• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
James Michealsten

James was sitting in the Motel room he and his brother had been using. It had been a week now, and he felt now would be a good time to use his brother's phone because as far a he knew the 2 shapeshifters hadn't found him yet, the problem was he had to stay inside to avoid being seen, deny anyone from coming in, and his brothers car was a giant beacon to the one who had seen it. He picked up the cell phone and started calling all the numbers his brother had in it. Eventually he would hit a number of someone who picked up. "Come on... come on!" he mumbled as the phone rang, hoping someone would pick up, it was the tenth number so far.

@ any one who will pick up. your choice. otherwise i'll just target someone ^w^

Will and Elijah were both silent in response to the thanks, more out of an awkward search for a response than humbleness. Finally, Elijah replied, "Not a problem. I'm sure you and Mackenzie would have done the same in our position." He took on a slightly more grim tone, adding, "Hunters need to look out for one another -- now most of all."

Hendrix nodded somberly as the moment passed. "I'll just be a moment in there." With that, he hastily moved across the living room to rummage through his bag for an extra razor, retrieving it and practically fleeing from the room as Elijah watched him bemusedly. Will made his way back to the bathroom, hastily trimming his beard -- just water, no shaving cream -- before getting dressed. Grabbing his things, he left the bathroom and slowly approached the door to the room Ash had entered. Rapping twice on the threshold, he called out, "All yours, Ash." Next on the to-do list was finding a room; who knew how long they'd be staying here?

Meanwhile, Elijah had set the tomes aside in favor of something a bit more modern: a tablet. He was searching feverishly through various compiled sources, all related to one subject: Hypnos. Little if any of the information was enlightening or indeed particularly knew to him, but he couldn't shake the uneasiness that he'd felt about the deity's presence. If nothing else, the research would set his mind at ease.

a9DamUz.jpg

Given the all clear Ashley would bring the clean set of clothing and her toiletries to the washroom.  She'd close and lock the door before regarding herself in the mirror, it was a rather grim sight, certainly for one that took a great deal of card of her appearance.  Blood, now darkened to a dirt-brown, caked her otherwise golden-blond hair, it was smeared on her forehead, along her right ear.  How had she not sent people screaming?  She'd quickly look over her clothing, it was certainly in-salvageable so as she stripped she'd just toss it haphazardly onto the floor.

Shower would be turned on and she was delighted to find she could get it's temperature to the near scalding measure she needed; the only way to feel clean again.  Stepping in to the tub beneath the hot water she couldn't help but sigh with delight.  Three days in the car outside the colonies walls, a week on the road before that.  She'd bathed, as best you could with bottled water, but this was bliss.  She'd press her forearms against the shower wall, closing her eyes and simply standing letting the water flow over her, it was meditative.  She didn't know how long she stood there, but once the tension was revealed she'd wash out her long hair until she was satisfied no blood remained.  

Shower turned off she'd step out and wrap a towel around herself, always pausing to check her protective tattoo, a comfort to know that demon couldn't come back.  When she'd first gone to have it tattooed, with Mackenzie, she'd thought she'd just return to her normal life, and having a tattoo somewhere  blatant that looked at Paganistic as this one did, would not do well for the third year Colombia medical student.  She was going to be a doctor, more-so she'd wanted to be part of the emergency room, trauma surgeon and having a flaming pentagram on your shoulder just wouldn't be professional.  She'd opted to have it done on her inner thigh, less likely to be seen unless with someone intimate.  Clearly the placing meant nothing now that she had adopted the hunter lifestyle.

She'd dress in what she typically wore to bed: her bright blue yoga pants that read Colombia across the backside and College of Physicians in white down the leg and a grey Excitable Boy album t-shirt she'd stolen from Mackenzie and never returned.  After hanging her towel and brushing her teeth she'd collect the soiled clothing in a ball and make her way back through the house towards the kitchen where she would search the cupboards for a plastic bag, or garbage bag to dispose her clothes within.

0d8cabe345d35506169fec17fa6d841c.jpg

After several hours of working into the night Hypnos let out a deep sigh of relief when he connected the last ward with the first one. With the circle of wards complete they glowed faintly with power as if etching themselves in the earth itself before disappearing from view. " Whew glad that's finally done..." It was about then that Hypnos sniffed himself. " Ugh ... I need a bath. " The God muttered to himself as he stashed his staff within his pack and made his way towards a house with one if the few hunters still awake. 

He had no way of knowing that  the three people inside the home were Ashley and the two guys as he had been keeping his powers wraps to avoid suspicion. So Hypnos did what he would do if he was going to bother anyone. He knocked on the door and straightened his formal attire as he waited. He planned to talk his way in and bum some resources off the occupants for the night, then repay them with pleasant dreams.  

It was the best the God could offer the mortals, or maybe he could just put them to sleep as soon as they opened the door. Either way Hypnos patiently waited for someone to answer the door.

As he waited Hypnos' mind wandered to his family. To the other gods of the greek pantheon. He wondered how the others were doing amongst all of this tragedy. He knew the major gods such as his uncle Zeus or Poseidon were nothing but shadows of their former selves. Being tossed away by the humans had made them bitter towards humanity. Causing storms and earthquakes to occur much more frequently. The gods had all but abandoned their roles given to them by God himself, and now the gods had begun occupying themselves by causing harm to humans. It was because of their harshness that the hunters sought to wipe them out. He only hoped that through kindness and compassion he could prove to the humans that not all gods were evil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will went about inspecting the rooms, wearing what passed for sleepwear: black sweatpants and a grey tee shirt with "ARMY" printed across the center.  The shirt had been with him since his enlisted days. As small as the house was, it didn't take long to find a room that would suit his purposes. It was cramped, but held two single twin-size beds in opposite corners along with a large dresser, but was otherwise sparsely furnished. He wouldn't have been surprised to learn that this was a guest room at one time. He wasn't surprised to see Elijah's bag already sitting atop one of the beds, the younger man apparently having already staked his claim while Will was outside.

Elijah lowered the tablet out of frustration, rubbing his eyes. He was beginning to think the research wouldn't bear much fruit. Hypnos would remain a relative enigma in defiance of Wikipedia's intervention... for now. Davenport's eyes flicked to the front door as he heard a knock. Standing up, he approached the door and unlocked it, slowly opening it and peeking out from the side. It would be a lie to say that he expected what he saw, but somehow it wasn't a total surprise, either. A Greek god in his Sunday Best, patiently standing at the threshold like a door-to-door salesman... and Davenport was intent on treating him with all the same suspicion he would an unscrupulous salesman at that. 

Swinging the door open wider, Eli nodded politely to the deity. "Evening." Despite outward appearances, his muscles became more than a little tense. He wasn't sure if the karambit sheathed at the small of his back would do more than inconvenience a pagan god if it came down to it, but its presence was comfort nonetheless. 

Hypnos was brought back from his thoughts by the sound of the door opening. Much to his surprise it wasn't a stranger who opened the door, but someone he knew. Someone he already considered to be a friend, though he considered all humans friends. A warm smile settled on the deity's face as he regarded his friend. " Good evening Elijah. Beautiful night isn't it?" Hypnos said taking a moment to gaze up at the full moon.

" Did you know that some ancient Greek scholars believed that werewolves were created by Artemis to aid in her perpetual hunt? It us said that she cursed a man who had spied on the goddess into a horrid beast that from then on she used to hunt. However as she fell from power as all we gods did she lost control of the beast and it began spreading the curse to others." Hypnos explain while looking at the moon.

After a moment of silence the God of sleep looked back to his mortal friend and smiled, " Though I don't actually remember what happened. I wasn't very well acquainted with Artemis. I was mostly sleeping until Hera summoned me for one of her ridiculous requests." Hypnos said with a tinge of uncharacteristic anger that was quickly followed up with a short chuckle, " But listen to me ramble on and on when I know how tired you are.  Straight to the point then, Could I use your facilities for the night? I just finished crafting a... fairly powerful barrier around the colony and I'd like the wash up before the sun rises and I'm forced to sleep the day away." Hypnos said adjusting his pack that was slung over his shoulder. His the point of his staff poked out from the inside of the bag, but after some adjusting it disappeared within.

a9DamUz.jpg

Finding what she needed Ashley stuffed her ruined clothing into a small plastic bag and tied the top closed.  The day had been exhausting and tomorrow, she had no doubt, would be even longer.  Taking the bag with her she'd wander back to the room she'd left her stuff in; a small bedroom with a large queen sized bed placed on the back wall.  It would be suitable enough for her and Mackenzie to sleep within once Mackenzie was released from the clinic.  Ashley knew they wouldn't be able to hold her long, but she hoped that they'd keep her long enough to get Mackenzie's car cleaned up just a little bit.

She'd toss the bag into the corner, drag her duffel off the bed and then crawl inside of it, thankful she actually had a bed to sleep in tonight.

Elijah listened to Hypnos' "rambling" wordlessly, but with interest. It wasn't out of an obligation to be polite; his inner anthropologist was legitimately intrigued to hear what the deity had to say. He was indeed familiar with that particular tale about the possible origins of the werewolves, but reading about it in a tome -- or having it drilled into his head as part of his studies -- was a very different thing than listening to a god talk about it in the flesh. The experience was surreal, even for a veteran Hunter such as himself.

As Hypnos moved on to the business of lodging, Elijah hesitated. Will and Ash had already retired for the night and he hardly wished to make that sort of decision for them, especially since the god was in so many ways still a wild card. Regardless, he had aided Mackenzie and showed no sign of ill intent in the process -- he even claimed to have created wards around the Colony (something Davenport made a mental note to investigate later).

Quickly deciding on a compromise, Elijah opened the door wide and stepped aside. "By all means. I only ask that you mind yourself. Beyond the obvious, that means no dream manipulation... benevolent or otherwise," the young man's tone was firm albeit not harsh. His emerald green eyes remained locked on the god.

okay i guess i'll just have to target someone then ^w^

now i know your probably busy, but you can take just one phone call. right?)))

a9DamUz.jpg

Finding what she needed Ashley stuffed her ruined clothing into a small plastic bag and tied the top closed.  The day had been exhausting and tomorrow, she had no doubt, would be even longer.  Taking the bag with her she'd wander back to the room she'd left her stuff in; a small bedroom with a large queen sized bed placed on the back wall.  It would be suitable enough for her and Mackenzie to sleep within once Mackenzie was released from the clinic.  Ashley knew they wouldn't be able to hold her long, but she hoped that they'd keep her long enough to get Mackenzie's car cleaned up just a little bit.

She'd toss the bag into the corner, drag her duffel off the bed and then crawl inside of it, thankful she actually had a bed to sleep in tonight.

James tried one more number, and he was quickly running out of both numbers and time.

ring ring.................

ring ring................

He was not in the mood to face 2 shape shifters, but then again that was probably because he barely beat one with the help of his brother, since his brother was trying to get him to practice in the field, more since he wasn't to good at it. Like, at all. He was more of a book worm of decoding and translation then a fighter, but he could fight weaker things, or werewolves long distance.... Like... really far away with a sniper rifle. He could do that.

Hypnos smile widened as Elijah widened the door to allow him in. Even as the mortal insisted that he abstain from using his dream manipulation ability on them. " Of course, if that's what you wish I'll let my children take whatever form they wish." Hypnos said as he walked in. " So by all means sleep soundly tonight. I'll take the couch so don't worry about hospitality." Hypnos said placing his back of his artifacts on the couch. 

" If you'll excuse me I'll go ahead and take that shower. Have a good night Elijah." With that the God wandered around the house for a moment before finding the bathroom and walking in. As the God walked in his clothing literally melted away from existence.

"Alright what do we got here...." Hypnos muttered to himself as he took inventory on the soap and shampoo. It certainly wasn't anything like he had been used to, but that was kind of the point. He was trying to blend with the humans, and he thought it would be an interesting experience. The real challenge was yet to come however. "Now how in Hades do I turn this thing on...." 

Vitae Colony

Jame's phone call was re-routed. Ashley, having been living in a car up until this morning, did not have the ability to charge her cell phone, however did have the forethought to forwarded her calls to the Vitae Colonies main distress line, anyone calling her would be seeking help.   A man would answer, voice deep and gravely.  "Vitae here."  He'd pause, dragging a clipboard and pen before him, in the middle of the night there weren't that many calls.  "What do you need?"  He'd continue, waiting for further instructions.  These were commonplace calls, people seeking assistance and asylum, many of the hunters that had joined the colony had either done as Ashley had and forwarded their calls, or changed their outgoing messages to contact the colony directly.

The command tent was quiet this time of night, only the few auxiliary staff working the phone lines and SAT phones in case of emergencies.  Elder Brendan had dismiss the extra staff that evening after the day's events.  He'd spoken with Mackenzie and determined the threat, though very real, was not immediate for this evenings concerns; they had some time to work out a strategy.  He had wanted to discuss further with Mackenzie the details, but it would have to wait.  After dismissing the extra staff, he'd retire to his own home for the remainder of the evening.

"Oh thank God." James sighed when someone picked up, "Me and my older brother wet of a job, we thought i'd be like all the others with shapeshifters, just one of them, simple enough, the pattern for only one matched up perfectly as well." he states, "Well there was 3 we took down one and were ambushed by the other 2. currently i'm in Kentucky and i can't leave my motel." he states, "I can't fight shapeshifters alone or rive, Think someone could give me a lift when conveniant?" he asks.

Elijah watched Hypnos as he entered, making his way to the bathroom. Hoping that he hadn't compromised the security of those in the house -- much less the Colony -- Davenport retired to the room he had claimed previously. Entering quietly, he saw William in one bed, tossing and turning fitfully in his sleep. He could hardly blame Hypnos in this case -- it was a regular occurrence where Hendrix was concerned... one that Elijah had learned to live with. Shaking his head, he changed his clothes and sat down on the bed, his eyes moving to the door one last time before he reluctantly lay down and allowed sleep to take him.

After a good 10 minutes of testing knobs, switches, and what have you Hypnos finally managed to turn on the shower. As he stepped inside the cascading water he realised he had made a horrible mistake. Apparently they still had hot water, and if he wasn't a god he was fairly certain he would have third degree burns. " Why in Hades do they need water this hot?! Is this some form of torture!? Is this water from the River Phlegethon?" Hypnos said to himself turning it to the other extreme. The icy cold water felt going on his already healing burns. Deciding not to fool with the temperature Hypos quickly used the soap and shampoo to clean himself and get out. 

Once he was dry a new set of sleeping robes appeared around him. It wasn't the most refreshing experience the deity had with bathing, but he was sure that it would be better once he got the hang of it. Hypnos let out a sigh as he laid down on the couch. It wasn't the best of couches by any stretch of the imagination, in all honesty it was quite a keep one, but it didn't matter. If anyone could fall asleep it would be the deity of it. It was right about then that a thought occurred to Hypnos. Why was he sleeping here? He could just go back to Erebos and sleep in his own Bed! With that Hypnos dissipated from his laying position on the couch and found himself in his own Bed. With a satisfied sigh it only took a moment of closing his eyes to fall into slumber. While asleep he was naturally taking in energy from any being asleep on this planet. Even with that staggering number it would take an entire day to regain the power he used today. However Hypnos had forgotten something. He had left his pack of artifacts in the house.

Vitae Colony

The man on the phone frowned, hearing the voice on the other side of the phone line.  "Say kid, how old are you anyways?"  Who the hell in their right mind would let a kid go hunting?  He'd written down what was needed: two shapeshifters in Kentucky.  "Kid you got a name of the city you're in?  Or just the whole state?"  He was filling out the needed papers for a retrieval.  "I get it kid, stay in the motel and keep safe, once we get a team near you we'll notify you."  At the moment there wasn't much else the man could do for James, except wait until the Texas or New York crew checked in in the morning, so he could get an ETA as to where they were on their current missions.  "We'll be in contact, you need to check in every morning and night going on wards, you understand?"

The night would pass uneventfully at Vitae Colony, it's denizens sleeping as peacefully as they should through the darkness and come the rising sun of the following day work would begin again.  

SXbaX9C.jpg

Mackenzie had woken several hours before the actual morning. in the early gloaming she'd ever so carefully detached her IV; living with Ashley had benefits, like knowledge of where she could remove the line but keep the IV port in tact.  As quietly as she could she left the clinic, still garbed in just the hospital gown that she'd haphazardly tied closed behind her.  Brendan had made the fatal error of telling her that Ashley and the other two hunters were housed in the building directly next to the clinic, meaning her travel there would be uncontested.  The night nurse was asleep at her desk, the only other patient seemed to be in some sort of a coma, so Mackenzie wandered out, barefoot, down the concrete path that lead to the house.

Sneaking into the front door she was immediately greeted by her duffel, thankful she'd drag out an a pair of plain gray joggers and pull over sweater, happily discarding the gown on top of her bag.  At first she'd thought to sneak into bed with Ashley, but given there were multiple rooms with closed doors, well she didn't want to sneak into someone else's bed; they may not appreciate the gesture.  Instead she quietly made her way to the kitchen in search of food and was delighted to find a fully stocked fridge and pantry.  Perhaps it was the residual effects of her medication but Mackenzie decided that a hearty breakfast was needed so she set herself to work.

Within half an hour Mackenzie had a variable spread of breakfast treats started or near completed; bacon, breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, pancakes, all cooked and left on the stove top for anyone to help themselves.  She'd take her plate and a cup of coffee and move to sit at the small breakfast nook table.  She knew she had a lot of work to get done today, not only researching something she'd been effectively ignoring her entire life, but also she hadn't got a good look at her car when she came in; a future inspection would be needed.  Once she was satisfied and the plate set in the sink she'd take out her laptop and books returning to the kitchen table where she'd set up to start her work.  She'd climb onto the kitchen chair, her rather diminutive frame able to cross her legs a top the seat and still be reasonably comfortable.  Taking out her glasses, the nerdiest things she owned, as far as Ashley had told her, a pair of thick lenses, black plastic framed; they looked as though they'd been last used in the 1950's, but they suited her well enough, she'd start pouring through her families journals, at least the ones she still had, looking for more information as to what was coming.

James Mitchelsten

James sighs "14, but i can already do all the research, and book work, my brother George thought i should try the field, so I could protect myself and one shapeshifter seemed easy enough." he shrugged, he was smart, anytime someone asked his age it was usually because they were doubting him, so he explained it. "Oh Right!" he had almost forgotten, "I'm in Lexington, but the whole state would do just fine." he chuckled, "Alright, I'll make sure to do just that." He states. He made sure to make a mental note about checking the wards.

Elijah's eyes flicked open, but he didn't look around, deciding to let his other senses survey the situation. No sound came from the rest of the house, but the smell was another matter. A mix of breakfast scents were wafting into the room, even with a closed door. Davenport's mouth watered; he hadn't had a proper meal in close to 24 hours. He wondered who had gone through the trouble of preparing the food and sat up to finally look around the room. Everything was as he'd left it, including Will sleeping -- soundly now -- in his own bed. That put him out of the running for mystery chef, though if one were being honest the fact that the food smelled edible would have sufficed to eliminate him as a suspect.

Speaking of which, Eli's sleep had come slowly the previous night. It was partially due to Will's incoherent mumbling and fitful tossing, but in truth the Englishman was quite used to that by now having shared more than a few motel rooms with him. The matter of Hypnos' presence wasn't one he fancied discussing with the others, but it was a done deal at this point. What really kept him awake were the Wolves... they had been Purebloods. An entire pack of them, pursuing them with bloodthirsty determination. Brennan's blanched look when he received the news did little to put Elijah's concerns to rest. 

Sighing, Davenport climbed out of bed. Reaching down to grab his prized katana in its sheath, he tucked the sword under one arm as he crept to the door, pulling it open and exiting into the hallway before making his way to the kitchen. Who he found sitting at the table -- poring over research materials seemingly without a care in the world -- was not the person he expected, to say the least. "Er, hello miss. I take it you're feeling better?" he asked awkwardly.

SXbaX9C.jpg

Mackenzie was becoming frustrated with her research, the journals she had gave details of events that occurred leading up to the end of the Boresti Colony, but not enough that she felt would help prevent the same thing from happening to Vitae.  She felt that all this had been clandestine, she'd been fated to be here exactly now.  Something was pushing her here: made Ashley drag her to the colony, despite the fact that she had been a hard no, she still came, why?  And then the reconnaissance to the outpost.  Any other hunter would have seen it for what it was: a pure-blood werewolf pack, but her?  Only she would know it was the same pack that killed her own colony years ago.   Rightfully she should have died on the road back to Vitae, but then two well equipped hunters met them road-side, way layed an attack and managed to help keep her alive?  Things were far too coincidental for her liking.  If she believed in Angels, not the ones she'd seen -the useless creatures that waned and moaned at the thought of helping humans, but real guardian angels, she had to have had an army following her around recently.

A voice pulled her from her thoughts, causing her to jump in her chair and nearly spill her coffee.  Dark green eyes wide she was scrambling to remove the offending eye ware from her face, tossing the frames onto the table.  "Hi."  She'd reply, hesitantly, she was cursing herself for being such an awkward creature.  "I am thank you-"  She'd pause, a slight frown crossing her features.  "Are you Elijah or William?"  Ashley had given their names to her the night before, but hadn't really bothered describing either of them.  The only person she would recognize besides Ashley would be Hypnos and needless to say she didn't want another visit from that god in particular any time soon.  "I pillaged the kitchen for breakfast, help yourself."  She noted his British accent and could only think he was a far way from home.

"I'm Elijah. Elijah Davenport; 'Eli' if you prefer," he paused to lean the sheathed sword against the table before glancing over the assortment of breakfast foods Mackenzie had prepared. As far as he was concerned, it was a feast. "I certainly appreciate it, but do you think you should be up and about so soon? That was no minor wound," as he spoke, he grabbed a plate from the cupboard and began piling on various food items. "I only ask because I have no doubt Will and Ash will be in here before long, playing Mother Hen," Elijah remarked wryly, pulling out a seat across from Mackenzie to sit down. 

hypnos___god_of_sleep_by_surugamonkey-d848njk.jpg

Hypnos lay in practically a comatose state within his home in Erebos. However this didn't keep the God from keeping tabs on his new mortal friends within Vitae. For the Hypnos sleep was something quite different than for humanity. When he slept his consciousness separates from his body, allowing him to still perform his duties as the bringer of dreams. So Hypnos floated around the house incorporeal, watching the two who were awake for just a moment until he realised how badly he had screwed up. He floated over to the couch where he had started out during the night to find his pack of godly artifacts still there. The last thing he needed was to allow human to get his hands of godly weapons, but in this form he couldn't interact with the human world and the humans wouldn't even realize his existence. He needed to do something... 

Then an idea popped in his head. William was still asleep! He could use his powers of hypnotic suggestion to have William sleepwalk and take the bag! Hypnos clutched his head in worry as he realized the negative impact of such a thing. Even if Williams unconscious mind bended the the deity's will once William woke up he would know he had been used and that would put Hypnos in a bad light. What to do, what to do..... 

Hypnos looked between the sleeping William and his bag of godly artifacts thinking. He had an idea, and luckily it was minimally invasive. With his plan of action decided on Hypnos hovered over William holding the mortals head in his ethereal hands. Very carefully Hypnos would use his power to tell William that he would unavailable during the day unless there was an emergency. If there was an emergency someone would need to pray to Hypnos to wake the God up. Then at the very end of his mettling Hypnos put in the suggestion to hide Hypnos' bag somewhere safe. 

After all that was said Hypnos buried his instructions deep within Williams mind. So that they would surface later as thoughts when he was awake. Now Hypnos could only wait.

He was already questioning her being out of bed, and in response she'd lift her arm and look at the non-existing watch on her wrist.  "Well would you look at that.  New record for me, under five minutes and a stranger already wants to get rid of me...."  Dark eyes would rise and she'd smile at him, "I'm good.  I mean.  No, I've been torn open and I can't really move my arms and back very much, but I'm alive.  And bacon was calling my name."  She'd shrug, then wince.

"Ash knows me well enough, she should have expected me to leave sooner, but the drugs were good.  And besides, I've got a back up plan to any nagging."  She'd turn the back of her hand towards Eli, giving the still connected IV a wiggle. "See?  I obviously have every intention of returning to bed, just as soon as I am done my work here."  This last part was spoke rather sarcastically, she really didn't have any plans to return to the clinic.  "But I came here for other reasons too.  I need to speak to this William fellow.  I hear he drove my baby, and I need to make sure he treated her nice."

Elijah listened as he ate, nodding as Mackenzie showed him the intravenous port. He was beginning to take a bite of eggs when she added, "But I came here for other reasons too. I need to speak to this William fellow. I hear he drove my baby, and I need to make sure he treated her nice."

Davenport froze mid-bite, fork frozen as his mouth, eyes wide. He slowly removed the utensil, setting it down. The eggs had seemingly turned to stone in his mouth and when he swallowed, he did so with a loud gulp. He avoided eye contact with her, clearing his throat and taking a sip of orange juice. When he spoke, his tone was flat. "Of course," was all he could muster. Images of the interior of the vintage sedan flashed through his head from yesterday. Blood (human and werewolf), along with bits of bone and brain matter (just wolves, thankfully) made for quite the horror show. Eli could tell from Mackenzie's tone that she was one who took her car's maintenance and appearance every bit as seriously as Davenport cared for his blades, if not more so. He didn't envy the day William had ahead of him.

Meanwhile, the ex-Soldier's eyes snapped open. William whirled around, his sleep-addled mind desperately trying to find context for his unfamiliar surroundings. Within a few moments, he regained his composure and sat up, rubbing at his eyes groggily. The nightmare -- what he remembered of it -- was still fresh in his brain. Hendrix spun around to hang his legs off the edge of the bed, reaching down to grab the prosthesis and attach it over the neoprene "sock" that covered the stump of his left leg, several inches below his knee. Making sure the limb was securely attached, Will stood up, sniffing the air suspiciously as he stretched sore muscles. Making his way toward the kitchen (and the enticing smells within), his eyes passed over the couch in the living room first. As his gaze picked up on a bag resting there, he did a double take, staring at it. Memories -- if they could be called that -- came flooding into his mind. A half-remembered conversation, fresh in his mind but vague as if years away. The voice and "presence" was memorable enough, however. Hypnos. The god. The bag was important -- filled with something dangerous? -- that much he remembered. He felt... compelled to take charge of it. 

Still, he was no pawn. He wouldn't be carrying out any tasks for the Greek deity, no matter how benign they seemed, before discussing them with Elijah. They were partners, after all. Entering the kitchen, he stopped dead in his tracks upon seeing Mackenzie sitting at the table. Elijah glanced up at him with a look that mixed equal parts fear, sympathy, and cruel amusement. Frowning, Hendrix spoke out. "Ma'am, I really don't think that you should be up..."

a9DamUz.jpg

Mackenzie's smile faded as she watch Eli expression somber, then look down right terrified.  "What, what is it?"  She had to think back to what she had been talking about that could get this sort of reaction.   "My car?"  As she said the words another voice had joined them, the other man and the only one who could be William.   "Ma'am, I really don't think that you should be up...." 

Mackenzie's dark eyes would turn towards the new comer slowly, given the general demeanor of Eli as she'd spoken about her car, she could only assume there was something very wrong. "William."  She'd say, it was a statement, not an introduction.  "If I were to walk out to my car, this moment, what will I find."  Her voice was cold, sterile, where she'd been far cheerier than she normally was with Eli, she was starting to feel the first edges of panic,.

Ashley was finally stirring awake, the light sound of voices within the house and the smell of freshly brewed coffee.  She would groggily roll out of bed, shuffling quietly down the hall towards the kitchen, she'd pause in the door way just behind William and frown, everyone was awake, Mackenzie was here, though this wasn't a surprise but her expression confused her, Mac looked like she was about to kill someone.  How long had she been asleep?  She vaguely heard Mackenzie's inquiry and she could feel a cold chill run down her spine, this was not going to end well.  

"Hey Mac,"  Ashley started but Mackenzie turned to glare at her, cutting her off, "Don't you hey Mac me."  She'd hiss, she was uncurling her legs from beneath her on the chair, slowly rising, doing what she could not to bolt from the house to check on her car.  "Tell me."  

hypnos___god_of_sleep_by_surugamonkey-d848njk.jpg

This was a far from ideal situation. Hypnos hadn't expected him to want to involve everyone one... though William was a smart one. No doubt the mortal realized that Hypnos had sent him a message. The deity sighed and absently floated among the group and waited for the inevitable wrath of Mackenzie. " Well, at least it'll be a great source of entertainment while I'm incapacitated." Hypnos said yawning slightly. As he floated around he started thinking about how he could help the others if his physical form would be cut down. He needed to be able to do something, anything. " What am I thinking... I've never been able to do much in this state. Not without my artifacts anyway."

Sydney and the Frenchman walked into the trailer where Arial was in with a toolbag. Sydney then grinned and said to her," Listen Angel, that sigil should make you powerless and vulnerable. Now, I am only going to ask you once. Who the hell sent you!? If you don't answer, my friend will make you talk." The Frenchman then grinned and pulled out a pair of pliers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back