• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Crookie

night of the living punk
if you're into the paranormal, cryptozoology, gravity falls/stranger things/the x-files/stephen king, this is for you!
(this would be a reboot of an old rp of mine, just fyi)

[class=writing] font-size: 18px; font: Arial; color: #d0d1d2; margin-align: auto; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0); z-index: 2; transition: 0.3s [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class]
[div class=text]
[div class=writing]not
[div class=writing]quite

[div class=writing]right
[/div][/div][/div]
Blackwood Falls is a lost sock: hard to find. Hidden away in the heart of Oregon's pine forest, this town is small, tightly-entwined, and rich in history. Everyone knows everyone, families are bound, and secrets are even harder to keep. Kids walk on traintracks and rip wings off butterflies because there's nothing more to do. Pacific Northwest picketfence America, fathers work long days, mothers make homemade chicken soup, and grandparents rock on the front porch while knitting. Peaceful, quiet as the wind through the trees, not anything stirring has happened in the past 40 years.

Yesterday, Tuesday the 26th of April, Maya McLeary was found dead on the perimeter of Blackwood Falls, one mile into the forest, away from the town and any civilization. Her body was found with third-and-fourth-degree burns, encompassing 60% of her body, and lacerations across her limbs. She was found in a clearing of trees, but no sign of forest fire or tampering with the area was reported. Foul play and third-degree murder are suspected, but there are no leads currently on the attacker. Miss McLeary had been the librarian at Blackwood's public library for the past 4 years.

This was huge news. The population of the town had found out and was shocked in a matter of hours. McLeary's name was in everyone's mouths, mainly at the highschool: Blackwood Falls High. Even more especially, it is the topic of focus for the Unofficial But Very Fake Official, Cryptozoology/Paranormalist Investigational Society Party of Blackwood Falls High School. Code name: The Weirdos Club. To be honest, Blackwood Falls High is a school of cliche movie cliques (jocks, populars, goths, the sort), and while they may all love some good gossip, no group was talking about the news more than the most hated group of them all: the nerds. And, gladly, the Weirdos Club was made up of just that. Awkward, clumsy, acne-dotted geeks, with no cheerleader girlfriends or football game trophies. Barely any of us even have a plan for college or a career. We just planned on meeting up at the arcade, as we do every day after school for club meetings, and hunt the aliens of Oregon for the rest of our lives.

And that's just what we plan on doing. The police have made no advancement to actually conduct an investigation: as far as we know, they've swept up McLeary, thrown her in a coffin, tossed her in the ground, and wiped their hands. No concern, no problem. Like the whole thing didn't even happen. Why bother going out finding a suspect when there's a baseball game on? Too much work for the cops of this county. So, the perfect explanation is to let a group of 16-year-olds figure out the truth, right? Of course.

SUMMARY

Blackwood Falls, Oregon, is a small town in the woods where nothing exciting happens. But when a shocking crime occurs, everyone but the cops of the town are freaked out. The cops are not looking for whoever committed this murder, instead of laying Maya McLeary to rest and moving on like nothing happened: out of sight, out of mind. An unofficial club at Blackwood Falls High, crudely nicknamed the Weirdos Club, has taken it into their hands to conduct their own investigation. No one can seem to understand what happened to McLeary, how she got there, and who could have killed her. To the kids, all clues point to something paranormal. But what they find is even further from the truth.
most strange indeed
coded by nymphadora. ©
[/div]

Looks like we had similar character ideas lol
At least from what I could read, I'm on mobile
oh shit ! sorry about that 0: also sorry if the code i picked doesnt work on mobile, once i get it all sorted out (it keeps breaking), ill post the plain text too in a spoiler!

oh shit ! sorry about that 0: also sorry if the code i picked doesnt work on mobile, once i get it all sorted out (it keeps breaking), ill post the plain text too in a spoiler!
Oh, thank you for the spoiler! Also I was just pointing out the similarities cause I thought it was kind of funny

no rush, but for those who haven't and are still interested, don't forget to make a character ! we'd all love to get his rp off the ground !

i have a small proposition for you guys. so i'm currently in my first year of college, and all of my classes have been moved online. my classes officially end april 20th. i do really enjoy roleplaying with you guys, and you are all amazing at writing and posting, but right now this rp is falling down the ladder of priorities for me. especially being on a different timezone than you guys (or yall just never sleep), it makes me feel bad for posting inconsistently and not at the highest quality i can.

would you guys be willing to pause the roleplay until at least april 18th? once the semester is over, ill have all the time in the world (and the summer) to actually focus on roleplaying, and roleplaying well. i just feel bad as the owner of the rp - if you guys want, you're free to continue the rp without me and see where the prompt takes you ! but if you are open to the idea of just a hiatus, that'd be cool.

let me know what you guys think ! i'm open to any other ideas/comments yall might have.

i have a small proposition for you guys. so i'm currently in my first year of college, and all of my classes have been moved online. my classes officially end april 20th. i do really enjoy roleplaying with you guys, and you are all amazing at writing and posting, but right now this rp is falling down the ladder of priorities for me. especially being on a different timezone than you guys (or yall just never sleep), it makes me feel bad for posting inconsistently and not at the highest quality i can.

would you guys be willing to pause the roleplay until at least april 18th? once the semester is over, ill have all the time in the world (and the summer) to actually focus on roleplaying, and roleplaying well. i just feel bad as the owner of the rp - if you guys want, you're free to continue the rp without me and see where the prompt takes you ! but if you are open to the idea of just a hiatus, that'd be cool.

let me know what you guys think ! i'm open to any other ideas/comments yall might have.
I dont mind waiting

Crookie Crookie That's fine! I'd be happy to resume whenever you're ready. Good luck with school! (We have the same timezone I just have a wack sleep schedule LOL)

I'm so late to see this but it's perfectly fine with me!! Good luck with class dude!!!

beeswaxie beeswaxie Llewelien Llewelien yes, i'm back! you guys are more than welcome to create a character if you'd like! the 'main action' (i suppose!) of the rp is revving up, so it's a perfect time for you two to join! thank you so much for being interested omg

i will be making a post later today to get this all started up again !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back