Other Tell us about your pet peeves!

I hate when you have that one co-worker who thinks they are the best at their job but is really crap. They nitpick and find fault in everyone else's work except their own.

People violating my personal space.

Ah fair enough, I initially thought this was on the role playing pet peeve post.
It's not in role-playing exclusively, unfortunately. I've had supposed friends lie to my face online (and offline!) only for me to see the forest for the trees later on. It sucks. It hurts. But it's life, I guess.

I hate when you have that one co-worker who thinks they are the best at their job but is really crap. They nitpick and find fault in everyone else's work except their own.

People violating my personal space.
People violating my space makes me violent. Respect my boundaries, its literally all I have.

I remember a thread here a while ago where someone asked people what they were good at writing. Not one person actually answered the question, they all regurgitated the same point about how it's important to be able to write everything well.

If you do this, if you respond to a question with a piece of advice that doesn't actually answer the question, you're an extremely stuck-up and unhelpful person, and I hate you with every fiber of my being. It's not that hard to include a proper answer after your three paragraphs of ego-stroking. And don't even get me started on people wasting a response to back up someone else doing this.

I remember a thread here a while ago where someone asked people what they were good at writing. Not one person actually answered the question, they all regurgitated the same point about how it's important to be able to write everything well.

If you do this, if you respond to a question with a piece of advice that doesn't actually answer the question, you're an extremely stuck-up and unhelpful person, and I hate you with every fiber of my being. It's not that hard to include a proper answer after your three paragraphs of ego-stroking. And don't even get me started on people wasting a response to back up someone else doing this.

The greatest irony involved in this, is that more often than not, they are barely subpar; they're clearly not qualified to speak like they do.

Awesome! He voices characters from a couple of games I played.

Same, weirdly enough I didn't even realize it was the same guy through half of them 😂

The whole "Karen" thing. It was kind of fun for the whole five seconds it was used to describe a certain type of person, but at this point it's devolved into just another blanket insult.

Ohhhhohohoh....
*rubs hands*
*deep breath*

Know-it-all correcting every word you say just for the sake of correcting you.

See I had this best friend a couple of years ago and she basically acted like she was the ultimate, highest authority regarding knowledge about everything.
Thing is, she was wrong with most of those corrections, as they were solely based on what little experiences she had made, all inside her little box.
But Ohh telling her to think outside the box always resulted in her being offended because I had just 'called her selfish'.
Eh?
In the end I could rephrase everything I said in a million ways because she'd get offended by literally everything and everything I said was wrong anyway and when things wouldn't go her way she'd whine and complain until I'd just be too frustrated to keep on discussing.

It all resulted in her being like 'look at me, I have problems, pity me and don't dare have another opinion than me.'

Hey I have no problem helping when someone is having a hard time, not at all. And I have no problem with staying away from someone's triggers in an rp.
We did have an rp going on for about a year and I really liked the characters and everything, but what was left to rp when she suddenly was triggered by literally everything? And I really mean everything.

I ended the rp when she wanted to forbid me to play any male characters because 'trigger' and didn't allow anything happening in the rp that wasn't happy, lovey-dovey throwing-flowers-around.
All she was basically willing to rp in the end was our characters being in love and cuddling and happy literally all the time without ever even having differing opinions.

Differing from each other... Or differing from hers.

Didnt like the outfit of one of my characters?
'He can't wear that, it doesn't suit his style.'
Didnt like the overall appearance of my character?
'He can't look like this, it doesn't suit him.'
You see, one of my main characters had wings.
Now, anatomical correctness is basically impossible as the wingspan and chest muscles a human would need to effectively take off the ground would be way beyond what still looks esthetically okay, but he did have, I'd say, the chest of a professional swimmer.
Well apparently he couldn't have muscles like that because.... Reasons.
I said 'you do know it takes some muscles to move those wings?'
But apparently wings are supported by the shoulder blades.
*puts on glasses*
Yeah sure, bones just move on their own. You don't need muscles to do that at all.
*facepalm*
That was the fifth post in a row she had to comment on... With nothing to support her occasionally cringeworthy misinformation.
Especially those times when she went 'that's so totally wrong but I'll just go with it, haha' drove me up the wall at some point.

Phew... This turned out longer than expected!

So,basically...

Heck don't act like the only way things can ever go is the way you imagine! Think outside your box and don't act like you know absolutely everything a million times better.
Just because you haven't thought of something being a certain way doesn't mean it can't ever be that way.

"Lemme just insert 1x1s here."

"You should really do 1x1s instead."

"Groups are so problematic go to 1x1s."

The topic isn't even about them, why are you excluding people.

Pet Peeves bartender edition
Men calling me baby, sweet heart or doll.
People snapping their fingers at me
People ordering 15 different shots and asking if you can have them out quickly
People whistling at me...wait your turn 50 of you one of me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back