• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Crew (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Oh, no. I did. I don't think it was super clear, though.

Anyway, this part:
"Now, as to information. I will provide you with the location of the safe-house. But, part of the service we're paying you for is to put the job together—how to get in, your plan of escape, entrances, exits, etcetera. That is for you to figure out and execute on."
That's also part of the game/rules, really. The game is roughly broken into three phases:
  • FREE PLAY
    • Character Scenes
    • Actions & Consequences
    • Gather Information
    • Choose a Target
      • Choose a Plan <-----this is actually mechanical
  • THE SCORE
    • Actions & Consequences
    • Flashbacks
  • DOWNTIME
    • Payoff, Heat, Entanglements
    • Downtime Activities
    • Return to Free Play

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire D. Rex D. Rex dae mec dae mec

The really cool part about this game—I hope it works out in play—is that you collect info to make your score easier, but you don't ACTUALLY plan it. I ask you for a general approach, you provide on concrete detail, and BAM, you're there in the thick of the job.

You're gear and tools are all "check off what you need when you need it" to represent the planning. And, you can do flashbacks to set yourselves up with benefits during the job to say that you planned this all along.

I'm excited to get there.

Also, FYI, I framed this scene hard, but this isn't a railroad. You ARE free to choose not to take this job. And you are free to go to the Wardens and work for them instead against the Sisters. This is just our first scene to kind of draw you in to what's happening out there.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire D. Rex D. Rex dae mec dae mec

Yeah, I was thinking the same. It's a REALLY rough game from what I hear with less than 3. And we really want 4 to make the game sing correctly.

Let me see if we can drum up interest.

I'm still here! Sorry, I went and turned on all my alerts now. It's been a unfortunately busy time for me, but things have gotten better! My bad.

Edit: also, would it be appropriate for me to reply? Or should I hold off on that?

So this is the part where you have a few options. If you want, you can gather information if there are questions you have or ideas on info that could help you during your score. For right now, there aren't too many details we've filled in, but it could be things as simple as casing the joint or wanting to know more about the area, etc.

The alternative is that we jump right into the planning & engagement phase where you plan the score and we make the engagement roll.

What are your thoughts?

Yeah, I think the best way is to think on where you’d gather info or from whom. You know the safe-house is by the docks. Maybe talking to some dock workers would be a good start? Or casing the building and taking note of comings and goings? Or think up someone you know who’d know a thing or two about the area?

If you want I can give you some solid people to talk to. There are the people on your character sheets too, I think. Some of them might make sense.

It boils down to you tell me what you’d like to do, where, and what you’re looking to learn. Sometimes I’ll just tell you. Other times, it’ll be a roll.

In this case, thinking on it more, we can move right the engagement roll for the score and get right to the action. There’s a cool bit where you can do flashbacks to say what you did to learn something you put in motion in the present. Which, I think is really neat.

Maybe we jump right into the action? What do you guys think?

FYI—Teh Frixz is MIA and I know D. Rex has some life stuff going on and has stepped away from all his games for now. You guys okay keeping it going with just you two, for now? I'll have to adjust the game a bit so you can keep up as mechanically, the game is tough with two.

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire dae mec dae mec

If you want I can give you some solid people to talk to. There are the people on your character sheets too, I think. Some of them might make sense.

Sounds good! I'll start by talking to Klyra, the tavern owner, and see if she has any leads/contacts among the dockworkers. Then, based on what she says, I'll probably go to the docks and ask a few people there. I'm thinking she'd probably go in disguise: not as the Face or Ashani, but a foreigner merchant who's looking to store their own goods at the dock warehouses.
You guys okay keeping it going with just you two, for now?
Yep, I'm fine with that!

I'm alright with just us two for now.

As for what I'd like to do. My character isn't much of a fighter, I'd assume there would be some sort of place blueprints could be found. You can find a lot out about a place by studying the blueprints, like best entry and exits.

Sounds good! I'll start by talking to Klyra, the tavern owner, and see if she has any leads/contacts among the dockworkers. Then, based on what she says, I'll probably go to the docks and ask a few people there. I'm thinking she'd probably go in disguise: not as the Face or Ashani, but a foreigner merchant who's looking to store their own goods at the dock warehouses.
Okay, awesome. That's a really good idea.

I'm alright with just us two for now.

As for what I'd like to do. My character isn't much of a fighter, I'd assume there would be some sort of place blueprints could be found. You can find a lot out about a place by studying the blueprints, like best entry and exits.
Looking for blueprints is a great idea. The City Records and Archives offices are in Charterhall along Clerk Street, the main avenue. Is that something you want to pursue?

Are you both splitting up or working together with each of these?

Sounds good to me.

I figured we'd split up, do our own quick thing to get the information we need and then reconvene back at the Lair to discuss our goal.

Alrighty. Well. I also need to think of a way to jump back in somehow, if yall still want me. My brain had checked out for a while so I got to regain where I had left off in my head.

Alrighty. Well. I also need to think of a way to jump back in somehow, if yall still want me. My brain had checked out for a while so I got to regain where I had left off in my head.
Yeah! We'd love to keep you!

Basically, you guys, as a Crew, agreed to a job: slip into a Spirit Wardens' safe house and find the shipping manifest that shows when the stolen Dimmer Sisters' items are being shipped out and on which ship.

Right now, the group is going to gather some information they can use to setup a plan and start the heist.

So I need to setup two scenes:
  1. In the Tavern with Klyra, the tavern owner for dae mec dae mec
  2. The City Records and Archives offices in Charterhall for Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
D. Rex D. Rex do you want to jump in with either of those scenes?

For those scenes, how do you guys approach each? This is probably more a question for the Records office scene as the Tavern scene will be easy to frame casually.

I'm super excited too! Ashani will probably stroll in all casual-like and catch up with Klyra openly. Then, they might go into the backroom for a drink, as friends do, and she'll ask more specific questions about the dock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back