Other Tell us about your pet peeves!

All of this COVID-19 business is reminding my of why I HATE it when people insist on going into work sick. I don't care if it's just a common cold. There is NO excuse for ANYONE to go into work sick. You are NOT special. We ALL have money problems. We're ALL in the same boat. Don't bring everyone else down just because you're miserable.
Just to add on to this ^

I hate it when people insist that I go into to work sick. I'm not trying to play hooky, if I feel like shit I'm hardly going to be able to function much less live up to the expectations of the company. Speaking of which, it's ridiculous how all these big companies can have such unrealistic expectations of us and we're just expected to go along with it. Seriously, I thought we abolished slavery.

I don't like it when people don't bother to listen to the truth of what you have to say, all because of a label of insanity.

I feel like my credibility is tied only to my mental health. The most terrible thing is that this entire time I have been taking my prescribed meds.

But when I got my gift from God, no one would believe me.

It's like i'm completely one with God and the Holy Spirit. That lets me do a lot of cool things limited only by my faith and imagination. But no one will believe me unless I share the power with them in person I guess because I am quite literally insane. I wish there was a forum where I could share about this gift without fear of ridicule or banning.

Coronavirus and quarantine are bringing out both the best and worst in people recently and my house is unfortunately leaning on the latter, which gets way too much on my nerves. Maybe I'm just antsy from being locked up like everyone else, though. 😓

Like, for one, my dad is constantly switching from one mood to another. He insists on watching the news like a hawk 24/7 and acts very pissy when my mom gets to the TV before him. And when he's watching the news, he harps on about politics. And when he's pissed about politics, he then starts getting into online fights which is only making his temper worse...you get the picture. Point is, he's clearly pissed at the entire situation and can't find an outlet so it's just all over the place. I understand being worried and paranoid about Covid-19, and that more people really should take it seriously. But letting your anger at the situation explode onto your own loved ones is excessive.

Oh yeah, his behavior is bringing up another pet peeve of mine; I hate when people make themselves seem superior to others, looking down on them, and then turn around and pretend like they weren't and they're the downtrodden ones when they're called out negatively for it.
Maybe it's not your political stance, religion, race, or whatever factor it is that's driving people away. Maybe they don't like being around you because you make everyone feel cheap around you. People like this that I've encountered either turn around and play victim or double down and get even worse, and both are just as bad as the other.

Whew. Rant over. Maybe I'm going a little temperamental from the situation myself, but I'm just gonna keep on keeping on. Doesn't do much good to continue being pissed about it so to express your frustration in a healthier way is the best course of action. 😅

I don't like it when people don't bother to listen to the truth of what you have to say, all because of a label of insanity.

I feel like my credibility is tied only to my mental health. The most terrible thing is that this entire time I have been taking my prescribed meds.

But when I got my gift from God, no one would believe me.

It's like i'm completely one with God and the Holy Spirit. That lets me do a lot of cool things limited only by my faith and imagination. But no one will believe me unless I share the power with them in person I guess because I am quite literally insane. I wish there was a forum where I could share about this gift without fear of ridicule or banning.
Why do you care whether people believe you or not? It is not up to them to scrutinize what has happened between you and God nor should you feel like you have to prove anything to them. What happens between you and God is between you and Him.
That's how I feel. It really is no one's business about my religion or how I feel about God. It is something I keep sacred but even if I talked about it I'm too far beyond caring what anyone thought about it if negative. If you yourself feel happy sharing about your relationship go right ahead. If people doubt you or want to try to break you down about it don't pay them any attention.

Why do you care whether people believe you or not? It is not up to them to scrutinize what has happened between you and God nor should you feel like you have to prove anything to them. What happens between you and God is between you and Him.
That's how I feel. It really is no one's business about my religion or how I feel about God. It is something I keep sacred but even if I talked about it I'm too far beyond caring what anyone thought about it if negative. If you yourself feel happy sharing about your relationship go right ahead. If people doubt you or want to try to break you down about it don't pay them any attention.

Makes sense. I just don't want to be the only superpowered being on the planet.

So when people ask me later "How did you get your power?" Or if they are jealous of my gift from God, all I will say is, "I tried to share it with you, but you didn't want to listen."

To be fair, maybe a RP forum wasn't the best place to find people who wanted power to change the world.

I guess I thought with all of the superhero RPs out there, eventually I would find someone who I could share my gift with.

Literally all it takes is to touch a hand written letter, and you don't even have to be a Christian to have the power.

But at this point, I'll stick to my word and just wait on someone who:

1. Believes me.
2. Wants the power to change the world.

It doesn't help that I am quite literally insane. But I guess you'd have to be to be able to use a gift like the one I have to offer.

Makes sense. I just don't want to be the only superpowered being on the planet.

So when people ask me later "How did you get your power?" Or if they are jealous of my gift from God, all I will say is, "I tried to share it with you, but you didn't want to listen."

To be fair, maybe a RP forum wasn't the best place to find people who wanted power to change the world.

I guess I thought with all of the superhero RPs out there, eventually I would find someone who I could share my gift with.

Literally all it takes is to touch a hand written letter, and you don't even have to be a Christian to have the power.

But at this point, I'll stick to my word and just wait on someone who:

1. Believes me.
2. Wants the power to change the world.

It doesn't help that I am quite literally insane. But I guess you'd have to be to be able to use a gift like the one I have to offer.
I see. Well good luck with everything.

I sincerely doubt acting high and mighty about it, taking on an "I told you so" tone to boot, is going to help your case, man. Refer to my other post. If you make people feel cheap like this instead of trying to be at the very least polite about it, how are you ever going to really find people who trusts your words even at just face value? Your talk of trying to be less selfish feels cheap when you then turn around and say things like that.

If you insist on just waiting for that certain person, then be polite. Accepting. If someone asks how you got your power, respond with how you got it. If someone asks to be shared with, share.

The main problem here is that this is a website of roleplayers. Writers. As much as possible, even though we write situations that allow us or our characters to experience situations that would otherwise not happen in real life (or even some that do, for those who like realistic RPs), we try to maintain a dissonance from what we write.

Getting too into character is dangerous after all.

Whatever the case, I don't want to derail the thread, and I'm already boiling alive from the heat in my country. Good luck with whatever you decide to do after this.

I sincerely doubt acting high and mighty about it, taking on an "I told you so" tone to boot, is going to help your case, man. Refer to my other post. If you make people feel cheap like this instead of trying to be at the very least polite about it, how are you ever going to really find people who trusts your words even at just face value? Your talk of trying to be less selfish feels cheap when you then turn around and say things like that.

If you insist on just waiting for that certain person, then be polite. Accepting. If someone asks how you got your power, respond with how you got it. If someone asks to be shared with, share.

The main problem here is that this is a website of roleplayers. Writers. As much as possible, even though we write situations that allow us or our characters to experience situations that would otherwise not happen in real life (or even some that do, for those who like realistic RPs), we try to maintain a dissonance from what we write.

Getting too into character is dangerous after all.

Whatever the case, I don't want to derail the thread, and I'm already boiling alive from the heat in my country. Good luck with whatever you decide to do after this.

To be honest, I've spent my entire life as a selfish person who always gets what he wants. I really do want to change, but I fear that won't happen so easily.

So I won't rely on words anymore. I prove it with my actions and my honesty. Which is still words, isn't it?

All in all, I think "baby steps" applies here as I'm pretty sure i'm subconsciously selfish after years of always getting what I want, I think I also have a sense of entitlement that I don't deserve.

All the more reason why I need someone to help, like you are doing by pointing out my flaws so that I can change and grow as a person.

Coronavirus and quarantine are bringing out both the best and worst in people recently and my house is unfortunately leaning on the latter, which gets way too much on my nerves. Maybe I'm just antsy from being locked up like everyone else, though. 😓

Like, for one, my dad is constantly switching from one mood to another. He insists on watching the news like a hawk 24/7 and acts very pissy when my mom gets to the TV before him. And when he's watching the news, he harps on about politics. And when he's pissed about politics, he then starts getting into online fights which is only making his temper worse...you get the picture. Point is, he's clearly pissed at the entire situation and can't find an outlet so it's just all over the place. I understand being worried and paranoid about Covid-19, and that more people really should take it seriously. But letting your anger at the situation explode onto your own loved ones is excessive.

Oh yeah, his behavior is bringing up another pet peeve of mine; I hate when people make themselves seem superior to others, looking down on them, and then turn around and pretend like they weren't and they're the downtrodden ones when they're called out negatively for it.
Maybe it's not your political stance, religion, race, or whatever factor it is that's driving people away. Maybe they don't like being around you because you make everyone feel cheap around you. People like this that I've encountered either turn around and play victim or double down and get even worse, and both are just as bad as the other.

Whew. Rant over. Maybe I'm going a little temperamental from the situation myself, but I'm just gonna keep on keeping on. Doesn't do much good to continue being pissed about it so to express your frustration in a healthier way is the best course of action. 😅

CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell

Hey there!

I recently saw a YouTube video with a high-ranking member of a submarine and the Top 5 things he did in order to stay sane. Of course, I can't find the video now, but there were two things that stood out to me. 1. Stay involved with the news but know when to take a break lest the anxiety of it all get to you. 2. Have a daily routine and stick to it. Days will turn into weeks and so forth and you'll improve yourself.

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Hey there!

I recently saw a YouTube video with a high-ranking member of a submarine and the Top 5 things he did in order to stay sane. Of course, I can't find the video now, but there were two things that stood out to me. 1. Stay involved with the news but know when to take a break lest the anxiety of it all get to you. 2. Have a daily routine and stick to it. Days will turn into weeks and so forth and you'll improve yourself.

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Haha, maybe I'll go and try tracking down the video myself if I ever find myself in any need of calming down-- it sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for the advice and letting me know! 🙂

Ah! I found it and it's a BBC video I watched recently, not YouTube. Here it is (perhaps your father could benefit from watching it too)?

BBC - Tips in living in isolation on a submarine. =)

Hmmm... for two quick and short pet peeves.

"Good" demons- I just can't stand this contradictions. Demons to me are, by their very nature, pure evil. The idea of a demon is that of a being which rejects all that is good, and even in the greek origin of the word they were evil spirits. I know this doesn't translate into fictional settings, but in the back of my head it always irks me, especially when they then go and have the church opposing them be evil.

"Quality over quantity" comments when people say they prefer shorter posts- This annoys me a lot because it makes it sound like just because someone prefers longer posts, that we disregard quality over it, or that we're asking people to make shitty posts just to meet length quotas. This couldn't be more wrong. Furthermore, it's doubly annoying when it's coming from someone who wants a post per day or multiple posts per day, because rapid-fire posting is of course the epitome of quality, right? Urgh...

Anyways, just two quick things I wanted to get out of my chest here.

"Quality over quantity" comments when people say they prefer shorter posts- This annoys me a lot because it makes it sound like just because someone prefers longer posts, that we disregard quality over it, or that we're asking people to make shitty posts just to meet length quotas. This couldn't be more wrong. Furthermore, it's doubly annoying when it's coming from someone who wants a post per day or multiple posts per day, because rapid-fire posting is of course the epitome of quality, right? Urgh...
Agreed.

When some people think everyone has this magically free schedule to devote entirely to roleplay just because a majority of people are at home. They don't consider maybe people are working remotely or have online classes or families to tend to.

Person with status update: I need someone to talk to.

*Answers status update* Hello.

Person with status update: *Sends a pm* "Hello, do you roleplay?"

"At the moment no, sorry."

*Leaves conversation*

So why bother sending a pm if that's all you wanted to ask?

Tiny thing really;

When the item is more expensive in the one colour that you want!

Seriously, if I want a top in white, cream, ivory, navy or black it'll be £60 for example, but if I want it in pale pink, expect to pay anything from 30 - 60% more. I like pale pink yet it bites into my budget like you would not believe due to this madness.

Yes! It is tiny, but I am certain it is relatable to the great many of those of us out there who pay for their own clothes! =)

Welp, I'm back, because another annoying thing started happening recently.

So I talk to a lot of people over the internet. If they say somethig funny I laugh (obviously). Now that's great and all, unless I'm laughing in front of my mom -.- She's started doing this stupid thing that I think it's better to just show than to explain:

Me: *Laughs at funny joke my internet friend made*
Mom: Ooooh what are you laughing about??
Me: Oh [insert name here] made a funny joke that's all
Mom: Oooh do you like them???
Me: W-what? What do you mean? Like in a friend way?
Mom: No in a love way
Me: Ew no....
Mom: Suure you don't, suuure

That just ruins the whole funny mood for me I dunno. I mean, I haven't ever ever ever had a crush on aanyone and even if I did, I hope i would chose to have a crush on someone I actually knew and not someone that I've only talked to over the internet! Also I laugh a lot so that happens all the time.

Welp, I'm back, because another annoying thing started happening recently.

So I talk to a lot of people over the internet. If they say somethig funny I laugh (obviously). Now that's great and all, unless I'm laughing in front of my mom -.- She's started doing this stupid thing that I think it's better to just show than to explain:

Me: *Laughs at funny joke my internet friend made*
Mom: Ooooh what are you laughing about??
Me: Oh [insert name here] made a funny joke that's all
Mom: Oooh do you like them???
Me: W-what? What do you mean? Like in a friend way?
Mom: No in a love way
Me: Ew no....
Mom: Suure you don't, suuure

That just ruins the whole funny mood for me I dunno. I mean, I haven't ever ever ever had a crush on aanyone and even if I did, I hope i would chose to have a crush on someone I actually knew and not someone that I've only talked to over the internet! Also I laugh a lot so that happens all the time.

Seems weird that she is trying to encourage you to get romantically involved with random internet strangers.

If I was chatting to a young person and their mom was doing that in relation to jokes I made I'd be really disturbed. :/

Being back at home = 100 new pet peeves. Right now the worst is my mom’s phone habits. She YELLS on the phone. I don’t get it. It’s not like she’s old or not tech savvy and thinks they can’t hear. It might be the thing that pushes me over the edge.

1. I hate when people don't push their chairs in. It's not that hard to do. A scoot and a push is all you need.
2. This is a habit of a few folks in my family and some friends, but I cannot stress this enough, if you wanna keep your hands don't put them in my plate! There have been numerous times where a friend would take food from my plate, and I'm just like "Use your words." Seriously, just ask me if you want something and I will give it to you, do not touch my food.
3. When people drink or eat your stuff and don't replace it or replace it with some off brand knock off. Currently have a cousin who'd drink all my Dr. Pepper (and here I am assuming I am the only one who drinks it in this house and thought it would be protected, how wrong was I?) and comes back the next day with some soda called Dr. Thunder. B'scuse me? This isn't my family doctor, so why is he here???
4 . People talking over each other ... lets just have a civil conversation. If you can't here my point of the argument then you're performing a monologue, and in that case I don't need to be here.

That's about it for now. This quarantine really has me frustrated with folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back