• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tyranny of Dragons

OOC
Here
Andarra smiles, then sets off down the path, moving as silently as possible, using her elvish ability to vanish into the trees.

"It's going to be a while before we make it anywhere close to the campsite." Garret started, "So, what brings the rest of you on the road of adventure? Mor'du, Andarra, Ronya, Xinnia? We've only just met and it might be together for awhile."

Andarra looks back over her shoulder to Garret and says, "I am in the middle of a religious mission, to bring the word of Corellon to elves that have drifted away from their devotions. I had received a calling from one of the priests at the temple that I lived at, pulling me away from my meditations and prayer to go on this journey, and so far, I can say that I am grateful that I was here. If I had not, many lives could have been lost if not for my skills."

"I'm guessing Corellon is to Elves as Bahumet and Tiamet are to dragons and dragonkind?" He asks, "Myself and Thovan are from Tymanther and we both journeyed from the country for our own reasons. Mine is to draw maps and hone my skills as a cartographer, while also bringing glory to Dragonborn."

"Mine is more of search of fame and fortune, since most officials of Tymanther has sticks shoved up their cloacas." Thovan continued off of the golden dragonborn.

Mor'du is quiet as he listens to the others talk, then he says, "It has been said that for evil to succeed, all it takes is for good men and women to sit back and do nothing. I have left the training hall to be able to bring the light of truth and the strength of my arm to those living in darkness. It is a giant quest for anyone to undertake, but I plan on taking this one good deed at a time, and let Bahumut guide me to where I need to be."

Ronya let's out a sigh. "I am not on some grand mission, I just want to get home. Though that happens to be on another plane of existence, so maybe it is a big plan. In the mean time I just want to learn as much of this place as possible and leave this world better than I found. I fully agree with doing one good deed at a time, it's how we make everyone's life just a little better, eh? I can also see how you want to hone your skills, I intend to do the same. I am quite experienced with some different tools, but I can always perfect my craft.

"You must tell me more about this Corelon, Tiamat and Bahumut, I have never heard of these names on my world."

Mor'du smiles. "Bahumut and Tiamat are the gods of the dragons, and usually, of the Dragonborn also. Bahumut is the god that I offer my prayers to, a being of good and nobility. Tiamat is known as the mother of evil dragons, a five headed nightmare that has one head of each primary evil dragon type." He thinks back to the moment that he nearly died, when his opponent made the comment that Bahumut was a weak god. Bahumut was not the weak one there, it was my own fault that I failed to lay him low in that duel. At least I was able to secure the prisoners.

He shakes away the cobwebs that are clouding his brain, and says, "I know little of Corellon, other than to say he is known as the creator of the elvish race. A good god, one that is quite serviceable, and I'm sure that Andarra can give you far more information on him than I can."

Andarra nods in agreement with Mor'du. "You are correct. While the elves have many gods, Corellon is usually regarded as the leader of the elvish gods of light. He is a close figure in my life, having given me the calling to serve Him from an early age."

"Like most humans, I used to believe in technology above all and even saw it as a way to bind the celestial, but my time in the other dimension changed my views. Now I think there is some divine spark in everything that we create. I build my automatons as hosts that welcome these sparks instead of trying to tame them."

"Technology? I am unfamiliar with the term." Garret asked Felix. "And I assume automaton is the construct that is with you, correct?"

As you all keep the conversation sparsely going. You are about a mile and a half away from Greenest. How are you all traveling? Marching order and speed?

Also, roll perception.

Felix Felix

Last edited:
For this leg of the journey, Mor'du will happily take point, and he will maintain a normal waking pace, but will keep his eyes and ears open for any possible threats.

Total of 17

Andarra will stick to the middle of the group, since she is not as tough as the fighters.

Total of 23

"Technology? I am unfamiliar with the term." Garret asked Felix. "And I assume automaton is the construct that is with you, correct?"

As you all keep the conversation sparsely going. You are about a mile and a half away from Greenest. How are you all traveling? Marching order and speed?

Also, roll perception.

Felix Felix
"Technology is almost everything people create from natural resources, yours might be a bit more primitive, like smithing weapons and such, but you should have seen the amazing stuff we have in Eberron. And yes, Q is an automaton indeed." She and Q were walking in front of the group. Since the nature was all new as well she was constantly taking in all the new stimulus around her, trying to compare the flora and fauna to those of her home.

"Ah, I see. I wasn't aware of such terminology for everyday stuff."

The distance you all travel during the next twenty minutes you see the terrain change from a sparse forested plain to a rocky plain with few trees. Small boulders become medium then large boulders half-buried in to the ground and the grass grows knee high with the exception of the trail you follow. The grass trampled underneath untold amounts of people, but far in the distance (3/4 of a mile) Andarra and Ronya faint smoke from a fire. Felix Felix Psychie Psychie know that the faintness means only one fire and you are no where near the 6 mile mark. As you move closer, now 1/2 mile from the smoke you all can see a large group (larger than yours) of humanoids and kobolds gathered together near a rocky outcropping and a medium tree.

Felix Felix Psychie Psychie
Ronya and Andarra sees there are two large men, almost the size of the three dragonborns near you, five other humanoids of regular size, and eleven kobolds in a group just away from the the seven humanoids. The humanoids are cooking something around a campfire with their weapons off to the side.

Sherwood Sherwood You can see the size of the group and the campfire but no defining features of anyone in the group.

With the large group now in sight, Mor'du carefully draws his sword, doing his best to be silent as possible. "That is a sizable number of foes. If we face them all at once, it will be a nasty fight."

Andarra nods. "I have a few spells that can help out, but nothing that can deal damage to a entire group like that. Now, I don't want to sound silly, but we don't know for certain that they are the bandits we are tracking, even if there are eleven kobolds in the bunch. How are we going to handle this?"

Ronya is going over all the possibilities. "I don't have the right means to attack all of them, but may not need to. If we can somehow contain them or have them fall asleep, we can deal with the others one by one. In my world bards can do these kinds of things through music." She turned to Thorvan. "Can you do any of that stuff?"

"Also, I could send Q ahead to scout. Shall I do that?"

"I know many bards who like to use their words to pacify and put people to sleep, but I am a performer and strive to being passion, energy and feeling in my performances." Thovan gestured with his hands with his pointer and pinkie fingers up with the rest folded into a semi-fist. "For someone to fall asleep during one of my performances would be an insult to me; but we do not need to perform for these individuals and just go around."

"Shut your mouth! Thovan, we have a battle ahead and I would like to fight." Nikolay retorted quickly to the idea of going around. "There's eight of us, only 7 of them and a handful of kobolds. The odds are in our favor."

Mor'du looks at the crowd in front of them and says, "Do not underestimate the effects of the sheer numbers of kobolds. A lucky hit from one of them will still cut. But still, I feel that we will be victorious if we hit them hard and fast, and not give them a chance to ready themselves. I have a cone effect breath weapon that I can use against a few of the enemy, so I will try to position myself in a way to be able to exhale that without harming anyone on our side. I stand ready. Besides, I strongly suspect that if we don't deal with these now, we'll have them behind us when we are facing off against another foe later on. Never leave enemies alive behind you."

Andarra looks a bit sad, but nods. "I suppose I concur. If we are to do this, let us be quick about it."

"I have very little in the way of attacking many enemies at once, but I am excellent at creating distractions. Would that be useful?"

"I do, but it's no fun without a captive audience to showcase my skills." Thovan mention.

"Since it seems we are in an agreement that we will be attacking this group. We should discuss how and not just wing it. Many of us have some experience with each other in fights, but not everyone does and we don't want to end up like last night at the church." Garret spoke, "So, how do you want to do this?"

Felix Felix

Last edited:
Mor'du says, "I think that we should first hit them from range, to give them a kick. We then let them charge us, and we focus our attacks on the larger foes. Andarra, keep back a short distance and use your Sacred Flame spell, ready to lay down a healing spell if needed. Ronya, what is your preferred method of laying down some hurt on the enemy?"

Andarra says, "I have a spell called Spiritual Weapon that should come in handy, along with my Sacred Flames. Between the two, I don't foresee any trouble in keeping some distance as we hit the bad guys."

"We have the beginnings of a plan! I have a long bow so I'll be back here with Andarra. We'll bring up the rear." Garret clasped his hands.

"The only range weapons I have are Javelins, I'll sneak up as close to them as I can and when the arrows fly I'll throw my Javelins then charge in." Nikolay drew some of his javelins out.

"I don't want to leave Nikolay by himself. I also have javelins and something else that will help." Alexander pulled out his shield and a javelin.

"I will join these brave heroes, just in case they get themselves into trouble." Thovan commented

"I don't have much long range and rather fight in melee. I'll be in the front with them." Xinnia pointed at the other three.

"Where will you be Mordu, Ronya and who do you think we should target first. The humans or the kobolds?"

Felix Felix Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back