• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom 𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖊 | 𝖆𝖓 𝖆𝖛𝖆𝖙𝖆𝖗: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖆𝖘𝖙 𝖆𝖎𝖗𝖇𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗 𝖗𝖕 (𝖈𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖉)

KaramelKarma

ʜᴏɴᴇʏʏʏ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴍʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ sᴜɪᴛ ?!
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

"Even with all that power...you are weak!"

Snarling, Ozai pounced.
The world slowed to a crawl as the young air nomad let the earth speak to him. Pillars of angled rock tore up from the ground, trapping the Fire Lord's flaming wrists in an instant. His knees soon followed, buckling underneath him. A searing gust of wind provided the perfect opening. Within moments, the boy's bruised, bloody hands were firmly in position. Eyes closing, the rich, rumbling words of the lion turtle rushed through his veins. There and then, in an ethereal, terrifying feat of power, the gates blew open. And out came the most powerful energy known to man: the human soul.
Raw fury gripped the tyrant as he watched the Avatar's soul pierce the heavens. When the temptation came for his soul, there would be no resistance. The earth shook and split like thunder. Deafening energies of spirits flowed and ebbed and crashed and battered against each other, fighting for dominion. On and on it went; an endless barrage, a lifetime of anger, hatred, pride and poison. The skies soon bled into rays of black, swallowing all but a flickering, ephemeral shade of blue.

Finally, the air stilled. Ozai collapsed, eyes bloodied and blackened heart beating no more. The Avatar collapsed onto his knees as well, blood dripping from his many wounds. Slowly, the glow of arrows decorating his body began to fade. Only his arrowhead remained bright. No amount of words, actions, or tears would make it falter. The body was cold as ice, a sign of separation. Flesh and spirit were no longer one.
Aang was gone.

Hello, hello friends and future friends alike! Let me begin by saying that ATLA is and will always be one of my most cherished and favorite shows, no matter what stage of life I'm at. If that sentiment also speaks to you, then I wholeheartedly encourage you to read on.

Now, I originally planned to make this in a much more grand, officially polished kind of way - big ol' code, intricate plot, detailed explanations, etc; - the whole shebang. But then I realized that what I personally loved about ATLA was its beautifully crafted simplicity and camaraderie. So in that spirit, here we are.
At the core, I would like this RP to be a recreation of the show. Same universe, different characters, different scenarios, a different alternate-universe plotline of course, but in essence, I would love to be apart of an RP where a new generation of kids/adolescents scour the nations, get into wacky side quests, etc;, most likely all happening in episodic segments here on RPnation. A story that is equal parts exciting, goofy, wholesome, dangerous, tragic and complex and most importantly, fun.

What exactly is the story, though? Well, you may remember me mentioning the fact that I originally planned a really detailed version of all this, implying some overarching plot behind the scenes. That is true; I do have rough ideas on what this over-arching plot could be, which are closely tied and are essentially my vision of the continuation after the end of ATLA. I've listed the main components below :> The overall plot synopsis will be on the discord.

a blurb regarding my rough version of potential over-arching plot:

• what if Aang 'disappeared' once again after his battle with Ozai (which proved fatal for Ozai)? Flesh and spirit separated indefinitely, trapped in the Spirit World, rendering him in a catatonic state for many years, no cure in sight.
• Zuko and Azula enter into a civil war that utterly divides the Fire Nation; dubbed the 'War of Heirs', which lasts for a certain amount of years. Zuko ends the war by Agni Kai, defeating yet unwilling to kill his own sister. Instead, she is banished and driven out with what few loyal oathmen she had left (+ the Dai Li).
• Uneasy, volatile peace spreads across the nations for years as they try to heal decades-old war wounds. A new generation rises from the ashes of the Hundred Year War, represented by the children/proteges/etc; of the canon characters, even Azula (our main cast)
• Guided by a Knowledge Seeker fox-turned-human who seeks her own atonement and wants to get back home to the Spirit World, (played by me) it falls then to this new main cast and trusty ol' Appa to navigate through a world still bleeding from the war, through old enemies & new, friendships, betrayals, etc;, all to retrieve Aang/find a cure before it is too late. All the while uncovering a much more sinister and grander conspiracy involving the two Great Spirits, Vaatu and Raava and the creation of a Dark Avatar...

the rules
I hope that all made sense lmfao, and if it didn't, no harm no foul because it is currently past 2 am. Before I wrap up, I would like to play down a few ground rules/info:

1. First of all, in the spirit of camaraderie both from the show and RPing in general, my hope is that this won't be just any old case of grand puppeteer GM and participants. What I, as an indecisive nincompoop, would love is for this to be a collaborative effort, where we all chip in, contribute ATLA knowledge (because I am definitely not an expert), flesh out ideas, lore, and work to create the story we would like to see unfolded in real-time roleplay. If it becomes necessary, I would love to appoint a co-gm or two as well!

2. Seeing as this RP will at its nature be centered around a main cast of kiddos/adolescents like in the original show, I will most likely have a cap on the amount of spots available for this shindig. Important to note that this won't be first come first serve!

3. Plotting, chatting, etc; will all be done via Discord :> Once I get a gauge on the interest this picks up, I will attach a link to the discord server in this post. If you've read all the rules, lemme know who your favorite ATLA character OR your favorite ATLA quote is when you express interest >:3

4. All RPnation/Discord rules apply!

5. Quality > quantity, but no one-liners. Writing samples will be a required component for character sheets. Once a week is my usual go-to for posting frequency. However, since I want to get to know/get a feel for the people who are into this and what their lives are like are first, posting frequency will ultimately be decided in the discord server :3

6. FCs will be digital art, preferably leaning away from pure anime styles, but there's always exceptions to this so feel free to share and get my confirmation in that regard :3

7. The age requirement for this RP will be 16 years of age or older

8. The lore we will build up on and flesh out will be a mix of ATLA & LoK, but more ATLA-based as I have never really watched LoK (but I do know what happens and how it ends).

wrap-up
To end, here is my favorite quote from the show, said by my personal favorite ATLA character, Iroh: "Good times become good memories, but bad times make good lessons."

LINKS
the discord link is
here!
the lore page is here!
the character hub is here!

╼╾╼╾ leaves from the vine

coded by hanthesunbeam

ROLES

daughter of zuko & mei

The Crown Princess, future Fire Lady of the Fire Nation, esteemed eldest daughter of Fire Lord Zuko.
What a title. What a burden.
But it is a burden she must carry, like her father before her and his father before him; a burden passed down the generations for hundreds of years. The crafting of a new Fire Nation legacy spearheaded by her father, a treasured torch she will have to carry at all costs.
And that means a single gesture must command respect, a single breath wisdom, and a drop of blood mercy. Serve the nations and thus be served; wear the crown with dignity, not disdain. Never act on want, only on need. Failure is at best, an unwelcome guest and at worst, death's messenger. The sins, plights and preservation of an entire nation will rest on her shoulders, demanding the commitment of all heart, body, mind, and soul.
There is but one question.
Is she ready for it?

AGED 17-19
RESERVED 0/1 (BY...TBD)

daughter of Azula

Baubles of solid gold were her playthings, fabrics, and jewels of the highest grade and variety were regular ornaments in her daily dress wear. One glance at the mirror and she is what every little girl dreams of.

But what the little girls don't notice are the thousand little secrets brimming under polished marbled floors, the rumors around every gilded corner, the uncertainties that taint every aspect of past, present, future, and most importantly, of self. What they don't notice is that for her, trust is a luxury she could never afford and the supposed love between father and daughter is a flame rarely lit. Inner peace is a foreigner; a stranger with unfamiliar intentions, bringing along fellow travel companions: forgiveness, freedom, and hope. They knock at the door, hopeful of a warm welcome. Eager to dispel deep-seated grudges she never she had, a secret desire to find a mother's love and the pain of trauma long buried.
One question remains.

will she accept them?

AGED 16-17
RESERVED 0/1 (BY...TBD)

sons/daughters of sokka & suki

Having learnt from the best, these children know that in a world fractured by one form of hatred or another, a little humour can go a long way. Born and raised surrounded by love, they in turn have love to spare and aren't afraid to show it. Wide-eyed with spirits as open as the ports and seas their beloved Northern Tribe sails on, they are true thrill-seekers with a penchant for pulling antics on one another and other people. Because at the end of the day, they've learned the hard way that laughter is tragedy's best medicine, even when it hurts to smile.

AGE (FREE TO CHOOSE)
RESERVED 0/2+ (BY...TBD)

son & daughter of katara & jet

Much like their mother, proud and protective of Southern Tribe ways of life, they may feel as if they are carrying the weight of the past on their shoulders. Despite the lack of love between mother and father, it hasn't stopped them from attempting to fix what they can and wishing they could fix what they can't. Yet much like their wayward father, they may wonder if rules were only made to be broken, if only to allow them to carve out a better path, no matter how jagged or narrow it turns out to be.

AGES (17-19)
RESERVED 0/2 (BY...TBD)

proteges/offspring of toph

They wear rebellion like perfume. Staunch and unmoving like the mountains, discipline and stubborness courses through their veins. No bending is truer, having learned from the best.

They are proud of their heritages, no matter what a marriage certificate may or may not acknowledge. And as such, they've learned that to live is to fight; to die for a purpose is a great honor and to live for it is an even greater one. Bend but never break; shake the foundations with boldness but never arrogance. To conquer one's fears is to face them head-on. Choose battles carefully and be repaid in victory. To inspire is to lead by example and know that in the eyes of Fate herself, every bender is equal.
Because in the end, all one can do is fight.

Even when they don't know what they're fighting for anymore.

AGE (FREE TO CHOOSE)
RESERVED 0/2+ (BY...TBD)

spirit guide

A spirit that has spent her entire life on the outside peering in, she is the last of her kind. A Knowledge Seeker untainted by the vicious misanthropy of Wan Shi Tong. A spirit that has not given up on the physical realm and its inhabitants, believing in humanity more than it believes in itself. The line between spirit and human blurs as she ultimately pays the price for her daydreams, stripped of her spirit form and cast into the world where she must learn three essential truths: learn what dwells in man, what is not given to man, and what men live by.

RESERVED 1/1 ( KaramelKarma KaramelKarma )

secondary roles

The world of ATLA is vast, diverse, and infinitely creative. These roles reflect this: whether you want to create a Freedom Fighter, a Dai Li agent, a Foggy Swamp bender and more, go ham! Well, not all ham. Some chicken too, a bit of turkey, mashed potato?
That is to say, make your characters within certain parameters, 'cause anarchy is overrated, kiddos.

Speaking of the paramers/general info for secondary characters, here they are:

1. Secondary characters are not main characters and will not be treated so during the RP. The main priority will be towards the main cast for the large part of the RP. Secondary characters are meant to complement the overall story and world. This isn't to say that they cannot play major roles - they most definitely can as part of major events in episodes! They will just not be in every single scene of every single moment. You will be expected to take a backseat if required.

2. Contributing to the RP is just as important if you are playing a secondary character. How much you want to contribute to help build, and develop lore and the world is proportionate to how and where you are involved in the story. That is to say, if you want to make a Foggy Swamp dweller as a secondary character, you are expected to try and help contribute to that lore/scene(s), and not let others do it all for you.

3. Try to make a secondary character that counts. That is to say, I highly discourage in making a secondary character with the expectation that all will be bent and twisted in a way that will accommodate your type of character to be included. As flexible as this RP is, there is still a story to follow!

AGE (FREE TO CHOOSE)
RESERVED 0/5+ (BY...TBD)

Last edited:
"Hey, we are in enemy territory. Those are enemy birds."

Been a while since I've seen an ATLA rp with this much care, color me interested.

I totally second that last statement, haha

…do you have any age preferences though regarding the minimum age of the people roleplaying?

Sorry I clearly blanked on the gatekeep when reading, ahem...

Zuko..
Wait no..... Iroh

"LEAF JUICE!?"

INTERESTED
Lol wonderful to know <3 make sure to read the rules owo

"Hey, we are in enemy territory. Those are enemy birds."

Been a while since I've seen an ATLA rp with this much care, color me interested.
Awh yes just finished rewatching the show with my little sis (introduced her to it) and she giggled herself silly when sokka said that line lol! glad to have your interest

Sorry I clearly blanked on the gatekeep when reading, ahem...

Zuko..
Wait no..... Iroh

"LEAF JUICE!?"
"Uncle, that's what all tea is."
Great choice heheh! no worries, glad to have you on board :D

I totally second that last statement, haha

…do you have any age preferences though regarding the minimum age of the people roleplaying?
Good question! 16 years of age or older is what I'll go for :> I'll add that to the rules!

Another question, are you accepting the other "bendables" I figure you would accept metal bending. But what about bending magma/lava for example?

Cool! That case I’m definitely interested and would love to join, if everyone else is okay with it as well. And now that I know that it’s alright with you to join:

“There it is” *others look in the direction of where Toph points* “That’s what it’ll sound like when one of you spots it” *waves hand in front of her face*

And my other favorite

the legend of korra lol GIF

Another question, are you accepting the other "bendables" I figure you would accept metal bending. But what about bending magma/lava for example?
Great question! I have given some unofficial thought to this. Anything that was shown to be possible/done in the show I think is good to go in this RP, provided it makes sense. So for magma/lava, it seemed like to me it was a more advanced technique of fire bending, so obviously the bender would most likely match in age (or you could provide reasoning like how Toph was an extremely gifted eatth-bender due to her disability).

Same thing goes for blood-bending. Katara could have passed on that dangerous knowledge to her son, so he would know. BTW just updated the cast, I added a daughter for Katara and Jet, so that maybe the conflict of using blood-bending can be expressed through their dynamic!

I really love this idea! And a favorite character of mine (since I’m blanking on quotes atm lool) is probably Katara. Low key used to think I was a water bender like her while I was young lool

Great question! I have given some unofficial thought to this. Anything that was shown to be possible/done in the show I think is good to go in this RP, provided it makes sense. So for magma/lava, it seemed like to me it was a more advanced technique of fire bending, so obviously the bender would most likely match in age (or you could provide reasoning like how Toph was an extremely gifted eatth-bender due to her disability).

Same thing goes for blood-bending. Katara could have passed on that dangerous knowledge to her son, so he would know. BTW just updated the cast, I added a daughter for Katara and Jet, so that maybe the conflict of using blood-bending can be expressed through their dynamic!
Bolin who was just an earth bender learned to magma bend, but his parents were an earth bender and a fire bender. In my opinion I think either branch could but I don't know if when you said show you meant ATLA exclusively or are also including LOK.

Either way I would adapt to your preferences <3

This sounds amazing and so well thought out, I love it! Will definitely be trying for Azula's daughter! Also, my favorite character had to be Zuko for the amazing character growth hello!!!

Awh yes just finished rewatching the show with my little sis (introduced her to it) and she giggled herself silly when sokka said that line lol! glad to have your interest
I know right? Sokka definitely has some of the most quotable lines in the entire show.
As for favorite character, gotta give it to my man The Boulder.

As for roles, I am eyeing Toph's protege.

Last edited:
I really love this idea! And a favorite character of mine (since I’m blanking on quotes atm lool) is probably Katara. Low key used to think I was a water bender like her while I was young lool
lowkey same, honestly who didn't? it was always a split between wanting to bend air or water for me! Glad to have you on board <3

This sounds amazing and so well thought out, I love it! Will definitely be trying for Azula's daughter! Also, my favorite character had to be Zuko for the amazing character growth hello!!!
Awesome to hear and thank you! Azula's daughter definitely has the potential to shape up to be our "Zuko" lmfao. Welcome <3

umhhhhh I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE, the re watching ATLA during quarantine memories are all flooding back to me.
fate has led you here my friend, your username fits perfectly too lol! don't forget to read the rules <3

1026da238c9538cb02eaa8869b1e185bc23965e8r1-400-250-hq.gif

Bolin who was just an earth bender learned to magma bend, but his parents were an earth bender and a fire bender. In my opinion I think either branch could but I don't know if when you said show you meant ATLA exclusively or are also including LOK.

Either way I would adapt to your preferences <3
I do vaguely remember learning Bolin managed to do that, lol thanks for reminding me! This RP will most likely be based on ATLA since my version is a continuation of what happens after it ended. Will do more research on the possibility, and in general am open to a character learning to magma/lava bend later on in the RP :>

"I was never angry with you. I was sad...because I was afraid you'd lost your way."

Very interested. The child of Azula is particularly of interest to me."

Ooh, I'd be up to join if you still have space! Currently still making my way through the last bits of the series and this seems like a lotta fun

announcement

/*left bottom*/
the stonemason.

/*right bottom -- picture with grayscale filter*/
/*DO NOT REMOVE CREDIT*/
© weldherwings.
Servant Servant Chimeric Chimeric Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon tanto tanto temporarybliss temporarybliss tunneloflove tunneloflove RikuXIII RikuXIII

Hey guys, once again thank you so much for your interest & for what you all shared in quotes and favorite characters! The discord is almost done being set up and I'll be sharing the link on this interest check by this time tomorrow :> After that, I'll have the CS up & running by this weekend, with more organized descriptions on the main cast roles that you guys can choose to take (with flexibility for your own twists on the characters ofc).
A side note regarding CSes - you guys are welcome to apply for multiple roles! It is my hope that we will follow a story focused on character development and adventure, so no matter who you go for, whether it be a daughter of Azula or a protege of Toph, all characters will be equal in importance & highly encouraged to be made in a way that encourages character growth throughout the RP.

The lore I have for what happens after ATLA will be posted either earlier or around the same time as the CS. It's still pretty rough, so I'd love to discuss & work on it with you guys in the discord!

Mirai-chan Mirai-chan CircleofHell CircleofHell this all applies to yall too <3 lemme know when you guys have read the rules!

Hello, hello friends and future friends alike! Let me begin by saying that ATLA is and will always be one of my most cherished and favorite shows, no matter what stage of life I'm at. If that sentiment also speaks to you, then I wholeheartedly encourage you to read on.

Now, I originally planned to make this in a much more grand, officially polished kind of way - big ol' code, intricate plot, detailed explanations, etc; - the whole shebang. But then I realized that what I personally loved about ATLA was its beautifully crafted simplicity and camaraderie. So in that spirit, here we are.
At the core, I would like this RP to be a recreation of the show. Same universe, different characters, different scenarios, a different alternate-universe plotline of course, but in essence, I would love to be apart of an RP where a new generation of kids/adolescents scour the nations, get into wacky side quests, etc;, most likely all happening in episodic segments here on RPnation. A story that is equal parts exciting, goofy, wholesome, dangerous, tragic and complex and most importantly, fun.

What exactly is the story, though? Well, you may remember me mentioning the fact that I originally planned a really detailed version of all this, implying some overarching plot behind the scenes. That is true; I do have rough ideas on what this over-arching plot could be, which are closely tied and are essentially my vision of the continuation after the end of ATLA. I've listed the main components below :>

a blurb regarding my rough version of potential over-arching plot:
• "what if Aang 'disappeared' once again after his battle with Ozai (which proved fatal for Ozai)?". Flesh and spirit separated indefinitely, trapped in the Spirit World, rendering him in a catatonic state for many years, no cure in sight.
• Zuko and Azula enter into a civil war that utterly divides the Fire Nation; dubbed the 'War of Heirs', which lasts for a certain amount of years. Zuko ends the war by Agni Kai, defeating yet unwilling to kill his own sister. Instead, she is banished and driven out with what few loyal oathmen she had left (+ the Dai Li).
• Uneasy, volatile peace spreads across the nations for years as they try to heal decades-old war wounds. A new generation rises from the ashes of the Hundred Year War, represented by the children/proteges/etc; of the canon characters, even Azula (our main cast)
• Guided by a Knowledge Seeker fox-turned-human who seeks her own atonement and wants to get back home to the Spirit World, (played by me) it falls then to this new main cast and trusty ol' Appa to navigate through a world still bleeding from the war, through old enemies & new, friendships, betrayals, etc;, all to retrieve Aang/find a cure before it is too late. All the while uncovering a much more sinister and grander conspiracy involving the two Great Spirits, Vaatu and Raava and the creation of a Dark Avatar...

the rules
I hope that all made sense lmfao, and if it didn't, no harm no foul because it is currently past 2 am. Before I wrap up, I would like to play down a few ground rules/info:

1. First of all, in the spirit of camaraderie both from the show and RPing in general, my hope is that this won't be just any old case of grand puppeteer GM and participants. What I, as an indecisive nincompoop, would love is for this to be a collaborative effort, where we all chip in, contribute ATLA knowledge (because I am definitely not an expert), flesh out ideas, lore, and work to create the story we would like to see unfolded in real-time roleplay. If it becomes necessary, I would love to appoint a co-gm or two as well!

2. Seeing as this RP will at its nature be centered around a main cast of kiddos/adolescents like in the original show, I will most likely have a cap on the amount of spots available for this shindig. Important to note that this won't be first come first serve! Following my version, the main cast would consist of:
• [1] daughter of Zuko & Mei
• [1] daughter of Azula (who was taken at a young age from her mother to be raised by Zuko)
• [2+] sons/daughters of Sokka & Suki
• [1] son & [1] daughter of Katara & Jet (yep he survives in my version, but the relationship between the two is not great, thanks to factors like Katara's old feelings towards Aang)
• [1+] proteges/sons/daughters/etc; of Toph
• possibly more spots, seeing as to what others make up!

3. Plotting, chatting, etc; will all be done via Discord :> Once I get a gauge on the interest this picks up, I will attach a link to the discord server in this post. If you've read all the rules, lemme know who your favorite ATLA character OR your favorite ATLA quote is when you express interest >:3

4. All RPnation/Discord rules apply!

5. Quality > quantity, but no one-liners. Writing samples will be a required component for character sheets. Once a week is my usual go-to for posting frequency. However, since I want to get to know/get a feel for the people who are into this and what their lives are like are first, posting frequency will ultimately be decided in the discord server :3

6. FCs will be digital art, preferably leaning away from pure anime styles, but there's always exceptions to this so feel free to share and get my confirmation in that regard :3

7. The age requirement for this RP will be 16 years of age or older

8. The lore we will build up on and flesh out will be a mix of ATLA & LoK, but more ATLA-based as I have never really watched LoK (but I do know what happens and how it ends).

wrap-up
To end, here is my favorite quote from the show, said by my personal favorite ATLA character, Iroh: "Good times become good memories, but bad times make good lessons."

╼╾╼╾ leaves from the vine

coded by hanthesunbeam

Okay, this is definitely an interesting idea. Hope I’m not too late to check it out

I was also going to choose a cabbage quote bc we love that guy, but since someone already did:

"There's no different angle, no clever solution, no trickity trick that's gonna move that rock. You gotta face it head on. "

- Toph is so inspirational. Needless to say, your idea has won my interest! I've been a fan of ATLA since it first came out long long ago and while I'm not 100% sure on which role I would go for yet, I am certain I'd want to play a male. So maybe Suki & Sokka son or, hey, maybe Cabbage Man got with an earth bender and created a child of vengeance XD

::EDIT - Actually! Inspiration struck me after I saw one of my FC potentials. What's the likelihood of reincarnating Yue (the water bending princess who became the moon spirit) into a new character? Or if not reincarnated, a piece of her spirit and abilities being shared with a newborn from her tribe? A blessing if you will? I think he could be an interesting element to add to the mix and fun potential for interacting with Sokka's children.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back