The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

Currently undecided or not yet communicated, it seems - would like to know more myself. If the game ends, it ends - no problem with that. But if it does, it'd be good to know since that'll leave me at just two running games and might mean I want to go looking for more.

I'm with you, good Sil. I'm still with Mr. Miyagi here. Yes? Fine! No? Fine! Maybe?

It does something un-nice to my ADHD brain until I get a yes or no. =)

Psychie, Sherwood, and I along with another fellow new to us named GunMan2 are in Psychie's Southern Cross game "reboot" using Palladium rules if that sounds interesting to you. In 48 hours, The Force of Justice will have its one year anniversary!

But in what direction? There I go again. See you! 8D

Really doesn't feel like a year has passed, for me - then again, it's not really been the regular kind of year for me, I guess. Or for most...

I liked Psychie's last game a lot, but I'm not sure I'm feeling another Robotech game at the moment - I mean, I love the scenario, but I might want to look for some classic fantasy for a change. Honestly, I'm kind of considering to try to get another Pathfinder game up and running myself, just not sure if that'd be a clever choice at the moment. Sure as hell would like to give it another go at some point, though, and it'd be a nice project to busy myself with. Might just look for what's already out there, too, though my luck with DnD-games, for example, has been pretty much non-existent. Well, I'll see.

Heh! Pathfinder, huh? Well I'm sure you know by now that Sharseya is the older of my two games. She's based on 1st Edition D&D (AD&D) through Pathfinder 2.0 mostly using elements from Pathfinder 1.0.. I'm bringing this up because if you are looking to run Pathfinder and there's something in Sharseya that would help you (say, Shop Talk!), then go for it, Sil! You are terrific so let me know if I can help you! =)

Will certainly do - Pathfinder's always been my kind of system, so it'd be my natural choice - good old comfort. Honestly, I'd probably ask you for advice no matter the system, but I'll definitely check out Sharseya when it comes to that. Not that I haven't, yet - one of the few games where I sneak a peek every now and then.

You are welcome to do more than that, Sil. Post and say hello to Jaydude if you haven't met him already or come in and say whatever is on your mind, whenever you want! You already know everyone else in Sharseya. =)

Psychie, Sherwood, and I along with another fellow new to us named GunMan2 are in Psychie's Southern Cross game "reboot" using Palladium rules if that sounds interesting to you. In 48 hours, The Force of Justice will have its one year anniversary!
That sounds neat, I hope y'all are having fun.

I don't know much about Palladium or mecha anime, but I got the books for City of Mist recently, which I think is a pretty interesting system. Not really classic fantasy though.

That sounds neat, I hope y'all are having fun.
Thanks, you! Besides superhero games, what kinds of games do you like? =)

What is City of Mist, Quick? Is it a supernatural game like White Wolf's line of work?

Thanks, you! Besides superhero games, what kinds of games do you like? =)

What is City of Mist, Quick? Is it a supernatural game like White Wolf's line of work?
I don't know, I'm kind of figuring it out.

City of Mist is a sort of modern fantasy game, I guess you could say. The player characters are mostly investigators solving mysteries, with a thematic gimmick of mystical powers based on concept and characters from mythology, history, and folklore. It's more of a "story-driven" game than a "combat simulator" type of game, driven by a sort of tug-of-war between the character's mundane life and the stories they embody.

With all of the indecision of this game, I will go ahead and bow out of this. Sherwood Sherwood , I love your games, but this one has frustrated me and I'm ready to wash my hands of it. No hard feelings though, ok?

I don't know, I'm kind of figuring it out.
May I help?

If so, may I ask you what kinds of shows, comic books, music, entertainment, etc. that you like? Not to ask you for personal details, but could I get you to think of what draws your attention personally as far as hobbies are concerned?

Sometimes when I'm getting to know someone in Real Life and they show an interest in roleplaying, I ask them to discuss their current and former hobbies. I once had a good number of fellow martial artists (classmates) in my home every week playing Cyberpunk 2020 back in the day. What were the hooks that got them interested in the game? Well, they liked tech, music with spirit, and they enjoyed firearms, and of course - martial arts! The idea of cybernetics was cool and the possibility of running around in a never-dull hard city environment like Night City opened them up to my own city experiences where things like Big City atmosphere, streetwise skills, style, and of course, reputation mattered.

Sometime later, I realized I was pretty unsatisfied with R. Talsorian's easy-to-learn but combat-limited dice-rolling system, I came across Palladium games super megahit, Rifts, and I never looked back. So in other words, by way of learning about my players' hobbies and interests, we went for many years in positive directions together. Our martial art skills improved, their roleplaying skills went from zero to considerable, and we all felt we could look back at those years as time well spent.

City of Mist is a sort of modern fantasy game, I guess you could say. The player characters are mostly investigators solving mysteries, with a thematic gimmick of mystical powers based on concept and characters from mythology, history, and folklore. It's more of a "story-driven" game than a "combat simulator" type of game, driven by a sort of tug-of-war between the character's mundane life and the stories they embody.
Hmm! Sounds a little like some White Wolf games or maybe some of Palladium's RPGs with a direct link to folklore. Neat! =)

With all of the indecision of this game, I will go ahead and bow out of this. Sherwood Sherwood , I love your games, but this one has frustrated me and I'm ready to wash my hands of it. No hard feelings though, ok?
Oof.

Psychie Psychie Let me be the first to say that I'll miss you in this (apparently collapsing?) game and thanks for playing such a cool super heroine in Luminary and The Dude! =)

Thanks, Dann. I enjoyed this while it lasted, but I just don't see it continuing on. Perhaps another time.

Yeah, I kinda lost my way on this one. I'm sorry, guys. I will go ahead and officially call this one closed. Thank you for participating.

O.K!

HOOOORAAAY! We have an answer and I am officially out of Limbo!

I Like It Good Job GIF

Sherwood Sherwood Thank you SO MUCH for posting a decision! I'm sure it wasn't easy; putting a game to rest is never fun as necessary as it sometimes is. No "squish like grape!" Thanks a great big bunch for this past year of fun! I will admit there was a part of me that was worried that you might ghost, but you didn't! And in doing so, you upheld your promise not to ghost! Thank you!

Everybody? I had a hell of a good time playing Dreamy along with all of you and your cool characters!

QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE Quick! I hope to see you around and game with you again! I remember a year ago, there were some obstacles to your playing with us. We overcame them and I'm glad we did! Dreamy and I will miss playing alongside "our boy!" Thanks for putting such personalities into your characters! =)

Silanon Silanon Sil! Well, you always know where to find me. =)

If so, may I ask you what kinds of shows, comic books, music, entertainment, etc. that you like? Not to ask you for personal details, but could I get you to think of what draws your attention personally as far as hobbies are concerned?
Oh hey, martial arts are cool.

I don't know quite how to answer the question. I guess I like video games where you have multiple options for how to approach problems. I'm gonna be honest, I don't much care for cyberpunk settings though. I'm all for a little more Kaczynski in things, but sometimes it seems just a little too gritty.

Quick! I hope to see you around and game with you again! I remember a year ago, there were some obstacles to your playing with us. We overcame them and I'm glad we did! Dreamy and I will miss playing alongside "our boy!" Thanks for putting such personalities into your characters! =)
Ayo, thanks. I certainly tried to inject something distinct and interesting into Chaser, even if we didn't quite get to explore all of it. Dreamy's interactions with him were fun, at least.

Thanks for playing everyone.

See y'all around.

Hey, Sherwood Sherwood ? No worries - thanks for telling this story! Not my usual genre, but I had a blast playing here, really enjoyed writing Nisha and reading all of your posts, folks! Great characters all around! Sometimes, inspiration just moves on - we all know that, it's what we sign up for - I'd rather treasure these memories than drag it out another year just for the sake of it. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread