• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Midnight Paragon

Savior of Dusk
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The year is 1839. London has been as it's always been; bustling, industrious, filled with the blood, sweat, and tears of the common man, who built this land up from the cold, hard ground with their own two hands.

At least, thats what most humans like to believe anyway.

Magic and magical creatures have always been around, hidden in plain sight. Most are very friendly, though humans always seem to think they're out for blood. Well, maybe the Vampires are, but not everyone. The humans seemed to have forgotten about the majority of the magical realm, and those who are a part of it are content leaving it that way. Sorcerers are at the top of the magical food chain, so to speak, but none are quite as prestigious as the Solbergs.

The Solbergs go back a very long time, and were known for their breakthroughs in many magical topics; alchelmy, spell casting, beast taming...if it was important, it was likely that a Solberg had a hand in it somehow. They've even found a way to meld into human society by becoming nobles; one of their ancestors found an extensive gold mine in their youth, and having nothing better to do with it, decided to sell it to the humans.

The Solberg Estate itself was created not too long ago, and is a massive magical manor with plenty of land to go with it. The current head of the house, known as Sir Solberg, lives here with his wife and children. However, time catches up with everyone, even to those with magic, and Sir Solberg was growing old...

His death was both unexpected and unforeseen. His wife, soon after, passed on as well; some say she died of a broken heart.

With only their children remaining, it falls to the eldest sibling, Julius, to step up and take things over.....

This is the story of how he almost ruined everything.

--------

Howdy! Thanks for stopping by! This here a little idea I've never really gotten around to finishing, so I'm looking for a group who can help me finish it! As previously stated, the world is full of magic and magical creatures, so your character can be essentially anything or anyone.

However, there are four spots I need filled before we can start, and those are the younger siblings of Julius. There is a minimum of four slots, but i can add more if you really want to be a sibling. Other than that, feel free to get creative about who your character is; a bodyguard for one of the siblings, a vampire chef who refuses to touch the garlic, a half giant who watches over the ground - whatever youd like! I'll put those who would like to be siblings on this post and update as it fills.

Sibling #1: Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler
Sibling #2: ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi
Sibling #3: fei fei
Sibling #4: Ayama Ayama

Thanks again for reading! If you have any questions or comments, let me know!

Link to Characters: Fantasy - The Solberg Estate - Characters

Last edited:
-jumps on this post- Not sure which sibling I'd like yet but damn this looks interesting!
The Solbergs are a powerful family of human sorcerers, right?
That being said, could one of the siblings be a half-sibling or adopted sibling?
And could that sibling be part magical creature (or indeed, entirely? xD )
Also, would it be possible to have a little bit of information on Julius?

Last edited:
Ayama Ayama
The Solbergs are indeed a human family of Sorcerers, but being a very accepting and open-minded family, they would certainly adopt a child or a magical creature if they thought it best for the child. A half sibling, however...well, it would certainly be scandalous, having a different mother or father, but that could create drama between the siblings and other characters, so I think it could be fun!

As for Julius, when the RP starts, he will be titled as 'Sir Solberg' and become the head of the household. He is 27 years old and an experienced wizard, but has quite the knack for alchelmy. He is quite protective of his family, but at the same time, acts almost like a child. The lad spends most, if not all, of his time working on experiments, and had hoped to simply continuing this work as he aged; ascending as head of the house had never crossed his mind. The man also tends to be overly theatrical, and has an uncannily amount of bad luck, much of which disguises itself in the form of explosions coming from his lab.

When I finish the character sheets, I'll be sure to have a link to Julius' for reference.

Awesome! I think I'm going to want to claim the 4th (youngest) sibling then- got a character idea taking shape~

Ayama Ayama
Excellent! I'll update the list and put you in. I'll be having the sheets ready soon as well!

Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler
Good to hear! Any idea as to who you want your character to be?

fei fei
Great! I'll put you down in the sibling slot. Only two more are needed!

So are faery courts existent in this universe, and would their non-sorcery magic be castable without a talisman or focus because they’re faeries?

All right all right all right~ can't wait to see what characters we get in for this; should be interesting!

Last edited:
Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101
Fae do exist in this world, yes, mostly keeping to themselves. Anyone with the talent for it can use magic, but powerful spells, hexes, or enchantments will require the use of a talisman, regardless of race. Think of it like...a focusing crystal, so that your spells actually do what you intend to do instead of just flinging magical energy everywhere.

Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101
Fae do exist in this world, yes, mostly keeping to themselves. Anyone with the talent for it can use magic, but powerful spells, hexes, or enchantments will require the use of a talisman, regardless of race. Think of it like...a focusing crystal, so that your spells actually do what you intend to do instead of just flinging magical energy everywhere.
Ah. So it wouldn’t really work for a Changeling human to have picked up any aptitude for minor magic?

EDIT: like small things: minor illusions like throwing your voice, and ‘non-visible’ magic
I can send you the explanation paragraph in pms??

fei fei
Oh no, your placement on the first post does not affect the age of your character. They can be as old or younger than Julius, but you can coordinate with the others who are playing siblings if you want a certain age or something.

Any chance I could play a sort of "Estate Alchemist" type of character, constantly wrapped up in his own research in a hunt for new elements? This RP seems pretty neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back