What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial by Fire - IC Thread

Dice System
Exalted 3e
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

jaydude

Three Thousand Club
During the preparations to abandon the Invisible Fortress, Kuaidao busied himself with loading artifacts and other supplies onto the ship. Seeing the books Spider was taking, he made a mental note to have a look at them himself, wanting to be as mentally prepared for this threat as he could be.

He was a bit more optimistic about the food situation than Maja was. "Any Scarlet Emperor officer with a hint of sense knows how to live off the land to some extent. And from what I gathered, you Lunars are used to surviving in the wild. We should be able to get by well enough, even with Mahina and Milo's men to provide for as well." he said, shortly before Melinda revealed the spell she had.

"Well, that settles it." he said. "Depending on how things are resolved with the imps, I see no further issues with travelling to find Rory's people."

Essence: 2
Personal Essence: 16/16
Peripheral Essence: 30/40

Committed Essence: 10

Willpower: 5
Join Battle: 7 dice
Health Levels: -0, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -3, Incapacitated
Resolve 3, Guile 2

Attacks
Guardian Host (Orichalcum & White Jade Daiklave): 14 W. Accuracy, 11 D. Accuracy, 15 Damage, Overwhelming 4 (+3 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4) (Lethal, Melee, Chopping)
Straight Sword: 13 W. Accuracy, 11 D. Accuracy, 12 Damage, Overwhelming 2 (+2 Accuracy +9 Damage, +1 Defense, +2 Overwhelming) (Lethal, Melee, Balanced)

Actions
Rush: 10
Disengage: 8

Evasion 4, Parry 7
Soak/Hardness: 11/7 (Dauntless, Soak +8, Mobility Penalty -1, Hardness +7, Attune 5)

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
With all the books and artifacts loaded onto the ship, it is now time to set sail or else you'll be faced with the very real threat of the Dynast fighting force. Rory makes his way to the front of the ship, reveling in the cold breeze across the bow. "Ey there! The route that I took to get here was quite a hike, and I'm not sure that even this magic boat will be able to handle it. But don't worry your heads at all. I can guide you to my home without a problem. It will just take a bit of a convoluted path to get there." He smiles, looking off into the distance. "Ah, and I'll get to see me wife once more. Oh, such a lovely woman she is! Her hair is like a coat of the softest shimmering silk, her skin a soft porcelain, and her voice is like the spirits themselves singing! I can't wait!"

Everyone, please give me Perception + Awareness rolls.

jaydude

Three Thousand Club
Kuaidao gave a little chuckle, then headed over to where Maja was, hugging her and giving her a fond smile.

"Well, we're out on the road again, and Rory's not entirely optimistic that this ship will survive." he said, adopting a more lackadaisical manner. "Let's just hope it's a safer course of action than staying and fighting would have been..."

[Rolling Perception + Awareness, and activating Sensory Acuity Prana for 5m Personal Essence. Two successes with double 9's]

Personal Essence: 11/16

Resolve 3, Guile 2

Attacks
Guardian Host (Orichalcum & White Jade Daiklave): 14 W. Accuracy, 11 D. Accuracy, 15 Damage, Overwhelming 4 (+3 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4) (Lethal, Melee, Chopping)
Straight Sword: 13 W. Accuracy, 11 D. Accuracy, 12 Damage, Overwhelming 2 (+2 Accuracy +9 Damage, +1 Defense, +2 Overwhelming) (Lethal, Melee, Balanced)

Actions

Evasion 4, Parry 7
Soak/Hardness: 11/7 (Dauntless, Soak +8, Mobility Penalty -1, Hardness +7, Attune 5)

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Spider smiles at Rory, glad to see that there is such love in Creation like this. "Don't worry, big guy. We will all keep our hands to ourselves." In the meantime, she takes up a position on the ship by the stern, keeping a keen eye out for any signs of trouble coming up from behind.

3 successes on my Perception roll.

Random Word

Two Thousand Club
Maja snuggles up against Kuaidao and returns the smile. "How could it not? It's thousands of years old! It can fly! It came out of a box! Maybe if you put it back in the box and take it out again it comes out brand new. What's even inside the box?"

In the competition for her attention between Kuaidao and the outside world, only by virtue of the novelty of travelling by flying ship does the world stand a chance. Even with her attention divided between drinking in the details of new places and her new lover her supernaturally keen senses miss little. Like the steady reassuring sound of his heartbeat, or the complex bouquet of his scent, or the - what was she supposed to be paying attention to again?

4m Perception Excellency - When you have 20 mote regen/hr why not throw essence at everything?

Perception 5 + Awareness 3 + Keen Hearing 2 + Stunt 2 + Excellency 4 = 16 dice; 4 hits - well, if I hadn't excellency'd it would have been 2! Clearly Kuaidao is very distracting.

Last edited:

jaydude

Three Thousand Club
Maja snuggles up against Kuaidao and returns the smile. "How could it not? It's thousands of years old! It can fly! It came out of a box! Maybe if you put it back in the box and take it out again it comes out brand new. What's even inside the box?"

In the competition for her attention between Kuaidao and the outside world, only by virtue of the novelty of travelling by flying ship does the world stand a chance. Even with her attention divided between drinking in the details of new places and her new lover her supernaturally keen senses miss little. Like the steady reassuring sound of his heartbeat, or the complex bouquet of his scent, or the - what was she supposed to be paying attention to again?

4m Perception Excellency - When you have 20 mote regen/hr why not throw essence at everything?

Perception 5 + Awareness 3 + Keen Hearing 2 + Stunt 2 + Excellency 4 = 16 dice; 4 hits - well, if I hadn't excellency'd it would have been 2! Clearly Kuaidao is very distracting.
Kuaidao chuckled, while draping an arm around Maja's waist. "I hate to disappoint you, but I'm pretty sure this ship was the box." he said. "Then again, I'm still getting my head around the concept of a ship that you can literally carry around in your pack..."

Assuming that there was nothing he needed to concern himself with as the ship travelled, Kuaidao would look around the vessel for somewhere he could get some sleep later on.

Personal Essence: 11/16

Resolve 3, Guile 2

Attacks

Actions

Evasion 4, Parry 7

D. Rex

Magic Eight Ball
"Such a beautiful little trick isn't it? Not only was it inside the box, but its weight too was hidden away. There are no end to such wonders that existed in the first age. And to think it was likely only the most mundane survived. It would be like in the next age, and the scions of the Fifth dug up a ladel and stared at it with wonder upon how well it holds water and thought it had some grand ceremonial purpose when instead it was just used to pour water on somebody's back at a bathhouse." Bard would muse as he endlessly tuned the sanxian.

"Oh! And you know, some sea shanties would be perfect for a trip like this. However, I must say that no land shanties happen to pop into my head. I bet they had hundreds when these saled the fractured glacial desert of the north or the swelling goldem dunes the south or zigging and zapping through the labyrinthine jungles of emerald east."

Per+Awareness 7
Successes: 1

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
With the ship on the way, the Fortress starts to slip out of sight. The folding ship is large enough to fit all of you with ease, even with the few supplies that you have loaded on board. Mahina and Milo generally stick together, Mahina sailing the magic ship and Milo watching over her with a glower on his face. The twelve men that were traveling with the two Dragon Blooded do what they can to make themselves useful, but since the ship is run by Essence, all they need to do is sit back and stay out of the way.

As the ship sails, Rory doesn't stray far from the front of the ship as he points out the best route for Mahina to navigate the ship, regaling all that will listen about how lovely his wife is. With a slight grin, Melinda makes the comment that Rory's wife will either be the most beautiful woman that they have ever seen, or one of the ugliest people in Creation, and the big Solar is living in a land of delusion. Rory either doesn't hear her, or he ignores her.

Soon the mountains that tower over you start to shrink down to be hills, then they fade away into snowy plains, making your trip move along much faster. There are a few small rivers that the folding ship comes across, making its way across them with ease. Now that you are out of the lands that the imps, you begin to see herds of wild animals such as caribou and buffalo, showing you that you have plenty of food available to you, so you know you wont starve.

Even though it is cold, the snow makes for beautiful vistas as you sail towards the lands that Rory's people live in.

Eventually, you can see a few faint plumes of smoke off in the distance, marking that there is some sort of living people up ahead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)