• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guild Stone ((Old OOC))

Sylph Sylph I have a idea for a mission that is actually related to one of the other missions, the Iron-Rank one more medical supplies in a war? My idea for it is

That the enemy has taken over a vital fortress, that is used often. The people who fled the fort seemed to have gone insane, and kept blabbering on about "Demons" and "Nightmares" The people who used to have the fort hire the Hero(s) to liberate the fort back to them, but the enemy isn't the one who has captured it, they just assume so. In reality, a twisted creature called a Night-Walker has taken control of the fort, and is very dangerous, with it being ranked a Platinum to Iridium type monster, with it being able to cast powerful illusion that trap the user in their worst nightmare, and summon shadow-beasts

This mission will be a Silver-Rank, and anyone can join it.

Last edited:
Just so you guys know, I'm not gonna go easy on ya with these enemies! Success will be determined with smart thinking, post effort, etc.
For combat, try not to perform too many actions in one post, and make sure to wait for a response from me when using a big attack on an enemy.
Hopefully it'll be fun! Lemme know if there's any issues. Zef The Owl Zef The Owl Ace Cream Ace Cream @Tapfic

Just so you know, I'm not gonna fight optimally. Regil was just some newbie bronze they threw into this mess, so I fully expect things to go crappy for him due to inexperience. It doesn't make sense to write him as perfect, awesome assassin boi.

If no one mentions me today I'll just move on and inform to the guild I'm taking the coppers on a quest of their choice (iron and below)

Welp, way back when I did 3.5.

Now adays, currently I'm running a 5th edition game. Though I admit I took heavy inspiration from The Unexpectables so it's a bit silly of a campaign.
Oh sweet! My favorite system is pathfinder which is like 3.5!

While I like 3.5, I prefer 5th edition, and I admit it's because it's more streamlined, dumbed down and a bit harder to break.

I had a friend who was just... An obnoxious power gamer in 3.5.

We're talking like, had a 1st level wizard that could legally cast 9th level spells.
Or played a Warforged Psion with like 30 AC.
Or Actually made the infamous Pun Pun build.

Which really none of that should have been allowed, but being new to DND at the time I didn't know what to look out for.

While I like 3.5, I prefer 5th edition, and I admit it's because it's more streamlined, dumbed down and a bit harder to break.

I had a friend who was just... An obnoxious power gamer in 3.5.

We're talking like, had a 1st level wizard that could legally cast 9th level spells.
Or played a Warforged Psion with like 30 AC.
Or Actually made the infamous Pun Pun build.

Which really none of that should have been allowed, but being new to DND at the time I didn't know what to look out for.
Ah that's unfortunate. I just like it because of the freedom to make cool builds like a fear based character or a mech driver, which you can't really do in 5e.

Apple also won't fight optimally. She's a beast in a forest but is only a girl with flaming stick in a cold stronghold.

Ah that's unfortunate. I just like it because of the freedom to make cool builds like a fear based character or a mech driver, which you can't really do in 5e.
Yeah, I have no doubt I'd like it better if I didn't have players that had abused that previously and soured my view on it.

I guess I also have to keep in mind I'm a DM much more then I get to be a player, and it's a hell of a lot easier to balance encounters around 5e as the classes are more restricted and there's less crazy stuff to look out for.

I don't have to be concerned about someone like, doing magic shenanigans to break my entire game's economy. Or number crunching out some weird build that can kill a Tarrasque at level 1. I can just calculate for EXP, make an encounter, and then get to fluffing it up and making it interesting and story rich.

Yeah, I have no doubt I'd like it better if I didn't have players that had abused that previously and soured my view on it.

I guess I also have to keep in mind I'm a DM much more then I get to be a player, and it's a hell of a lot easier to balance encounters around 5e as the classes are more restricted and there's less crazy stuff to look out for.

I don't have to be concerned about someone like, doing magic shenanigans to break my entire game's economy. Or number crunching out some weird build that can kill a Tarrasque at level 1. I can just calculate for EXP, make an encounter, and then get to fluffing it up and making it interesting and story rich.
That's fair, I can't blame you since I used to power game pretty bad until I realized how boring it was. Now I'm just in it for the fun when playing pathfinder, because where else can you play a psionic character based around electronic music from their attacks.

If you want i would have no problem to let Ivar go with you.
I sent him over your way (and any other copper's) since that mission is far above what a copper should be going on (in my character's opinion), and it gives people with copper's who don't want to risk their lives too much something to do (also an opportunity to introduce new coppers who have yet to post IC)

I sent him over your way (and any other copper's) since that mission is far above what a copper should be going on (in my character's opinion), and it gives people with copper's who don't want to risk their lives too much something to do (also an opportunity to introduce new coppers who have yet to post IC)
Then i shall let Ivar go with Titus then. Will start on the post when i get home.

Sylph Sylph Having Pri with the group would be great. I should also clarify that the Krilgox mountain and the Forest of Stagnant Mists are separate regions, they're just close to each other as the forest spans South and Northwest of the mountain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back