• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Crew (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I think paying coin here will do us better here. We spent one coin already to repay Scurlock for giving us territory giving us a nuetral status with him.

I think paying the Sisters a coin to get a +1 with them will give us some allies that we can potential turn into clients for occult relics and info.

Otherwise, paying off the rivals could make it easier to operate without hostilities. That would be a good second option to keep a small a footprint as possible.

So stay as low profile/secure for as long as we cab for now, infiltrate and grab ahold of everything then when everything is in place, make a decisive blow and take total public control

OMG, I just realized you spent 2 coin on paying off Lord Scurlock. I fail.

So, you stay where you’re at with these two factions. You don’t have coin left. Unless you have personal coin or stashes?

As long as we’re not spending that or changing the Lord Scurlock payoff, we’ll move forward.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire D. Rex D. Rex dae mec dae mec

Last edited:
No, I had to look it up. I couldn’t remember. The idea is that you guys put all you had into your new gang like a business venture to get it setup.

So, with that in mind! I’ll get the next step going this evening and then play! I’m so excited!

So, LAST STEP! You choose a favored contact. There are contacts on your crew sheet, all of which are open to you. But this one in particular is a close friend, long-time ally, or partner in crime. When you choose one, it will impact two factions as well. One positively and one negatively.

The contact options from your crew sheet are:
  • Dowler, an explorer. Perhaps one of the rare deathlands scavengers that survived his sentence?
  • Laroze, a Bluecoat. Perhaps an informant within the City Watch?
  • Amancio, a deal broker. Perhaps a well-connected underworld figure, famous for their neutrality?
  • Fitz, a collector. Perhaps an aficionado of strange artifacts?
  • Adelaide Phroaig, a noble. Perhaps a source for scores among the elite?
  • Rigney, a tavern owner. Perhaps a good source of news and gossip?
Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire D. Rex D. Rex dae mec dae mec

I'm going to wait to see what everyone else thinks, though I'm interested in having a cop on our side.

I'm also going to let you know that I am having internet issues and probably won't have internet until Wednesday. At the moment I am using my phone and it is not good for posting.

I'm going to wait to see what everyone else thinks, though I'm interested in having a cop on our side.

I'm also going to let you know that I am having internet issues and probably won't have internet until Wednesday. At the moment I am using my phone and it is not good for posting.
No worries. Appreciate the heads-up. We still have a couple things to settle which will buy us time so we can start around then. I definitely want everyone there as we start.

Agh, darn, I keep forgetting that RPN is intermittent about alerts!

I think either Fitz (the collector) or the cop could work! I know that we want to get spooky magical artifacts, so either could help with that.

It sounds like the Laroze, the Bluecoat, might be our most popular. So let’s go with him! Awesome!

Now, the faction changes because of that:

+1 status with The Crows (II): An old gang with new leadership. Known for running illegal games of chance and extortion rackets.
They like and are friendly with Laroze.​

-1 status with Dockers (III): The hard-bitten laborers who work the docks.
They are not friendly with Laroze. He’s busted them more than a few times.​

I will make the changes on your crew sheet. So, all the official items are taken care of. One last thing. And it may be the hardest:

You need a NAME for your Crew! What do you guys want to be called? What are some ideas?

Ah! Well. We do all seem to have a theatrical flair and a Secret identity.

How about "The Court of Masks" or even just "The Masks"

I like the Veiled Court and the Court of Masks! I think the Veiled Court has a lot of flair and is suitably mysterious.

Okay, so, let’s start this for real with introductions! Some fun character stuff, too! Get creative!

Tell us (from your sheet):
  • Your name and alias
  • Playbook
  • Look
  • Heritage
  • Background
  • Special ability
  • Who is your close friend?
  • Who is your rival?
  • What is your vice?
Also (not on your sheet, and find out in play is acceptable):
  • Why did you become a scoundrel?
  • Have you ever been locked up? Why? Are any of your friends still behind bars?
  • How did you join this crew? Did another member vouch for you? Were you a founding member?
  • Who do you trust the most on the crew? Who do you trust the least? What’s that about? Or will we find out in play?
More questions might follow!

I’ll have the first IC post tonight, I think.

Also, I THINK we’re going to try for using OOC chatter here (obviously 🙄) and keeping a cohesive narrative in the IC thread. I think we can use spoilers for mechanics in IC and keep the rolls in the IC posts.

But I’ll need your help because we’ll need to decide what the roll looks like before you make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back