• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Purity

Nebulous Member
qvtGVfG.png
INTRODUCTION
Quick note, I ended up having a thing happen in real life and had to go on hiatus for a bit. I apologize to everyone applicable, but I'm back now! Happy New Year everyone!

Hi! I'm Purity! I'm a comp sci student (graduated, now jobless for a bit gosh I love looking for jobs), avid gamer and animanga consumer, and on-and-off RP writer. I'm in my early twenties, that sweet spot in life where it feels like time is going too fast to process, but you've accomplished absolutely nothing yet and are having an existential crisis because of it. If you're of similar age (and I'm hoping you are, but not necessary), you get what I mean. But enough about me, I want to get serious and talk about something that's been weighing on my mind for a bit.

First and foremost, I'm a writer. I need a compelling story, interesting characters, and clear goals for everything to really get my gears turning, but believe it or not, what I want most is good writing. I know, shocker. Good writing means good grammar, proper punctuation, literary devices, the works. And when you want to get good at writing, you write a lot, so quantity naturally tends to follow quality in my experience. This is a very convoluted way of say I'm looking for novella style writers, but I just really wanted to stress all this because I feel as if that label is no longer doing my feelings about this justice.

That being said, I'm not perfect. No one is. But the effort is what matters to me, and to the writers out there that are better than I'll ever be I hope that's what matters to you as well. There are so many people on here that are just searching for that scratch to their itch, people that care about satisfying their cravings and not sustaining it. And that's totally fine. I've done it before myself and am willing to do so again in the future. But unfortunately, I'm not looking for that right now, and I fully understand that many people will drop this thread off of this section alone. That's fine as well. We're all out here searching for a needle in a haystack, and I wish you the absolute best.

I'm looking to improve constantly, and now more than ever I want to find a matching partner to sit down long term with and write with the intent to write. So please, if you feel similarly, join me on this journey. Now, let me hit you with some boring stuff.

ABOUT ME
  • Novella-style, I tend to give my partner what they give me + any extra excitement I have at the time.
  • No triggers.
  • No gender preference for characters. I'll fill in the blanks if you have a strong craving for a gender pairing.
  • Love romance and platonic stories equally, however I can't RP a story where romance is the central focus.
  • If there's romance, preferably mxf, but can also do fxf/fxa.
  • When applicable, OCs only AU.
  • Love playing multiple characters, depending on whether it's appropriate for the story... but 99% of the time yes.
  • Talking about what we're going to do is my jam, I like to plan and worldbuild a lot beforehand. Fair warning, I word vomit a lot.
  • Very talkative OOC! I'm available pretty much 24/7 on Discord, and all RPN notifs are forwarded to there as well so I'm almost always available.
  • I will try to be as transparent as possible. If I like something, I'll let you know. If I don't like something, I'll (respectfully) let you know. If real life responsibilities happen, I'll let you know.
  • Ghost-friendly! Would absolutely appreciate a heads up, but real life first. I'll bump you once after a week of inactivity and then I won't bother you.
  • I can RP in DMs, threads, or on Discord! If we really click though, I can be convinced to move anywhere else.
  • Samples available on request.
LOOKING FOR
  • Novella-style. At this point, I'm really looking for compatible writing styles, so please send me a writing sample when DMing me. I'll reciprocate.
  • Please respect my ideas as much as I respect yours. That includes, sad to say, at the very LEAST reading this thread.
  • Help me plot! Even if you have concerns or things you don't like, telling me those tells me you care!
  • Someone who's active in OOC, either in DMs or Discord. I promise I'm pretty chill IRL despite this frosty thread. I love listening to your day, your problems, your gushing, anything!
  • Please make an effort to be interactive. If you don't, then I start losing steam as well.
  • Be open! An introduction when you message me helps with that (wink wink). Tell me about yourself!
  • Adding this back in because somehow it's not obvious with everything going on in this thread, please don't just send a "Hey, let's RP!" or the legendary "Hi".
  • Please follow site rules!
PLOTTING
Despite me giving that whole speech about cravings earlier, our stories have to start somewhere, so I'm currently really focused in on the plots below that I've indicated I have high interest for. You can absolutely try to convince me to do other things, but that's going to take a very persuasive argument and me liking you writing enough to the point I'm willing to try it. But please, if you do contact me, always let me know your cravings. I like to believe I'm fairly accommodating, so we can always make something work if we want to write together.

(Also, psst, the titles below are dropdown boxes. Meaning there's stuff inside them.)
★★★★★★ JUJUTSU KAISEN - jujutsu kaisen au fandom
JJK has honestly taken me by storm recently, so this is going to be up here now. What really compelled me about this setting was how much nuance there is behind specific powers, and also the interplay of jujutsu society as a whole. If you look further down this list, you'll notice that the themes of magic and inheritance intrigue me.

As per usual for my fandom RPs, OCs only in an AU, though I COULD be convinced to include canon characters. But realistically, that would mean we make our own history of powerful sorcerers, the big clans, and of course the antagonists. But aside from that, I'm honestly down for pretty much any plotline. There's just some characters I really do want to use, that's all. Though I promise if I do end up using them, I'll either make them fit, or I'll decide against it and exclude them for the sake of the RP. If you're just looking for a nice JJK RP and don't have any specific ideas either, I do have some directions the plot could go, so I'm pretty prepared for what you want to throw at me because I just really want to make this work. XD
★★★★★★ JIDAI NO YOKAI - yokai, kami, oriental fantasy, modern
I'm rather tentatively putting this up, because even though I'm going to assign maximum interest to this it might be something that's difficult to find partners for. This is actually a culmination of several different stories from several different time periods that I've basically pieced together to form a cohesive universe, although this specific proposal is more based in the modern world. If you want some inspirational sources, think Studio Ghibli, Makoto Shinkai, Inuyasha/Yashahime, Jujutsu Kaisen, etc.

Essentially, there's two realms: a mortal world and a spirit world. The spirit world is a source of all kinds of crazy phenomena, and is also traversable at specific intersecting points with the mortal world, but the main focus here are its denizens. Spirits come in all shapes and sizes, but for the most part the main classifications are kami, which are natural spirits that exist purely on the spirit world side of things and intersections, and yokai, which have been "tainted" by the mortal world and thus are spirits given physical form. In general, lesser yokai often seem malevolent or at the very least troublesome towards humans, although that's mainly because they're not denizens of the mortal world and humans are alien to them.

But since not all yokai are like that, and some are even willing to cooperate or even coexist with humans, and since there needs to be some kind of regulation for yokai running around Japan, the government secretly funds organizations and research into the spirit world and making sure normal people don't know any better on what's going on. We would play humans who can perceive the spirit world, or yokai, or even half-yokai, or all of the above, and play out the great balancing act of a daily life and dealing with the shenanigans with the spirit world.

There's a lot more history to this than the brief overview I gave, but I think this is a pretty good pitch for now. This is also very much a "hard magic" kind of story, so I'd love to talk about rules and boundaries for how things work in this world.
★★★★★✰ CYBERPUNK: ARCHANGEL - cyberpunk edgerunners/2077 fandom
Cyberpunk 2077 and Edgerunners fandom! In honor of Phantom Liberty's release today, this is my main interest. Full disclosure, this was meant to be a group RP, but a combination of different factors ended up collapsing in. Didn't get very far in though, so everything's still waiting to be expanded on! If you participated in that however, feel free to reach out. XD

Taking place in the year 2080, the Blackwall is being threatened by a mysterious force which seeks to see all the rogue AIs in cyberspace spill over into the digitally fortified night city. A bit of gang rivalry, a heist gone wrong sees some mercs become wrapped up on the trail of a supposed military project known as Archangel, which as they get closer to throws expectations and the boundaries between realspace and the Net out the window. Friends become enemies, enemies become friends, and all stories end in tragedy in Night City, no matter how hard everyone fights.

The whole cyberpunk genre has always intrigued me with its futuristic overtones, the doom and gloom, the corporate takeover, and of course the misfortunes of the individuals wrapped up in all of it. Cyberpunk 2077 and especially Cyberpunk: Edgerunners I feel captured those things perfectly, and it's those finer details I want to play out in our characters for this RP. I have plenty more details to share here, but if this Cyberpunk 2077 story doesn't suit your interests, I'd still love to talk about what we can do about that!
★★★★★✰ BLOOD ROSE - victorian, nobility, fantasy, court intrigue
This Victorian era is slightly different from the one that we know. In fact, so different, it's not actually the Victorian era, it was more to just set the idea for the setting. In this world, most of the aristocrat families have hereditary magic, and powerful magics are yet another factor alongside wealth, influence, manners, etc. for their super complicated arranged marriages. Heirs are chosen based on both education and how much of their parents' magic they inherited, and children who fail to deliver in either aspect are virtually disowned.

And that's pretty much it! We can play any number of pairings in that setting. Of course, the obvious one is two heirs from powerful families being put into an arranged marriage, which is the pairing I was thinking about when coming up with this idea, but there are other options as well. And obviously we don't have to restrict ourselves to two characters either. Optionally can add in a reincarnation element here!
★★★★★✰ TOKYO GHOUL - tokyo ghoul au fandom
Very self explanatory. Tokyo Ghoul is (by memory) my first anime, and definitely my favorite manga. It was always mind-boggling to me how Sui Ishida could humanize what are basically monsters by every classic description, and demonize humanity, only for expectations to be subverted again and leaving readers wondering what it really means to just live in the world.

Tokyo Ghoul also happens to be my first fandom genre, and thought it's always something I don't mind picking up, I thought I'd put particular emphasis on it here simply because it's struck my fancy recently. I'm leaving this fairly open-ended because I thought we could come up with a new one together, but I can absolutely provide plots to start with or work from if that's preferred. Regardless, to give you a general direction to begin with, I've been thinking of a pretty traditional ghoul x investigator pairing here, or maybe a childhood friends kind of thing. Or both. Who knows?
★★★★★✰ DEATHLESS - space opera, sci-fi, dark fantasy, epic
This is a project of mine that I always come back to and change my vision of, mostly because it draws from a lot of influences. Star Wars, Halo, Warframe, more recently Honkai Star Rail and Starfield, this pretty much just collapses any kind of space odyssey/fantasy type of thing I see into one amalgamation. In this particular case, this is more of a setting or a universe to explore rather than a concrete story idea. I know this is going to be a rather brief overview, but trust that I have a lot more sketched out that I want to share and willing to work with/change.

The Deathless are, as the name suggests, beings that verge on immortality by having the trait of essentially respawning or reforming after death. Additionally, they have other abilities that are borderline fantastical in nature, abilities that led them to essentially conquer the known quadrant of the galaxy. That was several millennia ago, however, and now the galaxy is fragmented into pieces with warring factions on a galactic scale trying to hold dominion or exact peace on its people. The Deathless race fell with their empire. Mostly. As few as their numbers were to begin with, it's difficult to get rid of a being that can't die.

Our story could cover anything, from the survivors of this fabled race to human marines of one of these factions trying to make a difference. Our characters could be scavengers, exploring ancient ruins across entire solar systems, or ace pilots caught up in a war way out of their control. The galaxy is a large place, seeing the rise and fall of several empires throughout its lifespan. The mysteries it contains, all the knowledge lost and found or waiting to be recovered, it has an infinite number of stories to tell and an infinite number furthermore.
FANDOMS
I'm a bit pickier on these ones, but if you bring me a really captivating plot then I'm definitely game!

In order of interest:
BNHA/MHA
GENSHIN IMPACT
HONKAI STAR RAIL
INUYASHA/YASHAHIME
OVERLORD
WARFRAME
SKYRIM
FALLOUT

WORD BANK
fantasy
supernatural
dragon shifter
yokai
demons
angels
oriental fantasy
feudal japan
ghibli-esque
witchcraft
isekai
scifi
cyberpunk
space odyssey
time travel
artificial intelligence
multiverse
superheroes
quantum mechanics
neon lights
esp
reverse isekai
cafe
college
slice of life
snowy
dystopia
urban fantasy
japan
hidden life
light/comedic
dark/gritty

CONCLUSION
Thanks for stopping by! If you do reach out, please send me a DM unless you're new and can't. Have a great day, and looking forward to hearing back!

Last edited:
Hey are you still looking? I'd be interested, but I don't know if I can do novella posts... I can certainly try... Other that, I would love to rp with you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back