• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ariel looked at them, "now that is no way to treat a lady. Especially a helpless one," Ariel responded. "I have no idea who sent me, the place I was before is fairly new to me. I didn't get any names," she told them. "I also told you I have a name and it's Ariel, and I'd put those away if I were you before you hurt yourself. Just because I don't have any powers doesn't mean I cannot fight."

Sydney then said to Ariel," Alright Ariel. You may not know who sent you, but the question I want to know is, where did you come from?" The Frenchman then said to Ariel," Missy, you do not scare me. I am a trained kickboxer and I can beat you into submission."

"Well that question is a little rhetorical isn't it, I come from heaven." Ariel smirked, she wasn't going to let this mortal scare her. "As I said, you would attack a helpless woman. That's not very gentleman like of you, I don't even know the name of the place. I just warped there, and even if I did. I still wouldn't tell you." 

"Well that question is a little rhetorical isn't it, I come from heaven." Ariel smirked, she wasn't going to let this mortal scare her. "As I said, you would attack a helpless woman. That's not very gentleman like of you, I don't even know the name of the place. I just warped there, and even if I did. I still wouldn't tell you." 

Sydney growled at the woman and said as his face grew red," Well then, there is no reason to let you live. I will have you killed in the morning." Sydney then stormed out of the building in anger. The Frenchman then said to her," He is not kidding mademoiselle." The Frenchman, after making sure Ariel's handcuffs were secured, followed Sydney.

Ariel shook her head, she was never going to get out of here. "Damn it, well they will have to screw up somehow." She responded to herself, "if they really are planning on killing me in the morning that's when I'll make my escape."

William resisted the urge to shrink away from Mack's acidic tone. It was absurd; he had at least a foot and 100 pounds on this injured young woman. And yet, her steely gaze she was fixing him with and the force of will behind her words had him wondering if he hadn't been safer taking his chances with the Wolves. Ashley's arrival behind him did little to assuage his worries... not to mention the fact that Elijah had taken the opportunity -- with Mackenzie's attention averted -- to lean back in his chair, arms crossed, a wry smile on his face.

Hendrix planted hands on his hips, clearing his throat. Time to face the music. "You'd find a few liters worth of dried blood, some skull fragments, and brain matter. Along with two .45 caliber shell casings." He paused. "If it's any consolation, at that range I couldn't miss, so there shouldn't be any bullet holes to plug." He quickly added, "Ma'am."

Last edited by a moderator:

SXbaX9C.jpg

Mackenzie's face would pale visibly as William spoke, listed the issues she'd demanded from him.  She was shocked, there were several minutes of her simply starting at William, trying to calculate the damage, but she just couldn't see it, couldn't understand.  "Liters."  She'd whisper, to herself as she turned towards the door, blood on her vintage, original leather seats.  "Skull, brain." She was shaking her head as she left the house, bare feet down the driveway towards her car.  Hands shook as she attempted three times to open the driver-side door without success.  She had to steady herself, palms against the hood and she closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, waiting and when she was composed enough she'd reach down and open the door, exhaling slowly.

It was anguish, a true honest horror scene, there wasn't a part of her front bench seat that wasn't covered in blood, most places it was thick and pooling.  Bloody hand prints decorated nearly every inch of the dash, bloody boot prints along the, thankfully, metal flooring.  She'd sink to her knees, taking it all in, she hadn't bothered to check the exterior, she knew Ashley tend to driver her baby hard and Mac would always have to clean up digs and minor dents, but this was beyond anything that had happened to her baby previously.

Ashley cursed softly, slipping past William to step out on the front steps of the house.  She'd thought that Mackenzie would have been outside cursing and honest-to-goodness flipping out, but instead what she saw was terror, fear.  She'd glance back through the doorway to the two men, uncertain of what to do next.  Angry Mackenzie was easy to handle; she'd blow a fuse and then, eventually, see reason.

William knew better than to try and stop Mackenzie from inspecting the old Ford, as much as the inner medic at him cried out to do just that. He watched from the door as she looked inside, taking it all in, before collapsing. Hendrix rushed from the house, moving to Mack's side, slowing up as he closed the distance. Stopping short, he crossed his arms somberly. Finally, he spoke up, his tone quiet. "I know it's not worth much, but I genuinely am sorry about... this. With the situation last night, we couldn't afford to take chances with your life. I'll do everything I can to help out with the cleanup."

Elijah watched the scene unfold from the house's threshold. His smile was gone as he turned to Ash. "Should we be worried?" he asked quietly.

a9DamUz.jpg

Ashley would turn to glance quickly as Elijah posed the question.  "I have no idea."  She'd reply, "She should be throwing punches.  At the very least yelling."  She could only assume that the torrent of rage and cursing would begin shortly as William made his way towards the car and Mackenzie's side.

Mackenzie heard Williams apology but she'd shake her head slowly. "No," she couldn't pull her eyes from the carnage, but at least she'd found her voice.  "I died."  It was the only way to explain that amount of blood in one place, it couldn't be possible for someone to lose that much blood and be living.  And yet here she was, walking, talking.  Slowly she'd pull her eyes from the car up to Williams, she'd speak softly, so no one else could hear her.  "Did I get bit?"  How else could she have survived?  If she'd been bit and Ashley and the men were covering it up, she couldn't live with herself being one of them, a Monster.  "Or maybe the Reaper did take me....."  She was searching for any explanation.  She'd been injured before, without a doubt, she'd been hospitalized for months once having to be kept for repetitive surgeries, but those injuries didn't compare to what was accounted for in her car.

"You were not bitten. I swear. And you're not dead, either." William's voice was firm. He paused to rub a hand across his jawline, slowly kneeling down next to Mackenzie. His tone was quiet now, almost somber.  I've... I've been where you are now." He reached down to grab the leg of his jeans, rolling it up to expose the prosthesis long enough for Mack to see before covering it again. "I remember what it's like to fall down and know in your heart that you won't be getting back up. To be on the threshold between life and... whatever comes after." He sighed. "I also know what it's like to wake up from all that and not recognize the world you used to know."

SXbaX9C.jpg

Mackenzie was raising her hands to her face, pressing her palms against her eyes, trying to focus.  William knew what she was feeling, understood where she couldn't, but it wasn't settling her.  "I...."  She knew she should thank him, for helping her last night and again now.  She should apologize for being rude, in the kitchen, but she couldn't wipe the image of the car from her mind, couldn't wrap the thought that she was still very much alive and human.  "I need to go lay down."  She'd finally manage to say, too much, she needed to get away.  She'd wanted to get so much done today, get past the issues of the night before and work with the Elders and Council for a sustainable resolution to the coming issue.  But now?  Now couldn't think of anything else.  Slowly, painfully, she'd push herself upwards, using the car door for leverage.  It was painful to move, the sutures in her back pulling as she attempted to lift herself off the ground.

"Here, let me help; you shouldn't even be up," he said, gently reaching out to take hold of Mackenzie and -- with her allowance -- he would lift her from the ground, one arm under her legs and the other at the back of her neck in a bridal carry, making sure to avoid contact with the skin surrounding the wound site. "The last thing we need is you tearing out those sutures. Ash and I worked too hard for that to happen," he remarked, his tone a bit lighter."

James Mitchelsten

After finishing the call he checked all of his protection, and counted the weapons he had brought in from the car. After all that he flopped on one of the beds and just lay there for a while. after about and hour he passed out and about and hour and a half later woke up. After that he flipped on the TV. he watched the news for a bit before flipping to cartoons. He wasn't in the mood to see what those monsters were doing. During that time he also grabbed some leftovers from the mini fridge. He was hungry, and it was meal time anyhow, so it was understandable. He was just bored watching cartoons for a good long while.

SXbaX9C.jpg

Mackenzie was surprised when William not only offered help but then had lifted her into his arms like she weighted nothing.   It was somehow reminiscent, like they'd done this before, but she'd make no comment or protest.  He was making a comment about the sutures, and she'd offer him a tiny smile.  "Thanks."  Things like this were awkward for Mackenzie, her life had been spent hunting, so social interactions with anyone other than those she'd been hunting with were difficult.

Once they made their way inside the clinic the nurse, same from the evening before, was immediately chastising them.  "Well look at this,"  She'd stay, standing from behind her desk, hands on her hips.  "I knew you wouldn't be gone long, Mackenzie, with the injury you have, you shouldn't have left in the first place.'  The nurse was then turning to focus on William.  "And you, letting her walk about like it's no thing."  She was tisking and shaking her head at him.  "Go on, get her back to bed."  She'd wave William off towards where Mackenzie had been the night before, bed still made up as the medics had left it, the nurse was heading off towards the back of the clinic.

hypnos___god_of_sleep_by_surugamonkey-d848njk.jpg

Well the confrontation Hypnos had been banking on for some entertainment didn't really happen. Mackenzie had gotten pretty angry in the beginning, which was a promising start, but once she actually got to the vehicle she took so much pride in she collapsed in sadness and contemplation. Hypnos wanted nothing more than to comfort Mackenzie in that time, but such as his situation was he could nothing but standby and watch. Such had been his position for the last few hundred, if not thousand, of years. It was times like these Hypnos wished he could just ignore Zeus' decree of noninterference with humanity. Sure it was a decree made at the dawn of humanity, but it was still a decree given to him by the king of his pantheon and an extension of God's own will. So Hypnos had watched humanity suffer and writhe in pain for centuries;unable to provide them any comfort from their woes except in their dreams and in their final moments. If Hypnos was being honest with himself seeing them suffer reminded of of how humans cared for pets such as Cats or dogs. He loved them because they were weak and needed him, and once upon a time they loved him for the comfort he spread amongst them.

Will lowered his head like a child being chastised at the nurse's perturbed tirade. Following the woman's direction, Hendrix carried Mackenzie to the designated bed. He gently lowered her down in a way that would allow her to lay on her side, keeping the incisions free and clear. Standing alongside the bed, he smiled. "Not to be presumptuous or anything, but I think I speak for Ashley too when I say 'get your rest this time'." He paused to look around the room, spotting a pitcher of water alongside a small plastic cooler. Walking over, he grabbed a disposable cup, filling it with ice before pouring in the water. 

Carrying it back over to Mackenzie, he set the cup down at her bedside, within arm's reach. "Can I help you with anything else?" he asked.

SXbaX9C.jpg

Mackenzie would settle into the bed, the burning sensation returning to her back, hot stripes of pain from shoulder to hip, she hadn't seen the wounds herself, but she knew they were deep in places, she could feel the twinge in her muscles each time she attempted to move.  The nurse was returning with another small golden liquid bag, the same as the night before.

"At the very least you had the fore-thought to not pull out your IV."  She was coming to Mackenzie's side, re-attaching the saline bag and starting the flow, testing to be certain the vein hadn't collapsed.  Clearly satisfied she'd stop the flow and attach the liquid pain-reliever, starting that bag instead.

Mackenzie kept still, any movement in this position tended to pull harshly on the nerves in her back.  Within a few seconds of the golden liquid reaching her vein she could feel the slight cool tingling sensation work up her arm.  Eyes would close as she sighed, feeling the numbness returning, slowly spreading over her body, and when her eyes reopened her pupils were dilated.

"You can stop calling me ma'am."  She'd say to William as the nurse made her way around the other side of the bed, behind Mackenzie.  She was removing a stethoscope from her scrubs pocket and pressing it to Mackenzie's back, listening carefully.  When the nurse was happy with Mackenzie's slowly heart-rate, a sign that the pain-relievers were doing their job, she'd carefully tug the back of Mackenzie's shirt upwards, wanting to check on the sutures.  "The names Mackenzie or Mac if it's too hard to say."  Words were slurring some as she spoke now.  "Call me bitch for all I care, just not ma'am. I'm no-ones mother, no-ones wife, not a ma'am"  Perhaps conventionally the use of the word ma'am was a sign of respect, but to Mackenzie it was a title she did not deserve.

a9DamUz.jpg

Ashley had watched the affair from the front porch of the house in shock; something was wrong, more than just Mackenzie's injuries, something else must have been affecting the woman's mood to have this sort of reaction to her car being destroyed.  She glanced to Elijah "What was she reading in there?" hoping he would have any sort of answers to help Ashley understand what was happening to Mackenzie.

From the bottom of the driveway came a voice, drawing her attention.  "Hey there!"  A man was approaching, someone she recognized from outside the wall, another hunter; the same that had admitted her (and Elijah) the day before.  The man was approaching, passing Mackenzie's car with a wide berth; he'd seen its contents and looked disturbed.  "Here to let you know Elder Jack has called a Meet.  He wants all his hunters at the mess hall in 'bout an hour."  he would give a grim smile. "If Mackenzie isn't up for the walk, he'll understand."  No one within the colony had heard the results of what happened, beyond the fact that the four hunters had returned and one was severely injured.

William couldn't help but smirk at Mackenzie's drug-addled rant, the words slurred but all the more forceful for it. "Fair enough," he remarked. He surreptitiously glanced over Mackenzie at the nurse, trying to read her facial expression for any clues as to the condition of Mack's injuries. The older woman looked up and saw this and -- in a show of understanding -- gave him a simple nod. Hendrix returned his attention to Mack, relieved. "Mackenzie it is," he said quietly. Without thinking, he reached forward and would gently attempt to take Mack's hand in his own, turning it over palm-side up and pressing his fingers against the bottom of her wrist. He was back in the medical mindset now -- feeling the need to do something, anything -- and figured that checking her pulse in response to the drugs and the stress was the least he could do.

Elijah frowned at Ashley's question, not so much that she had asked it, but rather that he hadn't thought to investigate Mackenzie's reading materials more closely. "I'm not sure," he began, "It looked like research... Hunting research. Let's--" he was cut off as he recognized Bart approaching. It had been less than a day since he'd seen the man, but it seemed like much longer with all that had happened. Listening to the man's message, he nodded. "We'll be there."

SXbaX9C.jpg

Mackenzie watched William's smirk but was confused as to why, she hadn't thought she'd been funny. but before she could ask him he was taking her hand, gently within his own.  Confusion persisted but now her cheeks flushed in embarrassment, dark eyes would continue to watch him, "You want to hold me hand?"  She'd murmur quietly, though unaware she'd spoke out loud.  Hand was turned over and his fingers would press against the inside of her wrist, against old healed scars.  "They don't hurt, not any more."  She didn't understand what he was doing, He would be able to feel the slow steady rhythm of her heart, the drugs were doing as they should, relaxing her heart to keep it from straining while her body healed.  The nurse, satisfied that Mackenzie hadn't injured herself further, would replace the shirt covering her back and pull the sheet up over her.  "She looks good."  She'd comment to William, before leaving the beside to return to her desk at the front of the clinic.

Bart would glance between Elijah and Ashley a moment, clearly he was looking for any sort of update, but when Ashley wouldn't budge, he'd nod.  "Good, I'll make sure the Elders, know.  Good day."  And he'd make his way back down the driveway.  Ashley knew what Elijah was suggesting, "Alright, let's see what she was doing."  And she'd turn back into the house to the kitchen.  She'd immediately sit where Mackenzie had, running her fingers over the mouse pad to wake the laptop up from hibernation.  Around the table were journals left open on the final entry pages, they were written in various languages: English, French, Gaelic and even Latin.  Some were old, old enough that they would be considered historic. "I haven't seen these." Ashley would say, surprised.  She'd close the closest one, the word Boresti inscribed across the front leather cover.

William nodded thankfully to the nurse as she left. He had finished his pulse check, but didn't let go of her hand. His eyes were transfixed by the long-since healed scars that marked her wrist. Rubbing his index finger gently along one of them, he suddenly snapped back to reality. Awkwardly, he lowered her hand back to the bed. "Just wanted to make sure your heart rate was in order," he murmured, before turning to look around the clinic, suddenly feeling somewhat out of place. "You need anything?" he asked tentatively.

Elijah stood over Ashley's shoulder, his eyes furiously scanning the research materials laying before them. He was trying to gain any sort of clue or context that would explain Mackenzie's interest, and its potential importance to the Colony. His gaze snapped to the sound of the book shutting, scrutinizing the leather-bound cover. 

Boresti

Davenport frowned. The word didn't mean anything to him per se, but it jumped at him nonetheless. He lowered his hand, tapping the cover next to the word in question lightly. "Does that mean anything to you by chance?"

a9DamUz.jpg

Mackenzie would eye William, he looked nervous, confused, but she didn't have the mind set to question it.  He asked if she needed anything and her eyes would close slowly.  "No, thank you."  She hadn't wanted to close her eyes, that she knew, but the drugs were making her drowsy and instead of fighting them, she let them slip her into a peaceful sleep.

Ashley would nod slowly.  "This is the colony Mackenzie was talking about, that pack that attacked us, attacked the colony.  That was the message I gave to Brendan when we came back last night."  She was looking over the search that Mackenzie had done online.  "Looks like she was tracking wolf attacks... in Canada?"  Ashley frowned then, she didn't understand why she would be searching that far north for a pack that had attacked them here.  "Look," She'd bring up some of the articles pulled from archives.  "This goes back like thirty years.  What the hell was she looking for?"

William chuckled inwardly as Mackenzie's eyes closed and her consciousness slipped away. Grabbing the folded blanket at the foot of the bed, he draped it over her shoulders before creeping out of the clinic with all the stealth his prosthetic limb permitted him. As he walked back into the fresh air of the foothills that surrounded Vitae, what had distracted him became flooding back. The bag -- Hypnos' "artifacts", whatever they were. There was no help for it; he'd have to gets his hands on them, for safekeeping if nothing else. As for what to tell the others... well, he'd cross that bridge when he came to it.

Elijah raised a hand to his chin, deep in thought. "It seems like Mackenzie knew more about those Purebloods than she let on. If this is right, this Pack has been active for decades. It wiped out Boresti and has left a trail of other bodies in its wake..." he turned to face Ash, expression grim. "And now it's here."

a9DamUz.jpg

Ashley was frowning still as Elijah was piecing together Mackenzie's research.  "That's all well and good," She'd say, leaning back in the chair looking up to him.  "But how would she know about the Borseti Colony?  She told me they were attacked in ninety-two by this pack, would she have heard it from another hunter?"  Ashley would pause, then shake her head. "No, at the Preachers house, she told me she needed to see it for herself.  Needed to see what was inside, like she knew what had happened and needed to confirm it, but if she'd seen what this pack had done before the Preachers. "  Ashley didn't like that Mackenzie had been keeping something from her, she didn't know of Mackenzie's past, not much anyways.  All she knew what that Mackenzie's family were all hunters and they all died on the hunt, nothing more.

Ashley was flicking through some of the articles, looking for anything. "Do you think maybe she's hunted them before?  Or heard from an older hunter?"  She was searching for anything she could to make herself believe that Mackenzie only knew by off chance, some kind of ill fate.  She was worried, "I mean if she knew anything about that other colony, she would have been like.... eight years old when they were attacked, she couldn't have been hunting then, right?"  She would run her hands through her long blond hair, aggravated.  "You think this has to do with Brendan's Meet?"

She would sigh some, slowly rising from the chair.  "I need to get dressed before we go, can't wander around dressed like this."  Even in the least ideal times Ashley prided herself of at least appearing well dressed, even if her world was falling apart around her.

Elijah's face contorted in thought as he considered the information. "I've known her for less than a day, so I couldn't begin to guess at her intentions at the preacher's home. From what you've said, I would can't imagine she only has secondhand knowledge of the Pack. It sounds... closer to home."

Davenport paused then, sighing. The answer was there in front of him, he merely didn't want to acknowledge it. Mackenzie -- even in the brief time he had spent with her -- had all the tells of a child of Hunters, one raised into the lifestyle. A legacy. He shook his head solemnly. It took one to know one. 

"No, I think it's safe to say she wasn't Hunting then. But her family... they may very well have been. And you know how most people get into this business, I imagine?" his tone was impassive as he stared at her, hoping she put together the pieces.

a9DamUz.jpg

Ashley didn't want to acknowledge Elijah's truths but really there was only one way this would go.  "She told me her family were hunters, that they had been her whole life, but she told me she never lived in a Colony before, Vitae was the first."  It bothered her, something about how Brendan and Mackenzie spoke always seemed too familiar.  Brendan was far too old for Mackenzie to had bothered with as a lover before Ashley had become her hunting partner, but he was old enough to be Mackenzie's father. "You think maybe her family had ties with the other colony?  And that's how she knew?  If her parents were hunters and they were talking about it when she was little.... And yes, I know exactly how people get into hunting."  She'd finish rather sarcastically, "If you're not born to it, then something drags you out of the sheep's pen into the night, and if you're luck there is hunter there to stop the monster that has you. Personal experience, speaking."  Mackenzie had been the hunter that save her from her monster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back