• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern through the veil ! (open)

copacetic

un cœur tranquille

• through the veil !

a deeply haunted roleplay.

welcome:

the auditorium is completely empty. rows and rows of seats, going back almost infinitely are unoccupied. you take a seat in the middle of the third row, too unsure of what is going on to brave sitting in the front row. it’s funny. everyone picks that spot. a projector blinks to life, illuminating the white screen set up on the stage. as you settle in your seat, what seems like one of those cheesy informational videos they used to play in school begins. the people talking in it look entirely familiar but you know you have never seen them before in your entire life. it’s unsettling. but, you decide to watch. you don’t quite remember why you are here or even how you got here. the last thing you remember was you just going about your life. so, you push the worries to the back of your mind and pay attention to what’s before you.

we all die. it’s one of the few guarantees in life, though it is never clear when, where, or how it would be. from the moment we are born, we are on a timer. while death is certain, it is shrouded in mystery. what does it feel like? what happens after? some very good questions, of course, but nobody seems to ask what happens when your time is cut short. not everyone lives a long, fulfilling life. accidents, illnesses, a murder most foul- there are many examples of something that may cut your time on earth short. so, what happens then? unfortunately, you have just found this out. but, don’t worry! we know this is something that requires time to process. welcome to greystone.

you will stay here until it is time for you to move on. when will that be? that is up to you. you will know when you are ready. however, things are a bit tricky. because it is so jarring to have your life cut short, we decided that it would be best for you to ease into it. so, you will have no memory of the event. that will come through time. having that sense of lost time is uncomfortable, but it’s to ensure a smooth transition from that phase of your life into the next. don’t worry- your death, and key events surrounding it, are the only things we hide. so, yes, that embarrassing incident from seventh grade did happen. and no, we won’t get rid of it. it builds character.

what now? well, take the time to reflect with others on what your life had been, what you’ve accomplished, what you wanted to accomplish, and figure out what it is going to take for you to move on. what is greystone? that’s a tough question. it’s nowhere and everywhere really. but, it is a place you will be staying while you get ready to move on. technically, you could say you are a ghost. what goes better with ghosts than a sprawling, albeit a little creepy, mansion?

you won’t be alone! people die every day. there will be several others living at greystone with you. some have been there longer than others. everyone has their own pace and will be at different stages of their transition. you won’t ever be lonely. when people move on, there will be new ones waiting to take their place. it’s how this industry works.

you will not be here forever. eventually, you will move on. to where? we don’t have the answer for that. not our department. but, we do focus on making the process as smooth and quick as possible. you can take all the time you need, but you should know, there will be situations set up that are intended to help guide you through this journey. that’s about all the time we have for this orientation. unfortunately, you will not be able to contact us once you move into greystone, so please, make final arrangements now. any last words?

the video stops, the projector cuts off, and the lights come back on in the auditorium. weird. you never remembered them going out. there is nobody there for you to ask questions. in fact, you are still the only one in the auditorium. as you look around, wondering what to do next, your eyes fall upon what seems to be the only door in the room. the exit sign glows brightly above it.

intro & rules:

hi everyone! welcome to another episode of ‘copa cannot let an idea die’! so, if you made it through all that, this is basically a complete revamp of a roleplay idea i had that never quite made it on here. but, i was desperate for a spooky haunted vibe so i decided to change it up a bit. so, let me summarize. essentially, this will be a place where people go when they have an untimely death. the events of their death are pulled from their memory as it is quite often traumatic. over time, they will have to remember what happened to them, accept it, and eventually move on. (aka any reality tv show that throws strangers together in a house but like mixed with the haunted mansion because they are all dead). there will be some rules and lore on greystone, so be sure to read that.

RULE 1. this is not first come, first serve. this means that you are only applying for a role and I will accept characters I think are best suited for the rp

RULE 2. please only apply if you are able to post at least once a week and posts should be at least two good paragraphs per character

RULE 3. max 2 characters per person

RULE 4. greystone is set in current times, however, time is complicated, so someone who died in 1994 could have been at greystone far longer than someone who died in 1948. so, greystone has sort of a timeless feel to the people who are there

RULE 5. when making characters from specific time periods, please do keep that period of time in mind because it definitely would have an effect on how they are as a person

RULE 6. realistic faceclaims only

RULE 7. discord will be used for plotting/ooc once everyone has been accepted!

RULE 8. romance is not required (they’re dead lmao. but it is also very much welcomed)

RULE 9. all rpn rules apply!

RULE 10. if there is a problem with another roleplayer, please come talk to me! i will help smooth things out the best i can!

roles:

—BEEN THERE TOO LONG. this spirit has been at greystone the longest. they have gone through all the steps, have remembered everything, but they are not ready to move on. there is something keeping them there, and they will not move on until it is resolved. (taken)

—THE EXPERIENCED. they have been at greystone for quite some time, though not as long as BEEN THERE TOO LONG. they feel as if they are nearing the end of their journey, but they aren't quite there yet. (open)

—THE REGULARS. they've been around long enough to know the deal, but they still have a way to go. they've just begun uncovering the memories of what happened to them. (undetermined amount of open spots)

—THE NEWBIES. they are freshly dead and have recently arrived at greystone. they are still a bit confused and they have little to no memory of what happened to them. any memory they do have is very hazy. (three open spots)

links:

loreapplicationsooc

Last edited:
This seems really interesting! I'd be down for this. Just let me know where to post applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back