• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Sorry for disappearing. Life smothered me for a bit.

Also, the locals are going to hate us. But aren't they silver mines? I know nothing about geology.

Genii Genii , nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams Can Meg summon like, all the ale/whatever other liquids in the bar (that's served, not sealed) and drench Morgana as she falls screaming off the barstool? Or would you prefer it to be a smaller amount?
Yes, don’t worry. There’s plenty more booze lol. Barry might not be too happy, but that’s nothing new. 😂

And yes, it’s an abandoned silver mine. 👍 They might find some if they are blowing stuff up. 😅

I can have the locals supply something for gassing out the tunnels if asked. ☺️

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams : I'm likely going to have Kenai pick up and set down Urzoth (unless someone else wants to). He'd likely smell Pestle. Would you like me to ignore him so he can stay hidden or bring him out?

Hey Genii Genii , I had an unorthodox idea: the Tamers Guild catches and and tames wild creatures, right? Would I be able to play a creature that was being tamed?

Hey Genii Genii , I had an unorthodox idea: the Tamers Guild catches and and tames wild creatures, right? Would I be able to play a creature that was being tamed?
I appreciate your interest, but right now I'm holding off on getting my goons (the Tamer's Guild) too involved with anyone (for the long haul, anyway) for any reason but brief, one off interactions (just popping in to be the occasional nuisance). I've had a few issues with trying to maintain interactions in the long term, and I, personally, want to focus on going further with Genii Genii 's plans involving the Hunter's Guild and its main quests, anyway, before the Tamer's Guild becomes any sort of a real presence and taming/torturing actual, sentient characters.

Maybe it could be a creature they find while out on a hunt?

That’s how Tobais started out. 😅

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo
That's a good point, but what I like about Tobias is that it wasn't something immediately apparent outright, but something that was revealed organically, via conversation with Callan, and I still feel like there's more to learn about him.

If it's something that MrMopp MrMopp really wants to do and intends to follow through with, I'm more than happy to lend an ear to the idea. I just don't wanna spread myself too thin bouncing between my antags and keeping up with all the quests at the same time just for whatever plan we come up with to fizzle out, y'know?

There's also Astrophil Astrophil 's Legion of Lions. Personally, I think they'd be just as (if not more) likely candidates for the "found'em and kept'em" route. ❤️🥰

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm just being difficult and dismissing the idea outright. Planning is fun and everything, but I also want to have fun actually doing the things we plan out! 😂

Last edited:
Okay, I'm doing just fine now and able to focus on the RP. <3 Anything I miss/need to catch up with?
The Arian Silver Mines group has just arrived at the town.
The Darby group is camping for the(ir) evening.
Meg and Morgana are about to begin a quest in the main thread.

Thanks Oli. ☺️

Yes, for the silver mines, the group have just pulled up to the mining town. It’s very quiet and the surrounding area is littered with discarded weapons, broken armour and lots of holes. 👀

The sexy spider lady group (😂) have just stopped in a clearing. It’ll be dark soon, so they should get a fire going and set up camp (or carry on if they dare).

I appreciate your interest, but right now I'm holding off on getting my goons (the Tamer's Guild) too involved with anyone (for the long haul, anyway) for any reason but brief, one off interactions (just popping in to be the occasional nuisance). I've had a few issues with trying to maintain interactions in the long term, and I, personally, want to focus on going further with Genii Genii 's plans involving the Hunter's Guild and its main quests, anyway, before the Tamer's Guild becomes any sort of a real presence and taming/torturing actual, sentient characters.
Eh, it’s ok. I figured you might be too busy to babysit me but I thought I’d ask anyway.

Um, does the Tamers Guild often torture creatures?
If it's something that MrMopp MrMopp really wants to do and intends to follow through with, I'm more than happy to lend an ear to the idea. I just don't wanna spread myself too thin bouncing between my antags and keeping up with all the quests at the same time just for whatever plan we come up with to fizzle out, y'know?
Well, what I want to play is a Coatl, (I expressed a similar idea in the PM) which are giant, feathered, winged snakes from the tropics that are worshiped by the regional people for their wind powers, healing powers, and because crops grow fast an healthy for miles around wherever they roost (consequently, the coatl get spoiled with food and shiny offerings as incentive to stay nearby so now they believe they’re gods, too.) My character would be a young coatl who’s been blown north mid-migration by a hurricane and is now stranded in a land where he’s a monster rather than a god with his wing-feathers too mangled to fly properly .

But yeah, the problem is that I’m not 100% sure this idea will fly and I don’t want to monopolize your game with it only for it to crash.

There's also Astrophil Astrophil 's Legion of Lions. Personally, I think they'd be just as (if not more) likely candidates for the "found'em and kept'em" route. ❤️🥰

Ooh! Astrophil Astrophil , would you be interested in doing that? (What IS the Legion of Lions, though? I followed Oli Beju Oli Beju ‘s link to the member profiles in the lore page, but there’s no info on the organization itself.)
Thanks for the quick bit of info. <3

Would be a shame if a sexy spider lady were to appear. 👀 lol
What have I started.

MrMopp MrMopp

The Legion is a group that varies in skills, with the members using their skills for different purposes. The members are allowed to have different preferences on what kind of jobs they do. You can become a criminal and deal with the shady side, or you can do things earnestly and work in odd jobs. Reks doesn't care what you do as long as you're getting paid.

You can join the group in two ways: have a member vouch for you, or prove your worth first (aka don't get caught or pay a fee).

Well, what I want to play is a Coatl, (I expressed a similar idea in the PM) which are giant, feathered, winged snakes from the tropics that are worshiped by the regional people for their wind powers, healing powers, and because crops grow fast an healthy for miles around wherever they roost (consequently, the coatl get spoiled with food and shiny offerings as incentive to stay nearby so now they believe they’re gods, too.) My character would be a young coatl who’s been blown north mid-migration by a hurricane and is now stranded in a land where he’s a monster rather than a god with his wing-feathers too mangled to fly properly .
I'll say this, that is a lovely idea, and it sounds well thought out. I like that a completely random natural occurrence would be the cause of the Coatl being thrown off course. If after your consideration of the Legion of Lions, you decide you still want to try your luck with the Tamer's Guild, because--

Um, does the Tamers Guild often torture creatures?
-- Yes. Yes they do...

... I'd be more than happy to play out a situation in which they acquire the Coatl and we can have some back and forth involving its time in bondage. A deity like beast (especially a young one) would be a boon to the Tamer's Guild's goals. I play things safe, yes, but I also want everyone putting their time and energy in to have fun, too! <3

Also, if you like, it doesn't have to be immediately brought to the Tamer's Guild either! It could always end up with the Legion first and then end up with the Tamer's Guild later on, if you want!

Genii Genii If none of this sounds like it's stepping on any toes or main plot things, I'm down for going ahead with it. Hbu?

Come on, you're not living if you sleep with a being so bizarre creature now and then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back