The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

You are not just a Brick, you are a really fast martial artist brick that can take one hell of a punch and dish out a lot of damage. But you do raise a good point. D. Rex D. Rex Do you mind if we lower your Strength a bit, but leave you stronger than a normal person? Say, in the 50 point range? That will help set Lady Justice out as the team's strongest person.

With your Offensive Strike, you tip the top end of the cap I have by hitting with 17d6 of damage. That is a lot of pain you are delivering.
Appreciate the explanation. And that is the direction I wanted to go in, thank you. 🙂

I have no issue with D.Rex being stronger in his suit, by the way. Don't feel a need to change it on my account. Gives Lady Justice something to strive for! Though if those points can help in other ways, it's all good.

Appreciate the explanation. And that is the direction I wanted to go in, thank you. 🙂

I have no issue with D.Rex being stronger in his suit, by the way. Don't feel a need to change it on my account. Gives Lady Justice something to strive for! Though if those points can help in other ways, it's all good.
Hey! You need to be the strongest! Girl Power all the way!

Re: Books. Hmm. I guess I'm in the habit of buying (supporting) the games I play, and I like having the rules there so the GM doesn't have to do everything (kind of like our Palladium game sessions where I'm able to provide you the details you need without your having to look them up). And as always with you, trust is implied. =)

Re: Powers. I think it depends on the powers out there that would remain true to her concept. Mentally, I'm thinking "how did she learn English? Some mental power?" Koriand'r (Starfire from Teen Titans) learns languages via physical contact (preferably kissing). Also, I think I could use some ideas in the direction of mental powers that would help her be what she is. As for physical powers, I like the idea of her being able to absorb energy (it is how her people "eat" if you're okay with that). I like the idea of her having skin that acts like skin yet is highly-resistant to damage (like Earth's re-entry). Plus, there's Flight. Is that a mental power? Things like that.

Of course.

I like the idea of each of you having your own special niche to fill. Psychie went with her focus into being the flying energy projector. Epiphany is our brick damage magnet and general hand-to-hand combatant, and D. Rex has a host of abilities that neither one of you have.

D. Rex D. Rex Dropping the added Str in the powersuit down to 35, giving you a total of 50, saves you 2 points in your armor. Doesn't sound like much, but I can do a lot with 2 points.

In all honesty, if you are not looking to play Champions a lot, I would recommend against getting both books right now. If you find that you love the system as much as I do, then you can revisit the idea of getting the hard copies of the books.

If it works for you, you can trust in me to do what I've done for Epiphany and D. Rex of making their characters after getting some feedback from them to see what they want.

There is a power called Aid which is exactly what you are talking about. Depending on how you buy it, you can Aid just about anything on a character from something as simple as a healing factor to being able to boost someone's Strength or Energy Blast.

The second set of powers you are talking about is Life Support and Resistant Defense. Easily acquired. Mental Defense is also doable, but the question I have for you is, are you looking to focus more on mental powers, or physical? Usually, there is not enough point to get both great physical abilities and mental ones. What's your desire?

That works for me!

Do you have any options to suggest?

Also! Domt forget about Drain for the energy absorbtion!

Hey, even if he did somehow have more strength, it would only be because of the suit. He is still a normal pink squish inside it.

Re: Books. Hmm. I guess I'm in the habit of buying (supporting) the games I play, and I like having the rules there so the GM doesn't have to do everything (kind of like our Palladium game sessions where I'm able to provide you the details you need without your having to look them up). And as always with you, trust is implied. =)

Re: Powers. I think it depends on the powers out there that would remain true to her concept. Mentally, I'm thinking "how did she learn English? Some mental power?" Koriand'r (Starfire from Teen Titans) learns languages via physical contact (preferably kissing). Also, I think I could use some ideas in the direction of mental powers that would help her be what she is. As for physical powers, I like the idea of her being able to absorb energy (it is how her people "eat" if you're okay with that). I like the idea of her having skin that acts like skin yet is highly-resistant to damage (like Earth's re-entry). Plus, there's Flight. Is that a mental power? Things like that.
I get what you are saying about supporting the game. I have done the same as much as possible with my finances, since gaming books can be a bit pricy. As I said, if you enjoy the game and want to dive into it more, then yes, I would heartily endorse the thought of getting both of the books. I am enough of a gamer geek that not only do I have the hard copy, I also have the PDF and the character maker program. But I have also been playing Champions since 3rd edition, and love love love the flexibility of the game.

Purr Purr I am starting to visualize a mentalist with Drains to support her mental powers and weaken your opponents, and Aid to be able to bolster the abilities and health of your allies. What I'm seeing in my mind is a very workable build.

america-chavez_card.jpg

Purr Purr I am starting to visualize a mentalist with Drains to support her mental powers and weaken your opponents, and Aid to be able to bolster the abilities and health of your allies. What I'm seeing in my mind is a very workable build.

Go with it please and let's see what comes of it?

That is pretty cool, Pips! But you've long known how to bring cool to a game. =)

Absolutely. I will PM you the completed sheet, and will be here to answer your questions to make sure your character is just what you want!

Looking forward to it! =)

Hey Purr Purr ! Just to give you a bit of wisdom about the system. So many players and NPCs boost their physical stats and defenses up to the roof, making awesome characters that can take a cannonball to the chest and just shrug it off. But they almost always neglect their mental stats and defenses, making a good mentalist extremely effective! Even if you have lower level powers, you can still be very effective in what you can do if you go this route.

Hey Purr Purr ! Just to give you a bit of wisdom about the system. So many players and NPCs boost their physical stats and defenses up to the roof, making awesome characters that can take a cannonball to the chest and just shrug it off. But they almost always neglect their mental stats and defenses, making a good mentalist extremely effective! Even if you have lower level powers, you can still be very effective in what you can do if you go this route.
Including all the PCs so far...

Actually, my follower gives me some Mental Defense, enough to take the edge off of a mental attack.

And hopefully they doubly neglect their power and flash Defenses.

You are correct in the fact that Power Defense is a rare ability.

Yeah! I think Sherwood hinted at that earlier in this thread and I liked the idea. Thank you for pointing that out! =)

What kinds of skills do you have? What do you do for a living when you are not kicking evildoers' butts?

Ah, perhaps I should start with a question. This game has (to use the White Wolf terminology) Flaws, right? Would it be a good Flaw that Dreamy and her people have no mechanical expertise whatsoever? As in, no machines? I think that would make for some pretty good roleplaying experiences as Dreamy tries to figure out how to use a key in a keyhole, how an elevator operates, and so on. Plus, it would give her a really high impression of human achievements.

As for what skills, I'd say she's into science on a cosmic level (but again, with no machines - just the powers her people have to traverse space all on their own). Since she's a traveler, I'd say any skills that involve geography and exploration (though she's going to have to learn what a map is and how to use it - she's far more inclined to grab a nice person, fly them up above the city a thousand feet or so, and ask, "So, where is this place?" then return the person to where they were while she makes her own way to wherever she's going (by foot or by flight).

I can imagine she'd be pretty heavy into team sports (for the company and exercise). I think she'd be weak in martial arts and weapon use of any kind, preferring to rely on her own natural talents and powers.

Including all the PCs so far...
Well, in my super tanky workup I added some MD in. But! With sherwoods help its much more reasonable. I got +10 MD still, but I got a default MDCV of 3 (whatever that does).

Being a man of science, I can not quite so easily justify mental Defense when the suit was designed originally for durability in deep earth environments.

While the Terranauts have dug deep enough to come across Mind Flayers, the Psionic variant suit and its patented Brain Scrambler is only a prototype. Not ready for field testing yet.

I'm more worried about flash attacks. If they get through his protection, it will hit him hard.

You are correct in the fact that Power Defense is a rare ability.
Woo! I can go on a freezing spree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back