• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tyranny of Dragons

OOC
Here
Mor'du thinks for a moment, then says, "In my thoughts, the kobolds will most likely be less of a threat than the humans, but the kobolds have the advantage of numbers. Hmmm. Let us focus our attacks on the humans first. I'll start out with a javelin throw, then follow up with my sword. We'll be able to quickly take them out. If everyone is ready, we can start this attack on our terms, not theirs."

[Unless ya'll want to continue to talk about this. Roll Stealth]

Garret: 4
Nikolay: 7
Alexander: 4
Thovan: 21
Xinnia: 10

I'm not able to make a roll at the moment. I have a +1 to my Stealth with Disadvantage; Syvvaris Syvvaris can you roll for me?

Nevermind. Its working for me now.

Total of 6

"I am not great in melee, so I will hang back with Andarra and pelt them with fire and arrows. You can take Q with you into the fray, he can channel some of my magic."

"If no one has any other objections, I suggest we move into place as quietly as we can." Garret says and waits for those brave souls to get closer to the large group to head out first.

[If there is nothing else to add to the planning, go ahead and roll initiative and I'll post a map with the order.]

Garret 20
Thovan 18
Kobolds 15
Xinnia 12
Alexander 11
Bandits 9
Big Bandits 5
Nikolay 3

Felix Felix

Last edited:
Field 1.PNG

Garret crouches down to the ground and moves up to a point where he could reach all the targets within the range of his long bow and silently waits for everyone to get into position.

Thovan expertly goes rock to rock without making a sound but stops almost everyone before they breach under the 120 feet range. "Listen, you are all being too noisy. Either we try to attack from here or move closer but you all need to try better." He hushed towards everyone.

[ Felix Felix Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Since many characters rolled poorly for stealth and it's been about half a mile, Thovan is stopping the party at 120 feet north of the campsite. Here is what your characters need to decide.
1. Do you reroll stealth and get closer or attempt (if you can) any range attack at 120 feet. (Javelins can reach this but at disadvantage.)
2. If you move forward, at what point away from the camp do you stop. (For example Alexander and Nikolay will likely stop 30 feet away and attack from there.)
3. Post your HP and AC on this next post.
4. Once you three post this we will start combat with Garret etc... etc.]

Garret 20
Thovan 18
Kobolds 15
Mor'du
Xinnia 12
Alexander 11
Bandits 9
Andarra 8
Big Bandits 5
Felix 5
Nikolay 3

Mor'du will try to close in a bit, stopping at 60 feet out unless he is discovered first.

And I rolled a crappy 5 for my stealth attempt. Mor'du is hardly silent.
Hit Points: 39
Hit Dice: 3d10
Initiative: +1

Number of Attacks: 1
Armor Class: 19

Channel Divinity Bonus: +2 to attack rolls with Longsword

Weapons and Armor
Longsword
Main Hand: +6, 1d8+4 Slashing, Versatile
Both Hands: +6, 1d10+4

Javelin x5
Main Hand: +6, 1d6+4 Piercing
Ranged: +6, 1d6+4, 30ft/120ft, Thrown

Chain Mail: +6 - Stealth Disadvantage
Shield: +2

Andarra will stop at 80 feet out and prepare to use her longbow.
Hit Points: 33
Hit Dice: 3d8
Initiative: +2
Ground Movement: 35

Armor Class: 18

Weapons and Armor
Longbow +4, 1d8+2 - Rng 150ft/600ft, Ammunition, Two-Handed

Mace +4, 1d6+2 Bludgeoning

Scale Mail +4 - Stealth Disadvantage
Shield +2

Ronya hangs back with Andarra at 80ft while Q follows Mor'du further.

HP:30 AC:17

Andarra, Rhonya and Garret make it to the 80ft mark, and the rest of the crew makes it to the 60 ft. Unfortunately the wind carries the sounds of heavy armor grinding, jingling and clanking together and draws the attention of some of the "humanoids". The closer group can hear the now shouts of band getting ready for combat. From the farther group, Garret sees the disturbance of the bandits and draws his long bow back and fires of a shot at #5. The bandit was in mid stride towards his spear before Garret's arrow barely passes throw his armor on his shoulder.

The first arrow flew was signal enough for Thovan to engage the group. He drew his long Sword and moved forward 30 feet, "CHAAAARGE!" He yelled and his words carried the essence of magic targeted at the Big Bandit.

With the sudden attack and shouts from the bandits, the Kobolds scramble to grab their spears and start towards the group.
Bandits:
AC: 12
HP: 10
#5: 7 HP left

Big Bandits:
AC: 16
HP: 20
Big Bandit #6: 18 HP Left - Disadvantage on next attack.

Kobolds:
AC: 10
Hp: 5

Sherwood Sherwood Your turn (Remember, Javelin's range is 30/120 so if you throw over 30 feet you have disadvantage.)
D. Rex D. Rex Battle has started so any time you want to jump in.
Field 2.PNG

Last edited:
Hiding amongst the crags just over a hundred feet away, the explorer waited with arrow notched. Hearing the battle cry from the sword wielder was enough of a signal to attack.

Cid had no affiliation with them... other than a mutual desire to cull bandits. And he was more than happy to help a roving band of adventurers do just that.

The ranger drew back his bow string and angled his shot just right. Pouring his focus into his arrow, the wood if the shaft began to sprout tiny thorns.

He released it and the arrow, it arched up high into the air. And as it came back down, the thorns grew and split from the arrow itself forming into arrows themselves. Coming down onto the targeted area as if he had launched a volley.

Bonus Action: Using 1 spell slot to Cast "Hail of Thorns"

"The next time you hit a creature with a ranged weapon attack before the spell ends, this spell creates a rain of thorns that sprouts from your ranged weapon or ammunition. In addition to the normal effect of the attack, the target of the attack and each creature within 5 feet of it must make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 1d10 piercing damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one."

DC: 12

Action: Attack with Longbow
Range: 150/600
Hit: +8
Damage: Piercing 1d8+4

Cid: Hp 36/36
AC: 15
Sp: 30ft

Bonus: Advantage on hit of first turn to creatures who have not yet acted (not applicable to target here)

4409a3c2fc88c32e46388373082615b1.jpg

Target: kobold F

Initial
Hit: 15
Damage: 7

Hail of Thorns Targets: H E G

Hail of Thorns Damage:

You're arrow flies true blindsiding one of the Kobolds and upon impact the shaft shatters into many tiny splinters, sinking deep into the kobold's hide around the dead kobold.

D. Rex D. Rex Roll a d10 for Hail of Thorns damage. H Saved.

Mor'du will charge forward another 30 feet, then will hurl his javelin at the nearest kobold.

to hit 14, damage 7 hit points
Hit Points: 39
Hit Dice: 3d10
Initiative: +1

Armor Class: 19

Channel Divinity Bonus: +2 to attack rolls with Longsword

Weapons and Armor
Longsword
Main Hand: +6, 1d8+4 Slashing, Versatile
Both Hands: +6, 1d10+4

Javelin x5
Main Hand: +6, 1d6+4 Piercing
Ranged: +6, 1d6+4, 30ft/120ft, Thrown

Chain Mail: +6 - Stealth Disadvantage
Shield: +2

Paladin Spells - 3 Slots
Spell Save DC 12, Spell Attack +4

Sherwood Sherwood You were out 60 feet from the closest humans, since the kobolds are further out roll disadvantage.

D. Rex D. Rex With the arrow on the kobold and two of them next to him fall to the ground. The 4th is shocked and walking with a limp now.

I thought that the kobolds were closer. Can I declare my target to be one of the humans, or is it too late?

Ok. Do you want a new hit roll or can the one I made still stand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back