• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Eira Turaldin
The arrival of their assistance was greatly appreciated by the relatively young hunter, particularly because of the rather ineffective amounts of damage her arrows had been doing to the creatures they had been battling as the proceeded to, alongside their elven leader, dealt with the last of the undead.

A dwarf and an orc, a strange duo, yet an amusing one. Eira couldn't help but give out a small smirk at the juxtaposition at the heights, even thugh she herself presumably had the same effect between her and that massive draenei woman in their party. She'd always been a small human, and while it was one of the more desirable traits for a staying hidden, as a good hunter did, it did have the adverse affect of making her rather unintimidating. This led her to ponder if the dwarf ever felt the same.

The human hunter gave Coltherian a frown as he gazed at where that small shape in the distance had been as he appeared harmed, and while she knew a little bit about herbs and how to mend smaller cuts, this land's leaves were foreign to her, not to mention most everything in their surroundings was dead, giving the atmosphere a most uncomfortable sensation, lacking life. She'd leave the healing for the priest in their group and maybe bring it up if such knowledge at her disposal was required.

"Hi. I'm Eira Turaldin. A hunter." she injected into the greeting after Gwyllenal had spoken and the plate-armoured elf had motioned to them, once again electing for the more curt welcoming. While it was pleasing to see another from where she lived in the form of a dwarf, orcs were also new to her, and from what she'd heard in stories, they were blood-thirsty beings of monstrous sizes, and one part of that stereotype appeared to be true considering the sheer mass of the man.

Mental notes were made to try and think of the rest of the party as teammates than possible assassins out to kill her, but being in a place so far from home surrounded by people that had a distinct distaste for people like her seemed adamant on putting these fears in her mind.
Xemanorth Xemanorth DapperCat DapperCat @Qwarkl Karcen Karcen @Mistrunner Epiphany Epiphany Orikanyo Orikanyo

wFFESXJ.png
The Dwarven woman drew back her hood, exposing a rather pretty face and an open smile. She drew a cloth out of a pocket to clean her knives before sheathing them while Coltherian invited her Orc companion and herself to meet the others. Plainly unbothered by being the shortest person in the group, Chise walked right up to the middle of the group before sticking a hand out to shake. "Chise Anvilmar, at your service!"

DapperCat DapperCat
Craning her neck up at the towering Draenei, Chise lifted her other hand to shield her eyes against sunglare as she peered up. "Gwyllenal, is it? Well aren't you a tall drink of water. Pleasure's all mine, Priestess. I'd shake your hand but maybe let's settle for a high-five for me, a low-five for you."

Noble Scion Noble Scion
The only human in the group seemed a bit standoffish in the Dwarven woman's estimation so, when Eira introduced herself by name, Chise simply nodded in her direction. "Perfect. I assume we're going to be relying on you to track the one that got away."

"...one did get away, right? Over there?" she pointed over her shoulder with her thumb in the direction of the silhouette that had seemingly conjured up the dead.

"Am...no...I..." the orc began muttering under his breath, planting the hammer headfirst upon the ground to act as an arm rest, which conveniently also crushed a skull for added oomph. Thats a word that Rogindral understands fully, oomph, its a word thats felt rather than said.

Plus it was barely a word.

"I! Rogindral!" The orc began to say to the group with utmost confidence in his mastery of the language.

"Am orc, am strong. Great warrior, great muscle!!" It was then he started to show off, starting with a simple flex... Then started to shift slowly and deliberately into show after showing of each magnificent muscle upon his magnificent frame. He finished with a stance befitting a Mr.Universe contest and smiled a grin that only could be called disconcerting.

He had utmost confidence he won them over, for who could say no to the power of muscle...

And he had to win them over, for there were some prime lookers in this group.

An orc and a dwarf came out from hiding to finish off the undead, it seemed the horde would have more representation than just the forsaken around here. While Valria tended to dislike just about every race in the horde given each had messed with her people in some way with how the Draenei acted it was putting Valria off the alliance as an ally as if they were as zealous as this priest and with how they had wronged her people before they were just as bad as the horde. The different tribes of trolls mattered little to Valeria a troll was a troll so even the darkspear were not well liked because of the amani. Still the undead were dealt with for the moment as they never truly left the world there would always be more it was like the scar generated them over them just being there. Still it was good to at least one other person here could be a good meat shield as succubi were lacking in durability.

" Well at least he is strong" Valria said with a sigh not at ll impressed with the orcs lack of articulation " i am Valria" She said saying her name a bit slower than she would for someone she thought had a functioning mind to her the Orc was slow so you needed to talk slowly to him.

"One did get away, aye. To chase them would be unwise, however." Coltherian extended an arm forth, pointing to a river that stretched over the foot of the plateau, on top of which the silhouette had been standing earlier. "Beyond that river lies what is now referred to as the Ghostlands. The Dead Scar which we are standing on right this moment stretches far into that wretched forest, only it's influence hasn't been so closely contained as it has here. It's crept into the wilderness, twisting locals, wildlife and nature alike into frenzied shells of their formers selves. In other words, the place is highly dangerous and delving into it will be unwise until we manage to secure a foothold closer to its borders, were we can coordinate an assault to hopefully extend our reach from further." The elf explained, no doubt, despite the lack of forces at the Sin'dorei's disposal currently, they'd been planning for a while now and from the sounds of it, they had many a thing for the group to do.

"Furthermore, it is rumored that the end of the scar lies a fortress. A bastion of foul magic and undead activity. If I were to guess our friend on top of the hill that we saw earlier was likely a cultist of some kind, testing the waters to see how we would react to an undead patrol. I can only hope that our answer is one that they were not expecting.". Coltherian paused, the gauntleted hand that had been busy tending to his shoulder falling to hang at his side as he allowed a slow sigh to part from his lips, his stature relaxing for a fleeting moment before reaffirming itself. "Speaking of expectations, we are expected to arrive at the Farstrider Retreat by nightfall. We'd best not tarry here any longer." Ever the social butterfly, now that the most preliminary of introductions had been dealt with, Coltherian was eager to move onto the task at hand, specifically he began putting one foot in front of the other, making his way to cross the rest of the Dead Scar's considerable span.

"It is at this Retreat that we will be staying to begin with, mostly on account of its tactical location. From there the local Farstriders have been able to send out scouts to gather information, which has been condensed into reports which we will be going over after our arrival, preferably this evening if at all possible. These reports will shed light on the exact situation of our kingdom and highlight issues and threats that we are to solve in the coming weeks. In what order we go about doing that and in what way is entirely up to us as a unit.". There was little doubt about it, it all certainly sounded very busy. One can't help but assume that Coltherian may have had a hand in the exact pacing of this whole operation, given how thoroughly productive and gung-ho the groups' first day in Quel'thalas was planned to become.

wFFESXJ.png
"So, Farstrider Retreat is where we'll find out how we can be of help." Chise looked thoughtful, then broke into a bright smile. "No sense in staying here then. We'll just court trouble. And while I don't mind being courted, the undead aren't the kind of suitors I'm looking for."

She hopped on back to the spot where her camouflage tree had been. Chise promptly hefted a backpack she'd tucked into the undergrowth, stashed to leave her free in a fight. With her supplies in hand once more, the dwarven woman joined the others on the trail.

Once they got underway, she peered up at their elven commander and said, "It's Coltherian right? How do you feel about this little assistance program your country has going? We're a fair sight prettier than the undead...well, at least most of us. But I don't imagine having foreign aid is a popular decision with everyone. How do you feel about it? And what kind of reception should we be ready for once we reach the Retreat?"

Eira Turaldin
elven ranger.jpg
The bombastic yelling of the Orc named "Rogindral" was... Extravagant, but she didn't really know how to respond, she had been expecting a more primitive name like "Stone" or "Fist", but perhaps those ones were taken already by some other hulking orc.

She was a little surprised at being spoken to aside from their initial greeting by the dwarf. For the most part, everyone she'd met so far had just kept to themselves, aside from the little confrontation between their priest and that warlock with their succubus. A creature with an appealing appearance but a most discomforting atmosphere surrounding it.
"Well.. Uh.. Yes, that'd be what I'd do." Eira mumbled a little uncomfortably to the dwarf at the mention of tracking. Although tracking a human person would be astoundingly easy compared to hunting small animals that barely left a print wherever they went, tracking in foreign lands wasn't exactly something she was rearing to do considering she'd be just as likely to wander into a trap as she would be to catch the person who'd summoned those undead, whom she was now made aware was a cultist by Coltherian. This wasn't even taking into account that this was a completely new climate from where she usually hunted, what with it being an area of dead things in contrast to the "very much alive" forest back home.

It was mildly relieving to hear that she wasn't expected to just bolt off into the unknown with them in tow to find the necromancer, however she wasn't exactly pleased that they were heading to some sort of elven outpost, even though it was expected. Hopefully the ones at the encampment would be able to hold their glares and let her relax.

Having kept her head down on their travel to their new destination, Eira's ears did perk up at Chise's question. Most certainly interesting for her given the current "feelings" both humans and blood elves had about each other. His answer would at least give her a notion as to whether she should be comfortable in his presence or continue keeping her head about her when amongst Elf territories. He was a representative of their kind, after all.
Xemanorth Xemanorth DapperCat DapperCat @Qwarkl Karcen Karcen @Mistrunner Epiphany Epiphany Orikanyo Orikanyo

3vxVttf.png

addresses/mentions: Xemanorth Xemanorth Epiphany Epiphany
music: x
czXrBS3.png
The tall, marblesque figure of the Draenei leant onto her staff as she looked to the Dwarf. Frankly, her chipper attitude was infectious.

"A tall drink of water?" she asked with a low chuckle; "what does that mean?"

She humored the short one, lowering her large hand to about the Dwarf's chest-height. She didn't know what a low-five was, so it was still positioned like a handshake.

Once presumably the Dwarf either slapped or shook her hand, the woman followed the Sin'dorei, her staff tapping with each clicking hoof-step. Her steps were slow, her comparatively large strides the only thing allowing her to keep up with the group.

Though she mostly remained silent, letting the information from Coltherian sink in, she did eventually clear her throat before addressing him;

"Your shoulder, I should ves-... te-nd to it. As soon as we reach the dez-tination." Her voice was calm, warm and almost motherly soothing. But the little stumbles she made trying to navigate her words likely made her more amusing than anything.

Once her question was asked, she'd return to listening intently to the group talk. Trying to take in as much information as she could.

Coltherian took in a lengthy breath of air through his nostrils. A soft sigh parts from his lips moments later, responding to the Priestess: "I suppose there is little sense in arguing that." His gaze shifts over to the opposite end of the Dead Scar the group had entered it through. "The Retreat is not far from here. The way from the Scar to it, however, is a bit more taxing." With that bit of foreshadowing out of the way, Coltherian began to lead the group out of the Dead Scar and into the luscious wilds beyond. After the group had climbed their way out of deathly ditch, they'd be met with a short uphill climb that preceded an easy downward slope, leading them into a valley, through the middle of which a river coursed its way through.

As the armored elf began to make his way down into the valley, he gave some thought to Chise's question, offering a belated reply: "Receiving aid from foreign forces is certainly not what the popular vote would have us do. Many cling to their pride and traditions to the point where it almost appears they'd rather let the kingdom fall to its demise, rather than save it. Personally, I'd almost be tempted to allow them to go about accomplishing said plan. Even if the kingdom were to fall to ruin I would be fine as I've the means of surviving here. I suspect a select few others do as well. We'd then gather under one banner with the sole focus of survival without being held back by petty notions. That said, it would just as likely lead to the extinction of my kind in the long run due to increasingly dwindling numbers. As someone who values passing on knowledge rather than genes that wouldn't bother me all too much. But as luck would have it, I have been tasked with protecting what yet remains and raising it from the ashes to its former glory. Given those are my orders, I will try my utmost best to carry them out.".

The lands of Quel'thalas were, by most at any rate, considered a veritable paradise on the face of Azeroth, granted that was by design more than anything, on account of the elves insistence on magically binding the natural state of the kingdom into perpetual spring. Regardless, the group's surroundings proved most beautiful, especially when basked in the light of the setting sun. "We will be taking the most direct path. Over the river. Unfortunately we've not a bridge to cross, not a manmade one anyway." Coltherian elaborated, motioning toward a formation of large rocks and boulders that sat in the middle of the river up ahead, another test one presumed, to figure out exactly how mobile each of the members were when it came to traveling through the wilderness. "Just beyond that, lies The Retreat".

True enough, after the group had managed to cross the river, each member to varying degrees of success. The Retreat came into view. It was a building that was both large and tall with white walls, golden accents and splashes of red in the form of banners and tiling. It stood like a veritable fortress in the middle of the woods, yet despite its intimidating stature, the design of it was for the most part, surprisingly open. The base of it was surrounded by a large round terrace and the only thing seperating it from the Retreat's lowest floor were sets of stairs that lead into the building proper. Despite that, it was difficult to refer to the building as unguarded, it was a home primarily to archers, hunters and woodsmen, after all and as one might expect, up along the length of the building on the higher floors, numerous platforms and balconies had been constructed, manned by the aforementioned eagle-eyed bowmen and women.

The first floor of the Retreat itself was almost like a lounge of sorts, more akin to a luxurious open cabin than anything else. Around it were many tables, some empty and reserved for seating, some with food and drinks laid out on top. The walls and floors of the place were decorated by elven drapes, carpets and bookshelves with the occasional head of a beast mounted on a wall or hide sprawled onto the floor to act as further cushioning. Only adding to the luxury were the divans lining the inner walls of the place, shortly next to which the actual gates had been placed, presumably in case of an attack, the men and women stationed there were expected to retreat into the building's higher floors.

"Our rooms are in the second floor, just above this time, the gates by the walls lead to a staircase that will take you there. Further, you may converse, introduce and get to know one another as you please. You are invited to partake in the feast as well, where you will find fruit, vegetables and berries found in these wilds, as well as the meat of game and some fish. Spring water is also available for those who are not so keen on partaking in the alcoholic beverages laid out.".

( DapperCat DapperCat , Noble Scion Noble Scion , Karcen Karcen , Epiphany Epiphany , @Qwarkl , Orikanyo Orikanyo )

(DM note: on account of my own hectic schedule recently, as well as the fact that people have been dropping in and out of the RP. We'll be having a round where multiple posts are allowed while I recruit, in hopes of allowing more people to filter in before we continue!)

Last edited:
The walk to the retreat was fine enough after the undead ambush, and it wasn't like Valiria could complain she like all blood elves had been through worse so even a day of walking was better than a day of running and hiding from the undead or the wretched. Still Valria was a bit hungry but she didn't feel like really talking with the others and she was sure none of the others really felt like talking with a warlock the priestess would only do so to launch into a speech about the light. Valria wasn't going to stop doing what she was doing even if she honestly wasn't very good, she really only did well at curses. Well that would come with time and for now no one noticed she wasn't doing much aside from her curses, no shadowbolts, no felfire, just her curses. So Valrai doubted she would be missed if she just went to her room till tomorrow and they would likely assume she was doing warlock stuff instead of just relaxing.

" Well then i think i shall retire to my room" Valria said heading up before turning to her demon " You bring some food and wine" She ordered not planning on coming back down.

3vxVttf.png

czXrBS3.png
The Sin'dorei seemed agitated- letting out a long sigh before he answered her question. To his rather deadpan response, she merely smiled calmly.

"So it shall be then, child."

She did not know what 'taxing' meant, really, and so the immense strain came without warning for the poor old Priestess. Climbing out of the Dead Scar was tiresome enough, but when they had to go further uphill the woman was left panting slightly, leaning further onto her walking staff.

Audibly she did not complain. But she fell further and further behind and by the time they went back down a pleasant slope, she could feel her poor bones aching. Her legs trembled a little as she complained something in Draenic.

At the river she opted to walk through on the surface, not on the rocks. Lifting her robes along with her staff as she proceeded carefully. The cool water felt pleasant on her weary bones, leaving her a little sad once she had to step back out of it.

The retreat, once they reached it, was a sight for sore eyes. By this point the Priestess held a palm to her lower back as she waddled on. More soft Draenic complaining until she reached the inside of the lavish building. With a look of disgust she watched the Warlock speak to her Demon-spawn before excusing herself, turning her pearl gaze to Colt.

"So-... the healing... shall we sit-," she muttered, breathing still labored.

Eira Turaldin
elven ranger.jpg
The travelling was nothing new to Eira. With countless hours spent wandering forests and hunting in cold weather while carrying copious amounts of supplies because someone had strayed a little too far out of their comfort zone, a simple hike through a dreary landscape was almost interesting, albeit a little unnerving with how unused to her surroundings she was.

Looking at the large draenei made her realise her endurance was something of a luxury in such a scenario with how rough they were taking it. On several occasions she'd thought of asking the woman if she wanted to borrow her bow as a walking stick considering she simply had it on her back, before thinking better of giving her only weapon and only heirloom to someone she barely knew, even temporarily, not to mention that the thing was made of a weighted metal that probably would be more detrimental to walking than aiding, although they did seem rather strength to hold it, given their strength.

The blood elf's response to the dwarf's question was rather void of attachment, worrying to Eira considering that he spoke easily of the death of his people, something she couldn't even begin imagining, despite spending the majority of her life on the outskirts of their capital. "Mmm.." she hummed somewhat disapprovingly to herself subconsciously at the thought of it, but electing once more to keep her words to herself, as usual.

The warlock seemed surprisingly fine with the trek, which was rather unexpected, but was probably due to some sort of demonic bond between them and the succubus. Eira made a note of staying relatively far away from them. Warlocks were fickle things and she hadn't exactly heard about or seen a friendly one before. All she knew was that pacts with demons were probably bad, and that doing just that was a sign of trouble, something she should probably try to stay away from in the event that corruption is contagious. She'd never been well-versed in the knowledge of how these things worked, but you couldn't be too careful.

On the other hand, holy magic was frequently practised where she lived, so the draenei didn't stress her out as much aside from the sheer bulk of them.

Upon their arrival, the mere sight of alcohol was welcomed as the small human ranger practically bustled over to it and cautiously began drinking, leaving the others to do as they wanted, not even taking the time to lay her bow or arrows anywhere and leaving them on her back, seemingly unimpeded by their size and heft. The first thing she noticed was how strong the stuff here was, but it was welcome with how stressed she was after being drafted.

If anyone decided to follow up on her, she did have a tendency to be more socialable while drinking too, and she even knew that, she almost hoped someone from her group would to have some semblance of kinship in their party, even considering it had barely been a day. The sooner she relaxed in their presence, the better, especially considering the amount of time she was to be here was, as of yet, undisclosed to her.

DapperCat DapperCat Xemanorth Xemanorth Karcen Karcen

Cloaked and hooded, Chise nonetheless made the journey a vaguely cheerful one, mostly owing to a cheery whistle she took up. The dwarf was by no means a bard but she evidently knew enough tunes to never repeat one the length of the journey to the Farstrider Retreat.

The lack of a bridge proved briefly daunting. Chise went through the trouble of taking out some instruments and setting up a measuring stand of some kind, while making notes in a journal book she'd brought for the occasion. "Setting up a bridge is something my people can help yours with, Coltherian," she observed as the others began crossing. "I have enough noted here to calculate rock quality, tonnage and labor and the like later. Of course, you'd need to decide where you want the bridge to be. Just because we took this path doesn't mean it's the best route for setting up caravans or higher traffic." With a bright smile, the dwarf added "At least this gives me something to work on once we arrive!"

For her part, Chise took a good long look at the river and let the Draenei go first. Gauging how deep she went in, Chise sighed and secured her pack and bag tightly. With a leading run-up, she vaulted from the bank onto the first of the boulders. From there, she worked her way across the river, boulder by stone, plainly having an awkward time of it but doing a pretty impressive job of not slipping a handhold. Once she reached the other side (likely the last to do so), Chise landed nimbly on her feet, brushed off her hands and shrugged before saying "No such thing as a dwarf who isn't a good climber. Not at our height."

Chuckling, she set out with the rest of the group and marveled with the rest of them at the Retreat's architecture. Coltherian's directions were met with a smile and the affable dwarf said, "I'll just stop by my room to drop off my things first, maybe wash up?"

If given the opportunity to do so, Chise does indeed not only drop off her pack and bag but also take the opportunity to at least wash her hands and face. Possibly the rest of her, if there's a bathtub and water available. Once she returns, bright eyed and fresh-faced, the dwarf starts with the...oh, wine? Well, good enough. Any elf standing nearby received a toast from her as she imbibed.

DapperCat DapperCat Noble Scion Noble Scion
Spying the obviously still tired Draenei, Chise approached Gwyllenal and angled her neck up before saying "Why don't you have a seat at least, rest those hooves and save my poor neck?" Grinning, she hopped up on an opposite couch before patting the fabric as she spotted Eira. "You too," she called out to the human. "Not bad, this elf stuff, is it. Nice couches too. Might as well take advantage, while we have the opportunity. Who knows when our backsides will feel the like again!"

Coltherian gave some clear thought to Chise's suggestion in regards to setting up a bridge before responding. "Eventually, perhaps." He replied, clearing his throat before elaborating on his stance. "As things are right now however, considering the meek numbers of my people. I have a feeling such a pathway would be of much more use to our enemies and their numerous forces. Once they've been dealt with however, or until a more secure foothold has been established in the surrounding area... then my people would welcome such a bridge. Even if some of the traditionalists would likely view one of dwarven make a crude eyesore to behold.". He shook his head at the thought, allowing another brief sigh to part from his lips, by now it was safe to assume that it was either a habit, or the elf was persistently annoyed. He certainly didn't appear pleased or well, much of anything beyond neutral.

Coltherian bid brief farewell to the dwarf, as well as Valria shortly after their arrival, regarding each with a nod of acknowledgement before glancing after Eira, who had wondered off in search of drinks. He then turned to the draenei to accept her offer, albeit reluctantly. "Yes. Some rest would do you some good." he affirmed, moving to sit at one of the tables. Before doing so though, he went out of his way to fetch a chair, well, more like a stool from near one of the walls. It was a crude contraption when held up against the fine elven craftsmanship visible all around the sprawling first floor of the retreat, but one he seemed to prefer. "Whenever you are ready." He informed Gwyllenal moments later, urging her to take a moment to rest as he in turn, took a moment to himself to relax, even if it didn't exactly appear that way.

There was an air of borderline discordant distance between the elf and his surroundings after but a short while of remaining seated. Sure enough, he was sitting there in relatively close vicinity to the group he'd only just done escorting but it was safe to assume that his mind had already wandered off to other things as he resigned himself to staring blankly at nothing while only occasoinally shifting in his seat. Though he offered vocal response to the dwarf's returning statement his body language implied that he wasn't quite done plotting just yet, for lack of a better word. "Best rest while you can. We have a lot of work ahead of us.". Despite the words spoken, one had to wonder just how much the elf considered himself a part of the overall group, considering even the nature and ways of thought of his own people seemed almost alien to him based on what limited input he'd given so far.

If urged, he'd go about stripping away the armor from on and around his shoulder so that the Priestess might get a good estimate at the extent of his injuries. Overall there was very little to worry about, but the glancing blow from earlier would no doubt leave a nasty bruise in its wake if left untreated, not that there was all that much one could do about bruising through conventional means anyway. What was immediately apparent however, was that this was far, far down the list of the worst injuries he had endured. Even at a brief glance one could denote an excess amount of scarring on the elf, a theme that carried over from his facial features to the point where one had to wonder if he had more scar tissue to go around than healthy skin at this point.

3vxVttf.png

czXrBS3.png
Gwyllenal kept her immense weight carefully leant onto her simple wooden staff, granting a smile to the short Dwarf. "I was planning to- I-.. pfoeh- have to unfortunately."

With a groan the tall woman lowered herself into a comfortable-looking sofa. Unfortunately, it was not nearly as comfortable as she would have hoped. Too small for her stature, her bum half resting on the little golden lining that framed the seating. Though her expression showed a slight wince, she did her best to be a graceful guest and smile.

The Dwarf happily chattered on about the fanciful facilities. Gwyl could do nothing but smile at her in amusement- as she had a job to do. Shifting in the uncomfortable seating, she looked to the elf.

"I am ready, child. Though my bones may be worn, my magic flows in abundance."

She motioned the man over to either sit on the couch beside her or on his uncomfortable stool before her. Then, shuffling forth a little and putting her staff aside, she waited for him to undo all the straps of his breastplate to reveal the injury.

At first it was hard for her to find the current cause of concern. It seemed the man had suffered many injuries in his lifetime. It wasn't something she hadn't seen before, albeit very rare to this extent, but the elven kind looked soft, almost fragile, so seeing the attire give way to so many battle-scars left her somewhat concerned. But, Gwyllenal had some tact, and thus set her eyes on the shoulder in question.

"I see you've led a life of bravery," she mused, her fingertips pressing softly around the bruise. "Does it hurt when I press here-" she kept moving her fingertips to other spots on the skin, "-or here?" Her skin had a soothing warmth to it, like the glow of a fireplace, as she tried to determine the severity of his injury.

If there was only light pain around the bruise and no sign of anything broken or sprained, her fingertips would lift off of his marred skin. They hovered close-by, the Draenei's eyes closed and she began to hum a prayer in her native tongue.

"Ohn kinasath Sha, ashj veti laev golad zia zann nalaraska."

A golden glow emanated from the marble skin, warming and soothing as it seeped into the bruise. With ease, the bruise lost its swelling and color, and the pain vanished.

Eira Turaldin
elven ranger.jpg
The dwarf was kind enough to offer a seat to her seemingly following up on her idea of trying to get to know everyone a bit better, and making a much better attempt of it that Eira herself had. Taking the glass of elven... Liquid, the hunter made her way next to the dwarf, placed her bow on the ground with some difficulty, refusing to put down her drink, and sat down.

The setting was rather intimate for her liking considering the closest she ever got to anyone or anything was by a campfire with close friends, but she deemed it rude to refuse the offer. She took large sip from the glass to calm her nerves as the dwarf buzzed about the camp's fanciness, which she hadn't exactly been paying much attention to. he focus had been on the people around rather than the area itself.

"Yeah, it's quite.. Strong, compared to the stuff we have at home." she chirped into the conversation as their group leader disrobed themselves before them, eliciting a bashful aversion of the hunter's gaze at such a lack of modesty. Certainly battle-hardened from what she saw, which she took as a good thing, although it was a rather brash way of finding it out.

Taking a moment to find her tongue while the priestess did her thing, she dragged her eyes back to the glow in the edges of her vision to watch the use of magic rather than the bloodied back of Coltherian. Magic wasn't something she saw out in the forests much, and while she had seen it a few times, it was always fascinating to witness.

It was difficult to think up topics considering the array of backgrounds they all had. Finding a common ground would be difficult, and while it would be lovely to start hearing about their pasts, she couldn't very well just ask such a thing.

"So does... Uh.. anyone have someone waiting for them back home?" she ventured, hopefully a decent enough ice-breaker. When did talking get so difficult? Did draenei even love? She knew dwarves did, she'd seen dwarven couples a few times when she had headed into the city's walls, and she assumed blood elves did, not that she'd ever seen any.

Her tongue was buzzing with either questions or alcohol, and she wasn't exactly sure which.
DapperCat DapperCat Xemanorth Xemanorth Epiphany Epiphany

Last edited:
wFFESXJ.png
The elf's completely excellent point about securing the lands before building bridges received an enthusiastic nod from the small dwarf.

DapperCat DapperCat
Once everyone was gathered for rest and conversation, Chise studied the Draenei in open curiosity as the much taller woman tended to Coltherian's injury. For once, it wasn't a case of everyone outside of the mountains seemed too big, Gwyllenal barely fit the furniture sized for elves! She tired easily, though. Was it being that big? Or was she older than she looked? Of course, Chise herself was older than any human could expect to live and would likely live centuries more if she wasn't stupid about it. It made gauging age in other species pretty difficult to do, though. Oh well. At least the Draenei woman was nice to look at.

Noble Scion Noble Scion
Speaking of humans, Chise followed Eira's idea and sipped her wine, making approving noises because it was polite and it wasn't actually that bad. "I don't think I've ever visited any human breweries," the dwarf commented conversationally to the hunter, following up on the other woman's comment about her drink being stronger than she usually had at home. Eira's idea of small talk, though, brings a smile to her face and she leans forward slightly in her oversized seat to answer...before giving a great sigh.

"You know, it's hard to have a dignified conversation when my feet don't reach the floor. Honestly, I feel like a child in this furniture. Hold my wine a moment?" If the Hunter was willing to help with her glass, Chise used both hands to lift herself so she could tuck both feet beneath her until she sat on the couch the way a woman might sit in a meadow on a picnic blanket. "There, at least my feet don't dangle now. Thanks," she added, accepting the wine back.

"Now, someone waiting back home? I suppose. There's a few dwarven lads who'd certainly like to marry me, anyway." Her eyes were bright with merriment at the thought as she sipped from her wine. "I don't know, I'm old enough I should be married by now, help continue someone else's bloodline by giving them children. It's just never been a priority for me, though. Too busy with my research. I suppose I don't really see myself as the relationship type, or maybe I just haven't met someone willing to still let me be 'Chise Anvilmar - Archaeologist' instead of just being 'Chise - Someone's wife and mom'. You know how it is."

DapperCat DapperCat Glancing back to the Draeni, Chise asked, "How about you...Gwyllenal, right? Do you have someone? Or is being a priestess all the relationship you've ever needed? Although I wonder, is chastity a requirement for your order? Or are you free to...preach the word privately, so to speak?" Chise winked as she voiced her unmistakable innuendo.

Coltherian shifted his stool toward Gwyllenal's seat, having little intention of further overcrowding the sofa the Priestess was perched on top of. His gaze lingered in the vicinity, either searching for something or intentionally avoiding the eyes of others in an effort to distance himself. "Less a matter of bravery and more one of convenience. By the time I'd grown old enough to make my own choices, it was the only thing I knew. Or rather the one I most excelled at. Seemed like a fool's errand to go off chasing other career opportunities by then." Coltherian stated in his usual matter of fact tone. "There is slight pain, yes." He went onto confirm shortly after in response to the healer's question.

True enough, as far as the people of Azeroth were concerned, or the draenei for that matter, the elves did not seem like the most enduring of folk by comparison, long age aside. Where most were regarded as graceful and even seemed to enjoy "perfect" skin whether by magical or natural means, most likely the former, Coltherian had amassed quite an impressive array of scars all over his body. It seemed that the elf had managed to be on the receiving end of just about any type of attack one could imagine and the effects ranged from grievous to scratches, albeit ones deep enough to leave a mark. In contrast to the rest of his people, the elf appeared weathered, like a statue left abandoned and unkempt.

The pain from the elf's shoulder faded due in no small part to Gwyllenal's feeling but also on account of the distraction that the huntress' inquiry conjured. Was there someone who was waiting for him..? No, no one that he was aware of at any rate. Then again, was there ever? Once perhaps, but that was long ago and the last he'd heard of her she'd left to investigate Burning Legion activity in cooperation with someone who had ties to a supposed Council of Tirisfal, an organization he'd heard of little before, or since for that matter. Then again, it was not as if this was unusual of her, as far as he'd heard from other people that knew her prior to his own involvement, as well as based on his own experiences. Coltherian was left dwelling in thought, paying some passing attention to the conversation at hand, even if it did not initially appear that way.

3vxVttf.png

addresses/mentions: Xemanorth Xemanorth Epiphany Epiphany Noble Scion Noble Scion
czXrBS3.png
Gwyllenal could not help but glance at Eira from the corner of her pupilless eyes; slight judgment clouding them. It was clear she didn't approve of intoxication. Even if this girl got drunk... insanely quick.

"Someone waiting for me? I suppose perhaps my Klena-... ah- mother. Though if perhaps you mean a partner, then no. I gave such things up a long time ago. I belong fully to the Light now."

Her fingers pulled back from the man's marred skin, rubbing her fingertips slightly. Across the years it had begun to give off this buzzing feeling, as if she'd just hit her elbow on a table harshly. As her patient spoke of his scars, she furrowed her hairless brows a little in sympathy.

"If you ever feel need to confess to a servant of the Light, I am here when you need it."

She gave the man a calm smile, before her attention was taken by the short bubbly woman. A true delight to the group, as positive as she seemed to b-

"Is chastity a requirement for your order? Or are you free to...preach the word privately, so to speak?"

The Draenei nearly choked on her own spit. Coughing, she lifted a pale hand to cover her lips and waited for the moment to pass. Once she caught her breath, she replied with a stern expression.

"I've had my fair share of courtships- but for at least a thousand years I have not engaged in any of it. As for such private matters, if it were not connected to the Light I'd say you were overstepping a line with the question."

She took a slow, deep breath. "Chastity is not necessary to serve the Light. Some however, like myself, do believe in chastity to not be distracted by anything that may lessen our servitude." The woman did her utmost best to plaster a tense smile to her features, silently judging Chise.

Eira Turaldin
elven ranger.jpg
Eira took the wine from the dwarf carefully and held it there before returning it to her hands, wondering if difficulties like this one were common in their life, or if they even realised that most people like Eira didn't have such problems.

"Old? You don't look that old.." Eira smiled at the dwarf, seemingly forgetting about all of her prior wariness and growing more comfortable on the seating. She stowed the information of the dwarf being an archaeologist away in her mind before pitching her own voice into the conversation. "I've always sort of hoped it'd be love at first sight. Never really thought about relationships in terms of bloodline, but I suppose that's one way of looking at it." she hummed thoughtfully. She'd always expected to hold onto her second name, but the thought of sharing such a name with someone else made her face glow a soft pink as the imaginary hero in her mind whisked her off her feet.

Shaking the thought out of her head and sheepishly looking at the bare-back elf expectantly, she waited a moment for an answer, yet found none. He seemed even quieter than she had been on the way there. Thoughts of why that could be were floating in her head, but they disappeared when she noticed the furrowed brow of Gwyllenal.

Lowering her eyes at the half-empty glass in her hands, she took another swig to calm her nerves. She certainly hoped she never got on the bad side of any draenei anytime soon. There was something unnerving about their blank eyes that she couldn't get over, and she felt like she was getting on the bad-side of this one already. "Sorry..." she muttered quietly, more so out of instinct than anything else, tensing up slightly once again before almost spilling her drink at the dwarf’s words.

Eira laughed as the largest amongst them almost choked on the question. The wording of it causing Eira to try and stifle herself as she giggled into her hand, and although the smile the draenei put on was just that, a smile, it was quite strange to see her face pulling such an emotion with how stern they had been before, making her chuckle all the more.

Taking the silence provided by the looks of Gwyllenal as an opportunity, Eira thought it only fitting to share about herself, giving that the others had done so.

"I'm also single, as it would just so happen to be, there's not too much choice out in the forests where I spend my time aside from our "pack" members, and for the most part they're just colleagues, and unlike you two, I'm not 'experienced'. Speaking of which... I hope this isn't too discomforting to answer, but how old is everyone? I myself am twenty-three years, despite my size." Eira chatted, looking gently around as she spoke, unsure if those tables in the distances were walking towards her or away from her, before finding the thought of moving tables rather concerning and looking back at the ground, putting them out of her mind and trying to figure out how much alcohol was in this drink.
DapperCat DapperCat Xemanorth Xemanorth Epiphany Epiphany

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back