• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Loop | OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
So... any big decisions yet?
Sorry for the wait! Computer geek is being held off til later just to let one last person get their thing done since they asked, but once I'm not busy I'll be deciding: party animal, jock, motorhead. So sometime this afternoon for those 3, then snob and computer geek hopefully at latest tomorrow evening

Alright! Looking over apps today, and then will announce who's in. I was trying to get them done earlier today, but unfortunately, got very busy doing work.

i hope you like my boy ollie <3 if i need to change anything about his backstory pls let me knoooww
Ofcofc. I haven't been as active as I wanted to be this week when it came to looking over characters 😔 but hopefully I get up to speed today

gingerwayne gingerwayne LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki GrieveWriter GrieveWriter plague rats plague rats BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Squad141 Squad141 Arai Arai candygore candygore Danidify Danidify cablebelly cablebelly Jewel Jewel smolfluffball smolfluffball cadence cadence lion. lion. (i know you haven't sent your OC yet but I'm involving you in this since I've seen characters you've made before and they were good)

Hey there folks! I've been looking through the sheets, and to be quite honest with you, all of them are good. They're VERY diverse (even characters within the same role), and I didn't really have any issues with any of them. Originally, I was thinking I was just going to straight up accept everyone, but for this sort of RP I think that would be overkill on the number of people. So, I do have a proposal for everyone: since this is, at its core, a scifi story, I was thinking of running two IC threads that would be 'alternate timelines', having half of the people in one 'timeline' and the other half in the other 'timeline'. So everyone would get into the group (🎉) and we don't have a huge number of people in the IC (since there are two).

I've run multiple groups at the same time before, and this would be, all things considered, easier that running two groups that are completely different. Of course I'd have different mysteries for each thread to have them differ, but again that wouldn't be too hard since I already have like 10 of the mysteries planned and its going to take time to even get through one. This is sort of a wack idea which is why I'm asking everyone's opinion before dedicating myself to it, but I personally think it could be fun to bring in the alternate timeline aspect of scifi plus again I liked everyone's characters and I don't really like denying people access to an RP if their characters don't have issues.

Anyway 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️ Let me know your opinions! I'm aware I am crazy but I promise this would probably work. If people are interested, I'll split the characters into two separate groups. If people aren't, I will work on official accepting/denying for a single IC, but that one may take me until tomorrow to finish up as I really need to think on it.

EDIT: to be clear this would be akin to just being two separate groups with the same concept (but different mysteries) and there likely wouldn't be much cross over unless it became a plot point. I would likely keep one OOC just because having two seems excessive but. Yknow.

i'm in support of this idea! it'd be interesting to see how the story plays out for two different groups of characters haha. plus everyone being accepted is always nice. it just would be a lot of work for you but if you have enough mysteries planned it'd probably work out. plus you could just ask people if they had ideas for mysteries or something!

i do think having the same ooc might be kind of difficult, unless there was a way to divide it up between the two different groups or something 🤔

I'd be up for it too, though only if you're comfortable picking up that much work and aren't afraid of burning out! Also, are we planning on using discord? If so, you would be able to set up role-locked channels that only one 'timeline' could see for things like talk about the roleplay etc so it wouldn't be overbearing. (PS: if this does happen could I blis join a timeline with lion. lion. tysm)

gingerwayne gingerwayne LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki GrieveWriter GrieveWriter plague rats plague rats BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Squad141 Squad141 Arai Arai candygore candygore Danidify Danidify cablebelly cablebelly Jewel Jewel smolfluffball smolfluffball cadence cadence lion. lion. (i know you haven't sent your OC yet but I'm involving you in this since I've seen characters you've made before and they were good)

Hey there folks! I've been looking through the sheets, and to be quite honest with you, all of them are good. They're VERY diverse (even characters within the same role), and I didn't really have any issues with any of them. Originally, I was thinking I was just going to straight up accept everyone, but for this sort of RP I think that would be overkill on the number of people. So, I do have a proposal for everyone: since this is, at its core, a scifi story, I was thinking of running two IC threads that would be 'alternate timelines', having half of the people in one 'timeline' and the other half in the other 'timeline'. So everyone would get into the group (🎉) and we don't have a huge number of people in the IC (since there are two).

I've run multiple groups at the same time before, and this would be, all things considered, easier that running two groups that are completely different. Of course I'd have different mysteries for each thread to have them differ, but again that wouldn't be too hard since I already have like 10 of the mysteries planned and its going to take time to even get through one. This is sort of a wack idea which is why I'm asking everyone's opinion before dedicating myself to it, but I personally think it could be fun to bring in the alternate timeline aspect of scifi plus again I liked everyone's characters and I don't really like denying people access to an RP if their characters don't have issues.

Anyway 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️ Let me know your opinions! I'm aware I am crazy but I promise this would probably work. If people are interested, I'll split the characters into two separate groups. If people aren't, I will work on official accepting/denying for a single IC, but that one may take me until tomorrow to finish up as I really need to think on it.

EDIT: to be clear this would be akin to just being two separate groups with the same concept (but different mysteries) and there likely wouldn't be much cross over unless it became a plot point. I would likely keep one OOC just because having two seems excessive but. Yknow.
I'm totally down!

im also down!! i think thats a really creative idea actually

Alright! It seems most people are in favor, then. Those who haven't said whether they're interested yet can still comment when they get on, but I'll work on the task of both splitting the group up into two sections with characters I think will work well with one another as well as making a second character myself so I have one for both timelines since I'm at the reigns B') I'll keep in mind those who said they wanted to be kept in the same timeline together, and since yall are in different roles, it'll work out fine. I can't really see a reason to split you up.

Other than that, we have a few more house cleaning type of things to do before getting started, like posting sheets (which will be after I split up the groups so we can add a section that says what timeline they're in) and editing the lore to split it up into the two-timeline system with the different mysteries (which is, mostly, a me thing. but i like to keep it neat and none of us have perfect memories so when it comes to mystery RPs I like to have a section in the lore thats a recap of what has happened/been found so far, so I'll make tabs so the wires don't cross when it comes to info relevant only to one timeline).

For right now: If people could send to me (either privately or here, depends on what you're comfortable with) a list of triggers/things you're uncomfortable seeing in RPs/things you'd like to avoid in a story, that would be fantastic! I'm running this sort of how I would my TTRPG campaigns, and first and foremost I like to make sure we don't hit on any subjects that'd make the roleplay less fun or hurtful to people. Not that I'm planning to go completely dark in this RP, of course, but I want to be sure we're all having a good time here.

Sorry for about another long message! I'll be less wordy when things are more sorted and settled : )

OH and if you could let me know whether or not you have a discord/if youre open to getting one, that'd also be cool. Not vital in the slightest, since rpn has a OOC area like we are in now, but I'm trying to gauge whether or not to make a chat on discord. I'm holding off just because ofc an ooc should be available to everyone and if some folk don't have it I don't want to have them left out

For right now: If people could send to me (either privately or here, depends on what you're comfortable with) a list of triggers/things you're uncomfortable seeing in RPs/things you'd like to avoid in a story, that would be fantastic! I'm running this sort of how I would my TTRPG campaigns, and first and foremost I like to make sure we don't hit on any subjects that'd make the roleplay less fun or hurtful to people. Not that I'm planning to go completely dark in this RP, of course, but I want to be sure we're all having a good time here.

i seriously doubt the rp will touch on my uncomfortable topics since they're pretty much non-existent in most rps, but cannabalism and eye horror and vore, pretty much anything about humans being eaten by other humans. apart from that i'm open to anything for a story pfff. also im sure you know my preference for ooc - discord! <3

Apart from your sort of standard obvious topics, I'm happy with whatever comes up I think. As for an OOC, discord or RPN is fine by me, whichever the majority prefers!

i don't have very many triggers but extreme descriptions of sel-harm making me queasy

also i have discord, and i'm fine with ooc being on either site: discord or rpn, wherever the majority votes (:
I'm the same way! I am also fine with ooc on either side.

no triggers here, i dont have a discord though (had some bad experiences on there) so i would prefer ooc on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back