• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

WanderingWordsmith

Roleplay Type(s)
The World Of Erde
Y7a5tNS.jpg

Hello and welcome to my recruitment page for the group setting Erde. A world crafted for adventure. This is a high fantasy roleplay world where you can craft your character’s adventure how you please. A world filled with Monsters and Magic, spanning across five continents with unique qualities in each region. There is plenty to discover in the magical world of Erde. Across its four continents; Caterac, Danpsedo, Atlantia, and Euroboros. Each of these continents has a unique climate, population and capital. Bridgetown is the capital of Caterac. Clyde, the Capital of Verdania. Wintervale is the Capital of Danpsedo. Vagos is the capital of Atlantia. I have started with these primary locations within each continent to act like a hub for all characters to congregate. Leaving you the players the freedom to come up with your own locations within the continents and making forging your unique character. Those seeking adventure can join the various adventurer’s guilds spread across the world in every key location within Erde. Similarly there is the Trader’s Union which registers businesses and merchants that want to find new products to stock their shelves or discover cuisines from around Erde.

The two biggest trading companies within Erde are the Lovegrove Trading Company of Verdanina, and the Farraday Merchant Group of Atlantia. Respectively run by the Lovegrove and Farraday families. The Lovegrove Trading Company mostly deals with trading routes done within a continent when traveling by land or with their general store locations within every kingdom across Erde. Farraday Merchant Group primarily deals with raw goods transported to and from ports by air or sea. The Farraday Trading Company Headquarters is located on the Western part of Atlantia in the port town Gandoline

Pirates and bandits plague the lands of every continent. The further away people are from the capitals of their countries, the more dangerous the lives of average citizens become. This led to the organization and founding of the Adventurer’s Guilds. Each Kingdom has their own guild that falls under the umbrella of the Adventurer’s Guild. Anyone can register to be an adventurer and, in return, the Adventurer's Guild provides them with a guild identification amulet that is recognizable in all continents across Erde. Adventurers mostly do work for the commonwealth, but there are higher paying jobs from the royals and nobles of the kingdoms that are posted for the higher ranked adventurers.

This is a sandbox free form roleplay where you have complete freedom with the character you create. I am simply here to give you nudges in directions. I am currently open to about six people. But this could increase with time as it develops. The world is open for you to explore and create stories for your characters to follow with others. I am limiting players to two characters. Some key roles need to be filled. If you want to pick a character title such as the Sage or the Duke, you can create them how you see fit. These are just titles given to the characters; everything else is up to you except for the Lovegrove and Farraday Family members.

At the guild there will be a quest board with quests for adventures that characters from the adventurer’s guild can take on and follow. With support provided by the GM. But make bigger plots and story arcs amongst yourself. This world is open for you to play in and have fun with. All I am doing is giving you a setting to enter, and the rest is up to you. As for rules, characters can’t be the angelic end all be all hero and likewise the demonic lord that brings the end of days with no chance of stopping them. Character recruitment will begin Wednesday May 1st. When the Character thread goes up. In the following days, I will compose Lore and RP mechanics to help with the character creation process.

Open Roles
The Sage of the Kingdom of Clyde Hanarei Hanarei
The Duke of Wintervale
The Prince Regent of Vagos
The Grand Mage of Bridgetown Goonfire Goonfire
The Elven Diplomat of Corinthia
Farraday Family Member
Lovegrove Family Member

Rules
1. Benevolence- Be kind to others who want to enjoy the roleplay, bullying or harassment will not be tolerated.
2. Your actions are your own- No godmodding, I don't think I have to say this, exceptions are made with ooc agreements.
3. Nothing too OP Magic is a pretty open thing in this roleplay but keep the world breakers to a calm 0 and have fun with other characters work together with each other.
5. All RPN rules still apply, no exceptions
6. At least one paragraph per post.​

Last edited:
A bit of a 'waking up early' peek and I saw this. If I would offer a little critique it might be good to give a little detail about the open roles. I know specifically you left them open ended for people to take and craft they want, though the fact they are specific roles it might be good to give a little synapsis of what the role might entail or a vague idea of how you saw it. Even if it is a vague guide that you view the role that can be adapted by potential roleplayers, it would just help to give possible RPers something to latch onto.
The Sage of the Kingdom of Clyde
What does being a sage of Clyde entail? Is it an exclusive title or are they one of possibly many? Is it an official title or self claimed? What does a sage do? Why would they be adventuring?

The Duke of Wintervale
Why would a Duke go on an adventure? Why away from their homeland in particular? What powers do they have as a Duke in Wintervale? What is Wintervale like as far as their governing body goes? Would them being missing cause problems?

Why is a prince going on an adventure (granted I'd say trope wise it's not AS outlandish of a thing)? Is the prince going out on his own or with parental support? What is the kingdom like, is the family important or more an ancillary role that he can go adventuring?

The Grand Mage of Bridgetown
An actual given title or self proclaimed? What does being a Grand Mage actually mean? Does it involve holding some station or more just a simple title for them individually?

Why is an diplomat getting mixed up in the affairs of things? Specifically mentioning elf, does that entail that Corinthia itself is elven lands or is it just happenstance she is an elf?

Farraday Family Member and Lovegrove Family Member
Both are mentioned more specifically which leaves more questions about what the families are about and why they hold importance? My mind for some reason instantly things Romeo and Juiette though beyond vague shots at the dark it's a little hard to really find a reason why to latch onto either of these roles given a lack of knowledge on both and why members of specific families is such a big deal?

Likewise some bits about the various locations even if very general would be good as well. Again, it doesn't need to be extensive but giving what I'd call an outline of what you saw a place like would do wonders while leaving plenty of room to work from it.

The sandbox element is a bit.. too vague? You do mention specific giving nudges though given the actual roles listed it does make it sound as if how you viewed it the party might already be outstanding members of society or holding prominent positions. Are they meant to join an Adventure Guild and if so why would they join the same one rather then say one for their particular reagent?

Sorry if long winded and a bit pestering. I just wanted to take a small dive to get an idea of things mostly and I was left a bit questioning of certain elements. Sorry if I missed anything in my morning haze and I apologize if anything I say comes of redundant or just ill informed that I simply missed.

A bit of a 'waking up early' peek and I saw this. If I would offer a little critique it might be good to give a little detail about the open roles. I know specifically you left them open ended for people to take and craft they want, though the fact they are specific roles it might be good to give a little synapsis of what the role might entail or a vague idea of how you saw it. Even if it is a vague guide that you view the role that can be adapted by potential roleplayers, it would just help to give possible RPers something to latch onto.
The Sage of the Kingdom of Clyde
What does being a sage of Clyde entail? Is it an exclusive title or are they one of possibly many? Is it an official title or self claimed? What does a sage do? Why would they be adventuring?

The Duke of Wintervale
Why would a Duke go on an adventure? Why away from their homeland in particular? What powers do they have as a Duke in Wintervale? What is Wintervale like as far as their governing body goes? Would them being missing cause problems?

Why is a prince going on an adventure (granted I'd say trope wise it's not AS outlandish of a thing)? Is the prince going out on his own or with parental support? What is the kingdom like, is the family important or more an ancillary role that he can go adventuring?

The Grand Mage of Bridgetown
An actual given title or self proclaimed? What does being a Grand Mage actually mean? Does it involve holding some station or more just a simple title for them individually?

Why is an diplomat getting mixed up in the affairs of things? Specifically mentioning elf, does that entail that Corinthia itself is elven lands or is it just happenstance she is an elf?

Farraday Family Member and Lovegrove Family Member
Both are mentioned more specifically which leaves more questions about what the families are about and why they hold importance? My mind for some reason instantly things Romeo and Juiette though beyond vague shots at the dark it's a little hard to really find a reason why to latch onto either of these roles given a lack of knowledge on both and why members of specific families is such a big deal?

Likewise some bits about the various locations even if very general would be good as well. Again, it doesn't need to be extensive but giving what I'd call an outline of what you saw a place like would do wonders while leaving plenty of room to work from it.

The sandbox element is a bit.. too vague? You do mention specific giving nudges though given the actual roles listed it does make it sound as if how you viewed it the party might already be outstanding members of society or holding prominent positions. Are they meant to join an Adventure Guild and if so why would they join the same one rather then say one for their particular reagent?

Sorry if long winded and a bit pestering. I just wanted to take a small dive to get an idea of things mostly and I was left a bit questioning of certain elements. Sorry if I missed anything in my morning haze and I apologize if anything I say comes of redundant or just ill informed that I simply missed.
These are valid questions and I totally understand getting up early, as a fellow early riser. Now I won't get into too much detail as I am working on the lore thread and character thread. Plus, I have to work out any wrinkles that may cause confusion within the magic system. Rest assured, I do want to clear up any confusion. The roles listed aren't a party; they are just some key roles within the world that would be there more for story elements that help the world function. For example, where you mention that the Farraday and Lovegrove Family members seemed more like Romeo and Juliet. That isn't out of the question, but certainly not why the roles are available. Without getting into too much detail.

The Sage of Clyde - This is a role that is part of the hierarchy of the Clyde Kingdom. They are essentially a liaison between the people and the royal family. The sage's responsibilities include writing letters to other nations, and writing quests from the royal family for the Adventurers' guild. Though the sage deals mainly with the political or economical wellbeing of the kingdom of Clyde, he would also be the representative sent to other nations as a diplomatic role. The sage would travel to other nations and convey the king's wishes. Often with either a prince or princess, depending on the occasion they are visiting for.

The Duke of Wintervale - The duke is essentially the mayor of Wintervale. They would preside over all of Danpsedo, the frigid continent of the far north. The duke would have direct ties the guild and other nations. His role is mainly to make sure the people of Wintervale do not freeze in the polar temperatures they contest with on the icy continent. Known to be an entrepreneur he is a skilled artisan that helped build the magic furnace that not only helps to keep Wintervale warm. It also brings tourism to the wonders of Wintervale's steam gardens. Where the botanists and herbalists of Wintervale cultivate rare medicinal herbs and plants that are only found on Danpsedo.

The Prince Regent of Vagos - The Prince Regent of Vagos is the administrator of the country of Vagos. The empire based in Vagos stretches across the small central continent of Atlantia. Currently, the king of Atlantia is old and on their deathbed. And the nobles that act as the king's advisors appointed the prince to act as regent until such a time he is crowned as king.

Elven Diplomat of Corinthia - The role of diplomat is appointed by the Chairman of the Council of Elves. Elves being one of the oldest races that exists across Erde. They mostly live in the ever autumn forests of Euroboros. The biggest country in Euroboros is Covania and the capital of Covania is the Sovereignty of Corinthia. The reason the diplomat is an elf is that Euroboros has the largest population of elves across the entirety of Erde. Again, this is a representative of the democratic council of elves that travels to other nations forging trade and militant alliances.

The Farraday and Lovegrove Family Members - These two roles would be for the two main economic giants that are involved with trading across all continents of Erde. The Farraday Merchant Group and Lovegrove Trading Company. There wouldn't be a romance between them. This is mainly clerical and gives a representative of each family that can also be present at certain gatherings to either display new products during the busiest times of each kingdom's fiscal year. But also they can also negotiate with domain officials across the world of Erde. They also can create new opportunities for supply chains and artisans in need of work.

As for the descriptions and settings of the continent. I should have a lore thread finished today that will help answer questions about the setting. Thank you for raising your points, and I hope this helped clear up any confusion.

Edit: It would seem that in my morning to get ready for work, writing and other duties, I forgot one role you mentioned.
The Grand Mage of Bridgetown - The grand mage is a scholar that founded the Mulgrave School of magic. He has studied magic extensively and even wrote the curriculum that is taught to scholars that are learning magic. He developed the Zephirs (floating air ships that use magic to travel) using the same principals that he used to keep the land of the Floating Isles (Bridgetown) from falling into the ocean.

Last edited:
This piques my interest. I have some ideas for the Grand Mage of Bridgetown. Before I proceed, I'd like to know more about magic and—more specifically—necromancy in your world.
  • What types of magic from your magic grid go into it?
  • Is it possible to be a lich?
  • Is there a limit to how many magical disciplines one can know?

This piques my interest. I have some ideas for the Grand Mage of Bridgetown. Before I proceed, I'd like to know more about magic and—more specifically—necromancy in your world.
  • What types of magic from your magic grid go into it?
  • Is it possible to be a lich?
  • Is there a limit to how many magical disciplines one can know?
Necromancy falls under the dimensional magic of Nether magic. Being that it goes against the laws of nature unlike other magic but there are consequences to it so Necromancy is forbidden because those who come back with the use of Necromancy their spirits are pulled out of the flow of existence and once out the spirit can never return and once the body is destroyed the spirit goes to the Nether realm where it becomes a seed of corruption turning into a monster roaming the dreamscape.

So Necromancy is a part of the magic but it is frowned upon and there are rules if one wants to use it.

Edit: one could certainly become a lich. Though it would take a pretty skilled mage to perform such a spell. And definitely the Grand Mage of Bridgetown could do that. How they would perform such a ritual would be up to you. Would you like to join the discord?

Necromancy falls under the dimensional magic of Nether magic. Being that it goes against the laws of nature unlike other magic but there are consequences to it so Necromancy is forbidden because those who come back with the use of Necromancy their spirits are pulled out of the flow of existence and once out the spirit can never return and once the body is destroyed the spirit goes to the Nether realm where it becomes a seed of corruption turning into a monster roaming the dreamscape.

So Necromancy is a part of the magic but it is frowned upon and there are rules if one wants to use it.

Edit: one could certainly become a lich. Though it would take a pretty skilled mage to perform such a spell. And definitely the Grand Mage of Bridgetown could do that. How they would perform such a ritual would be up to you. Would you like to join the discord?
Sure, I can join. I think I can weave a compelling and believable tale with this information.

Hmm I'd like an invite myself. Can't say 100% sure I'll join I'm still kind of volleying the idea in my head, but figured it couldn't hurt to jump in for the OOC just for extra context and see how I feel and if something fleshes out more for me over time. I do got vague ideas, just not as sure if I want to dive in with them or not.

howdy! here i swore i would never join another rp for a while but i'm tossing that out the window :D i would potentially like to be the sage or the elven diplomat please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back