• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Elijah glanced at the rear view mirror and was surprised to see Mackenzie stirring, Ashley hastily tending to her. His eyes drifted... to a third figure. A man. He did a double take, confirming what his eyes were seeing. Behind them, Will saw the young man that had seemingly materialized from nowhere inside the truck bed and let out a warning blare from his horn. It took all of Davenport's self-control not to immediately slam on the brakes; instead he merely let off the gas and slowly coasted to a stop on the side of the road, Hendrix following suit behind them.

Eli had leaped from the truck and was coming around the side, katana drawn and gleaming in the moonlight. Will approached soon after, pistol brought to bear on the mysterious young man.

"Who or what are you?" Elijah demanded. In his head, he knew the amount of beings that could manifest themselves inside a moving truck were small -- and few of them would be susceptible to the weapons he and Will were carrying. The grip on his sword tightened as he raised it cautiously.

"Stay down, girls," Hendrix called out to Ash and Mackenzie.

0d8cabe345d35506169fec17fa6d841c.jpg

Still holding Mackenzie's hand in order to numb her pain Hypnos looked upwards at the reasonably wary humans. " I am neither Angel or Demon Ashley... I am a god. My name is Hypnos and I am the God of sleep." As Hypnos spoke the power of his words would have a calming or drowsy effect. " I am trying to help Machenzie in her time of need. I am in no way trying to harm any human..." The last part of the god's sentence trailed off as he yawned. "While I understand your caution should you really have stopped?" Hypnos asked as he heard the howls of the werewolves draw ever closer.

Hypnos turned his head to address the two men. " If you wish to cut down this body than do so and move on. I only want to make sure that Mackenzie is comfortable in her injured state as is my divine purpose." Whether or not his body was cut down the group needed to move before the wolves caught up with them.

Elijab, Eli, please... see that I am no threat. Not any worse than those that Chase us now. If you choose to trust me I can help you keep them at bay." The young looking God pleaded with the humans. 

Last edited by a moderator:

a9DamUz.jpg

The truck had slowed and Mackenzie was cursing quietly.  The howls were drawing closer and she didn't have the strenght to push herself upwards.  She'd give Ashley a swift kick in the shin and immediately regretted her decision as fiery pain lanced through her back.  Mackenzie would groan at her self-inflicted pain and Ashley would sit upwards slowly, she didn't take her eyes off of the 'god', but she'd call back the two men.  "Mac says he's an Ally."  She started, though she still kept her pistol in hand.  "And we need to get to the Colony asap.  She's got a message for Brendan, for one of the Elders.  Something to do with the wolves. "

As though on queue the howls were gaining on them, more wolves would be pouring from the darkness shortly if they didn't move quickly.  Ashley would chance turning herself away from the god to Elijah.  "Let's go, please.  Sort this out back at the Colony."  If the god was speaking the truth, and he was suppressing Mackenzie's pain, then time was running short for her friend.  She knew they wouldn't be far from the gates so she'd glance to Will.  "Call them on the SAT phone?  Tell them we're coming?"

Elijah hesitated, lowering the tip of the sword before looking to Will. Hendrix looked over at Mackenzie before returning his attention to Hypnos. The distant howl of wolves belayed the chance of any further discussion on the subject. With a sigh between clenched teeth, he decocked the HK's hammer before safing it and returning the pistol to its holster. He turned to Elijah. "We can work this out later. She doesn't have that luxury right now." Davenport nodded, wordlessly returning the katana to its sheath and climbing back into the truck and calling for those in the back to hang on while Will returned to the Ford.

As soon as they were underway, Will reached down to the floorboard to retrieve the satellite phone. Not knowing the Colony's contact information, he simply brought up the last call information and redialed the number listed. The call was answered within seconds.

"Vitae Command. Ashley-May, is that you?"

"Negative. This is William Hendrix. I left with another man to retrieve your recon team."

"Right, right. What's their status?" the radio operator's tone was slightly apprehensive.

"They're alive, but Mackenzie was seriously injured. Prep your medical team and relay this information to them. Ready?"

A brief pause. "Go."

When Will spoke, his tone was a clipped albeit clinical monotone, well-practiced over his years as a Special Forces Medic: "Three dorsal incisions of unknown depth originating in the lumbar region and terminating at the acromial. Severe blood loss. Steady pulse and respiration. Intermittent consciousness. QuikClot and Vitamin K administered, along with a field-expedient blood transfusion from a universal donor. Basic wound dressings applied." He allowed a brief moment of silence, listening to the radio operators on the other end scrambling around the tent. "How copy?"

"Good copy on all, William. Our medical staff will be ready. What's your ETA?"

"Ten mikes, give or take." He clenched his jaw before continuing. "We have another situation, though."

"What's that?"

"We've got a pack of wolves on our ass. They've been tracking your scouts ever since the ambush at Alliance and we had a brief contact with them at the rendezvous. By all indications they're still on us. Purebloods, if I had to guess. Unknown strength. You'll want your sentries ready during our approach."

"I'll relay that to the guard captain. Anything else?"

William paused, lowering the sat phone to glance at the mysterious figure who had materialized inside his truck before his eyes. He shook his head before replying. "Nothing that can't wait. Expect us soon. Hendrix out."

"Thank you.... " The God said as he  breathed a sigh of relief once the group laid down their arms and began moving again. He had confidence that he could convince them he meant no harm and in fact wanted to help them. The issue was that Hunters had a deep seated distrust for things not human. Hypnos was prepared for whatever he would happen once he got to the human encampment, which guessing at this speed they were going to make it very soon, he was prepared to even disclose his weaknesses to the humans if it means they could trust him. 

Hypnos smiled down a Mackenzie and gently stroked her head, his power amplifying through her acting much like morphine. " Rest now Mackenzie.... You've performed wonderfully. Rest.... you're friends are safe and will be here when you wake. I swear upon the river styx that no harm will come to them." Hypnos said calmly and softly even as the speeding Ford moved at breakneck speeds trying to escape the pack of werewolves. 

This time when Hypnos created the dream for Mackenzie he looked deeper into her mind to craft a dream he knows would comfort her. Adream where she and her sister were hunting something easy. Perhaps a small nest of vampires or a shape shifter.

Vitae Colony

Once the call was disconnected the operator had messages running to relay the information received from William.  Additional hunters were positioned on the walls, waiting for what they believed would be a final attack on the scouting party.  The guard captain had booted the generators into action and as the party was climbing the hills up to Vitae they would witness the lights lining the outer walls and roadways flicker into life, casting out any darkness; no where for attackers to hide.  As they approached the gates they were being drawn open so the two vehicles would pass through without stopping, and then quickly closed behind them.  Much to everyone's surprise there was no final attack on the scouts, it was as though the wolves had given up their prey.

a9DamUz.jpg

Ashley had been relieved that the men had agreed to move on, though she had hoped the strange man would have left Mackenzie's side, she'd grimaced when he's stroked her hair and spoke soothingly to her, like she were an injured animal.  She was horrified to see Mackenzie slip into a deep slumber, perhaps this man was what he called himself, a god, but to Ashley there was only one True God and every single other was false.

Within the gates of the colony she was pulling the IV from her hand and tucking it with the vitamin K bag next to Mackenzie.  The colonies EMT's were waiting for them and once the truck was stopped they were climbing onto the back to transfer Mackenzie onto a flat board and quickly move her to the 'hospital', yet another building retrofitted to be what it needed.  It had once been the local clinic, renovated to accommodate the growing colonies needs.  Ashley would slide from the back of the truck unsteadily, she had to pause and lean against it's side to regain her balance.  Before she could chase after the EMT's the Elder Mackenzie had spoke of was fast approaching, preventing her from leaving.  "What happened out there?"  Brendan and his two advisers were watching her intently.

She'd finally stand, dizziness fading, "We were ambushed at the Preachers house in Alliance, the wolves were waiting for us.  We killed two of them there before fleeing.  Two more when William and his friend contacted us.  Mackenzie said you would know the pack, she said it was the same pack that killed the Boresti Colony."  She watched Brendan expectantly and was shocked to see him visible pale, his two advisers didn't seem to recognize the information or care, but it worried Ashley how he reacted.  

"What does that mean?"  She'd ask him but he was shaking his head.  "If she said Boresti then she did us all a favor."  He would pause, thinking.  "Come, you'll need your rest, I will fill in everyone in the morning."  He'd step back, letting Ashley move from the truck finally.  "The barracks are full now, no where to sleep there, but there is a vacant house next to the clinic, meant for patients families.  You can stay there."  He was leading her away, but she'd pause to look back at both William and Elijah.  "You two coming?"  They deserved as much rest as she did for risking their lives for her and Mackenzie.

SXbaX9C.jpg

At the crooning words of the slumber god Mackenzie slipped back into the dream world of his choice; she was too weak and too tired to fight the dream any longer, though she was aware of it's falsehood, she'd managed to pass long the required information.  Satisfied enough that if the message was received as she believed it would be, it would save lives in the future,.

As the medics offloaded Mackenzie from the truck, Will walked alongside them. He feverishly updated them on her situation as well as the treatment they'd administered thus far. It was no doubt redundant with the information the radio operator had already passed along -- not to mention the fact that these men and women were professionals -- but William felt responsible for her. While it was true that he hadn't even really "met" her in earnest, that hardly mattered. She had been in his care, his charge, and that was reason enough to do everything he could for her. He made a mental note to check in on her status later on when she got settled before reluctantly taking his leave and returning to where the others had gathered.

Elijah raised his eyebrow at the Elder's offer of lodging, trading glances with Will, who merely shrugged. Better than the barracks, was the unspoken agreement. Davenport turned back to Brennan. "Thank you, Elder. We'll be along shortly." After the others had left, Hendrix lowered the Chevy's tailgate and turned around to take a seat on it. Elijah ducked into the backseat before emerging with two bottled waters in-hand, tossing one to his partner. Will caught it with a grateful nod, twisting off the top and taking a long swig. Scanning their immediate surroundings to ensure they were alone, Hendrix began, "So, our mystery guest..."

Elijah took a sip from his own water, staring off into the distance. "What about him?"

"You heard more than I did. Did you get a chance to get a read on him? On who -- or what -- he is?"

Davenport shrugged. "He said his name was 'Hypnos'." Catching Will's quizzical look, he relented. His own knowledge of mythology was far stronger than the Soldier's. "He's a god -- of sleep and dreams. One of the ancient Greek pantheon, to be exact. The Romans knew him as 'Somnus'. Lived in the Underworld alongside his brother Thanatos, Death incarnate."

Will grunted, setting the bottle aside. "Lovely. Can we trust him?"

Elijah sighed. "I don't know. The lore paints him as quite the humanitarian in comparison to the rest of the pantheon. Compassionate toward people, even helpful on occasion. But you can never be sure with these pagans. The lore isn't always spot-on, especially when it comes to their motivations. A lot has happened in the couple of millennia since they've fallen from favor." He paused before continuing. "That said, Mackenzie seemed to trust him. And he hasn't given us a reason to put him down... yet."

Hendrix nodded, standing up. "Fair enough. Meet you at our new digs."

Davenport frowned. "What are you going to do?"

Will chuckled. "Try to find some gas. I think you burned more fuel in the last six hours than we did on the drive to find this place."

The Englishman threw his hands up defensively. "Oh, excuse me Sergeant. Heaven forbid I drive like there's a pack of bloodthirsty werewolves on our heels. I'd hate to put a scuff on your hulking wagon of testosterone and overcompensation." His mocking tone returned to normal. "I'll grab our essentials from the barracks and bring them over to the house. Try not to spend too long polishing the scratches out. Oh, and for God's sake change your clothes. You've got... red on you."

With that, Elijah turned and made his way to the barracks. William shook his head, returning his attention to completing the task at hand before following along.

Once inside the human settlement Hypnos prepared himself to be taken in, but to his surprise neither Ashley or the two men made any mention of him to this place's leadership. While he was grateful that they didn't turn him over he didn't want to squander this opportunity. He could blend in among the humans for a little while , but this was a camp of hunters, and Hunter of monsters he was not. In fact some hunters would consider him something to be hunted. So Hypnos jumped from the back of the truck and began silently following Ashley and the leadership as they walked. While the men didn't follow immediately he didn't give it too much thought. They would continue being wary of him until they died. 

Hypnos walked beside Ashley and as they were lead away from the truck he said, " Thank you for not mentioning my... sudden appearance. I'll make sure that you're kindness wasn't in vain." With that Hypnos began looking around the camp itself as they walked.

It certainly wasn't the most comforting complex, which was kind of appropriate considering the Spartan way of living that had become quite the norm among the warriors of the human race. Hypnos couldn't help but compare these hunters to the Romans of old. He only hoped that these hunters didn't share the same fate as the Romans.

(gonna add a dream for Mackenzie when I get to my laptop)

a9DamUz.jpg

Ashley would follow the Elder to the clinic and the vacant house that awaited them, wishing the man would move faster.  Turning back to face her the older man would frown,  "I'll have someone bring your things over, later. "  She was still covered in her friends blood, but her concern wasn't cleanliness, it was weather or not Mackenzie was going to make it through the night.  "If you wait out here one of the nurses will come get you when she's resting."  

It was late at night still, but Ashley would nod and watch Brendan walk away.  She'd no intentions of entering that house until she saw Mackenzie alive and well.... or at least alive.  She could do nothing but trust the medics and doctors that the colony housed.  Of course she'd wanted to ask Brendan about the message Mackenzie had her relay; but given their current situation it had slipped her mind.  It was something she would have to remind herself later.

Her bright eyes would turn to Hypnos, a cold expression as he'd followed her to the clinic.  "Mac thinks you're an ally, but I certainly don't."  She'd cross her arms over her chest and watch him.  "Don't think for a second I won't turn you over, I get one hint that you might be up to something, I'll bring down everything I have on you."   She'd no reason to believe that he meant her no harm, the only reason she'd left him alive -if she could even kill him- was because of Mackenzie, but her friend had been dying, and possibly desperate and though this thing called himself a god, Ashley was always bias.  After all she'd spent months as a cross-road's demons meat suit.

Vitae Colony

Brendan had left Ashley and her odd friend to return to the officer's halls, there he met this his advisers.  He did as he promised, sent someone to retrieve Mackenzie's car and move it to the vacant's house drive-way, the messenger telling William to move his truck there too, out of the way of the gates.  "We'll bring around the fuel truck in the morning."  The young man would say as he was pulling open the door of Mackenzie's Ford and nearly retching, he hadn't expected this amount of blood, and was that wolf guts?  He'd leave, only to return a few minutes later with a sheet.  Carefully he'd folded it over the drivers seat before climbing in and starting the car.

The poor kid likely never driven anything but his mother's standard; he'd stall out the car twice before he finally successfully got it into gear, the metal beast lurching forward then stopping suddenly as he slowly and painfully moved the car towards the house.  In stops and fits he'd finally get the beast in the driveway and turn it off.  He'd climb out of the car cursing to himself, why did he want to be a hunter?  And then he'd storm off into the night, no doubt to return to the officer's hall and receive more orders.

Hypnos chuckled and looked down at the ground when Aslhey started to threaten her. " there have only been a handful of times I've ever been a threat to humans, and I would like to keep that trend going. Unlike my brother I see your kind as much more than insignificant apes. I see the beauty and sincerity of you humans." Hypnos said looking back up at Ashley and folding his hands behind his back. " I sincerely hope that I never become your enemy Ashley. If I do I hope you are the one who stops me." Hypnos smiled as he became a bit more relaxed in the Roman reminiscent encampment. " You know what I'm reminded of when I look around this safe haven? I am reminded of the mighty Spartans warriors. They were the best warriors that Greece had to offer, and their culture reflected that.  Your own battle of Thermopylae is coming soon young Spartan, and I hope you are prepared for what's coming."  Hypnos watched for her reaction with concern. He was worried about how well they would fair. Sure they had a few angels and himself now to aid them, but other than that humans were so tragically fragile. They could become sick, became wounded so easily, and their power was tied to their weapons which are limited by ammo and production. 

Within the dream Mackenzie would 'wake' inside her Ford to find herself in front of an run down home in the middle of the woods. If she looked around she would notice Ashley gearing up for combat against vampires. The Father of Dreams decided to give her a rather easy mission to keep her comfortable while her body was being healed.

The Sun was up high in the sky without a cloud in the sky. It was the perfect time for a vampire hunt. Hypnos was sure that it would give Mackenzie comfort, but in case it didn't Hypnos allowed the dream to flux to her subconscious, as dreams had been doing while the God had been asleep for so long.

Will acquiesced to the Colony official's request that he move the truck, bringing it around into a small lot behind the vacant house the Elder had directed the group to. Meanwhile, Elijah had entered the barracks and hastily gathered up what few belongings he and William had left hours ago. He made sure to do a quick inventory and make sure the other Hunters occupying the structure hadn't seen fit to help themselves to the unattended bags. Luckily, none had. He would hate to have a "misunderstanding" with a group of armed Hunters after just entered Elder Brennan's good graces. 

Exiting the barracks with duffel bags under each arm, he spotted the truck behind the house and made his way toward it. As Will stepped out of the driver's seat, Elijah tossed him his bag. "Thanks. Catch you inside." Davenport nodded, turning to make his way toward the front of the house. He inclined his head toward Ashley-May and Hypnos before entering, shutting the door behind him. 

William opened his bag, reaching in to remove a clean shirt and pair of jeans. Standing inside the open door of the truck with the house blocking any view in front of him, he had some small measure of privacy as he stripped out of his blood-soaked clothing and into the new. Reaching down to lace up his boots, his eyes fell on the prosthesis that had replaced the lower half of his left leg. It was nothing but a crafted lump of metal and plastic, but nonetheless a constant reminder of the day his world had gotten so much more complicated. With a sigh, he finished tying his boots and lowered his pant leg to cover up the prosthetic limb. Using what was left of his bottled water along with an old wash rag, he managed to clean the blood from his skin.

Hendrix locked up the truck and tossed the soiled clothes into the truck bed for now. He doubted there would be any salvaging them. The ex-Soldier slowly walked to the front of the house, pausing as he saw Hypnos and Ashley standing a few yards away. With a sigh, he turned away from the building and toward the two of them. "How are you holding up?" he asked evenly.

SXbaX9C.jpg

Mackenzie eye'd the run down house before her, leaning back in the driver-seat she'd sigh and glance to Ashley as the woman was checking her weapons.  "Weren't we just-"  She'd pause as Ashley's eyes met hers.  Mackenzie knew something wasn't right, but she just couldn't place it.  "Be careful." She'd say instead, opening the door to the car and sliding out.  She stretched out with a sigh, it felt like it had been years since she'd late hunt, like something was keeping her retrained.  She'd do as Ashley had been, checking her weapons, sliding her knives free from their sheaths and returning them to make sure they were clear.  There would be no need for guns for this fight, too noisy; they didn't need to bring attention to themselves.

She'd reached behind the drivers seat and pull free her long curved machete, sliding clear it's sheath and tossing it onto the driver's seat before closing up the door.  Ashley looked ready and so they'd advance towards the house slowly.

a9DamUz.jpg

Ashley listened to the god speak of a coming fight, she could only assume he was talking about the pack Mackenzie had been adamant about passing a message on about.  Had he spoken to Mackenzie when she couldn't?  It bothered her to no end that someone else might have been able to provide Mackenzie with comfort, been able to help her ease her pain.  It was one thing if another human with better skill than she had done so but a Monster?  

Ashley remained tense listening to the "god" proclaim that if he were to be ended, he'd hoped it would be her to do it.  Garbage.  Arms remaining crossed over her chest she'd arch a delicate brow and tap a booted foot.  She was about to lay into him a second time when William arrived, forcing her to hold back her spiteful words.  She'd continue to glare at the odd man before her, but she'd answer William as pleasantly as possible.  "As well as expected."  She cursed at herself inwardly, knowing it had come across far more curt than she'd wanted.  She'd inhale deeply, finally looking away from Hypnos and would turn her attention to William,  "I'm good.  Better."   She could see that he'd managed to change into something clean.  She'd get there, eventually.  "I can't thank you enough for coming out for us."  Her temper was fading, she was aware she had a jealous streak when it came to Mackenzie and most days she was able to keep her anger quelled, but the thought of loosing her hunting partner was enough to set her on edge.  "If you two hadn't come when you did...."  She'd trail off, not wanting to acknowledge just how close she was to losing everything.

Hypnos could almost taste Ashley's malice and almost jealousy as he waited for her reply.  However before Ashley could focus her emotions into words the both of them were distracted by the approach of one of the males that had helped Mackenzie and Ashley escape. Turning to regard Hendrix as he approached. The god stayed silent as he asked his question, assuming it was meant for Ashley, and simply looked between the two humans as they conversed. 

Hypnos took a moment and looked closely at Hendrix as he spoke with Ashley. Hendrix was a like a finely tuned machine. A well crafted soldier in the fight against the monsters that roam the earth. If Hendrix had been born in ancient Greece he would have no doubt gained the title of general at this point in his life. The God had high hopes for everyone he had met during his pursuit of comforting Mackenzie. Perhaps these few soldiers would be able to withstand against the tide of monsters that are coming.

When both sisters would draw closer to the house they may or may not notice the 4 vampires that had taken up residence within the run down home, two of which were sleeping upstairs, one in the kitchen, and one taunting the captured humans in the living room. However they would definitely smell the vampires quarry as the vampires kept the kidnapped humans on the ground floor, corpses as well as fresh humans, while the vampires themselves stayed within the second floor. If they were to try and sneak in they would find an unlocked window adjacent to the living room were the fresh humans were being kept. The sisters would also find that the back door that would give access to the kitchen, which connects to the living room, was unlocked.

William didn't balk at Ashley's initial, clipped response. He could hardly blame her; he'd been in the same position she was right now. The "hurry up and wait", wondering if your friend would pull through every waking second and feeling powerless to affect the outcome. Still, he relaxed a little when her tone softened and she thanked him for their arrival. 

"No need. Just doing our job," he paused awkwardly, "such as it is." He smiled. "Besides, you were doing well enough on your own. That blood transfusion... that was good thinking. You an RN? Where did you get your training?"

As he spoke, Will's eyes drifted to the deity eyeing him up. It was a gaze of... appraisal? It made him slightly uneasy, but Hendrix let it go. He wasn't sure what Hypnos' intentions were, but he didn't intend to force the matter prematurely.

a9DamUz.jpg

Mackenzie would signal dream-Ashley to wait while she climbed the front step to the abandoned house slowly.  She'd easily move to the front window to peer within, assessing.  She could see their victims with one keeping guard and through the open doorway a second at the back of the house.  She turned to look at Ashley, flashing a hand gesture the other woman would not and hastily but stealthy make her way around the back of the house.  Mackenzie would ever so slowly open the front door, just enough so the bolt was out of the latch; easy entry, and then wait for Ashley's signal.

Ashley wanted to tell Hypnos to leave, but being the proper raised southern girl she was she couldn't bring herself to do so in front of William.   She was looking for any sort of conversation to initiate but she was exhausted and honestly didn't care to keep her 'guests' entertained, it was a life long habit to constantly entertain those in her company.  She was thankful when a nurse stepped out of the clinic behind her, the nurse looked stunned at first seeing Ashley covered in blood, but Ashley was quick to stop her.  "I'm fine, how's Mac?"  The nurse would offer a smile, "She's doing well, still sleeping.  You can come in and see her."  She'd step aside and hold the door open to allow them passage through.

Mackenzie heard the what she'd been waiting for, Ashley had barreled through the back door of the house, drawing the attention away from the victims.  Mackenzie threw the front door open and charged within, it only took her a couple of second's to reach the vampire in the living room, and oddly the thing didn't move to turn at her presence.  It simply stood there while she swung, machete slicing through it's neck, a perfect decapitation.  She frowned and looked through the doorway to where Ashley stood over her own deceased vampire.  This had hardly been a challenge.

Ashley was quick to accept the Nurse's invitation and she was striding through the doorway into what had once been a waiting room of patients now converted into a recovery ward.  There were a dozen or so beds lining the walls, no curtains to be had between them for privacy, but given there were only two people within the beds, it didn't really matter.  Mackenzie was within on the of the beds, opposite wall the other recovering patient.  She was asleep, as the nurse had said, they'd prompted her up on her side, leaving her back accessible, leaning her against a series of pillow.  She was attached to the usual monitors, oxygen, heartbeat.  Ashley was at her side in a few long steps immediately collecting the chart that hung at the bottom of her bed, reading over the doctors notes.  They'd cleaned her up, as much as she could, no longer covered in blood, dressed in the hospital gown that should tie in the back but had been left opened.  Her red hair was still matted with dried blood, but it had at least been tied back and out of the way.  Upon closer inspection her exposed neck, shoulders back and along her inner arms would reveal a series of old scars; the damage inflicted had been re-occurring over a long length of time, they would look like miss shaped bite marks.  Satisfied with reading the chart, knowing that Mackenzie would pull through she'd return the chart to the clip hanging off the bed and move to kneel next to Mackenzie's face.  "Mac?"  She'd reach up and give her friends hand a squeeze.

Mackenzie and dream Ashley had started making their way up the stairs, after telling the all too calm civilians to remain silent until they cleared the house.  Part way up the stairs she heard her name whispered, she'd frown and glance back to Ashley, whom still said nothing, only watched her with those bright blue eyes.  She was turning back to the stair, intent on finishing this hunt when her hand tingled, burned with heat.  She'd hiss and drop her machete in surprise.

Mackenzie was stirring within the bed, encouraging Ashley to squeeze her hand harder.  "Hey Mac.  It's me, you're okay."  Ashley would add her other hand to Mackenzie's, holding firm.  A moment later Mackenzie's dark eyes would flash opened, a vision of panic the injured woman was immediately trying to push herself upwards until the pain rippled through her back, bringing her back to reality.  A dream, that damned god.  With a groan she'd relax back onto the bed in the position she'd been in previously, "We made it."  She'd say hoarsely, she honestly didn't think she was going to live.

All things considered everything was looking pretty awkward between the three of them. Hypnos would have gladly participated in the conversation, but he could still feel how angry Ashley was with his presence. So instead of pushing his luck he simply listened to William and Ashley speak while he waited for the good news. Thankfully the god didn't need to wait in awkward silence for too long as they were just beginning to talk about Ashley's medical proficiency a nurse came out to give the good news they had been waiting for.

As Ashley followed the nurse to go check on her sister Hypnos looked to William, " do you plan on following her as well?" He asked before walking after Ashley as she walked. He wanted to see for himself how well she was doing. 

By the time Hypnos had gotten there Mackenzie was just beginning to stiir from her dream. So Hypnos stood at the foot of her bed and waited for her to realize his presence. He wanted nothing more than to be at her side like Ashley was, but Hypnos figured neither of the sisters would appreciate him being so close to Ashley at the moment so he stayed where he was.  " I hope the dream this time wasn't too easy. I didn't want you to have too tough of a go at them. " 

Will couldn't help but crack a smile of relief as the nurse appeared and informed them that Mackenzie was in stable condition. He watched Ashley go, rubbing a hand across his face as the pent-up tension of the last several hours slowly drained from his muscles. He considered following her in, but decided against it. As much as he would like to personally lay eyes on Mackenzie and make sure she was beyond the worst of it, Hendrix figured they deserved some time alone. He wasn't sure what their relation was to one another, but they seemed close.

As if reading his mind, Hypnos asked him whether he intended on following Ashley. Will shook his head. "No. I'll give them some time. I'm just glad she made it through."

With that, Hendrix gave the god a hesitant farewell nod before turning on his heel to make his way to the vacant house. He found Elijah inside what seemed to be a living room of sorts, lounging in a leather chair that looked comfortable albeit so old that it might as well have been classified as an archaeological find. He had a knife in one hand, idly twirling it around atop a wooden end table. "Making yourself comfortable, I see?"

Davenport's eyes flicked to him. "'Comfortable' would be a stretch, but yes, I'm settling in. Any word on Mackenzie?"

Will nodded. "She's in stable condition. Ashley's in there with her right now."

Elijah raised his eyebrows. "I'm surprised you're not hovering over your 'patient' as we speak."

Hendrix shrugged. "Figured they deserved some time of their own. I'm gonna go get cleaned up."

a9DamUz.jpg

Mackenzie's hand would return Ashley's squeeze and Ashley would laugh.  "Yeah, we made it."  Ashley was so relieved to see Mackenzie not only away, but clearly speaking.  "I told Brendan what you wanted.  He looked worried."  She'd continue, she wanted to know more.  "What's going on Mac?"  But Mackenzie would only offer a quick smile.  "Nothing to worry about for now.  He'll handle it, we're done."  It was a lie, just a small one, she didn't want Ashley to worry any more than she already had.  Mackenzie's  eyes would shift to the bottom of her bed, the god Hypnos waited.  "And as for you," She'd start.  "No more dreams please, they're....."  She paused, but couldn't come up with a word.  "It's just.   It's just weird waking up from them.  Okay?"  She'd sigh softly shaking her head.  "Thank you for your help, I don't think I would have been here if you hadn't intervened."

Ashley was glancing back towards the doorway, looking for William, but clearly the man had decided to take his leave.  "There were others."  She'd tell Mackenzie.  "Two hunters came to help us get home tonight too.   William and Elijah, if they hadn't come I wouldn't have been able to stop the bleeding."  At this she winced and Mackenzie frowned at her.  "What?"  Ashley would sheepishly glance at her prone friend, now was a good time to tell her, she couldn't get out of bed.  "Well.  The Ford is a little, messy."  She'd start, and smile more as she could she the wheels in Mackenzie's head starting to turn.  "A lot of blood, from you.  And a wolf that William shot....." She'd trail off but Mackenzie understood what she'd meant.

"I'm sorry did you just say someone else was driving my car?"  Mackenzie was now contemplating leaving to just go see for herself what remained of her Beauty, but the nurse was returning with a small bag of tinted yellow liquid.  The nurse was stepping past Ashley to add the bag to the others that hung next to Mackenzie's bed, inserting the end of the length of tubing into one of the IV's ports, "She may fall asleep on you now, giving her some pain-revilers so she rests tonight."  For this Ashley was thankful, knowing Mackenzie wasn't about to hunt down William and question him.  She'd stand, smiling down at Mackenzie.  "Get some sleep, I'll come back in the morning."  Mackenzie would frown some watching Ashley start to leave but otherwise she wouldn't move.

As Ashley was leaving the clinic Brendan and his adviser were stepping in, coming to find Mackenzie.  A short glance towards Hypnos Brendan would offer a slight smile, and then politely ask, "Would you mind stepping out, sir?  We need to speak to Mackenzie about her message."  He wouldn't wait for Hypnos to answer, expecting his request to be honored, he was moving to take a seat on the bed across from Mackenzie, the three immediately delving into what questions they'd come up with during their meeting.

Ashley would walk the short distance to the house set aside for herself and the other hunters, she'd stop briefly at the car removing her dufflebag and Mackenzie's from the bed before stepping into the house.  She was still sticky with Mackenzie's drying blood and she wanted nothing more than to stand under a hot shower. 

Hypnos smiled as Mackenzie addressed him and his dreams. He had wanted to tell her that all dreams were a product of him. Just that the more recent ones he had been giving her were deliberate creations. That usually his children the Oneiroi or dreams were sent to all things as empty shells from which they took shape based on the subconscious, but just as he was about to go on his rather long winded explanation on the nature of dreams she was given drugs that would put her under and cage her from him. Sleep induced by drugs was not true sleep. It was simply a dampening of the mind to allow the body to heal more quickly. So at the very least she would get her request of not having another dream.

As Mackenzie or 'Mac' as her sister affectionately called her began to be fed the concoction of drugs a man entered, and from what the god could tell a very important man. As not even 5 seconds was this man in the room he had issued Hypnos an order and then went on with his business fully expecting the God to comply. Now Hypnos wasn't usually a deity that felt he was superior to humans, but he couldn't help to feel somewhat offended by his complete dismissal. Well now Hypnos had a choice. Would he stay sighting he knows about the message which would potentially out him as something not human, or abide by the man's wish and leave preserving the facade? The God watched as Brendon took his seat already getting into the discussion when Hypnos made his decision.

"Very well. I hope you have a productive chat." Hypnos said doing a small nod to Mackenzie before stepping out of the room. Once outside the God decided he would wander about the camp, hands clutching the bag of artifacts he had brought with him from Erebos. He had a feeling he was going to be needed them soon. As he walked about the camp he noticed the presence of angels among them and decided to seek them out. After all, they all had the same father. They should work together to help the humans no?

William turned the shower handle suspiciously, watching as water came cascading obediently down. He extended a hand into the stream, somewhat surprised to see that the water was quite warm. He had learned to live without creature comforts long ago, but to see that Vitae had several luxuries was a relief nonetheless. Using both arms, William leveraged himself into the shower; he had already removed the prosthesis. After a brisk shower to clean away the blood, sweat, and grime of the day, he exited the shower, he didn't bother with a shirt, merely putting on the new pair of jeans and reattaching the leg. He paused to give himself a critical glance in the bathroom mirror, wiping away the condensation that had gathered on the glass surface. 

Will did this frequently, at whatever hole-in-the-wall motel he and Elijah were staying at. He was never quite sure what he expected to see. It had started with the nightmares after he'd gotten home from Afghanistan for the final time. He often relived the firefight, of course. The death, the killing. The screams of his friends. But the nightmares that truly shook him to his core started out normal -- boring, even. A routine day. Until he saw his own reflection in a pane of glass or a puddle of water... with black eyes. He usually woke up soon after, often hobbling to the bathroom to turn on the light and stare at himself in the mirror just as he was now. He had told the psychiatrists at the V.A. about the dreams, but they gave him little more than empty reassurances that it was merely a symptom of the PTSD. Eventually William stopped bothering altogether, even when the dreams stopped being dreams and instead began manifesting during his waking hours. Luckily those days were behind him... and yet here he was.

Hendrix sighed, shaking his head to clear his thoughts. Running a hand along his beard, he reluctantly decided a shave was in order. Something to get his mind straight, in any case. He felt around inside his toiletries bag, coming out with a cheap disposable razor that had apparently snapped in half during the confusion. With a sigh, he opened the door to the bathroom and made his way -- shirtless and barefoot -- into the front of the house to track down another razor from his bag.

a9DamUz.jpg

The home was small, but far larger than the car she'd been living in with and out of Mackenzie over the past five or so years, it was mildly decorated with what she would assume an elderly couple would collect.  Odd trinkets and little bobbles that had tiny displays that stated what state and/or city they were from.  The front entry of the house lead immediately into a galley kitchen and breakfast nook on the left, to the right a mud-room like area for coats and boots.  There she'd discard her boots, and dropped Mackenzie's duffel with the intent on bringing her clothes in the morning; bringing anything now would result in Mackenzie deciding she was healed enough to leave the clinic, and Ashley didn't want that.

She'd sling her own pack over her shoulder and make her way down the hall to what looked like a living or family room, the house was only one-story so she could only assume the bedrooms and bathroom would be at the back of the house.   Within the living room she'd spot Elijah and give him faint smile, "Hey,"  Once more she was looking around the house at the random decorations, and even pictures that had been left behind.  "This is weird."  She'd say, eyes traveling back to the man in the chair.  "Like being at my grandmothers house," She'd pause and glance towards the kitchen, "Except no one is cooking me food."  

She'd shrug off the faint memories of a life she'd once had her thoughts interrupted as William appeared from somewhere further back of the house, shirtless, and Ashley couldn't help but take note of his prosthetic foot, she was actually surprised given how well the man moved it must have been a very old injury.  "Glad to see there's a shower here, any hot water left?"

Vitae colony was quiet, most of it's residents slumbering contently within the homes, beds or bunks unaware of the events that had occurred earlier this evening, shops and supplier were 'closed'; anyone could still access the ware that were left out, but for anything specific you would need to wake the home owners to search inventory.  The furnaces were all cooled, no noise from the shops, only the added security now wandered the streets, patrolling the dark night, additional sentry's had been placed along the walls, and added measure to ensure the pack that had been hunting their hunters earlier would not attack unseen.  Those that did remain up were part of the command tent, they'd relieved the earlier staff, and continued on manning the radios and satellite phones tracking their outlaying hunters and any potential threats.  Any angels on site were hesitant to assist the Colony fully, most were here out of curiosity, some offered slight assistance by delivering information the colony might not otherwise have received, or doing reconnaissance for them, thus far no angel had provided any assistance in the fight against the darkness.

Brendan and his advisers would spend a great length of time speaking with Mackenzie, even as the drugs made her drowsy; drifting off at times.  Eventually Brendan would have enough information, enough to decide how to move forward and he'd usher the other two from the clinic to let Mackenzie finally sleep.

As the encampment fell into slumber Hypnos could feel his own power increasing greatly. Feeding off of the dreams of the humans to increase his own power. The night was the only time Hypnos could be active so he didn't want to waste time. He needed to make sure he did something to protect Vitae in his own way. 

It seemed that the angels weren't really participating in the defense of Vitae. Not that he didn't understand the sentiment,  but this place was practically going to be the last strong hold for humanity when the darkness began making its move. So Hypnos abandoned his search for the angels and moved to the edge of the Vitae. The God pulled out one of his artifacts from his pack, his staff more specifically. Looking around himself to make sure he was out of sight Hypnos began using his staff to draw special wards that once completed around the settlement would cause enemies to experience intense drowsiness until they were forced to fall into slumber. From there Hypnos could torment the enemy with nightmares.

This drawing of wards would take a vast majority of his godly power, but the upside would be that he would be sleeping during the day to recover himself. At least he hoped the humans would leave him be during the day. He could always claim narcolepsy as a way to recover should he still be required to do something during the day.

Elijah offered Ash a smile as she entered, lowering the book he held. "Yes, it's... cozy," he remarked noncommittally. "An improvement over the motels William insists on staying at, in any case." His smile took on a wry nature. "As far as the cooking goes, don't get any ideas. I'm no five-star chef and, well... I don't think Sarge recognizes any food group that doesn't come in a wrapper." 

As if on cue, William entered the living room and stopped in his tracks upon seeing Ashley. The self-consciousness that followed wasn't due to his lack of shirt so much as the fact that he saw her eyes flick to his prosthesis. It was a stupid thing to be embarrassed about -- and to expect that others wouldn't discover -- but old habits died hard. Regaining his composure, Hendrix smiled. "Don't worry. There's plenty left. After the day you've had, you deserve it."

a9DamUz.jpg

She'd laugh some, for the first time starting to relax, truly relax, since they'd got back to the colony.  "Thanks again, both of you, I'm sure Mac will say the same thing, but we can't ever repay you for doing what you did.  Neither of us would have made it."  She knew that if they hadn't come to their rescue she would have stopped to try and help Mackenzie, as she had, and the two of them would be dead, or turned.  She'd shift uncomfortably for a moment at the thought of herself being stupid, she knew Mackenzie would give her grief tomorrow.  She'd nod down the hall towards the bedrooms.  "Let me know when the shower's free."  And she'd continue on her way down the hall towards the back of the house.  She'd cautiously push open a door and search for gear, seeing nothing she'd step inside and immediately start digging though her duffel in search of clean-ish clothing to wear after her shower.

Hypnos very slowly made his way around the perimeter of the colony. As he did so he pulled more and more power from the unconscious minds of the sleeping mortals. The more power he pulled from them the more he corrupted their dreams, twisting them into horrific nightmares seemingly prophesing the darkness' assault on the colony.  While the God didn't want to cause any undue harm and stress to the humans, but he needed all the power he could muster with these wards. Even then he wasn't sure they would work against everything they may fight  against. 

Wiping his brow with a heavy sigh Hypnos looked up from his work into the darkness of the night. It was the only solice Hypnos could take in the human world. Whenever he looked up at the starry sky he was reminded of his mother Nyx. Exhaling deeply Hypnos returned to drawing his wards only a fourth of the way done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back