• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
1669456389191.pngCult Activity
Cult activity has been reported in the hills north of LA near where there was a flattened mountaintop last month. Summonings have been reported as the area is now dangerous to those without ample mental protections. The cult is reported to be trying to summon a god. The area is now infested with eldritch horrors. Use caution if responding.

The forest is dark despite the time of day, the light rain only making the problem worse. Strange noises reverberate through the trees that cause headaches just from hearing it, and figures flick in and out of sight.

1669458439670.pngShoggoth, Anyone?
Though authorities are uncertain as to if it is related to the other eldritch alert, a minion of an “old one” has been spotted in a highly populated suburb. The appearance of such a dangerous entity has caused the area to go on lockdown. Requesting a hero to respond that can withstand the mental effects of such a creature. Scouts claim it to be some form of fearsome shoggoth.

The creature, a huge mass of wriggling slime-like ever-changing appendages, did not look to have a goal in mind - or if it did it was unknown. It was consuming some poor unfortunate soul that didn’t manage to get away or heed the lockdown order.

1669462468253.pngLexi and Mable
Lexi had gotten more familiar with Morgan in the last month and a half. She was absolutely adorable, but wow was she paranoid about security. Even more than Lexi was herself, and Lexi considered herself to be pretty worried about that sort of thing, considering that she had erased her own government information. Still, even with that, she was fun to hang out around. Constantly busy, incredibly smart, and with a fierce determination bubbling under the surface. It took weeks of chatting with her, and what she figured was some sort of test, before she finally took Lexi up on her offer to help with something. And even then it took weeks longer of doing jobs her and there before Lexi convinced her to let her take her out for brunch. And by take her out, what she really meant was go to her and cook a meal for her. Since Morgan was sooo concerned with security, she figured it’d be easier this way anyway.

She was dressed in a comfy fit suit, something she enjoyed wearing even if it wasn’t 100% fancy or whatever, but her jacket was hanging on a chair nearby and so she was in a vest and nice black jeans. Lexi had on an apron over top of everything and had a big smile on her face as she expertly tossed hash browns and vegetables, eggs in a fluffy omelette in the other pan. The kitchen and dining room smelled amazing. Lexi stole a glance toward Morgan, “I’m almost done! Gonna be so good. I’m starving. Oh by the way. I got the assignments you gave me done already. I could handle more, if you’ll have me~ Doing odd jobs for you is way more satisfying than the regular work I do. Working toward a better world and all that stuff.”

Her thought was cut off by Morgan’s phone going off suddenly, and she gave a quiet sigh as she refocused on the food.

It wasn’t a familiar number, but to get to Morgan’s phone at all was no easy task, and the voice on the other side was very familiar, if wrong. The holder of that voice should have been dead.

“Miss Adler!? Oh sweet fuck I got the right damned combination finally. It’s been over a month! Good lord I’m relieved… This is Mable… or, Author. Very, very pleased to be checking in. I’m in the USA. Southern California. Resurrections kept happening, and I was one of them. Fuck I’m talking too much there’s a whole list of things I should be doing but I’m just so relieved to be actually talking to you.”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

image_2022-11-26_083616060.png
Quinn, King of Alchemy.​
Quinn let out a low sigh as he drove his side by side. "something as valuable as an eternal flame shows up, the least it could do is have the decency to show up close. " He complained as he read police chatter through his head phones. Hopefully he could get there in time, an object like that is like can be used for some high class alchemy, buuut most likely he was gonna have to tussle for it. "Maybe I should have hired a body guard... No they'd try to attack me after we got the fire and sell it for more money than I'm paying them.. God damnit I better be the first one there..." HE complained to no one in particular as he could see the raging inferno from the distance, a firefighter and military perimeter set up around it "Oh god damnit....." He complained as he stared at it. These idiots always caused him trouble, he looked at the paintball gun and large box next to him, how many could he take out... honestly it probably be just more effective to walk through the fire.... they couldnt chase him that way.... maybe he could just go through a tunnel he could make with alchemy? .....no it would be unstable because of the flames... "Gah why cant anything ever be easy!" he shouted out loud as he drove towards the perimeter.

Raum & Oriax
Amazon Shipping Container | "When I said a 'suitable interrogation space', this was not what I had in mind."

In vain, he struggles against his bindings. What the hell happened? One minute he was carrying out a hit, as directed, just like any other regular week, and the next minute, he's attacked by some masked weirdo proclaiming to be the 'Faceless Shadow'. Sure as hell never heard of a Hero with that kind of name, and if this mysterious assailant's filthy mouth were anything to go by, he was far from a hero. A fellow villain, perhaps? After all - and not to brag - he was quite the bigshot in his industry, and he'd made more than just a few enemies in his time.

Clang. Clang.

The sound of heavy padlocks being lifted off a metal door, and the deafening creak as they swing open. He feels a tug at his neck as his kidnapper drags him across the cold, hard floor. "Hey! If you know what's good for you, you'll let me go this instant! I'm far better as your ally, you know that, don't you? Don't think you can just make enemies with Cas-"

BAM.

His head is slammed into a desk with such force it reverberates through the entire room. Dazed, he is suddenly blinded by a harsh light as the sack is viciously yanked from his head. It takes him a few moments to readjust from the sudden, blinding lack of darkness before his vision settles unto a sharply dressed man sitting opposite one of those cheap plastic fold-up tables. In fact, upon closer inspection, he realizes that he had been dragged into what is clearly a random shipping container that looks like it was heisted from Amazon. It looked like some interrogation setup, but not only was he seated on a shitty plastic table, the 'light' shining in his face was, in fact, from a fucking desktop lamp, and as he squinted his eyes, he makes out an unopened PS5 sitting amongst other items stacked up in the back.

"Ahem." The man seated opposite him clears his throat, attempting to gain his attention. "Mr... Caspar," Raum visibly cringes as he addresses his 'guest' by his 'nickname'. "My name is Lucius Ravensworth - I only wish to ask a few questions, if you would cooperate."

He scoffs. The fuck was this guy doing? Some rich manchild playing detective or some shit? "What, with this make-pretend looking ass interrogation room?" He scoffs. Raum seems to glare right past him and toward the man standing at the back as the absolutely comical setup is mentioned.

"This place is safe from prying eyes. That is all that matters. Nevermind the... aesthetics and the like."

He scoffs again. "I ain't telling you shit-"

BAM.

His head is once again slammed into the table, this time with enough force that his skull breaks right through the plastic board, splitting it in half. "OW, FUCK," he curses as he attempts to retaliate, to no avail as his hands were thoroughly chained.

"To be thoroughly clear, Sir Caspar, I will be attaining any and all information I require regardless of whether or not you 'speak'."

In response, he gargles up as much mucus as his dried throat allows, and spits it at Raum, landing square on what looks to be a very expensive leather shoe. This elicits a slight hint of aggravation in Raum's eyes, but it soon passes. The next couple of minutes are filled with utter silence as this 'Lucius Ravensworth' stares intently at him. After around ten minutes of awkward silence, he finally quips up. "The fuck are you doing? Just so you know, I'm not into me-"

"I am finished. Oriax, if you'd please."

Suddenly, a flash. Then, he... tumbles over? Everything instantaneously goes numb, and just for but a moment, he could've sworn he saw... His own headless body?

Two men are seen exiting a shipping container, one carrying a bag stuffed to the brim with goods that were most certainly not his to take. Raum appears to be in deep thought as he takes his steps.

"So, find anything?" Oriax asks, seemingly very interested in whatever topic they were researching with their 'captive'.

"... no," Raum replies briefly.

"Wait, that's it?" Grumbles a disappointed Oriax.

"Only a... passable list of other 'victims'. I hadn't anticipated much, but this method of gathering information seems wholly inefficient."

"Well, any other targets?"

"No. That is the last one I recall in my visions. To be precise, there are a few more, but it appears that the information on more important personnel are far more well-guarded."

"Even for the likes of you?"

"You will find that the countermeasures to mind-control and thought-reading are coincidentally effective on myself."

"But, can't you uncover everything related to a target? So, TECHNICALLY-"

"Only everything strictly related to the targets. The further into 'technicality' we go, the larger the strain, and the risk."

"Oooh, so it's like that time you tried to track a Hound of Tindalos through the corpse of one of its victims and you went blind for eight months?"

"...yes. Precisely like that."

"Soooo? What now?"

"Expand our information network."

"Why would you need to 'expand' when you've enslaved the 'smartest human alive'-"

"Oriax, I don't 'enslave' anyone."

"You can tell me that one more time,"

"Yes, yes. In any case, we've reached our destination. Don't do anything irrational, and just follow my lead."

Looking up, Oriax had realized that he had been so engrossed in conversation with the Archdemon of Secrets that he hadn't noticed that they'd reached the front door of... a bakery? "Wait, the fuck?" He questions, though he is met with no response. Raum only glares at him and gives him the 'just shut up and follow' glare before pushing the door open. Immediately, two demonic auras would creep into the place - one of an incredibly powerful demon, and another... less than an imp..?

"Txqqi, fiiw kiysasf, (Hello, good morning)," Raum exclaims in demonic, though to any bystander, it would sound as if he were just greeting everyone in some exotic foreign language. "May I enquire as to where I may find a Mr.Lucrum?"

Fuck you in particular: Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon | Possibly concerns: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

RONIN
1656875492345.png

ronin was running around from building to building lurking around for anything happening when he suddently gets new info on his modified phone .
he pulls it out and begins reading some of the missions when one catches his sight , it was a red level mission , he has never taken one of those but this one was too good to pass on , a mask , causing people to go mad and gain power to commit crime , if he can get his hands on this mask , maybe he can use it for good , even if he cant , maybe he can gain fame from it , i mean it doesnt sound that bad , atleast not bad enough to get a red level.
"screw it" he says to himself as he starts heading to the location where these crimes have been commited.
he climbs from building to building , its almost muscle memory to his now , he's been doing this for a long time now , even though his powers are mearly superhuman senses he managed to climb up to A rank by taking down small crime and some orginizations , some super villains too , i guess super senses arent that useless after all when you're basically untouchable.
the light rain made him comfortable , almost like white noise , but its also a problem since one of his senses was almost blocked by the noise.
he finally arrives to his destination , he squats on top of one of the closest building waiting for any suspicious looking people.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

char_501_durin_1.png
House of Cain. starring Cain, and Cain

"tonight is pretty busy. lots of problems outside and we havent even sold anything yet." An elven woman said as she listened to the radio as she swept the floor. She was Cain, or well... at least a Cain was putting it better. After that whole problem with the giant cat and her becoming a new Cain... it took her a while but she got very use to this new job. Sure, being a slave to an interdimensional eldtritch beast who takes the form of a shop sounds bound, but for Cain it was better then college. So she was happy to work here. "I'm suprised the house hasnt brought anyone in yet. I feel halloween would be the best time to cause chaos" she asked as she wiped a smudge of a mirror polished shield. "Its because halloween is already filled with chaos. It's like a day off for us." A voice said from the other end of the store. Cain looked over to see a white haired man sitting in a lounge chair. It was the past cain, who by his own words "didnt really have anything planned after not dying so he just stayed here" the New cain Shrugged and looked at the window "hmmm if you say so" she mumbled.]

Casual rita.png"Alright come on. Lets finish up this area before the suns overhead" A Man with a megaphone and orange safety jacket shouted. On the 5 freeway was a large group of criminals doing their required criminal service, Highway cleanup. Rita sighed as she walked around, picking trash up, she had shit luck this month, every time she tried a crime a B class hero or higher showed up. How is that fair! why aren't they doing more important stuff, useless as always.... Rita turned to see some other workers go to pick something up. "Hey, don't touch those, there needles. Better to just use a grabber or let me do it." she said making the needles float up. and dropping them in the trash cans with a sigh. "Don't need you guys getting some disease, it means more work for me..." she complained before getting back to work picking up trash.

Chrysos was casually driving down the 5 with Jewel in the passenger seat. "well, I did some digging, got some help from the spider, and checked her police records. Its... some fucked up stuff honestly, cut scars, medical records from her exams when she got detained show fractures and microfractures that didn't heal properly, Some burn scars that look like they came from Cigarettes.... and looking through some data the spider got me... They all come from her parents or their acquaintances. Her parents died around 2 months ago as civilian casualties during a supervillains rampage... Next of kin was her aunt in France, but she didn't want her and just hired a caretaker. Ya sure about this Teach?" he asked Jewel as they parked off the road right by the workers cleaning up the street. "Records say shes a bit unstable.... and with the estimated potential they marked her with.... lets just say some higher ups wondered if it would be better to nip the bud before it blooms. But, no casualties and only minor injuries during all of her attempted crimes...." He said as he looked at Rita cleaning up

Deathkitten Deathkitten

jewel.pngJewel
"I'm not worried about it," Jewel said, shrugging as they left the car. She let him drive because it meant they got places faster, and she trusted his luck, "I'm surprised you looked so far into her, though. Even going to the spider? But I guess she's friendly with your family so it's not as significant for you as it would be for me... Of course she's unstable with that sort of background. I won't be letting her die without even trying. If she's been careful not to harm people severely, then she's not a bad person at heart. The fact that she's strong and has a lot of potential isn't a reason to give up on her."

She trudged up the side of the highway to the girl, clearly the one she was looking for considering she was surrounded by convicts. Jewel walked right up to her and placed a hand on top of her head without having even introduced herself first. She looked to the manager, "Ay. I'm here to pick the girl up."

He looked so concerned, "O-oh. Miss Jewel. Yes. They told me you'd be picking her up, but I didn't imagine you'd do it this early. You could've waited until we were back..."

"That's fine I don't mind," she shrugged, and looked Rita in the eyes, arms folding, "I'm Jewel, kid. Villain turned Hero. Imma be in charge of you from now on. This is Chrysos, my sidekick and other trainee. Nice ta meet ya."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back