• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
she stood and listened to the vampire for what she had to say, though, as it was more and more apparent that she hadn't been undead for very long, she began to ease her defenses, at least, a little bit. "Well met, Tara... I'm Abiageal." she smiled softly in as friendly as a intent as he possibly could.

Tara tilts her head. “Nice to meet you! I’m still trying to get to know everyone in the nest, let alone in the colony, so I’m just trying to meet as many people as possible. What do you do in the colony? If you don’t mind me asking.” She asks, smiling.

She wants to understand the people here, and get to know more of them on friendly terms. She knows the tension between hunters and vampires here is still pretty high.
SynKast SynKast

97a5f300329e3eeb07ff1096bd239ea4.jpg

Chase's smile faltered at the mention of Thomas and the man let out a small huff. "Still under lock and guard." Chase told him with distaste, eyes focused on the camp ahead of them wherein the murderer was held. Nothing had changed on the Thomas front much other than the options of what could be done with him. "Emile's leaving what to do with him up to me." The man shrugged his shoulders, considering he still hadn't really made a decision. Well, technically he had but it wasn't really a good option anymore. "Not that I've figured anything out on that front."
Safton Safton

Abiageal stopped at the girl's question, it was one that even she had to find the answer for. After all, the only thing she's managed to do for the colony is bringing distress and panic, especially after her re-introduction through the Men of Letters with the whole involvement of Thor and David. "I, Uh..." she hesitated for even as she thought about it, there was no real honest answer she could give the girl, "I scry and, um... I help with anything magickal should anyone seek the help from someone skilled in the craft of witchery..." It was an answer at least, and not necessarily a lie either.

Tara’s eyes widen slightly in surprise. “Oh, really? Do you mind talking about it with me? I’ve encountered a few other races by now, but I’ve never actually met anyone who could use magic! Well, aside from Solomon, and I’m not talking to him.” She grimaces at the thought. She just can’t tell whether or not the man can be trusted, after what she saw happening in the Graveyard, and what Ginny told her afterward.

Elijah 8.jpg
Elijah took a seat next to Ash, Mjolnir resting on the end table like the world's most out-of-place decorative item. He placed his arms over her shins, tracing light patterns over the denim of her jeans before taking the offered cookie with a smile. "Of course. But that's only if..." he sighed. "If he doesn't make it back. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that."

1537226539168.png
Adelaide took a deep breath, nodding in meager agreement with Morgan before shifting the Civic into drive and starting the drive toward the Pack's impromptu sanctuary. She was somewhat anxious about visiting the place in truth; it would be her first time. While Morgan had informed her that the Pack was open-minded about "gifts" like hers thanks to their bone-casters, she nonetheless found herself dreading the risk of being shunned by Morgan's family.

1537226750483.png
William was silent for a moment, simply nodding as Chase informed him that Thomas was alive, albeit under lock and key. "I get it," he said quietly. "I don't know how, but if there's anyway I or Vitae can help... let me know." Will pursed his lips, unsure what else to say. He admired Chase's restraint, wondering how much of it was inherent to him and how much the Pack had influenced him in that regard. Had Will and Mac tracked the rogue hunter down first, he knew there was a significant chance he wouldn't be living now.

Crono Crono

3SijZSx.jpg

Ashley-May nodded slowly, setting aside her tea and remaining cookies as Elijah reminded her of the terms in which he'd receive Thor's sword. "Maybe Will will let you borrow the hammer?" She asked playfully, nudging the man playfully. "Split custody? You get Monday, Wednesday, Friday and every other Sunday?" She doubted greatly that Thor was in any true danger; after all the god had already faced off against the First Sin and made it back to them in mostly one piece.

CNAKtJZ.jpg

Morgan remained quiet for a time before glancing to Addy. She was stiff and quiet so Morgan spoke softly, not wanting to startle her. "You can drop me off here, if you want." She suggested. "If going to the pack is too much? I didn't think about it - about how it would make you feel. You don't have to go near them if it bothers you."

9dc98a1a91e241113831e8f58220fd56_original.JPG

Manitou groaned as his vessels joints ached from age and arthritis. He shuffled forward, back hunched as he made for the trailers door. Swinging it opened he paused to look over the small encampment that composed only part of his pack. He truly wished he could see them all, together, celebrating a final time but his hours remaining were few and there were things yet he wanted to enjoy. Stepping out of the trailer - and nearly tripping - he made his way towards the sounds and scents of the pack readying for the night of celebration; a new member of the pack was due to get their name and he wasn't going to miss any of it.

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie woke where she had laid down not long ago, disoriented and nauseous. The events of the evening still clear in her mind she didn't know where to start or how to even tell anyone what she had seen. She knew Ash and Eli were still in the house, or at least they had been when she had come to lay down, before Gaveel had taken her to witness the fight. She rolled off of the bed, hand on the wall to steady herself as she made her way to the doorway. She had to pause and lean against the frame, her eyes closed to keep the world from spinning around her before she continued on towards the sound of the voices of her partner and friend.

Mac came around the corner, pausing when she saw the pair clearly enamored with each other cuddled on the couch and thought better of interrupting; what she had to tell them was important but she didn't have the words to explain it.
Safton Safton

Chase nodded hesitantly at the other man's words, "Are you sure Vitae could handle imprisonment in it's current...state?" He gave the man an apologetic glance, he wasn't as confident as he'd once been about handing Thomas over to them. The only reason he considered it was that it seemed he had relationships with more and more of the higher up's these days. The man inhaled deeply, "Emile suggested letting Franklin keep him imprisoned, and that it wouldn't be comfortable." It was clear by the way he spoke that Chase wasn't entirely sure that was a good idea either. "I want him to suffer." Chase remarked undoubtedly with a calm tone. "But is it right for him to suffer just because I want it." It wasn't a question, he wouldn't burden that on Will. He was simply making his point of view known for the most part.

Thomas's fate was weighing on his mind now that Vitae was no longer at odds with the pack. He couldn't help but feel a sense of shame, being unable or maybe unwilling to do something to his fathers murderer that could be considered justice. Many would see his death as justice but Chase wasn't interested in being the monster Thomas saw him as, he'd come close to killing the man once already. It was a bit of a conundrum with few outs.​
Safton Safton

Last edited:
1537487869323.png
Elijah tossed his head back in a deep, genuine laugh at Ashley's jab about the hammer, loving the way she was able to defuse the tension in any situation. As he opened his eyes to reply, he caught sight of a figure in the corner of his peripherals. He snapped over to see Mac hovering in the threshold of the hallway. His smile slowly faded as he looked at the woman. "Mac? Is everything all right?" he asked uncertainly, seeing the vaguely haunted look on the woman's face.

1537488145713.png

Adelaide frowned, shaking her head vehemently as Morgan spoke. "No, Morgan it's not that." She reached across the cramped interior of the car to lay a reassuring hand on hers. "I'm not afraid of you or your kind, you know that. I just... I'm anxious, is all." She averted her eyes, shrugging. "I want to make a good impression, you know? And I don't know how my 'abilities' will go over. I know your Pack has shamans and bone-casters, but still..." her voice trailed off.

1537488328804.png
Will glanced up, narrowing his eyes on Chase's. "Hey," he said softly, placing what he hoped was a comforting hand on the man's shoulder. "You've got every right to wish for that," he remarked flatly. "He took the most important person in the world to you away. No one can blame you for wanting him to hurt for that. You're a good person, Chase -- you've been stronger with him than I would've been in your shoes." He offered a reassuring smile before continuing, pulling his hand away.

"As for Vitae, one good thing about the recent 'exodus' is that most of the people that would have considered Thomas a 'kindred spirit' packed up and left a while ago. If you do decide to turn him over, I can't promise you his stay will be comfortable -- but there won't be any torture involved," Will said firmly. "It's your choice, regardless."

Crono Crono

13323265_1046277588797372_975134567264155681_o.jpg
Abiageal looked to the undead girl and kind of shrugged, "The last time I shared my secrets with a vampire she ended up very much dead... An incident my heart still grieves over... So, will I teach you how witch-craft is performed? No, no I will not. But what I can offer you is this. Come and get a drink with me and I'll answer some of your questions if you have anything particular you'd like to ask anyway." she smiled casually in hopes that the young woman would indeed join her. After all, the company would definitely be nice until something popped off or she was requested to attend a certain situation or event.

Tara laughs, putting her hands up. “I can barely handle the abilities I have now. I promise, the last thing I’m planning to do now is learn magic.” She tries to assure the witch.

She grins. “A drink sounds wonderful, thank you. I’m just really curious, I’m sorry if my questions get annoying.”

Chase stiffened slightly at the mans hand on his shoulder given the current subject, but quickly relaxed. Will's description of Joe being the most important person in his life was head on, and Will didn't know just how hard he hit the nail on the head without knowing the truth of his and Joe's relationship. He felt the man before him was giving Chase too much credit. If he'd been alone with Thomas that day, if he'd been the one to catch him, he had little doubts the man would be dead. When the murderer was given a chance to take his freedom through force, Chase had almost ended his life right then and there. But Emile was watching, and a majority of the pack was no doubt listening. So instead of acting in pure instinct he was fully aware he had choices.

The man huffed, mulling over it a moment before speaking. "I can't say for sure but I'll most likely take you up on that. You just make sure those other councilor's will play ball and I'll think on it and check in with Emile about it." He knew he didn't really need to ask his boyfriend, as the man had spoken numerous times that he'd back Chase's decision. It wasn't something that had to come about immediately and they had plenty of time before anything was final or acted on. The thought of not having it on his mind constantly with Thomas so close was a small relief to think about.​
Safton Safton

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie winced hearing Elijah's laughter cut short and the pair of eyes from the couch turning to her. "Uh... Yeah." She sounded confused, even hoarse but she cleared her throat and nodded. "Yes. I just .. fell asleep and, well you know." She shrugged, crossing her arms over her chest. She felt sick, dizzy even, not telling them but they seemed happy - for once - and she wasn't about to be the thing that ruined it. "Uh, I don't know if I told you but Will opted to stay with the Pack for a party or something. Chase said he'd drive him back in when it was all done." She slowly rubbing her upper arms, heading for the front door. "I'm just going to head to the gym and work out some stress. Will will know where I am as soon as he's back." Mac didn't wait for an answer, pulling open the front door and stepping out into the evening.

CNAKtJZ.jpg

Morgan paused as Adelaide confessed just why she was nervous. She raised a manicured eyebrow as Addy seemed so uncertain of the pack's willingness to accept her for who, and what, she was. "Uhhh... You know we're were wolves, right?" Morgan smirked, even laughed softly. "Besides you're not the first witch or psychic we've me ... they've met. There are plenty that work with the colony and their hunters with helping people. You just might be the first witch and psychic they've met."

3SijZSx.jpg

Ashley-May smiled hearing Elijah's belly laugh - one of the few she'd ever heard from him and she certainly didn't want it to be the last. She tensed seeing him react to something she could not only to lean over and watch her partner skirt around the edge of the room and make her parting excuses. "Mac!" She called out but the front door soon closed and Ash knew very well even if the other hunter had heard her she wouldn't have stopped. With a frown she could only shrug at Eli. "It might have been a nightmare." She said, settling back on the couch. "But what do you want to bet it was actually at Prophecy and she wasn't happy with what she saw?"

Manitou continued on his path towards the scent of food cooking and the sounds of people gathering, only pausing as he came into sight of his pack momentarily. As much as he was ever present in their lives and their festivities it was entirely enough to experience them first hand. He continued on towards the central area where a large bonfire was being built up only to be intercepted by the Alpha. He hadn't expected Emile to have caught on so quickly, but he beamed a grin at the wolf only to receive a confused frown in return.

"Who is it that is visiting us?" The Alpha demanded lowly in his native tongue and Manitou couldn't help but chuckle.

"I am the Spirit of the Pack." He winked even as the Alpha grumbled in confusion. "Come now, Emile, you've been praying to me your entire life; you'd think you'd recognize your own god in the flesh."

ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile balked at the suggestion that the god had possessed his bone shaman. He regarded the elderly man, far more spry than normal, for several long seconds considering. He knew for certain the spirit wasn't demonic in any fashion; the scent of death and decay always preceded possessed humans - not to mention demons generally couldn't posses a wolf (in his experience). There was an air of familiarity about the being as well, he certainly reminded him greatly of Pan.

With a sharp nudge to his ribs from the god Emile relented. "Welcome, Manitou." He was too aware of the meaning of this visit; their prayers were not enough to keep the god alive any longer. "Enjoy tonight with your pack, celebrate with us."
Safton Safton
Crono Crono

1537845932808.png
Elijah had his mouth open to call out to Mackenzie as the door shut abruptly behind her. He pursed his lips, considering following after her when Ashley-May spoke up. He sighed, "You know her better than I do... but I think it would take more than a nightmare to shake her up that badly," he remarked with a sympathetic grimace. "She looked like she was going to be sick. If it was a Prophecy, who knows what Heaven might have showed her?"

1537846050007.png
Adelaide smiled bashfully, glancing down at the floorboard as Morgan allayed the worst of her fears. "Thanks," she remarked genuinely before taking a deep breath and looking back up at her companion with a grin. "Okay, I'm done stalling," she said with a determined nod. "Let's go." Addy stepped out of the car, waiting for Morgan to join her before following her into the camp.

1537846185653.png
William nodded at Chase's decision. "You got it," he said. He paused suddenly, frowning as his eyes glazed over, staring sightlessly at the ground. He felt that cold in his heart and mind that he was becoming to become familiar with: Mac's distress. He resisted the urge to flee to her side without hesitation: he could sense that she wasn't in danger... and that she needed space, as much as he didn't want to admit it. The most frustrating part was that while he could catch glimpses of her feelings, he couldn't determine the cause. After a moment the sensation faded and he shook his head, clearing the remnants of it.

With a frown, he fished his phone from his pocket and tapped out a quick text to Ashley-May: Is Mac with you? Is she okay? After sending it, he turned back to Chase with an apologetic shrug. "Sorry. It's... hard to explain. Heaven stuff."

Crono Crono

bae-doona.jpg

Himiko made her way through the forest towards where she had last paid a visit to the wolves, if it were up to her she would not have involved them in the Kitsune business, but this was a direct order from Inari and she would follow it to her dying breath. She made her way to the exact spot that she had encountered the wolves before, folded her legs under her and sat down to patiently await their arrival. They may have had an accord, but she would not put it past them to take offense to trespassing deep in their territory, she also wouldn't put it past herself to take offense to their hostility and start a problem. The best option she could think of was to sit on the edge of the territory and wait for them to approach her.​

Chase stopped when he noticed Will had paused in his movement, turning around with a confused look. The look on the hunters face spoke, that he was here but he wasn't. He waited as Will texted someone before apologizing. Chase waved a dismissive hand despite being a little curious what heaven stuff entailed, "Don't worry about it. Take a minute if you need to."
Safton Safton

3SijZSx.jpg
bTU0wF0.png

Ashley-May grimaced at Elijah's comment, eyes traveling back to the closed door. Her lips parted to speak when her phone went off in her pocket, the notification tone for Will. She pulled her phone out and glanced at the screen, quickly typing a reply. I'm on it. Ash gave Eli a quick glance before nodding to the door. "Let's go collect the prophet: her guardian angel is questioning where she is." She swung her legs off of Eli's lap and rose, opting to leave the half drank tea and cookies on the coffee table for the moment.

Ash made her way to the door with Eli close behind her. "At least the gym isn't far, we can catch her there and figure out what's-" She paused as she swung the door open reveal Mac still on the front porch of the house, seated on the steps.

CNAKtJZ.jpg

Morgan smiled as Adelaide seemed to come to terms with meeting the pack in a different way than she already had. She stepped out of the car and joined Addy, leading the witch through the woods towards where she knew her people would be celebrating. She wondered idly if Addy would want to stay and watch, if it would interest her at all, but as she stepped into the clearing she could see Emile with the Bone Shaman, about to address the pack.

ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile turned from the god to where most of the pack had already started to convene. "Come my friends." He called out, drawing attention from the pack and their guests, speaking in French. "Let's get the tables set up and Missy in the place of honour; I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that we're happy to have her home again." A few of the pack members clapped or nodded their agreement, rising to get the picnic tables and arrange them much the same as they had for Chase's own meal.

MIssy was still with Brody and Bart, watching from a distance, but the wolf and uncle led the girl towards the festivities at a slow pace. Malcolm was no where to be seen which could only mean that he was headed to meet the intrusion at the edge of the packs territory. He nodded to the god towards the remainder of the pack - he didn't hesitate at his presence, or the pack finding out who he was. Instead of seeking out Chase directly he headed across the clearing to where Morgan had made her appearance with her friend.

GiKY4Jh.jpg

Malcolm stepped through the brush into the small partial clearing where the Kitsune awaited quietly. He found it quite ironic that she would appear, again, on the night where the pack was celebrating a new member. He had little doubt that she was aware of his arrival so he spoke plainly. "We really need to stop meeting like this."

Safton Safton
Crono Crono
LucianGrey7971 LucianGrey7971

View attachment 486088

Inari stood in the center of his now abandoned realm, the Kitsune who had resided here had either betrayed him, fled the traitors or died fighting each other. The deafening silence caved in on him as he surveyed the destruction around him. It hurt. It hurt more than he could have ever imagined it would, the pain of losing his children had always plagued him in the back of his mind, but Da Ji, she was truly his child, his only heir. The one he had done everything to make the world better for. Inari's eyes started to glow a pale yellow as he touched the mind of every Kitsune in existence, the pure of blood, the ones who had returned and the ones who were still mindless monsters.

"How did this happen?" his voice was not the one of confidence and pride, but one of grief and instability and struggling to find the basic words where they once flowed freely "How did it come to be that I have lost so much in such a short time. I created this place to be our sanctuary, a place where we could truly be who we are." He looked down at his hands, hands that had let everything slip through their grasp, "I have never lied to you and I will not start now my children...I knew what the Men of Letters were doing. I knew about the purge they had called upon us and those they had taken....and I did nothing. I wanted so badly for this alliance to work that I turned a blind eye to avoid a meaningless war that would kill the wrong people. I wanted so badly for the world to stay the way it was as opposed to the blight that Adam would bring upon it. Nothing I could think of would lead to a peaceful resolution...and so I did nothing.

"It's funny. When I called myself Húshén, I could have tamed the tempers of everyone involved and brought about the best outcomes. I was truly a peaceful soul at that time, and then my brother took it away from me...and I could not return to that state, the day Nu Wa was shattered from this world was the day Húshén died. And yet I did not want to control you, I did not want to become like my brethren: monsters that only existed to kill. So I became Inari Okami, I became hailed as a God even when I did not want to. I didn't interfere with what you did because I wanted you to truly have free will. I wanted you to be able to do what you pleased and live your lives in a way that made you happy. I did not want reverence and servitude because I was the Alpha, I wanted you to serve because YOU wanted to serve. I never called upon you to unite and do my bidding because my bidding was for you to be happy.

"Da Ji was a symbol of that, she was not my favorite simply because she was born of my blood instead of having it passed on, she was my favorite because despite her many, many flaws, she lived her life the way she wanted and did it happily. That is all I ever wanted from you, I didn't tell you how to act around humans, I didn't tell you how to serve me and I didn't tell you how to live because you were all clever enough to figure it out on your own." Inari let a small smile grace his lips his voice full of nostalgia and optimism as he spoke, seemingly unaware of the Kitsune that was slowly making its way towards him, teeth bared and claws primed to strike, "Da Ji may have been the reason I started to create this place, but it was for all of you. All of my children who wanted to be with me out of their own accord....Inari lived in order to make you happy, to remind you to continue being what you wanted to be!"

The smile faded from the fox's lips and was replaced with an uncharacteristic sneer, he took a calm and even inhalation of breathe that was unnatural for someone who had been in deep grief. The realm around Inari cracked and crumbled into dark energy around him as he began speaking in a cold and distanced voice, "But much like Húshén my dear brother and one of my own took the heart of Inari and ripped it out. Inari is no more, his ideals for peace were impossible to attain with the turmoil he felt." The voice was much deeper and untamed than any Kitsune had heard, as the casual attire of Inari faded away and was replaced with robes that flowed freely around his form. The Alpha Fox on the Kitsune that thought it could kill him with a quickness and grabbed the young fox by its face, "It seems that right now, good intentions go unheeded and disrespected, so I will no longer use that name. Inari tried to avoid war for the good of all, but now I see that a war is what is needed. I mourn the passing of Inari, he was a good man, and to pay respects to the man I will give this decree:

"Return to me, my children. ALL my children, and you shall be forgiven if you have betrayed me. Return to me my most loyal and I will treat you with the same kindness I always have." The Alpha watched the young kitsune struggle to break his grasp- clawing at his arm and robe but his claws found no purchase, they were not sharp enough to pierce even the vestiges the Alpha had chosen to wear.
The Alpha slowly dug his claws into the sides of the young one's head, knowing full well the entirety of his race could see what he was doing and feel his rising excitement at once again allowing himself to be unhinged. The blood started to trickle from the young fox's head, slowly at first, the pain from it was nothing to trifle at but the pressure that was being applied soon gave the fox reason to be afraid. Millimeters at a time the nails sank deeper and deeper into the skin as the Alpha's thumb held its victims face steady for the fingers to dig into. Deeper and deeper the nails went until the fox found himself frantically kicking and clawing to stop the Alpha's claws from piercing through his skull, all the while the feelings of elation and pleasure emanated from the Alpha. Deeper and deeper, the nails pierced deep into the soft tissues of the cheeks and broke into parts of the skull, the tip of the Alpha's index finger pierced into the side of the brain. Deeper and deeper the nails went until the fingers themselves were starting to find purchase, the frantic kicks and claws dwindled into quick spasms as the fingers started digging around in the skull.

The Alpha held him there, a sick smile forming on his mouth, his fangs bared at this young one. He watched the eyes roll back into the head and the spasms became less and less. The Alpha ripped his claws out of the head, sending viscera spattering across the once hallowed grounds of Inari. The body crumpled to the ground and was met with a quick and decisive stomp to what remained of the head.

The Alpha stared down at the now deceased Kitsune and the sickening feeling of elation that he was forcing all his children to feel only grew. "Let that serve as a warning to those who choose to oppose me. My children, I can understand that some of you might be...afraid of what I am right now and may not wish to kill your brethren. I completely understand, and do feel free to sit this war out, I won't hold it against you~ But I will not tolerate those who continue to side with my DEAR eldest brother and the one who had a hand in Da Ji's death. For they seem to have forgotten just Who. I. Am." The Alpha took a second to inhale and let out a bloodcurdling howl as the realm of Inari slowly faded into nothingness around him, no longer supported by the magic of the caring being that once kept it standing. The connection was severed but the howl was still there, in the back of the minds of his children, and a direct message to his eldest brother: Kurama was once again going to war.

NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

1538278108342.png
Elijah nodded as Ashley-May suggested they go track down Mackenzie, walking alongside her as she spoke and opened the door step outside. He paused at the sight of Mackenzie sitting on the steps, putting aside any doubts he may have had about the Prophet's state of mind. He pursed his lips, moving forward and taking a seat on the steps alongside Mac, remaining silent and waiting for her to speak.

1538278592938.png
Adelaide followed Morgan toward the clearing where the Pack was arrayed en masse, her eyebrows raising at the sight of it. She hadn't seen so many wolves in one place even during the Pack's "attack" on Vitae. She smiled to see Missy being ushered toward the front of the crowd with a series of small cheers, opening her mouth to speak when she spotted Emile approaching. She turned her polite smile on the Alpha after taking a moment to swallow down her anxiety, waiting until he approached to offer him her hand. "Bonsoir."

1538279544174.png

William saw the reply from Ashley-May, nodding to himself in an attempt to settle his nerves before putting his phone away and glancing up at Chase. "Thanks." He glanced in the direction of the crowd, the clamor now easily audible from where he and Chase stood. He gestured toward them, "I guess we'd better get over there before we miss the good stuff," he said before leading the way.

Crono Crono

Chase turned his head to look at the crowd at Will's suggestion, spotting Emile announcing to get the final setup ready. "You aren't wrong." Chase said, already starting to move in that direction. "Werewolves do have a big appetite you know." By the time the pair arrived Emile had started stepping away. He'd followed the same direction with his eyes to see the Alpha was headed towards Morgan and Adelaide of all people. Last he'd heard they were headed to New Orleans for a few days. "Weren't they on a hunt?" He asked Will, raising a hand to point in the small groups direction past some of the crowd so Will knew who he was talking about. Though a moment later his steps and focus faltered at a both familiar and unfamiliar scent he caught, it was off and threw the Wolf off for a moment. Chase halted to look over his shoulder, eyes hovering over the crowd from person to person in search of the Bone Shaman. There was an uncertain concern look to him, and the moment he locked in on his target Chase started walking with Will forgotten. The Bone Shaman was only ten feet away, though the unnerving part was that before Chase even reached the man he'd turned to face him intently like the Shaman knew he was coming. It was difficult to describe the scent, it was similar to possession but not exactly. Either way the need to investigate was necessary because last he checked Werewolves couldn't be possessed. "Explain." He'd stated simply once the two were face to face, with a mildly accusing tone.​
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

Manitou turned to face the on coming wolf, golden eyes hinting at humour whilst he did his best to keep a straight face. He maintained eye contact as Chase looked him over before offering his one word demand, or possibly command and Manitou couldn't keep his bemusement hidden any longer. "Ah, boy. If you had bothered at all to heed the Alpha you'd already know who I was." He winked, throwing an arm over Chase's shoulder and turning him around to face the rest of the pack as they went about setting up. "Look at them: trusting in their leaders decisions so much so that they don't question who ... or what I am, only that Emile has approved my presence." He sighed for dramatics, his free hand coming around to poke Chase in the chest. "Yet here you are, questioning who and what I am."

He watched the pack at work for several long silent moments before finally releasing Chase. "I am an old fool, long over due to meet the Empty." He nodded towards Emile. "You need to take care of him, of all of them, after I'm gone. They don't know what it is to protect themselves without my help. They'll need you to teach them how to live without a gods whispers."
Crono Crono

ro5JoB8.jpg
CNAKtJZ.jpg

Emile gave Adelaide as polite of a nod he could muster for all the annoyance he felt for the time being. He turned his attention to Morgan, who was doing her best to look sheepish and spoke in his native language. "I hope you understand the position you put Chase in with your antics." He didn't bother to wait for a reply, knowing that she would come up with a reason for why she had acted the way she had. "I don't appreciate you using him with the intent attempting to sway my decisions; as if you would even listen to them regardless." He shifted his stance, placing his fists on his hips and continued. "Morgan I don't think you understand my intent with barring you from the Colony before: I wasn't commanding you as my child, niece, whatever, for your own safety: I did it to all pack members, including those that had family because it put Missy at risk of retaliation from the hunters if they discovered any of us inside their walls. What you're doing now, this choice to stay away from the pack and avoid speaking with me has nothing to do with what you think I'll say and everything to do with you acting like a child."

He sighed heavily, glancing at Adelaide a moment before speaking again. "I care about your safety, Morgan, because I've raised you: your my family. You're the next Alpha, should you choose to step up to the plate once I'm gone. If you want to hunt with the colony and help with the Seals: fine. I'm not stopping you or any other pack member that chooses to do so. I am asking you to keep Chase out of your games, for both of our sakes."

Morgan chewed her lower lip, cheeks flushed as Emile spoke. It wasn't a lecture, or scolding for that matter, but something different. She nodded as her Uncle made his request: she had felt guilty about it from earlier and had every intention of apologizing to Chase herself, but she had never thought it would have bothered Emile so much. When her uncle opened his arms offering a hug she accepted, squeezing the older wolf to returned it in kind. As they parted she glanced to Addy. "I think you both met briefly," She said, continuing in French. "This is Adelaide. Addy, my uncle Emile."

bTU0wF0.png
3SijZSx.jpg

Mackenzie was entirely aware of the door opening behind her. She had thought for a moment to stand and start walking away; not wanting to talk to the pair but she knew it was too late for that (and too dramatic for her tastes) and instead remained seated. Elijah came to sit on her left and Ash directly on her right, the pair of hunters both silent for a time before Ash spoke. "What happened to going to the gym?"

"I forgot my shoes." Mac replied, dark eyes still focused on her socked feet on the cold patio stones.

Once more there was a long silence before Elijah spoke this time. "Do you want to talk about what happened? In your dream?"

Mac could tel by his tone that neither hunter actually believed what she had said. She inhaled deeply, trying to come up with the words and failing. She could feel the heat rising to her cheeks and tears gathering in the corner of eyes. Ash leaned against her, wrapping an arm across her back to hug her. She cleared her throat, feeling the first of, what she was sure to be, many tears rolling down her cheek. "Ah... Gaveel came and pulled me away. My soul? I guess. She said I needed to witness Hypolyes and Thor's fight." She sniffed, biting her lip as she searched for how to say it. "She made me watch the battle and in the end ... in the end Thor lost. Hypolyes killed him."

Ashley-May stiffened as Mac relayed what had happened, looking over the prophets head to Elijah seated opposite of her. "That can't be right." She said softly, feeling a pit in her stomach starting to grow. "He can't kill a god.... can he?"
Safton Safton

1538622642205.png
William had followed the direction of Chase's pointing, settling his eyes on Adelaide and Morgan. He frowned, likewise confused by their presence, and opened his mouth to reply to Chase's question when the wolf suddenly stalked off purposefully. Will glanced after him, bemused, as he made his way through the crowd to approach an elderly man whose attire could only suggest some kind of mystic for the Pack. But Chase's body language was tense, to say the least and it didn't take long to discover the reason. Will felt an... aura? coming from the elder. It was a vaguely similar to a presence he had only felt once since getting his Grace: Thor.

A god was present, presumably (hopefully) invited. If Chase was aware of the deity's true status Will could only assume Emile and the rest of the Pack were, as well. As the mystic threw his arm around Chase in an almost amusing jovial fashion, Will slowly made his way over. "Everything all right?" he asked Chase neutrally.

Crono Crono
1538623030860.png
Adelaide didn't have a chance to be surprised by Emile's stiff initial acknowledgement. She vividly felt the annoyance radiating off the man and it didn't take long to discover the source of it. The Alpha soon launched into a tirade in his native tongue. Addy did her best to keep up, but the Quebecois dialect was a decidedly different beast to both the Creole and "proper" French she was used to. She managed to catch the gist of the rant, with her gift filling in the gaps from Emile's surface thoughts (she didn't have to dig for them, either: in his perturbed state, they were all but flashing in proverbial neon).

As understanding dawned on her, Addy narrowly resisted the urge to turn her own annoyed glance on Morgan. The psychic pursed her lips as she remembered the way the wolf had tactfully danced around Adelaide's demand that she get permission from Emile beforehand... using Chase as a proxy to stall for time until, well, this conversation. Regardless, she was relieved to see that all was seemingly forgiven as uncle and niece embraced. Addy smiled as Morgan introduced her, once again offering Emile an easier smile this time before offering him her hand.

1538623526873.png
Elijah felt a spike of cold run through his chest as Mackenzie spoke. He stared straight ahead, unblinking as the words registered. As Ash looked to him for reassurance that the vision was wrong, he slowly turned to face her with a sympathetic look. "I... I'm sorry, Ash. Thor wasn't at his best. He knew he might not make it back to us. That's why he--"

Eli paused, taking a deep breath as he stared down at the steps, waiting a long moment before swallowing deeply and speaking again. "This dragon may be more dangerous than anything we've ever hunted. We need to keep the hammer safe... and get that sword if we can. If not Thor's, then the one Hypolyes is searching for. The Sword of St. George."

Last edited:
With the Shaman throwing an arm over his shoulder Chase's tension quickly bled into discomfort whilst the answer to his question remained unanswered. Whatever was on the surface was certainly more...enthusiastic than the Shaman, that was for sure. But he didn't feel threatened, so Chase simply went with it despite remaining confused. "I like to follow through for myself." He commented, meaning no disrespect towards Emile but he stuck to his gut most of the time even when others come to their own conclusions. Before he could comment on Emile's trust the Shaman released him suddenly and spoke again. Chase followed the mans nod with his eyes, and combined with what was being said he started fitting the pieces together. "Manitou." He nearly mumbled with realization. Eyes flicked back to look at the Shaman's face as if still not completely sure but he quickly relaxed with a huff, still uncomfortable now knowing this was the packs god. Chase didn't have a great track record with gods to be honest.

Chase gave a nod to Will with a slightly apologetic smile, clearly he'd raised a red flag for the hunter as well. "Everything's fine." Well, it wasn't. But for now it was. Turning his head to look at Manitou once more he considered the request, "I don't think I'm the right man for the job but I plan to try." Chase had always been a Lone Wolf so to speak, never a pack animal. "You sure about asking a stranger to take care of them?" A humored smirk crossing his face, it's what they were after all. Even if the God knew who he was to some extent from keeping an eye on the pack.​
Safton Safton NanLia NanLia

Manitou was bemused by the discomfort that roll off of Chase's form as it took the wolf time to identify just who he was. He was an ideal source of amusement for the old god. There were few like Chase that existed: a supernatural creature that didn't believe in supernatural things. For far as Manitou had encountered, each and every one of them had a very unique view on the world they shared with gods creations. "I think you're exactly what the pack will need in the future." He spoke again, nodding to the Nephilim. "They need to know how to work in a world with humans, around humans and you've been doing that for your whole life."

He gave Chase's shoulder a final pat before waving him over to where the pack was taking their seats. "Let's find a good place to sit, eh? These ceremonies are far better than the old ones." He said, already shuffling the Bone Shaman's bent form towards the gathering. "Another Emile change to pack law. The old ways used to be so bloody; pack members finding their place by fighting for it. I like Emile's way: far funnier and better food."
Safton Safton
Crono Crono

ro5JoB8.jpg
CNAKtJZ.jpg

Emile smiled at the introduction, knowing Morgan well enough that she was likely pestering the human with all of her questions. Obviously his niece wasn't annoying enough as it was clear the woman had come to the pack for Morgan. He took up Adelaide's hand be brought the back of it to his lips, delivering brief kiss. "Pleasure see you again, Madame Moreau. I'm sorry you had to be a part of that but I needed to make things clear to my niece." He released her hand, waving a hand back to the gathering pack. "You'll join us? If you have time, that is. It would be nice for Morgan to attend."

bTU0wF0.png
3SijZSx.jpg

Mackenzie laughed coldly at Elijah's statement. "If we don't get the Sword of Saint George then we may as well end ourselves." She stood, pacing away a few steps before turning back to face the pair on the step. "I've seen what happens when he gets that sword, the first place he visits is here." She bit the inside of her cheek to keep herself from elaborating; neither of them needed to know the details beyond the basics. "Our biggest issue right now isn't just finding that sword before him, it's wielding it. The second we have it Adam and his forces will be onto us and we have no way of stopping them."

She glanced across the lawn, some of the neighbors were out, enjoying the evening with their families. "Let's go inside. We don't need to bring anyone else into this for now - there isn't anything any of us can do."

1539053864774.png
William relaxed as Chase reassured him that everything was fine, some of the tension having visibly drained from the wolf as confirmation. He nodded, slowly piecing together just who this enigmatic visitor was. He didn't pretend to be any expert on the Pack, but he'd heard mentions of Manitou in the previous weeks. Aside from that, the deity gave off the vibe of a good-natured albeit wistful grandfather watching over his children's children -- and it wasn't just the vessel he was walking around in, either. Returning the smile slowly, Will followed the two to find a seat to observe the festivities.

Crono Crono

1539054097212.png
It was all Adelaide could do to avoid beaming at Emile as the Alpha transitioned into the unrepentant charmer she had heard so much about from Morgan and Chase. Were it not for the fact that he was spoken for (and only interested in men, of course), she'd probably be flushing at the attention. She waved away Emile's apology, responding in his own native tongue. "We certainly have time. I would be glad to attend. It's an honor to finally see the rest of the Pack."

1539054465272.png
Elijah nearly grimaced at the dejected tone in Mackenzie's voice as she acknowledged the difficulty of their situation if they found the sword... and the sheer hopelessness if they didn't. Unsure of what to say, he simply nodded at her suggestion and stood up, taking Ash's hand in his own as they shuffled back into the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back