• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Mjr Sadensei - Streets of LA

She drifted the vehicle with a steer of the wheel like it was nothing, and, pulling the brake, stopped it perfectly in the parking spot. She lowered her window, pointing at a rusty gate in the middle of a man-high brick wall a couple paces down the street. Behind it were a few scruffy-looking building and piles of metallic junk. There was a tinge, a faint smell of salt in the air, indicating that they were close to the sea.

"Here we are. San Piedro's naval scrapyard. There should be anything you need and more." she addressed Mazok. Well, that was only partly true, as she didn't really know what he needed - but considering that this scrapyard had served for over a century for both civilian and military ships there would surely be enough to be used to circumvent any missing part issue. "Don't take too long though. We aren't exactly on a super tight timetable, but we don't have all day either. One hour, give or take twenty minutes. It's not like the guys in the bay are gonna find the sub all by themselves in the meanwhile, but we can't risk taking too long to get there and the sub being gone."

She sighed, and glanced at Thomas.

"I'm bored. I thought there'd be more tension, something making me feel alive, not just like that. I feel like I'm lacking any kind of purpose here. How is it for you, when you're deployed ? Oh, and by the way, how the hell did you come to work with us ? The colonel never wanted to tell me, but the info doesn't look classified, I just can't find out."

chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Mazok nods and exits the car, his Boyz fallowing and helping sort through the junk of the yard. grabbing some destroyed communication's equipment and a radar area as Mazok quickly started a fire and began to shape the helmet to fit his own helm.. even though it was made from polymer. as they talked he also shaved some more fungus from his arm and planted it. a trio of orks emerging and, after some orders they went out into the junkyard. the pair from the beginning going to join them. after half an hour he returned, new helm on his head.. a lot uglier but definitely functional as he got in the car. "the others will join us, i'm having them make a transport for themselves." thomas noticing a device wrapped around his wrist that wasn't there before.

Natalie Brenton

-Inside the mind of a Brit-
Agas was locked in a full-nelson, Natalie's psyche holding her in place. "There! You had your talk, you're done now!" The spirit laughed, not even trying to get out of the nelson. "I like him, he's got stones. Next time he spits in my face though, I'm punting him into the pacific. He can't die unless we eat his soul, he'll just be inconvenienced. It might even be amusing!" Natalie kicked the spirits knee out, starting to give her the same treatment she had gotten oh so recently...not that Agas really seemed to care. "I'm less pissed about that, more so the fact you tore me out of my fucking body again! That pisses me off more than anything else, you absolute tosser!" Agas laughed again before bracing on the ground, turning to look at her partner. "Oh you know it's not a big deal...we're even one way or another. How much did you hear?" CRACK "More than enough, you muppet!"
-outside the mind of a Brit-

Natalie groaned, eyes fluttering open. Her head hurt...but only because she face planted. There wasn't a headache, only physical pain. She sat up, wiping her nose with the back of her hand...dammit, nose bleed. Wait...where was Darren? Where was the clothes...where was her undergarments!? "I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt...but if he stole them, he really is dead from the neck up." Sliding off the bed she made her way to the bathroom to wash her nosebleed away. After that she grabbed her things and made her way to the elevator, riding them down to the bottom floor and heading to the laundry room. Entering the room she gave a small huff of relaxation...he was doing the laundry, good kid. "Hey there sunshine. I was worried you liked my underwear a bit too much, guess you're just doing laundry." She walked into the room, hands in her leather jacket pockets. "So whats with the doom and gloom look?...You alright? Sorry about...that. She caught me by surprise, didn't really get a say in the matter."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Thomas Black

Thomas was pretty silent the entire ride, sipping his soda every so often, watching videos on his phone, glancing out the window every so often. Things were going fine so far...maybe today wouldn't be too bad after all. They came to a stop at the scrapyard, causing him to glance out the front window again. Well...guess they were waiting then. Then came the question, causing him to heave a small sigh and pocket his phone. It used to make his blood run cold, being asked why he was coming along. He didn't get that effect anymore, he kept his composure...it just sucked. "Yea...they're good about not telling you everything. Being deployed makes me...anxious, in a way. I prefer it slow, quiet, peaceful." He rolled his head back into the car seat, Mazok wasn't in the car at the moment, just him and Amber. "The info isn't the traditional sort of classified. It's don't ask, don't tell. Only people who get to find out are those who...get saddled with me." He puffed his cheeks, exhaling slowly. "So...let's start from the top. I'm working with you in case of worst-case scenario. A terrorist attack on U.S soil is never a good thing, I'm here in case it goes to hell. Or...if you need someone to forcefully pull the sub onto dry land....you know that lovely little rumor that gets passed around the base? Some sort of monster that gets set out as needed, a big old 'point towards enemy'?...That's me. If it goes wrong, you're supposed to shove me towards the danger, and just clear out. They'll come collect me after you radio an all-clear." The more he talked about it, the more his mood visibly dipped into the earth, nose-diving towards the face of the earth. "We call me Brawler, because it's a lot easier than 'The Beast'...guess it sounds nicer too."

As Mazok came back he glanced towards the green behemoth, giving him a nod. Taking note of the...something on his wrist he raised an eyebrow, coughing into his fist a bit. "What'd you strap to your wrist there?"
chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

'i dunno.. i think it's dakka.. i'm not sure though.." he looked at it. clearly trying to figure out it's purpose. "after i finished the helm i had some materials left over.. so i let my hands work for a little bit.. now.. i have this."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Zaphkiel - Beverly Hilton

She listened, she saw them going away, and she did not speak a word.

No, there would be no flight from this prison for her today. There would be no joy, no respite to be had within her life's confines, as long as she was bound to this world, this person. All she could hope to do was sail this river of tears and hope for it to come to an end, to give her a chance to go, to leave, to leave it all behind and return to her peace. It was a sad melody that played in her soul, the notes ginning hauntingly as she let her mind wander in the depths of melancholy. A dim light was shining. Yes... There was a dream to be had there, something to distract her.

Light steps upon shallow waters, shining spirit with twice seven wings, and scars where should have been the eighth and nine pairs. They should have regrown, too, but a demon lord's curse is no laughing matter, and three thousand years later she could still feel the pain, the feeling of sinew being pulled on, torn apart, the squishy flesh ripping itself off from end to end, the feathers scattering, her own screams, high-pitched, anarchic, tainted, and the laughter, the laughter, the laughter... Sound without meaning, trilling in her ears, making her soul vibrate, deep as hell and cold as death, ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing senseless in her ears like a maddened melody of torture and glee... It was never going to cease, repeating itself louder and loude-

"enough. enough, enough, ENOUGH !"

Screaming, pleading, crying. Voices hissing, slithering sounds of pain; all wings spread out, arching and trembling like a frightened owl's - and the nascent dream shattered, the vision falling into darkness as she tried to grasp it back - shattered glass cutting the tip of her fingers as the darkness slithered and writhed around her, dragging her down drowning, oniric puzzle disappearing into the void of lost thoughts. But the laughter was stifled. At least. Now... Terrifying silence remained, even though she tried to force the pieces together, drawing with broken mirrors a laughing mask beneath a black hood, standing in a wooden ferry, rowing down a dark river.

"Pay the coin"

And it echoed, distorted by the cracks in its existence, sizzling like molten stone, creaking and crackling, filled with static and hurting the ears.

"Pay the coin"

She felt herself running on the shore, breathless, body aching, trying to catch up, grasping hand reaching out for his hand, desperate and wanting, but failing and falling down, staring at the rowboat being rowed down the river; the dream fell apart for good, the pieces clinking as they fell and disappeared.

-

She was curled up, her legs against her chest, bundled up with her arms, rocking back and forth, eyes empty as she repeated the sentence. There was no light - she was surrounded by dimness and shadows, all light pushed away by the nightmare in her mind. The soft voice, tiny and unsure, trembling as it trilled its marvelous notes - it was troubled, broken, like that of a bird fallen from its nest.

"Pay the coin... Pay the coin..."

But she felt that she had none, that she could not pay. She rose to her feet, slowly walking out of the suite, the lights being pushed away as she came forth. She was invisible, just a glimmering shape, a silhouette of crystalline lines barely existing in this world - but here in the dark that she had made herself unknowingly, she was as the sun, the only sight drawing gazes like there was nothing else in the world, and nevermind that she was clothed in her plain white robe, that her transfixed stare was enough to make anyone back down, that she was barefoot or that the sound of her steps was eerily absent - she was as a ghost, but one of radiance and silence.

She walked out of the hotel, and here the sky was grey without light or darkness and her aura vanished, replaced by the usual emptiness of cloudy days, her eyes showing their dullness under those colorless heavens. Step after step, step after step, step after step, hypnotized by a self-made dream, seeking what could not be found, she wandered the streets akin to a lost soul, repeating endlessly, murmuring ceaselessly one sentence.

"Pay the coin..."

But, there was a light indeed. She turned the corner of a street, and she saw it, she saw her. A girl who was warm, a girl with a light inside her. Her eyes like mirrors, reflecting that light, she walked up to her with unsure steps, her head tilting like an old clockwork, her lips thinning into a smile - it would have been beautiful, had she not been trapped in her dream; now it was terrifying, the truth of someone inhuman laying bare, she was smiling like the monster she was, made by a greater hand than anything there was, and yet she was imperfect, unable to understand who she was, and she was lost.

But she had found a light.

She reached out to the girl, putting her hand against hers.

"You feel warm..."

Something prickled her cheek, cold and soft. She looked up, and the clouds were crying.

"Ah... It's starting to rain..."

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

shield.jpgDarren
Darren was so deep in thought there could have been a shooter drill going on and he probably wouldn't have noticed. He had gone down the rabbit hole of the internet on weapons that may or may not be able to hurt angels, and there seemed to be no coming up for air. That was, until he got completely and utterly jumpscared by Natalie.

His phone was thrown from his hands as he jerked in surprise, "WEAPONS WHAT WEAPONS?!" His eyes darted to meet hers and blush rushed to his cheeks, "I-um-what? Sorry. It's okay." Darren scrambled to his feet and smooshed her cheeks together in his hands, a jumpy, squirrely dork for the moment, "Wait don't worry about me! Are you okay? Agas seems so forceful. She's kind of an asshole. I didn't even ask to see her wings! I feel like an idiot."

He dropped his hands after only a moment, and scooped up his phone again, hugging it to his chest protectively, "I... uh... I was looking up weapons that can hurt angels in case I need to try to stop her from creating a miniature apocalypse. Would it work, no... but I feel like I'd at least need to try. A-and I guess I'm a little down, but um... I don't really want to tell you why. I don't want to lie to you though since I'm pretty sure lying is a small sin or something and I don't want Agas to like me any less than she already does." He brushed his screen. There was no damage to it - his case was actually really nice and durable because his phone got tossed a lot. His Father messaged... He frowned at the screen.

Father
them
I'm proud that you started to get into the right line of work, but disappointed that it seems to have stopped. You and I need to have a discussion. Once I'm there, we will. I expect you to be less... raggedy looking when we meet. Get your hair cut. You look like a mop.

"I um... I'm sorry. I... um... are you sure you're okay?"

Natalie Brenton

Should she have laughed? No, absolutely not. Did she? Yes, absolutely, quite loudly in fact. She clutched her stomach, doubling over a bit in laughter. For a kid who was practically immortal he was so jumpy, it was sort of cute. She held up her hand, asking for a minute, taking deep breaths of air to calm down. "I am so sorry, I shouldn't have laughed." Straightening up she moved over to him, stopping short of him, flicking her hair over her shoulder again. "Me? Yea, I'm all good. Small nosebleed, head hurts from it slamming on the ground, all good besides that. She is super forceful, but I don't really have any side effects...and not kind of. She's a total tosser. Don't antagonize her next time, please, alright? Don't want anything happening to you."

She turned around, leaning on the washing machine, arms folding across her chest. "Huh...nice initiative. Sad to say though, you'd wind up killing me sooner than you killed Agas. But that's another story for another time. She won't cause an apocalypse...least I don't think so. She hasn't done it yet at least." She gave a small shrug, as if the entire conversation was completely normal. "Listen, I trust you. You haven't given me a reason not too yet, you're just a depressed kid who could use a turn around in their life. Maybe get a girlfriend...or a pet. We could get you a tortoise? Those live forever. We could name it Buckler." She flashed a cheeky grin, not bothering to look at his phone. She wasn't some invasive ass hole, wasn't her place. "I swear, I'm good. Don't you go apologizing either, you did the right thing. Agas is the bitch in this situation. Well...I'm up and about, and we've got laundry going. What now, love?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten

1594752179636.pngArachnidemon
"While the Father is away, Arachnidemon gets to play!" Serenity whispered to herself as she walked about town. Was she supposed to go out and run amuck? No. Did she care? Also no! She had done a quick costume change, making it look like purple ooze coated her body, then was off and zipping about town with a bright, lightning blue length of rope. This whole getup was based on another little hero - Wolfspider - one that she had claimed was her archnemesis, which was super fun. Mind you, she was only twelve, and it kind of showed considering she was this small little 80 lbs purple menace. She only ever did little crimes - stealing was her favorite since it gave her such a rush and felt so dangerous! Her second favorite though was trespassing and exploring, which was what she wanted to do right now.

According to the radio, there was a submarine off of the coast! She had never seen a sub before! That said she didn't want to get too close.

She saw nearby along the coast a naval scrapyard with a van in it. Honestly, she thought herself to be such a sneaky little ninja. It would be a good place to sit and wait for more information, close enough she could see the coast, but far enough away that she didn't have to deal with any stinky heroes. She swung in from the rear and landed atop the roof of the car with a massive DOOM DOOM, which probably sounded even larger for the people sitting inside the van. That said, she didn't actually realize there were people inside. She just thought that it was waiting like there were people inside the building of the scrapyard or something.

Arachnidemon made her landing with ease but didn't exactly stick it as the light rain made the metal roof slippy. Her feet went out from under her, and after the two initial bangs, there was a third that was her slipping onto her ass and back, followed by her own little soft squeak of surprise.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

shield.pngDarren
Darren was still blushing, quite brightly, in fact. About as bright as her laughter was loud. "It's hard not to antagonize her when she's such a pain," he grumbled, then let out a sigh, "Damn. I didn't have super high hopes, but I wanted some way to slow her down if I needed to. Anyway, tortoises are adorable, girls are a pain in the ass. Buckler is an adorable name, but I feel like I shouldn't get a pet without a permanent place of residence."

The police radio muttered another event going on, only a green, but it was some creepy guy staring at kids.

"Maybe we could check out that if your head's not too bad, then... um... you could try to cut my hair?" he said, then gave a weak smile. The last thing he wanted to do was get his hair cut. He had to though... if his father said to do it, then he needed to do it. He swallowed nervously, "If we do a little green event, it gives us something to do while we wait for laundry to finish. Then we can come back and... I love my hair long... but I should look... professional... or something."

Natalie Brenton

She flashed another cheeky grin, patting him on the shoulder. "Worst case scenario, your job in that situation is to get everyone you can out of the area. That's all. Sooner or later I'll get a hold on her, you just have to make sure nothing is in her sights. Or you know...keep something in her sights if you need it dead...God above, I'm not looking for to having an in depth conversation with her one day. Please no screaming or existential crises then, okay?" She pat him on the shoulder again, as if that ominous little statement didn't just happen. "Oh, so I'm not as much good as a tortoise? A pain in the ass, eh?" She was just being cheeky of course, but he's the one who said it.

"Tell you what. We'll get you a tortoise just as soon as we can find a place to put em. Sound good? Shield and Buckler...perfect." Glancing towards her pocket from whence the alert had come from she rubbed her neck in thought. "Mmm...yea, sounds good. I don't want to scare a bunch of kids, but I also don't like how this sounds. Waaait a fucking second-" She reached out, grabbing the front of his shirt and pulling him forward. "You adorable little bastard, what's going on in that head of yours? You made it clear you liked your hair long, and I told you to never give a damn what someone thinks about you. That means how you act, how you look, anything. Even if I cut your hair, it'd be a light cut like you asked...why the sudden change of heart? You answer me that, and then we'll go to work."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

shield.pngDarren
Darren dropped his eyes to the floor like an abused puppy dog, head dipping ever so slightly as she held his shirt in her hand, "I... um... ugh... damn it. I don't want to lie to you. Just. Here, read." He gave in so easily and offered his phone to her, "My mum... and then my Father too. I just wanted to make sure my mum's okay, but she... kind of went off on me. Apparently her sister, who's a hero over here in the states, found out I got into intern hero stuff. She watches lists like a hawk. She told my mum, and then my mum told my father and... they're going to head over here in a few days. My Father told me I need to cut my hair."

His head drooped even further, "I wanted to hide it so that I could try to avoid you guys ever meeting. I don't want to piss my Father off though, so I need to clean myself up... like he said."

He finally brought his head back up and forced a smile on his face, "I don't want to keep worrying about it anymore, though. I don't want to be a mopey little thing about it. How about we go out and you show me how to be a hero, yeah? Heck, maybe one of these days we can even meet my aunt! I've never met her before, but she'd adore you from what I've heard about her." Darren tried to move past her out the door, "We can talk about my hair later. Yeah?"

Detective Marshall; Hilton Hotel

LA traffic moved slow, didn't matter who you were. You could be some average joe trying to get from point A to point B, you could have a nice vintage car, you could be an eldritch abomination, traffic moved for no man. This simple fact didn't prove to damper the optimistic attitude of Adam, knowing full well he'd still get there one way or another. And get there they did, the purple 1960's Shelby GT350 pulling into a parking space in solemn silence. Popping open his driver-side door, the classic 'Californication' by Red Hot Chili Peppers could be heard cutting through the relative quiet of the air, only for that too to cut off with the car. "Gimme a sec, I'll get your door." Adam got out of the car and shut the door up behind him, moving around the front of his car to the other side to get the passenger side for Sylvia.

"Not sure what we're working with today, we don't have a lot of evidence. Every statement that's been made has been retracted, no physical evidence, and this has been going on for a week now. Suppose we just have to make sure it's not two weeks, right?" He flashed the woman inside a small smile, holding the door for her. Reaching into a pocket of his trench coat he pulled out a small notepad, a pencil nicely put into its rings at the top. He glanced up, light rain pattering against his face. "You going to be alright? I didn't pack an umbrella."
image0.jpg
13-classic-recreations-gt500cr-purple.png
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Natalie Brenton/ SoulFlare

Keeping her grip on his shirt he studied him, releasing him to read the phone. Her eyebrow twitched, ever so slightly, as she looked through the texts. "I see...Well first of. I don't give a damn about what your parents say, let alone you think. We'll cut your hair if you want your hair cut. Not when someone tells you too, not when someone thinks you should. You do that when you want too. I'm not going to let you be pushed around like some barbie for dress up, I'd sooner shave my own damn head. And I'm frankly liking the look I got rocking." She took a step back, heaving a sigh. "Darren, one way or another, things are going to happen. Of that much, I'm certain...anyways yea. I'll show you what I do on a day to day basis. If things go bad, remember what I said. Your job is civilian duty, first aid if you have too. You can't get hurt, even by my fire. Use that fact. Sound good, love?"

Following him out of the laundry room it was a quick little detour so she was sure she was out of sight of anyone and anything, and she was up in flames. Agas took such great joy in them doing work, she was practically giggling like a schoolgirl in her head. And that giggle turned to laughter, and it blended into two voices in one head. Within two minutes, both SoulFlare and Shield were seated on the HellCycle, speeding down the road and over wall, a trail of licking fire following the vehicle. Travel was quick, the bike screeching to a halt as she tore the handlebars to the side to skid, the two of them brought short of the playground. Once both were off it ceased to be, consumed in a bonfire. "Keep your eyes open, and stay with me." The flaming skull clad in leathers started forward, a scent hitting her nostrils. Profound and vile, the likes of which made the human portion of her mind want to retch and gag. The scent of decayed flesh and burning skin, acrid and awful. Skull swiveled around, only to find the culprit. A male in a dark cloak just...standing there watching the playground and the children there. She couldn't make out his face, it was hidden by a shadow. About 5'7, not very imposing. But looking longer, it became deeply apparent of what she was looking at. A soul, black as jet and tar, charred thoroughly in sin and evil. There was no good, no light, only darkness that let to more darkness.

Millions dead by him alone, worse than many demons, worse than war itself...all wrapped in one tight package. Her jaws opened, a hiss escaping her, crackling fire embers on her breath. "Get back, Shield." A hand went back, shoving the young man back at least half a dozen steps. The chain that wrapped around her arm like a bracelet slunk low, inches above the ground, coating itself in hellfire. There was only one explanation at the moment for such a soul...such a soul in LA. Occard Alliance. And his name, written and etched into his soul, just like every other...Finis. What? That's his name? That has got to be the stupidest fucking name. It doesn't matter, get to work dammit!

She started to move forward, the hook of the chain digging a small trench into the ground. "Finis...Or more accurately, The End. Allow me to be unto you, what your name has been for so many others. Your Occard Alliance has caused untold suffering unto millions. It's only fair...that you taste that suffering. You will face Penance whether you submit to it, or whether I force it unto you. The choice is yours."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

1594770358485.pngSilver Sylvia; Hilton Hotel
Sylvia was humming along to the song without a care in the world on the ride there. There were a few spirits outside that were having fun racing the car, which was always pretty cute, but aside from that it was just an average ride in traffic. She smiled at her husband as she watched him open the door, "Aww, aren't you just a sweetheart. I'll be fine. Besides, we're going in the hotel, aren't we? Though... are they doing renovations?"

She motioned to the large hole in the wall that was now covered with temporary plywall, "Anyway, weird as that is, I guess we'll find out if it's related. Let's see... most likely thing? Blackmail. That's the biggest thing that makes the rich shut up, isn't it? I bet the janitor probably saw something or one of the cleaning ladies."

Beside them was one of her more usual helpers, a friendly spirit orb, "Mm... here's to hoping that someone's a ghost around here, that they have a haunted room or whatever. That way, I'm at least a little more useful to you than a cute notetaker. What do you wanna do first? Talk to the receptionist?"

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Shard and Friends yay.

Shard sighed as he looked at all the paper work. "truly so troublesome. i somewhat miss the time where you had droves of vigilantes on the streets. Much more simpler times. anyways Shardaken Lucrum, roughly 5000 years old. The alias I have been using is Shard Luke. I'd rather stay hidden so my shop isn't destroyed, My main ability is blood magic ranging from support spells to attack. I'm a close range archer and have a tendency to be hard to kill. Fighting and strategy is what I mainly excel at in battle. So I suppose fighting shall work best for me." He answered truthfully while he sent Epherial inside to manage the shop. Why must the job of a hero be filled with semantics, its incredibly simple. Kill people committing crimes. Don't kill people not committing crimes.Who needs all the filler between. Public safety is a civil servants job. Just let the hero handle actual threats. " Will this take long?" He said sighing

"Real name is Kukulian Von Lululian, daughter of Zuzulian. My alias I have been using is Scile the demon of justice. My abilities are punching shit and punching shit even harder. I'd rather keep my name secret and I have previous military experience. So I would feel good as a fighter! its all I know how to do!" Scile laughed explaining herself very bluntly to Jupiter while handing her a dog tag necklace that said "Allied Nations Special assault division Private first class code name Asura" Scile didn't really understand what all this paperwork is for. Ya punch bad people simple right? if people are bad you punch em, if not don't punch em. That's what she told Teddy bear and Churchy. "uhhh is president teddy still around? i had a few drinks with him. He can vouch for me!" scile chimed "Im not smart so uhh, I'd prefer to just punch stuff please." She didn't really understand all this confusing stuff.

Ruru was still confused by all this. Shard and scile were going to become heroes. She looked down as Yami and petted Yamis head some smiling. "you got my back right little bud, that power boost? right? lets put it to some good use as heroes" she whispered to yami before walking to jupiter. "Rurulian Von Lululian. Scrap shards alias and swap it for Luke Dyrk and make mine Ruli Dyrk. 2,058 years old, keep our real names private and my strength is general weapons expert, and whip user. No weapons need to be supplied for me shard can handle that. I'll be a fighter but will also accept rescue jobs if that's possible, I have a feeling you don't have enough heroes that aren't fighters. Let shard take stealth missions as well. He can use his servants as disposable spies." she answered jupiter as shard stared shocked. Today was a crazy day, she turned to Shard and sighed. "we need to talk after this Shard. A long talk including Mother and Scile. I want to hear everything." she told him before walking back inside the store petting Yami. "come on, lets get you some more food." she chimed knowing Yami was uncomfortable around Shard. Shard could only stand confused as Epherial patted Shards shoulder stifling a laugh. "guess shes all grown up now? Feeling old yet boss....... and tha'ts a knife in my stomach, I kinda deserve it but at the same time ow" Epherial joked looking down to see shard stabbed a small dagger into his stomach. Unfazed really.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

~Dietrich~
Goblin Funeral

1594774427326.png He drew in a sharp breath. Perhaps it was morbid, but Dietrich couldn't help but be entranced by the ceremony. Every culture seemed to have its own unique way of honoring their dead and each one was a fascinating display of sorrow and love. The goblins were no exception. The chant began quietly before growing into a powerful wail, every word filled to the brim with their anguish. Dietrich had to resist the urge to try and soothe their pain. They won't appreciate that. No, if he really wanted to help he would see his and Morgan's goal to the end. The blonde stood ramrod straight as the Don said his own piece. The flames of the flower he held were captivating. Flowers were something his mother had always loved. They were both beautiful and tragic; a lovely thing that bloomed into something wonderful only to die shortly after. Humans were the same. It's not fair. Perhaps Morgan could fix that too, the girl was full of surprises after all.

The chanting continued as the ceremony went on. It filled the hills around them and gave life to the dreary atmosphere around them. When the funeral ended, so did the chanting. The sudden silence after so much noise felt wrong. It felt like death. Morgan moved forward with lilies in hand. Dietrich stayed behind, keeping the girl under his watchful gaze. She returned quickly enough, and her presence at his side again was comforting. They stood in silence for a bit before Morgan spoke. She seemed a bit surprised at her own words, like as if she hadn't planned on saying them at all. He smiled at her compassion. It was always warming to see that her family hadn't destroyed her ability to empathize with others.

"I'm sure they will." He didn't offer it as an empty comfort, but rather as a certainty. True evil was punished after all, and that was rare within mere mortals. He doubted that goblins who were cared for so fiercely by their kin were evil. That's right, they're at peace.

((interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Morgan and Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne 's Goblin Gang))

Sherm Tristan

Sherm Sighed as he rubbed the medical brace he got put on yesterday. He had fractured his wrist during the bank robbery yesterday. Even then, he had to nearly jump out a window to get back to work since he woke up handcuffed to his hospital bed. Yesterday was so much trouble, hopefully today has went better. He plugged a small earpiece in and tapped it already prepared to be yelled at. " WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING OUT OF THE HOSPITAL YOU IDIOT!" was the very first thing he heard when he turned it on. "Maryll I'm fine... its only a fractured wrist. besides, you told them to handcuff me to the bed... really?" he asked his secretary Maryll. Event though her job was secretary she was basically getting payed as much as a chairwoman would. "whatever. I'll drag you back to the hospital later, where even are you." she asked sherm. Sherm looked out the window of his Car. "Industrial district I want to check the Foundry we bought, think of plans for it besides the proposed factory. Mainly see its potential." He answered letting his car turn down the street by itself. " Jeez cant you rest for a single day, I have employees heading out tomorrow to survey it anyways." She complained before adding. "your not in one of your dumb industrial cars are ya?" Sherm rubbed his temples taking a bite of a Nutrition MRE "No, im in the Audi. I remember what you told you, "the ceo cant be seen driving around in a giant industrial truck. its bad for PR right?" True enough he was in the Audi that his secrtary forced him to buy.
audi-ai-trail-quattro-concept_100715247.jpgaudi_ai_trail_passenger_quarter_still-01.jpg

"anyway I'm arriving now, Ill call you back soon. Give me an update on project GS when I'm back" he said hanging up as the care pulled into the factory parking close. Stretching he finished up his MRE bar and got out the car. This Foundry was set to be salvaged and the skeleton turned into a new factory. Keep robotics low and offer lots of jobs. Simple concept but hard to pull off. But more jobs was good, and that's what Sherm mostly cared about. Better to turn an old abandoned foundry into something helpful. "Support pillars look mostly fine. Furnaces... Looks mostly operational but i wouldn't risk it with the age. Lets check the-" his words were interrupted by a loud boom and a small shaking of the ground. ".....why can I never catch a break." he whispered to himself as he pulled out his stun gun and held it in his good hand. Walking through the foundry he came upon.... Havoc and the girl from the bank. "oh you've gotta be shitting me." he accidentally said aloud before he quickly hid behind a rusted Conveyor Belt. Hopefully Havoc didn't see him

IMG-3795.JPG
Aia

Interacting with Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Villin Family Kyrenka Kyrenka 's Anne | Mentioned Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon 's Scile

Aia reserved herself to quietly study the room they where in while her mother talked tot he lady. Despite doing her best to be a good girl her curiosity started to get the best of her as her eyes studied over the machines. Slowly she walked over, looking over them curiously before gently touching one of the buttons. In response it let out a loud beep that startled aia and made her quickly go back to her mothers side, hugging Anne's arm tightly with a look that already was begging for forgiveness for touching the beeping thing. she didn't mean to interrupt the conversation with the beep of the machine. She continued to give her mother apologetic looks and apologetic whimpers till the boy came up to her. Feeling him take her hand she looked down to him before back to her mother. Seeing as her mother didn’t reject whatever the child was saying Aia decided to follow him. Holding his hand as she followed after him with a curious look. The place was wonderful to Aia but she didn’t want to get lost so she did the best thing she could. In addition to holding the child’s hand her tail reached around and wrapped around his waist to keep them close to one another while not stopping the child’s movements or restricting him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
c4dde271f9e033e5b02acb132c617de7.jpg
Samantha
Intraction: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Samantha could barely even tell what was happening on the trip up the clock tower. Not even noticing where they were until she was sat down. Looking up to the woman she smiled and gently patted her cheek. "You are to sweet to me." Samantha mumbled to her as she pulled a cigarette pack out with her other hand. as she lit the Cigarette her eyes looked out at the view and she sighed, Watching the surroundings as she lit the cigarette and took a deep inhale in. "Hey lady!" She called out after a second. "Come here nd sits wit me." She asked of Annabelle before sticking the smoke back in her mouth to take another deep inhale.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
c63c93c2a8b99149b78a2915eb69694f.jpg
Charlie
Interaction: Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Mention: Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Charlie watched the situation for a little while longer before sighing. "Well this kinda stinks. I didn't even get to do anything, i got here only to see that my task has already been completed." She mumbled with a small frown. Pulling out her phone she redialed the Number Corsair had called her on in an Attempt to notify her of what happened. "Hello Ms.Corsair? Its Charlie, the task you sent me to do has been dealt with though not by me. By the time I got here it was already taken care of by two other hero's." She explained to Corsair nervously, hopping she didn't fail Charlie for this and not accept her.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

unnamed.jpg
Viara
Interaction: Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Viara was simply window shopping. The job yesterday had ended well despite the set back. The red woman definitely helped her out which was nice. So in the end she got paid her massive wad of cash and decided to take this day to show. Standing there staring in one of the windows to a store with her usual calculating look on her face. Her mind was elsewhere of course, mostly on upgrades for her arm and leg covers. So much so that she didn't notice a woman approaching her. Had no clue she was even there till she felt the gentle sensation of a hand gently sliding into hers. Quickly Viara's head turned to look at the woman and for a split second she was ready to attack, but she froze when she saw the woman that was holding hands with her. She looked sad, more than sad she looked broken. Despite her rather cautious personality seeing this broken woman and hearing her comments she slowly relaxed.

Seeing the raindrop fall on the woman's cheek Viara knew she didn't have an umbrella and so she pulled her own out. "Miss are you ok?" Viara asked as she pulled her a little closer and opened the umbrella with her other hand before holding it up over them to keep this woman dry. in the back of her mind though she was quite surprised this woman was so ok with even coming this close let alone trying to hold her hand, it was in fact covered entirely in specialized metal along with her legs. In other words a clear sign of some kind of super power. It was a welcome thing though deep in Viara's heart. Even if this girl was powered too it felt nice to be seen as if her gloves weren't even there
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31d6ef6d50e2abc2efc91117982f0bc2.jpg
Yami
Interaction: Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten

Yami stayed nuzzled tightly to Ruru through Ruru's interactions with everyone else. She was cautious but happy to be in Ruru's arms. She almost fell asleep even until Ruru started talking to her. Looking up to Ruru with her big innocent eyes Yami smiled happily and nodded. Looking to the others as Ruru started to carry her off she waved bye bye to them with her upper right hand, Her upper left was gently held to her mouth where she sucked on one of her claws and her lower arms where tucked in at her tummy. When they where far enough away Yami turned her attention to Ruru with a happy smile and started to squirm a little. Reaching up she grabbed onto Ruru's right shoulder and started to lift herself up, wanting to sit up high on Ruru's shoulders.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image2.jpg
Havoc
interactions: Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Havoc was rather surprised as she watched Rita actually get the Laddle in the air and hold it there for a lot longer than expected. Hearing her apologize havoc practically beamed with joy as she walked over and hugged the girl from behind. "Awwww no no no don't apologize sweetie. To be honest cutie i didn't expect you to actually be able to lift it. I wanted to see how hard you would at least try to but as we can both tell. You are a lot stronger than you or I thought." She said giving Rita some reassuring head pats. "It will take time but eventually i will get you to a point where that Cauldron will feel like lifting a simple piece of paper." Havoc informed Rita with a rather pleased smile. That smile of course only grew when she heard the unmistakable voice of the pretty boy from yesterdays robbery make the mistake of calling out. Immediately her eyes where locked on him with a uneasingly innocent smile. "Oh and who might that be over there?" She cooed to him as she patted rita's head a few more times before letting go of the girl. "Better come out or something will be coming over there that you don't want." Havoc called as a little ping pong ball sized ball appeared in her hand. "Ill give you to the count of 5 cutie!" She called one last time to Sherm.​

Last edited:
1594817870585.pngOA Member - Finis
Darren smiled a little and nodded, confidence returning to him ever so slightly. She was right... it was his choice. Maybe he could keep his hair long... even if it'd piss off his Father. Heck, he'd even keep him on read! She was also right in that it was going to come to a head... that a fight would happen. Someone would die. He... couldn't think of that right now. Honestly, he couldn't handle thinking about it without wanting to burst into tears.

Moving on to actual hero work... Okay, the motorcycle was really really cool. Like really really cool. It was so fast, and that trail of fire, and aaaaaaaaaaaaaah so cool! It made him want to get a bike, but he also realized that he'd only be disappointed now. No other bike did this. Idly, he wondered if she could change the bike's shape. Did it have to be a bike? Could it look like a different kind of bike? Could it have a sidecar? Could she change her flame's color if she wanted to? None of these questions were actually important, but ah well.

"Wasn't planning on closing them," he muttered in response to the eyes open and stay with her comment, giving a shrug. They were near a playground, which had kids giggling and running around on it all over. His eyes were on them when she suddenly said to get back, and he got a little, "What do you m-" before he was shoved back six feet at least. WAS SHE REALLY GOING TO HAVE A FIGHT HERE, IN FRONT OF CHILDREN?! He froze for a moment... that was until she started talking again.

This man... Finis... Occard Alliance... what? She had to be kidding. She didn't seem like sort but she just had to be kidding. There was no way. It had been almost ten years! No one had seen them or heard from them since!

He felt his body move before he registered what he was doing. Had to get the kids and families out of here. No other option. Shield turned to face the playground. Some of the quicker parents had already picked up on the seriousness of the scene and started to grab their kids, but so many more were oblivious. He ran over to where the parents mostly were, a conglomeration of seats that butted up against the edge of the playground's sand, and got to work convincing them they had to leave like yesterday.

The man was eerily calm. His movements were slow as he pulled his hands out from beneathe the cloak and up in a show that he had no weapons. A golden symbol could be seen across his chest, OA. He spoke, and his voice wasn't anything notable, slightly feminine, "Oh my. You've called me out so quickly. I expected a bit more of a dance before we got to this point. I don't mind facing penance, but I am oh so curious. You're willing to do so so close to so many children?"

"Are you going to call backup, little hero? You do know our score, don't you? Yet you think you can handle me on your own? It's bold, I'll give you that. Alas, as much as I'd love to have a fight with you, I regret to inform you that I'm not here in person. This is merely an extension of myself. Ohh... I could always change that though if you and I want to level a little bit of Los Angeles?"
he lifted his head up, his grin showing through the darkness before the rest of his face did. His tongue licked around the edges, eagerness pouring off of him in waves.

"The others might get... a bit annoyed... It's not in the plans, after all, but such confidence... mm... I'd love to go toe to toe. What do you say? If you can beat me, I'll give you some hints about our plans. Sound fair? Sound fun?"

Mazok heard the thumps, waited a couple seconds. and sighed. "seems we have a stowaway..." as he rolls down the window and looks up to the roof. "you know you coulda just knocked right? i mean the more the merrier right? as they say." before getting out and holding the door. helm scanning her and calculating possible paths of movements with a clunky AR overlay. "that is, if you wanted to help find the black fang's sub."

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

jupiter.pngJupiter
Jupiter said little as she jotted down the information, then promptly changed some of it as Ruru stepped up to the plate. She had gotten the impression the girl was weak-spined. Nice to see she was wrong...

"Could you please refrain from stabbing your workers, thralls, or otherwise, while I am here? It's distracting. Scile, if you have previous military experience I could just make a call and use your paperwork from then. You'll have to do a new test but it should be fine otherwise. Unfortunately, humans don't live that long so the Bull Moose is not still around. He died in 1919. It's 2058 this year," Jupiter mused, her eyes not wavering from the papers as she tapped down the line.

"Ruru please hurry back. We aren't done yet," she called out before moving on, "Right... There are a number of things heroes are not allowed to do. Generally, what they're not allowed to do, is break the law. It's not rocket science. As a hero, however, you're offered a lot of leniencies. If you're private and not with a company, then there are a lot of insurance agencies that will help out with any assholes that are salty about getting hurt while being saved. Generally speaking, they don't win any cases unless it's a really extraordinary circumstance, so you're fine. And yes. You will get tax breaks for being a hero."

"When do you want to do the physical and written tests? They can be done on different days. The written test is almost entirely on the current laws. The physical though is meant to test your limits so you can be placed in a category."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Detective Marshall; Hilton Hotel

He glanced over his shoulder towards the supposed renovations, falling silent. "Hmm...no, I don't think so. The hole in the wall is uneven, and the plywall is hastily put up. If I had to guess, it was a super incident, and they're having to repair the aftermath. Luckily, most insurance companies handle that anyway, so they'll be fine. Not much we can really do about it, I'm afraid." Reaching out, he gently took his wife's hand and gave it a small squeeze. "Brilliant as always. Blackmail is probably involved, but to what end we can't say yet. We also don't have specifics on what was stolen, if it's small nonsensical things we can likely rule out blackmail. Another way to silence the well off is to pay them off one way or another."

Pulling the collar of his trenchcoat up a bit he nodded his head in a 'come on' motion, starting towards the hotel entrance, glancing at the spirit orb for a second. "Even if there isn't any spirits around, you're still a great asset to have. You're more than a cute note talker, don't sell yourself short. Anyways...we're going to check with the receptionist first. Then from there, we'll probably speak to a janitor. Alternatively, we may speak to the guests in general. There is more than enough residents here in general, someone must have seen something. Worst comes to worst, I'll pull a trick out of my sleeve."
Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Deathkitten Deathkitten

Anabella Bonner née Levi

Her head snapped to the direction of Samantha who had taken a seat, suppressing a laugh as she walked over. "Miss Samantha, my name is Anabella, please refer to me as such?" She sat down beside the wolf eared woman, crossing her legs at the ankles and folding her hands in her lap. She gazed out the clocktower window, eyes continuing their transition back and forth. "I thought you may prefer this view...it's soothing. It has a beautiful view of the park as well...a sight not enough get to see. I've always liked clocktowers you know. Some people consider them spooky or terrifying, eerie perhaps...I find the peace inside nice, however. If you close your eyes and relax you forget you're alone." Well, usually. In Anabella's case, she was well aware that they weren't alone, spirits floating around aimlessly inside the Clocktower, like some sort of spirit magnet that sucked them in, a great vortex for lost souls. "Tell me, Miss Samantha. If you were to die, would you have any regrets? If you would, how can I help you fix that?"

SoulFlare

Shield was moving to clear out the playground, and damn was he efficient. The OA asshole hadn't even finished his little monologue and the kid had already cleared out at least 90% of the children and parents and was working on the last bits. Good work, kid. "I don't dance around the subject, it wastes time I could be using for better things. If your concerned about the children...I'll happily drag you a few yards off by your throat so they don't have to witness me ripping your heart out." She tilted her head slightly, her wrist slowly spinning so that the chain began to cut through the air in a buzzsaw motion, an infernal hair slicing hiss escaping it. It wasn't very fast, but even at its modest pace the noise it made was terrible. "I don't need help to step on a rat. I'll need help scraping you off the bottom of my shoe, but that's about it. If your goal is intimidation, you're failing...miserably. I know your score, I know what you've done....you seem to think I give a shit. I don't. Your score, what you've done...that's why I'm going to fry you."

She gave the chain a little more slack, which effectively let it start to cut a trench into the ground beside her. An offer for information, and the chance to give him what he deserved? The choice was easy. "If your that eager to die, I'd be happy to give you what you want. But if your only strength is leveling buildings, I'm afraid I'm not impressed. You think you have to destroy buildings to get anything done, level part of a city? I'm not sure if you're pathetic...or perhaps we're overcompensating for something? Your voice is vaguely feminine after all..." Out of the corner of her eye she noticed Shield was clearing out the last few individuals...good. A nice big room to grind this mans face into the ground. She reached into a pocket, pulling out the Hero Radio. She wasn't calling for backup, so much as she was making the severe situation known. "This is SoulFlare, S Class hero. I have a confirmed OA member in my presence at the park, in reference to the earlier code green. I'll be engaging, make all efforts to clear the area and prevent damages." With that done she put the radio away staring at him. "I don't need backup...but I have to let them know the situation, and where to find the corpse."

EeJXmO_eNfj0o53-7waA5mzjfZe0TVtHeAhV5ZOZD_3HIBIQo_Ptgx6Z7ok1-P6XmaXr81E1rFg--pv4aRnki5t8alik8HkcIeR48f6bMwfNNMhsLeZnn8UqrkM5NCTV6xF2rddA
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back