• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The NEW New OOC Thread (Introduce yourself here!)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Salutations!

I am The Suspicious Eye, but you can call me Eye, if you like. Old friends call me Suki or Su sometimes. As for what drew me in, I know a few peeps here and I love superheroes. I hate how much I'm not on. Bianca deserves more, but college is annoying especially jumping back into the hardest part of engineering. I usually play characters that have been through a lot of bad things but deny it. Or a odd villain or two. I love fantastical or mysterious plots ones with twists and turns.

I currently have one character Bianca, a Gravity Shifter, she turned against her gangster father and is trying to be a good kid again. I want to develop her more before making a new character so she'll be the only one for a while.

Hello. Figured it might be a good idea to introduce myself formally since I'm pretty sure nobody here except for some of the old members really know me.

I'm Alyxsandre, but I call myself Nia out of habit from my old username that I used everywhere, but it is now in a new Alternative UN I use (Alyxzenia) to justify its use 8V
Most people now just know me as Alyx or Aly. (I am agender though so I kindly ask that you use they/them with me. No harm if you slip up tho. I'm not one of those people 8V/ )

Uh, what drew me into the roleplay was that I was in the original years ago, before I kinda fell out of it and then proceeded to not talk to anybody except for one person for the next like, four years.
Then he messages me one day and says "Nia! Wel is making a new episode in her Otherworld Revamp in which we can use our old characters!"
Now, mind you, I had been actively searching for ways to revamp and reuse my old characters, and back when I was in Otherworld, I absolutely loved it. Wel can back me up on this but I was RELENTLESSLY involved, talked to everyone, and just kept on making new characters 8|
I had 5 characters, 1 NPC, and was working on a 6th before I left.
Wel makes some wonderful roleplays, so I figured I'd give it a shot again. Especially with the added challenge of "Where are your characters 22 years later?"

Characters and plots...
I'm a sucker for supernatural (like ghosts, spirits, and Japanese Yokai,) but I also adore adventure and action. Slice-of-life is a weakness of mine.

Characters, lord. I really just like anything that sort of challenges the norm. To take people who respond to things differently than most, etc. I have a soft spot for my psychos, too, but I also love my super kind characters who sooner or later have to face the reality of the harsh world, and I also love characters who may have had a rough past but are fighting the trauma and making themselves stronger for it.
Character development is my jam.
Also I tend to make a lot of Mexican/Hispanic characters. Also Agender characters.

ATM, I've only submitted one character, Worm (who now has an official name but I'll be calling her Worm anyways), who's my eccentric, energy-filled, and masochistic Biological Transmuter.

I have one other character planned to submit right now and their name is Valentin Rosario Flores-Rosales, and they are a more mature but still-eccentric version of Worm. They'll have the ability to create a sticky material from their palms that can be formed into bubbles. Used a lot in chase since they're a police officer.

My other two planned characters are one named Zuriñe, and another named Othello. Zuriñe is a power transmuter and she was actually Gergo's charge back in the old roleplay. Yeah, he was her bodyguard. When I left the original roleplay, Leo wrote an absolutely heartbreaking scene with her and Go to write her out, which will be carried over into her canon. She might be a short while before I bring her in.

And last is Othello, aka DATA.
... He'll be an even longer wait 'cuz he's an S-Rank.
He was actually my first character back in Otherworld, and his power is Data Manipulation. He can bring anything from anything data into the real world with all its stats intact.
And he's a hacker so he can beef those guys up if he wanted to a h a h a

I'm more than happy to talk about my characters if anybody's interested!

And finally, Favorite food is Mexican 'cuz I Am Not Biased.
But seriously, I like Green Enchiladas and Green Posole. I look forward to roleplaying with you guys !

Last edited:
I guess since I'm the GM, I should introduce myself, even though you all pretty much know me.... some of you, I've known for almost a decade.

I decided to make Aegis after cracking some jokes in the RPN chat about how I love and run trash RPs, especially high school RPs. So, I decided to make a high school RP with powers, because that's about as trash as you can get, and decided to go for a more mundane setting (no fantasy races) so that things would actually be slightly manageable. From there, superpowers seemed like a no-brainer, plus I already had this one setting called Otherworld I could recycle....

Anyways, I like goofy and shallow characters. Most of my effort goes into my wordbuilding and attempting to look like an organized GM, by the time I get to character creation for myself, I'm not really feeling it. My characters are usually overdramatic, or silly, or self-inserts, and that's okay. I got over it a while ago.

My favorite food.... idk bruh. I love salmon. And shrimp. And mussels. And eel. And crab.

I'm the Queen of Trash, welcome to my Landfill.

"Tell us what drew you to Aegis, what kind of characters and plots you like, who you play, and your favorite food. Most of us already know each other, but not all do, plus we have some new people who are still learning names."

What Drew Me to AEGIS: Several friends I made on RPN, through other roleplays, were in AEGIS. I was a huge fan of the character creation system, which seemed to control how crazy powerful characters could be (an issue I ran into a lot), there was a dearth of older female characters (however short-lived), it was active, and had a large roster! Plus I adore superheroes. I was in a superhero RP before AEGIS that died but was glorious in the time it had. I was eager to revisit that.

Who I Play:
  • Imogen- Safety Staff of Facility 108- Occupational Health and Safety expert, regenerator, and jaded vigilante who wins the gold medal of being passive socially (unless she's alone with one other person)
  • Luther- Physical Discipline Assistant Instructor- Ex-military and ex-private sector military 'consultant,' hedonist and thrill-seeker, whose flesh is a gateway to a pocket dimension, and is still grieving the loss of her imagined family life
  • Susan- Political Powers Instructor- Lady of her 40s, with a past and present that do not appear to align, who is a potent water manipulator, with perhaps a bit of a scary streak

What Kind of Charters and Plot I Like:
I usually avoid combat, because it becomes a huge epeen contest, but I like most other plots. I especially enjoy puzzles, things that require characters to work together rather than be moody jerks snapping at each other or standing in corners, and ones that have lasting consequences besides a groovy scar. Political, social, and mystery types are probably my favorite!

Characters I am excessively nitpicky. I like flawed characters- not someone whose flaw is being excessively happy or some other "non-flaw" but also who doesn't have a severe mental defect like schizophrenia. I like the characters that struggle with feelings of inadequacy, addiction, grief, who are cowards, physically impaired, or just plain dumb. The best characters to me are ones that have a strong flaw they are always trying to push past, but one that doesn't completely define them and make them into a walking cliche either. I think characters come down a lot to the players- and how realistic they play them, while still being flexible OOC.

My Favorite Food: Does dark chocolate count? I don't have just one sweet tooth, all of my teeth seem to be sweet teeth. =|

Well then, I guess it's only appropriate for the DM to introduce themselves after the GM.

I'm Natealie, but you may know me as Nyarlathotep, the meme machine, or goddamn it Nat. I am a dungeon master who frequently help Weli out with things, but I promise that other than indoctrinating her into the Illuminati I don't have any behind the scenes influence on the rp! I am a gamer, and I love tabletop games and video games alike.

The kind of threads I like to have are those loaded with meaning and that are interesting. Because of that, anything can really work. I also tend to not ship often since I'm convinced that there are some many interesting things you can rp besides that. To limit oneself to just romantic rp is kind of crazy in my opinion. For genres, I enjoy cosmic horror and psychological horror quite a bit, but I can find enjoyment in anything.

Nix and Anise are my characters. Nix is a genderfluid androgynous individual who hjas the power to understand everything and be understood by everything. And Anise is a young girl who can create things out of her blood. Both are very different characters but are both interesting to play for sure!

So yeah that's basically me. I'm usually available if you need to talk so feel free to message me if you want. Just remember

Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. He knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread.

Hello all, but especially new people!

I go by Gus here, after my first character who was rejected for reasons of problematic powers.

Since my main character, Aaron Mallory, is a literal walking black hole who weighs as much as Saturn, speculation as to what I managed to actually get rejected in Gus Gustavson is encouraged as a mental exercise for the interested new folks. (There are clues sprinkled liberally throughout my submissions to the prompts, as Gus lingers on in my head canon.)

My other characters include Manami Hamasaki, who is probably best described as a cross between Namor, X-23, and Hulk. She is by nature sweet and naive, but has had a rough week. Episode six will see a very different take on her character.

My first (successful) submission was Lucas Marsolet, a French Canadian transplant who is made of electrons. He lost an eye in episode two, and was just blinded in his other eye in episode 5. Luckily he can move through electrical wires at nearly lightspeed, and vision is not much use with that. Walking around though, will be tricky.

Kate is effectively two characters, Wonder Woman by day, BatGirl by night. She also hears voices sometimes. At twilight she is unpowered and more or less normal.

Lars Magnusson is a sort of illusionist and my one villain. He thinks the world is being created by a group of extra dimensional writers for their amusement, and he is not amused by that, so watch out.

Tony Costanzo is my most recent character, and he is not out about being super. He works in a testing facility which helps him know how to avoid detection. He thinks faster than normal people, perhaps three to five times faster.

I like comic book stories of all kinds, and stories generally. I enjoy writing characters that develop over time in a way that makes sense in the context of the plot, and I like stories that are basically serious with occasional light elements for relief. Heavy drama is not usually my thing, but episode five had other plans.

I was first drawn to AEGIS by my son, who also writes a few characters around here.

My favorite food is roasted Brussel Sprouts.

Speaking of which, time for dinner!

Cookies should be kind of tough. Nobody likes cookies that are practically liquid
Like when you leave your cookie package open, in contact with the air... UGH W H Y >~<

LAST CALL FOR STEVEN!
Is your character a vigilante? Do they have a Blue Card (this does require them to be 18 or older)? Even if they just recently graduated from AEGIS Facility 108 with their Blue Card, they are eligible to join STEVEN! They will need to pass a psychological assessment, though, so no Dissociative Identity Disorder paranoid schizophrenics need apply.

But why?
  • Joining STEVEN gives your character a chance to pursue justice without joining CW, which would take considerably more time, put them in a government job, and have more rigorous testing
  • It will be easier to get in missions because Welian can more easily place groups of people into plots (better chance of very meaningful plots?)
  • Easy way to get to know other characters without wandering Baltimore trying to get random interactions
  • Instant integration into the story
  • Better chance of pursuing character subplots because they will have a group to help/assist them
  • Job for your character without trying to come up with one that keeps them in the RP rather than too busy to help the other PCs

Join today if you have anyone eligible and they aren't crazy pants! PM/DM Tyrannosaurus Rekt Tyrannosaurus Rekt today! In Episode 6 STEVEN will be directly pursuing the Knights at their home base. No other groups or characters will be able to do this in Episode 6.

LAST CALL FOR STEVEN!
Is your character a vigilante? Do they have a Blue Card (this does require them to be 18 or older)? Even if they just recently graduated from AEGIS Facility 108 with their Blue Card, they are eligible to join STEVEN! They will need to pass a psychological assessment, though, so no Dissociative Identity Disorder paranoid schizophrenics need apply.

But why?
  • Joining STEVEN gives your character a chance to pursue justice without joining CW, which would take considerably more time, put them in a government job, and have more rigorous testing
  • It will be easier to get in missions because Welian can more easily place groups of people into plots (better chance of very meaningful plots?)
  • Easy way to get to know other characters without wandering Baltimore trying to get random interactions
  • Instant integration into the story
  • Better chance of pursuing character subplots because they will have a group to help/assist them
  • Job for your character without trying to come up with one that keeps them in the RP rather than too busy to help the other PCs

Join today if you have anyone eligible and they aren't crazy pants! PM/DM Tyrannosaurus Rekt Tyrannosaurus Rekt today! In Episode 6 STEVEN will be directly pursuing the Knights at their home base. No other groups or characters will be able to do this in Episode 6.

No DID rules out Kate, but what about Lucas? He’s blind. Can he play? Because I am pretty sure he has a claim under the Americans with Disabilities Act if STEVEN won’t take him. ?

You know, this could be where I could place Sam in ep. 6. She's not much of a superhero type, but she'd be all for getting to use her powers and learning how to better fight others.

Gus Gus - The Americans with Disabilities Act only pertains if there are 15 or more employees and only requires reasonable accommodations. If there was some rule that, say, every STEVEN person must be able to operate a car and that was a work duty you'd be SOL! Sadly some of this stuff has come up at work... I don't think Rekt would necessarily decline based on Lucas being blind, but he doesn't have his blue card- right?

Lioness075 Lioness075 - If Sam now has her blue card, and she's over 18, then you can message Rekt and ask! Charlie is the character that personally hires and fires people on his vigilante team. =)

For an actual intro:
Hey, I'm The J but everyone calls me J. I'm an engineering student IRL, and I game a lot as well as being into climbing, hiking and kayaking.
I'm not actually in the main RP since I dropped out, but my character, Hadrian Alburn (formerly the illegal vigilante Ajax), is still kicking in the mission thread "Ajax and Laz's Bogus Journey" where Hadrian and Gus' character Allen McNabb (AKA Lazarus) get accidentally transported back in time and meet some early homo sapiens.
You'll usually see me in the Discord, getting hounded by Welian to get back into the main RP. I also freely offer any help needed in science and maths work, and if you want to ask about something sciencey/mathsy or even use it for a character, I'm your man.

For an actual intro:
Hey, I'm The J but everyone calls me J. I'm an engineering student IRL, and I game a lot as well as being into climbing, hiking and kayaking.
I'm not actually in the main RP since I dropped out, but my character, Hadrian Alburn (formerly the illegal vigilante Ajax), is still kicking in the mission thread "Ajax and Laz's Bogus Journey" where Hadrian and Gus' character Allen McNabb (AKA Lazarus) get accidentally transported back in time and meet some early homo sapiens.
You'll usually see me in the Discord, getting hounded by Welian to get back into the main RP. I also freely offer any help needed in science and maths work, and if you want to ask about something sciencey/mathsy or even use it for a character, I'm your man.
Lazarus is Bag o Fruit's character, awkward~~ >w<

Gus Gus - The Americans with Disabilities Act only pertains if there are 15 or more employees and only requires reasonable accommodations. If there was some rule that, say, every STEVEN person must be able to operate a car and that was a work duty you'd be SOL! Sadly some of this stuff has come up at work... I don't think Rekt would necessarily decline based on Lucas being blind, but he doesn't have his blue card- right?

Lioness075 Lioness075 - If Sam now has her blue card, and she's over 18, then you can message Rekt and ask! Charlie is the character that personally hires and fires people on his vigilante team. =)

I was just teasing about the ADA. I am not a lawyer, but I figured he'd be on thin ice.

In any case, Lucas has been missing since January 14th incident at the zoo, so he did not graduate.

Furthermore I went back and checked the episode two thread; Lucas told Allen he would turn 18 in 4 months, so even allowing for conversational approximations, he would not quite be 18 as of May 2nd.

I will make it official: Lucas's birthday is May 12th.

Awesome! Even without deciding on an actual birthdate for Sam, she is 18 years old per her CS. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back