• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Queen's Madness OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Aye aye sir! I think it'll be interesting to see how Samuel [one of Garfield's forms] and Nazir know each other. Samuel was part of the Royal Guard before becoming an infiltrator and all so I'd think they would have had some prior interactions?
That would depend on when Samuel joined the Guard! Either during Nazir's reign as captain or he was there since The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof 's Ashen Lady (the previous royal guard) who stepped down thanks to her injuries! Once she stepped down, that spot had quickly been filled in by Nazir (so you could say he is the cause for the military's harsh rule (in the name of the Queen) over the land.

Either way, Nazir was there lurking in the courts during Juliette's tenure so they totally would have interacted!

That would depend on when Samuel joined the Guard! Either during Nazir's reign as captain or he was there since The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof 's Ashen Lady (the previous royal guard) who stepped down thanks to her injuries! Once she stepped down, that spot had quickly been filled in by Nazir (so you could say he is the cause for the military's harsh rule (in the name of the Queen) over the land.

Either way, Nazir was there lurking in the courts during Juliette's tenure so they totally would have interacted!

Oohh right right! From the looks of it, however, he definitely coincided with both her time as captain and Nazir's. He was around for a year after that before being assigned to the infiltration squad.

AI10100 AI10100 it just occurred to me that Cae probably has
met your character in some form or another before

Oohh you right, Garfield and many of his other forms have probably already been going to the tavern. And Rizel has also been working with the rebels every now and then so Cae has probably seen him many times.

Oohh you right, Garfield and many of his other forms have probably already been going to the tavern. And Rizel has also been working with the rebels every now and then so Cae has probably seen him many times.
Cae interacts with almost everyone who works with the rebels
because they're the official messenger. And they're in the castle
constantly, so they've probably at least run into Samuel before

Cae interacts with almost everyone who works with the rebels
because they're the official messenger. And they're in the castle
constantly, so they've probably at least run into Samuel before

I can just imagine Garfield just suddenly seeing Cae for the first time during one of his rebel days then again at his guard days and be like "That's sus"

But since it's part of his personal code that what each of his identities knows is locked to just those identities, he probably never reported or commented on it

Oohh right right! From the looks of it, however, he definitely coincided with both her time as captain and Nazir's. He was around for a year after that before being assigned to the infiltration squad.
Oooo well Naz has solidified a reputation for being a hardass general, and where there was justice, fairness and room for tolerance, now it's much harsher, corrupt, enigmatic, crueler and efficient, at least when it comes to the 'tyranny over the land' part
Hes basically a mercenary that saw his chance to get some power, got hired, influenced the Queen in a bad way - all in an effort to break his race's curse

The rebels are an obstacle to that goal, and naz will be hard pressed to uproot any and all of the weeds

Oooo well Naz has solidified a reputation for being a hardass general, and where there was justice, fairness and room for tolerance, now it's much harsher, corrupt, enigmatic, crueler and efficient, at least when it comes to the 'tyranny over the land' part
Hes basically a mercenary that saw his chance to get some power, got hired, influenced the Queen in a bad way - all in an effort to break his race's curse

The rebels are an obstacle to that goal, and naz will be hard pressed to uproot any and all of the weeds

Oohh Samuel definitely would have been an asset to the team. He likely never left the group and had to keep his identity for a whole year before being taken out. Hm, maybe he was moved to the infiltration unit after he was found out to be way better behind the scenes rather than on the field? Maybe Nazir was the one to pick up on this?

Oohh Samuel definitely would have been an asset to the team. He likely never left the group and had to keep his identity for a whole year before being taken out. Hm, maybe he was moved to the infiltration unit after he was found out to be way better behind the scenes rather than on the field? Maybe Nazir was the one to pick up on this?
Oooh yes yes I see now - the Queen's Infiltrwtion Unit is the group tasked with spying on the rebels yes?
If that is the case, I can totally see Nazir being the one to organize this group and recruiting Samuel! Their actual dynamic can be positive, negative or neutral (depends on what you're in the mood for)! Naz values efficiency and results overall, so even if he regards your character as little more than a two-faced, frolicking businessman, if the man proves himself to be a good asset, Naz will respect it.
But your CS says garfield is reckless and unpredictable - traits that Naz, being the authoritarian disciplinarian he is, would not appreciate soòo

Oooh yes yes I see now - the Queen's Infiltrwtion Unit is the group tasked with spying on the rebels yes?
If that is the case, I can totally see Nazir being the one to organize this group and recruiting Samuel! Their actual dynamic can be positive, negative or neutral (depends on what you're in the mood for)! Naz values efficiency and results overall, so even if he regards your character as little more than a two-faced, frolicking businessman, if the man proves himself to be a good asset, Naz will respect it.
But your CS says garfield is reckless and unpredictable - traits that Naz, being the authoritarian disciplinarian he is, would not appreciate soòo

Oh! Samuel, himself, is pretty much doesn't have that much of a presence since he's usually "undercover". And he hasn't revealed to anyone that he's a changeling. So what Nazir (and the rest of the queen's people) know is just Samuel. Also, how Garfield works is that each identity he takes has a different personality.

Samuel is loyal to the cause and all that shiz and regularly reports back with what he's seen. These are the times Garfield adopts Samuel for a few days (or weeks depending on his mood). He's a lot more disciplined in this form. Of course this does also mean that Samuel just goes dark a lot of times unless directly contacted or is at the castle grounds.

Ah, I suppose I should also try making some relationships

These are just some ideas I have, feel free to add on to or not want to use them:
AI10100 AI10100
I think Kav probably would've interacted with Garfield a few times in a professional setting. Like Kav seeking him out and selling stuff or buying little trinkets he finds interesting.

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof
I was kind of playing around with the idea that Kav was one of the people who tried to treat Juliette after her burns and was either unsuccessful or could only provide momentary relief. This would probably be one of the few times he truly felt the limitations of his skills, and because of this he feels incredibly guilty about his inability to do more.

Cosmo Cosmo
Just a fun thought; two big, dumb lads crossing paths and hanging out for a bit.

Oki Oki Oh! For sure, for sure. A lot of what Garfield sells are just jewelry and a couple of basic potions for the road. But he definitely sells a few odds and ends here and there, origin probably questionable at best- might be advised to make sure you don't show it to people who have lost something, but yeah, Garfield would be more than happy to show him the stash.

Garfield would be more than happy to take in commissions to procure ingredients that he needs though. Or even sell his stuff if that's what he wants.

All that plotting. Man, envious. My relations are easy and boring cause Lorne will have zero. I intend to have the big guy just arriving in the city upon the start.

@Cosmo
Just a fun thought; two big, dumb lads crossing paths and hanging out for a bit.

I mean, having that kindred experience of watching for low hanging chandeliers, small doors, worried about how to sit on a chair least it break from under them is the kind of thing that brings people together.

Oki Oki Oh! For sure, for sure. A lot of what Garfield sells are just jewelry and a couple of basic potions for the road. But he definitely sells a few odds and ends here and there, origin probably questionable at best- might be advised to make sure you don't show it to people who have lost something, but yeah, Garfield would be more than happy to show him the stash.

Garfield would be more than happy to take in commissions to procure ingredients that he needs though. Or even sell his stuff if that's what he wants.
Yeah, Kav would definitely seek him out every few months for ingredients that he’s running low on and ask Garfield to sell some of his extra concoctions. Sometimes he brings a simple sinus clearer and other times it's a dozen bottles of intense hallucinogens and he’s just like, “Sell, please? :D

All that plotting. Man, envious. My relations are easy and boring cause Lorne will have zero. I intend to have the big guy just arriving in the city upon the start.

I mean, having that kindred experience of watching for low hanging chandeliers, small doors, worried about how to sit on a chair least it break from under them is the kind of thing that brings people together.
Their bond is just:
shakeee.jpg

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof
I was kind of playing around with the idea that Kav was one of the people who tried to treat Juliette after her burns and was either unsuccessful or could only provide momentary relief. This would probably be one of the few times he truly felt the limitations of his skills, and because of this he feels incredibly guilty about his inability to do more.
I can 100% see that, yes! Her being untreatable would add to the resignation that her curse has brought on her. Though she would still be thankful for the attempts, albeit it that she might struggle to show the appreciation. Especially now.

Id love to hear what you think how he viewed his former superior, and how he does so after her removal from the position

Aye aye sir! I think it'll be interesting to see how Samuel [one of Garfield's forms] and Nazir know each other. Samuel was part of the Royal Guard before becoming an infiltrator and all so I'd think they would have had some prior interactions?
He definetly knew Juliette then, as she was in the royal guard and even her captain a considerable time!

Id love to hear what you think how he viewed his former superior, and how he does so after her removal from the position
Would it be possible for him be to be the cause of her curse? 0.0 And as for his view, he's there for power, and he would view her as the weakest link to get to that power thanks to her penchant for 'justice' and 'fairness'. So, nothing really against her personally; just an obstacle that he got rid of (unless she saw that he was slimey asf and actively tried to get him booted off, in which case he'd be much more active in disdaining her/would just add fuel to the fire as to why she lost her position).
I summarised earlier: " Hes basically a mercenary that saw his chance to get some power, got hired, influenced the Queen in a bad way - all in an effort to break his race's curse"

Would it be possible for him be to be the cause of her curse? 0.0 And as for his view, he's there for power, and he would view her as the weakest link to get to that power thanks to her penchant for 'justice' and 'fairness'. So, nothing really against her personally; just an obstacle that he got rid of (unless she saw that he was slimey asf and actively tried to get him booted off, in which case he'd be much more active in disdaining her/would just add fuel to the fire as to why she lost her position).
I summarised earlier: " Hes basically a mercenary that saw his chance to get some power, got hired, influenced the Queen in a bad way - all in an effort to break his race's curse"
Hm for the cause of her curse I actually have a demon planned that got defeated but in its death throws clung itself to her, basically.
Though maybe he somehow, in the midst of battle, unbeknownst to Juliette, made it easier for the demon to get a hold of her in an effort to get rid of her.

Hm for the cause of her curse I actually have a demon planned that got defeated but in its death throws clung itself to her, basically.
Though maybe he somehow, in the midst of battle, unbeknownst to Juliette, made it easier for the demon to get a hold of her in an effort to get rid of her.
That works lol! Are you cool with her being a bit of a fugitive cause Nazir may or may not be on the lookout for her? (Unofficially, since she was discharged for her injuries, but he could plan on recapturing her and sentence her on some bogus charge)

That works lol! Are you cool with her being a bit of a fugitive cause Nazir may or may not be on the lookout for her? (Unofficially, since she was discharged for her injuries, but he could plan on recapturing her and sentence her on some bogus charge)
Well I am having her be a resignated mercenary, I doubt she would really care to hide much, she has nothing to lose. If anybody tries to come to her, she'd probably cut them down then and there given the chance. She doesnt really care for a lot anymore.

I doubt he would see her as much of a threat, honestly, since she has no strife or goal and has no grudge against him at all, either. So he'd make himself more a target for her frustration if he took further aciton against her.

Yeah, Kav would definitely seek him out every few months for ingredients that he’s running low on and ask Garfield to sell some of his extra concoctions. Sometimes he brings a simple sinus clearer and other times it's a dozen bottles of intense hallucinogens and he’s just like, “Sell, please? :D

That reaction ranges from, "Wow, normal day huh?" to "Now you're speaking my language!"

He definetly knew Juliette then, as she was in the royal guard and even her captain a considerable time!

Ooohh Samuel definitely looked up to her like many of the other soldiers and Guards. Also, Juliette took the Royal Guard with her during that one fateful battle that ended up with her being cursed right? Would Samuel have been one of the people dispatched with her?

That reaction ranges from, "Wow, normal day huh?" to "Now you're speaking my language!"

Ooohh Samuel definitely looked up to her like many of the other soldiers and Guards. Also, Juliette took the Royal Guard with her during that one fateful battle that ended up with her being cursed right? Would Samuel have been one of the people dispatched with her?
She took part of it, only few made it back. With Nazir we have one of them, Samuel could be the other for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back