• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Crew (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Myrke is a scholar. If he is allowed, in his regular non thiefy look, he'll just go in and do research on the docks and their buildings. Given their location, the buildings must've been built to withstand floods and earthquake. He could easily just be studying.

Either Study or Survey could work. I'd think Study works better because of this line "You might gather information from documents, newspapers, and books."

Ultimately I think it is up to you.

I've made my post but I'll wait until you tell me which thing to roll cause it actually matters a little bit. I can either roll 1d6 for my study or 2d6 (lowest number) for my Survey. Though I did read that I get to pick which skill to use as long as it fits the context of the situation. If so, I want to go with study as it fits the academic background and I might get exp for it :P

It took me forever to figure out what the rolls meant.

For anyone else confused. When you use an action, you use the dots going left to right to determine dice rolls. When attacked you resist by using dice from top to bottom.

Last edited:
For anyone else confused. When you use an action, you use the dots going left to right to determine dice rolls. When attacked you resist by using dice from top to bottom.
Yes! Sorry. We can talk more about how all the works if it would help, too. This system is interesting because if there is a result that you don't want to have to deal with, you can try to resist almost anything using those vertical dots down. It costs stress though.

Ultimately I think it is up to you.
Actually, it's kind of weird. Specifically, I'm supposed to ask YOU and not limit you on what you roll. You just have to justify it with what you're doing in the "fiction". It seems really important that I not influence or offer what you should roll for anything. Just ask you what you want to roll and how you do it. Unless it's something outrageous that just won't fit at all.

This is different than many games, so it'll be an interesting habit to break.

It's kind of a push/pull thing. If you have a higher rating you want to try and use in a different roll, for instance, you can try and change what you do in the "fiction" to use that roll instead.

Study sounds good to me. I also have to tell you up front BEFORE you roll what your position and effect are. In this case, your position is controlled and your effect is limited. Controlled because, despite the Bluecoat presence, no one has taken interest in what you're doing yet/you're not standing out. Limited because you're not taking a huge risk and your'e just looking at public records.

Now, D. Rex D. Rex can also give assistance too, if he wants. Or you could lead a group action with both of you rolling and taking the best result. But, you can see in the definitions I posted below that rolls with controlled position aren't super risky.

If you WANT to try and go for more effect, we can talk about it and we would increase the risk. So, for example, you want standard effect, I'd say you'd have to break into employee area where they keep the non-public records, which would become a risky position, then.

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 6.56.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 6.55.53 AM.png

Tagging dae mec dae mec as well because there is a lot here and this is our first real roll.

Well, I made my roll :P Did not go well.

I might have to increase the effect if Myrke can't find what he is looking for in the general area. I will wait to see if Rex gives some assistance.

Found something

Pushing yourself, Devil's Bargains, or assists for +1d are done before the roll – no adding an extra die or two after the roll just because you didn't like the result. Regardless of the roll, the GM doesn't change the effect level that was agreed upon.

So I'd say no. But that is okay because failures add to the story.

I've been listening to Adventure Zone: Amnesty and they are doing the Monster of the Week system which is based on the same one we are using now and some of the failures have the best story telling elements.

Found something

Pushing yourself, Devil's Bargains, or assists for +1d are done before the roll – no adding an extra die or two after the roll just because you didn't like the result. Regardless of the roll, the GM doesn't change the effect level that was agreed upon.

So I'd say no. But that is okay because failures add to the story.

I've been listening to Adventure Zone: Amnesty and they are doing the Monster of the Week system which is based on the same one we are using now and some of the failures have the best story telling elements.
Oh yeah, for sure. I'm a huge Powered by the Apocalypse (games based on or built with Apocalypse World mechanics—my favorite game) aficionado, really for that reason. "Failure" isn't failure. It still drives the story forward in interesting ways.

Klyra takes a seat on a barrel and shrugs. "Little of this, little of that. The docks? Huh, yeah there's some stuff going down. I might know a coupla things. What's it worth to you?"

dae mec dae mec
Getting the info from her will be some kind of roll. What are you thinking on how you want to approach?

Last edited:
Getting the info from here will bee some kind of roll. What are you thinking on how you want to approach?
I was thinking I'd do a consort roll. Ashani's being casual and warm; this is pretty standard practice for both of them, and they're also friends of sorts. She'll offer some information in return (that she doesn't mind being spread around) about whatever Klyra wants, or she'll offer to find out something for Klyra, depending on how hard of a bargain Klyra wants to drive.

Should I go ahead and roll? Oh, I think I'm supposed to wait for position and effect?

I was thinking I'd do a consort roll. Ashani's being casual and warm; this is pretty standard practice for both of them, and they're also friends of sorts. She'll offer some information in return (that she doesn't mind being spread around) about whatever Klyra wants, or she'll offer to find out something for Klyra, depending on how hard of a bargain Klyra wants to drive.

Should I go ahead and roll? Oh, I think I'm supposed to wait for position and effect?
Yeah, consort sounds great. This'll be controlled, but limited effect. You could go more risky and push her in some way—like insult her, try to intimidate her, or manipulate her—to get a greater effect. Bigger risk, bigger reward. If you're good with controlled/limited, roll it in the main thread.

Myrke finds the blueprints for the building in question as he's searching through the public records of the area surrounding the building. Finding the right storage drawer, he flips through the stacked plans, looking at the labels in the bottom right of the page. Just as he finds them and begins pulling them out he notices a Bluecoat staring straight at him, approaching. Taking it as a sign, Myrke let's the page go and closes the drawer.

The patrolman passes without incident, but seems to be keeping a sharp eye on Myrke and Phineas.

(What do you do?)
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire D. Rex D. Rex
Seems like that Bluecoat is keeping a really sharp eye on you guys, now. He'd probably be super suspicious if you just try to take the plans. What are you guys going to do?

D. Rex D. Rex Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

I was waiting to see what Rex wanted to do. With some distraction, I could roll finesse and Myrke could attempt to take the blueprints without much obvious movement.

Yeah, consort sounds great. This'll be controlled, but limited effect. You could go more risky and push her in some way—like insult her, try to intimidate her, or manipulate her—to get a greater effect. Bigger risk, bigger reward. If you're good with controlled/limited, roll it in the main thread.
Cool! That sounds good. I rolled in the thread: 2 and 5.

I was thinking you'd just be alongside Myrke at the records office. Sorry, I should have said that. I figure you're right there with him.
Oh I did say that! Sorry, it's here:

Myrke finds the blueprints for the building in question as he's searching through the public records of the area surrounding the building. Finding the right storage drawer, he flips through the stacked plans, looking at the labels in the bottom right of the page. Just as he finds them and begins pulling them out he notices a Bluecoat staring straight at him, approaching. Taking it as a sign, Myrke let's the page go and closes the drawer.

The patrolman passes without incident, but seems to be keeping a sharp eye on Myrke and Phineas.

(What do you do?)
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire D. Rex D. Rex

So, Ashanti will probably have a drink and then head back to their lair to divulge the information she's received. I'm not sure how you'd like to handle scene transitions, but I'll make a quick post finishing up the conversation!

So, Ashanti will probably have a drink and then head back to their lair to divulge the information she's received. I'm not sure how you'd like to handle scene transitions, but I'll make a quick post finishing up the conversation!
Yeah, that's perfect. Figured we'd just close it up and gloss over the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back