The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

If I went with the Multipower, the targeting ability would immediately drop when you switched slots, so I put it as a stand alone power.

Cryptography might have been handy, if we were dealing with those smarter super villains that left clues and mysteries.
Well, I just sent Sherwood my stuff and it includes 'scholar who's good at deciphering old, magical writings', more or less - so I'll probably cover that area quite well. Hopefully. We'll see, there's only so many points to be spent on awesome stuff.

Works for me! I can probably get around Flash with that too. Darken my helm and turn on Active Sonar. And it maps out whats around me. Like those alternate vision modes im video games that use more often than normal vision mode.

I am really liking how Dreamy Starborn is turning out!

I ordered one of the Champions books and it should be here tomorrow (just my way of contributing to the people that make the game). I'm looking forward to getting to know not only this game better but the universe and rules around it. Plus, I really want to see what each of us makes and how we can complement each other as a team, not only with our powers, but with the personalities that hopefully will make this game last for a long time. =)

I think it is amusing how many posts there are in this OOC thread, and the game hasn't even started yet, and we only have two characters posted! I never expected this level of interest in this game.

Thanks for that, guys!

Oh, and I feel a bit sorry for QuickSmasherEXE - when they come back and see all this OOC action, they might faint! I know I might if I were in their position! Hah!
I'm used to it at this point.

I'm still working on a solution to the problem of defensive scale. Every other character has significantly higher physical defense than I imagine mine should have and while I'm not personally bothered by that, Sherwood said I should avoid being knocked out or killed in a single attack from any given enemy.

I'm still working on a solution to the problem of defensive scale. Every other character has significantly higher physical defense than I imagine mine should have and while I'm not personally bothered by that, Sherwood said I should avoid being knocked out or killed in a single attack from any given enemy.

With psychic powers comes precondition. Or a spider sense!

So who needs Defense when you can't get hit?

In the famous words of Piccolo Jr.: "DOOODDDDDGGGGEEEE!"

Having a high DCV is always a good thing, but there is the threat of Area of Effect attacks that only have to hit the hex you are in to do some damage to you.

I'm glad you are, because I don't think I've seen a thread explode like this since my first game back when RP Nation was RPdom. We have really lit this thread up like a big batch of fireworks, haven't we? =)

QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE "Sounded reasonable to me!" - John Candy as Den in Heavy Metal the Motion Picture.

Yeah, it's nice to be a "glass cannon" until you're the target. =)

Ha ha! Hey, if it works and your Character escapes harm, I'm all for it! But what does your Character do against the mindless? Like perhaps robots or the zombie-like undead?

Well, can we get you a nice 12 gauge shotgun or something just in case? Just trying to look out for a future teammate! =)

Weak: Having actual defensive prowess

Peak: Using mental illusions to ensure your opponents never know where you are (you're behind a crate)
6901724-5238893342-56404.gif

All,

DrivethruRPG.com is currently running a sale on the Hero System - Basic Rulebook (Watermarked PDF + Softcover Black + White book) for $19.99. While it's not Champions-specific, I think I might get this so I can fully understand the basics of the Hero System. Any thoughts?

The nice thing about the Hero System is that it can be used to play in almost any setting you can think of, so despite that book not being specific to Champions, it will still provide those interested with all that you need to play the game.

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie

Ack. Then I saw this. The "Champions Complete" (black + white paperback with PDF for $30.00). Amazon has the colorized book for $22.00. I want to understand the rules and powers, etc. (so they don't have to be explained to me again and again). So many options, but now I think this one is the one to get?

I don't have that book to know what would be inside of it, but it certainly sounds like that it has everything you need.

I just updated Dreamy's character sheet again (with another story in Moments in Time). One more commercial, and I think I'll be happy with it!

Users who are viewing this thread