• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
“Ahh…” Aislinn finally understood when Alastair elucidated for her.

Merlin, he almost startled me with that joke, all for presenting the communication pins for a job. I am going to make sure to give him a good joke one day hehehe… She took the box to take a closer look at the pins. Cherry blossom tree?... Oh, I might find the pure cherry blossom water in Japan, how convenient that I am going there... She picked up one and hold it between her thumb and forefinger. Subtle but eye-catching... well, I can pretend it to be my engagement pin hehe since Alastair made it to a proposal… She could not help but blush at her own thoughts as she put the pin back in the box and returned it to him whilst he was explaining for her.

“Thank you, dear," She smiled when he had finished speaking. "Well, your memories told me a good deal what kind of job it is." After killing and slaughtering Luna's enemies, this kind of job was nothing at all. Aislinn did not mind it. “Beside the job itself, of course I'd like to know more about the company, please.”

"Very well. Here is a paper I have written for myself in the past, reminding me of the purpose of each floor. I no longer need it, having memorized everything, but I believe it will be useful to you now. " He said, handing Aislynn a folded piece of paper from his pocket.

It appeared to have been folded and opened many times, and a few alterations made for each note. .

The agency building has thirteen floors, each meant for a different purpose. To the extent of my knowledge, here are the following descriptions, with the exception of floor B1, which is the only underground floor, handling mysterious things to which no one but the Director knows.

Here the side-note said: And his secretary, Miss Rei Tachibana.

Thirteenth Floor

The Director works here, ensuring that all goes well.

Twelfth Floor

Important conferences and smaller meetings are held here. Most decisions about political cases are decided here, and regular agents are prohibited from entering normally unless invited.

Eleventh and Tenth Floor

The eleventh floor takes incoming reports and calls from the other offices abroad, compiling them into reports, and of course obtaining permission to proceed with the missions from the Director. The tenth floor assigns agents to hunt down the villains based on their skill set. If more than one agent fits the necessary skill set, the agents must duel settle amongst themselves for the final decision. Once the agents are chosen for a specific assignment, they must always confirm their actions with an assigned partner from the tenth floor.* You must ask for confirmation on all mission plans or issues until the mission is complete.

The Ninth floor

This is where agents are advised to call in for backup should plans go wrong. In extreme cases, the Director is asked for advice from workers on the ninth floor, but it is very seldom.

The Eighth and Seventh floor

All sorts of supplies; cars and other transportation, stealth gadgets, spare wands and other useful things are made. They are handed out upon request, and only very special items require permission from your assistant on the tenth floor. The seventh floor is where these supplies are made and tested for flaws before being sent to the eighth floor.

The Sixth Floor

After completing a mission, agents must first report to this floor, as this is where the evidence is cleaned. The workers here are called Erasers, as they ensure that no traces are left that could lead any outside investigators to the agency. After reporting here, you must then report to the tenth floor.

The Fifth Floor

New recruits are interviewed on this floor.

The Fourth and Third Floor

The fourth and third floors are used for training agents. There are tutors who help with different kinds of magic, from defensive to stealth magic. Unlike other agencies, Dark Magic is encouraged.

The Second Floor

The second floor is where all the files are kept, from agent files to case files. You must obtain permission to visit this floor, unless you are a level 5 agent or higher**.

The First Floor

This is where partners are assigned and coffee breaks are taken. It is also where you may pick up your monthly pay-check.

*When going on a mission, one must have three partners: one in the field, and two who remain at the agency. One agency partner comes from the tenth floor, which you must constantly update on the status of your mission. The second partner comes from the ninth floor, and should only be contacted should things go wrong.

**Agents are given a level based on their skill set, based on their skills. It can range from Novice, which is level 1, to Professional, which is level 7. If you are of level 6 or higher, a partner in the field is not necessary; it becomes optional.

Last edited:
"Oh, thank you," Aislinn was slightly surprised because she had not expected that Alastair would give her full information on paper. She was grateful for this valuable information.

She unfolded the paper and skimmed through the text once, her usual habit of reading, only to register the number of floors and some keywords for every floor. She knew she would learn the content of the paper by heart by using it diligently.

"Interesting," She said as she folded the paper. "I have no doubt that you are of level 7, aren't you? If they put me below level 6, is it enough that I am your partner, or will they give us a partner in field?"

"You will have to start where they deem necessary after taking the test, and gradually work your way up from there. Allow me to inform you that no one in all of the company's history has began at any higher than level five. And yes, I am a level seven." Alastair answered modestly. "You will be my partner when you begin. You can do missions with other partners if you wish, but you will be the one leading the missions. That is after you have done some missions with me, of course. " Alastair explained.

"We're nearly there." he said, checking his watch again.

"Have you ever tried Sushi before?" Alastair asked after a minute of thinking.

"Ah, I understand..." Aislinn replied thoughtfully. He answered more than I asked about. I already knew that I would start at lower level. If I have understood him right, we won't have a third partner in the field. But I leading the missions so soon? He must have high expectations of me.... well, I will just do my best...

"We're nearly there." Alastair said, checking his watch again. "Have you ever tried Sushi before?"

"Sushi? No, I do not think so, what is it?" Aislinn smiled, looking at him with bewilderment.

Alastair smiled, a subtle flash of excitement entering his eyes before he explained. "Sushi is a Japanese delicacy, made from seaweed filled with rice and raw seafood. Upon explanation, most people think it odd for people to eat raw fish, but if you try it with an open mind, it is quite delicious." It is, in fact, one of my favorites...I do hope she likes it.

Soon, the carriage landed on a tall rooftop, and Raven opened the door for them. "Pleasant ride?" she asked, more to Aislynn than to Alastair.

After leaving the carriage, Alastair offered Aislynn his arm. Together, they walked to the edge of the building, taking in the beautiful view.

castillo-de-osaka-japon.jpg%3Cbr%3E

"Welcome to Osaka. Nearly all of this city is populated by magical people, making it the perfect place to have a magical agency. It is a large port city and commercial center on the Japanese island of Honshu. It has wonderful food and there is always some sort of show or concert going on." Alastair explained. The Wizarding area's streets are lined with cherry trees... "We will apparate to ground level before driving to our destination, since apparition is prohibited outside the building. " he said once they had admired the scenery for a minute or two.

Aislinn tried to imagine the Japanese delicacy as Alastair described it for her. Rice, seaweed and raw fish? It sounds so odd indeed... Aislinn thought as she imagined a plate with a mixture of white rice and dark green grass where a raw whole fish with flesh, bone and skin was placed upon. She frowned. I wonder if it is really delicious as he describes it...

"Pleasant ride?" Raven asked when she opened the carriage door as soon as they had landed on a tall rooftop.

"Yes, thank you, and it was quicker than I expected," Aislinn replied. I wonder how far Japan is from England that it must have taken such short time to travel. It took much longer time to travel to Venice. Perhaps Japan must be located closer to England than Venice does...but oh is it already night here? She was confused over the different lights. When she had left England it had been afternoon, but it was not afternoon in Japan. Did we travel through the time as well?

She took Alastair's arm and walked with him to the edge of the building. The view was breathtaking.

"Welcome to Osaka. Nearly all of this city is populated by magical people, making it the perfect place to have a magical agency. It is a large port city and commercial center on the Japanese island of Honshu. It has wonderful food and there is always some sort of show or concert going on." he explained.

"Oh...." Aislinn was so impressed that her jaw drop. The pink trees covering the ground. The tall enlightened buildings that were so tall that they reached to the sky. The grand river, glittering so dark and divided into two parts, flowed through the city. She also noticed a different looking building. While most of the buildings had straight roofs, this one had multiple eaves. She was so absorbed by the view over the city that she did not notice that she was staring with an open mouth.

"We will apparate to ground level before driving to our destination, since apparition is prohibited outside the building. " he said once they had admired the scenery for a minute or two.

"Alright...." She had to force herself to turn away from the distracting view to be able to focus on apparition.

"I will lead." Alastair informed before they disappeared, re-appearing in the alley he had used this morning. One invisibility charm and enlarging charm later, they stood in front of the car. Alastair opened her door for her, and then entered himself. "Music?" he offered, gesturing to the button.

“Sure,” Aislinn nodded excitingly as she made herself comfortable in her seat. She hoped that Alastair would put on some screamy rock music instead for the violin music which he had played when he had given Valetta a ride.

There is a lot of things I would like to ask Alastair about, but I don’t want to tire him with my many questions about Japan. So, when I am back in England, I am going to make some good research on Japan. About the location, the food, the culture, the people, the fashion, the language…I have a feeling that Alastair love this country besides surprises, so I am going to surprise him indeed…

221f2865ea3d740f742b8441747147ed.png

It was a beautiful afternoon at Hogwarts. All the professors, but two, had been gathering in the staff room for a meeting. Elias noticed that both miss Adela Dolohov and miss Crystal Thorne were absent.

I have full understanding why miss Thorne is not here, since she has a second work beside being professor in History of Magic. But miss Dolohov? For what reason is she absent today…? He thought for himself, but he did not mention anything to the others. Instead he began the staff meeting as usual as if no one was absent at all.

“…beside the final examinations which we have prepared, we also need to plan the graduation ball for the seventh-year pupils, which is the reason to why we all have gathered here today. The truth is that I actually have tried my best to plan everything in beforehand because I first thought it was not deemed necessary to involve you all with it. But unfortunately, I encountered a problem during my efforts. The problem is that every magician music band has declined the offer to play music for the pupils at their graduation ball. The reason they all have declined is because of us. No matter how nice we treat the pupils or how good teaching we provide them with, we are still known as the new generation of death eaters. With that being said, I have a solution to what we are going to do to give the most memorable and exciting graduation ball to the graduating pupils-“

“You are not going to ask any muggle music band, are you?”

“Merlin’s beard Lachlan, of course I won’t. That would-be violation of the International Statute of Secrecy. We can never have muggles flouncing around here. We are going to use our skills-“

“No, you do not mean that we are going to play music, do you? You must be kidding-“

“No, I am rather being serious, and I mean it, Lloyd, and please do not interrupt me again. I only ask you who know to play an instrument…”

I wish I could have asked Luna about this matter, but since we have broken up we have neither spoken to nor have we seen each other…

b7d60af0d5be2d30066b0694d863ecb9.gif

Adela was taking a stroll in the Diagon Alley, after having her hair done in the hair parlor. It was not a great change to her hair, because she had only the ends of her waist-long dark-brown hair cut, so it basically looked the same. She had forgotten that the professors had a staff meeting and went to the ice cream parlor to buy some vanilla ice cream. She suddenly walked into someone because she was distracted by her own daydreams. That someone pushed her backwards but kept her on a half arm-length distance by holding her shoulders. Adela looked up in surprise and her eyes widened as she recognized who she had walked into by mistake. A tall pale gaunt man with black eyes and black hair looked annoyingly down at her.

“Can’t you watch your steps….” He hissed first but then his facial expression smothered out and he looked at her as if she was someone he knew.

“I remember you,” He smirked. “Friend of Aislinn, it was you who led me to the delicious meal three days ago, wasn’t you?”

Huh…. friend of Aislinn? I cannot remember that I ever have been friends with miss Monroe, nor can I recall that she has ever introduced me as her friend to her vampire companion….I only remember that I was trying to speak to him, but he seemed to ignore me at the dark Mistress’ party three days ago… Adela thought confused.

“Yes, it was me...” She replied. “It was at the party which the dark Mistress hosted three days ago…”

“The dark mistress? Who is that?”

“Miss Luna Lestrange-“

“Ahh you mean Aislinn’s friend...”

Huh… Aislinn’s friend? I am not getting any smarter… he must be either a dunce or I must have missed something before…

“Well, it is nice to meet you,” he smiled and took Adela’s hand to shook it. “Care to take a drink with me this lovely afternoon?”

I am actually carving for ice cream……well I’ll just tell him that I want ice cream instead…

“That would be nice, thank you…” Adela replied modestly.

“Sure,” Aislinn nodded excitingly.

Alastair smiled a devious smirk before pressing the button and taking off, driving in his usual fashion. The music blared through the car, making for an even more exciting ride than it already was.

When the song finished, Alastair parallel parked in perfect sync. He laughed excitedly as he got out and opened the door for Aislynn, offering her first his hand then his arm. "Did you enjoy that?" he asked happily as he shrunk the car.

They entered the building, and the receptionist greeted Alastair in Japanese. Alastair replied elegantly, waving briefly to her before they entered the elevator. Alastair pressed the button for the fifth floor. "There is no need to be nervous." Alastair assured her, taking her hand when the doors opened. They walked over to a professionally-dressed Japanese woman who was speaking to a group of eager-looking rookies very quickly.

"Estereshimas, Shiro-Sama.(Excuse me, Ms. Shiro.)" Alastair said politely.

"Konbawa, DiVilliers-Sama.(Good evening, Mr. DiVilliers.)" Ms. Shiro replied, turning to him.

"Sudeni yoru no jikan.(It's already night time.)" Alastair said, gesturing to the darkened window outside.

"Gomenasai...Anata no atarashī pātonā?(Sorry...Is this your new partner?)" she asked, eyeing Aislynn.

"Sodess ne. . . Kore wa Aislynn Monroe. (Correct...this is Aislynn Monroe)" Alastair said, gesturing to Aislynn proudly.

"Mochiron-des. . . Intabyū o kaishi shiyou. (Of course...let's begin the interview.)" Ms. Shiro said, bowing her head formally and gesturing to the nearest table, where three chairs were set up.

"Kanojo wa nihongo o hanasemasu ka? (Can she speak any Japanese?)"Ms. Shiro asked once they were seated.

"Iiye...Watashi wa hon'yaku shimasu. (No...I will translate.)" Alastair explained.

They began a series of questions, which Ms. Shiro asked while eyeing Aislynn, and Alastair translated.

"Have you had any experience working in the field prior to this?"
"Do you have any sort of criminal record?"
"Do you know any wandless magic?"
"Are you capable of doing any spells that others you know have trouble with?"
"Are there any spells that you have trouble with, yet others find easy?"
"How long have you known Mr. DiVilliers?"
"What is your reason for coming to work for this agency?"
"Are you of pure Wizarding blood? Could you give me your full name?"
"Do you have any prejudices which may hinder your performance in the field? Racism, or prejudice against non-magical people? "
"Do you have any medical problems?"
"Lastly, do you have any enemies this agency should worry about?"

“It was exciting as always,” Aislinn laughed as she took Alastair’s hand and then his arm.

She stared with wide eyes all around her to take in the view of everything as they entered a building. She tried to catch up the foreign words the receptionist greeted Alastair in Japanese.
Kon…. kon…? what did she just say?

"There is no need to be nervous." Alastair assured her, taking her hand when the doors to the elevator opened.

“I know, when I have you with me, there’s no reason to be nervous,” Aislinn laughed though she was feeling both excited and nervous at the same time.

When they arrived at the fifth floor, they walked over to a professionally-dressed Japanese woman who was speaking to a group of eager-looking rookies very quickly. Alastair started to speak to the Japanese woman and for Aislinn, the conversation in Japanese seemed to proceed to fast. She blinked twice as she heard the foreign language. It sounds like they are singing... She thought half amused. Sama?......wait Alastair just introduced me, I heard he mention my name….

They sat down at the nearest table and the interview began. The Japanese woman started to ask questions which Alastair translated to Aislinn. So this woman must be miss... ehh... miss...Merlin, I forget her name...I can only remember her as the woman who hates her name...

“I have experience as a spy from a different field...” Aislinn replied to the first question, wondering if her previous experience from the past ever counted.

Criminal record...? My parents were death eaters... but I have never been imprisoned in Azkaban, no... “No.”

Wandless magic...Merlin’s beard, is that a requirement... “I know apparition and how to disappear and appear in smoke…” Aislinn replied, hoping halfheartedly that it would suffice. These are the things I can do without my wand...

The two next questions were easy to her relief. “Yes, I am.” “No, I do not have any trouble with any spell, and I find them all equally simple to perform...” As long as I use my wand, none of the spells I know are difficult to use...

“Six days….” She made a mental count. It was six days ago since I came back home from Transylvania, six days ago since I met Alastair the first time. That was our first day. On our second day, we dined together after I had taught a good lesson to Robert. The third day we danced, on the fourth we went to Venice, and on the fifth we had an exciting shopping day in town…today makes the sixth day...

Reason?...Merlin’s beard, that is very difficult…my reason is that I need money, but that is not a good reason to mention…. that would only sound wrong if I did… oh what did Alastair tell me before we came here…? Of course, now I remember…

“To bring peace to this world by saving our future children.” She replied modestly, hoping that she had said the right thing.

At the next question, she could not help but look at Alastair with a -I am not pure blood witch- face before she replied:

“Well, my mother was a pure blood witch. She was an offspring of Salazar Slytherin. Her maiden name was Gaunt.” Aislinn wondered for a second if this Japanese agency was going to trace down her family names. “As for my father, he was a dhampir. It is because my grandfather, Richard Monroe, who was a pureblood wizard, married a vampire. Thus, my blood consists of 75 percent wizard blood while 25 percent is vampire blood. My full name is Aislinn Monroe…” Aislinn was paler than a ghost now.

“No, I do not have any prejudices against anyone, may be magical or nonmagical…” Well against Sherwood yes...… for me he was always the annoying fifthly mud-blood because he was a muggle-born… I do not care about muggles, but I won’t torment a muggle because he or she happen to be a muggle...

“No, I am healthy and strong...”

“No, I do not have any enemies…”
As far as I know, I have no idea what happened with Aaron Glass, Luna might have taken a good care of him. And Valetta and Sheila, I have a feeling that they cannot do anything anymore…

"Keko. Anata no shōjiki o arigatō.(Very well. Thank you for your honesty.)" Ms. Shiro said, reviewing her notes one final time.

"Ms. Shiro thanks you for your honesty." Alastair translated for Aislynn. "That was a wise decision on your part." he praised.

"Mo itsu no shitsumon...wasureteta.(One more question...I forgot.)" Ms. Shiro said, sighing softly. "Koko ni iru hontō no riyū wa nanidesu ka?" Her expression had become very serious as she eyes Aislynn unblinkingly.

Alastair sighed, a nervous glint in his eyes before he translated. "Ms. Shiro wishes to know the true reason you wish to work here."

It was a lovely night at Hogwarts. The clinking of silverware and the hearty aroma of the great hall were just as normal as any other night. Except for the fact that Luna sat at the head of the professors table, having been there from the start of the feast. No one had seen her enter, and if she had been in close proximity to Elias she hadn't seemed to see him.

"Good evening, everyone."Luna had said. "I have only one request for the night; I ask that all students hoping to graduate, please remain seated after the feast is over, as I wish to have a word with you. " Then, addressing the teachers at her side, she said "I'd like all of you to remain as well."

Nothing else had been said as she ate, her manner silent and formal, yet never cold. Not long after, she had what she wanted. She stood up to address the graduating students and the teachers all at once, speaking calmly. "I am certain that everyone here has been anticipating the graduation ball, correct?" Luna asked.

A general mumble of agreement later, she continued.

"As have I. A question for you all; Have you enjoyed your time here after we began teaching at this school?" Luna asked, gesturing first to the teachers behind her then to herself as she tried to imply 'death eaters' without using the term.

"Ms. Shiro thanks you for your honesty." Alastair translated for Aislinn. "That was a wise decision on your part." he praised.

Aislinn smiled, feeling relieved that the first interview was over and that it had been positive. I would never fail to please Alastair...

"Mo itsu no shitsumon...wasureteta." Ms. Shiro said, sighing softly. "Koko ni iru hontō no riyū wa nanidesu ka?"

Alastair sighed, a nervous glint in his eyes before he translated. "Ms. Shiro wishes to know the true reason you wish to work here."

Aislinn met Ms. Shiro's serious glaze calmly without dodging it. So, this woman can see through me, can't she?... very well then… I guess I have no other choice…

"I need to provide myself financial support of course," Aislinn replied modestly, hoping that it did not sound as condescending as she thought. "Though I choose this agency in particular, because I have high interest in the kind of job you offer. Mr. DiVilliers already told me good enough about the agency and the job for me to make the decision to apply for a job"

b7d60af0d5be2d30066b0694d863ecb9.gif

"I would like to have some vanilla ice cream as well," Adela announced when she was sitting at the Black Cobweb pub in Knockturn Alley. The barmaid, who had placed a goblet of wine in front of her and another goblet, with content Adela highly suspected was blood, in front of the vampire, only shrugged and replied that they did not offer any ice cream at the pub.

Well, I guess I'll buy some ice cream when I am done here... She thought as she sipped her wine.

"May I know the name of my fellow companion who has been so nice inviting me for a drink on this beautiful afternoon?" She smiled friendly towards the vampire who sat in front of her.

"I am Vincent D'Arcy and you are?"

"Miss Adela Dolohov..."

A silence followed and it seemed that they both did not know what to speak about until Adela gathered courage and asked Vincent something she had been curious about:

"Are you a close friend to miss Monroe?"

"Not really, Aislinn is my second cousin…"

MERLIN!!! Miss Monroe is related to a vampire? Second cousin indeed.... it must mean that their parents are cousins.... She could either be a part vampire or a dhampir...

When the tables were set for dinner in the Great Hall, Adela had come back from her adventure in town.

"Where have you been at?!" Faeryn caught up with Adela as soon as their paths crossed during the entrance to the Great Hall.

"Uhm..." Adela was unsure how to tell her friend about her day in Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley, when they both and including all the professors noticed a familiar face at their table. They were all surprised to see her. Even if it only had passed three days since they have seen her, they did not expect her at Hogwarts since she had not been here since the last classes had been held. All the professors bowed to the dark mistress, to greet her before they took their seats at the table. Elias just gave a slightly nod with his head and took a seat at the far end of the table to distance himself from her. He had stopped wearing his brooch since her last party and had since then shrouded himself with sorrow in the aftermath as if he had forgotten how to smile.

"Good evening, everyone." Luna had said. "I have only one request for the night; I ask that all students hoping to graduate, please remain seated after the feast is over, as I wish to have a word with you." Then, addressing the teachers at her side, she said "I'd like all of you to remain as well."

Elias only shrugged as if he did not care what she wanted. He picked his food in silence whilst the other professors chatted softly.

When the dinner soon was over and all the students but the seventh years had left the Great Hall, Luna stood up to address the graduating students and the teachers all at once, speaking calmly.

"I am certain that everyone here has been anticipating the graduation ball, correct?" Luna asked.

A general mumble of agreement later, she continued.

"As have I. A question for you all; Have you enjoyed your time here after we began teaching at this school?" Luna asked, gesturing first to the teachers behind her then to herself.

Miss Taylor, a Gryffindor student stood up and spoke:

"I have been quite satisfied and pleased which I did not expect to be since the day you all took over our school. I hope I won't be disappointed with the final examinations and my results and grades after I have done them. Actually, I have anticipated the coming exams, which starts tomorrow, more than the graduation ball itself."

"Hey I think we have the best professors ever!" Lily burst out with a grin as she stood up. She pressed all her fingers against her lips and blew away a kiss towards the professors.

Miss Taylor only looked at her with disdain and sat down. She had had enough of all the detentions which she had served together with Lily at professor F. Pyrites' office because of their quarrels. Thus she swallowed her pride and let Lily have the glory.

"I need to provide myself financial support of course," Aislinn replied. "Though I choose this agency in particular, because I have high interest in the kind of job you offer. Mr. DiVilliers already told me good enough about the agency and the job for me to make the decision to apply for a job"

"Very well." Alastair said, translating all of that into Japanese.

When he finished, Ms. Shiro seemed satisfied. "Arigato. Koko de owarimashita. (Thank you. We are done here)." she said, standing with an air of finality and satisfaction. "Kantoku wa anata ni kitai shite imasu. Sayonara. (The Director is expecting you. Goodbye.)"

"It is time to see the Director, now." Alastair said to Aislynn, offering her his arm once again.

They made their way to the elevator, and entered. Alastair pressed the button for the thirteenth floor, and they were off.

"The Japanese that work here are very observant, and pay attention to fine detail; most of them have impeccable memories. In this case, Ms. Shiro knew you were lying because she remembered that my answer had been nearly the same as yours." Alastair explained, referencing the last question that had given them a bit of trouble.

"We are here. As I said before-" Alastair said as the elevator doors opened "-I must leave you for this part. Good luck." he said before the elevator doors closed, separating them.

The Director's office was unmistakable, even for someone who did not read Japanese; a large door with a silver plaque lay straight ahead.

When Aislynn entered, the Director's secretary opened the door politely, gesturing for her to enter. "Konbanwa, Monroe-Sama."(Good evening, Ms. Monroe.)" she greeted.

"Watashitachi o sara sete kudasai. (Leave us, please.)" The Director said, addressing the secretary, who nodded wordlessly and left the room, closing the door. "Good evening, Ms. Monroe." he said, his accent slight yet his mannerisms elegantly formal. "I assume you are the Ms. Monroe Mr. DiVilliers has spoken so highly of?" he asked, folding his hands on top of his desk.

"Please be seated, then." he gestured to a chair in front of his desk. "Tell me-" he said when she had been seated "-has he told you about the surprise test I would be giving you?" Before she could reply, he had raised his hand casually, and the folded piece of paper Alastair had given her had flown from her pocket to his hand. "Information given prior to coming here..." he sighed, reading through the paper thoroughly in a matter of seconds "...However am I going to test you, now?" He stood up, his face difficult to read, and placed a sealed envelope on the table. "Open it." he said quietly, his eyes not leaving hers the entire time.

Inside were several sheets of paper money, which added up to, if converted, fifty thousand galleons. "Fifty thousand galleons." he explained. "In Yen. Take it, and leave here without speaking to Alastair. I will inform him that you have failed my test, and that he must choose another partner. Good night, Ms. Monroe." he said finally, turning away, and sitting at his desk. He picked up a piece of paperwork from his desk, reading it as if she was no longer there.

When the two students stood up, Luna's face was emotionless as she listened to their words.

"Thank you very much, but you are not children; please sit down." Luna said calmly, eyeing Lily. She wasn't scorning her, just advising her.

"I regret to inform you all that there are people who do not share your sunny dispositions." She sighed. "We cannot get a single band to perform at the graduation ball. Henceforth, I have devised a plan, consisting of two parts. For the first part, I will ask you all to vote on which band you would have wanted to have perform at this celebratory occasion. Silently, please." she added, eyeing the first student who looked as if they were about to stand. "Write your names and preferences on a slip of parchment-" to each student flew a neatly-cut slip and a pre-inked quill. "-and I shall take them into account."

"The Japanese that work here are very observant and pay attention to fine detail; most of them have impeccable memories. In this case, Ms. Shiro knew you were lying because she remembered that my answer had been nearly the same as yours." Alastair explained, referencing the last question that had given them a bit of trouble.

"Oh... I am so sorry about it, I shall not repeat my mistake…" Aislinn replied, still a little pale after the interview. Merlin's beard, the Japanese people almost scare me...

"We are here. As I said before-" Alastair said as the elevator doors opened "-I must leave you for this part. Good luck." he said before the elevator doors closed, separating them.

"Thank you," Aislinn smiled. She turned away from the elevator and looked around. It was then when she understood that she only had her wand and the piece of paper with information with her. She had forgotten her pendant. The bloody hell, well never mind, I think I'll make it with or without it, I'll just follow my instincts...

As she looked around her eyes fell on a large door with a silver plaque. I guess this must be the director's office... She thought and walked towards it.

The Director's secretary opened the door politely, gesturing for Aislinn to enter.

"Konbanwa, Monroe-Sama," she greeted.

"Uhm... Good evening," Aislinn replied confused, hoping she was saying the right thing. I did not understand a syllable of what she said... she also said sama to me.... just after she mentioned my last name.... Monroe sama.... Monroe sama.... oh, it must mean miss Monroe...

"Watashitachi o sara sete kudasai" The Director said, addressing the secretary, who nodded wordlessly and left the room, closing the door.

"Good evening, Ms. Monroe." the Director said, his accent slight yet his mannerisms elegantly formal.

"Good evening," Aislinn replied politely.

"I assume you are the Ms. Monroe Mr. DiVilliers has spoken so highly of?" he asked, folding his hands on the top of his desk.

She nodded with a smile, blushing a bit.

"Please be seated, then." he gestured to a chair in front of his desk. "Tell me-" he said when she had been seated "-has he told you about the surprise test I would be giving you?"

Before she could reply, he had raised his hand casually, and the folded piece of paper Alastair had given her had flown from her pocket to his hand.

"Information given prior to coming here..." he sighed, reading through the paper thoroughly in a matter of seconds "...However am I going to test you, now?"

Aislinn looked aghast and astonished. Alastair never told me about the surprise test.... why did he give me a piece of paper with information if that was prohibited? ...I should not have asked Alastair about it, I should not....

The director stood up, his face difficult to read, and placed a sealed envelope on the table.

"Open it." he said quietly, his eyes not leaving hers the entire time.

Aislinn, paler than a ghost now, opened the envelope and found several sheets of paper money, which added up to, if converted, fifty thousand galleons.

"Fifty thousand galleons." he explained. "In Yen. Take it and leave here without speaking to Alastair. I will inform him that you have failed my test, and that he must choose another partner. Good night, Ms. Monroe." he said finally, turning away, and sitting at his desk.

He picked up a piece of paperwork from his desk, reading it as if she was no longer there-

A mixture of anger and sorrow flashed her eyes. I am so sorry, Alastair, I am so sorry that I did not make it through this second interview. And I must get back to England without you as well...

"Sure, I will leave without speaking to him, but I am not taking the money," She replied calmly with a -I did not come here for money- tone. Even if I needed the job to earn galleons, it is not the same thing as this...

She walked out from the office and closed the door behind her. Stay calm and cool, just like always, panicking or bewailing about something, that did not go as you expected, won't help you...

She made her way to the elevator and pressed the button. She entered and looked at the displayed buttons. The bloody hell, how am I supposed to understand this weird signs on the buttons...

十三

十二

十一

B一

Hmm...try be logic, Aislinn, if it had been in normal English numbers, number thirteen would have been at the top and number one at the button, but do not forget that there's the certain B1 floor as well... She took a wild guess that the 一 sign must be the first floor and thus she pressed the button. It looks like a one stick, so it must be number one....and then just counting upwards I'll get to number 13....

When the elevator went off and she arrived at the floor which she hoped to be the first floor. When she walked out, she was impressed. Woah, I made it... She thought as she recognized her surroundings. My calculations were exact...

She walked towards the entrance, quickly, not looking at anyone. Time to call for Raven... But Aislinn just discovered to her dismay that she had not Raven's feather with her.

The bloody hell, well I guess I need to think about something quick...

"Thank you very much, but you are not children; please sit down." Luna said calmly, eyeing Lily.

"I regret to inform you all that there are people who do not share your sunny dispositions." she sighed. "We cannot get a single band to perform at the graduation ball. Henceforth, I have devised a plan, consisting of two parts. For the first part, I will ask you all to vote on which band you would have wanted to have perform at this celebratory occasion. Silently, please." she added, eyeing the first student who looked as if they were about to stand. "Write your names and preferences on a slip of parchment-" to each student flew a neatly-cut slip and a pre-inked quill. "-and I shall take them into account."

Here Elias stood up and walked calmly towards Luna till he stood beside her. His face was expressionless as he looked down at her.

"I have already taken this into account and resolved it earlier today," He spoke modestly, only for her to hear. "A perfect musical band has already been formed for the special occasion and it meant to be as a surprise for the graduating pupils. I guess you were not at the staff meeting today?"

All the students scribbled down their desires of which bands they wanted to perform on their graduation ball. It was mostly muggle bands and one wizard band: Twisted Sisters who had declined. Only Lily and Clarissa wrote down Elias' name - Lily knew that her brother could play music and had told so for Clarissa who was head over heels for him

When Aislynn approached the exit of the agency building, the Director was waiting for her. He stood straight with his arms folded behind his back, eyeing her seriously. "Ms. Monroe." he sighed. "You have passed the test. Come with me, and I shall explain."

They entered the elevator, pressing the button for the first floor. "You have just gone through the test, Ms. Monroe. Normally, agents are recruited by other agents who have seen them in action and judged that their skills would be helpful to the agency. When that happens, they will tell their new recruit all about the agency, often offering a physical reminder on the agency's complicated system of organization. In short, all of this is in preparation for the final test, where I would offer a large sum of money to leave quietly. You, Ms. Monroe-" he finished proudly as the elevator doors opened "-did not take the money. Welcome to the Shiki Organization." He said elegantly, holding out his hand for a celebratory handshake.

"Aislynn! You passed!" Alastair exclaimed, walking toward her. "Well done! I told you you wouldn't fail!"

"She did pass. . . She had such a determined face not to take the bribe." the Director explained. "You should be proud to have such a partner."

"Believe me, I am." Alastair smiled warmly, offering his hand to Aislynn to take.

"When would you wish to begin the missions?" the Director asked both Aislynn and Alastair.

Alastair eyed Aislynn, waiting for her to speak first.

"I have already taken this into account and resolved it earlier today," He spoke modestly, only for her to hear. "A perfect musical band has already been formed for the special occasion and it meant to be as a surprise for the graduating pupils. I guess you were not at the staff meeting today?"

"No, I was not. However, Miss Ravenna informed me of your conclusion. I am merely making these wonderful students feel as if their opinion matters. " Luna said, her tone quiet and formal. "Besides, they deserve the truth...Thank you, Mr. Shadowwalker." Luna said. When he was about to walk away. Luna added. "I wish to see you later. Meet me in the Headmaster's office, whenever it is of convenient timing to you."

Then she turned back to the students, who had finished with their parchments. "Thank you, everyone, for your cooperation. The result shall be shared at breakfast tomorrow. I bid you all a pleasant night, farewell. " Luna said, and the students began standing. Discreetly, Luna sent a patronus message to Lily Shadowwalker, asking her to come to the professors table right away."I'd like to see you tomorrow in my office after breakfast, if you please." she said formally. "That is all, thank you."

Huh? I passed? Aislinn looked perplexed at the director and followed him inside and walked back to the elevator where he explained:

"...You, Ms. Monroe-" he finished proudly as the elevator doors opened "-did not take the money. Welcome to the Shiki Organization." he said elegantly, holding out his hand for a celebratory handshake.

Aislinn was so surprised that she got speechless as she shook hands with the director.

"Aislynn! You passed!" Alastair exclaimed, walking toward her. "Well done! I told you wouldn't fail!"

She burst out in laughter of relief and blushed when the director praised her. She took Alastair's hand and hold it tenderly, looking very happy at him. From now on, we will never part.... was it because why I choose this? To always be by his side....

"When would you wish to begin the missions?" the Director asked both Aislinn and Alastair.

"Well, any time is fine with me," She looked at Alastair with a - you may decide please- face.
She also wished to celebrate the joy of being accepted to the agency, but she did not know how to say it in a good way thus she let Alastair, who knew director the best, to speak.

"No, I was not. However, Miss Ravenna informed me of your conclusion. I am merely making these wonderful students feel as if their opinion matters." Luna said, her tone quiet and formal. "Besides, they deserve the truth… Thank you, Mr. Shadowwalker." Luna said.

tsk...she gathers information about everything that happens here by spying on us with that angel... Elias thought with dismay and turned away to leave.

When he was about to walk away, Luna added. "I wish to see you later. Meet me in the Headmaster's office, whenever it is of convenient timing to you."

He did not reply, though he walked out from a small door near the professors' table and made his way to the headmaster's office.

Meanwhile Lily received a Patronus message by Luna and walked up to the professors' table.

"Yes?"

"I'd like to see you tomorrow in my office after breakfast, if you please." she said formally. "That is all, thank you."

"But...but...the first exam starts immediately after breakfast tomorrow," Lily looked a bit helplessly at Luna. "I'll come to you during the breakfast, if that is alright or I'll see you after dinner tomorrow. Goodnight" She waved smilingly and walked away to her friends who were waiting for her at the entrance to the Great hall.

Alastair smiled warmly to Aislynn before speaking. "Tomorrow, we shall begin our missions, Mr. Natsumizaka." Alastair said elegantly. "Tonight, we shall celebrate the young lady's success."

"I understand. Report in at six tomorrow, pm, of course." The Director smiled. "I remember how you so loved the night-time missions. Goodbye, Mr. DiVilliers and Ms. Monroe." the Director said, saying their names as he shook hands with each.

"Farewell." Alastair said, bowing his head in respect.

When Alastair and Aislynn were in the privacy of the elevator once more, Alastair spoke. "How does some celebratory Sushi sound? Trust me, you'll love it." Alastair insisted, a pout on his face saying 'please accept' in a rather comical way. They left the building and were in the car again soon enough, and once again Alastair eyed the music button, unsure of Aislynn's mood. Is she, perhaps, wishing to relax in silence? Or is she happily energized and wishing for more loud music?

"Good evening, Elias." Luna said when they were both in the headmaster's office. "Something has been on my mind lately. Rather than beat around the bush, I shall simply say it: I cannot ignore you anymore. My mind refuses to do so." she said genuinely. She was neither angry, nor close to tears; she seemed determined. "You will never be able to satisfy yourself with holding hands and a gentle embrace, and I know that as much as you do. I am not good enough for you, and I am...deeply sorry for that." A relationship where all I have ever done is apologize...It was my fault from the beginning. I just want to disappear, what, with all the pain and confusion I have surely caused him. . .

"Listen to me;" Luna said, not a trace of deceit in her eyes "if I will never be enough for you, then kill me. I'll tell you where my heart is! At least you would receive some satisfaction then! My actions were unacceptable! Please!" And just like that, she had lost it. She collapsed on the floor, bent double, and began sobbing. "I don't have the will to live anymore! You are the most perfect man in the world; so intelligent and professional, so formal and elegant and dark! Forgive me!" she cried, nearly yelling this time.

Aislinn could not help but laugh when she saw Alastair’s hilarious expression.

“I would love to taste this mysterious sushi, hehehe…”

Back in the car she smiled when she saw him eying the music button.

“Just put any lovely music suiting for a celebration,” She told him. “I trust you to make a good choice.”

“Good evening, Luna” Elias replied modestly, wondering what she had on her mind to speak with him about. When she spoke, his calm and neutral expression faltered. She told him things he had never expected her to do. He went paler than a ghost and his heart started to beat to fast in way that it hurt and ached him.

“Oh, good Merlin, please do not scream,” He looked at her with such alarm and aghast that he almost lost his breath and his chronological disease which had been hiding deep within him suddenly came to life.

He rose from his place and as he hurried towards her, he lost his balance and fell to his knees in front of her.

He lifted her up gently so that he could embrace her. He tried to say some soothing words, but he got a fist of cough as he hugged her and caressed her head until he calmed her down.

“Please, do not blame yourself, it is not your fault Luna, it never was,” he finally managed to say as he loosened his grip so that he could look into her eyes. His voice had a wheezing sound and some blood had flowed down his chin from the corner of his mouth. “I was ignorant from the beginning, but with time when you told me your secrets I learned to understand. You heart, the way you are… well… your...” He was trying to refer to her asexuality, but he seemed to have lost the word. “None of it is your fault. You did not cause me misery, but I caused us misery by suggesting something I think that you must have misunderstand. It is my fault for not being able to explain for you what I truly meant. Who did ever tell you that I won’t satisfy myself with just holding hands? I wish you to be happy, my dear.” He paused and still looking into her eyes he picked out a black box from inside of his cloak.

“I got this for you some time ago...” He opened the box and revealed a silver ring with a slithering snake resting so beautifully on the half part of the ring. The snake had glistening green eyes in emeralds. “Just because I wish you to be my lady and you to treat me like your man, it does not mean that I asks for things you cannot give me… I still love you and always will, no matter if you cannot give me more than a gentle embrace...”

Alastair nodded, and pressed the button. They drove through several busy streets until they reached the restaurant, which was located near the sea, making for another breathtaking view. "We're here, my lady." Alastair said elegantly, a warm look on his face before he got out and opened the door for her. They walked up to the restaurant, which had a name that was on a lighted sign, in Japanese. "This restaurant is called The Sushi Bar. People can either sit at a literal bar and be served endless sushi rolls, or sit at tables. Both options feature a glorious view." he gestured to the sea, which was mostly dark, but some areas sparkles with the city lights. "We shall see which we would prefer tonight." he laughed as they walked with their arms linked through the entrance.

"Ah! DiVilliers-Sama! Konbawa! (Oh! Mr. DiVilliers! Good evening!)" An energetic Japanese lady greeted in Japanese. "Tsuini anata wa yoi gārufurendo o te ni iremashita ka? Kanojo wa utsukushī! (Have you finally gotten yourself a good girlfriend? She is beautiful!)"

"Arigatou gozaimashta; ureshidess. (Thank you; lovely to see you again.)" Alastair said elegantly. "Well, let's take a look at the bar and tables." Alastair said to Aislynn.

Together, they glanced at the long bar with stools, in front of a colorful display of assorted Sushi rolls. "This is Sushi!" Alastair smiled excitedly, his hand making a sweeping motion of the display. "Rather appetizing, is it not?" he smirked with a 'are you as excited as I am to try these?' expression. "There is salmon, tuna, yellowtail, eel, butterfish..." Alastair named twelve different kinds of seafood before laughing at his own knack for getting carried away "Let's take a look at the tables." Square tables with two chairs each and bamboo sitting in vases, artistically arranged. "Tables or the bar?" Alastair asked.

"Very well." Alastair nodded, and they took their seats. "Do you like spicy food? Wonderful; I share your affinity with passion. Now, I shall order a bit of everything, and I will explain how the sides work, like so..." As they were served a bit of everything, Alastair explained about the pickled ginger, wasabi, soy sauce, how to use chopsticks, and why they needed to drink plenty of water as they ate. He watched with baited breath as Aislynn took her first bite of sushi.

"...... Who did ever tell you that I won’t satisfy myself with just holding hands? I wish you to be happy, my dear.” He paused and still looking into her eyes he picked out a black box from inside of his cloak. I...I assumed it was as natural for men as....as the need for chocolate is for women...Some need it in large quantities, yet some need much less of it...Still, no one is happy going without it...

“I got this for you some time ago...” He opened the box and revealed a silver ring with a slithering snake resting so beautifully on the half part of the ring. The snake had glistening green eyes in emeralds. “Just because I wish you to be my lady and you to treat me like your man, it does not mean that I asks for things you cannot give me…I still love you and always will, no matter if you cannot give me more than a gentle embrace...”

Luna embraced him; all doubt vanished from her mind. He's telling the truth...He had intended to marry me from a long while ago...He loved me for who I was, without ever even having thought of that thing... "I... " Luna said, standing up. "I don't know what to say... Just that I never wish to ignore you again; I want to love you always." she said, not caring if she sounded silly. At this point she had run out of words to express the way she was feeling, so all she could say was "Elias....."

"This is Sushi!" Alastair smiled excitedly, his hand making a sweeping motion of the display. "Rather appetizing, is it not?" he smirked with a 'are you as excited as I am to try these?' expression.

"Oh...." Aislinn was amazed by the displayed sushi. It did not look as she had been expecting it, but rather more subtle and delicate. "They look so cute..." She commented with a laugh.

"There is salmon, tuna, yellowtail, eel, butterfish..."

Aislinn blinked twice when Alastair named twelve different kinds of fishes, which she did not have time to register. She laughed of relief when he stopped himself from mentioning more. Merlin's beard, he must know over hundreds of kinds by heart...

"Tables, please." I am going to eat sushi for the first time, so I rather sit somewhere which is more discreet than the bar… She thought as she took her seat by the square table. "I love spicy food," She smiled.

"Wonderful; I share your affinity with passion. Now, I shall order a bit of everything, and I will explain how the sides work, like so..."

When they were served sushi, Aislinn looked at the silverware with bewilderment. Is it something wrong with my eyesight or am I hallucinating? There are no forks or knives, but sticks? Sticks?! She stared helplessly with a frown at Alastair who was showing her how to use the chopsticks. She tightened her hand and fingers as she tried to get hold of the chopsticks and hold them just like he did. Her hand shook as she picked up one piece of sushi, a white bed of rice with a peach colored piece of fish resting upon it, the salmon sushi. When she lifted it up to her mouth, her hand still shaking, she remembered that she had forget to dip her piece of sushi in the soy sauce. She moved her tensed hand to dip the piece of sushi in the sauce. Her fingers were hurting because she was pressing the chopstick so hard around the piece of sushi. When she was about to dip her piece of sushi, the chopsticks slipped of her fingers by sudden and the piece of sushi flopped in the bowl. Soy sauce splattered around the bowl. Aislinn flushed of embarrassment. She was so clumsy indeed.

"Ehh… I am so sorry.... I’ll pick it up..." She hurried to say. She took hold of her chopsticks with her both hands, one chopstick per hand, and tried to lift up the piece of sushi from the soy sauce. After several attempts where the piece of sushi slipped of and flopped back in the soy sauce, she gave up and instead pierced the piece of sushi with one of her chopsticks. She managed to lift it up and place it on her plate. When she loosened the chopstick from her piece of sushi, she suddenly discovered that she had only got a bit of plain rice on her plate and that the missing piece of salmon was still swimming in the soy sauce. With a face, redder than tomato, she managed to pick up her piece of fish using her previous method, namely by holding the chopsticks with her both hands. She looked apologetically at Alastair after she had placed the piece of fish back on the piece of rice. She tried to get hold of the chopsticks in a proper way and hold them just as he was holding his chopsticks. When she finally managed to lift up the piece of sushi, rice with fish, to her mouth, she took a bit. She was still pressing the chopsticks so hard with her fingers that the remaining bit of her sushi fell down on her plate.

She chewed slowly, trying to take in the taste of something which she was eating the first time. The rice was to her unexpected anticipation sweet. The taste of the raw fish was interesting. It did not taste so gross as she had thought it would do. On the contrary, raw salmon was tastier than cooked salmon.

"Mmm...." Was all she could say when she had finished her first piece of sushi. This time she picked up a rolled sushi and topped it with a bit of the green cream, which Alastair had introduced it as wasabi, the spicy flavoring. This was even tastier than the soy sauce. "Mmmm..."

She covered her mouth with a serviette to hide her laugh. She loved the taste of sushi and she was laughing at her own clumsiness of using the chopsticks.

As Elias stood up, he covered his mouth with his handkerchief and coughed a bit. When he removed the handkerchief from his mouth there were no trace of blood but on the handkerchief. If I do not exhaust myself, I'll be fine...

He had listened to what Luna had been saying, but he had also run of out words. He walked over to one of the windows and looked out at the sunset. I might sound silly now.... He turned around so that he was facing her.

"Would you play a bit of music to me, please? I have missed the lovely tones of your violin..." He smiled with an adoring look in his eyes.

"Allow me to show you again?" Alastair asked helpfully.

This time, he held her hand, positioning them properly to hold the chopsticks the right way, and open and close them easily. "You needn't use so much force." he laughed softly. Once again he watched her try the chopsticks.

"I would love nothing more." Luna sighed with a smile. She embraced him and they disappeared together in a puff of smoke, appearing in the labyrinth's center. "In just a few days, I missed you as if I hadn't seen you in a year..." she sighed as a violin appeared, along with a self-playing piano. "For you, Elias-" she said, putting the bow to the strings "-more of my best played pieces..."

"Thank you..." Aislinn laughed as Alastair helped her with the chopsticks. She could manage them better now and it became much easier to use the chopsticks the more she used them even if she tightened her fingers a little.

She tried out a bit of everything until she came to the conclusion that the salmon sushi and the wasabi flavor were her favorites. She did not like the pickled ginger, but she liked the soy sauce and the other kinds of sushi.

She sighed contently as she laid her chopsticks over her plate. "It was an interesting and surprising dish indeed."

Elias stood still in the center of the labyrinth, shrouded by his black spring cloak, listening to beautiful tones which enveloped from the violin and the self-playing piano.

I lost the count on how long time had passed since we stopped speaking to or seeing each other. That period was much worse than any nightmare I ever had in my lifetime. Sleepless nights and long tiring days that passed as if they have been living nightmares. Words cannot describe how much I have missed her and yearned for her company...

Every song was beautiful and unique in its own way. On a usual day, he would always feel tired and unable to sleep at the night. When the first tunes of the first song sprung from the instruments, he had forgotten that he was tired and exhausted because of lack of sleep. He even lost the track of time and did not notice when the sun went down the horizon, creating the lovely shades of red and orange colors in the sky.

I have not heard her playing any one of these songs before. They are the most beautiful pieces I have ever heard. Serene and calm with a touch of sad happiness. A content and happy smile spread across his face while he listened. He brushed away a single tear that slipped down his cheek. He was not sad, but he was feeling happy.

When Luna had finished the last song, he did not applaud but walked closer to her and said:

"I do not know how much to thank you, my dear. You have not only soothed my heart and my mind, but you have also given me the comfort I longed for that day when you freed me from Azkaban…"

"Very good." Alastair commented when Aislynn properly used her chopsticks. As they ate, Alastair found himself leaning toward both the salmon rolls and the yellow tail, both of which he applies a generous piece of wasabi. I am overjoyed that she loves it....I love the feeling when you share something you love with someone knew, and they appreciate it...I cannot wait to see how she operates in the field tomorrow. . .

"I am delighted that you enjoyed the meal." Alastair smiled when Aislynn finished. There remained only a few more rolls, which Alastair ate, along with the pickled ginger. He had been fond of it since his first time trying sushi when he was twelve.

"Although some people eat dessert afterward, I prefer to allow the charming taste of the Sushi to remain in my mouth for the remainder of the evening, don't you agree?" he asked as the check was brought.

"Dozo. Arigato gozarimashta... (Here you go, thank you.)" Alastair smiled to the lady. "Subarashī yorudatta. (It has been a beautiful night.)" He added as he handed her the money.

"Doidashimasta. (You're welcome.)" The woman bowed, walking away.

"Well, I think we should stay here for the night." Alastair said, gesturing to the sea outside. "Why take a carriage back, then rest there, then come back later? I see no point." Alastair laughed. "What do you think?" he asked Aislynn. It's not like we have to pay for double hotel rooms; we can sleep in the carriage Raven lavishly decorated for us. In all honesty it is a relief, since I barely had enough to pay for this meal...Never I mind about that; after a week, I'll pick up my pay-check from the Shiki agency.

With a twinge of guilt that didn't show on her face, Luna remembered Azkaban. Without Raven, Elias wouldn't be here right now, and the fools who backed Harry Potter would still be in charge...Yet everyone thanks me....I cannot forget the reason Elias remained a whole day in Azkaban...It is just a blessing that my feelings don't show on my face. . . "I am pleased to have comforted you." Luna said, bowing slightly as the violin disappeared in a hundred butterflies, which flew away into the fading sunset. "Do you have any appetite at all?" she asked, remembering that she had barely eaten or slept the past few days, and that he may be the same.

"Mmm, for a little time..." Aislinn laughed. Even if she was carving for milk chocolate and pepper mint candies, she did not mention it, because she got a bad conscience when she saw Alastair paying for the meal. I do not like the taste of any food to remain in my mouth for a longer time, though I am going to brush my teeth anyway soon…

"Well, I think we should stay here for the night." Alastair said, gesturing to the sea outside. "Why take a carriage back, then rest there, then come back later? I see no point." Alastair laughed. "What do you think?"

"I absolutely agree, it is just waste of time to travel back and forth..." And I am not in hurry to get home so soon. No one is going to miss me anyway and my family is used to my habit of not staying that often at them...

"Now when you mention it, I am hungry indeed," Elias chuckled. He had barely eaten anything today or the past days. And she must have had a poor appetite these days.... she looks so thin...

"She is related to him..." Adela gossiped to Faeryn, her eyes wide as saucers.

They were sitting in the smaller staff room which was located in the Ravenclaw tower. The room was furnished in blue and bronze colored couches and chairs. Draperies in same colors reaching from the ceiling to the floor covered the windows. A candelabra cast a dim light across the room.

"Who is related to who?" The previous looked confusingly at the latter.

"Miss Monroe is related to that vampire she brought with her at our dark mistress torture party..."

"What?!"

"Yes, I met him today and he told me-"

"You met him today?! Now that explains why you were absent today, now tell me from the beginning, how you met him, what you did.... Merlin’s beard, you were not with your full senses today, were you?... Anyway, tell me about everything that happened today, please!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back