The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

Purr Purr Do you have much knowledge of the Hero System and Champions? If not, I have plenty of time on my hands to help make up characters.

Purr Purr Do you have much knowledge of the Hero System and Champions? If not, I have plenty of time on my hands to help make up characters.

Not much. I haven't played it since you and I last played it together. Which book am I looking for? Can you provide an exact title? 6th edition wasn't it?

Correct. We are using 6th edition. Depending on what kind of build you have in mind, I would be happy to assist.

The book you want is Hero System 6th Edition volume 1 for character creation.

Yes, your Entangle can do some great effect. Don't forget that not everyone is going to have that level of strength. Psychie's character for example, if you snag her, she's pretty much boned because her powers require her to use her hands to direct her energy blasts.

Lol I don't think that she would appreciate me snagging her.

Oh! Which of the powers would i use to cover a surface with slick ice? Would it be entangle? Since it creates ice to wrap around things. Or would it be transform? As it also has the ability to "create objects", would an ice slick covering an area count as an object?

Can I make ice sculptures with my transform? If I made a makeshift Barrier with it, how strong would it be?

Wait... my blast is 15d6.... does that mean my blast is like getting hit with an approximate 819 ton force?

Purr Purr
Hey! It will be great to have you here! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

I haven't seen her stats yet. What is her top strength and defense and stuff?
65. Which, yes, makes you stronger than the Brick. 🙂

It is what you get with the 75 point cap
15d6 is the nominal max, but there are times that you can go over that max (such as Lady Justice with her Offensive Strike).

Would I be correct in guessing that the reason Lady Justice's build is at 65 is because the material art skills she has bring her up to the 15d6 cap, so going for 75 would either break the cap or not add anything meaningful to a fight?

Sherwood Sherwood

(EDIT! I hit Reply too early... Editing now.)

Re: Hero Champions 6th Edition. I am going to see if my local hobby shop has it and if they do, I might pick it up tomorrow.

Earlier this evening when I first found this thread, I had no Superhero concept whatsoever. About 30 minutes later, I had most of a complete concept (moderate-severe ADHD has its perks!). Let me know when you're ready for my concept (I see lots of people chatting at the moment).

Sherwood Sherwood

(EDIT! I hit Reply too early... Editing now.)

Re: Hero Champions 6th Edition. I am going to see if my local hobby shop has it and if they do, I might pick it up tomorrow.

Earlier this evening when I first found this thread, I had no Superhero concept whatsoever. About 30 minutes later, I had most of a complete concept (moderate-severe ADHD has its perks!). Let me know when you're ready for my concept (I see lots of people chatting at the moment).
Let's hear it!

Would I be correct in guessing that the reason Lady Justice's build is at 65 is because the material art skills she has bring her up to the 15d6 cap, so going for 75 would either break the cap or not add anything meaningful to a fight?
Seriously! Goodness, lol I never meant to be that strong. Colt really really really went to town on customizing his suit. Maybe he will need to take some fighting lessons from Lady Justice to capitalize on that strength.

Um, already?

Okay!

What I've made up so far:

Name: Dreamy Starborn
Race: (Alien) Kairissian
Physical description: An enchanting young woman in her early 20s with golden skin and crackling fire where her long, wild hair should be (she can adjust the temperature to these fires and make them disappear completely, revealing her nudity - a state she sees as perfectly natural).
Concept: Friendly and naïve cosmic traveler of the stars who has taken a serious interest in life on Earth.
Reason to play: In the other games where I am RPing as a PC, both of my Characters are old in years and deep in wisdom for the most part. I want to try something on the opposite end of the scale, something new, and something that also gives a tip of the hat to one of my favorite Chris Claremont (X-men, New Mutants) Characters, Warlock. =)

Dreamy was lazily soaring through the cosmos one year when she came across a strange, floating metal device. It looked lonely and so was she, so curiously, she collected the craft. With the help of her fellow Kairissians, she followed the instructions inside and listened to the golden disc and in doing so, came upon a whole new form of life! Plus, there was a welcome here... to the planet Earth! When the Kairissians were finished with the device, they replaced it as it was when they found it and returned it to the exact course and speed it would have been had the Kairissians not disturbed it. The device, of course, was Earth's Voyager One spacecraft launched in 1977.

"Johnny B. Good" by the legendary Chuck Berry

With her fellow travelers' blessings, Dreamy flew to Earth and began singing Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Good" to everyone she found. Dreamy's appearance marked her as not of this world, or at the very least, a highly-altered humanoid similar to the humans she had discovered. There on Long Beach, California, one of the human ladies who had watched her fly up onto the beach took one look at her eyes and remarked, "Oh, honey! You are just dreamy!"

"I am Dreamy?"

"Yes, you sure are!"

"Why, thank you!" And ever since that day, Dreamy has called herself Dreamy Starborn.

* * *​

Powers and abilities: As star-faring creatures, Dreamy's people exist without the need of air, food, or gravity. They subsist on energy. Their normal mode of travel is flight and they are able to survive in the vacuum of space indefinitely. Dreamy's people use stars as means to travel incredible distances. From our Sun, 8 light-minutes away, Dreamy flew to Earth.

Dreamy's people survive on energy which they absorb into their bodies by way of simply opening themselves to it. Dreamy can be found inside thunderstorms, near active volcanoes, raging waterfalls, and the like to restore herself, but the best and most direct route to replenish herself is to take the life-energy from another creature. This, of course, can and often kills the creature in question. This process is perfectly natural to Kairissians. "Stars live and die. Why shouldn't we?" they say. What Kairissians can take, they can share. In group combat situations, Dreamy (once alerted and motivated to respond to danger) acts as an energy vampire against evil forces. Left on her own, she kills threats, drains electronic threats of their electricity, and when she comes upon the deserving, she feeds the life-energy she has taken to the hurt and injured, healing damage much like a car battery gains energy from charging its battery except a great deal faster with little inefficiency.

Dreamy is smart, but incredibly naïve and as such, she needs her teammates to show her the proper ways to behave in human society. She refers to humans as "Carbonites." She does not understand the concept of clothes as she never gets cold (unless she is deathly-low energy, i.e. starving to death).

Until I find a better picture, I think she has a face like this. Golden skin (could pass for human). Instead of hair, there is a long red-orange luminescence that resembles fiery hair that falls to the backs of her knees and covers her "private parts" (as humans put it).

23f9c69d01f561b28e75e977df62eed9.jpg
(Image credit: LAS-T.Deviantart.com)

Here's her theme music (thus far):
"Strange Pleasures" by Still Corners

You are not just a Brick, you are a really fast martial artist brick that can take one hell of a punch and dish out a lot of damage. But you do raise a good point. D. Rex D. Rex Do you mind if we lower your Strength a bit, but leave you stronger than a normal person? Say, in the 50 point range? That will help set Lady Justice out as the team's strongest person.
With your Offensive Strike, you tip the top end of the cap I have by hitting with 17d6 of damage. That is a lot of pain you are delivering.

Sherwood Sherwood

Okies, I'm confused. There are several Hero Champion 6th Edition books. Which book is best to play this game?

There is this one (let's call it #1).

This one (#2).

And I'm seeing this one (let's call it #3).

Purr Purr Cool ideas there for your alien. Somewhat similar to the build that Psychie came up with, but you do have several big differences that will set Dreamy apart from Luminary. I do have a few concerns, though. As a 'energy vampire' drawing the life force from others, it may come into conflict with the Code Against Killing that some of the others have.
Sherwood Sherwood

Okies, I'm confused. There are several Hero Champion 6th Edition books. Which book is best to play this game?

There is this one (let's call it #1).

This one (#2).

And I'm seeing this one (let's call it #3).
Number one is the book I have that gives all the details on how to make a character. Volume 2 is the book with all the rules in it for combat and the game crunch stuff. But to make up your sheet, all you need is #1. Also, if you go to the Hero Games website, they have an awesome character creation program with all the rules in it to be able to make your sheet that is reasonably priced and it works well. I don't know off the top of my head how much it is, since I got my download a while ago, but you can take a look and see.

One nice thing about the program is that once you buy it, you can download it again to a different computer. I discovered that when one laptop died a painful death, and I needed to get a new computer.

Back to the talk I was doing.

If your character is quick to use lethal force, that might come into some conflict with the others. But that is not always a bad thing. You are ignorant of Earth culture, and may not understand that taking a life is not the first thing to do in a battle. Kind of like in Terminator 2, how they had to teach Arnie not to kill.

Last edited:
Until I find a better picture, I think she has a face like this. Golden skin (could pass for human). Instead of hair, there is a long red-orange luminescence that resembles fiery hair that falls to the backs of her knees and covers her "private parts" (as humans put it).

Here's her theme music (thus far):
"Strange Pleasures" by Still Corners

How is this? Seem more like it? Color might be off, I don't see yellows and greens well.

20210221_232530.jpg

You are not just a Brick, you are a really fast martial artist brick that can take one hell of a punch and dish out a lot of damage. But you do raise a good point. D. Rex D. Rex Do you mind if we lower your Strength a bit, but leave you stronger than a normal person? Say, in the 50 point range? That will help set Lady Justice out as the team's strongest person.

With your Offensive Strike, you tip the top end of the cap I have by hitting with 17d6 of damage. That is a lot of pain you are delivering.

By all means! I think that would be for the best so that Lady Justice can really play to her strengths. (Ha!)

I wouldn't mind if it went a lower. So long as it is within reason for a Iron man style suit.

Got a suggestion on what would be good to sink those points into?

D. Rex D. Rex You got the gold skin down pat! Thanks! 8D
BTW, I like how the blue eyes on the pic really pop out. Very nice!

You're very welcome! Only took a few seconds :)

Lol one of the few things I can do with mobile is easily adjust colors through an editing program. Just adjust the hue to get the skin yellow, and tinker a little with the contrast and exposure to make it seem more gold than yellow.

As a 'energy vampire' drawing the life force from others, it may come into conflict with the Code Against Killing that some of the others have.

1. How about if the Force of Justice teaches her to knock people/machines out without killing them? Perhaps Dreamy takes on the Code herself (unless she or someone else is about to die?).

2. I'm looking on HeroGames.com for the program you mentioned. I can get one book now, but I'm kind of iffy about paying almost $40.00 (book #1) to create one character while missing out on how to play the game (book #2). Recommendations?

By all means! I think that would be for the best so that Lady Justice can really play to her strengths. (Ha!)

I wouldn't mind if it went a lower. So long as it is within reason for a Iron man style suit.

Got a suggestion on what would be good to sink those points into?
Lets go with a 50 total, and I will see how many points might come back to you.

Sherwood,

3. I am going for more of a support/heal character than a damage dealer; I just liked the idea of taking their energy/hit points and giving them to my allies. Is there a specific power(s) that cover this?

4. Are her alien traits (no need for air, food, sleep) expensive? What kinds of defenses do you think she could benefit from? Armored skin? Energy absorption or something? How about mental defenses or powers?

D. Rex D. Rex Dropping the added Str in the powersuit down to 35, giving you a total of 50, saves you 2 points in your armor. Doesn't sound like much, but I can do a lot with 2 points.
1. How about if the Force of Justice teaches her to knock people/machines out without killing them? Perhaps Dreamy takes on the Code herself (unless she or someone else is about to die?).

2. I'm looking on HeroGames.com for the program you mentioned. I can get one book now, but I'm kind of iffy about paying almost $40.00 (book #1) to create one character while missing out on how to play the game (book #2). Recommendations?
In all honesty, if you are not looking to play Champions a lot, I would recommend against getting both books right now. If you find that you love the system as much as I do, then you can revisit the idea of getting the hard copies of the books.

If it works for you, you can trust in me to do what I've done for Epiphany and D. Rex of making their characters after getting some feedback from them to see what they want.
Sherwood,

3. I am going for more of a support/heal character than a damage dealer; I just liked the idea of taking their energy/hit points and giving them to my allies. Is there a specific power(s) that cover this?

4. Are her alien traits (no need for air, food, sleep) expensive? What kinds of defenses do you think she could benefit from? Armored skin? Energy absorption or something? How about mental defenses or powers?
There is a power called Aid which is exactly what you are talking about. Depending on how you buy it, you can Aid just about anything on a character from something as simple as a healing factor to being able to boost someone's Strength or Energy Blast.

The second set of powers you are talking about is Life Support and Resistant Defense. Easily acquired. Mental Defense is also doable, but the question I have for you is, are you looking to focus more on mental powers, or physical? Usually, there is not enough point to get both great physical abilities and mental ones. What's your desire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back