• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie appreciated Will's presence far more than he would ever know. Without him standing at her side, keeping her calm and focus she would have run: packed the Beast, picked up Ash and fled. She did and didn't want to know about her family, about Borseti; though she imagined it was much like Will finding out about his lineage only hours earlier. To know for certain her suspicions of what little memories she had prior to Borseti's fall were true. Her mother and father never really saw eye to eye unless they were hunting. Within the house Malcolm had always retreated to his office to be alone and really only ever spoke to Brody and Douglas. Skye spend most of her time with her mother; watching her train, cook, and just spending quiet time together.

"Is that sort of marriage... common, in the Colonies?"

Not what Mac would have considered asking, not something that even came close to her radar, but now that it was asked she listened with interest as Martha answered.

"Oh goodness no, not in a very long time. Borseti was 'old school', like what you kids always say. They followed old laws and old beliefs, well most of them anyway. They taught their own, no public education like we do here at the school. Their kids were still educated most of the social norms; math reading and the like but from a young age each and every one of them were taught about hunting and killing." The older woman slowly shook her head, turning a sad look to Mac. "At least your mother kept you out of that, if she couldn't keep your brothers."

Mac frowned slightly, there was always something bothering her. "How did if fall? Everyone keeps saying it was so much larger and better than here and yet, it was still over run. I don't understand what could have happened."

"Inside guy." Jon answered simply. "One of the Council members opened the gates and let the evil walk right in."

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley-May smirked as she slipped the clean shirt over his head, helping him tuck it down behind his back and smooth it out so he would be comfortable. "You don't need to shut up." She said quietly, though still didn't look at him directly. She readjusted the sheet over his lap, exposing the bandages on his abdomen, they still looked good so for the time being she would leave them be. "Besides, I think you need the practice; after all that girl you like in the colony isn't going to fall to easy." She smirked, bringing the sheet back up to cover his midsection before dragging the bottom up to expose his legs.

"Being stuck in bed with me; can't be easy to flirt with, after all." She mocked, hands slipping up beneath the sheets to tug at the waist-band of his pants. "Lift. " She instructed, knowing the movement would be little but at least it would give her a sign of how much pain he was in.
Safton Safton

upload_2017-7-8_15-17-12.jpeg
William tensed up at Jon's statement, staring straight ahead. The man didn't sound as if he was simply theorizing -- he sounded sure of himself. Instantly, Will connected the dots between Boresti and Vitae, Chase's report of a Pack infiltrator inside the Colony working against them. History would repeat itself here at Vitae if they didn't track the infiltrator down, whoever they might be.

"Was the inside man ever identified?" Will asked intently. "Any rumors or suspicions?" He knew the likely answer, but felt the need to ask all the same. Any information they could receive that might help them in their hunt was beneficial, allowing them to narrow the net for Adelaide's investigation.

upload_2017-7-8_15-22-17.jpeg
Elijah was somewhat comforted by Ashley-May's answer and tone, though he noted that she seemed unable to hold eye contact with him. He lay still as she moved the sheet up to cover his torso, exposing his legs in the process, presumably to check the gash there. As she did so, she commented about the mystery woman he might be interested in within Vitae.

Elijah raised his eyebrows, taking the bait. "Oh? And what do you know about the girl I fancy, Miss Nightingale?" he asked, attempting to maintain his usual confident, teasing tenor. This was made slightly more difficult by her her next comment, not to mention her hands at his waistband. Even though they had already gone through this the day before with her helping him to dress, things were different now for whatever reason. He did as he was told, lifting himself up with a slight grunt of effort; there was a small flare of pain, though not as severe as he expected. More of the difficulty came from the stiffness in his lethargic muscles rather than the pain itself.

Encouraged by her teasing and intent on testing the limits further despite his best judgement. "That's an interesting choice of words," he remarked wistfully, his mouth curving into a smirk. "I don't believe I've had the pleasure of 'being stuck in bed with you'."

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie was surprised that it had been a Council member that had opened the gates; and she drew the same connections Will did. The same thing could happen here if they didn't figure out who had wanted to leave and the Council was stopping.

Jon and Martha both glanced at each other, both pointedly not looking at Mac directly. "It was Malcolm Cannonach, he opened the gates for the pack to get in, he doomed Borseti." Martha gave a saddened sigh. "Sorry Skye darling, but really you should know. It's why people here have such a hard time with you inside the walls, or at least those of us that know about Borseti. It's just gibberish worry that you'll do what you father did, but Jon and I know better."

Mac was suddenly offended by the thought. Her father was a strict man, a tireless hunter -there couldn't be any way he had been the reason for the fall. "That can't be right," She said, doing her best to keep her voice calm. "Why would Mal- My father do that? You must be mistaken."

Jon slowly shook his head. "Afraid not, he came here, to Vitae after... He had heard we had you and your brothers, Councilmen Jack wanted to bring you all home to stay. He told us himself that he let the pack in, that it was for the best of the colony."

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley-May once more rolled her eyes and gave Eli a huff as he twisted her words around, in his typical fashion. With legs now free, she turned her attention back to cleansing his skin, mostly around the wound sight on his calf; it had worried her the most for infection given how much pant leg had been extracted during surgery and the amount of dirt had been on his skin when she had first cleaned it yesterday. "You know what I mean." She said sourly, but smirked at him none-the-less. "And no, you don't know what a day in bed with me would be like, but some terms used by previous lovers were 'Euphoric Exhaustion.'" She stuck her tongue out at him, turning her eyes back to the task at hand.

"But back to your would be lover. I would guess as she's a hunter," She said, setting the cloth aside and starting to work at peeling back the medical table that held the bandages over the wound sight, being far gentler than the day before. "You would need something like that in common, I would assume; hunting does bond people pretty quickly. But she isn't a legacy hunter; not enough of those around really and all the ones I've met are kinda twisted. I don't think that's your type." She smirked, bandage free she started to slip on her medical gloves readying to clean around the wound once again. "Educated." She said simply. "I have no doubt you've slept with a gaggle of airheads, but if you were to actually interested in someone they would have to have brains and beauty."
Safton Safton

upload_2017-7-8_16-7-13.jpeg
It took William a moment to process what Jon and Martha had said. Malcolm Cannonach. Mac's father. He stared at them, dumbfounded, as they averted their own gazes from Mackenzie. He turned to look at his girlfriend, the shock evident on her face even as Martha proceeded to apologize for being the bearer of such bad news. He couldn't imagine what this was like for Mac, coming to what was supposed to be a relatively carefree cookout only to learn several uncomfortable truths about her family on top of the memories that already haunted her.

Mac spoke her disbelief and Will was able to detect the obvious conflict in her voice, even as she kept a straight face. He said nothing, simply tightening his hold around her shoulders as Jon spoke. The last statement by the Councilman caught his attention, however, and he frowned. "Why? What good did he expect to come from betraying Boresti?" This was all starting to sound very familiar, coinciding with the information Chase had given them. Was Malcolm aware of the First Sin even all those years ago? Was he willing to turn his Colony over to the wolves for what he saw as the greater good?

upload_2017-7-8_16-15-38.jpeg
Elijah was happy to see that his comment didn't seem to have offended Ashley-May as she inspected the wound on his leg. "And no, you don't know what a day in bed with me would be like, but some terms used by previous lovers were 'Euphoric Exhaustion.'" Eli raised his eyebrows at the statement but said nothing, smiling as she stuck her tongue out at him in what he found to be an oddly endearing gesture -- something only Ashley-May could ever hope to pull off, he was sure.

Eli listened intently as she listed off the traits of what she believed to be his ideal match. As she spoke, his green eyes slowly drifted from idly watching her work on his wound. She was right on each count, he decided, his heart swelling with warmth as his eyes came to rest on her own. "You're on the right track," he said quietly, almost hesitantly. He smiled. "Keep going."

fff_zps4rxngdyd.png

Chase held his glass and looked at Emile questioningly, he had assumed it was going to just be food and alcohol. "Do these games require us to be tipsy because that's the path we're going down." Chase mused, at the full cup that was the Alpha's doing. He'd sigh before tipping it towards his mouth, wondering what exactly was in store that needed such circumstances. A part of him already dreading the thought. "Any tips beforehand or are you just going to literally throw me to the wolves once I'm properly intoxicated?" He smirked, then wondered if the phrase would be lost on Emile.​
NanLia NanLia

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie was stunned, listening to the two continue to speak, though she wasn't listening; trying to reach for any indication that he would have done this, that her own father would have let the pack in; too many thing whirled around in her thoughts she missed Williams question entirely.

"Diffey!" A voice called from the group of Councilmen and their families, "Don't keep holding up the man of the hour, let him, and his aide through!" There was a chorus of voices beyond that agreed with the first man's statement. Jon gave William an apologetic smile. "Sorry about that." He smiled, stepping aside for Will and Mac to join the others. "We'll speak again later," This was directed more to Mackenzie, "We'll answer what ever questions you have dear." Martha added.

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley-May smiled as Elijah encouraged her to continue. "Well," She turned back to her work, cautiously leaning around the sutures that kept his wound closed for the moment. It looked decent, no intimidate signs of infection, no swelling or odd discoloration. "I'm dead certain she is a half decent cook," She paused and nodded the pastries, "Not French chef quality, but good enough." She started to recover the wound with fresh bandages. "She's active: likes to go jogging in the mornings when it's quiet. She loves the beach, and surfing, even though she hasn't gone in years." With the bandages replaced she discarded her gloves. She had noted the stiffness in his legs earlier when she had asked him to move. She was thankful to note he didn't seem to be having as much pain as the day before, but she would still give him another dose before bed.

Her training still fresh within her, she never felt like she ever left school to be with Mac, to be a hunter and save lives. How often Mac injured herself, a wonder how she still lived, she continued on treating Eli. Hands started working at the muscles of her upper calf, just below the knee. Slowly kneading the muscles and flesh, working our the stiffness as gently as she could and return proper circulation to his legs. "I think tomorrow we should see about getting you a chair in here," She said almost idly. "So you can sit up properly again, get some muscle movement."
Safton Safton

ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile laughed as Chase's concern with that the games would be. "I know you have played before." He said, taking another long swallow of whiskey. "You were un enfant. A boy. " He motioned with his hand to indicate the height of what a grade schooler would be. "Une stay behind. Cover eyes, and count. Others run. Hide. Then he seek." Emile grinned, suddenly recalling the game. "Seek and go hide." He nodded. "Mais! Not as wolf, as man. No cheat. We wait for dark then play."

He hoped he had Chase understanding what he had meant, this was a long standing tradition not just with the youth of the pack but all of it's members often participate and it wasn't only of occasions like this. At any time the pack could be found amidst a game of hide and seek; it honed the hunting skills and certainly made pack members far more aware of each other's scents and mannerisms. Helped without a doubt for them to work together better.
Crono Crono

upload_2017-7-8_18-53-40.jpeg
William waved away Jon's apology. "Don't worry about it. Thank you for your time, both of you," he said politely, nodding to each of them before gently guiding Mackenzie further into the cul-de-sac, though remaining at the edge of the crowd so as to keep her clear of anyone who might set off her already volatile state. He caught a few disappointed glances in his direction -- likely confused as to why the guest of honor wasn't coming to mingle -- but he ignored them without a second thought. Once they had some small measure of privacy near a set of picnic tables, he released his hold on Mac's shoulder before stepping in front of her in order to block her view of the bulk of the party, allowing her to focus solely on him if she chose. He reached down to clasp her hands in his own before finally speaking in a low tone, "I'm sorry you had to find out like that, Mac. You okay?"

upload_2017-7-8_18-57-53.jpeg
Elijah nodded thoughtfully, not lowering his gaze as Ashley-May continued to list the qualities of this amazing "hypothetical" woman. He committed the information to memory, determined not to forget a single syllable... though there wasn't much chance of that, drugs be damned. As she remarked that the woman in question was active and enjoyed exercise, Eli smiled. "It shows," he said quietly, before quickly adding, "...I would imagine." He wasn't surprised to hear that she was a beach girl -- it fit her, somehow. The person he had in mind was every bit as bright as sunshine and as carefree as the ocean breeze.

As Ashley-May began massaging the muscles of his calf, he couldn't stop the a slight groan that followed -- not of pain, but rather pleased relief as he felt the tension slowly begin to drain from the limb, feeling returning to the appendage, previously numb from lack of use. At Ashley-May's mention of getting him a chair, he nodded. "Sounds good to me," he agreed. Anything to help him get on his feet sooner was fine by him and he trusted Ash's decisions regarding his care completely -- just as much as he would have if Will was the one treating him.

"Thank you," he said suddenly. "I know I've said it before, but... this isn't easy for me: feeling useless. You've made it more than bearable." He smiled. "I'm sure this isn't how you planned to spend your days."

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie followed along beside Will, lost in her thoughts. She couldn't come up with a reason why her father would let the pack in. Even if he thought it were for the best, he thought that Borseti would be better turned to wolves and be with the pack because of the First Sin, she couldn't fathom how he could have condemned the rest of them, his own family, to the Nest. She soon found Will was releasing her and she frowned slightly look up to him as he spoke.

She blinked and then nodded. "I'm fine." There was one thing for certain in Mac's world, no matter what was happening around her, what she was feeling, or what she saw, she could push away the emotions and assess what needed to be done. "We can't ignore them." She gave Will a gentle smile, giving his hand a squeeze. "We learned a lot, and if they know why it'll help more." She needed to push through, there would be plenty of time to deal with the repercussions later.

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley-May paused in her work as she heard Eli's groan, giving a slight wince; she knew she had fallen behind on these duties, she really should have done this yesterday but he had been so tender she didn't want to hurt him further. She waited for him to relax before continuing her work, slowly working down his leg. Blue eyes turned to his as he was once more thanking her for her help, she smiled and even flushed slightly. "It's the least I could do, Eli." She said rather bashfully. Deciding he had enough for one day she returned to the pack bag to find another pair of clean jogging pants for him to wear. Rolling up the legs she carefully slipped them up his body to his hips, once more instructing him to 'lift'.

Pile of laundry now sat in an empty chair, the pastries still on a plate next to his bed and the discarded bandages need to be taken away. She gave a slight huff, but smiled, happy to be busy. "Well really I was supposed to be driving to New Jersey and back, remember?" She laughed a little. "I think this is way more fun than sitting in a car with three strangers for three days." It sounded far more crass than she had meant; really his company was far more preferable than anyone else's she could think of. Eli had been a comfort in a time where she felt lost, confused and alone. Even if he were simply flirting with her to pass the time, it still meant the world to her.
Safton Safton

fff_zps4rxngdyd.png

At the realization that the big game they played was Hide and Seek Chase gave a small choked snort-like noise before getting as close to a giggle as the man could get, which was still decently far. From such a serious conversation to a children's game had caught him off guard. It lasted only a few short seconds before he had collected himself, "I don't mean anything by it, I swear." Chase waved a hand in defense still with an amused look on his face, "It was just the last thing I expected to hear." The man shook his head for a moment in small humored disbelief, "And it's Hide and go Seek, you had it backwards there big guy." It was possibly more surprising that Emile knew that Hide and Seek was a children's game to begin with.

The thought never occurred to him how different it would be, such a game conducted by multiple werewolves. Under the cover of darkness and alcohol in their systems it would make for a rather...different experience to say the least. "Do you all do this regularly?"
NanLia NanLia

"Hide and go Seek." Emile repeated, he hadn't known he was said it in reverse when he spoke. "En Francais c'est cache-cache." He shrugged a little, drinking more of his whiskey. He had been delighted, not offended, by Chase's reaction; he had assumed it would be something along those lines. Chase was asking if the pack did this often and he was nodding, that grin still plastered to his face. "Oui, always." He chuckled, setting his glass down and stretched her large frame along the stairs stretching slightly. "It teach to know pack. To know what your brother do when he run, when he hide. Help you know how to . erm. Find? Where to look for meute in danger." He smiled.

"Et, c'est fun. Some, les amoureux, go off, be alone. Do their best to stay hidden." He gave Chase a playful wink.
Crono Crono

William watched Mackenzie closely
as she answered, nodding slowly as he squeezed her hands. She was right: Jon and Martha's information was more than useful for Mac's closure -- it was valuable to them in the present for potentially dealing with the Pack. With any luck, the Pack were creatures of habit and any pattern that could be determined by the attacks on Boresti and Alliance might help now.

The knowledge that Malcolm may have been the reason behind Boresti's fall and was now serving as the Pack's Beta was concerning and potentially traumatic for Mac... but it was more than they had an hour ago. Unfortunately it didn't help them with the matter of finding the current infiltrator.

"What do you want to do?" he asked. "We can talk to them some more if you want, it's up to you," he said calmly, wanting her to do whatever she felt most comfortable with.

Elijah couldn't help but enjoy the feeling of Ashley's hands against his leg, for more reasons than the fact that it relieved the stiff discomfort in his calf muscles. As much as he hated being doted over like this, he knew it wouldn't do any good to argue with Ash... and he didn't want to give her an excuse to leave.

He stifled a groan of disappointment when she pulled away to fetch a pair of sweatpants for him, leading to another moment of awkward proximity for him as he lifted himself up so she could slip them over his hips. On the bright side, the motion was slightly easier with the restored circulation in his legs.

As Ashley-May remarked that she would rather spend time with him than in a cramped car on one of Brendan's missions, he smiled, cheeks flushing slightly. "Well, for what it's worth, I'm glad you were able to escape that dreaded fate... and I'm glad it was you stuck in here with me." He fiddled with the hem of his sheet. "I'm going to owe you some serious favors when I get out of here, aren't I?"

"Pocket dimensions would only hold for so long against the First Sin. It is an existence that runs counter to creation itself. Hiding will only delay the inevitable.... Malcolm if you wish to believe in your god I won't stop you, but the gods aren't nearly as organized as we should be. Pride runs rampant among us after all. If you could provide any support to me or my Lord Hades we would gratefully accept it. You could say we're the first line of defense." Hypnos explained turning more of his attention to the Kitsune. He knew the werewolves weren't likely the change their tune just because his asked.
NanLia NanLia @Lucien

fff_zps4rxngdyd.png

What Emile said made since, though Chase suspected it might be more about them learning his this time rather than him learning theirs because that would be far too many to keep track of. It wasn't until the Alpha winked at him that Chase caught onto what the other man was saying, the french terms breaking the full translation. "Yeah I get the feeling it's hard to have private moments around all of these heightened senses." Most had tents or trailers unlike Emile's cabin which only worked so well on it's own.

Chase downed some of the whiskey, "And sometimes they want to be found." He shot right back playfully, just before the smell of poppy's caught his nose. Chase turned his head to look out towards the rest of the campground in a moment of confusion, Why in the holy hell would Hypnos be here? It didn't take much scanning with his eyes to catch him and another man he didn't recognize speaking to Malcolm.

Chase had no idea if the god knew about his being an inside man. A small moment of panic at the thought of Hypnos purposefully or accidentally outing him if the god was to spot him. Outwardly Chase kept calm, turning back to Emile with a smile before standing up. "I'm going to get a drink of water, wanna keep a little hydrated." With that he maneuvered around the older man and continued up the steps and into the cabin. As he drew towards the sink to get a cup Chase knew he couldn't hide out in here forever.​
NanLia NanLia

Malcolm wasn't surprised by the Kitsune's reaction to his comment, but he honestly wondered if the other would defy his own god if he were asked to. He sighed as Hypnos requested the packs assistance without actually telling him what he needed; typical of a greek god. "Tell me what you would require of the pack and we will consider if it is something we can do."
LucianGrey7971 LucianGrey7971 St. Boethius St. Boethius

Emile laughed as Chase suggested that some of those couples that wandered off during the game wanted to be found; he had little doubt that that was true. He didn't miss Chase eyeing the Greek God within the camp and the slight nervous scent as he passed him to get water. Emile knew the god was connected to the colony and it made him wonder. The gods presence and Chase's sudden exit could mean either the god could tell them something of their newest member Chase didn't want them to know, or Chase feared the god would tell the colony something. Either way Emile had set into motion what he needed to see if Chase were a spy or not.
Crono Crono

Mackenzie smiled weakly to Will, as much as she wanted to run she knew they needed to be here. If the Council was going to cough up more information it would be here and now while relaxed and drinking. "Let's stay," She said quietly. "Remember free food?" Her attempt at joke falling flat and she knew it. "We need to be present if we want to learn more about what happened. And we need to confirm what Chase told us; did the pack talk to the Council before? Do they know about what's coming?"

Ashley-May smiled at Eli's almost sheepish posture as he commented his appreciation she was the one inside helping him. Nurse him back to health as it were. "Only a couple hundred thousand." She said mockingly. "And I will absolutely turn in those favor cards after the baby is born. I've learned in my many years as a doctor," She coughed and under her breath said 'babysitter' "That newborns can go through upwards of 10 diapers a day." She watched him intently, playful smirk written across her lips.
Safton Safton

upload_2017-7-9_9-42-33.jpeg
William nodded. "All right. In that case, let's go grab some food and be social," he said. "Less it looks like an interrogation, the better. Let them lower their guard." He turned to make his way over to one of the tables piled high with all sorts of grilled and home-cooked food: hot dogs, casseroles, steamed vegetables, and desserts. Will grabbed two plates, handing one to Mackenzie before absentmindedly filling his own with several items before reaching the end of the tables, turning to scan the sea of faces for a potential Councillor that might be receptive to their questions -- preferably one that hadn't voted against him and Mac and was slightly drunk.

upload_2017-7-9_9-42-52.jpeg
Elijah pursed his lips at Ashley-May's promised workload for him once the baby was born. "Ten a day, huh?" he asked, giving her a smirk of his own. "Not exactly the sort of favor I had in mind, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers," he said with a melodramatic sigh. "Fair enough. I'll be your steadfast diaper specialist, it's only fair," Eli said reluctantly, though the smirk never disappeared. After a few moments, he cocked his head. "Have you thought of names, yet?"

Mackenzie followed alone beside Will, this was certainly a first for herself, a party at all that didn't involve fleshing out a supernatural creature and killing it before people started was a new thing for her. Mac collected the items she knew she would eat, absolutely no shame as she ate as they went, finishing off a hot dog before the end of the table. She completely avoided any vegetables or anything that remotely looked like it could contain a vegetable. At the end of the table she paused glancing to Will to see he was surveying the crowd; no doubt he thought he was being covert but he read like he was looking for the weakest link.

Not waiting for Will to make a decision Mac moved around the table of foods and headed for the closest group of people that had enough space for the both of them to sit. Summoning her inner Ash she put on the falsest smile she could muster and took a seat. "Thanks for inviting us." She said cheerily, glancing to Will and patting the seat next to her for him to join.

Ashley-May smiled as Eli came to agree on her terms; she would never make him go through with it. In her experience men were often too squeamish to handle that task. Deciding the linens could wait until Eli was asleep later she reclaimed her chair next to his bed, reaching for the chart to update the notes on his chair.

She peered up from the clipboard in thought to his inquiry. "Not really." She said quietly. "I mean every girl... Mac excluded, has a phase where they pick their future kids names, but it's different now. What do you even name a Nephilim?"
Safton Safton

William stole several glances over his shoulder at Mackenzie as she went down the table, stacking up food -- nothing green, he noted -- and "sampling" more than a little of it before the end. Raising an eyebrow, he shook his head with a smile before turning to survey the crowd.

He was surprised when Mac strode past him to take a seat at the nearest table without a moment's hesitation, flashing a dazzling (and no doubt false) smile as she patted the seat next to her. Will resisted the urge to chuckle, following her lead as he sat down next to her. He slipped an arm over her shoulder, nodding. "Nice to have a break from preparations," he said with a smile. "It's good to see the families out enjoying themselves."

Elijah turned to glance at Ashley-May. "Oh, I don't know. You don't think Mac has considered the subject lately?" He asked with a smirk. The remark about the difficulty in naming a Nephilim brought a frown to his face.

When he spoke, his tone had dropped its lighthearted nature. "Ash. It's not going to be just a Nephilim. It's going to be a child. Your child. A special child to be sure; who knows if life will ever be 'normal'? But you'll make it work, and that means some things don't change... like names."

Elijah smiled, his voice losing its edge. "Come on, let's hear it. I need to know the name of the thing that has sentenced me to an eternity of diaper-filled torment."

Jordan thought on the subject and sighed again, "We Kitsune tend to know how to BREAK seals, so not really... there IS one of us who would know a way to swap seal powerful beings..." Jordan recalled, it had been a long time since he thought about her, "But...."

NanLia NanLia St. Boethius St. Boethius

There were more than a few confused and cautious glances to the two new comers to the table, Brendan had to admire the confidence, real or otherwise, the pair emitted as they joined the crowed. He doubted greatly many of them would receive warm welcomes and even as Will came to sit and offer his gratitude one of the Councilmen stood and walked from the table, leaving behind meal and drink.

"We're glad you decided to come," He said finally breaking the silence at the table. He stood setting two solo cups before the guests and filling each two fingers worth of rum before setting a can a coke between them. "We're sorry Mr. Davenport wasn't able to attend as well but we'll be sure to throw him a dinner once he's up for it." He returned to his seat, noting it seemed like some of the other Councillors seemed to lighten up, nodding their agreement to his statement about Eli.

Mackenzie leaned into Will's side as his arm came over her shoulder, letting a hand fall to rest on his leg above the knee. She appreciate him following suit, it seemed the man took naturally to her whims. Having him near by, playing the role doting boyfriend, helped her remain calm and focused. She smiled to Brendan as he filled their glasses, taking the can and pouring half into her cup before adding the other half to Wills.

"Thanks," She kept up the chipper voice she assumed Ash would sound like. She waited for Brendan to sit once more before speaking. "Will's right, it's nice to see so many people out and about." She winced slightly as her slight Canadian accent turned the last part of her sentence to 'oot and aboot'. "Sorry I haven't had a chance to introduce myself recently, after the injury and Alliance and the crazyness with New York it's been kinda hectic. I'm Mac, she leaned forward offering her hand to the man sitting across from her. He took it awkwardly and shook it. "Andrew McCarthy." Mac wasn't sure who did or didn't vote for her but she continued on. "I'm sure you've met Will at the meetings."

Ashley-May smiled at Eli's suggestion that Mac of all people would be considering baby names. The sudden thought that maybe Mac and Will might have a child too delighted her. However before she could share the nearly overwhelming though she hear Eli's tone change. She felt slightly ashamed of herself for thinking how she had about her own child. She knew she would love and adore it no matter what. "I know." She said quietly emotions running high, she felt like crying suddenly.

He wanted to know what she would have picked out regardless and she answered slightly less enthusiastic than before. "I always wanted to name a girl after my mom: Britney." Voice was quiet. "But I never really ever picked out a name for a boy." She frowned slightly. "I guess I never really thought I would have one."
Safton Safton

upload_2017-7-9_18-55-12.jpeg
William couldn't help but watch as a Councilman fled from the table as if he and Mackenzie were radioactive. Then again, in a manner of speaking, they were. To say that he and Mac -- especially Mac -- were controversial figures in Vitae would be a massive understatement. It was little wonder that certain elements of the Council would seek to distance themselves from the two at all costs. He nodded to Brendan in thanks as the man provided drinks and mentioned Elijah. "Thank you, I'm sure he would have loved to be here."

Feeling Mac's hand on his leg, he ran his thumb along her opposite shoulder where his hand rested, smiling as she prepared his rum & coke. Her chipper side was new for him and an undoubtedly interesting to see, even if it was all an act -- her accent, typically not all that noticeable, was nothing short of adorable. As Mac introduced herself to Councilman McCarthy, he spoke up. "We haven't met formally," he said, nodding to the man politely and shaking his hand in turn. He recognized him as one of the faces present at the gatherings, but hadn't had any sort of true conversation with the man. "Nice to see you, Mister McCarthy. Hoping to enjoy yourself with some time spent away from the politics?" he asked lightheartedly. Picking Councillors at random wasn't the most "clean" way of going about their little investigation, but they had few options and the setting allowed it to seem relatively harmless.

upload_2017-7-9_20-50-46.jpeg
Elijah was initially glad to see that what he said had gotten through to Ashley-May, but it wasn't in the way he intended. He saw the pain in her eyes as she spoke, the usual enthusiasm drained from her voice. He nodded at her choice for a girl's name. "That's a beautiful name," he offered, giving her a reassuring smile in the hopes he could bring back her optimism from moments before. As she admitted that she hadn't given much thought to having a boy, a frown creasing her face, Eli reached out to place a comforting hand on her knee -- the only thing he could reach from his laid-back position. "You've got time, Ash," he said in a hushed tone. "You'll figure it all out. And if you don't, Mac or Will or I will help."

Sheepishly, his eyes flicked down to where his hand rested and he slowly pulled it back. Hoping to change the pace of the conversation, he spoke up quickly, "...But as far as boy names go, I think 'Eli' is quite the strapping name. You know, in case you want to keep an open mind," he said, smirking to show that he was merely joking.

dx0HE3H.jpg

Councilmen McCarthy nodded and shook Will's hand. "Please, Andrew is fine." he said as he returned to his seat, Brendan was seated next to him speaking to his wife quietly, but it was clear he was still paying attention to what was happening at the table. "You enjoying your new place?" He asked the two of them as he returned to his meal, the man sitting next to him looked uncomfortable, Mac noted, she wasn't sure if he was with McCarthy or there separately.

She once more extended her hand and pleasantly said. "Mac," to which the man sneered. "Oh I know who you are." And refused to take her hand. After a moment of silence, and an inner fight with herself she retracted her hand and turned to McCarthy, to answer him. "The house is massive, much bigger than I think Will or I would ever need, but I guess it's good thing our family includes some other hunters. It'll fill up shortly, I'm sure."

The man at McCarthy's side snorted, crossing his arms and glaring. McCarthy turned and leaned towards him. "If you're not happy with current company, dear, maybe you should go and sit at another table?" His voice was a force pleasant. The other man rolling his eyes dramatically with a huff before rising, taking his plate and leaving the table. Once out of earshot he McCarthy turned back to Mac and Will. "He's not really a fan of yours, Mackenzie. He had family at Borseti too, not happy with what happened there and all. You get it."

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley-May was fighting for control, attempting to smile as once more Eli promised that he and the others would help her; she knew this, we was aware but the feeling of dread and foreboding wouldn't leave her. She nodded, forcing a smile as he patted her knee, trying to comfort her. She wanted to laugh as he suggested his own name for the child - should it be a boy but instead only tears rolled down her cheeks. She looked away quickly, shaking her head and wiping at her cheeks. "Sorry." She managed to mumble, before rising and starting to collect the linens to be cleaned. "I'm not sad. I... I just can't control it." She cried between tiny sobs.

With the sheets, towels and his clothing stuffed under one arm and the now cool basin of water in the other she started her retreat for the door. "I'll be back." She murmured as she stepped out into the corridor. She was embarrassed that she lost control, starting with just the tiniest thing; her doubting her own child, had spiraled into a mess of emotions. Fear, Anxiety of what would come, Dread of her fate and that of her child. Only made worse by displaying it in front of someone else.
Safton Safton

upload_2017-7-9_21-57-24.jpeg
William nodded to Andrew's question. "More than you know. It's the nicest place I've stayed in... maybe ever," he said with a chuckle. "The Council was very generous." However, the response to Mac from McCarthy's mystery companion immediately drew Will's attention. He resisted the urge to glower at the man, instead turning to give him a convincingly bemused glance. Still, he was glad to see that Mac took the barely-veiled insult in stride in answering Andrew. She had even called their motley little group a family. He found himself wondering how much of that sentiment was for show; he would never doubt the way she felt about him or Ash -- her actions were proof enough of that -- but he was surprised to hear her say it so openly.

Will frowned at McCarthy's explanation for the man's behavior. "And he thinks that Mac is to blame for that? She was a child at the time," he asked incredulously.

upload_2017-7-10_0-17-45.jpeg
Elijah couldn't keep the look of surprise from his face as Ashley-May broke down in front of him: tears running down her cheeks as she began sobbing. His mind couldn't find the words he wanted as she scrambled for the door with the linens tucked under her arms. "Ash!" he called after her, meekly. He stared at the threshold for several moments, stunned, wondering if what he had said had set her off... or if it was just coming to terms with the circumstances she found herself in: the baby, Heaven, Mur... Regardless, she had fled, probably embarrassed to be seen in her current state. Elijah cursed himself for not knowing what to say or do to comfort her.

Since when do you give up that easily? He mocked himself internally. But... it was true all the same, for better or worse. He knew exactly what needed to be done. Eli threw the blanket from his body, taking several deep breaths before lifting his legs up and off the side of the bed, his body moving one stiff slide at a time. Now for the painful bit. Gritting his teeth, he sat up, lowering his bare feet to the cold tile floor. The pain in his abdomen flared up and he had to bite down a groan of pain before lowering his weight fully onto his legs. This brought another white hot spike, this time from his injured calf. Hissing, he placed one hand on the bed to maintain his balance. His legs shook underneath him, the muscles stiff and unsteady. He lifted each one experimentally before slowly tottering forward, using the walls for support while one arm remained clutched around his bandaged abdomen.

He managed to make it to his door, opening it up and peeking out. The nurse's station was empty, the coast was clear. No Ratchet. Nodding to himself, Eli proceeded out into the corridor, padding slowly alongside the wall, one hand bracing himself against it. He made it halfway to the washroom before losing his balance, one leg stiffening up from sudden use. He collapsed, barely avoiding a nasty fall by allowing his body to slump very ungracefully against the wall with a grunt of pain. Chivalry's difficult work.

Once she's sure everyone's at the party, Ginny sits up, having a rather clear idea of what's going on. The noise keeps waking her, due to her sensitive hearing. Still… now might be a good time to see if she can't hit up the infirmary for some blood bags. She doesn't like stealing, but seeing as the alternatives are targeting people and starvation… not much of a contest.

She gets up, and heads outside, yawning a bit, and running a hand through her mussed hair. Please don't let anyone see me…

Mackenzie gave Will's knee a gentle squeeze after his defensive comment, they needed information and had to play along regardless. She continued her false smile and gave a small laugh as Will defended her.

McCarthy either didn't notice or didn't care about Will's feeling about it. "That's true enough, I guess most of us here see her, and her family, like a bad omen. No offense." He added afterwards. Mac only shrugged as though she weren't offended when truly she was seething. Obviously she wasn't going to get anything from McCarthy or anyone else that felt that way.
Plan B. Mackenzie shifted in her seat slightly towards Will, she leaned in against him and kissed his cheek. "I just remembered something I wanted to ask Jon about the house. I'll be back." With that she gave one last smile to McCarthy collected her plate and cup and headed towards the elderly couple.

Ashley-May chided herself for losing control as she had. She had strode from the room, down the hall and into the back storage where the stacked laundry was kept. She cried and didn't stop herself as she loaded the linens into the wash and set it to run before taking the basin of water to sink to dump, listening to the quiet whirl as the wash started up. She leaned against the counter head in her arms as she willed herself to calm down, to stop.

After some time, she didn't know how long, she settled herself to what she felt was appropriate for public. Inhaling deeply she wiped the tears from her cheeks with the sleeve of her shirt before turning back towards the corridor and Eli's room. She didn't need to get far before she realised something was wrong.

Turning the corner she saw Eli in the hallway, expression pained. "Eli!" She called out as she dashed towards him. She dropped to her knees beside him, one hand squeezing his upper arm whilst the other touched at his abdomen. "What are you doing?!" she demanded from him, a quick assessment told her he didn't look like he had done too much damage to himself but she wouldn't know for sure until she got him back into bed.
Safton Safton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back