD: White hot rage...mostly

OUTFIT: This minus the hat

basics
TL;DR Liz came close to murder
tl;dr
Liz
I must confess that I feel like a monster
The day of the Liz's interview at Blu's went anything but according to plan. To start off with the boss, the eponymous Blu, was way nicer than Liz was expecting. Liz hadn't done many interviews before but she kinda felt like she had nailed it. That coupled with the fact that Isa was heavily vouching for her, and Blu seemed to highly respect her opinion it almost felt like the Bishop girl had it in the bag. A fact that quite excited her. If there was anything Liz wanted to do with her life it was own a restaurant of her own. She didn't have many happy memories of her childhood but cooking with her mother was one of her most common and cherished ones. Getting in the door here would be a great experience for her.

After the interview Isa had her meet up with one of her clients for her.... side business. Normally Liz wouldn't really pay too much mind to that kind of thing but then she noticed who she was dealing to. One Jed Gallinger, the one who slept with someone ten years his younger. Someone who also happened to be a minor... and Liz's number one person. Liz didn't entirely remember what happened in those first few moments, only a blinding white rage. She could feel her body moving but was entirely blind to the world around her. At least until a pair of lips met hers. She had blinked a few times and come to the realization that Isa, her best friend for years, someone she had complete and total trust with, was kissing her. People had been suggesting to her that the dark haired girl had feelings for her but she didn't really believe it but now... well now it was undeniable.

Every ounce of the rage that had boiled up instantly dissipated with the taste of Isa's lips pressed against her own. The shock of it all made Liz completely forget all about the murder she was about to commit. In fact it froze her entirely in place, forgetting that anything at all existed for what was probably several long minutes. Internally she didn't know how to respond or feel about this. Of course Liz loved Isa but... did she love her like that? She'd do anything for her partner in crime, but there was also that near lifelong crush she had had on Carson. And then there was the fact that Isa clearly loved her, but there wasn't a chance in hell that she was good enough for her best friend. Whether or not Liz had feelings for Isa was irrelevant. Liz was only good at one thing; ruining things, especially to those close to her. If they were to date, surely she'd hurt her ride or die and she couldn't live with herself if that happened. So she just stood there, processing, unsure of what to do or say. In the end Isa took it as rejection, and ran off, proving Liz's point to herself that she'd only hurt her number one.

In the time until now, Liz didn't hear from her Wolf, nor did she reach out for fear of hurting her more. Until the day of the boat regatta that is. It turned out Isa had run to her ex and was on a steady diet of just drugs. This type of binge had happened before, Liz knew that, but she had hoped that last time was in fact the last time. Kieran, the ex Isa was currently staying with, was an absolute asshole. Liz was already feeling terrible about the difficult position she was in, but that piece of trash had to butt in and make her feel worse. For a while the Bishop girl believed what he was saying about how it was all her fault that and she should just stay away. She became depressed and was about to give up hope when she received several messages that snapped her out of it. Her father was apparently hunting for her, and he was close.

Scott Bishop was anything but a loving father and Liz could barely even stand saying his name. She had such a strong hatred for the man that it always overpowered anything else she could feel when she thought about him. That was part of why she left for Anchor Bay, so she didn't have to continually feel a monstrous anger that could barely be contained. He fueled the worst parts of Liz and she didn't want that toxicity in her life anymore. Mr. Bishop being in Anchor Bay though... the thought was bringing back that beast inside of Liz. There was some fear deep down inside of her, but next to that was a burning fire. A fire that motivated her, and only burned hotter the more she thought about it. She wasn't going to sit around and have a damn pity party while letting that smug, smarmy bastard Kieran win. He was only right about one thing; Liz had messed up, but she was going to be different for once and fix her mistakes. She was going to find her best friend, and kick the shit out of Kieran. Not necessarily in that order.

It wasn't hard to find allies in her quest. Evidently it seemed Kieran was nearly universally disliked. Chance Matthews, one of the few men Liz had respect for, also seemed to hate his guts. Liz didn't bother asking for the details, because they didn't matter. What mattered was that they both wanted to protect someone they loved from hurting herself or getting hurt by Kieran. She didn't know how but the male Matthews twin seemed to know where Isa and her ex would be hiding out, and that was all she needed. Max had requested to help but there was no way she'd let him. She was barely even allowing Chance to come along. If she could've helped it she would've gone alone, that way there'd be no one else implicated in the crime she was likely to commit. But Chance knew the way and could take care of himself so Liz didn't really have a choice.

With the plan settled, all Liz had to do was wait for Chance at the docks. As time ticked by her anger only continued to grow while thinking about Kieran. It honestly was a little scary to herself all the things she was thinking of doing, but the hatred just kept flowing. In an attempt keep the demons at bay Liz lit a cigarette. She was leaning against her open drivers seat door of her car, metal blasting from her speakers. She was wearing her typically typical style, but it was evident they weren't newer clothes. The type of clothes one would wear if they knew things were going to get messy.

Drowning deep in my sea of loathing

Without realizing it Liz had gone through half a pack while waiting for Chance. When she finally saw him heading her way she guessed he would've been able to smell the cancerous smoke before even seeing her. Hopefully none of the smoke had drifted into her car, she never cared about the health problems cigarettes caused for her, but she would never purposely expose anyone else to them. The reek of tobacco smoke was probably soaked into her flannel at this point however. "Hey man. Ready to go?" she asked as she stomped out the last of the ashes surrounding her car door. Her face betrayed no emotion other than her normal RBF, but anyone could see the fire in her eyes. If the metal that was blaring wasn't indicative enough, the burning behind her pupils betrayed her thoughts. Out of courtesy for her passenger she left the windows rolled down and reduced the volume of the music to less deafening proportions. "Where we off to?"

It seems what's left of my human side is slowly changing in me

Liz had promised to leave Kieran and Isa alone, and while she always kept her word, she had also given her word to Isa that she'd always protect her, and that oath took precedence over all others. So as to not draw suspicion and cause Kieran to bolt Liz parked down the street from where she was instructed to go. Her entire demeanor was the epitome of the calm before the storm. "Tell no one of what you see tonight." she spoke flatly as she moved to her trunk. Perhaps it came as a shock to Chance but there was no raccoon in the trunk of Liz's car. There was however a small leather case buried underneath dirty clothes and various garbage. Without another word Liz walked down the street towards where friend should be. Carefully, so as to not make much noise, she checked the doorknob. Locked, as she figured it would be. "This is part of why I went to Juvie." she whispered to her companion. "If anyone asks, we lost our key."

When Liz was younger she thought people would think she was cool if she knew how to lockpick, so she taught herself over the years and had gotten fairly decent at it. Basic locks and padlocks were easy enough for her to get past now, so long as she had her kit with her. Unbuckling her leather case, she got to work, and within a few minutes she rotated the key cylinder with a small smirk. She set her tools back into their neatly organized places and pushed the case aside. With a final look to Chance she offered a half hearted smile. She didn't exactly like this anger inside of her that she couldn't control, but it was like a speeding train and she couldn't slow it down now. "Let's get our friend back."

There is no turning back now, you've woken up the demon in me

Liz threw open the door and walked in. "Where are you bitch?!" she shouted into the home. She was ready to have... a word... with Kieran. Her brown, furious gaze locked with the male's. Fists clenched at her sides and she could feel herself going into that blinding fury again. Several stomps were made in his direction as Liz let her inner beast coming screaming out. Her teeth were barring like a wild animal. "You son of a bitch! She was doing just fine and then you come along and let her slip?! If you really cared about her like you said you'd have just fucked off! I swear to god I'm going to-" before she could close the distance her eyes caught movement from the couch. There Isa lay, almost pathetically, and Liz's heart stopped for a moment. Again her Wolf quelled all the rage in her system, but instead of questions this time it was replaced with worry. Her jaw tightened and she froze for a moment. Her teeth gritted as a lump formed in her throat. Rushing over to the side of the couch she completely forgot everything else in the world. She was only focused on if her friend was okay. "Wolf! I was so fucking worried!" she wrapped her in a tight hug and placed several worried kissed on the top of her head. Some tears began forming in her eyes and her tone was almost a whimper. "I'm so so sorry.... I just... I couldn't.... I'm so so sorry." Liz buried her face into the dark strands of hair that flowed from Isa's head. She hadn't realized just how worried she had been, but now that it was all coming out it seemed almost laughable. Like it wasn't who she was at all.... maybe... just maybe she had also come to love her best friend as she had loved her...
code by valen t.

MOOD: a little drunk

basics
MENTIONS:
Zach lion. lion.
Harper Dazzle Dazzle
Isa r e i r e i
Frankie r e i r e i

INT:

tags
TL;DR
Awkward Family Shit
tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

The lights flickered on in the empty dance studio, illuminating the smooth floors and the mirrors that lined the walls. Max had been here a couple of times before. He and his parents always attended Winona’s dance recitals, wanting to support her passion. It fascinated Max how she could move so freely, with rhythm and grace. Part of him was jealous– he himself had all the elegance and dexterity of a drunk baby deer. Even if he was fast enough to outrun a cop, a k9, and both of his parents, he ran so clumsily and erratically that he often ended up injuring himself by blundering into obstacles or tripping over his own feet. He was nothing like Winona, or her track star brother Chance…
Chance.
Damn it, there were those thoughts again. The last thing Max needed to think about, on top of everything that had just happened.

Max was still choking back on the tears still caught in his throat, exhausted from running halfway across town and mortified by the spectacle he caused, making everyone chase after him, taking up all that attention.
He just needed to escape. He couldn’t be at home, not with Ryan there.
Ryan… how did that even happen? How did his own father not know that he had another son? Why hadn’t anyone found out years ago? Were they hiding this from Max? Were they lying when they said they just discovered it? It wouldn’t be the first time people hid things from Max to protect him. Nobody had told him about Kieran, or Isa’s relapse. He had to find out himself, and even then no one would let him do anything about it.
It was like everyone thought he was paper-thin and delicate, too sensitive to handle the reality of the situations his friends were in.
And were they wrong?
Perhaps they weren’t.

Winnie beckoned Max into one of the smaller offices in the studio and began rummaging through the filing cabinets while Max watched from the doorway.
For a split second, Max was terrified that she was going to sign him up for dance lessons. His father was already making him do kickboxing in a few weeks, after Max had vehemently refused to go back to therapy. The last thing he needed was another activity to embarrass himself.

But when Winnie turned back around and showed him what it was she’d been looking for, Max looked at the bottle in Winnie’s hand and turned pale, a quiet uneasy laugh escaping him.
He didn’t want drinking to become his way of relieving the thoughts he didn’t want to carry with him. He’d seen first-hand what happened to his friends who turned to drinking as an escape. Tatum had to go into rehab to recover from her addictions, Isa was somewhere out there relapsing with no way for Max to help her… even Lemon went through a period of experimenting with alcohol. At least Lemon seemed to be doing better now that Reid accepted her feelings, but Max still worried about her.
Substance abuse ran rampant in Massachusetts. Max didn’t want to be a part of it.
But yet again, when offered by a friend, Max couldn’t bring himself to say no.
Despite everything in him telling him not to, he nodded and reached out for the bottle.

Less than an hour later, the bottle was empty and discarded in the wastepaper basket, both teens giddily spinning around and tumbling across the dance floor until they both fell down, tears of laughter streaming down their faces.

Max couldn’t help but notice that Winnie’s smile was the same as her twin brother’s.
Where was Chance now? Still with Isa? Or was he with Frankie?
Frankie, the popular, attractive, charming, well-liked football captain. Chance’s boyfriend.
Max didn’t deserve the sense of longing that he still felt a week after they last kissed. If Chance had moved on so quickly, surely that meant he was just being nice when he said all those things to Max.

“Frankie.” Max thought out loud, spelling out the name on his fingers. “, Win, do you know that guy?? He just seems… ugh.” He shook out his hands, making a disgusted face. “Harper’s tutoring him, and I was going to ask, right? Ask like… who is that…” Poor intoxicated Max was having a difficult time putting his thoughts together, often pausing and fumbling for a new word. “...But I think Harper’s mad at me. She left the boat to go to the bathroom but she didn’t say anything to me before she did, right? And I asked her to tutor me, and like… do you think she’s mad? Would she tell me if she was mad? Ever since Zach started hitting on her I think she’s annoyed with me.” he rubbed at his eyes for a moment, clearing his throat and leaning his head back on the mirrored wall. “But I don’t blame her.” He slowed down his signs, seeming to be talking more to the floor than to his friend beside him. “It just feels like I’m screwing everything up for everyone.”
That was the first time in far too long that Max had said something honest about how he felt.

code by valen t.

Isabella
the drug dealer teddy bear
Isa was coming off a high. She doesn't remember much of what she took but she felt like it was maybe too much. All she remembers is the anger she had. The anger when she saw that Nolan and Liz was acting like her parents. The one thing she wanted all along, and knew that she couldn't have. It was killing her to see them acting like they cared. Like they truly loved and cared about her like a daughter. She hated it. So she took what ever she could find. So she didn't care about the consequences, she just wanted the pain to fucking stop. She wanted it all to stop. The love she felt, the hurt she felt, and just everything she could feel. She wanted it all gone. So Isa took whatever it took to make disappear but now she felt sick. Badly sick. She closed her eyes shut as she feels a rush a pain go through her. Isa opens her mouth to say to Key as he was right by her when the door slammed wide open.

It was Liz and Chance. Saving her once again.

Isa shuts her eyes as she feels another wave of pain come through her. She hears the yelling but doesn't have the strength to open her eyes until she feels someone next to her. She hears the voice that she could never get enough of. Isa hears the words that she knew were the truth, she knew that Bear was worried out of her mind. That's just how the girl was, especially with Isa. Everytime that the girl would get hurt or in trouble. Liz was there to save her. Her bear was there to protect her. She felt the tears as Bear held her close. Isa's heart...broke into even more pieces as she felt the girl that she loved apologize for something that was out of her control. For something that she couldn't have know was going to happened. She opens her eyes to meet Liz's own. "Why...why did you come Bear?" She whispers as she feels the kisses being placed against her head. Isa was tired. All she wanted was to go home. She was tired of running, of hiding, of everything. All she wanted was to be with Nolan and Liv, to be with her family. She was tired.

"I'm tired Bear. I want to go...home."

Next thing she knows, she's in Bear's car. Chance is driving which was odd as Liz hated anyone who wasn't herself driving her car. Liz was in the back with her, holding her hand. She kept hold of her hand, like she was afraid that Isa was going to disappear again if she let go of her for once second. Isa knew that she was to blame for this. She knew that she went too far this time. She knew that this time had to be the last time, because she couldn't ever see Liz cried over her again. She never wants to be the cause of the tears on her face. And this time she was, and that was the last straw. She needed to get help, she needed to get better. She doesn't care what she had to do, she needed to get better for the girl she loved, for the family she found, for the brother that loved her. Isa was done pretending that she didn't need help. That she wasn't struggling. She was done.

They drove into a hospital parking lot, and Bear helped Isa out the car, carrying her basically. They rushed into the hospital, where nurses took Isa into a room. After 30 minutes or so, Isa was hooked up to a IV drip and was getting the drugs flushed out of her system. Once they were allowed to, Chance and Liv was in her hospital room. Isa just looked at Liv and patted the hospital bed. No words was needed to be communicated. Bear was next to her on the bed in a instant. She looked at her best friend, her baby boy, and she opened her mouth for the first time since they left Key's apartment.

"I'm sorry." She said softly. Isa couldn't help the tears that came down her face, "I'm so fucking sorry." She was tired of being strong. This time...she will let herself be weak, she just hopes that she didn't make mistake in her trusted family. That she didn't make a mistake in who she loved and trusted.

hospital.
weak, and tired
Chance, Nolan, and Liv ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie Max Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Liz PenguinFox PenguinFox
coded by natasha.

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

tags
TL;DR

tl;dr
Winnie Matthews

Winnie wasn't focused on anything else but helping Max, that second and taking a break from everything else. They were just going to sit in the studio, maybe blast some music, maybe talk. But then she got that text and from Noah.

Anyone else and she might've been fine, but it being Noah had prompted Winnie's route to take a detour towards Penny's office. She knew that the older dance teacher sometimes celebrated successful dance recitals with a few other teachers with a bottle of scotch. It hurt that bad. Maybe Dustin Thackery was enough for her to drink tonight. It doesn't take much convincing to get Max to join her and soon they are drunk off their asses goofing off and giggling.

Her sadness is still there but it's also accompanied by intoxication and that's was what Winnie wanted to feel. And although she was feeling the effects of the scotch, she could still dance as elegantly as she did when she was sober. Winona Matthews believed that dance was her one true purpose in life and she never wanted to lose that.

She's laying on her side, looking at Max's silhouette, his fingers building together some statement. She recognizes some of the words, but Frankie stands out the most, and she gets excited. The alcohol helping a bit too much. Oh Frankie! I love him, the four of us grew up to...up. The formulation of the word together slipping out of her mind so she has to make do. His parents don't like me, I don't know why. I'm usually the likeable twin. Despite the sadness of the sentence, Winona laughs. She never did understand why the Gomez parents despised her.

As Max continues rambling, Winona watches. She and Max hadn't gotten to hang out much that summer. She was too distracted with her relationship with Dustin and it seemed like he was going through things too that summer. Dustin. She couldn't stop her mind from running back to him. His smile. His kisses. The way he smelled. To how he held her. To how he loved her. Dustin loved her. He loved her, probably in the same way that she loved him, but she left him before they could find out. She's grateful that Maxis right beside her because not only did their interaction fulfill a much needed time together, but it served as a great distraction.

What do you mean Zach's hitting on her. Winnie jumps up, her legs tucking under her as she loomed over Max. That's gross, what the fuck? The news astonishes Winnie and she makes a mental note to ask Harper later. Did Zach tell you that, that you're ruining everything? Don't listen to him, he's a dick. Winnie lays back down next to her friend. You're not a burden, you're one of my best friends. I think I'd die if you were gone.... Shestops unsure if she wants to say this or not, but after she and her brother had that talk about him and Max kissing, it had been circling her mind. I know Chance would be devastated too.

She looks at Max for a reaction and she can easily read him. The look on his face making her feel a little happy inside, you two should date, I myself might not have the best luck with my own relationships, but I know that you two would be good for each other.
code by valen t.

MOOD: excited, butterflies

OUTFIT: a blouse and a navy-blue blazer with black pants

basics
tl;dr
vinnie lowes

It was nothing like Vinnie expected the night to go, as he and Ronan were actually for once having a pretty good time. Vincent had gotten into a bit of an argument with Dustin and so his drinking partner for the night was off the table, Vinnie felt awful about it but tried to tell himself he shouldn’t though he couldn’t help it. He flirted with Winnie from time to time but so did Dustin with Ashley, so it would be a little hypocritical for him to blame Vinnie for it, right?

The night took a shift when Vinnie came back with two beers and Ronan looked at Sunny, his famous ex-girlfriend and Jesse. He had an on-/off relationship with her so Vinnie could care less if she was having a fling, he was doing the exact same thing. Wait, he had a girlfriend now.
Vinnie held up the beers as he appeared with a big smile, dropping the beers seconds later. Ronan didn’t even seem to notice but Vinnie definitely did. The beer dripping down on his shoes as he felt a cold shiver go down his back, the alcohol had not been kind for him.

Vincent had already been down the toilet twice this evening to barf down whatever had came in, he was a mess. His hair was turned upside down at this point and he was pretty sure he lost his phone.
Ronan had been awfully quiet after spotting his ex and it took Vinnie some for it to click, wasn’t Jesse his boyfriend? Was he cheating on him?
Vincent felt a weird sort of empathy for the guy in front of him who he normally could not stand, he held up his hand signing to the bar, maybe more alcohol would help. Vincent was definitely not the type to talk about this, not with Ronan at least.

Before he could get to go he felt something grab his hand, Vinnie automatically wanted to pull back but being a little too drunk, the next thing he felt was Ronan’s lips against his and his hands around his face. Vinnie must have turned bright red as he pushed the dark, tall haired boy away from him. What was he thinking?
Vinnie stood there, speechless before giving Ronan a hard push on the ground. ‘Are you insane? I’m not in love with you Ronan, just because we hang out doesn’t mean we- You, whatever.’
Vinnie should have walked away but instead he just stood there, looking at Ronan and being in shock of what happened.

code by valen t.

MOOD: worried; aggravated

OUTFIT

basics
MENTIONS:
r e i r e i (Isa) (Kieran)(Frankie)

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift (Max)

INT:

tags
TL;DR

he's gotta steal a boat, then he's gotta go steal his best friend back, then he's going to go make out with his boyfriend.

tl;dr
Chance Matthews
the battle within will have collateral damage

Chance spots Liz immediately and he jogs over to her car, ready to go help Isa. The runner knew that Liz was the only person that would actually help him find his best friend and he had an underlying feeling that she'd also go to extreme lengths. Isa was family, had always been family and was about to be family on paper as well, Chance could possibly even kill for her. That sentiment was only approved for a few he cared for.

Whenever Key's in town he stays at his aunt's old house. It's empty for most of the year when she isn't renting out for the summer. It doesn't take long for them to make it to their destination, Liz's driving matching the urgency she was exuding. Liz, I don't care what you do, I just care about Isa right now.

He watches Liz pick the lock,, impressed by how easy it looked for her and how quick she got the two of them in. The second the door hit against the wall parallel to it, all hell broke loose. Liz was on a rampage ready to do anything. Chance spots Isa first and is ready to step his way to her in order to get her out of there but Liz beats him to it. So, his attention is brought to Kieran.

Red (HEHEHEHEHHE) is all that Chance could see and it takes everything in the athlete not to pummel his ex friend again. He had promised Winnie that he wouldn't hurt Kieran when they finally found him and Isa. Chance gets as close as he can You are so lucky Win cares for you, or I'd beat the living shit out of you Key. Kieran begins to answer, but Chance is already moving away, agreeing with Liz on taking Isa to the hospital.

Chance is pacing the hospital room when Isa wakes up. The sight of her absolutely demolishes him and the tears streaming down his face aren't enough to describe the pain he was feeling. I'm so fucking mad at you. He whimpers. his voice hoarse and holding a little anger. If Isa were gone he wouldn't know what to do. Isa was his ride or die, his best friend outside his sister, and he loved her so much. He lays his head on her shoulder, squeezing one of her hands as tight as he can. Don't be sorry, I'm sorry for not noticing.

He didn't want to let her go, Chance just wanted to stay by her side for forever now. But there was Liz standing there, ready to talk about whatever they needed to talk about. And in the time that the two of them stood there in silence, Max had mentioned him and Winona drinking. Chance automatically moves to get his sister and his...Max. Isa and him wordlessly agreeing for him to go. It was a little worrisome that Winnie was drinking since she didn't like to and then this would be the second time he came to Max's rescue after he had gotten drunk. I'll let you two talk. He plants a quick kiss on Isa's head and nods at Liz. He leaves the room quick, ready for the night to be over.

code by valen t.

The day couldn't have started out more weird than yesterday. Having Milk end up with a stranger and her end up with another one. It was scary,but she was happy that Yohan didn't seem like the crazy type. He was actually nice once you got passed the "youre holding my cat hostage" talk. Now she was stuck with his cat for the night and that was a challenge in itself, but she got through it. She just wanted to see Milk...and maybe settle the cooking score with Yohan.
"Here we go.."

Celeria watched the clock as her workday was ending. She was upset that her kitty Miruku(Milk) was swapped for a different cat. Luckily Milk seemed in good hands.. at least that's what the man made her to believe. Yohan wasn't a typical male she's come across before. She is very blunt and says what's in her mind which turns off guys..at least the ones she's met. Now Derrick was definitely an exception, but without the sex it was just a flirtatious friendship. They both didn't want anything and established those boundaries. She just hoped it would stay that way.

Getting lost in thought she heard meowing coming from under her desk. She locked eyes with a very bored looking Baloo, Yohans cat. Celeria was able to bring her to work, but she felt bad that Baloo had to stay in the carrier. She was trying to bond with Baloo all night and now she doesn't get scratched when trying to pick her up. After she was finally able to clock out she took Baloo out the carrier to hold her while she grabbed her things. Celeria then grabbed her phone to texted Yohan.

Yuzu I'm finally off, I'm headed to you now. See you soon!

-Message sent-

After she sent the message she heard it the door, forgetting the carrier until 5 minutes after she left. She sighed at the realization, but she wasn't mad. That's give her another excuse to bother Yuzu. She wouldn't admit it outloud of course.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

As she neared his place she didn't notice a hug pile of water by the sidewalk.. that was until there was a car speeding past. Once she notice she turned around so the water wouldn't really get on Baloo..

The things I do for this cat...

Now she stood there dripping and cold. Her pants, her top that was now see through(lucky her for wearing a bra today), and her hair now sticking to her face. Her body was shivering but Baloo was fine. That's all that mattered. She couldn't imagine what Yuzu would say if Baloo was wet too. It would've probably been a death wish.

She smiled at the thought before finally ringing his doorbell and turned her back to the door while she waited for him to open the door patiently while dripping wet.

the designer

Celeria

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Processing. . . .

mood: Happy

Arthur says. . . .

Arthur woke up to get ready for her day with Niila. He told her that she could come over and he would teach her some guitar. Even if she didn't retain anything she would still be happy that she got to see him. Oh the self cringe she is going through right now. She had took a shower, put her purple outfit on, put on little makeup, and now was trying to take her blonde hair. "I just need to calm down. It's not like its a date- right right. I mean who would want it to be a date right? We are just hanging out..yeah..ugh even talking to yourself you can't believe you" she whined as she messed with her hair for another 5 minutes. Then she got to thinking she has yet to get him something in a little over a week. Sweets that is. We'll nothing too sweet. So she came up with a plan. She pulled out her phone, feeling kind of bad about it,but typing anyway.

"Hey Niilaaa~ sorry,but something came up. Can we do a rain check?"

She pouted as she hit send,but knew he would (hopefully) be happy to see her. She then left to go to her favorite store to get some treats. That meaning getting him some black licorice and dark chocolate. She really did feel bad. She's never really lied to him before...it wasn't a good feeling,but the show must go on. After she got out the candy store she headed to a boba shop that was on the way. She got him Matcha and got herself Milk tea. Something simple and cute. This all took about 30ish minutes so she didn't even check her phone..not that she wanted to then.

After all that she started her route to his place which was a 10 minutes walk thankfully. She now ended up at his front door,but she was stalling for about 4 minutes. To knock or not. She got too nervous though. What if someone else answered? So she finally pulled out her phone.

"Niilaa come open the door yeah? Xx"

she sent with her hands shaking slightly because she was getting anxious. All these thoughts started swarming. What if he's not there? What if he doesn't actually wanna see her? The possibilities were endless. But then one more question rolled in..why was she doing all this for him? Was she really..catching feelings for him that badly? No. That couldn't be. No...right?

@Myling
coded by kaninchen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back