• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Crew (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ah, I'm super excited! Would you like us to do our introduction here, in bullet points? Paragraphs?
Here’s good! I’m going to ATTMEPT a separation between IC and OOC. Which isn’t how this game generally played or run, but fits our medium better here. We'll see if it works.

However you prefer. As much detail as you’d like.

I'm hoping this super lengthy setup—which I had fun doing—didn't drain the momentum out of this game. Hopefully, I didn't scare you off.

Let me know if there are any questions or concerns. I'm working on the starting situation, as well, so that as soon as we have intros, we can start proper.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire D. Rex D. Rex dae mec dae mec

Tell us (from your sheet):
  • Your name and alias
    • Myrke, The Bronze One
  • Playbook
    • Lurk
  • Look
    • image_562906151134243670685.png
      4941a13eb6567746f4f54d777032e0da.jpg

Horns are cleverly hidden beneath his mask. It is sometimes a bit uncomfortable.
  • Heritage
    • Tycheros
  • Background
    • Academic
  • Special ability
    • Infiltrator
  • Who is your close friend?
    • Telda, a Beggar
  • Who is your rival?
    • Darmot, A Bluecoat
  • What is your vice?
    • Obligation
Also (not on your sheet, and find out in play is acceptable):
  • Why did you become a scoundrel?
    • "Shortly after moving from Tycheros. Magic is a lot more regulated here. The things that were free or cheap back home are much more expensive or completely outlawed. Getting access to magical objects and getting them into the hands of those who need them is worth a little law breaking from time to time...as long as we do our best not to hurt anyone"
  • Have you ever been locked up? Why? Are any of your friends still behind bars?
    • "Once, back home. It wasn't really a big deal, a couple of friends in the prime of their lives do something stupid and get stuck in jail for a few days while they give you the usual speeches about being smarter and keeping out of trouble...guess it didn't really stick. No friends of mine are still behind bars, though I haven't spoken to them in a while. Telda sometimes gets herself thrown in for the night to sleep. Wish she'd stop being stubborn and let me help her"
  • How did you join this crew? Did another member vouch for you? Were you a founding member?
    • This one I'd like to discuss with the rest of the group before filling out.
  • Who do you trust the most on the crew? Who do you trust the least? What’s that about? Or will we find out in play?
    • Same as above. In general, I assume Myrke is rather friendly with everyone, but we'll see how it plays out.

Sorry, I'm still here, I was waiting for other people to post their stuff :P I can work on mine once I'm off work.
No apology needed! Just want to make sure everyone's still good.

Great intro write-up! That's super helpful. I might have some follow-up questions for you.

Your name and alias
  • Ashani Vindward - The Face (Mukhum)

Playbook
  • Slide

Look
1629319555424.png
When she's in her public-facing persona, Ashani dresses in luxurious clothing with gold jewelry. She slightly prefers Iruvian wear, but she also wears Arkososian clothing. (She tends to wear slightly less jewelry when she does, though.) Ashani takes good care of her appearance, though it borders on vain. She's very aware that she's striking and she doesn't hesitate to take advantage of that.

[very rough sketch]
1629319564298.png
When she's in her not regular persona and is in the guise of The Face (or Mukhum), she wears a veil or cheich, a very loose kurta, and salwar pants. All male clothing: Ashani takes advantage of her deeper voice to pass as a mysterious monk-like man from Iruvia. As the Face, she dresses austerely, with gold paint around her visible eyes to appear more masculine (and to hide her identity even more). She also puts on a thick Iruvian accent. She carries a dagger, which she does know how to use.

Dark skin, long hair, lots of gold jewelry. She veils herself as the Face.

"There's nothing wrong with being particular about your appearance. Beauty must be maintained and celebrated. Or so my mother always told me."

Heritage
  • Iruvia/Akoros
  • "My mother is from Iruvia, but my father is from this city. I look nothing like my father, and I was born and raised here. Yes, people don't believe me when I say that, but it's still true."
Background
  • Academic
  • "I know that I don't always look like it, but I came by my profession fairly. All the money in the world can't match the pleasure of a reading a good book. Well, unless you're using that money to buy books!"
Special ability
  • Like Looking Into A Mirror
  • "No, no, I never lie, of course, but I can tell when others do."

Who is your close friend?
  • Klyra, a Tavern Owner
  • "She's a dear, and she has her ear to the ground... truly a wonderful source of gossip."

Who is your rival?
  • Ibryl, a drug dealer
  • "The nerve of this man, thinking that he can even approach me, let alone court me! Unfortunately, he doesn't take rejection well."

What is your vice?
  • Pleasure
  • "What can I say? I have expensive tastes."

Why did you become a scoundrel?
  • "Scoundrel? My, my, what a rude term. I simply have... unconventional business interests. Now, keep this between us, but as you can tell by my jewelry, I have a weakness for the finer things in life. I can't help it, really. I spent summers with my grandfather in the old country, and I gained an appreciation for luxury... and for secrets, which are their own form of currency. Not to mention that I just love to learn! I'm a tad curious about, well, everything. I want to get my hands on wealth and knowledge, and sometimes you have to be aggressive about it, hmm?"

Have you ever been locked up? Why? Are any of your friends still behind bars?
  • "Darling, I can talk my way out of anything! I've never actually been in trouble with the law. No friends or current associates are in jail, though we all have colleagues who stepped too far over the line of societal acceptability..."

How did you join this crew? Did another member vouch for you? Were you a founding member?
I'd also like to figure this out with the others! I assume we're all founding members, though.

Who do you trust the most on the crew? Who do you trust the least? What’s that about? Or will we find out in play?
Also ditto: I think there could be some fun dynamics at play, but I'd like to run it by others first.

Last edited:
Formatting is a bit weird, but I'll fix it a little later! Sorry, I'm still in the middle of a move, but things should settle this weekend :D

Well good day and good greetings to each and every one of you. I am Professor Bithersee, Wilhelmina to my close associates and Willie to those that wish to get even closer. As you can clearly see, I’m quite the model Akoros citizen, born and bred to make the most of our vainglorious empire at the edge of darkness.

Such said, I’ll be your LEECH today. No need for payment as long as I’m able to record and utilize my findings. You see, I’m on something of a personal quest. I won’t bore you with the fine details, I don’t care much for them myself, but the essence of my quest is partly the realization that while we are able to continually improve our surroundings, we are virtually at a standstill in improving ourselves.

Take for example myself, once quite average, dull, bad eyes, no different than one of the thousands of pages running about stacks of books in our ‘institutes’ of learning. Now, behold. Striking features, sharp eyesight, I am a better me but I want to be the best me.

As for friends, I’d say I’m close with very few. My dealers are likely my closest friends as I’ve been forced to cut ties with family and most associates. My blood dealer Jul, he’s likely most closest friend at the moment. Our relationship is something akin to symbiosis. Once again, I won’t get into details.

My rival? Besides most of the scientific community, there is that pumped up, pompous apothecary Stazia. I swear she’s on a crusade against my ideas and findings just because of some vague moral leanings.

I enjoy vice of all sorts, but my personal choice in the matter is the weird and new. Anything I can do to bring my own excitement to fruition.

I resent that accusation. I’m no more a scoundrel than society is a choir of harmony. I’m an opportunist that is furthering a decaying morass. We, biologically, are stagnant. Our own progression should mirror that of our technologies.

I’ve never been locked up, to put it into slang terms. My associates are either merchants or purely academic. I really haven’t had the easiest time in interacting with those of I’ll repute. Usually it’s simpler just to avoid or remove them as problems.

Being an academic, I’ve had plenty of run ins with my fellows in the Court and I think I rode the line between founding member and external associate before fully moving into an active role.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai

Alrighty! So what was it you were needing from us?
OMG! I never answered you! Sorry!

I was looking for introductions about your character. Just so you know about each other. Here’s the list:
Okay, so, let’s start this for real with introductions! Some fun character stuff, too! Get creative!

Tell us (from your sheet):
  • Your name and alias
  • Playbook
  • Look
  • Heritage
  • Background
  • Special ability
  • Who is your close friend?
  • Who is your rival?
  • What is your vice?
  • Why did you become a scoundrel?
  • Have you ever been locked up? Why? Are any of your friends still behind bars?
  • How did you join this crew? Did another member vouch for you? Were you a founding member?
  • Who do you trust the most on the crew? Who do you trust the least? What’s that about? Or will we find out in play?
More questions might follow!

I’ll have the first IC post tonight, I think.

Also, I THINK we’re going to try for using OOC chatter here (obviously 🙄) and keeping a cohesive narrative in the IC thread. I think we can use spoilers for mechanics in IC and keep the rolls in the IC posts.

But I’ll need your help because we’ll need to decide what the roll looks like before you make it.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire D. Rex D. Rex dae mec dae mec

Before I post, I wanted to ask: Are our characters there as themselves or their aliases? I'd assume if it was something related to the gang, they'd all be dressed up and hiding their identities.

D. Rex D. Rex , did you want to weigh in for the group's discussion in the main?

And also, feel free, whenever you have a chance, to do your little introduction here.

I was waiting for someone not me to make a post (since I went just before you), but I can get one in today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back