• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
~Dietrich~
Goblin Funeral

1595469288794.png It was jarring how the suddenly silent the hills were now. It was like a signal, and now the attendees were leaving like as if there was never a funeral here in the first place. Finally though, their presence was acknowledged. As the two figures approached, he tried not to let his pride feel injured at how quickly they identified Morgan as the boss and Dietrich as her underling. Does my appearance scream 'hired help' or something? Maybe he should work on that. Sometimes it would be better to give the appearance of being the one in charge in case she needed a durable decoy. Then again, she might just build a robot lookalike. She would be someone to make a fake decoy rather than risk someone's life to be her dummy.

His thoughts didn't matter much he supposed. He was just here to keep quiet and keep her safe. First impressions matter after all. Keeping a light smile on his face, he kept his senses open just in case. He couldn't imagine someone being foolish enough to attack them now, but there always was someone who would try just that. Or maybe our Don here will attack himself. One could never be too certain. So, Dietrich stood at Morgan's side like a good dog; keeping on guard while also waiting for her orders.

((Interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Morgan and Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne 's Chupacabra & Vicente Gorzob))

little boy.pngLouie and Vera
Louie looked at Aia a little weird when she wrapped her tail around his waist, but he didn't fight it, accepting it as reality... or at least real enough. Superheroes were so weird!

He got in line with snake lady for the cafeteria, and as they were waiting, looked up at her with a big smile on his face, "Hey so are you a hero? I wanna be a hero when I'm big. I think it's really cool you helped save momma and me. Like super duper cool! You're like a video game character! Are you a lamia? Oh, wait, no, you can't be. You have legs! Lamia don't have legs."

Vera smiled, her eyes sad as she looked at her lap, "They... ah... they did have to do with making things, yes. When he was alive, he could create little constructs. Ideas from his mind's eye. He was never good enough to be much of a hero, but he was artistic, creative. After Louie was born, he ran into some trouble. We had to come in and out of this hospital so often. He got ill, got cancer, and it threw his ability out of whack. It went chaotic. It ended up destroying him, in the end, because of that cancer."

She sighed, "Are you... talking to me about this because something happened...? Did he... did powers show up?"

Kyrenka Kyrenka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

1595486104936.pngSerenity
She didn't expect all the things that had come to pass. Getting stuck to a fence, the strange Mazok person - if he could really be called a person - trying to release her... and the man, Thomas, stripping her of her mask so very unceremoniously.

She shouted out at her for it, but her ears were out, as it were, and quite literally. Serenity flattened them back in annoyance and... more than a bit of worry. Heh. She had gotten in way over her head. Her costume melted away from her like it was never there into a purple mist. Her bright white tail was poofed up and her hackles raised, "I'm not gonna cause any problems, promise. I've just never seen a sub before! It's like something out of a comic and I heard it on the radio and I wanted to see it!"

The weird-looking one thought she wanted to be a hero. Good enough, she guessed, though that couldn't really be further from the truth at this point. Heck, she had a few dollars she stole from the coffer still in her pocket.

"I live at the orphanage. The Father will be really upset if he learns I was out like this. Pleeeeeeeeease don't tell him?" she begged, pouting her lower lip out a little for added effect. She looked at the guy that seemed somewhere in between the strangeness of Mazok and the sternness of the girl that had trapped her. Maybe he'd give her an out? She really would get in trouble. Father Anderson would be so annoyed at her. He didn't make it back last night, but if she got caught by heroes and dragged in like a misbehaving kit... oh she'd have to clean so much.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Last edited:
Thomas

He ran his hand down his face in a slow, exhausted manner. Amber had jumped the gun, and mazok was far too okay with any of this. "Mazok, she's a child. She can't legally even be attending as a hero, she shouldn't even be near a danger zone in general. But to put everyone's mind at ease..." He walked over, removing the mask from the young woman. And as the middle-aged male looked at the young girl before him, his entire body froze up. Ice shot through his veins and he could have sworn his heart just stopped beating. The world itself seemed to fall away, the only thing that remained was him, the girl, and his overwhelming anxiety attack. It wasn't possible, no way in hell. But...in front of him, he knew for certain, the girl was his daughter. His daughter, the one he hadn't been able to see in ten whole years...here she was. Was this some sort of cruel joke, was the universe laughing at him more than usual?

Icy tendrils latched onto his brain and spread like a cancer, and it took all of his composure to keep his breathing calm. His stomach was twisting and flooded with butterflies, and his heart threatened to break out of his chest and onto the pavement. Reality slowly faded back in, but the anxiety attack remained. He had to act calmly though...she didn't know who he was. That hurt more than anything right now. To see a light of your life and for it to not even know who you are...he'd have preferred being tossed into the sun, but that probably wouldn't really kill him. Just be annoying. His voice came, far more steady and normal than he thought possible. "It's just a kid you two. You can relax...and we're not bringing her with her, because if she gets killed, I'm not going to be live with myself, I don't know about the rest of you..." He rested a hand in his pocket, eyes staring at her. "If we let you go, you have to go right home. No following us, no sub investigation. If you do come with us, we have to tell the Father of the orphanage. And I doubt he'll be happy to know about any of this."
chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye Deathkitten Deathkitten Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Last edited:
mazok shrugged. "those boy'z over there are about 10-15 minutes old. but i see your point. if that's what you truly believe. i won't disagree, human children should have the choice if they have talent. but in this case i will concede." he seemed to be thinking with more focus on tactics and personal experience than Thomas. a soldiers mind seeing a willing volunteer and a comrade.

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Shard and friends

"Ah shit!" Was all Scile could yell before she fell into the void. "huh....last time I tried that it worked." she said to herself as she floated calmly in the void. Shard could only facepalm upon that sight. "You know....I expect nothing form Scile, yet she still manages to disappoint me..... Every time. Trust me asshole. Tricking her is not an achievement. A card with both sides saying turn to other side could keep her occupied for at least 4 hours." He announced before knocking another arrow into his bow. "Epherial. Take the boy. use him as you see fit." He ordered drawing his bow back the arrow charging with energy. Epherial nodded and vanished grabbing Kaden. "Hi no time to explain. just keep shooting and I'll handle everything else. please keep arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times. Epherial express is not responsible for any brain damage caused by whiplash" he spoke quickly before zooming Kaden around keeping one hand on the back of Kaden's neck to prevent some whiplash. Spinning around Finis as the fire was still shooting. Surrounding him in flames. "I'm somewhat regretting leaving Seiva behind." shard muttered firing his arrow into the air. "OPEN THE RIFT AND LET FLOW THE BLOOD OF SINNERS" he yelled the arrow exploding into a rift. Blood gushing out of the rift in the sky. floating into spinning orbs of condensed blood around the size of an exercise ball Behind both Shard and Jupiter. "There fresh Supply. Focus on attack I'll handle support!" He told his fellow blood mage dipping his hand into the blood orb behind himself scooping out nearly a cups worth of blood. "Epherial!" he yelled to his thrall. Epherial rolled his eyes. "Use him as a weapon now come here, make up your mind boss!" he yelled zooming over with Kaden. "This will hurt. But shut up and deal with it." Shard said stabbing his hand into Kaden's rib cage. the blood on his hand seeping in and wrapping around the shattered ribs turning into crystalline rib replacement. shard ripping his hand out the crystalline blood covering the exit wound as well. "it will wear off in a few hours. So value you your new ribs mortal."

Scile meanwhile, was floating in the void. "1456 specs of darkness 1457 specs of darkness 1458 specs of darkness....... I lost count again.... 1 spec of darkness. 2 specs of darkness.3 specs of darkness" she seemed to rather OK for being stuck in a void.

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kyrenka Kyrenka

Last edited:
1595635805755.pngOA Member - Finis
The fire of the boy was a bit more annoying with the damned speedster making circles around him. That said the speedster wasn't taking this very seriously. He was constantly joking. It seemed that the one with the arrows was instead focusing on support now. Smart, though his arrows were of more concern than most of the other projectiles... that was... aside from the skeletal woman. Hers was much more concerning, but he supposed that went with the territory of her powers.

He let the tentacles of darkness handle the lasso-like chains, but he didn't expect the one from her belly. This last one went straight through his abdomen, hook and all. "Oh now that's unfortunate," he grumbled, bleeding despite his nonchalant demeanor. The chain had even gone through his spine, though it seemed that didn't matter, and he got pulled to SoulFlare as she planned it. He did not lose his balance with the tug and instead just glared at the woman in front of them.

"Oh how forward of you, my dear," he quipped, taking the opportunity to crush her skull. One hand gripped the chain and tore it forward and out of his flesh with a spurt of dark blood. The other hand hooked fingers into her eye socket and did the crushing.

At the same time, the pit of darkness that had been left behind him in the same spot he once stood began to burble and move. Inside of it, Scile had the unfortunate experience of being choked and filled with the dark ooze. Through her nose, her mouth, it didn't matter. It curled around her and into her until her movements were no longer her own. She was still fully aware, however.

The pit spit her back out as a shrouded version of herself, black lines like tattoos down her skin. She grinned, a strained expression, and was forced to look in the direction of Shard and Jupiter before her body lumbered forward, fists swinging to try to hit Shard square in the side with all three of her right fists.

(( ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Kyrenka Kyrenka I'm gonna do Jupiter in a separate post.))

SoulFlare

At least there was some cooperation going on right now, she expected the demon to cause a fuss or argue for the sole fact of arguing. Instead, they started to work in tandem, that was fine. Her lasso was knocked aside, the chain rebounding back to its owner and wrapping around her forearm. It didn't matter, her other chain found its mark, biting through body and spine, only to yank him forward to her. He gave a shitty quip, and then she found his fingers in her eye sockets, and her skull crushed. The chain retracted into the body as her headless body lurched back slightly, as if leaning back to see the sky. All of a sudden, her hand lashed out, grabbing the arm that had helped crush her skull, hellfire coating her hand into a bonfire. Just as easily as her skull had been destroyed, it rematerialized in but a second, the empty eye sockets of the woman staring at him.

"Nice try. Sadly, there are no consolation prizes in this game." The fire erupting from the fist wrapped around his arm didn't scorch skin nor suit, no. True to its very nature, it sought out his soul, in an effort to burn it and sear it to a charcoal crisp. Adjusting her stance she attempted to flip him over her. If that was successful, he'd find his arm bent in an awkward fashion behind him, her foot in the small of his back. It looked like the idiot demon had turned on her kin...not her issue right now. If they needed help, they could wait.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Kyrenka Kyrenka Deathkitten Deathkitten

CF9D8F5E-6F92-4287-A6AB-7A84271434A8.jpeg
Samantha
Interaction: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Samantha’s tail wagged happily when she came and sat down next to her. Immediately leaning in she nuzzled gently against the woman’s shoulder a drunken smile on her lips. That was until she asked what her regret’s were. Immediately Samantha's look turned back to her depressed self. Her ears dropped down onto her head, her tail went flat as Samantha moved. Laying down she put her head into Annabelle’s lap. Nuzzling into it to try and keep her mind away from the thoughts. Still though they flooded her mind as tears welled into her eyes. “I-I want my child back.” Samantha whimpered quietly as she reached into her pocket and slowly pulled a photo out. It was half torn, clearly cutting out her former husband. The photo was of her, holding her beautiful white haired baby girl. Her little ears perked happily and though it was a still photo you could tell her little tail was wagging happily. Samantha also looked happy. It brought more tears to her eyes as she saw the photo before burying her face into Annabelle’s lap.​

unnamed.jpg
Viara
Interaction: Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Viara watched the woman as she heard her ask for a coin. The question confused her a little as she tightened her hand on the woman's. "What kind of coin?" Viara couldn't help but ask, wanting to help this woman in anyway she could. It was a curious feeling wanting to help her out. Gently she pulled the woman as close as she could to keep her under the umbrella. Once she was sure the woman would stay dry she pressed into the woman, keeping the umbrella held up between them. with her now free hand she gently started to ruffle through her pockets looking for any kind of coinage she had on her to see if any of it could be what the woman was asking for. after a moment or two she pulled out a handful of lose change and a few random unique looking coins she had procured over random jobs through the years. Gently she looked from the hand to her before back. "Any of these what you are looking for?" She asked her softly​

Aia15.png
Aia
Loaction: Hospital cafeteria
Interaction: Deathkitten Deathkitten

Aia studied the room curiously when they entered. Her tail still gently wrapped around the boys waist as they got into line for food. Her head slowly scanned the room till she heard the boy's voice. Looking down curiously to him as he spoke. Of course she couldn't understand him and it was obvious as her head tilted to the side curiously. A gentle smile slipped onto her lips as she hugged the boy from behind to keep him close. Nuzzling into his head happily as she cooed and made cute sounds at him. Her attention was quickly pulled though by the scent of meat. Quickly her head rose up and she scanned the room for it. Slowly her arms let go of him and she got onto her hands and feet. Sniffing around curiously she slipped around the boy and between the legs of the man in front of them. Moving through the line despite all the disgruntled and unhappy complaints and grypes that came from them. Soon she had been at the front of the line with the child in tow. Her eyes wide with want as she stared down the assortment of meat that sat in front of them. The cook stared her down with hesitation as aia sat at level with the table, Holding onto the table with a smile on her lips in eager wait to be given what she wanted.

Anabella Bonner née Levi

Apparently the question had not been well received, as the wolf woman had laid her head in her lap and gone quite melancholy. As if by instinct, a gloved hand went to the woman's head, gently stroking her hair. A photo was brought out, and she studied it with due diligence. She had lost her daughter...from the situation and the way the photo was, she imagined it was a divorce, and a nasty one at that. "Poor dear..it's alright." She spoke in soft tones, continuing to stroke the girls head calmly. "Your daughter is beautiful. I'm sure that hasn't changed...don't cry dear." Her attention turned out the clocktower, staring outside. "There's no reason to cry. A mothers love is the strongest thing, not even death itself can separate mother and child. If you want to get her back, you have to win her back. Become the woman she knows you can be, and become the woman that will earn her back...Does a little girl want her mother to drink the day away? I don't think so...it also won't do you any favors in getting her back. I'm certain you can get her back, and I'll help you as I can." She fell silent for a while, ever-shifting eyes staring ahead. "I have a daughter too, you know. I can't speak to her anymore, and she can't see me. It's been seventeen years since I was able to hold her and tell her how much I loved her. She's a hero now, I'm very proud of her. I wish I could tell her that...it's hard, but it won't change. You can change your situation though, I promise you dear...it will work out. After all, as I said..." her tone grew softer, a soft whisper. "Not even death will stop a mother from being with her child."
Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

~Kaden~
OA Attack

1595816646106.png Kaden jolted as one of the heroes appeared in front him and gripped his wrist. He actually wasn't expecting any of them to help him, he had been working alone for so long that it hadn't even crossed his mind that the others would even want to help. He couldn't even reject her help if he wanted to because he was suddenly whipped around and used as a human flame thrower. Gathering his bearings, the brunet stopped the stream of flames but the woman had already made a complete circle of hellfire around the OA guy. Oh shit. The motion was not good for his ribs. He barely got a break as he was dragged once more. Vision spinning a little, he had just made eye contact with the demon when Shard's hand plunged into his chest, causing him to double over once more. Calm down, he's helping. Calming down when someone was literally rearranging his fucking bones was pretty damn hard. His free hand gripped onto Shard's arm out of reflex as pain emptied his mind of other thoughts. At least you're not screaming. Screaming can be so annoying. A beacon of compassion she was.

Gasping as the demon's hand left his chest, Kaden let go of Shard to feel his chest. Wait, it's going to wear off? So he was going to just have a gaping hole in his chest? Better hope you can carry your ass to a hospital then. I'm not going to have you die this quickly. It was funny how pissed off the thought of him dying made Mashu. Not out of concern or anything, but most likely because she hadn't had much of a chance to run wild in his body yet. Eyes turning up to the demon in front of him, Kaden managed to mumble out a rough, "Thanks." Glancing back at the battlefield, his eyes widened as he noticed that the demon woman with six arms was approaching them with her fists cocked. "Look out!" His hand ignited as he aimed to douse the attacking Scile in flames.

((Interacting with Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon 's Epherial, Shard, and Scile | Nearby ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Soulflare and Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Finis and Jupiter))

Zaphkiel - Somewhere on the streets

She pulled me closer to her, and I felt her warmth permeate me gently. Only now did I noticed that she was wearing gloves, diffusing her heat into a kinder ember. She was... hmm... a considerate person. When she pulled out the coins from her pocket, I looked closely at what she had, rifling through the little disks of metal with the tip of my finger. All those coins... They were shining, but the gleam was too shallow, too young. Those were too modern, I thought, and not the right metal.

"I'm sorry..." I said, "I don't find the one I need."

For a second, I thought about leaving her there, she had not what I needed, so I had no reason to stay. But... I liked her warmth.

"I need silver", I added. "A silver coin, a denarius. To pay passage into a dream."

Mjr. Sadensei - Naval scrapyard

This one was on her. She hadn't expected that who or whatever had fallen on her car's roof would be a kid, and admittedly it had slowed her down quite a bit, reaction-wise, that was. But she hadn't expected Mazok to just cut the kid free not even ten seconds after they had been caught, and her brain jammed like a counterfeit armenian AK-48, the thoughts getting stuck in the barrel like unproperly-sized bullets. Like, who in the seven godsfuckingdamned blazes freed an unknown individual with as of yet unknown motives ten seconds after capture ?

There was a black and red flash and the sword that had been resting on the backseat, for lack of a better word, evaporated from its resting place, zapping through the open car window to reappear hanging at her belt. Her hand closed tightly and came resting on the pommel, a gesture that, even if extremely minor wasn't peculiar in the slightest. If she had to draw the Moriathid to impose discipline, then she would. Hopefully, it wouldn't come to that, even if she was doubting it a little; it had happened only once in her entire career as far as she could remember, and blood that wasn't hers had been spilt on the sand that twilight. A sword day, a red day, went the saying. Hopefully, she wouldn't have to prove it true once more.

Her voice rang out, cold as ice and hard as steel. There was no trace of warmth in her golden eyes, two perfectly circular irises, calm circular faces of cold amber, surrounded by snowy sclerae, themselves swallowed by the blackness of her skin. Black as ash did she look, and just as unforgiving would she prove. Ashes that got a grip of you would never let you go, clinging to skin, clothes, to your insides and maybe even your soul... Her entire body tensed at once, from head to toe - from toe to head, rather. For her, it always came from the bottom first.

"Mazok. Care to explain why you just cut loose what could very well be a villain, a criminal, a spy or maybe even an OA member trying to wriggle its way out like a worm ? And you Brawler, coming close to it, removing its mask and just staying there like a goddamn garden stake ?"

She breathed out, a gust of vapor flying out of her lips, and a mean gleam went through her eyes. She spoke again, a definitely different tint to her voice. Those words... For stronger minds, they would be but words, but for anyone else, they would be compelling to a degree, and even if only the weakest would feel actually fully driven to fulfill her commands, the people here would at the very least feel somewhat inclined to obey - or so she thought. She couldn't be entirely sure, ever, but it was worth a shot.

"Now, you're all going to listen to me, and I don't want to hear a word from any of you. You - " she barked at the kid, harshly and mirthlessly, "I'm gonna stickwrap you again because as far as I know you're a potential enemy, and if you're not you've been stupid enough to get your ass ringing on the roof of an USMC vehicle. You'll still be able to talk and to breathe normally, but you won't be able to use your arms. Not that I want to hear your voice. Once we get to the coast, I'll put you in the hands of the ensign overseeing the search for the sub, and I don't want to see you ten centimeters left or right of where I left you when I come back. After we're done there, I'll pick you up and we'll go back to where you live so you can explain yourself. No comments !"

She turned her gaze to Mazok and Brawler.

"You two... Brawler first. I don't have much to say to you except that I've seen earthworms with more common sense, and the fuckers don't even have a brain ! As far as she looks she's still a kid, sure, but she didn't get on the roof with just words and a little hope - you don't even know what abilities she has, if she does have abilities, and she could have an explosive belt ready to detonate. Tell me in less what the sanctified fuck you were thinking, and better be clear ! And if you're really insistent on the fact that she's still a kid, then you're gonna be responsible for her starting now till we let in in the navyman's hands and you'll be responsible again when we pick her back up."

And as she turned to Mazok, shards of ice crept into the domineering tones, coldening an already freezing voice.

"And you. What kind of world do you think we live in that you can just cut free a literally unknown person that landed on top of a military vehicle ? The teletubbies aren't real, you know that ? So let me be very clear, if you do something as stupid as that, without even mentioning the insubordination, I'll make you eat your goddamn rifle barrel first."

She took a step back, camouflaging her pained staggering with an angry armfold. The anger was fucking with her systems, she could feel it. The magic in those was too fragile to support bursts of emotions like that, and she could already feel heat building up all around her body, the frail mechanisms clearly not appreciating the sudden tension. She grimaced, her lips twisting into a scowl.

"Do. I. Make. Myself. Clear ?"

The seething anger she was exuding was taking a visible smoke, a viscous, thick black mist coming out of her skin like pitch or grease, slithering around her till it got absorbed by her blade, the red patterns on the flat sides of the blade gaining in brightness. One thing was sure... The sword was malevolent, and if it was drawn, there was little that would see it sheathed back once more.

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye

Last edited:
he nods. "I just realize if they wanted to kill us they wouldn't have panicked when you emerged, i may a warrior but i don't seek bloodshed for it's own sake. plus i doubt even OA would Employ a child as weak as her, and if she *was* a spy, then she'd have no problem telling us." as he put a hand on the spiders shoulder. the kind of grip that implies she shouldn't run. "as for me cutting her free, i was merely playing as Americans call 'good cop'. as well, i admit it was hasty. but we're talking about a child... a powered child but a child nonetheless. if that is cause for ire, i will pay it in leading the assault." he looked at trident. clearly wary but holding his ground as he met her gaze. "otherwise you are crystal clear."

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

"fuck fuck shit " Shard said quickly stabbing his own arm before chanting. A large portal being tore open next to him. "Grune! Grune get out here and punch shit!" shard said Quickly while shooting more arrows towards finis. Getting increasingly worried about scile approaching very fast he looked at the portal only for at the very last second of sciles punch a shield emerged blocking the punches resulting in a loud sound emanating from the shoulder. "Forgive me for the sins I am about to commit my lord Christ. Though I have been tainted let my faith remain pure." His body seemed to glow golden as he emerged fully from the portal. The fallen Paladin, Sir Grune Teriage "Greetings Scile. If you are my opponent....Then I pray That one of may fall swiftly" He said solemnly as his voice seemed to fill the battlefield despite the fact he had not raised his voice. Raising his pole-arm into the air it seemed as if the very sky bestowed a holy glow upon it before he swung it down upon scile with enough force to crater the ground beneath the two. "Ehh we got two holy heavy hitters now!" Epherial Chimed as he let go of the fire user. "Hey skull lady! Dual attack?" he asked zooming towards her. Jumping in the air spinning rapidly. His entire body a blur as he stuck out one leg. Like a spinning buzz saw of an axe kick planning to descend upon the OA man.
71Z4BD8jVuL.png

Shard looked at his very blood arm and concentrated magical energy to it. The blood staining his arm dripping down to his palm, condensing to an orb. This was what shard had called a Blood Drug, a simple pill made of his blood and magic that could act like a temporary boost, tossing it to Jupiter he looked at her."Don't worry about Scile, Grune can hold her off. Let us focus on the OA member. Capture may be impossible at this point. Focus on killing now, use that once your out of magical energy." it wasn't much but it would at least help. All he had to do was hope that Grune could handle Scile while Epherial and the skeleton took care of him up close. Jupiter shard and the flame welding kid could take pot shots. "Fire user. I shall create magic circles. Shoot your flames into them. They will act as a catalyst to condense the fire into smaller more penetrating projectiles, Accuracy and power over Size got it?" He yelled Drawing more blood from his body. Already he was missing about 40% of his total blood, the only reason he was even awake and standing was due to his years of training and the fact he was a demon. With that darkness ability. It was highly unlikely he could be contained quickly. They would need multiple mages with sealing spells. Or hope the humans have invented some way to inhibit powers. "This is going to be more troublesome then I hoped." he mumbled

( Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kyrenka Kyrenka

Corsair - Street outside of the Devil's Tale Bakery

She sighed, a high-pitched sound that sounded a little like a bird's whistling. "Haa... Well, I wasn't expecting that. Alright. The problem got taken care of one way or the other, so I guess you pass. I'm really not regarding in that matter, I won't hound you down for that. Y'know what... Just come back here, and I'll decide what to do of you know, since apparently you're gonna be my apprentice now."

She tapped her wrists quickly, thinking quickly. Well, there wasn't much they could do, except maybe go to the registration building to have Narava recorded as her apprentice, and then it'd be freestyle into the unknown - the way she liked it the most, to be honest. But she didn't really know what to do of a kid, even a kid like that one. Well, time would tell, and there was always work for those who were looking for it. The kid wouldn't be bored much, of that Corsair was certain.

Thomas

Thomas was a bit too dumbstruck at first to fully understand what was going on. He did, of course, finally start adding things together. She was resting her hand on her sword and her voice had become overly dominating...ah shit. Normally, his willpower was S+, it had to be considering he had the equivalent of a WMD lodged in his brain. However, given the current situation, he wasn't on top of the ball mentally, so he felt a little more compelled to speak than he usually would. But even as he opened his mouth to respond, his temple was noticeably bulged, a hand going to the side of his head to cradle it and wincing. In spite of the situation, he kept his voice level, respectful, and calm. "Trident, if she's as dangerous as you think she is, me running a mile wouldn't have done any good. We had to see who she was, so I took the mask off. It would make no difference if I stood here or if I backed up if she's an OA member, respectfully." He paused to take in a hissing breath, the throbbing in his temple cooling slowly. "If she has an explosive belt, we'd all be fine, even if I had to jump on it myself."

He slowly lowered his hand from his skull, taking a deep breath as he straightened up, trying to maintain eye contact despite the fact he wanted to stare at the ground and inspect the nice concrete. "My thought process was simple. If she's a threat, we need a face to go off of in the event she attacks us, gets away, or otherwise. If she's an OA member or something like you suspect she may be, I could have run all the way to the other side of the city, and I'd still be at risk I suspect. It made no difference if I stood here, or walked away. At any rate, I also assumed that if I was the closest to the epicenter of the threat, I'd be able to respond to it quickly and intervene. As you can probably gather by what I told you in the car, my own safety has been ranked below the bottom of the barrel by the command staff. I fully suspect her to be just a child, and I will take full responsibility for her as needed....you are crystal clear ma'am. I apologize."
Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
alida.pngJupiter
Blood pill. Alright. She absorbed it without a second thought. Of course, normally, it'd be quite dangerous to accept such a thing from a demon without a deal or the like, but right now? It was battle, and you didn't mix battle and deal-making if you could avoid it. She shivered at the sensation of the drug doing its work and crouched to her knees, palms on the floor.

The big demon girl, Scile, was being dealt with by a sudden paladin - she'd definitely have to question that later - so she didn't have to worry so much about getting punched in the head. Shardaken looked about ready to pass out though, so she did what she could to help that. He was stronger than her, so she just had to lend him her blood. She lifted one hand up and cut a small slit in her shoulder with her nail, letting the blood drip out a little down onto her arm. Jupiter muttered a few words in demonic, making a temporary link between the two of them so that their blood was shared.

The immediate effect of this, at least for her, was that she was really happy she was already on her knees. The sudden lack of blood was jarring, dizzying. How much had he actually lost? Geezus fuck. As a human, she couldn't withstand as much as him, but hot damn he was working on fumes. Good thing she was good at sharing her toys then. Jupiter shook her head and focused her vision on her hands in front of her. This wouldn't take much blood.

She began work on making a circle of blood-written runes that slowly spread out from her hands to encompass the area. It'd take a while, but the goal was to shut him in so if he decided to go boom or something, the whole neighborhood wouldn't get taken with him. As a secondary benefit to that, it'd make it more difficult for him to run off.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kyrenka Kyrenka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Rurulian

Ruru 2.jpgRuru walked into the store a bit miffed. Shard wasnt going to control her life now that she knew the truth. He wants to control his daughters life then he sould first start by acting like a father. Gently lifting yami on to her shoulders she walked behind the register. Grabbing some snacks, a whole box of shards home baked muffins, and some sodas. "Uhh miss Oni... are you working the register?" and guy in a suit asked holding an empty coffee mug. Ruru simply turned to him. "One I'm a demon so fuck off. Two, were closing for today go fuck yourself." she said walking into the Living room tossing Nadia one of the muffins and handing Yami one. "Going for a walk Nadia. If ya see shard kick him in the dick for me" She then proceeded to walk straight out the back door as she nommed on a muffin. "i need to get a basket for my bike..... Ill use Sha- Dads credit card later. Ready for a relaxing walk? Mean dude with an axe wont be around~" she said to yami smiling. This walk was to have some relaxation while she cleared her head of everything that just happened. She needed some quiet walking time, and Yami may even help with that. Walking down the street on the opposite of the store she sighed. "Feel like a park? Or maybe an arcade Yami? ....You'll just babble, dont know why im asking." she sighed to herself again. Looking around she pulled out a pack of black cigarettes. "dont tell anyone ya see me doing this yami." she said lighting one and inhaling deeply letting the red smoke out. Smokes jezzabel gave her straight from hell. In case she ever needed to call down quickly. Coughing a bit she looked at it. "How strong does she buy? she said these were half her normal strength..." she mumbled to herself before inhaling again.

84A651F4-CCE9-4D7D-935A-D0CF023EF857.jpeg

Samantha
Interaction: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Her words while kind and sweet weren’t helping Samantha at all. She didn’t know what the situation was. “You don’t understand. I haven’t seen her since she was a baby. The courts ordered that I never see her again. I don’t know where she is in the world, how am I supposed to win her back when I’m not allowed to know her? I don’t know where she is, how she’s doing, what she is up to. How am I supposed to get her back when she probably doesn’t even remember me!” Samantha cried out as she clung to the photo in her hands. “The world took the only thing I care about away. You can at least see your daughter. Watch over her and know she is doing ok. My daughters gone, taken from me. I lost my husband because of my hero work, I lost my hero work because of my husband..... and I lost my daughter because of both of them.” She said in a quiet defeated whimper as she curled up into a ball. It only hurt more voicing everything she had tried to keep down with alcohol. All the pain and sorrow in her hear flooding to the surface. Samantha wanted to die and it didn’t help that they where stop a high building. Sure she would be able to jump off and land just fine, but if she jumped now she wouldn’t save herself.
————————————————————
E685B69F-6C1D-4663-A586-C694011A910F.jpeg

Viara

Viara frowned softly when she was informed none of the coin was what she was looking for. She wanted to help this woman despite her strange request. She listened intently as the woman spoke of needing a denarius to get to a dream. It puzzled her for a few moments as she racked her brain. Denarius, she had heard that name many times before. Quickly a look of realization slipped into her eyes.
“Denarius? Like the old Roman coin?” She asked her almost half excitedly. Viara has many contacts and even one that possibly had what this woman was searching for. Slipping the coins back into her pocket before grabbing the umbrella again so it wasn’t squished between there bodies.
“Because if so..... I may now someone that can get us one.” She said softly to the woman.
————————————————————
87E328FF-7E78-479A-B12B-F2900069EAB3.jpeg
Charlie

Charlie’s smile grew massive as she was accepted by Corsair. Practically shaking in excitement as she listened to Corsair on the phone. “Yes Ma’am! I’ll head right back to where we met! Thank you so much Miss Corsair I won’t let you down!” She said to her before hanging up the phone. As soon as the call was ended Charlie squealed in excitement, jumping up and down a little in joy as her bow formed in her hand. While jumping up and down she shot a line arrow and landed on it. Clearly excited beyond imagination as she started sprinting down the line back towards the bakery to meet back with Corsair. It only took half as long to get back to the bakery due to her excitement. Leaping off her last line arrow with the most excited flip she landed back on the ground with a smile. Looking around curiously for Corsair, wondering where her new mentor could be.​

Last edited:
1595897622507.pngOA Member - Finis
This whole holding back thing was proving more difficult than he expected it to. He was going to be in quite a bit of trouble when the others found out about this. That was... unfortunate. He didn't expect the skull woman's head to rematerialize, and certainly not that quick, so when his arm was grabbed, he gave out a pained hiss.

"That actually hurt you little bitch," he growled, a grimace of disdain for the woman in front of him marring his features. His soul, dark as it was, felt the burn of her fire ever so intimately. It served to fan his flames, however, and though he let himself be flipped, arm bent, her foot to his back, it was too easy. Like a crocodile building its strength.

He cackled with laughter, "You're one to look out for. You can spot us so easily, our souls, I would guess, given that lovely little burn you just scorched so deep into my being. That is not easy to block out - and rather obvious when one does unless you're a specialist at that. Hah. Try finding a specialist like that; it's like looking for a needle in the haystack that is Los Angeles. All these little ants... you're just a tiny bit better than the average. How wonderful for you." There was a sickening crack as his head turned full-tilt around to observe his would-be captor. She had to know he was simply waiting it out.

"I'm trying to debate on how best to do this," he mused, neck popping as he tilted it one way, "I'm not a very fair sport, but in this case, I'll be a little nice. I'd say you've earned one question thus far. So shoot. Then you can work on earning a few more, yes?" His eyes were on her, so he had yet to notice Jupiter's fledgling ring she was working on creating.

Epherial, on the other hand, was hard to ignore. As he had allowed himself to be caught, there was little avoiding the spinning boy slamming into his body. Was he for real? Like... actually? Did these people, save for the Demon Prince and this soul burning woman, were they idiots? He glared at the boy as though he had just interrupted a conversation for adults. Annoyed energy poured off of him in waves like strands of hair, crawling out from around him and into the ground.

"Are you a child?" he asked, head swiveling back around with all the snaps and pops associated. Finis combined a blast of energy with his own super strength to push off from SoulFlare, then point at the child of a man, his other hand raised to said 'one moment' to SoulFlare. "I'll give you your question in a moment. This one has pissed me off. Little speedster. Little annoyance. Aggravation. You want to be used as a weapon, do you? By all means, I'd not mind having a second addition. That idiotic demon already is a puppet, which for all those listening who aren't the subject of my current ire, fear not for it will wear off in a while. My goal is not to kill any of you. In fact, you disrupted my goal, so in that way, you've already won. Good job."

"As for you, however, my kid gloves are coming off for a moment while I take you out of the equation,"
he stated, voice calming to the point of concern as he literally took his gloves off and tucked them into his coat pocket in a smooth motion. For all save SoulFlare, given her angelic nature, Shardaken, given his demonic standing, and Epherial considering how fast he thought and moved, the scene around them slowed to a crawl.

"You're fast. I'll give you that. Considering what I've seen thus far, I'd guess that's the only thing you have going for you, hm? It's unfortunate, really. These two are still going to be able to move, but you. How fast are you with time slowed to about a tenth of the norm? Ten seconds take one-hundred. That should make your speed a bit more manageable. Come here. If you put your neck in my hand, maybe I'll be a little nice."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Kyrenka Kyrenka

Serenity
Panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic

Okay, that word had lost all meaning by now.

Fudge. Fudgenuckers. Dare she even say... damn it.

I'm not an it! I'm a girl!

She felt like her words needed to be heeded. Needed heeding? Whatever. They were scary. She was starting to hyperventilate a little with her fight or flight response kicking in in full gear. She wasn't gonna get caught. No. Not an option. She wasn't gonna get wrapped up. That was... was this what claustrophobia felt like? She didn't like the idea of being stuck. Her ears flattened, tail poofed in fear. She wasn't allowed to talk. The woman said so, even if she didn't think her words were right.

Imagine. Gotta imagine. What do I need to imagine? What's here? Ships? Ships do things. They weren't on the water. Ships weren't useful out of the water, were they? They couldn't move out of water. The lady and two guys hadn't attacked her, not really, so they didn't deserve to have something fall on their heads. No. She needed to do something to just get away. How would Wolfspider do it? He'd swing. There wasn't much to swing on here though... She was in the low ground. Naval scrapyard though, lots of metal around. Water near-ish. What other heroes or villains had she seen? Father? Father could do magic, but his magic was holy. If she tried to make something like that, then it would be way weaker.

But... wings!

As soon as she thought it, a pair of dark purple wings appeared against her back, not actually attached, but hovering a few inches off. With the wings, she shuffled and backed up, then began floating, ready to bolt at a moment's notice. Her eyes flicked to Thomas, then back to Amber. Were they gonna fight?

"I... I want to come with you! Tattle on me later, I don't wanna miss this! It's a submarine! I'll stay out of the way."

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye

Last edited:
Anabella Bonner née Levi

A soft sigh escaped her, a gloved hand continuing to stroke the womans hair. "You have two options, miss Samantha. Turn your life around and find a way to get her back, as you want to and I know you can. Or alternatively, wallow in your sadness and drink until your liver ceases to function. I'm not going to tell you one way or the other, of course. You're an adult woman, you may make your own life choices." She stopped stroking Samantha's hair, hand simply laying atop her head. "You are not the only one who has their troubles, Miss Samantha if that gives you any solace. My time with you draws short however, I can't speak to you forever." Even if it was easy to manifest inside a clock-tower, it didn't mean it was effortless. Her energy was steadily draining the longer she sat here and spoke, slow as it may be. And if she ran out of energy, she'd be snapped back to Claymores equipment. "I'm not trying to be rude, of course. But kind words will only do so much."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back