• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mansion or Castle?

• Mansion

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Castle

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Please Comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Awesome! The world is still in the process of being built at the moment so any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!
That's alright, I'm more than up to help worldbuild! For instance, has any history been altered by the existence of mythical beings and magic? Are there divine beings like Greek or Egyptian mythology, and if there are, I'm assuming they're more absent?

Great! I was thinking closer to modern, which could also open the possibility of electronics-based abilities, in case anyone wants to go that route.

What about the building itself? I assume it'd be a more old-fashioned place to fit the mythical-ness of our characters, as opposed to a modern-style villa if we go the mansion route?
Also, are lovecraftian-themed characters fair game, as long as they have weaknesses?

That's alright, I'm more than up to help worldbuild! For instance, has any history been altered by the existence of mythical beings and magic? Are there divine beings like Greek or Egyptian mythology, and if there are, I'm assuming they're more absent?
Hmm... Perhaps they have simply lived separately from humans for so long that the human race has either forgotten them or dismissed them as ancient myths?
What about the building itself? I assume it'd be a more old-fashioned place to fit the mythical-ness of our characters, as opposed to a modern-style villa if we go the mansion route?
Also, are lovecraftian-themed characters fair game, as long as they have weaknesses?
Yes, if it ends up being a mansion, it would not be very modern. At least, not the style of the building. There would be some updates to adapt to the changing times. As for characters... As long as they're not invincible, I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to go with any general design you like.

Yes, if it ends up being a mansion, it would not be very modern. At least, not the style of the building. There would be some updates to adapt to the changing times. As for characters... As long as they're not invincible, I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to go with any general design you like.
Good to know~

Also, can we request or design parts of the building? In my opinion it'd be cool to have like, all sorts of secret passages or crawlspace for our characters to use if they need to defend against an attack, or to turn into their living area? Like, maybe the bottom part of the walls are panelled, and some panels can be removed to reveal secret passages or hideouts.

Good to know~

Also, can we request or design parts of the building? In my opinion it'd be cool to have like, all sorts of secret passages or crawlspace for our characters to use if they need to defend against an attack, or to turn into their living area? Like, maybe the bottom part of the walls are panelled, and some panels can be removed to reveal secret passages or hideouts.
Of course! I had intended to have lots of secret passages, anyway. It wouldn't be much of an old mansion/castle without a few of those around! XD

Okay... I think we have enough people now to make a CS page! I'll let you guys know once I finish the outline for it. It shouldn't take long; I'm only going to ask for basics, mostly.

Should hopefully have my character done soon-ish. I've got plenty of ideas in mind, so I just gotta settle on what to go for...

Mansions are a lot of fun, though an option could be to add castle-like features to the mansion, so we get a bit of both worlds? A small wall and perhaps a tower could be added?

Mansions are a lot of fun, though an option could be to add castle-like features to the mansion, so we get a bit of both worlds? A small wall and perhaps a tower could be added?
Yeah, that works! The tower could be where the mysterious owner of the building lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back