The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

And is there a way I can help with keeping this game going?

If Nisha missed something important, maybe one of the baddie NPCs can let slip some information or we can catch a glimpse of something not right that might get our other characters to take a look (if what's in the boxes is important to the story)?

Whatever keeps the game alive! =)

I am a shameful person. I keep on wanting to post here, but I let myself get distracted with other things. No longer, I tell you! IC post is coming up.

We always knew were you shameful or is it 'shamless' with that oh-so-racy image on your Profile? But, uh, yeah! Can't wait to see what you post! Game on! Yeah, that's the ticket!

Hee hee! =)

I really shouldn't distract Sherwood when he's trying to post! =)

Well, you're a step beyond me still, Quick! I hardly understand the HERO system at all, but that's not getting in the way of my having fun. =)
Well, I wouldn't say I exactly know it that well either, but I guess it's all a learning process.

I presume Dreamy is off at the detention center by herself?

Well, I tried to write that in a way that let everyone else come with if they want to? I have the feeling our storyteller wants the story moved along and I want to post to keep our game going so... =)

QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Okies, this game appears to be running out of steam and I'd like to know how to stop that from happening? I like our super hero Champions game!

What can I do to help it along? Provide inspiration? Post videos? What's the story here?

Or am I misreading something (the past few days have been mentally rough for me so I could be imagining something that isn't quite there or misinterpreting).

Let's talk about it!

It has certainly slowed down, partially thanks to my slow reactions in-between. I like the story and the characters, so if we can get it back to running, that'd be awesome.

So... can we just say that everyone is back at the Sacramento prison trying to talk to Harry again? Just don't want this game to fade out into the nothingness unless, of course, it is time for that to happen. Until it is, I'm game! =)

Okies, this game appears to be running out of steam and I'd like to know how to stop that from happening? I like our super hero Champions game!
A bit, perhaps. To be honest, I simply haven't had much I wanted to do, and ergo not much to post. Now that I think about it some though, didn't Chaser want to go back and ask the governor's family some questions? I could do that, but again, I don't want to distract from the central investigation running after possible dead-end leads. If we're waiting on Chaser for an update, just let me know and I'll send him along with everyone else. It'd be nice to keep things moving.

I don't know what we're waiting on.

I have been gaming long enough to know that sometime games have to die. It's just the way games are. That's fine! It's the nature of roleplaying.

What rattles me is not knowing. Are we playing? Are we not playing? It's the "state of limbo" that I don't like being in and so I must ask.

To paraphrase Mr. Miyagi in The Karate Kid book and movie - Yes? Okay! No? Okay! Maybe? Not okay. I just want to know where we are. =)

If there's one thing I simply cannot stand, it is ghosting. I was in a game fairly recently where the Game Master ghosted and I don't think I'll be playing with that Game Master again. I definitely don't expect that here, especially from good ol' Sherwood, but how else to know what is going on if someone doesn't bring it up? Right? I don't mind being that person. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Haven't heard from you yet, bud! What's your take on The Force of Justice? Are you having fun?

I have been running different comments through my head trying to come up with the right words, and every time that I come up with something, it seems to fall short. For some reason, I am having a lot of trouble with this game in my head. It is not easy for me to get myself into the right mindset for some reason, and it is very frustrating. I feel like I'm letting everyone down, and I don't know how to square myself up in my head to get back into this story, and I'm sorry about it. It is not fair to you guys.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to try and get my head into this once more? I'm at a loss.

This sounds like disconnection to me. For what they're worth, here's how I feel:

1. First and foremost. You're not letting me down. Why? Because you're communicating. I can't do anything with silence. But when folks talk, we can get somewhere!

2. Life isn't fair. So please don't think you're inconveniencing me. Games come and go. I feel that people only "fail" when they deliberately ghost. You said you wouldn't. Your post here is proof you mean to uphold that promise. So Sherwood Sherwood you're good in my 'hood! =)

3. Clear your head of distractions. Time to think, my longest buddy. Disconnection is what I run into when I haven't played a game long enough. I must post or I lose the characters, I lose the story, I lose the game! Red alert! Once your head is clear (or at least mostly clear) of any feelings of guilt, loss, remorse, etc., your brain becomes open to... solutions! 8D

Take this lesson seriously. Watch it with Closed Caption if you're having trouble understanding Mr. Miyagi's words. But just for a moment, skip the fact that this is "just a kid's movie" and take the time to learn... "squish like grape." For the sake of this game.

"Squish Like Grape (karate kid)"

"Understand?"

If not, let's talk about it. I'm serious.

4. Solutions! I highly recommend, when you have some time free of distraction, go back to where it all started. Maybe that's here? Maybe not. Only you know. But sometime back in February of 2021, you had the hots for playing... a super-hero game! Champions, baby! Oh boy! So what was going on? Had you been reading old favorite comic books? Seeing movies that inspired you? Reading through HERO/Champions books? What lit the fire here? If you don't mind, give that a shot here and now. Stop reading and search yourself. Come back when you've gone back in time. Take a walk through the Force of Justice lore and mansion again. Walk the halls. See what they say to you. You created this story and this game for good reasons. What were they? Have those reasons changed? Even if you come back with nothing, you've looked. And to me, that is important!

5. Now that you've looked back, there are (in my view) three roads to take:
5a. Stop playing the game. Let everyone know that this fire has gone out, bow out gracefully with gratitude, and let everyone know how you feel. This is the opposite of ghosting! =)
5b. Continue playing the game where we left off. Change whatever you have to change, fill in the blanks, and take time if you need to to put it all back together. This might not happen tonight, but later. Getting a good grasp of where you are will get you to a destination you can be proud of.
5c. Continue playing but make changes that make you, the Game Master, excited for the game again!

Call it "The Force of Justice 1.1 or 2.0" or whatever. If you need to change the game, perhaps add elements you've discovered since February of 2021 - an entire year ago - then do that!

Maybe Blue Bolt asks for others to join us. Maybe Blue Bolt doesn't. Maybe he remains the same. Maybe he puts the leadership in someone else's hands. Maybe the bad guys change? Maybe they don't?

My point is - if you really want to play this game still, and you realize you have to "turn it on its head" to do it? Then do it! You think I've been playing Sharseya and Robotech: Broadsword without making changes to the original scripts? You're darned right I have! So you have my every blessing to do the same if that is the road you've chosen to embark on!

That's all I have for now. I need to eat something. I'll be back later tonight! 8D

I'm back (with noms)!

Sherwood Sherwood Furthermore, let me be the first to offer - would it help you if I changed Dreamy's powers or something about her? If that's in the way somehow, let me know! In the meantime, I've received another Masamune Shirow book (Intron Depot 1) and I'm loving the inspiration, artwork, and reading the paragraphs of Masamune's own thoughts about his work!

Dann be like!
Excited The Child GIF by Disney+

Dann gave really good advice already, I'd say, so let me just emphasize one thing: No matter what's the next step (5a-c), you're not letting anyone down, alright? If it ends here, I still had a blast, and saw cool characters that I'll remember.

Some games continue on and on. Others end after a while. Some never take off at all. And that's all good, it's what we sign up for. So don't worry about failing us, you didn't. You're telling awesome stories, buddy!

I don't have quite as much to write as Dannigan, but I agree that (should you chose to continue the game, and no judgement if you don't) and effective strategy would be to "go back" to the inspirations. Namely, to refocus on the beats and ideas you wanted to incorporate or were excited to get to, and how to facilitate those sorts of things. The thing I like to write the most is character interactions, so if you liked reading those, definitely try to lead things to situations where the characters will interact over things. Maybe you had a plot twist or big event you were excited for, and you start building towards that. Even if you aren't feeling a post, it might be wise to power through an awkward moment and post it anyway, so long as it can get everything moving towards something we're all excited about.

I don't know. I don't want to pretend to be good at advice, but that's what I could think of.

QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE Solid gold, Quick! Especially about character interactions! That's got to be one of the cores of role-playing if there ever was one!

I have two things to drop in here. One I'm losing hold of Dreamy. If I don't play a character, I don't get to play that character if you get my meaning.

Also, in less than a week, the Force of Justice will be one year old! Pre-happy birthday to The Force of Justice! Woo! =)

Oh, and Quick? I think you are right on target concerning posting. I feel even a bad post is better than silence. Which reminds me - it's time for me to post my own games! =)

Users who are viewing this thread