The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

Yeah! I think Sherwood hinted at that earlier in this thread and I liked the idea. Thank you for pointing that out! =)

Ah, perhaps I should start with a question. This game has (to use the White Wolf terminology) Flaws, right? Would it be a good Flaw that Dreamy and her people have no mechanical expertise whatsoever? As in, no machines? I think that would make for some pretty good roleplaying experiences as Dreamy tries to figure out how to use a key in a keyhole, how an elevator operates, and so on. Plus, it would give her a really high impression of human achievements.

As for what skills, I'd say she's into science on a cosmic level (but again, with no machines - just the powers her people have to traverse space all on their own). Since she's a traveler, I'd say any skills that involve geography and exploration (though she's going to have to learn what a map is and how to use it - she's far more inclined to grab a nice person, fly them up above the city a thousand feet or so, and ask, "So, where is this place?" then return the person to where they were while she makes her own way to wherever she's going (by foot or by flight).

I can imagine she'd be pretty heavy into team sports (for the company and exercise). I think she'd be weak in martial arts and weapon use of any kind, preferring to rely on her own natural talents and powers.
Ok, so no skills with a technical bend. I can go with that.
Uh, is this something I should be requesting for Dreamy? =)
Some Power Defense can be done.
What's a flash attack?
A Flash Attack is a power that blinds one or many of your senses, such as a police's flashbang.

What's a flash attack?

What Sherwood said. Anything going after your senses that nullifies them.

Colt was born and raised underground. So I reasoned he might be sensitivity to bright flashes of lights, so gave him a Vulnerability to Flash(sight) as a Complication.

I'm thinking our characters might get along given their scientific backgrounds and completely different experiences with them, plus Dreamy's an explorer - she's curious and rarely afraid to ask. She would definitely wonder about his suit.

But what about team make up? Dreamy's definitely a support personality. Perhaps she's the newest addition to the team?

What do we want our team to be about, if you get my meaning? Anyone want to lead?

I think Sherwood also mentioned that mental powers typically require a line-of-sight function to affect an opponent - that would mean Dreamy couldn't affect anyone (for benefit or bane) that she couldn't see. I'm hoping there is some mental power (like Charles Xavier's) that would allow her not to have to rely on her eyes. I mean, lousy one smoke grenade and Dreamy's badly nerfed. Oof.

I'm thinking our characters might get along given their scientific backgrounds and completely different experiences with them, plus Dreamy's an explorer - she's curious and rarely afraid to ask. She would definitely wonder about his suit.

But what about team make up? Dreamy's definitely a support personality. Perhaps she's the newest addition to the team?

What do we want our team to be about, if you get my meaning? Anyone want to lead?
I think that would be very interesting!

Because his family, and the organization he is from, they are explorers and scientists, with the Terranauts being at their vanguard. So before he became a hero, he was essentially a Ranger.

I think the contrast will be particularly fun. As they are similar in spirit, but inverse plenty of other ways. Both explorers, one exploring the wide cosmos, the other the depths of his own planet.

I think Sherwood also mentioned that mental powers typically require a line-of-sight function to affect an opponent - that would mean Dreamy couldn't affect anyone (for benefit or bane) that she couldn't see. I'm hoping there is some mental power (like Charles Xavier's) that would allow her not to have to rely on her eyes. I mean, lousy one smoke grenade and Dreamy's badly nerfed. Oof.

There might be ways to bypass it if you can target with different senses, perhaps? Like using clairsentiemce to find them.

The team isn't formed yet.

But from my understanding, we are being invited to join this new super hero team from some big name super heroes.

So we are all new to the team, technically.

There might be ways to bypass it if you can target with different senses, perhaps? Like using clairsentiemce to find them.

"Clairsentience?" Never heard of it and I like the sound of it. =)

The team isn't formed yet.

But from my understanding, we are being invited to join this new super hero team from some big name super heroes.

So we are all new to the team, technically.

Ohh! I misunderstood. I thought this was a team that knew each other already. So, we're kind of like newbie-Avengers joining the real Avengers? Hope Jarvis is around; he's cool! (heh!).

Seriously, this sounds like fun so far. =) I'm just going to need a lot of explanations as to what powers do what and so forth, but it's nice not being the only one! Plus, this is a great group of people who are already comfortable with one another! =)

Oh, and I feel a bit sorry for QuickSmasherEXE - when they come back and see all this OOC action, they might faint! I know I might if I were in their position! Hah!

EDIT: I am off for now. Stay safe and have fun! I'll be checking here tomorrow lest I miss out on something. Thanks for having me, everyone! =)

Sherwood Sherwood

Would those extra sense types be handy? Like infrared, sonar, and Night vision in the enhanced senses section.

Or Deflection?
Various enhanced senses can be something to work towards, or if you want, I can juggle some points around for something.

"Clairsentience?" Never heard of it and I like the sound of it. =)

Ohh! I misunderstood. I thought this was a team that knew each other already. So, we're kind of like newbie-Avengers joining the real Avengers? Hope Jarvis is around; he's cool! (heh!).

Seriously, this sounds like fun so far. =) I'm just going to need a lot of explanations as to what powers do what and so forth, but it's nice not being the only one! Plus, this is a great group of people who are already comfortable with one another! =)

Oh, and I feel a bit sorry for QuickSmasherEXE - when they come back and see all this OOC action, they might faint! I know I might if I were in their position! Hah!

EDIT: I am off for now. Stay safe and have fun! I'll be checking here tomorrow lest I miss out on something. Thanks for having me, everyone! =)
I may or may not have a Jarvis somewhere by the name of Failsafe.

Wow, things exploded over night - good to see you here, too, Dann!

Well what can be done with 2 points form the strength reduction?
I'm putting some work into Dann's character at the moment, but I'm sure that I can get you some enhanced senses to see in the dark.

No rush right now. Focus on Dann. I plan to look through powers again anyway.
How does Active Sonar sound (get it? Sound? Ha!) for a Enhanced Sense? It would let you see in total darkness or be able to spot a invisible person so long as they didn't buy their invisibility to sound.

Wow, things exploded over night - good to see you here, too, Dann!

Hi, Sil! Welcome to the Kaboom! It's good to be in another game with all of you (Quick included, whom I don't know, but look forward to!). =)

How does Active Sonar sound (get it? Sound? Ha!) for a Enhanced Sense? It would let you see in total darkness or be able to spot a invisible person so long as they didn't buy their invisibility to sound.

Hah! I hear that! Is that an expensive power? Sounds useful!

Is there a power that would allow Dreamy to sense energy (the kind she uses to survive like life-energy and natural elements like electricity, but not magical energy)?

Is there a power that would allow Dreamy to sense energy (the kind she uses to survive like life-energy and natural elements like electricity, but not magical energy)?
I can, but I'm rapidly running out of points and would have to drop something else. You do have a power called Mind Scan, that lets your own mind reach out and look for other beings around you. It allows you to establish a mental lock-on and be able to hit someone even if they are out of your line of sight; theoretically even on the other side of the planet.

I am about to type up Dreamy MK 1and PM her to you for your review to see if there are anything that need to be changed before we make her official.

Sherwood Sherwood Mind Scan sounds neat! Does it allow her to detect things like robots? I think the party will be happier with her hunting robots down instead of people if she gets low on energy.

I'd be pretty down for some active sonar. Echolocation can be pretty handy! Could have my suit map out a dark room let me see what it looks like.

Would that spend the 2 remaining points?

Hey Sherwood Sherwood , can I ask for your expertise for the actual character-building once Dann's good to go? I feel like I'm shifting numbers around in random directions without much of a clue as to what's useful and what isn't - I have narrowed down the list of things I'm interested in, but could use your experience to get it to actually work.

I'd be pretty down for some active sonar. Echolocation can be pretty handy! Could have my suit map out a dark room let me see what it looks like.

Would that spend the 2 remaining points?
I have made some tweaks to my copy of your sheet, and will edit your copy shortly. You will have your sonar.
Hey Sherwood Sherwood , can I ask for your expertise for the actual character-building once Dann's good to go? I feel like I'm shifting numbers around in random directions without much of a clue as to what's useful and what isn't - I have narrowed down the list of things I'm interested in, but could use your experience to get it to actually work.
Not a problem. I have just PMd Dannigan his sheet and am starting to give a few posts explaining what the numbers mean. Once I'm done with that, I can happily take a look at what you want done and see what I can do for you.

Alrighty, thanks! I'll see if I can type up a few things for you after dinner, let you know what I've found thus far.

I have made some tweaks to my copy of your sheet, and will edit your copy shortly. You will have your sonar.

Not a problem. I have just PMd Dannigan his sheet and am starting to give a few posts explaining what the numbers mean. Once I'm done with that, I can happily take a look at what you want done and see what I can do for you.
Okie dokie. What other changes did you make with that 2 points?

Okie dokie. What other changes did you make with that 2 points?
I added the Sonar, but had to shave a few points off of your skills to afford it; it came to 8 points after Limitations. You lost your Cryptography and Disguise skills.

I added the Sonar, but had to shave a few points off of your skills to afford it; it came to 8 points after Limitations. You lost your Cryptography and Disguise skills.
Oh? Though it might have been cheaper than that. Not as part of a Multipower?

But oh well, I didn't really disguise myself anyway.

Cryptography might have been handy, if we were dealing with those smarter super villains that left clues and mysteries.

Users who are viewing this thread