• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Meg nodded agreeably. She decided to take the puppet suggestion literally instead of metaphorically. She wondered if it was impossible to trap a soul, or perhaps keep it under control while in a body, but she kept those thoughts off her face. She even managed a smile, “That’s a relief.” Well, the hope at least was honest, which she preferred, but it being unlikely for there to be tortured souls was a plus.

The halfbreed hadn’t even pushed it up to royalty. She knew nobility, but no royal would possibly stay at the small tavern she grew up in. She kept quiet, nodding once more, but realized that as a cleric, Anat was likely outside of the class system. Even nobles needed to cleanse their souls. Still, whether nobility or royalty were the wrong terms, Meg knew those habits were maintained by the power she currently held. And it made sense, an armorer (particularly one that could control anyone wearing their armor) had to be very beneficial for the guild. It was like getting a meal at home compared to eating elsewhere. In-house was always cheaper. And Meg knew nothing about armor, but that suit certainly looked impressive.

Her thoughts zeroed in on Anat again, as she started to speak more about magic itself. It never occurred to her that good magicians would use magical servants. It had seemed like it should be a partnership, like her with water. Though she had forced it to move faster down in that tunnel. “Thank you. I think I understand more” She wondered if she could learn how to do constructs herself. Dropsies was adorable. Meg knew she needed to be practical and learn how to protect herself first. “We should probably head back down to Percival and Ramirez, they’re likely wondering where we are.” Her stomach growled and she blushed, "I could do with some food too."

Percival

Percival carefully put the jar of gems back, as if it might explode if he did it too roughly.

“Thank you Ramirez.” He took the clothes the Hunter offered and got himself dressed. As the Veteran had predicted, the shirt and trousers were much too big, but it was better than nothing.

“The stone in your chest… is this responsible for your great strength?” Percival curiously asked.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Oli Beju Oli Beju

Ramirez sat on his bed making it groan. "Well I've always been strong...by normal standards as before being a hunter I was a farm hand so I did a lot of labour. Then I started hunting, the lan expects you to stay fit and get you doing drills and da like each day. I guess this sorta.... amplified my talents? Magic is pretty weird, lucky I didnt turn into sumit weird or explode." He laughed loudly and clapped his knee. "Are you wantin ta get stronger?"

Genii Genii Oli Beju Oli Beju Lost Echo Lost Echo

Percival

“I suppose I must...” Percival had been training hard back home for the past few months, but clearly nowhere near enough. He wasn’t skinny, but he looked like a twig beside some of the seasoned hunters here.

“-for I have no powers or special abilities.” Maybe that’s what it took to survive as a hunter here? “-but I do have my sword, and I will use it to protect the people of the north… no matter what.” He added with modest conviction.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"Ya dont need special powers, I was a hunter before dees stones. Its just practise, training and learnin." He got up to retrieve a warn tome from his desk, "ere, its a monster guide. Covers most beasties along with methods of fighting em. Half da fight is knowing what ya up against to prepare. Like using silver weapons against the undead." He instructed wagging a finger. "Ya body is gonna be a mix of diet and exercise, so you'll need protein like eggs and meat in most ya meals."

Percival

Percival smiled, reassured by Ramirez’s encouragement. He took the book and sat on the edge of the Veteran’s bed while he looked through it.

It was filled with notes and illustrations of all sorts of beasts, plants and animals that Ramirez had seen on his adventures. “… this is incredible… you’ve hunted all of these?”

“… and cakes? There are eggs in those I do believe.” Percival held back a grin as he continued to look through the hunter’s monster guide.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

The hunter laughed and ruffled Percy's hair. "As a treat, ya dont want too much sugar, dat and cakes arnt too cheap. " he sat by Percy tonwatch him flick through the book "aye, not all are nasty, sometimes ya just gotta find em a better home. Can't have moss drakes stumbling into town, so ya try n relocate em back ta a forest. Slaying stuff willy nilly is just cruel, often theres a different solution...but if theyre man eaters like our scaley fellow then ya gotta put em down.

'The Phantom Armory'.jpgConnor Brazzinford.jpg
Connor Brazzinford - 'The Phantom Armory'

Interactions: Rika ( Oli Beju Oli Beju ) and Pierre ( Maxxob Maxxob )

Before either her or Pierre could say anything else to each other, Connor noticed Rika exit the pool and head for the changing room. She had hoped to talk a bit more about potential armor ideas, though it did leave the two of them alone together to continue chatting/flirting - perhaps even further beyond that given the extra privacy the two could now bask in. However, she noticed Rika peak her head back in to say goodbye.
"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow then." Connor called out to her, before turning her attention back to Pierre. Up close she could appreciate his physique much more closely, gently biting her lip as she felt a sense of desire she hadn't expected bubble up from the depths. Approaching ever closer soon she found herself touching his chest with her soft but firm hands, wrapping one of her arms around his neck as her face was now mere inches away from his. His words seemed to seal the deal, as she chuckled a little at the question he posed. "A little like Dragon's Fire at the moment, with a hint of passion." Connor softly spoke before pressing her lips against his, though only for a brief moment as she pulled herself away. "As much as I'd like to continue this Pierre, it'd be much more... savory, if we took this elsewhere." Connor teased as she then made her way back over to where her armor and towel were, walking up out of the pool and wrapping herself in her towel before walking into the changing room herself. Her hands loosened from the towel as the changing room door closed behind her, nearly dropping it as she sat on one of the benches and began drying herself off. By the time she was dry and dressed once more she was working on braiding her hair into its usual style, walking out of the changing room with her armor off before leaning against the wall by the changing room doors. Her armor continued to her private room without her to set up for a possibly eventful night, her eyes peeled for when Pierre walked back out - intending to invite him to her room. From what she gathered from him after their interaction, he seemed to be what she was looking for in a partner, with the thought of courting him in her head as she wound her hair around one of her fingers.​

Interacting: Meg
Location: going out of bedroom soon towards the guild hall to meet the boys

Anat smiled and nodded seeing she really needed some food. "I can tell, yea lets go plus, we can see the board and this time carefully check it out" clearly not wanting a situation like megs to repeat,and with that, Ana grabbed her book strapping it on her waist and made sure was tight....maybe during a quest she could bring out Quintet, its been a few days and maybe he was itching to come out. But lets see in time, was best not rush it. Pluss she needed to scriber her arm with the needed runes to summon even one. Looking at meg, She wondered. Waiting for her at the doorway Ana spoke "Meg, besides water manipulation, do you have any other skills?" She did hear she was good with calming hectic situations but what else she could do? Ana was not aware she had no education. But by mere sight, ana could sense the magic in her, an untap potential.
Lost Echo Lost Echo

Pierre
Interactions: Connor II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

Rika taking her leave only was registered in the man’s brain when Connor bid her adieu - “Bonsoir” - was all Pierre managed to respond, without turning his head to see the black-haired woman exiting the bathhouse. Seeing the blond-haired woman bite her lips, only drew his attention to it further. In addition, feeling her soft hand on his chest made the fiery desire in his core go ablaze. Maybe the Goddess of Luck had, indeed, a soft spot for him, as only the fencer knew how hard it was for him to keep his composure at that moment. The foreigner wasn’t taken aback when the emerald-eyed woman had shown as to be one to take charge. If anything, it added to how fascinating his perception was of her. The man’s face showed genuine curiosity when she described the taste of her lips. And true enough, even if it only lasted a brief moment, he could ascertain its savor - “A perfect description…” - he whispered when their lips parted. The short kiss, however, left the man wanting for more. ‘Patience’ was the word he struggled to grasp the concept at that moment, but ultimately, managed to do so - “I couldn’t agree more, madmoiselle” - he answered as to leave such a public space.

The man watched her for a bit as she moved towards the mystical armor. Not too long after Connor got out of the pool, he did the same. Standing on the pool’s edge, waited for her to leave the steamy room, watching her with a smile on his lips. His heart was still racing when he made his way to the men’s changing room. In there, Pierre procured a towel, which he used to dry himself off. He did so carefully, taking care of every part of his body. While doing so, the former-guard forcefully slowed his breathing. While changing, the man regained his composure partially. He made sure his clothing items were put back on perfect, as to reproduce exactly how he was before stepping into the bathhouse. When he was almost done, he looked at the last article of clothing lying on a bench: his hat. Pierre had quite a bit of vanity with his appearance and, as such, before putting his hat on his head, his hair was fixed as not to leave his disheveled if he had to take it off. A ritual he performed every time he got dressed. Content with the result, he put on the hat. Turning around, the leather boots hit against the floor with each step the man took. Exiting the men’s changing room, the blonde-haired smith came into his view - “What are your plans, ma chérie?” He couldn’t help, but smile, watching her twirling her hair around her slender fingers.

Connor Brazzinford.jpg
Connor Brazzinford - 'The Phantom Armory'

Interactions: Pierre ( Maxxob Maxxob )

When Pierre emerged from the changing room she approached him a little, before her stomach churned a little bit. While she had chugged the Dragon's Fire Barry had handed her upon completing her quest, she had never gotten the chance to order anything to eat. Perhaps she'd have to remedy that after spending some time alone.
"I was thinking along the lines of heading to my room." Connor suggested as she grabbed his hand, guiding him to where her room was. Each step of hers seemed more eager than the last, though the initial speed she had slowed down to where they were calmly walking down the halls of the dormitories. Every so often she'd glance back and look into his eyes, and something about him resonated with her. By the time they had reached her room she was starting to become a bit more inebriated, opening the door to reveal her bedroom. For the most part it was well organized and more resembled a cottage inn than the room of a veteran guild member, with a desk housing neatly stacked designs and lists sharing one of the corners of the room with a large bookshelf filled with various books. Two couches and a coffee table rested in another corner of the room, with a dedicated bed-frame, box spring, and mattress making up her bed and a nigh stands occupying either side of it - the wall it was against between the remaining two (mostly) empty corners. The room was just big enough to hold everything she realistically needed for herself and for whenever she had company, with a stand for her armor to be hung on alongside a wardrobe filling the space between the door and the one corner of the room. While her armor now hung on the stand on the far side of the room, various candles were now lit up in the room to set the mood - with the particularly pleasing aroma of burning cherry-wood helping her relax and coaxing her desire out of her. The door slowly closed behind them, locking it before sitting down on the bed.

"Now then, where were we..." Connor softly spoke before gesturing for him to sit down next to her, at the ready for the thrill she had barely gotten a taste of at the bath house.​

Percival

“That’s a shame.” Percival was really going to miss the towering silver platters of petit fours back home.

“… moss drakes?” The teen flicked through Ramirez’s book, trying to find the creature.

“But with the wall in disrepair… won’t the monsters simply return?” He asked as the Veteran spoke about relocating the beasts.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

"some will.... others tend to be happier when moved back. But repeat offenders...well..."

Forest_Drake_Ref_small.png

Percival

Percival reached the appropriate page and admired the drawing of the Moss Drake. There was even some indication of the creature’s size, which was huge. “Is that a tree growing from its back?”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Ramirez leant over to look and nodded "Yup, the berries that grow from it can be used to make all sorts of medicines, so theyre often sought after and even traded in the black markets."

Percival

“I must admit, I came here thinking that all the monsters would be dangerous and bloodthirsty… I had no idea some would be peaceable.” Percy said as he flipped through the book. Some of the critters on the pages were harmless according to Ramirez’s notes, cute to look at even.

“Monsters are rarely seen in Renton. Although The King holds a tournament once a year - where heroic knights fight against ferocious beasts from the north.”

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

Me?” Meg looked surprised by the question, then embarrassed by the surprise. Of course, Anat would ask, she was a guild member, and fighting was what she did now. “Well, I used to have a staff--rolling away from the boulder broke it--and I wasn’t bad with that. Otherwise, just little tricks, things I picked up in the tavern.” She laughed, as she put the water back in her skein, closed it, and reattached it to her hip. “Especially the illusion to pickpocket. Not that I could miss it, a sudden glint is always noticeable. I just got better at returning the stolen item without a scene. But when I was little some of the guests would indulge me and teach me something simple, but naught much more than that.” She hopped off the bed, landing gracefully, before turning to follow. “I’m not even that good with water, to be honest. It’s hard to keep more than a few cups together at once.” By which she meant holding it up separate from anything else. Shaking her head, well aware of her inadequacies she added, “The guild says it takes beginners. I was upfront with Beryl.” As she stepped out the door with Anat, she turned the question around, “What of you, what else can you sum--conjure?

Tobias scooped up the snake and petted it... "I might av some jerky .." he rummaged in his pockets offering his a strip of meat.
Hannah (npc)

Hannah curiously watched as Morgana started to dissect pieces from the Leshen. “They are ancient creatures. Some think them to be guardians… protectors of Herne’s forest.”

The Wood Elf cupped her hands together and caught the wriggling root before it could fall off the desk. “Would you mind if I kept this?”

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams
Guild Hall Bar
Pestle inspected the jerky. He'd never eaten anything like this. It vaguely reminded him of meat though, so the snake took it. He hacked and coughed as he tried to swallow it, mouth unhinging in an unholy fashion. The jerky caught in his throat for a moment before finally going down. If Pestle had eyelids he would have blinked thanks to Tobias for the meal.

Infirmary
"I see..." Morgana paused from her cutting for a moment to digest the information. Then she smiled, "oh of course. Take whatever you want Hannah! There's plenty of pieces to go around."

The Halfway Inn

After the group of hunters left, Annie busied herself clearing up all of their mess.

Outside, the boisterous quest group headed off into the woods.
*Doc colmer looked at her then back to where the hunters left....in that moment a slight bit of anger flew over him. he turns his body and walks towards another Exit in order to stalk them*

Pierre
Interaction: Connor II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

The Orlisean man held her hand back, as she took his, accompanying her almost at her side. His eyes were locked on her frame, and every time she looked back at him, Connor found his eyes gazing into hers. It was curious that, despite his experience, the anticipation he felt was palatable. With each step, getting closer to her bedchambers and to where they could resume what they’ve started. His cheeks became, slowly, slightly flushed. It could be imagined that it was the result of a long day of drinking. While it was partially that, there was a culprit and to name her was certainly not needed. There was a minuscule worry in the very back of his mind: if all that development happened when due to the effects of alcohol. He kept his consciousness about it and finally, they had reached her bedroom.

He took his time looking around it, not in a snooping manner, but to get a better idea about the emerald-eyed woman. The bedroom vaguely resembled his own, back at the king’s castle. The organization, however, was the huge difference between the two: his working desk was covered with papers the last time he saw it. The former-guard was not only at the king’s protection, but also ran two counties: one granted by his father, the other granted by the late king. The latter was at the kingdom’s border and, as such, demanded a special care by his part. His personal advisors would bring him many reports, which aided in deciding the questions about his propriety and directly affected the lives of the villagers which lived there. The man always had the suspicion which he would have been conferred the title of margrave, had it not being a second breach of hierarchical rule of law. The first one being had a fief granted directly from the king, going over his father’s authority, a duke, which was Pierre’s direct de facto liege.

Taking in the delicious aroma that filled the room, with a deep breath, he couldn’t help but notice the phantasmagorical armor was now resting upon its stand. Was it that had set up the candles, which burned with a pleasant fragrance? His gaze directed itself towards Connor - “She sure is amazing, in more ways than one”. Taking off his hat and letting it fall on the ground, he approached the now sitting, blond-haired woman. But instead of sitting on her site, the man bent over towards her, keeping his balance with the help of his right hand, supporting his weight on the bed. His face was so close to her that she would be able to hear his breathing - “Allow me to remind you…” - saying so, he approached his lips towards hers, kissing with a fiery passion. His free, left hand, moved onto her chin, holding it gently and caressing it.

Last edited:
Interactions: Meg Lost Echo Lost Echo

Well what a surprise, seem Meg learned through the people in the tavern itself, small knows and hows as time goes on. Besides being a beginner, Ana was right, beryl is accepting straight up beginners. But with such a thing she wonders if they are given training...judging from what Meg said she has no actual combat prowess. It did worry her a bit as to how people of such are sent in to dangerous quest...But the quest are in fact not forced like other jobs, you decide to join so you should be aware of the danger and if you are capable. Maybe Ana could help Meg grasp magic itself, the how more than be very specific, as having smaller knowledge how it all works MIGHT in fact reveal what potential she has. And even Meg said it herself, she was not much of a fighter. "Well seems you know a few things, bit surprised...never thought of you as someone who could Illusion pickpocket" Ana admitted, even if it's for a good cause she was still surprised. Maybe was the fact tavern life, Ana actually only went to taverns twice her life so, maybe she was missing a few things. "You might not be "good" at water as you say but the potential is there Meg, believe me, i can see it. Maybe we should speak with Beryl one day and maybe find someone who will teach you some simple ethics of magic, i can help to" Ana said while smiling over her shoulder as she could see the magic Meg had, Meg clearly seems to have the grasp of it, and she entering possible dangerous quest with little ability was risky. And with a bod Ana could presume as actual friends, she wanted to make sure Meg was prepared in any case. But over everything else, as a cleric, Ana knows the feeling of helping others.

As meg asked about what else she could ""Summon"" as meg was about to say, maybe Ana could give some more details, The caster was a bit uncomfortable actually telling people what she Genuinely did with her spells, the nature might not be evil of malicious, but still made Ana squint at the thought as people could think differently, but she could be vague and give what Meg needed to know. Pondering for maybe 5 seconds Ana answered "Well besides wolfs or imps.....I guess you can say, My spell book is dedicated on me asking help from my family, bring them over to lend me a hand for a little. Maybe i am in danger, my brother can lend me a hand, or my great grandfather. so on." She ponder a bit to explain rather easily "Imagen me opening a door for them to where i am so they may help" She smiled hoping not needing to go in detail. As the reality is, all previous users were sealed in the book in order to help the newest generation and, all of them knew. All aware that they would end up here in the pages and aid the one's after. Even if now they don't retain a 'Human' form

Hannah (npc)

“Thank you Morgana.” Hannah smiled and proceeded to pop the wriggling root onto her shoulder. It burrowed into the fabric of her sleeve before popping back out as a small shoot. “I shall take good care of it.”

One of her patients in the beds started coughing and caught the Elf’s attention. “Do excuse me.” She apologised before leaving Morgana to her work.

nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

______

Callan

Callan gave the rotten snake a disgusted glare as it began choking. “Don’t feed it, it’ll keep coming back…” The Siren was speaking from experience here.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo

_______

The Halfway Inn

“…. so how many do we need?” Colmer would hear the voice of the hunters echoing through the trees as they went about their business.

“As many as we can get. Just don’t look them in the eyes.” Another Hunter answered.

“Why not?” The first hunter asked as they trudged through the muddy woodland.

“They ain’t called Hypnotoads for nothing, Rookie.” Another Hunter said and started to laugh.

Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman

The Halfway Inn

“…. so how many do we need?” Colmer would hear the voice of the hunters echoing through the trees as they went about their business.

“As many as we can get. Just don’t look them in the eyes.” Another Hunter answered.

“Why not?” The first hunter asked as they trudged through the muddy woodland.

“They ain’t called Hypnotoads for nothing, rookie.” Another Hunter said and started to laugh.

Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman
*Colmer had been intrigued by this. he studied hypnotoads before and once fallen under the hypnosis of one but adapted to it. he had a plan and had to be quick and quiet about it...he jumped from tree to tree being sure to keep quiet and make little noises and if he did he thinks the hunters would brush it off as another creature nearby*

Genii Genii

*Colmer had reached where he predicted where the hunters would be and started setting traps for them. he had a assortment of things to his disposable, from simple tripwires to even mimics. but he choose to stay simple setting up beartraps, tripwires, and even went as far as to tipping a few sharp points on tree's and leaves with a virus that slowly made bone easier to break*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back